Star Wars Galaxies With JTL: New hardware edition

3 TIMES XP FOR ALL PROFESSIONS AND PILOTING ENABLED DUE TO SERVER DOWNTIME

How to install:
1. go to swghope.com/
2. register for a new account and await verification
3. download the launcher
4. Torrent the SWG full disk set(The one on piratebay is SWGEMU edition and works fine, the torrent for the disk set should be 1.7GiB)
5.install the disk set and direct the launcher to the directory
6. Patch
7(optional)go to additional options on the launcher and untick the boxes for UI and Sound for the vanilla UI and sound
8. Create a character on INDOMINUS
9. Send an ingame message to Sam for an invitation to the guild and coordinates to our guildhouse

SWGwiki is still up after all these years and there are still forums with profession guides lurking around all over the internet, defer any other questions such as how to get your feet on the ground to Sam Hyde.

Guild is primarily imperial but is open to fenceshitters and the occasional rebel
Fenceshitters can fight for either faction by going to a recruiter and asking to mercenary work for said faction.

"I don't like NGE and I want to fly ships for now, tell me how to touch the ground as little as possible"
assuming you want to fly TIE fighters:
1. go to bestine, tatooine, the recruiter is right outside the starport entrance across the street.
2. go talk to LT. Akal Colzat in bestine and get signed up
3.You're a pilot now.

We have a few active members already and we have our feet on the ground, I can help people along, get in here while 3x XP lasts and you can grind to masteries in two days or less if you work fast and then enjoy the rest of the game.

Restuss PVP event expected to being tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

swghope.com/pages/project/roadmap.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't work on Linux, fuck. Don't know what I expected.

I think it works with WINE, that or you could attempt a VM.

boring, wheres the first order, and the starkiller base, and rey and finn?

No luck in WINE, guess VM it is. Fucking hell.

Would you happen to know what the guild needs at the moment? The VoH patcher finally stopped 502'ing and I'm ready to go.

The patcher and launcher only work when the server isint completely shutdown. which it was for the past few days due to hardware failure. they migrated to a completely new setup.

The guild could use an officer, I believe we have a doctor and a commando, and a bounty hunter, Officer is a glass cannon DPS/important buffer. We could also use craftsmen, especially shipwrights if you want to become a jew.

Some things on the server are a bit wonky currently after the new server launched, no loot drops for now looks like but the server owner will be fixing it when he returns this burger afternoon.

Officer it is. Thanks, I'll be on shortly.

Looks like there are database issues and the server will be kept down for another 5 hours or so until the owner gets home.
I'm sure its just a sync error and will get fixed soon, but goddamn this guy needs to give his other CSRs access to remote into his server.

oh my aching ass

I know user, I jumped the gun a few hours on making the thread.
Hang in there, the growing pains of a server/database transfer should be over shortly.

Also expecting a server stability patch from the emulator devs soon so the server doesn't need a restart each night.

Is this private server any good? Is it gonna be populated? I'm not downloading this if you double niggers are gonna abandon it next week

The biggest problem was that SWGEMU had absolutely no content so we got burnt running to the mando bunker over and over, NGE had another 5 years of content behind it, so climb aboard theres plenty for us to do.

Server owner says theres 3-4 new accounts being made every day, which is a good indication, and the other NGE server has fagmins from what ive heard.
Speaking of which, server owner is now working on bringing shit back online, hopefully will be up soon.

free open source software linux remake of all the best games ever when?

Thanks. I'll download it after work then

Is JTL finally live? Did they implement it on swgemu's Basalisk yet?

>(((NGE)))
Wew

No, this is on one of the most garbage MMOs of all time, SWG after their NGE patch.

Afaik it hasn't. And the main reason why is because this iteration uses code that was leaked. Wheras SWGEmu is designed using reverse engineering.

always get so many (1)s its a wonder if EA isin't counter shilling a dead game just to try and keep TORtanic afloat.

Post-NGE wishes it could've been TOR. TOR was a Unity Star Wars skin over nu-WoW and is just as shit. NGE SWG was an abortion with its carcass ripped straight from a once great game and bastardized with mechanics thrown together because Smedley wanted an entire new fucking game in three months. Fuck yourself you NGE newfag.

Not even your paranoia can excuse your absolute shit taste regarding NGE.

