Need For Speed Thread

Which is the best NFS game and why is it Underground 2?

Was Most Wanted (2005) the last good NFS game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fanfk_d8S5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think that Carbon was better.

pic related
Because you weren't even born when TNFS:SE came out.

NFS3 is way better fag

BRRRUM DUM DUM

you misspelled Most Wanted 2005

Porsche Unleashed is the best NFS game.

NFS1 > NFS4 > NFS3 > NFS:PU > NFSMW 2005 > NFSHP2 > NFSU2 > NFSU > NFSHP 2010 > NFS Shift > NFSTR > NFS Pro Street > NFS Carbon > NFS2 >>>>> shit >>>>> Shift 2 > Shift 3 (aka PCARS) > NFSMW 2012 > Rivals > NUNFS

Need For Speed: V-Rally 2 > *

Mein neger.

V-Rally is pretty good but it's a spinoff that wasn't developed in-house, EA just bough the rights to publish the game under the Need for Speed name in NA.
What I really forgot to mention was NFS Undercover, I often even forget this garbage exists

*bought

HP2 (PS2) is pretty good, the PC version sucks ass tho

One thing about Most Wanted that I really like was that I actually remembered the entire plot of the game. And was much more invested in it.

Underground 2 is a good game but I see it as more abstract like Burnout where it's just a video game I'm playing in an abstract video game world.

Whereas in Most Wanted I still remembered that the main character's car is stolen from him by a smug asshole and you have to get it back. The premise was so good that despite having pretty shit acting in the cutscenes I still remembered things like the character's names and what the ending was. I don't remember any of the characters in Underground or Underground 2.

The inclusion of police and just how tense the later wanted levels get also added a lot to the immersion factor of the game. I felt like I was actually in the world of the game much more and it felt more alive as a result despite having no pedestrians. Wheras in Underground 2 it felt perpetually as a 4 AM driving simulator.

And while people will say "who gives a shit I just wanna race" when a game nails these small details it feels more special to me.

most annoying song that grows on you with time.

UG2 has Hondas unless you're a PALfag.

I'll never understand why they gave PALfags a fucking corsa and a 106 over premium japanese VTEC rice or a saxo/polo.

easily the best car in the series

Makes me wonder why all the newer arcade racers don't have "Hero" cars like this classic.

Personally I'd put pic related in front of NFS1, but other than that your taste in NFS is absolutely patrician.

fug, that reply was meant for

Seconded.
Probably the only racing game that had an engaging and interesting story to it.
I personally loved the over-the-top, hammy cut-scenes – looked like the actors had a blast chewing thru the scenery as they delivered their lines. Just shameless fun with qts all around.

The only thing I would have changed is the OST – looking back at it now, it way trying way too hard to be edgy/cool. Imagine a soundtrack with Röyksopp & Robyn, Crystal Castles, Crim3s, Sidewalks and Skeletons, El Tigr3, Dead Astronauts, Blvck Ceiling, Clan of Xymox, Bitwvlf, &c., instead.

I digress, the edgy soundtrack really compliments its' equally edgy atmosphere. It's the best late 2000's cheese.

I wish they would've gone all in and had Linkin Park and Evanessence as well if they wanted to really capture the 2000s edgy teen spirit.
Some Rammstein would've been nice as well, though they don't fit the edgy teen style of the 2000s, it would have been a nice fit to the heavier soundtrack of MW.

What I've really could've done without is the nigger music they had.

Too bad we never got to use their best song ever as a theme for a dirtbike racing game.

I wonder if grabbing the first Underground would be any better

It's fucking awesome dude, I miss the early 2000s.

Sure when I was teen it was awesome but now it seems like shit to me. NFS cant do more than few things good.
everything else meh

mw2012
no customization, shit modes, rest of cars being shit.

and so on.

That's a funny way to spell Need For Speed III

Isn't there a PC version?

PC version of NFS3:HP and the PS2 version of NFS:HP2 will forever be tied for my favorite.

I-I liked the rap

Patrician choice, there's no correct answer other than this.

