Fighting Game General: Choose Your Fighter!

The steam release is out: store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
The game sold 8k in Japan in it's opening week: archive.fo/smyAN
New version (Arcade Edition) spotted on UK retailer: scontent-gru2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21686782_473527489696819_7679464339442017905_o.jpg?oh=91a57b0e28b8bb1586c93a91f3c23ccc&oe=5A46C7E6
New costumes, RetroMusic pack and SFII Cammy stage: capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/09/25/new-street-fighter-v-costumes-stage-and-music-packs-available-september-26
Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
Location test schedule for September 22~24 in Japan
DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose will be released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.
Allen Snider and Doctrine Dark confirmed as a new playable characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg youtube.com/watch?v=9At1i-tzCkE
TGS trailer and extended gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=zAlJ9qhr2wA youtube.com/watch?v=_laDWgM668Y youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
Jin Kisaragi, Yosuke Hanamura and Linne are announced for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=rsqwErCYEhg
The game will be playable at NYCC(10/05~10/08), RTX London(10/14~10/15), South East Asia Majors(10/14~10/15) and Arc Revolution Cup(10/21)
Yamcha, Tenshinhan(with Chaozu) confirmed as playable characters. #21 will be relevant to the story mode: youtube.com/watch?v=DBrpOl2lt40 youtube.com/watch?v=mWlpMU7z7-o youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_8BpfICZw
The game is now out, The first DLC character, Monster Hunter trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=90Fkgjv1pJc
After the crowdfunding campaign, there are still chances for Dark Heart and her arcana through revised stretch goals for BackerKit: arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Black Manta released: twitch.tv/videos/173298261
Black Manta, Hellboy and Raiden revealed for the second Fighter Pack DLC characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9GCcS755Q
Version 3.0 released with full remap controls and the next free DLC character, Lola Pop: youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI
Jubei is out on consoles and PC along with CF2.0 balance update. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview
Tekken Bowl and costumes are out: youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd. Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM
Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
youtube.com/watch?v=_1qKSItMgkw
youtube.com/watch?v=_x-UKKmIWmM
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/nK2xU
archive.fo/R3q0b
i.imgur.com/Yyjykno.jpg
clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousFurtiveGerbilVoteNay
autokal.com
archive.fo/PRSTe
archive.fo/n9esu
archive.is/H0IJC
youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M
teamcherry.com.au/about/
docs.google.com/document/d/1S_hLvm4zu99hOa10YXRC0dSb0AkQHy451UUGjTVAw-Y/edit
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/FAQ#Where_do_I_start.3F
archive.fo/QHGHi
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216801/snk-new-project
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well tits, I guess I'll just repost this here.

Is there any chance that DBFZ will have some old DB/DBZ/DBGT music for battles? The Japanese versions of some of the older DBZ games did this, and Arcsys usually has song selections, but I fear that Funimation will cheap out on the song licenses again.

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Fight of Gods version 1.0.3 released: steamcommunity.com/games/612930/announcements/detail/1474223766994349641
Punch Planet latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=_1qKSItMgkw
Cerebrawl v0.6.6 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=_x-UKKmIWmM
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Jaguar in the 1.4 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9-pqKvisQ
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
Don't forget to post your mains.

Is the KI windows7 port good?
Or does it have some bullshit?

Can a fighting game have too many mechanics?

You know where it belongs.

Siege is OP

< OP Corrections

Apart from opening and ending themes, it's extremely unlikely; the main composer for the series (the show and the games) was found guilty of plagiarism a few years back, so now they avoid using any of the music he worked on.
If you played the HD re-release of Budokai 1 + 3, and wondered why all the music became a random collection of tracks from other games, embed related is one of many reasons why.

duck/hop is essentially dodge split into a high & low version right?

I'm well aware of Yamamoto's bullshit, I was wondering more about stuff like OPs, EDs, and insert songs. I'm still shocked that he managed to get away with stuff like your embed for so long. What was the straw that broke the camel's back again? A song in Kai that sounded like something from Terminator Salvation?

