Doom/Classic FPS General Thread

No one has made a thread in a while, so talk about Doom and those Classic FPSs. Video related is a WIP Doom TC that recreates the first Castlevania in first person.

Other urls found in this thread:

doomgod.com/wads/iwads/
mega.nz/#!J35W3I6Q!1cNH_A-9rg9CRTSLVfpDZz0ThegleUZhhV3cqh52z78
mega.nz/#!o6xHXCYT!Fat397TU6iq7mb-yp3J7RQgxTB2yi6F8X9Ru8vi-z0o
sol-contingency.com/builds/Sol_Contingency_PG_Install_1.0.exe
zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE
github.com/ForsakenX/forsaken/wiki/Download-and-installation
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom
simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm
dropbox.com/s/irv758idxnltdio/UNHINGv2.wad?dl=1
archive.fo/sAUJJ
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?page=2
archive.is/fToCU
8agdg.wikidot.com/moonman-doom
mega.nz/#F!AFUBAYqS!vbipx7ds6IY_CHdQn4eOPQ
realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/doom-style-mainmenu-158-94349/1858-riot-nerve-gas-launcher
realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/doom-style-mainmenu-158-94349/1827-heavy-carbine
mega.nz/#!ncxnnYRJ!T32yZXaSSTNdeDYIpptMvrUrkM3l5bGMjgH4zAXUApQ
github.com/id-Software/DOOM/blob/77735c3ff0772609e9c8d29e3ce2ab42ff54d20b/linuxdoom-1.10/p_mobj.c
filedropper.com/moontest
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=48967
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom/blob/c28bda13b74120dd6f5bdb1ed0faebed8530e4ac/PK3/sounds/Weapons/MG42/MG42SHT.wav
allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/bannedwads.php?filename=whatdafuck&md5=&user=
allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/bannedwads.php?filename=wdf&md5=&user=
doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_in_workplaces
moddb.com/mods/thellas-first-map/stats
zdoom.org/files/gzdoom/bin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory Doom guide, and the iwads can be found here: doomgod.com/wads/iwads/

Why would you ever want recoil in Doom?

It's designed for use with mouselook.

For balance :^)

Oh boy, that time again.
PREPARE FOR FUCKING DESCENT, FAGGOTS
mega.nz/#!J35W3I6Q!1cNH_A-9rg9CRTSLVfpDZz0ThegleUZhhV3cqh52z78 Descent 1 with DXRebirth
mega.nz/#!o6xHXCYT!Fat397TU6iq7mb-yp3J7RQgxTB2yi6F8X9Ru8vi-z0o Descent 2 with DXRebirth

Its 6DOF baby. Think Doom but in every direction. It was made by Parallax (who half of which would split into Volition) and published by Interplay.
A sourceport made for the two games that allow shit like a gentleman's resolution and support for modern gamepads as well as M+KB
You bet your goddamn ass there is multiplayer. Not very lively now, so set up a server, get some anons, and get playing.
>Where can I buy this?
You can't. Interplay fucked up and didn't pay the right people when it was up on digital storefronts, so you pretty much can't anymore unless you hunt down an original copy, and then you gotta get shit working. Just use the links, faggot.
Stop being a fucking pussy.
Well, if you need more direct action, there's Descent 3. Its not as good, but its something if you need it. There's also the Freespace games which, while not the exact same, is by Volition, half the team that made these. There's also three 'spiritual successors' that are coming around so look out for those I guess.
Well there's three main ones. Descent: Underground, made by a bunch of fans who got the license from Interplay that's apparently recreating the multiplayer but its Early Access and apparently sucks dick. There's Overload, a more true single-player spiritual successor by some of the original Parallax devs that is closer to the originals with closed enviornments, lots of weapons, shit to shoot, and all that stuff, but its also in Early Access. Then there's Sol Contingency, a game by some former Interplay devs that was originally gonna be a remake of the original, but now seems to be a new affair with a multiplayer focus and a demo out there if you care sol-contingency.com/builds/Sol_Contingency_PG_Install_1.0.exe .

NOW ITS TIME TO PLAY SOME MOTHERFUCKIN' DESCENT

Looks like an improved version of that minecraft map. Is it good?

The Castlevania TC has not been released to the public yet so I don't know if it's good or shit.

I knew those painting textures looked familiar.

Skip brutal doom and play project brutality.
Brutal doom is pretty much a demo compared to it.

What's the last wad/mod you played?
What'd you think of it?

Maybe it was done by the same guy.

I'd really like to know what a good recommended control scheme for the keyboard is.

That whip looks like it might be the most satisfying melee weapon in a first-person game ever. I might have to make a first-person game with a whip as the main weapon now. Can't wait for this to release.

Is there any way to install GZDoom on Fedora other than compiling it from source?

Not sure if this is what you're alluding to, but when it was for sale on GOG, the original Descent developers weren't seeing a dime in royalties. Fuck Interplay.

