What are you playing?

Post games you're playing right now. Is it good? Is it fun?

Autistic fun

Just finished Tomb Raider Legend.
A rare example of a reboot done good.

Games are for nerds

Papers please, the Banner saga and fifa 17 at times with a friend
Generally, I'm pretty bored and looking for something new to try, maybe something fantasy-esque, but I can't find anything new

Ur a nerd kiddo. Nah you're cool.

Is Apotheon good?

It's the KBOΠvania of souls games

I'm gonna shill for a steam pixelshit that I got gifted user, try bit dungeon 2.

SAMP rpg server
It's garbage and not fun but I keep playing it anyway.
t. has to wait with the game open for 30 minutes because he robbed a gun store and went to jail

accidentally posted a different pic.

I got Outlast for free a few days ago.
And lemme say, it's painful to play it.
The environment is comfy, like a cheesy creepypasta setting.
The mechanics are exactly what you'd expect/want from a first person horror. They allow you to approach situations carefully, hide under/in many an environment object.
The flashlight mechanics are pretty great too in that it uses a night vision mode on the camera to ensure that you can see your way around the naturally dark settings, but it doesn't also act as a homing beacon to your character, it allows you to really be able to see and appreciate the settings more when you're trying to make your way through them.
However… There's barely any suspense. There's no true horror.
It's always just a build up to a jump scare, usually a predictable one too.

At the start you can see a body sitting on a wheelchair down a long hallway. He looks just like any other dead body you've encountered. The careful player can zoom in with the camera and see that the body is twitching, it's still alive. So the careful player will turn around and try another route because they're expecting to get jumped if they go near it. But, in the previous area with many, many doors and hallways, all your other routes are locked. So you're FORCED to go by this guy, who of course jumps you on the route back past him again.
So the game does not reward a careful approach, it wants you to go a certain route and you have no more say in the matter.
Oh, and when you hide from an enemy that's looking for you, if you hide in a row of lockers. About a 95% chance the enemy will check the locked NEXT to yours, it gives you a good scare the first time you see it, but then it turns into a realisation that AI is scripted to almost always check one locker away from you.
As for the rest of the game? Here's the game loop.

I don't think I'm too far into the game, I'm not too motivated to play any more, but I got into the female insane ward and so far I haven't seen any hot female crazies (or any for that matter), so I don't have high hopes for the rest of the game.
Alien Isolation is a superior game.

It's pretty entertaining, especially if you're an ancient Greece autist. Wait for a sale or pirate first

Been playing Dominions 4, Dom5 release soon

Gears of War 4: Guns of the Patriots
MGS1 was really good for a PS1 game, MGS3 controlled like pure fucking sex, then comes this shit.
The controls are all retarded, you need to press fifty buttons to go into first person aim instead of over the shoulder TPS game. The auto cammo is also pretty shit, though it makes sense.
On the other hand, joining kebab and going "Haha, allahu akbar my friend" is kind of fun and the robot girls are fucking hot, so I guess it's not that bad, just kind of odd considering the previous games.

It's just L1 + triangle. Also, what's shit about the octocamo? It's the best implementation of camo in the series by far.

It's still pretty shit to do mid-aim, you need to take your thumb off the aim stick and press triangle each time you are going to aim. There's also no aim, so the camera stick is the only aim to aim without leaving cover.
I just don't like it, personally. It's just that the MGS3 camo selection stuck with me, so it feels kind of wrong to have one camo that works for everything.

Yeah, forgot about that. It's bothersome having the one thumb occupy both triangle and the right stick when aiming, though at least most of the game's pace is slow enough that never gets in the way too much. Maybe it'd have been better if the first person button was L2 or something.
Ah that's fair, I could see how it'd throw you off if you were used to 3's.

Ruiner. It's good.
It plays like a top down version of FEAR, and is definitely GotY, not that there's a lot of competition.

Shit, I meant lean.