Maybe, but SSVs isn't the case if the only example against it is a guy getting stomped in the corner because he doesn't know how to play

Pointy Boi main here. If you unironically main rhino threat you need to get the hell out of my face.

Who is the best character to start out with in tekken 7? Im playing alot of paul, but is there anyone else i should try?

How the hell do you ironically main someone?>>13491783
Alisa, Katarina, Lili and Asuka are pretty good beginnerfag characters, but you should just check all the characters yourself and just use the one whose playstyle fits yours the most, maybe find someone good who plays that character and watch their matches.

Obviously I pick Cat with a Gat. Everyone apart from Cock seems to be weak to his zoning.

And I drew some OC.

Starting out with old characters is in general a bad idea in any fighting game because they are too honest and more experienced players will know the matchup inside and out while you will struggle against all opponents and your will to play will drain.

I suggest trying out any of the newcomers in T7 as they have very strong points. While they certainly lack in others, learning how and when to use your strong points will certainly increase the lifespan of your enjoyment.

Its ranked isn't crossplay and it doesn't have a free version, except for these I haven't noticed anything bad so far

The new characters of T7 were specially made for newcomers to have easy time, you can just pick up Claudio or Kat

FighterZ looks really tight, but I really wish they would've gone with the DB / early Z art style instead of the newer one where everyone looks too wide and bulky. And that they were doing sprites instead of that fugly GG cel shading thing.
Obvious characters that should totally be in: Roshi Jackie Chun alt, Satan, Ginyu (just for body swap shenanigans), and maybe even Kid Goku for those fat power pole and nimbus moves, plus ape transformation.

They already did a shitload of DB sprites, but they were for the 3DS game. I'd imagine it'd be a pain in the ass to make bigger versions though, but the 3DS sprites are close to SF3 quality.

Why don't we like GG art again? I understand it's a visual trick that shortcuts the cost of sprites, but it's never been ugly to look at. In fact it's one of the better looking fighters out there imo, and by extension DBFZ looks amazingly close to the source material.

You fool.
You can't hide from pointy boi.
His "Ruff Combat" skill blows cat out of the water

Hell, I main Siege and I have no trouble getting cat in the corner for an Iron Launcher loop.

there will be no survivors

I don't know about "we", but the GG-style doesn't do it for me. It's supposed to come off as looking 2D and fool you, but I think it usually just looks really awkward.

Previous thread: archive.is/nK2xU

Anyone going to buy PUNCH PLANET?

Art's great but 4 characters seems a bit restricting.

Sprites benefit from every pixel being intentional. Xrd is a very pretty game but it doesn't fully eclipse +R.

I'll wait until it's released and it's not even in early access yet

Well, it is a passion project made by three people…

Actually they already started work on the 5th character.

He's called "Agent G" or something and he's like a space police sentai hero.

He's a shoto because none of the first four characters are shotos

Tell me, which isn't nowadays? Every console have you by the balls, and are much worse than Steam, because every steam game can be cracked, but not consoles, not anymore.

I plan to get it, and Pocket Rumble too. This is much better than AAA fighters because they still try new styles. After I saw this art from Bayeuxman, I thought: could a cellshaded MK work? I think it could.

You can't defeat me.

I'm curious, I'll keep a look.

I guess you'll hate even more the style but based on the current roster The three humans got in and Tenshinhan doesn't have Mafuba and considering Muten Roshi got a huge spotlight recently in Super, maybe you can keep your hopes for him. I don't know about Satan. He usually enters as the joke character but I don't know if they want to spend so much in a character to be virtually useless Unless we get some #18's style of assists with Videl, Buu and Great Saiyaman, don't know. The villains list in DBZ are pretty limited in a way that, aside from Cell and Frieza, every other is a reformed bad guy or was some sort of antagonist before being friends with Goku so even Ginyu might have a chance.

There is Rera but even being bad, I still like to use her.

NRS cell-shaded? Might be good.

Back to KOF14…

Some people don't like it because of the publisher but I think it's a pretty neat game.

It beat Fantasy Strike to the punch on making a "simple execution" fighter, but did it a lot better. All the characters have 12 HP and non-grab attacks generally do one damage each.