If you want to support a couple of the original developers be sure to buy Overload when it's finished.

I'm sure there are better ways (particularly with a mouse with lots of buttons), but here's my main setup: WASD + RF for all strafing motions, QE for rolling.

invert vertical axis

Project brutality is better.

Where's the best place to learn how to make a Doom/Build mod?

By just doing it, really.
Practice and messing up is the best teacher.

7/10

I guess I'm a brainlet, then. How do you even get started?

What's the story on Descent II's music? I know Descent 1 had a cool redbook soundtrack that shipped with the Mac release. You can input those in dx1rebirth to replace the MIDI tunes. What are you options for Descent II?

I don't think it's like actual programming where there are specific recommended guides to follow because it's important you get the basics right before you start or else you'll catch on bad habits.
There are many resources, even Youtube videos, if you just google it.

Descent 1's MIDI soundtrack was made by Interplay's team of in-house composers, which also got remade as a redbook soundtrack for release
For Descent 2 they hired a new guy as their MIDI composer, but given the short development time the guy could only crank out eight tracks, four of them being level themes which are heavily reused throughout the 25-or so levels. Descent 2 did also feature a redbook CD featuring more original tracks, though I think the MIDI songs are based on the redbook instead of the other way around

For Descent 1 the MIDI soundtrack is available through several audio card outputs, each of which feature their own take on the MIDI songs. I think some songs are the best in OPL3 Ad-Lib, but some I like more with the SB16 or SC-55. You're gonna have to look up for yourself which one you like most

Embed related is my favourite interpretation of the Lunar Scilab theme because it has that tempting lead-in at 0:23 which literally none of the other soundcards will produce

Here's one for some basic scripting.

Get Slade for editing and Doom Builder for maps. Then read the Wiki for specifics. Most everything in ZDoom is handled with decorate's which are relatively easy to work with. Start by stealing Assets from other mods and making your own remixes with custom sprites. Eventually you start to understand just by messing around.

zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

Strategy for shaking homing missiles in Descent 1? I've tried trichording before and it kinda works but it's pretty difficult to not run into shit.

That looks pretty good. Far better than I would have thought.

Pretty much. Its why it isn't on sale on Steam anymore either. Overload is pretty fun. Shows what happens when a Kickstarter isn't extremely overfunded.

What's the best gore mod that doesn't effect gameplay? Ketchup doesn't work for shit anymore.

When is this cunt gonna finish Golden Souls 2?

When is this cunt gonna finish Golden Souls 2?

That's a pretty awesome mod. :I'm impressed.

The best solution I've found is to trichord diagonally under or above them. Though this is only possible in large open spaces, in most other cases, you just have to hide behind corners.

I think they make a good argument. Sounds like you need to work on your shit WAD more.

That guy is absolutely right. A couple of minutes into that video, and it looks like breaking candles to collect stuff gets super boring. Sure, the player isn't "forced" to, but there's also no reason not to take advantage of it. The only deterrent to not collect everything is that it gets tedious, and that's just bad form.
The number of candles should be cut by a significant portion, so that they actually have value AND doesn't kill the pacing.

Are there any gameplay mods that are simply too overwhelming to play through?

Hey look, 320x200 video scaling.

I'm having an unusual problem with Doom RPG when using GZDoom 3.2. I can not see my health, armor, etc, just the Doom RPG exclusive stats.

I'm currently using Jimmy's Jukebox, Legendoom, Oblige, and Doom RPG. I'm drowning in keybinds.

Do what this guy is saying. You will want to learn how to write DECORATE scripts. It's easy and fun, but I'm also an experienced programmer, so I might be somewhat biased.

You play video games on your computer, not your hat, stupid

Archviles are shit enemies.

Fighting them is about as much fun as trying to pull out a splinter.

quake 2 is the only game i've ever actually liked. anyone know of anything similar?

are you able to play these games with a flight stick. The footage I saw of this game looked like it'd be perfect for it.

Hideous Destructor.
It's known to make people kill themselves with hot peppers
HD is a fucking bullshit unwieldy mess

I have an issue with getting super fun mods, but level packs that aren't at all balanced for them. I usually have the most fun using unbalanced mods with unbalanced level packs, but thats a different kind of fun.

How would someone know what mods mesh well with what levels? I've just been using smooth doom since most level mods that aren't total conversions are obviously not balanced for mods that change guns or mechanics in some way. Since that would require a crystal ball I guess.

I have an issue with getting super fun mods, but level packs that aren't at all balanced for them. I usually have the most fun using unbalanced mods with unbalanced level packs, but thats a different kind of fun.

How would someone know what mods mesh well with what levels? I've just been using smooth doom since most level mods that aren't total conversions are obviously not balanced for mods that change guns or mechanics in some way. Since that would require a crystal ball I guess.

I think something is wrong with the site. This thread keeps bumping, but I don't see my post.

Ancient Aliens is a shit megawad. It's only good for the aesthetics and even then not much.

