Emulation thread

Starfucks edition
Reminder that the SNES Mini runs Starfox even slower than the real console

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded
lmgtfy.com/?q=emulation wiki
rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/03/progress-report-september-2017/
dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/here-are-demons-souls-red-dead-redemption-persona-5-dantes-inferno-and-more-being-rendered-in-higher-resolutions/
github.com/m64p
github.com/m64p/mupen64plus-gui/issues/26
romhacking.net/hacks/661/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
melonds.kuribo64.net/comments.php?id=33
mgba.io/2017/10/01/mgba-0.6.1/
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/10/02/dolphin-progress-report-september-2017/
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/XEBRA
forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=25989#p25989
web.archive.org/web/20171004225112/https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/
reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/75kqcp/the_next_cemu_release_will_support_native_online/
mednafen.github.io/documentation/psx.html
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a shame the PS3 and Wii-U emulators haven't gotten the sound down yet. That audio is unplayable for me.

The current patreon build supposedly fixes sound in a lot of games so wait a week I guess

This game is fucking fun and it easily ranks among the best NES/FC titles in my opinion. This is a picture, not a screenshot.

anyone know where i can find nintendo roms i just want to play bowser inside story

google them

Doperoms is my go to site after Emuparadise got shoahed, also TheISOZone but their downloads are slow as fuck.

Read the wiki.

Real console as in you verified it with a physical SNES Starfox 2 cartridge, or slower as in you died 15 times in sector z because you think zsnes is an accurate emulator?

game?

don't tell them about it. every single thread so far has (1) and done posters asking where to get nintendo games.

embed related. taken from the previous thread.

Wait what? It's still up for me. Is it an FBI honeypot now?

Joy Mech Fight by Nintendo.

No, all the Nintendo games got removed, almost all of them since some obscure japanese stuff is still up.

I recall it takes a lot of computing power to really get that Super FX Chip emulation accurately for some reason. IIRC Nintendo is still using that abysnal Allwinner board for their shit. Not even mentioning how God-fucking awful Malis drivers are on Linux, the kernel running on that shit. Ever tried getting proper Mali GPU support on those Sunxi-Linux kernels? I have, it's impossible, don't bother. I feel for those Nintendo Engineers who had to deal with this shit because the higher-ups wanted to save a couple dollars on cheap Chinese commodity ARM SBCs.

Best emulator options:

Mupen64Plus is inferior compared to Mupen64++. Also Drastic is better than Desmume. Also the fuck is Mesen?

I think you should stop talking.

Mupen64++ is a fork of m64p with more functionalities and not abandoned. As for Mesen, well instead of acting like an asshat you could tell us what makes it so great.

You clearly don't know what m64p actually is. Seriously, just stop talking.
Read the fucking wiki.

Which fucking wiki? This is a discussion board, you are supposed to explain yourself instead of linking people to other places. Dude you are an absolute unhelpful asshole, neck yourself.

Stop treating this board like your personal fucking google. This is day 1 shit you subhuman.

You could have just replied the question of what made Mesen better instead of sperging out, captain autismo.

You could have googled it 30 minutes ago and had your answer, tyrone.

See

See

wew

Asking questions that you could have spent seconds googling, and then publicly shitting your pants when you're told to google them instead of being spoonfed is not "discussion". If you could not answer your question with a simple google search, then ask here.

Discussion:
Begging to be spoon fed:

Again, this is day 1 shit and you should kill yourself.

It It doesn't seem to be that much slower, outside of the cutscene when they leave the base.

Imagine if I made a thread claiming that X game or controller is the best without telling anyone why, when others start asking me why I think that X is so great I just tell them to "look in the fucking wiki, nigger" "use google, stop posting". Do you think that's okay?

That would be an opinion, not a technical question like "What is X emulator?" which is solved by the first google result.

Your first post was an opinion too.

No, you clearly confused m64p with Mupen64Plus, and then recommended ++ which is an extremely outdated and dead fork. ++ being outdated, dead, and inferior to m64p is not an opinion. You then asked about Mesen, and everything you'd want to know (and why from a technical standpoint it's the "best" nes emulator) is again, solved by google.

You clearly hate discussing stuff on a board made for discussion.

Have you considered that people don't like talking about stupid shit?

How long until someone competent takes over Citra or makes a decent fork at least?

However long it takes for someone to be passionate enough to do it.

Then why bring stuff up at all if you are gonna act like a bitch when people reply to you?

Whatever, enjoy your bitter existence.

All you gotta do is stop bringing up stupid shit, it's not hard. Or you could bring up stupid shit just to trash on it, people love doing that.

Yeah you seem pretty butthurt about that.

Best emulators
zsnes
Picodrive
Nestopia
shitty console with no games compared to the PSX/Saturn unless you like platformers, who cares lol.
EPSXE
Any of them

How is Xbox emulation doing so far? I wanna play some JSRF.

Hahahahaha

There might of been a breakthrough if reddit didn't fuck things up like they always do.

See for yourself
Dead, maybe something can be done about the official XB emulator for 360 since Xenia is making some progress

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded

Does this look good to you?