SWG was a great MMO, but NGE made it garbage and you are a fool for thinking otherwise

The main reason NGE was created was because subscriber numbers for SWG were in the toilet. It was a great mmorpg but it wasn't a popular one nor a financially successful one and didn't appeal to normalfags. One of the things they said about NGE was they intentionally gave the game more "instant gratification" because they wanted to attract subscribers. It didn't help World of Warcraft came out around the same time and was more mainstream. The unfortunate reality of mmorpgs is they're enormously expensive to develop and to keep running.

World of Warcraft is also interesting in this regard because overtime through updates it also started to have more instant gratification. Like the vanilla build of the game required you to group up with other players to level up at a reasonable pace but in the most recent build of the game you can just play it all solo

The other thing about vanilla era SWG is it's true the game really does lack content compared to NGE era SWG. Since it had something like 5 extra years of development. And while SWG is a good game it would require an enormous amount of additional reverse engineering to add that extra content to prevent the game from getting stale.

The class system for pre-cu is nice and the freedom it offers is really good, but tell me wheres the rest of the game.
Do you want to run the mando bunker today?
How about the mando bunker, or the mando bunker?
I don't intent to waste the good years of my life becoming an old man waiting for the SWGEMU devs to actually do something and for the server to have actual content, so here we are.
I'm well aware smedley shit all over the game including planetside 2.

now you're just being retarded, TOR is absolute shit with terrible bioware writing and animation, cheesy artstyle and shit F2P cashgrab system. not to mention how large it is because they spent 80% of the budget on voice acting.

I will begrudge you a point and agree that as shit as NGE is, SWTOR is worse.

Congrats user, you've soundly convinced me.

Server issues have been worked out and Server is now up with 3X XP
Ill be on the majority of the day for recruitment.

Joining now, I'll see you fags soon

So, I made a new character as a trader and I'm stuck on the training level bit. I'm supposed to make a mineral survey device with the generic crafting tool, but when I open it, I don't see the schematic for the device at all. I've gone through, deselected the quest and tried it again in hopes of activating the schematic. Can I get some help?

I don't have anymore time left to help until later tonight, but have you tried softlogging?
is the schematic shown in your datapad at all?

your best bet may be to skip the tutorial entirely with a new character/buy resources from the guy n the station and grind to 5 so you can just leave.
I just had a look see and the server host says the server will be going down 7-8EST to restart (takes about 15 minutes to reboot) to fix all the bugs left from the serve migration, that might fix it as well.

Haven't actually touched NGE before. Would I be better off running a combat character first before going crafter? If so, which would be the most useful for the guild?
Kind of sad that I can't reuse my old comfy scout/rifleman build from SWGEmu as far as I can tell.

We need crafters of all types for the guild, as for moneymaking to support your crafter initially, Selling ship parts to the chassis dealer from piloting will make good cash at higher ranks, and the ships themselves drop credit chits
Or go into a combat class and look up the good ways to farm NPCs for credits or valuables.

I'll stick with my Engineer then unless another trader specialty is more desirable. I'll send a message to get in the guild tomorrow.

Member when somebody possibly fucking up one of the video games was the absolute worst thing you had to worry about with Star Wars?

I member.

Slab where you at? were missing you.
Also going to grind out my Rebel pilot murder quota to get the YE-4 schematic so I can take up all the rookie pilots in the houseboat for easy grinding.

Think I'll get in on this tomorrow.
Planning to become the guild's local guy who fists things, hopefully Teras Kasi isn't too boring.

I think the plan is to be mostly piloting and ignore the ground game entirely. Though no one stops you from playing the ground game too.

With 3XP going on you can easily shunt yourself up to 90 doing the main questlien and then a bit of grind from 60~ to 90 meaning we can get a group ready for heroics and other endgame content like sieging a captured star destroyer

Im on for another two hours as of this post, so if anyone is waiting to get in, hop on and send an ingame message to Sam

Alright, I made a new character and skipped the tutorial. I'm running around on Tatooine atm. Dunno how to message anyone though. Name's Joxxi Daicraf btw.

I sent you a tell but you don't seem to be on, perhaps you need to softlog and don't know it.

A tip for aspiring crafters that I didn't know until recently (I might be retarded).
Invest your Level 10 expertise points into Extraction Efficiency otherwise any sampling you do will be pure, uncensored suffering. With it maxed out, it's at least somewhat bearable.

What do? Do I use the login credentials from the swghope account or what?

Oh wait, I used SWGEmu instead of the swghope launcher, think that's what I fucked up.