The issue with Hideous Destructor is that it is meant to be played with the ARMA mindset, which doesn't mesh well with most of Doom and Doom 2's level design.

you got that right

What about Forsaken?
github.com/ForsakenX/forsaken/wiki/Download-and-installation

Apparently it still works just fine.>>13498661

Forgot picture

Mutiny was really fun with SpaceHunter, should probably work well with any slaughterwad with a lot of crowds. Scythe 2 with High Noon Drifter got a bit obtuse near the end but was pretty fun. Generally you want to take a wad that would be too easy or too hard on its own and add gameplay modifiers to make it just right. Trailblazer's only for absurd horseshit and slaughterwads, and stuff like Rainbow Six Weapons only works if you got something that doesn't have a lot of hitscan, or ambushes. Just play wads and fuck around until you find a combination that works.

The gun sound from the sass gun alone was worth it, even if it had the accuracy of a shotgun at sniper range.

Had to look this game up. Shit looks really fuckin' fun. Will have to try it out.

many thanks, will try out.

Are there any other weird mods that do graphical things like Solace Dreams, or Total Chaos? These always interest me.

Halo, Half Life and Quake have all had attempted recreations in Doom. None of them are actually fun to play. I forget what this wad was called, but it was some crazy unpolished third person action shit, and it had an in-game 2D-animated intro, which I thought was pretty neat.

Black Warrior.

ty mate

About how long is that? I'm thinking about setting up doom again specifically to play it.

That's what makes them a good enemy. Everything else can be circlestrafed ad infinitum.

It's not released yet, but I assume it's going to be the original six levels when it finally gets released.

It's not the first archvile fuckery one must endure to progress in the wad but certainly the first to stand out. It gets old fast.

Hdoom is shit.

>Hdoom is the shit.

Fixed it for 'ya.

So how far has modding for Descent come? Are models strictly limited to ships?

The Descent modding scene was quite active back in the day, but now you'll only see one or two new level packs per year or so. Though I don't have much experience with the custom mission packs.

eat shit nigger, marc pullen's qdoom is more fun than the actual quake game

Who is the most fuckble demon?>>13524239

I was referring to Hunter's Moon, this barely playable horseshit. qdoom could be cool

Dude imps.

Is hdoom dead?

Threadly reminder that Graf Zahl is a dumb nigger.

"just upgrade your graphic card goy" is his way of saying he doesn't give a shit that his renderer is utter garbage and broken.
Seriously.

Hopefully a more competent programmer works on a fork of ZDoom whose hardware renderer runs optimally on all forms of OpenGL and successfully runs all of the features of GZDoom and then some just to take the piss on Graf. But that's just wishful thinking as we are stuck with the Doom community's equivalent of EvaXephon.

Yeah that would be great instead of this damn OpenGL 3.0/Vulkan meme. I would rather see GZDoom have no maintainers at all then being stuck with a Sesame Street (((developer))), who apparently has no time for useful features but has time giving out useful protips what graphic cards are worth these days.

And lets assume GZDoom has Vulkan now instead of OpenGL because lol its not worth it anymore, then what? Players would be forced to ditch this program or basically be forced to fork over money for no net gain, but hey Graf then can brag about how he is the first guy who added Vulkan rendering for his Sourceport, and to make this matter worse some shitty android port has even reflective water out of the box.

Well it's not like we don't keep the 5 most recent GZDooms on hand just in case of stuff like this, right?

I play mostly on Zandronum only since it has at least a multiplayer function and a almost up to-date codebase to ZDoom, I don't bother looking up much on GZDoom since feature-wise it doesn't really offer anything new other than having obviously the most callpointers features. Though I am a bit worried if Zandro devs are going to use newer yet useless GZDoom OpenGL related code or not. At least those Zandro goys ditched carnevil since he is pretty much responsible for withholding the source code and causing codebase rot so to say.

That's what makes me most mad. Not that we have an idiot developing GZDoom, but that no one else with the skills has taken up making a sane fork or independent equivalent. Things like this makes me wish I could switch timelines.

What would Doom look like in the best timeline?

To those that still care, the Moon Man Doom mod finally has its own repository on gitgud. We're still looking for spriters and maybe even mappers. gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom

I have some mapping skills with Slade but I am not very good of thinking up a good map layout.

A campaign based off the Ethnic Cleansing games would be very fitting for MoonDoom.

hmm so mostly city maps with things like car parks, basketball area and what else is needed for a multicultural shithole free of hate?

Chinatown.

A level that starts out as a seemingly inconspicuous pizzeria that soon devolves into an underground dungeon for a human/child trafficking ring.

From what I could see from a few videos it looks like it has just 1 map, set in a city where the player spawns in a apartment, has to go out in the city killing a few nogs and then going inside a underground train station to find a hidden boss jew room and well thats it. White Law and ZOG nightmare has a few more maps.