Doesn't matter if it looks "good", now you're shifting the goalposts. You made the bold proclamation that xbox emulation was dead, and that's provably false, since CXBX is making great progress. You can join 094666 in not running your mouth about things you don't understand.

Stop posting

:((

On whatever dude

Retard. I made pic related in less than 2 minutes from the original.

except it is?
What is up with all these tech illiterate retards ITT

This comparison starts the SNES mini after the others are already running.

its not accurate.

You need to start them at the same point to do an actual comparison.

I've played about 10 hours so far of the Star Fox 2 ROM and I haven't had any of the frame rate problems that I see people having that are doing the reviews from their Classic

What should i spend the $350 on? I was thinking of getting a PVM and hooking my emulation station up to that.

There's also LoveROMs, a good alternative I found off Google.

Best emulator for SNES online or LAN multiplayer?

Read the wiki nigger

nice link faggot

Stop asking questions that you could be googling nigger, this is day 1 shit.

snes9x through retroarch.
Why would you want to play on LAN though?

i thought school started a couple weeks ago what's with the 100% faggotry in this thread? i'm not bothering to check your IDs but all 8 mentions of the wiki are fucking stale memes kid

my vpn is 8ms

what does that have to do with anything?
You do realize that SNES games had local multiplayer so you won't need another computer at all if you're in the same room right?

Stop treating this board like your Google shitskin.

pic and filename related for (You) and your stale fake memes

How the fuck are you going to set up LAN across the country?
user do you what LAN is?

You should stop talking

I do, and you just made it obvious you don't know what VPNs are capable of doing. That's ok, though thanks for the retroarch suggestion.

Isn't that the name of that shitty anime produced early in the 2000's about some girl who's the God of the internet? :^)

fix your shit codemonkey I was reporting those other two posts not replying

lmgtfy.com/?q=emulation wiki

Im on a laptop with an i7-7500u, thats 2.7 GHz and I think it could be overclocked to 3, I have 8gigs of ram and a low end geforce GPU (940mx)

Im hitting the road in a couple of days, I was wondering if I could emulate PS3 with this thing, it can emulate saturn on mednafen without any issues, wich supposedly was really CPU intensive, so thats already a plus for when I settle somewhere where I can plug it, but I dont want to OC it and fry my CPU just to play Persona 5 or Demons souls. have any of you tried the PS3 emulator with similar hardware?

Why don't you just try it?

You're not gonna get playable framerates in Demons Souls or Persona 5 on that CPU

playing Sm4sh on cemu, first time the sound issues are fixed thank god, however it crashed after the first new challenger battle (falco) any fixes?

nvm I only had to do it again and it worked. Hope those crashes are just random

so this……is the power of emulation

well, I did try Dragons Crown, it seems to funtion pretty fine with ocassional audio stutter

then I tried Odin sphere and the game gets stuck loading the thropy configuration or something like that, I tried making a patch.yml according to one of the posts on the emulator forums and it did nothing

fug

Just buy a PS3 then

I have a huge backlog and a limited budget user, Im not going to shill money for a ps3 and a compatible TV just for the 3 games on its library that Im interested in.

and I just emulated Muramasa full speed with no hiccups, if I burn Odin Sphere for my good old ps2 I can safely play all vanilaware all day every day, but it kinda sucks to miss the additions of the PS3 port Ill have to admit

what the fuck

Why do people keep saying SSB4 is running perfectly and act as though the constant post-match freezing isn't an issue?

because Cemu has a patreon and people shilling it around flocks more retards to it

RPCS3 progress report is up

PCSX2 has an abandoned Android port though

Work on your bait.
You're not wrong there.

Everyone likes platformers though.

I hate them

lmao

Absolutely retarded.

Demons Souls and Red Dead running at 1080p and 4K niggers!!!
dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/here-are-demons-souls-red-dead-redemption-persona-5-dantes-inferno-and-more-being-rendered-in-higher-resolutions/

What about the framerate, is RDR even playable?

(checked)
Its getting there tripsman

Forgot embed

Sup lads. Just got a 4670k for cheap, coming from a i3 4130. Will it be sufficient for PCSX2? Looking to play GT4 and the Jak games.

Yeah should be more than enough for that if you have the proper GPU to back it up

Haha, no.

N64 emulation is a mess. Someone just put a bullet in its head.

I have no clue how to make sega saturn emulation work.

Well you have three methods if you're on windows
Two if you're on anything else.
One is SSF, you need a specific image mounting program for it. It has lower system requirements and better compatibility but requires fiddling. Its windows only.
Two you have mednafen. You don't need an image mounting software but you do need a good CPU and proper dumps which aren't off of emuparadise. Retroarch also has a medanfen saturn core with all the benefits of libretro but its a bit outdated compared to standalone
Third is yabause. Its the only Saturn emulator which allows you to increase the internal resolution. Compatibility is worst of the three but its multiplatform just like mednafen.

You are overreacting, it isn't perfect but if you can't play any shit properly then that's on your end.

There's a fork of Yabause for Android called Yaba Sanshiro which is updated almost daily.

