X4: Foundations

game play for you autists

Fatt Howard won't let us down. Buy his game.

Holy shit, already?

is there only one shitty ship and painfully shitty walking around segments again?

nope
piloting every ship is back

See that ship? You can pilot it.

nice.
i just got to that bit, and it's some damn good news.

VR is being implemented he said, noice.

Nevermind, he was talking about a previous game. They want a new experience.

It looks like it's X Rebirth 2, now with more Unity and art direction from someone who previously designed children's Lego sets.

So from watching all that, it still has highways, they consider the HOL expansion's design to not have been an absolute abortion and want to design like that, it still has pointless walking around and that's been expanded on, they have a 'new graphics engine' which is probably Unity, they still have the clusterfuck Rebirth stations full of random modules but now with more randomness, X Rebirth 'trading' where you had to fly around like a moron collecting random offers is also in X4 ("a little bit similar but easier").

It's X Rebirth 2. X is over.

it looks identical with higher res textures, lower poly ships, and bloom

The bottom one seems like X3, user. Ye can't fool me

I think they're going for the stylized look because their old "star wars" look was so system intensive and didn't even look that great. Rebirth's style is way better than the previous games anyways.

I'd be more impressed if their demonstration was actually running at a non-dogshit framerate, tbh.

An X game not running like dogshit? Surely you jest.

Why not create just a station HUB with terminals instead of this dogshit or just staking Doc like in Star Treck or Babylon 5? This should save time and dont make me runing for 10 min for next "mission guy"

Why did I even let the glimmer of hope flame up again?
I should know way better by now.

As long as I can actually have a squad following me and not ships piloted by blind suicidal retards who crash into everything, I'd be happy
And automation that actually works, what the hell was that system with those freighters in x-rebirth

gay video game for losers

>>>/cuckchan/

Functioning autopilot never ever.

>>>/cuckchan/

Alright I am going through the german version of this in hope to escape the accents get more info.

Notable so far are that having an actual bridge or cockpit is back which seems nice.
-ships are going to have vastly different scales going from S to XL or higher but those do not denote the function of the ship like they did before.
-You now need to plan your stations in terms of storage, production capacity, living quarters, docks, etc.
-The Galaxy is back and civilized worlds will use the highways while the outer sectors use the jump gates
or some mix, the gameply makes it kinda look like Freelance with its trade lanes
-To avoid you shitting up the starting places of the universe with your giant stations you will have some rent type system which makes stations costs more the bigger they are, more populated sectors cost more while outer sectors will basically let you do whatever.
-Big revamp to the map to get rid of some of the sub-sub-menu cruft that had been added over the years.
-You can now tune your systems with items that you can hunt down around the galaxy We X Diablo now
-They want to keep and expand on the system that your station managers and pilots and captains learn and get some l33t skillz yo
-Some new factions
-They threw out the small talk system and don't want to have anymore giant empty open space sections
-You can built ship factories, don't have to wait on some HQ

Nothing spine breaking in theory so far though obviously we'll have to wait and see if they really remove the shitty walking busywork from Rebirth.

What does X4 have that X3, doesn't?

I always wanted to "get into" X3, but I never could despite multiple tries. I love the idea of living worlds that nothing in just spawns from nothing, except in the first startup. Should I wait for X4 to make another attempt as it will be objectively better?

I have this hilarious mental image of one kid smacking a smaller kid for saying something retarded, and then the smaller kid whining louder about it until another larger kid comes and smacks him for it

I've always thought those were the most comfy part of these games. Flying through a nebula with those weird ass asteroids in Freelancer was spooky. Oh well, I suppose we'll have Rogue System for comfy flying at least.

All X games pull shit out of their asses when spawning shit. I doubt X4 will fix this.

Oh no I miswrote that, by open space sections I meant the empty parts in the space stations that rebirth had.

But why? It felt like such wonderful and natural conversation.

It's a very accurate representation of of how conversation works in Germany, fam.

Game engine is still in progress. I'm sure there will be lighting, reflection and texture adjustments.

Why not a make X3 just with better graphic/engine and custom orbitals?

Some station autism I guess

With a silver tongue like yours, I could listen to you all day! I really enjoyed hearing that!

im ok with that

I just wish the highways were less ridiculous. They shouldn't be all swoopy-doopy without constructed ring-things at the bends. They should just be in straight lines for the most part rather than looking like a cosmic being went apeshit with a magical crayon.
Otherwise I'm fine with them pretty much. Kind of like trade lanes from Freelancer.

More than anything, I just hope they do more with them. Have bandits attack the highway system once in a while and dump everyone out to attack and rob them. Have highways break down, or even have accidents and jam-ups in them. Make them interesting rather than just an extra step on the A->B journey.

It's the year of our Lord 2017 and no one has yet managed to make a game that beats Elite 2 in scope and complexity.

i hope they actually do shit and be cute

They want more than a thousand players to buy their games on release.

Well….the X series might actually be saved.

I do hope we can make some beefy looking station. Those spindly connectors and tiny modules don't do it for me.
I want a monolithic station that looks like it's carved form a giant steel block.