Considering there's no use for L2 or R2 during shooting, as opposed to cancelling pistol shots in the early games, I don't know why they didn't went with it.

I personally think it lost a lot of the magic from the XBOX HUEG games. I don't find it fun, but am plodding through it anyway. I feel like instead of well crafted horde encounters (e.g. Serious Sam), I get really monotonous single enemy spam encounters (e.g. Painkiller Black). Even NGB handled the enemy variety, per encounter, better.

it's alright 40 hours in

I'm ready, fam

It's a fun game not too scary but most horror games cant get the scary done right tbh. Personally I like horror games because they're usually spooky, atmospheric and have an actual focus on story.
Carry on playing though, it's a great game.

It's pretty much what I was hoping it would be.

o boy, its pretty poor compared to first one, but i heard 3rd game is pretty good, so i have to endure it somehow

Fallout 4 and Nobunagas Ambition. Fallout 4 is alright, it just makes me want to play New Vegas though. Nobunagas Ambition is a lot of fun, but I always just end up wanting to start a new game before finishing the game, due to how insanely large my territory gets and how much work it takes to manage everything. Unless you're a Daimyo and can give lords lands and let them deal with that shit.

Replaying Unreal. Still a great game with great atmosphere.

You could say that the game still is… unreal..

Marathon 2, great shit.

Turn on anti-aliasing man

Rainbow six siege and just finished my first run of Ys Origin the other night

Yunica is a nice girl

t-that's a leftypol falseflag!!!11!1!

For my first 4x it is rather nice. Took me a while before I grasped what to do and how.

You self-awareness is non existent.

Ye olde, original X-COM, Piratez Extended modded.

I just picked this up and I haven't been able to put it down. AI is pretty silly tho and isn't much of a threat until Serious and up.

gross

Ironic.

Get gud a memes leftyshit

Here we go again.

lrn2meme you butthurt little bitches.

Self control: Zero

Oh man I wish I could be such a good shit poster memer XDDDD!!! I bet you have millions of followers on your tumblr!!!!

Just report and ignore.

Commies and Nazis will be thrown into the ocean on the day of the helicopter.

You're the one who's visibly butthurt.

@13499158

lol, no (You)'s for someone this dumb

Yep, that's pretty much the response I would expect from neo/pol/.

Fuck off this board is for complaining and political circlejerking discussion. Seriously though, I'm currently playing Ruiner and I have to say, it's really fucking good. The soundtrack is not as memorable as the Hotline Miami one but still good, the game starts out slow but gets a lot better the longer you play it because of the fact that you get a lot more abilities later on and you can switch between all of them on the fly. I'm playing it on Hard and I have to say, the difficulty is perfect. So far my only complaints are that the performance is sometimes a bit wonky and that the bossfights suck fucking ass.

Let's get this thread back on track.

It's pretty fun, but God damn I suck at it. It's god some really interesting mechanics, and I'm shocked by just how huge the maps are. I also really love it's color palette.

I'm not even sure what the fuck to say about this one. It's a super abstract puzzle-adventure game, but the puzzles are all "click these specific objects on the screen but don't click the wrong ones or you'll have to do the puzzle over." Strangely enough, it gives me WarioWare vibes. It's definitely the most obscure game I've ever played.

The I want to kill myself kind of fun

Ruiner is fine but two things from my first 2 hours with the game. The first boss had a weird timer mechanic on it that seems to be remiss from other boss fights in the game that just feels like an unesscary difficulty increase for a fair boss. Second being that the guns feel way too weak. Otherwise, I love the gameplay and the hub world area is very cool.

Playing a late antiquity mod and having fun autistically remaking and forming the entire world over the course of 1000+ years.

Too bad the AI isn't autistic and destroys titular titles that are the right medieval titles and let the de jure drift and instead make the (((Roman))) named "de jure" titles instead.

What's stopping you from killing yourself?

The best