Did you listen to those two webms?
PJ64 has been "in development" for over a decade and it has seen almost no improvements. It still uses directx 8 plugins. It isn't even cross platform.

Why don't you record a video of Infernal Machine on your end then?

why does it have to be so hard?
I just want to play Shining the Holy Ark without having to pay 150 to 300 collars

Use Retroarch.

Its not hard at all m8. Go download retroarch and download the mednafen saturn core. Ask here if you have any problems beyond that.

ParaLLEl is stillborn and a fucking joke. It has issues which don't even exist in GlideN64.

Why exactly. If you're not going to use the original hardware then what exactly is the point of getting an upscaler.

My end is an N64 with an ED64 ;^)

mednafen

It would help if you actually read the thread before posting.

It would help if you weren't fucking stupid and didn't talk about things you don't know anything about.

Oh the irony.

good one
Do you know what a functional UI means? It means something that isn't coded in Qt that can't even interface with half the functions the emulator allows.

Why is everyone so angry on this thread

For anyone looking for minimally shit n64 emulation with a nice gui, and even angrylionplus integration, try: github.com/m64p

oy vey

github.com/m64p/mupen64plus-gui/issues/26
Next time don't be fucking retarded and contain your autism in your pants.

l
o
l

There were like six games

The fuck do you think I made from?
Are you just pretending to be retarded? Do you even know what Qt and SDL2 are? Have you even understood a single word I said?

Why are you so angry

Are you the sperg that spent hours shitposting about how RA's UI was "literally unusable" in past emugens?

And three of them didn't come out in america because the saturn died a few months after SEGA released the first installment.

Because the retard I am quoting is spreading disinfo

So you aren't just pretending to be retarded then?
Go map mouse inputs and rumble in the program you posted. I'll wait.

l
o
l

Consider this your last (You). The only thing interacting with you is going to accomplish is bring this thread closer to the bump limit.

But I'm playing right now with perfectly functional rumble on my DS4. Why are you lying on the internet?

Pretty sure the PS3 will connect to anything with Composite video in up to HDMI, and a PS3 will cost you like $50 tops.

Why do people keep saying the PS2 is difficult to emulate? I just want to play crash bandicoot at 2x or 4x resolution.

Post your CPU.

Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz. I ran KH2FM at 3x internal resolution and only ever had the slightest drop during the Axel fights, which I ran at native res.

Which i5 exactly? The problem you're running into is software vs hardware rendering. Software rendering is straight CPU.

Mednafen is accurate ps1 emulation and increases the internal res by software rendering which is cpu intensive. For best results use a desktop intel cpu or newer amd ryzen cpus at a clock speed higher than 2.3 ghz.

If you want faster speed than use the beatle hw core, which is faster, but requires a gfx card that is not intel and can be buggier.

I tried HW version some time ago and it shat the bed immediately so I stuck with software and just haven't been raising resolution since it work. If I toggle some settings would a gtx 950m do?

PS2 is difficult to emulate accurately. PCSX2 not being difficult to run isn't the same thing.

Can any of you guys upload an uncensored rom of Golgo 13 for the NES and a NTSC version of Mr. Gimmick (either the prototype, a fixed version with the patch or the ips patch itself)? I've been looking all over particularly for the Mr. Gimmick one.

Patch it yourself with this: romhacking.net/hacks/661/
Good luck with that one.

I know about the romhack, but for some reason Bitdefender won't let me open that specific link, which is why I wanted a direct link to the ips file or a pre-patched rom.

The Mr. Gimmick prototype dump is hard to find, but the ips patch some guy made to convert the PAL version into an NTSC one is not as hard, but I'm having trouble locating it myself.

Whitelist it, or disable your meme security.

I find it weird that bitdefender would only bitch about that only link in the entirety of romhacks, which is why I'm wary. I've been downloading shit from there the entire day.

goddamn it I'm having a blast playing smash 4 on cemu but it'll freeze after battle occasionally. The performance is already top notch for 1-3 player battles, it's only bad for 4 or more. Also how likely a freeze is going to happen seems to correlate with how performance-intensive the battle was (4 or more players, items etc.). I can't decide whether I should stop myself from playing or continue but limit myself to not doing things in the game that increase the chance of freezing. It's my stupid mistake from trying out cemu too early and getting really into the game before the emulator has proper compatibility/support.
Must be kind of how steam early access games feel - a ruined experience, really

I'll post screencaps later but goddamn this is the worst fucking feeling after I thought I configured everything all nicely and neatly too…
Game is Budokai 1 and emulator is PCX2
rip me

Anyways does anyone know what the best ps1 emulator is for scrubs? I checked out Holla Forums's recommended wiki but just wanted to check here since that place is likely grossly out of date (plus I heard reddit got to it)

Learn to use a computer.

First quit posting like a nigger.
Almost every game will have some glitches in that depending on the game, some major and some unnoticeable. PS2 is a frankenstein of hardware that will take forever to have perfect accuracy. Check the PCSX2 wiki and search for budokai to see what problems there are, usually they're good at identifying game specific problems.
Use default settings before trying any thing. Also it helps to read the instructions that the emu has.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
Pick your poison and test them out.