A level completely dedicated to pizzagate? mhmm I can imagine it as part of a level, with hidden tunnels and shieet because well its not out in the open.

man I wish I would be much more motivated, but I am already struggling to make the base layout for my second map from my other mod project

AD shill here with your threadly reminder to play Arcane Dimensions: simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm

After wasting my time for more than a year tinkering with this "Aliens The Ultimate Doom" mod so that it was more to my tastes I came to the conclusion that it is probably unsalvageable.
The random spawn system is badly thought out, makes 100% of maps unplayable and doesn't belong on Doom. Reducing the chance of monster spawning and then of items only makes it obvious how shit it is. I thought it would make the game more tense and it certainly does, but it doesn't change the fact when the closets do spawn, they're still unavoidably lethal anyway and only make everything boring/a chore. Reducing ammo/weapon spawn to scale with the monster spawn makes me have to give the player a decent ammount of supplies at the beginning so that RNG doesn't fuck him 9 out of 10 times, which not only makes death stop being an actual problem, it actually makes it a viable strategy.
A predator type enemy doesn't work without some serious zscript MacGyvering to make its behavior actually threatening and unpredictable. Also I can't seem to find a pulse rifle/smartgun firing sound that I really like.

We'd have at least one well-maintained, open-source sourceport that has every feature you want, from the ability to recreate an authentic OG Doom experience to all the fancy graphics and scripting you could want. It would also run on just about anything. The multiplayer community would be large and play a multitude of game types, from vanilla DM to crazy co-op. Mappers would be pumping out amazing shit that doesn't just devolve into slaughterwads, while game modders would put out a variety of mods that would put the entire FPS genre of this timeline to shame.

Project Brutality is a meme mod for faggots who can't admit they're playing Brutal Doom because it's too mainstream.

Daily reminder that Sargeant Mark IV was banned from the doomworld forums because he told a faggot to kill himself. That place is infested with socjus.

Hm, do be able to do all that within a single source port would be nice, despite me not really caring for multiplayer.

Oh, and there's a loader/client that automatically organizes all your wads/mods, while also scraping various data like authors and which iwad they're for from the internet, allowing you to keep a clean, organized library of maps and mods while having all the information you could want about them right at your fingertips. And nuDoom never happened. And 3 was an intense horror shooter that managed to keep the pace and action of Doom while being terrifying.

Whoa now hold on, I like my folders the way they are, although it is getting a little unwieldy. A metadata sort of system would be fantastic though, maybe an image preview system too for cases when I see a mod like "CK Blastmaster" and have no idea what it is or where it came from.

:^)

(checked)
Something like this would be awesome, I have like 1k wads in my unsorted folder and I have no idea what the fuck they all are. It doesn't help it that some of those wads even require other wads which is not obvious at all from their name alone.

daily reminder sgt_mark_iv is a thief kike. redundant i know

Daily reminder that everyone is sick and tired of stale Brutal Doom drama. We moved on, so should you.

Well that's a shame.

Are there any good WADS that are, for a lack of a better term, "weird"? I'm looking for something like the Nightmare level for Duke3D and Beyond Reality. There was one that someone made a webm out of that looked like a typical doom level but invisible doors would open up to a hell-scape with demons in them. Or if there's a better "mind-fuck" wad out there.

The Sky May Be is the go to for weird. Maybe we should make some as a means to hide beginner's level design.

Unhinged is pretty damn weird.
dropbox.com/s/irv758idxnltdio/UNHINGv2.wad?dl=1

Dead Air. The ending is bullshit though
The Void.
Bloody Steel.
A.L.T.
Impossible: A New Reality.

I still don't know the origins of whatever this pic is or where it's from. Reverse image search leads to nowhere.

It's from a strange Stalker-esque mod where you could play as different anime girls in a post apocalypse.
Never made it paste a one-map tech demo. The files have seemingly vanished off the internet. It's a strange mystery, all that we really have for proof that it exists are images of different anime girls looking at themselves in a mirror.

I wish people would stop making 3D maps and calling it DOOM because you're basically just playing quake at that point. If I can't load your wad in software mode in zdoom or chocolate doom then what's the point?

I want this in a non shit engine

As far as I know 3D floors do work in ZDoom's software mode, but even then I call foul on GZDoom requiring current top pc specs just to manage slightly more features than Quake at a stable framerate.

How intense are the mods needed to even produce slowdown on modern computers?

I don't know how intensive, but I do know that GZDoom hates rendering multiple decals on the same screen. Going up to a wall splattered with blood decals would cause noticeable framedrops to occur.

gay modern shooter effects

I gotta try that in Brutal Doom/Project Brutality.

It's almost like it doesn't play anything like quake at all you homonigger

Don't know if nu/v/ considers swat 4 a "classic", but what the fuck is up with the retarded rules of engagement in this game? What is even the point of lethal weapons when you're heavily penalized for shooting someone running at you with a gun until you let them instantly snap into the shooting animation where they'll proceed to one-shot you in under a second? Why ever use anything other than the beanbag shotgun/paintball gun?