This is the worst list I have ever seen

The PS2 version of Hot Pursuit 2 is the best NFS.
I wish EA didn't close NFS World

This

same

(ea9f70 here in case my id changed since I rebooted my router and cleaned my browser data)

I admit I still had lots of fun with HP2 on OG Xbox, which was based on the PC version. I think the EA Seattle versions were still enjoyable as long as you didn't experience the superior PS2 version by EA Black Box.

With Porsche Unleashed it was the opposite, PC version is amazing, the PSX version is a joke.

I had already posted this in that PoP WW thread, but nowadays I really miss the 2000s edgy emo aesthetics, even if I thought it was ridiculous back in the day. I'd trade it any day for the safe minimalist non-triggering SJW bullshit we have today.
I also remember most of MW2005 plot and scenes. Characters were silly and simple but memorable. Its heavy use of fmv cutscenes already felt nostalgic even in its day, resembling early 5th gen. I really liked the nigger cop, he was pretty funny.

Show yours then faggot, I need a laugh

Forgot to reply this, though the answer is already on my list.
I think NFS The Run was the last decent (not actually good, mind you) NFS game. It's shallow as fuck but I had fun with it, I consider it a guilty pleasure. I love the concept of cross-country gumball-style races since Sega's Rad Mobile on arcades, and NFSTR is basically a contemporary take on this. The plot, though not as engaging as MW2005, also helps adding color to the game.

I wish Most Wanted 2012's single player was a bit better, like destinations to get to in Ambushes ala Marked Man from Burnout Paradise and the ability for all cars to race on all races.

Every EA franchise has this problem, SSX has wavered between good gameplay progression, good soundtrack, good UI, or good characters.

I admit I sometimes feel pretty undecided about the positions in my top 3, NFS1, NFS3 and NFS4 are all top tier.
I admit NFS1's interface, presentation and soundtrack play greatly in its favor. NFS1 car showcases in particular, are so fucking classy, stylish and in good taste, they can make mustaches curl.

All the versions of the game aside from the portables are completely identical. Hell on the PC, there's fan patches for resolutions and modern PCs as well as unlocking the region exclusive cars.

It's comfortable, for sure.

VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS!

(((Cracked))) said that this is one of the worst rock songs of all time, couldn't disagree more.

It has kinda better graphics, which it likes to show by obscuring your vision with shitty effects, outside of that it's not any better, especially in the gameplay department where it simply shoves more filler in your face which definitely isn't what this game needed.
Still can't believe I fell for that shit.
Although I'll admit the claims are somewhat substantiated unlike the "MW on x360 was better" tards.

Of all the HP2 songs, embed related is the one that always pops into my head when thinking of the game.

It has better lightning, reflections and the physics are not fucked up cartoob shit like the PC version. There is absolutely no reason to play an inferior version when PS2 HP2 runs smoothly on PCSX2.

Yeah it also has car deformation which I admit is neat, and better smoke/fog which would have been good if the devs didn't think it was a good idea to completely obscure your screen with it almost every time the effect is used appears except on barrels which is the one thing you actually would want to be very visible.

pick one
As long as it's not undercover-tier bad you won't see me giving a fuck about the physics in an NFS.

Oh yeah it struggling to reach the correct framerate on a desktop haswell i7 sure is smooth, unless you decide to use hardware mode and fuck up the graphics obviously, but hey why would that be a problem oh wait graphics are the main thing why you would want to play that version to begin with.

Why do people even keep shilling that port to death, yeah sure it looks prettier, but in exchange it plays worse (more filler, more grind, magnetized cops, everything about helicopter rockets, the fucking endless elimination races which is literally an excuse to make you race the same race thrice), the couple things that works better in that version than in the PC version gameplay wise are the parts where you play as the cops and how shortcuts are handled (aka not fucking obvious as shit)
Let's not forget the stupid shit it shares with the PC version (everything about the SP progression, few track with mirrored and backwards versions to pretend there's more to it)

Wow you are autistic.

So?

PCSX2 is badly optimized and a massive vagina to run. It's much cheaper to just buy a PS2, mod it and use component cables.

I just found pic related at a second hand store.