Let me type up the real link for you on my Holla Forums brand keyboard, after taking a sip of my Holla Forums brand energy beverage and marking my chapter in this book about Holla Forums. Have you played the latest Holla Forums game? You would have if you knew that everything discussed on Holla Forums had a secret Holla Forums version far superior to any normal version, fellow 8channer!

What's hilarious is that Mischief Makers doesn't do that on an older version of PJ64. I played it on my old computer back in ~2009. Whatever version/plugins I was using did not do that.

Thank you user, I'll check out these resources
Sorry about the retardation, its late

Does anyone know what specs you need to run BotW decently? Also, are cutscenes supposed to be slow? I ask because I was just booting to see how it runs and saw I couldn't get past 24 FPS so maybe cutscenes are "cinematic experience".

You need a 7700k overclocked to 5ghz to get constant 30FPS.

Isn't AMD better for that?

You're not pulling my leg, are you, user?

He's pulling your leg

AMD with its octo core CPUs barely reaches the STP of previous intel CPUs.
Cemu doesn't even use more than 3 cores.

When people say that buying a second hand system and pirating games for it is cheaper than emulation, they aren't kidding.

Check the CPU he used to make it.
Notice how he doesn't showcase any intensive areas(which is fair because thats not the point of that video).

It really only is when you're limiting yourself to 2-3 systems, outside of that it's well worth considering getting an extra powerful PC.

An extra powerful PC costs an extra ton of money

You could buy at least 7 different second hand consoles for the price of an 7700k alone.

Retro gaming as whole cost a extra ton of money

Yeah the console, alone, with no games, and no mods, so in short it's fucking useless.

I bought an used PS2 Fat with a hard drive for 45 dollars and it can run pretty much every game I put on it via Freemcboot, A PC that can do the same thing costs around ten times that.

How about you don't move the goalposts and address my actual claims?

You really don't need a particularly good pc in general. A $700 ryzen machine will be good enough for everything so far, and anything extra powerful is a waste. It's cheaper and better to get a console and resolve a backup loading solution in cases of newer consoles, but old ones getting the premium experience is still superior to emulation.

In what way?
Flashcarts have equal or worse compatibility to emulation, emulation has more QoL option that aren't available or hard to implement on real hardware and emulation doesn't preclude you from using an actual CRT TV

Newer N64 flashcarts can even run 64DD games.

Where do you think they got that functionality?

You mean like emulators already can?
Last I checked the ED64 doesn't even run all regular N64 games, at-least not without issues that aren't present on the real cart.

It has something to do with converting the roms to a flashcart compatible format or something.

Which ones? Besides of Retroarch I don't think that a single one can handle them and there are still issues.

Flashcarts for 64DD support after emulators got it. Its not really pioneered anything.

MESS, PJ64 and Mupen64plus all can do it.

So?

That game is so fucking good, it still holds up.

That doesn't sound like a "blast" at all.

Pretty much anything 64DD related comes form LuigiBlood and he primarily works on emulators.

Wew lad, now that's what I call autism

This is gypsiefag/indentfag levels of rage, tbh.

What? You are fucking paranoid.

Where can I get some Wii Isos?
Fucking Nintenjew keeps purging the sites hosting them.

Its kind of amazing how Wario Land 4, one of the best looking GBA games, was released so early in its life cycle.
What are some other great looking GBA games?

top heh

Emuparadise's community uploads.

Nice, thanks

Fug

bugmenot

zsnes

NEW EMULATION INFO

melonds.kuribo64.net/comments.php?id=33
mgba.io/2017/10/01/mgba-0.6.1/
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/10/02/dolphin-progress-report-september-2017/

Where does m64p save my game save files? Is it possible to move my saves from another N64 emulator?

Hi.

I need some help, please.

I recently downloaded the XEBRA emulator (a playstation 1 emulator)

and please I need your help.

I want to set up the XEBRA so that it can run fine on my laptop, which is low end.

the specifications of my laptop are the following.

windows 10 home single language

Processor: AMD-E1-2100 APU With Radeon (TM) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz

installed memory: 2.00 GB (1.47 GB available)

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

on windows (C:) I have 400 GB available from 440

and in RECOVERY (D:) I have 2.69 GB available 24.0 GB

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/XEBRA

The only problem (other than Windows 10) is that XEBRA is the hardest PS1 emulator to use. It's got great accuracy for relatively low requirements, though.

If you get bad performance on your system, try an earlier build; accuracy focused emulators tend to jack up requirements with every update.

Appdata/roaming/mupen64plus

you'll need to rename th .eep files.

XEBRA won't run on your processor at playable speeds. Use Epsxe.

webm related is another neat looking GBA game. Its a punch out clone but with grinding for special moves. Its also one of those games which look great with a bilinear filter when upscaling.

Is there any program to help me manage my MAME collection? By manage I mean make a list using game names instead of game filenames, and attach a scrapped screenshot of the game in it.

I wanna thin oiut my collection and keep only the apparently worthwhile games in it, but booting up one by one is not going to be very productive.