What a shit game, that's not at all how LEOs handle armed suspects who are failing to comply. This shit plays like a downgraded Rainbow Six 3.

fucking stupid

how fitting.

A vacation home in Hell?

Well I find it funny that I play as Waffen SS class and there is this Hitler picture hanging, you know what I think I am going to do the same for the Moonman map pack.

Moonman seems like the type to hang his own portrait.

Even better would be if going into the portrait leads to a secret level

What a shame m8.

hmmm in Doom 2 it was the Wolfenstein map, maybe the ID Software/Bethesda company office as a secret map? :^)

A fitting idea.

Yeah and add Graf Zahl to the mix and his attack is bad OpenGL code. It would be also funny to hear that Todd Howard is saying "WHY DINT YOU PRE-ORDERED FALLOUT 4?" "DID YOU PRE ORDER MY GAME YET"

How likely is it the nintenjew will shut this down before it even releases because the retard is promoting it to ecelebs?

0, because it belongs to Konami. Granted, I wouldn't put it past them either, but still.

Fuck, what was I thinking? Of course, yeah still though.

I better stop importing Earthbound stuff as textures. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks. It starts out ok, then its a roller-coaster into shit. Everything is red. Everything explodes in a shitty burst of MSPaint red. The best enemy is the Doom Guy Spiders since everything else after that is just the mapmakers face. Its also like playing a bad map while using a Virtual Boy as your monitor. Unless you have a fetish for very very poor "gore" effects, and farts. Yes there is any enemy that has a fart as its attack.

That reminds me, has someone ever done a Terry.wad where the subject for ridicule is Graf Zahl, kind of like what many Terry.wads do for Skulltag's Carnevil?

Nope I haven't seen such wad at all. Its a good enough reason to change it soon.

There was a guy who offered to fix many of the issues, but Graf bitched and moaned about it, and the developer left. This was many years ago, but I believe his name was VortexCortex, and he was so competent that Graf deleted GZDoom over him. In short, if someone more competent than Graf should ever start making changes, Graf will have a huge temper tantrum and go "You know what? Fuck you guys, GZDoom's dead! *suicides*".

We sort of had that since ZDoom for the longest time was the only serious port. Now we have Latest Hardware only autism, Eternity autism, Chocolate autism, and 3DGY 5ME tranny autism.

The developer of the new EDGE port is a faggot and not a womyn?

Yes, he was named Corbin before, but became a tranny at some point. He writes about in a blog post I can't find.

rip there goes another source port.

That's actually a weakness of Doom's design. It's a holdover from its engine limitations and how it was born from top down games where you only had to pay attention to a single axis and where you primarily just circle strafed. Like in games like SmashTV. The gameplay of Doom is essentially just a top down game you play in first person.

It's one thing Quake did far better, enemies act differently based on what range the player is at and a lot have strategies that discourage circle strafing. Especially in tight corners.

I'll stick to gzdoom 1.9pre-628 like I have for the last 3 years I guess.

So disable it?

Is the VortexCortex guy still active? Someone should invite him over and collaborate to make a far better GZDoom alternative like what those TF2V threads do for TF2/TF2C.

Not a clue. This happened in back in 2010. Here's a capture of the thread where Vortex hands Graf his ass on plate with all the trimmings: archive.fo/sAUJJ

Doom threads are the last good ones on this shitheap of a board. Any good level packs like Speed of Doom I should play? Extra bonus points for new music.
Slightly off topic: If you're really into Doom and want a poster you can get pic related printed in China for 5€ on Aliexpress with 24x36 inch dimensions, ordered mine a day ago.

You got fucked by Graf Zahl's constant mod-breaking updates, my friend.

The people behind EDuke32 should mantain GZDoom instead of this fucker, since they actually try making a more modern renderer with new features while properly mantaining the classic renderer at the same time.

That's why the better Doom levels aren't wide open arenas which allow you to circlestrafe everything to death, and why hitscan enemies do fit in Doom.

I have checked out the newest GZDoom version and it looks like they added some sort of a shadow map. And guess what? Lightning clipping sucks and has the same bleeding issue for ages, the only thing that seems to be improved is that lightning on models work a bit better now. What a surprise but hey it uses OpenGL 3.0 therefore his engine is modern now! Shadow of Chernobyl and I think FEAR 1 has better lightning system and are much older, SHoC is from 2007. Don't get me started on diffuse only textures

Also look here for proofs, he nuked his repository:
doomworld.com/forum/topic/50624-fastest-opengl-source-port-engine-for-wads/?page=2
archive.is/fToCU
Oh Graf, if only you kept your words on that one.

Castlevania mod got a new trailer, release date too.

What weapon mod are you playing with?

There are newer version of DXRebirth.

Its the git/development version of moonman. It still has a few bugs here and there that will be fixed soon.
8agdg.wikidot.com/moonman-doom
mega.nz/#F!AFUBAYqS!vbipx7ds6IY_CHdQn4eOPQ

I'm talking about the engine, it's basically the quake engine, not doom. Doom is not 3D. It's a first person top down shooter; it doesn't calculate z axis.