Can I just mention how shitty it is to pirate some games? I tried pirating Most Wanted's PC version before this and I could only find repacks of the game, not the original version. I tried using the repacked version of Most Wanted with the widescreen patch and all it would end up doing is crashing the game.

Meanwhile when I got this version there was a patch to upgrade it to the black edition of the game and it just worked with the widescreen patch.

Underground 2 doesn't have this issue since most torrents are just of the iso. Underground 1 has a different issue where for some reason a lot of the pirate versions just completely lack music.

Unless you really can't into torrent for one reason or another there's at-least one torrent that has been active forever with just an iso.

Probably those shitty sub 500MB lossy rips. good ones are over 1 GB

And because I have nothing better to do, should all have an .iso and a crack but might not always be the latest version
UG
732812c065bc2b830f98b351d45c4295e48e8e9f
UG2
3202bf21ef9cca9140c4c2f987f8d26b4db646e0
MW
09e8b8e4aeaa03c26801b3c1c6eed1d9473d2473
Carbon
02219448d5822a1450fadca79d3bc473f0d94f06

I want Gran Turismo or a similar game with great car customisation and nice relaxing daylight environments instead of the edgy neon eternal night tracks of NFS Underground for PC.

Need for Speed Most wanted 2005 is set entirely at day and has ample amounts of car customization although not as much as Underground 2

There's a mod for that

Stop.

Heard Gran Turismo Sport is supposed to have car customization. Relaxing is probably not the mood it's going for though.

Remember the challenge series event where you have to evade the police in one of these?

Remember when videogames were fun, user?

the problem with both NFSU and NFSU2 is that the AI is retarded and can't drive to save its life, so it has been programmed to stick to the ground like lateral friction is 100% and lateral G 0 whatever happens, so If you master those game's driving styles, you can't win anymore because the AI WILL adapt to your level no matter how high it is.

At one point, the opponent's cars just ignore physics to beat you and there isn't anything else you can do to go faster yourself, being constrained to the game physics

On the other hand, NFS Porsche was quite fair, still very hard but if you mastered a track with a specific car, the AI can't beat you as long as you're doing a perfect run

Also it has honeslty the best physics of all NFS games, by far

I think NFSU2 is the best because it's the only NFS game with a lot of tight turns and cramped roads. It's more dynamic and challenging.

MEIN NEGER
youtube.com/watch?v=fanfk_d8S5E

MW if you like speed and story, Carbon if you like drift, they are almost the same game anyways in terms of gameplay

I prefer Carbon because it has the best Underground cars without the tuning jazz

FUCK

Gameplay in Carbon sucks. I thought the drift mechanics were off, plus the rubber banding by the AI is CHEAP AS FUCK.

plebians

yeah those tight turns sure do matter when you can just go at max speed and ride the SOLID [>>>>] walls and go faster than if you'd have actually turned, something that didn't exist in UG1 because the walls weren't solid and you were just punished by being reset if you went off the track. not only that but the tracks in UG1 were comfier, it had nicer cutscenes and story, and it's soundtrack was infinitely superior to the edgy screaming crap of UG2.

What's this, Need for Speed: Fallout Edition? Looks awful.

Clearly you never played True Crime: New York City

*replace you with (((they)))

you can turn the filter off

This thread needs more Porsche Unleashed love.

Yeah instead NFSU1 just puts a solid wall on the road directly most of the time, there's is maybe 1 turn you would ever remotely consider "tight" that has what you describe.

I always liked Underground 1 more.
It somehow felt more closed, while the second had a feeling over overbooarded features for me.
Last good one was Shift.

Didn't it also have the framrate locked to the game physics.
Totalasscancer had a video about either that one or one of the ones afterwards where the physics went total retard after forcing the game to 60fps.

The framerate isn't locked but running at very high framerates will make the physics different.

NFSU1

I was more of a Burnout guy myself, I would play Legends while at school on my PSP to then come home and play 3 and Revenge.

prostreet has best aesthetics but paved for a more tame and kind of boring sequels but they soon realized how fucking shift series truly are, but they never went back to that weird hybrid between arcade racing and sim racing

>

I preferred Midnight Club