This is for a retropie build I'm making which I may share with you guys if you want once its done. The focus is on fan translated games, but it will have pretty much all the Holla Forums wiki games as well as others alongside it. It's a Pi Zero image, so only low powered systems will be there.

Once this is ready, I will start working on a pi3 image using the same games but adding isos for at least psx, sega cd, some PSP games and maybe some N64 games as well.

Higan, Bizhawk or SNES9x for SNES emulation? Bizhawk seems to work well for me, as it is based on Higan but without all the autistic shit from the newer versions.

Use whatever you find convenient. Almost every thing that has been updated in the last year works for every game apart from certain edge cases.

Why shouldn't I use zsnes? It has the comfiest interface ever.

It's outdated, has security problems with roms similiar to vba and uses retarded backdoors in emulation.

Please, respond.

ffffuugggg
Also
Who the fuck would ever save shit there? That shits the first to go if you get computer issues.

Bump faggots.

Nah.

It's basic shit for fuck sake.

By your standards maybe. Also most of the files need to be completely renamed. Not just the extensions.

The dev kit would have added nothing, dumbass.

That's another problem entirely though.

Again if you're familiar with shit like this then yea. If you want to keep acting elitist about it that's fine I guess.

Well I never alluded to anything else.

Looks like a shitty flash game.

Any suggestions for a good handheld emulator?
I'm looking for something that can emulate NES/SNES/GB(C)/GBA/PSX at least. N64 would be nice too but that's not a big deal. I've looked into maybe a modded PSP but I've heard it doesn't do too hot with some SNES/GBA stuff.

I was looking at a pocketCHIP for a second, but the keyboard looks awful as shit for any sort of gaming.

It does GBA perfectly, SNES however is a bit iffy. The SNES9x port for the PSP was pretty mediocre for a long time but a few months ago the spics over at Scenebeta released an unofficial update to it with lots of tweaking and speedhacks for several games. And since the PSP is based on similar architecture to the PSX, the emulation for that platform is almost flawless (with the exceptions being certain titles like MML) and the games that don't work all that well with a custom eBoot have an official one from the PSN that fixes everything (you can get those from Nicoblog for free) wrong. All and all it's a great handheld and they are dirt cheap nowadays.

oh great. So it's not as bad as I'd been told then.
I suppose I'll just do that then. Thanks user!

PSP CFW is pretty easy too nowadays, isn't it?
gotta be easy than possibly fucking with an SBC at any rate. Though I may still get some sort of SBC later on just to fuck with

There's plenty of more tech illiterate friendly searches that would have gotten you the same solution.

Was my fault for assuming the N64 scene would do something as sensible as having a shared naming convention for saves when they fucking managed to have a shared save format convention (well except libretro mupen/Parallel but whatever)

A PSVITA with Henkaku or an Android device from the last two years,

PSP can work but you'll be sacrifing some SNES and GBA
A N3DS might work but then you're sacrificng both SNES and PSX

N64 is gonna be shit regardless unless somehow you get an x86 tablet that can run m64p well and even then it's still not great in any way.

Not really. The guy is just sugercoating it heavily.
You'll need to use frameskip for a good amount of GBA and SNES games.
PS1 games are a headache of their own. Just look through a compatibility list to see if any of the games you want to play require any workarounds before you start a game.
The PSP is outclassed by most Android smartphones nowadays so if you don't mind spending the money you could get one with an attachable controller.

still waiting for when it busts wide open like PSP
somehow i don't think it will, sadly.
had a feeling

o-oh…
hmmm so getting some sort of android tablet or phone would be the way to go realistically speaking? Any particular android device suggestions? I don't really mind shelling out $75~$125 for whatever it is i'd need to emulate all that stuff I want to emulate on the go.

Which GBA emulator are you using? Because TempGBA mod is slick as fuck when running at 333mhz, no need for frameskip on almost anything. Android attachable controllers are pretty uncomfortable to carry around though.

lel they don't even have a shared plugin specification. The N64 emulation scene is a shitshow.

PSP is still the cheapest though.
If you want a good Android device then you could buy one of those chink devices like One Plus. Any device which advertises performance over bells and whistles should work fine. Stronger smartphones can also emulate some light Gamecube games though temperatures are a bitch.

right, so I guess this just boils down to "you get what you pay for" and just how important emulating on the go is to me.

Thanks user. I'm gonna do some looking around.

This game aged like milk, the direct sequel is much better.

It begins

It would be terrible if this project were to get a Cease and Desist.

Why would it get one?

Reminder that demon souls owned by atlus. Just like persona 5.

They can't do shit about it.

SL1 run all bosses on emulator

Sony can't do shit, Atlus can't do shit
Its all legal

Actually no. I googled where the save files for M64P would be and got nothing.

Atlus USA does not own Demons Souls, I hope you know that.

Cuckchan has flooded the board so bad I don't think we can go back to the comfy of past with people who actual knew what the fuck they were talking about.

Oh, so you can tell how retarded he is, nice.