Super fug

I was seriously hoping antifa/commies would be added.

I tried ripping those sprites via some sprite sheet decomposer program but either I am too stupid too use those or its actually some sort of a Wine bug. But yeah some sort of antifa/commie enemy's added to the random spawner would be great.

I have however a few chink/allied soldiers sprites from Duke 3D 'Nam mod, so I can add those later if I get off my ass.

t. loonix pro

Also, the MG42 needs to feel like it came straight out of Jin Roh; feel free to rip sprites from wolf3d mods like Castle Totenkopf.
Do put in those duke 3d 'nam enemies in, though.

Wolf3D sprites resolution are even lower so it wouldn't fit with the other weapon sprites.
So even more powerful "feeling" to it? Also here is how the current MG-42 looks like, I have a muzzle flash sheet but my ripping attempt didn't end so well since it doesn't look as detailed as it looked there due to black background so I had to edit it. For the firing sound I took it from gross deutschland mod. Sadly I cannot record audio with OBS since it doesn't accept ALSA for some reason

Yes, give it a more "powerful" feeling to it, and drop those silly tracers. They look too large and puffy and the gun shoots too slow. Try experimenting with the Heavy Carbine for example. the riot nerve gas launcher oughta be a welcome addition into the mod.

realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/doom-style-mainmenu-158-94349/1858-riot-nerve-gas-launcher
realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/doom-style-mainmenu-158-94349/1827-heavy-carbine

Well, maybe not just solely 'powerful' so much as "bullet hose", "D-Day" feel with the MG42.

Well I was trying to balance this weapon a bit more since Hitler can get MG-42 from the Super Shotgun item. Also it shoots faster on alt firing which is a burst firing mode of up to 4 rounds instead of exactly 4 rounds and nothing less.
I'll look into it then.

Hitler has already a Gas Grenade Launcher or has this one a different effect? When monsters are killed from Gas weapons they are coughing instead of playing regular death sound.

Well I threw in the official F-Zero soundtracks into Jimmy's Jukebox. I need to slim down the file size and normalize the volume on a few of the soundtracks though, but they work kinda well with Doom.

mega.nz/#!ncxnnYRJ!T32yZXaSSTNdeDYIpptMvrUrkM3l5bGMjgH4zAXUApQ

Ah yeah, hadn't considered just running it in an older source port. I love keeping 10 of these things.

It does for objects according to the code
github.com/id-Software/DOOM/blob/77735c3ff0772609e9c8d29e3ce2ab42ff54d20b/linuxdoom-1.10/p_mobj.c
Search for z and you will z.

Dude, how fucking boss would it be to have Kerberos soldiers as enemies in Doom?

Well, maybe resprite Hitler's gas grenade launcher to look different from moonman and Benny G's?

Also, the gun's fire rate doesn't quite match up with the sound's fire rate.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the GZDoom is dead drama.

And it is Graf's fault. If he spent a shred of time updating the wiki he could come back and say "I wrote this in the Wiki, so really, you gotta fix your mod". Instead, when this problem occurred, it was because programmers unfamiliar with how everything worked in ZDoom would document it on the Wiki for them.

Randy, when a bug was found that broke shit would go "Shit, looks that did break it. That's okay, I'll add you to compat.txt!" because he understood that was the risk of letting people document features for him.

EDuke32 is great! It runs much faster than GZDoom because the developers know what they're doing.

I've always wanted to know though, is there a reason why it chews 100% of the CPU time? If I turn on Power Saver mode, I still get 100+ FPS, but it keeps my machine cooler. I have no other game that uses more than it needs to, just wondering if there is a reason why EDuke32 does this.

The Grenade Launchers already have 3 different colors depending on the class/type. Yellow = Explosive, Green = Gas, Orange-Redish = Incendiary

On what moon man version? Since I changed the gun fire sound of it.

the SJW's is essentially antifa tbh

Hell fucking YES. So many hours spent fragging my friends in this game on the N64. Truly a wonderful gem of a shooter.

Been loving some GZDoom + Project Brutality as it's been like a decade since I played Doom. But I find that it heats my reliable old toaster up to almost 50 degrees, is there anything I can do about this? Aside from turning the graphic settings all the way down, which I already did.

Try running it on the earliest possible supporting version of GZDoom.

Jesus Christ.

moontest.