Now that I'm actually using the notcompletelywrong launcher, I'm hoping the patches aren't bigger than on SWGEmu's cause that shit took a whole day with my internet

ok fuck this i'll just leave it going for the night and get on this tomorrow

Bumping for ill be on the whole day grinding to get my gunboat schematic.
Anyone interested in recruitment /tell sam as always or send me an ingame mail preferably.

Developers have released a roadmap of content they plan to add to the server

swghope.com/pages/project/roadmap.php

WHY CONTAIN IT.

Ive just learned that if you find me ingame and do /referrer you get the buddy system referral rewards from 2009

Gives me shit and gives the referred guy a instant level 50 token.

Id like to add by the end of the day I should have my YE-4 schematic so we can all fly together as a crew and murder rebels.

That retard ruined more SWG servers than I can remember. Might as well play on fucking Legends.

Xaos isint even in the staff and from what ive seen he gets shit on by everybody for being bad at the game.

Guild now has crafting stations and our guildhouse is slowly becoming /comfy/
We have a shipwright/structures trader.
We need all the other crafting professions and of course more combat mains/alts as always. Anyone is welcome to pick whatever and ill help out.
Ive also got our imperial gunship comissioned so we can have this beauty to fly around in and fight rebel battlestations and do interdiction events.

We've got our Battleship up and running, we could do a maiden voyage tonight with everybody on. Be sure to turn off gimbal correction in the lowest gun. We have a few guildmates nearly up to 90 as well, so we can start running heroics like the star destroyer seige soon.

my work schedule exploded dude, but i'll be around starting monday. i need that /referrer shit and will wear my nice underwear

Well fuck you too

what was your username faggot.
If you didn't get automoderated out for using ten minute mail or having your username be GASTHEKIKES14882017 on a moderated signup then Ill talk to whoever and see if I can get you activated.

Well fuck me then.

So do I just add the user Sam? or is there something else because Sam or Sam Hyde isn't identified by the community search

Fucking dropped, see you fags never.

its a firstname basis, if you are currently on then ill add you to the guild

just use mail.com or something nigger.

How's the space combat? Is it anything like them good old X-wing and Tie Fighter games? Also is this game playable without joining a guild?

It's shit.

SAM GET ONLINE

I'll be on tomorrow after work. Would've been on today but patching is taking 60 fucking years

We have a handful of active people now and things are starting to really roll along, We are pumping out resources and getting good shit.
within a week we should have the materials to start rolling TIE bombers and whatnot off the line and selling them for good money.

We still need a chef/clothes/Armor/Munitions trader to come along and we could use an officer and another command. or two. If you need recruitment, ill be gone until late late tonight burgertime.

Is chef a starter profession? Used to playing with faggots who won't medic or heal or do anything useful so I got used to filling. I'll chef when I login If it's available

NGE chef is a Domestics Trader. Doubles as the tailor. You can be it from character creation.

I'll be it then. Is that Sam dude gonna be on tomorrow?>>13542435

Sorry on mobile. Refer to my last post

He should be. Tomorrow or probably in the early AM EST

Anyone else that can put me in the guild in case he's on. It's been years since I've played this and private servers work differently, plus I wanna get a head start on getting stuff for us.

If anyone else is able to, I don't know who I can direct you to. For a head start, you can use the /referrer command to get a thing which will bump you up to level 50. You can only do it once per account however.

Alright thanks man

if i'm not on, adecio, slab, and thronyr/thornyr(his alt) have permissions to sponsor and accept guildmembers
(its /guildsponsor when in proximity of the person, and then use the datapad PA device to accept Sponsored.)

Just saw the server status when I got home, looks like something happened on dantooine and the server is going to be down for a hotfix till likely tomorrow eve.

Sam you doublenigger. Just because I spend more time on the structure trader because of how useful he is right now doesn't make him my main. Plus he's a filth xeno.

Is the server still down? I want to fucking play

Database issue seems to be taking longer than expected to fix, and the main database dev isn't on at the moment.

Guess I need to play another game for the meantime. Mine kept saying loading so I was being an impatient faggot

Nice try J.J

So their answer for losing subs was to make the game worse in every aspect except the Jump to Lightspeed stuff since they just left that alone?

Why don't the SWGEmu autists just bite the bullet and strip the NGE JTL since it's exactly the same as pre-CU/CU? Shit's infuriating.