The sequel is a better game but this one has a lot of charm. There is also that aspect of this game being pretty much unplayable on any emulator half a decade ago which is driving me to finish this.

Let me guess, you are still using uTorrent and Opera (or a fucking IE 6, I wouldn't put it past you).

No, I use Firefox and qbittorrent, the thing is that I really dig the zsnes UI.

lol

New annual release of Demul is up
forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=25989#p25989

Holy shit, nice, why haven't they updated their site to mention this yet?

because he is a russian

I want a pc system case that you can integrate consoles into so you don't have to emulate. Everything should be easily switchable via buttons from the pc case and rewired to reduce the amount of standalone console components, or if that's not possible just fully compacted so it can fit into a tinier physical space

vs.
which way western man

Otter or Brave

I've got GTA: LCS and VCS running near flawlessly, but I can't seem to get rid of the black boxes around text and the minimap. I've tried any option that mentions text or black boxes with no luck. Is there a setting that I may be over looking to get rid of these?

Are you using the OpenGL plugin?

No I have to use dx11 because R9 290x

the DX11 plugin doesn't have proper transparencies implemented last I checked.

Oh, Alright. I suppose it's an issue I can ignore as of right now since it doesn't really affect gameplay. Thanks for the responses.

Oh we have users of some obscure Firefox forks or something here!

At least my userdata isn't being sold to fund Antifa across US.

web.archive.org/web/20171004225112/https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/10/03/mozilla-awards-half-million-open-source-projects/

It doesn't say anything about selling user data here.

Are you seriously this gullible?
Mozilla is a company that makes tens of millions of dollars every year excluding donations. Where the fuck do you think they get that money from? Thin air?

Duh

reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/75kqcp/the_next_cemu_release_will_support_native_online/

CEMU is getting native online next update, but you still need a real WiiU to dump console-specific shit and get your NNID running because it actually uses Nintendos servers

What happens when Nintendo drops support for WiiU titles? And how the fuck do people without a WiiU get online? We'll just have to wait and fucking see!

What happens when you get banned? Is your console banned too?

That's a good question. The OTP is factory-installed on the console and cannot be changed, which is where I see a major problem. I can't use my NNID I setup on my 3DS it sounds like which really sucks, hopefully there is a workaround

Looks better than the original

Another thing to note about this game is that the environments are fully 3D and the game runs at 30FPS with no noticeable drops.
This is kind of a big deal because Ocarina of time was released a full year later and was limited to 20FPS(15-17FPS for PAL)
Also the music remains as great as ever.

Quite a round-about way of doing things, but I was unable to run the pirated game on my phone, and besides, it runs surprisingly well. Except that image sometimes freezes up, and I have to minimize the game to snap out of it. That, and I may have willingly installed a malware on my system.

I didn't have that issue when I played AC3 on the Vulkan renderer. Unless there has been a regression recently.

I found an SMB romhack I made when I was 15.

Please don't tell me that's your actual name user.

Keith? No. That's his name.

I actually played this on one of those romhack compilations

Really? Because I don't remember uploading it anywhere.

Must have been a similar one.

I might have given a copy to a friend once.

Were the graphics drawn by you, or you just added cocks and fucks onto existing romhack?

I redrew every sprite in the game.

do not spoon feed copyright lawyers!

Disabling the PGXP vertex cache fixed it.
PCSX-R PGXP is better for AC3 anyway, night missions on Beetle HW run like slideshows on my FX-8350+r9 390 when it's not crashing at random

silky smooth 4fps

Do you guys know any program for adding scanlines to your pc minitor? My CRT monitor doesn't have them, only my CRT tv does.

You wouldn't survive in the wild.

1) laptops are about 3 times weaker than their desktop equivalents
2) mednafen is 100 times more accurate than pcsx2
3) read the wiki

Just get the japanese version of gimmick you retard. There's no language barrier. Also the Japanese version has superior audio.

Unplayable because of the controls. Also notorious input lag.

No need to be a cunt.

Any of the million frontends/ui's will help you.

Graphics glitches, gameplay glitches, audio is broken and compatibility is shit.

HW has always been broken. Use the proper core.

Shaders

With the latest Demul update loading save states no longer crashes the program.
Webm related is a Dreamcast exclusive(for some reason) sequel to Die by the Sword

I want to fuck that frog

Crt emudriver or [email protected] Don't ask these things in an emulation thread. If its not the most unoptimal experience possible you'll get dozens of autistic screechers.

My i7-2600k/R9 280X didn't seem to have any trouble with the night missions. I wonder how the Ryzen chips fare at emulation, I plan to get a Zen+ CPU when they launch in 2018.

Hey anons, anyone here experienced with Retroarch for PSX?
I want to load my games in Mednafox but it keeps loading them in PCSX ReARMed (presumably because that's the first core I used that actually worked)
Help

Mednafen*
That's embarrassing.

Yeah I use Mednafen in RetroArch all the time. You're saying that it's automatically loading them into the wrong core? Under the Playlists options you can select the default core for games in playlists to load into, try changing that. If that doesn't work, just delete the PCSX-ReARMed core so it has no choice but to use Beetle.