Their uniform is too SS-waffen like, needs to be more communistic.

here's what I tried to fix on the MG42;
filedropper.com/moontest

Here's a little tip on easy headshot hitboxes too, do try these:
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=48967

ACTOR TestZombie : ZombieMan replaces ZombieMan{ States { Spawn: TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx("HeadshotHitbox", 0,0,0, 0,0,0, 0, SXF_SETMASTER) Goto Super::Spawn Death.HeadShot: POSS HHHHH 0 A_SpawnItemEx("Blood",0,0,45,frandom(-2.0,2.0),frandom(-2.0,2.0),frandom(1.5,5.0)) POSS H 2 POSS I 2 A_Scream POSS J 2 POSS K 2 POSS L -1 A_NoBlocking Stop }}

actor HeadshotZombie : Zombieman replaces Zombieman { states { Spawn: TNT1 A 0 NoDelay A_SpawnItemEx ("HeadshotHitbox", 0, 0, 45, 0, 0, 0, 0, SXF_SetMaster) goto Super::Spawn Death.Headshot: POSS HHHHH 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("Blood", 0, 0, 45, frandom (-2.0, 2.0), frandom (-2.0, 2.0), frandom (1.5, 5.0)) POSS H 2 POSS I 2 A_Scream POSS J 2 POSS K 2 POSS L -1 A_NoBlocking stop }}

actor HeadshotHitbox { radius 21 health 0x7FFFFFFF height 8 mass 0x7FFFFFFF renderStyle Add //alpha 0.0 damageFactor Explode, 0.0 damageFactor Drowning, 0.0 damageFactor BFGSplash, 0.0 damageFactor Telefrag, 0.0 damageFactor Massacre, 0.0 damageFactor InstantDeath, 0.0 +shootable +noGravity +noDamageThrust var int user_oldHealth; states { Spawn: TNT1 A 0 Idle: BAL2 A 0 A_SetUserVar ("user_oldHealth", health) BAL2 A 1 A_Warp (AAPTR_Master, 0, 0, 45, 0, WARPF_Interpolate | WARPF_NoCheckPosition) BAL2 A 0 A_JumpIf ((user_oldHealth - health) < 1, "CheckMaster") BAL2 A 0 A_DamageMaster ((user_oldHealth - health) * 4, "Headshot") CheckMaster: BAL2 A 0 A_SetHealth (0x7FFFFFFF) BAL2 A 0 A_CheckFlag ("solid", "Spawn", AAPTR_Master) RemoveActor: BAL2 A 0 A_Remove (AAPTR_Default) stop }}

Zandronum 3.x compatible version:
ACTOR HeadshotHitbox{ Radius 21 Health 1 Height 8 Mass 0x7FFFFFFF +SHOOTABLE +NOGRAVITY +NODAMAGETHRUST States { Spawn: TNT1 A 1 A_Warp(AAPTR_MASTER, 0,0,45, 0, WARPF_INTERPOLATE|WARPF_NOCHECKPOSITION) TNT1 A 0 A_CheckFlag("SOLID", "Spawn", AAPTR_MASTER) RemoveActor: TNT1 A 0 A_Remove(AAPTR_DEFAULT) Stop Death: TNT1 A 0 A_KillMaster("HeadShot") Stop }}

actor HeadshotZombie : Zombieman replaces Zombieman { states { Spawn: TNT1 A 0 NoDelay A_SpawnItemEx ("HeadshotHitbox", 0, 0, 45, 0, 0, 0, 0, SXF_SetMaster) goto Super::Spawn Death.Headshot: POSS HHHHH 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("Blood", 0, 0, 45, frandom (-2.0, 2.0), frandom (-2.0, 2.0), frandom (1.5, 5.0)) POSS H 2 POSS I 2 A_Scream POSS J 2 POSS K 2 POSS L -1 A_NoBlocking stop }}

actor HeadshotHitbox { radius 21 health 0x7FFFFFFF height 8 mass 0x7FFFFFFF renderStyle Add //alpha 0.0 damageFactor Explode, 0.0 damageFactor Drowning, 0.0 damageFactor BFGSplash, 0.0 damageFactor Telefrag, 0.0 damageFactor Massacre, 0.0 damageFactor InstantDeath, 0.0 +shootable +noGravity +noDamageThrust +isMonster var int user_oldHealth; states { Spawn: BAL2 AA 0 A_ChangeFlag ("isMonster", 0) Idle: BAL2 A 0 BAL2 A 0 A_SetUserVar ("user_oldHealth", health) BAL2 A 1 A_Warp (AAPTR_Master, 0, 0, 45, 0, WARPF_Interpolate | WARPF_NoCheckPosition) BAL2 A 0 A_JumpIf ((user_oldHealth - health) < 1, "CheckMaster") BAL2 A 0 A_DamageMaster ((user_oldHealth - health) * 4, "Headshot") CheckMaster: BAL2 A 0 A_CheckFlag ("solid", "Idle", AAPTR_Master) RemoveActor: BAL2 A 0 stop }}

For what purpose? Enemy's by themselves are hardly a threat, Maybe the Arch-Vile is the biggest threat out of all Doom 2 enemy's. The Skaarj from Unreal 1 for example is far more treating since it actually dodges the projectile weapons all the time.

Then what other balance proposal do you have for this weapon then? I think I am going to remove the tracer projectile and make it as a hitscan instead, admittedly it does look like ass and well inconsistent with other weapons. So far only the large shell ammo gives ammo for the MG-42 (20 rounds), I don't want to use A_SetPitch for recoil since it fucks up where the hitscan lands.