While I was waiting for this post, I ended up reinstalling Retroarch, so I ended up running into a different problem.
my .bin files aren't showing up at all, even with Beetle PSX HW and Beetle PSX being the only cores I have
I believe I have all the bios files I need in the system folder and all the assets, databases and shaders and whatnot downloaded

The .bin files worked fine in PCSX re-ARMed but its not even being detected by Beetle/Mednafen, and when I try to force it to load content through the menu-bar, it just gives me pic related.
Any ideas on how to fix this user?

goddamn I don't remember emulating things being this difficult or this much of a pain

i like the idea of retroarch but that exact problem is what has kept me from actually using it for anything. the fact that it won't fucking detect probably 20%-30% of my ROMs/etcs, even when I force load them, AND at the same time refuses to let me modify the folder structure to the way I prefer it means that it is functionally useless to me. maybe some truly beautiful mind-tier user can find a way around it but in my experience that's just how the goddamn program works

Retroarch seems fine and really nice to use, it just seems like fucking Mednafen isn't working
PCSX-reARMed (a different core) works fine for detecting ROMs but I want more options to make the game look nice n' shit, and I don't wanna waste my computer's resources on an android emulator
(but I might have to if its the only way to make these games work)

-Extract RA to a fresh folder
-Place the required bios in 'system'
-Open RA > Online Updater > Core Updater > Beetle PSX
-Tab over to Scan Directory > Select the folder with your PSX Bin/Cues > Scan This Directory
-Scroll down to Playlists > Set Beetle PSX as the default playlist for your Playstation playlist you just created
-Tab over to to your Playstation Playlist > Pick a game > Run it

From there on out, just start RA, tab to PS playlist, and pick a game from there.

You're using shit dumps. RA is comparing them against a known list of good dumps, and since you probably got your shit from some dirt-tier site like emuparadise or coolroms instead of verified good no-intro or redump sets. This "RA is hard to use" meme is tiresome.

I had that same issue, downloading the latest nightly build rather than the stable release fixed it for me.

Thanks for the detailed instructions user, I'll give it a shot!

But just in case that doesn't work

Which of these do I download from user? I have win7 ultimate 64 bit

The problem isn't with 1.6.7. You don't need to fuck around with nightly builds.

okay

I'm just telling him what fixed it for me. It also fixed an issue where it would crash when trying to change directories for BIOS files to a custom location, and I'd hazard a guess it's also the reason scanning wasn't working for me because I use a custom ISO location to scan.

nightly > windows > x86_64 > RetroArch.7z (148.0 MB)

Do note that if your shit isn't scanning to the playlist, go to the wiki and grab whatever you want from your preferred region's redump torrent. If it does scan it, but just doesn't start, 99% chance your bios is wrong. The PSX bios pack is also on the wiki and use the readme for the bios renaming guide.

ps-30j.bin = scph5000.bin (Japan)
ps-30a.bin = scph5501.bin (USA)
ps-30e.bin = scph5502.bin (EU)

Unless you were using 1.6.6, which was released with a bug that stopped scanning from working period, the problem was likely fixed by a fresh config because you fucked something up in the settings, which is the case with almost all of these problems.

Just to clarify, when you said to get Beetle PSX, you didn't mean Beetle PSX HW? (which I assume is the superior one because hardware) Or did you actually mean "Beetle PSX"?

Fresh install of 1.6.7 > crashing on directory changes, PS1 ISOs not scanning, N64 ROMs only scanned if they were in .zip files

Fresh install of nightly > everything works

Don't know what else to tell you.

Just use Beetle PSX. There's nothing you want from the HW core.

But 1.6.7 doesn't crash on directory changes unless you really fucked something up.

When I asked the devs, they told me to use the nightly build, and it worked. I don't know how you can fuck up a fresh install that has had no changes but whatever.

But you just said that you were fucking around with the directories. You were also claiming that only a percent of your roms were scanning in, when the only way that's going to happen is if they fail the CRC, and has nothing to do with the directory they're in.

So what was it, fresh install, or possibly bad paths in the directories? You're giving really inconsistent information here, user.

tried it user. Got to this step
And nothing happens or changes after I scan the folder with my .bins, so I can't get to anything involving any "playlists" in the next step

I think I'm tempted to go with the nightly build idea. I believe I've got all my BIOS in the correct folder.
Though there is something important I suppose I should mention, I did rename one of the BIOS files because it had a dash in it. The 'SCPH5501.bin' file used to be 'SCHP-5501.bin' or something.

I didn't get my BIOS from the wiki though, I suppose I'll take a look there. (assuming you're talking about the gametech wiki and not the general one?)

Download > extract > change BIOS directory > crash > change BIOS directory via .ini file > go to scan for games > select PS1 ISO folder > nothing found > select N64 folder > nothing found > select N64 compressed ROMs folder out of curiosity > it works > try changing save/savestate directories (this is what I was doing, not ISO directories, I got confused for a second) > this also crashes > contact devs > they say use nightly > use nightly > it works.

Well, I guess it's a .cfg not a .ini, but whatever.