Also the different MG-42 sound isn't as loud as this one, though it does sound a bit better when it is played fast, hmmm.
gitgud.io/moon-men/moonman-doom/blob/c28bda13b74120dd6f5bdb1ed0faebed8530e4ac/PK3/sounds/Weapons/MG42/MG42SHT.wav

Perhaps switch altfire and mainfire. Having burst as your main with full auto on alt might be more ammo conserving.

Meh there is no complex firing mechanism behind the MG-42 so I am keeping the firing mode as it is.

You can download Moonman directly off the servers right now as well, my good latvian goy got his bunker wadhost back on the track.
Really needed that since moonman wads are banned on every other wadhost because muh rayyycissm.

Current MG42 is shit that needs lots of rework, it's true.
I planned on making sprite for power armor pickup based on Revoltech 61 but whenever it will make in depends on how good my sprite turns out.

Those fucking leafs hoster actually didn't gave any reason why moonman mod is banned, and there are different version of it that got banned there with no stated reason why. Fuck them, I used their service before to host moonman mod.

Yeah I have to admit I don't know much else what I can do to make MG-42 feel more powerful without increasing its damage.

Original 1.0/1.1 releases at BestWorst-Ever got blacklisted because of bugged decorate code making the server consume their whole 50mbits uplink with just a few players on the actual server. Everything related to that was completely addressed by 1.3.1 already.

On the other hand, you have TSPG, and faggot mods ban there anything that's offensive to them, including HDoom and Whatdafuck wad
allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/bannedwads.php?filename=whatdafuck&md5=&user=
allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/bannedwads.php?filename=wdf&md5=&user=
The irony of that is there is literally nothing racist in WDF and no one would consider 1993's most goresome game that was dood to be a safe for work, iirc it was first game to get widespread ban across many companies offices doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_in_workplaces

Yeah the "nsfw" and "stupid" as a ban reason is pretty retarded for them, first of all just because a hotpocket doesn't like a mod makes the ban reason "stupid" a valid opinion or what? And why is for example brutal dood a "safe for work" thing despite it has a lot of gory details on it? I also noticed they are shilling for their patreon page for some monthly bucks, is it because of that the rules are more strict and giving out retarded ban reason?

Patreon is starting to ban everything related to porn from its site.
Though that has absolutely nothing to do with the Wad hosting service, as it's entirely detached from the whole server hosting deal. It's not even hosted in the same servers, it just fetches data and md5 checks from the other when needed.
It's quite likely that the admins are either oversensitive pussies or SJW infiltrators that are banking in on Best-Ever's downfall. The latter which was likely also caused by them as well because Jenova, best ever's hostfag, allegedy quit due to dramawhores feasting upon petty shit in the Zandronum forums.

Replace "wehrmacht" and "Waffen SS" with "Kerberos Unit", try that.

Make it a fucking bullet hose like the PPsH in wildweasel's "nazis!" mod, that's literally the entire point of an MG42. That, or make bullets pierce.

probably the loud chimp screeches that hit too close to home i'm guessing
fucking post

Help a dumbfaggot out.

I downloaded zDoom and I can't get any of the megawads to load.

works
doesnt

nvm I figured it out

Say, where's that Dilbert 3 mod?

(checked)
What happened there? Jesus christ even SJW niggers on Zandro, as if it wasn't already bad enough that Graf is still here.

The latest git commit already made the MG-42 firing rate pretty fast.

I don't have such sprites.

I would kill to have an updated version of Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition. PB is bloated enough as it is but if they could somehow absorb BDSE into it, it would be perfect. Everything just feels better in BDSE. Everything from the headshots to the dismemberment. That's not to say that PB doesn't do some things better but using a PB/BDv20 shotgun is a reminder that it's not as good as the BDSE shotgun.

What was it?

I want to make some shit on gzdoom with the UDMF format,what are some good tutorials that i can look up to know how to make good wads and stuff? im a beguinner

Hey mates, just finished making my first map: moddb.com/mods/thellas-first-map/stats

Give it a try or something.

Doesn't seem to be available to download.

Save up your cells, then when an archvile spawns get up in it's shit with the BFG to kill it instantly.

What.

You're probably playing it with a later version of GZdoom. Outdated/unsupported mods need to be played with the closest matching version of GZdoom when it was made. BDSE was last updated at the end of 2013 so the version you're looking for in order to make it play well is GZdoom 1-8-04.

All of the "stable" versions of GZdoom ever made are dumped on this page:
zdoom.org/files/gzdoom/bin/

We seriously need some sorta metadata system for wads that tell you shit like this. A fistful of shortcuts and ZDL files isn't going to cut it.

Try now, i guess i just created the article and didnt upload the file before.

The map design is OK at best, the amount and difficulty of your monster placement is fucked though and feels entirely unfair.