Your bios should be following this naming scheme: mednafen.github.io/documentation/psx.html and yes, emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Are you using ReDump bins?

Curious as to why you're fucking with the system directories in the first place and needlessly complicating the whole thing. Is it that bothersome to have a couple 512kb files in the system folder?

I was just reading about that while trying to figure out how to get mouse support working. Really just wanted to try to get rid of the lookspring.

And here's how to scan good dumps with 1.6.7 stable. It's really not difficult.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow user
Right now I'm tired, but you've been willing to provide a lot of help. I'm very appreciative of that.

You too user

We'll eventually get it working, and then you'll know how to troubleshoot it from then on out. Don't worry about it.

Having a separate directory lets me have a single location for all bios files, saves, and save states for a variety of emulators, and if for some reason I decide to purge an emulator and reinstall it, all the important files don't go with it.

Why is PCSX2 still using plugins?

because its the best possible method of development goy
no seriously plugins are more modular unless the scene is fucking retarded like N64. You can use PCSX2's input plugin in PCSXR or Epsxe, there are some ethernet plugins which are developed by people not related to PCSX2

okay user, I took a .bin from the re-dump and it came with a cue file
I scanned the directory and it didn't show up there, but strangely enough it shows up here and it seems to run
Did I do everything correctly?
I put the correct bios into the folder, the game seems to run (but it doesn't show up in the directory)
I think I got it, I suppose I'll be getting all my games from the re-dump now.
If i didn't, is there anything I else I should be aware of?

Correct. Always keep the .cue and .bin files together.
What the scanning function does is attempt to recognize the game, and if it does, add it to the correct playlist. So as you can see, it recognized the game, created your Playstation playlist, and populated it with the game. It's working.

Sweet.
Thank ya user, I can finally enjoy some great vidya.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. One suggestion I have would be to go to the video options, scroll to the bottom, and disable bilinear filtering which is on by default and makes everything look like shit.

Alright user, thank you. I do have a few questions.
Before I decided to ask for help in this thread I was checking out embed related to figure this whole thing out, and there are options here that aren't showing up in my own iteration of the game.
Is there anything I can do to improve the experiences of emulated games as much as possible? I have a pretty nice computer for once in my life and I'd like to take advantage of it to make sure these games look great and run smoothly as well.

Oh, also the audio sounds fucking *horrible* for the intro sequence
Its crackling and doing all sorts of wonky things and just being overall unpleasant.

I would ignore everything in that entire video, open Beetle's options, enable cpu overclock, analog self calibration, cd image cache, throw on a nice tv or crt shader and be done with it.

Crackling audio typically means your PC isn't running it at full speed, and you only need an (intel) CPU that was decent ~7 years ago to handle it. Did you mess with the internal resolution?

I did; set it to 4x the native res.
I'll set it back to native if that's whatcha recommend, and I'll follow your advice

Also that pic looks interesting; how was the game?

The framebuffer effects are only done at native res, so they don't work properly when going beyond that. That said, 2x IR can look really nice in some games, but it's not without compromise. If you're coming off ePSXe or PCSX-R and used to cranking your IR, you get used to native res with a nice shader, trust me.

For the "extra options" in that awful video where that dumbfuck is giving really shitty advice, he can change the renderer and enable PGXP, neither of which are what you want to do. For the renderers, GL is incomplete and does not have mask bit emulation, which breaks a whole mess of effects in many games. Since you're playing Metal Gear Solid, you'd notice that immediately. Vulkan is also incomplete, and while it has mask bit emulation, it straight up bugs out and crashes a variety of games, and the only way to complete them is to change to a different renderer. Neither GL or Vulkan are likely to be completed any time soon, so Software is the way to go as it's extremely accurate (though obviously highly taxing on your CPU since your GPU is at best just going to be dealing with shaders). The other "extra option" he has would be the PGXP settings, which is experimental and, surprise surprise, causes all kinds of geometry glitches and breaks certain games.

As for Alundra, it's a competent action rpg, but it has some of the most brutal puzzles starting mid-game and beyond. To this date I've never been able to muster the motivation to complete it, and it's one of those games that you need to restart if you haven't played it for a while. It's a vicious cycle.

Thanks again for all your help user
Yeesh. In what ways? Are they absurdly convoluted like the puzzles in Resident Evil, cryptic, or some other way of them being difficult?
As for the emulator, its working quite well now. I have the fast-bilateral.cg shader and that's it
Are there any you'd recommend? I saw some nice-looking ones like Easymode, Hylian Glow, Royale, and some other shenanigans . Do I just add them in as additional shader passes, and am I more likely to run into problems with more than 1 shader pass?
I'm playing Castlevania SOTN right now, decided to hold off on the Metal Gear for now.

Does anyone have a magnet link to 8-bit and 16-bit ROM collections?

The "puzzles" in alundra require mechanical precision. The game itself is mostly brain dead in terms of actual puzzles and bosses and the Working Design localization makes the game even more tedious by increase the HP of enemies on top of typical working design behavior.

Anyone know where I can get the 3ds system files that citra needs to emulate Bravely Default?