Apparently they were going to have a Fantasy Strike character as a guest character but there was some falling out between Sirlin and the PR devs

Speak for yourself, I love the style.

I don't see any reason to.

Weird, on Xbox One KI, Shin Hisako and Eagle are free, but not Killgore? WTH?

Wasn't Killgore being used to fund KI Cup or something? Maybe that's still a thing.

I did:

I personally don't have a problem with it. I've seen maybe one instance of clipping in the game and it's barely noticeable; that's outstanding compared to SFV or MvCI.

That'd be cool. Also, despite the clipping I liked SFIV; however, with the visual direction SFV has gone, I think Street Fighter would greatly benefit from a GG-esque style in any sequel.

Oops, and that's why I try to not to post this early in the morning.

What's good about SFV?

Chun Li's legs.

Nothing, apart from Juri.

Nothing…unless you count Jurifags on suicide watch a good thing.

Nope, Capcom ruined her with sjw-approved censorship and making her unplayable-tier like Alex and Fang.

That's why I said "nothing apart from". That includes the games balance. and the censorship is easily fixed with a mod. My statement is more of a testament to how bad SFV is than how good Juri is in it.

Wasn't Kilgore actually Eagle anyway?

Daily reminder that Yuzuriha is best girl.

No looks like femishit

How exactly does this look like femishit? This shit looks sexualized as hell.

Go back to working on your shitty game

You still haven't provided an argument as to why it's "femishit," or defined what "femishit" actually is.

Chun's model and a good chunk of her alternates.
FANG's theme.
The remade SF2 stages look pretty nice.

Sounds like an admission she got ESPN'ed.

Look like gay american cartoons

I'd like to thank the user who had that VF5FS room, even though I dunno if I joined the right room because when I got home I couldn't find anything until 2 rooms popped up after half an hour, so I just picked the first one. Still, I had a good time.

Look at this faggot shamelessly shilling for his shitty game and changing his IP.
Pathetic…

Get ready to laugh
archive.fo/R3q0b

Wait did his fans really boost him?

Oh well, shit niggers, I was 106th in the world in Nosgoth, out of the 3k people that played that game, I guess I'm hot shit now.

Bet he's already fallen from top 100.

It might bring about a new Dark Age of Fightan, where Capcom is kill and lesser-known, better-made fightan take the spotlight. And ESPN gets the finger.

I think it's more likely that nobody plays that piece of shit and if they did, they dropped it quickly. Also, just watch his videos on any fighting game, he either doesn't understand what the fuck is happening in the game (usually happens in non-Capcom fighters) and/or he fakes it so that he has an excuse for sucking shit.

I still don't get how ESPN is desperate enough to require esports viewership. I'm not american but you'd think a sports channel with stuff as wildly liked as rugby football, baseball and basketball would keep it not needing fucking esports.

I think it's ESPN2 that airs it and it has stuff like poker. I don't really know the difference because I haven't had those channels in ages but apparently Disney owns over half of it.

The jew will not rest until it has attained every shekel and has every goy addled in front of the tv.

I'm guessing that in their eyes e-sports is a way to reach an audience that previously never gave a shit about their content.

That it does.
Cheeky cunts.

I want kolin to step on my dick tbh fam

Sounds more like a new golden age, given the way Capcom is now - it would be a mercy killing.

And yes, commercialized e-sports as a whole can just fuck right off.

Apparently ESPN has been bleeding viewers for a long time, largely due to their shoving left-wing politics into everything. Somehow they haven't noticed that most of America is sick of that and it makes them turn off the TV - yes, even if it's football.

The stuff with the kneeling apparently pissed a lot of normalfags off, even they don't seem to like virtue signaling while watching sportsball negroe worship

Oh, was that where the nigger players would kneel for black lives matter before every game or something?

Yeah, while the anthem was playing. It's so they take a stand against Racism™ which is ingrained into America or something like that, don't really know the specifics since I'm not a burger.

Nice, ill have fun stomping on all the newcomers. Aso shame on Microjew for not making any marketing at all for the steam release, it just came in quietly

They should be shot.
That's your standard ABLOO ABLOO MUH SLAVERY, which of course is only ever used as an excuse by people who know nothing about slavery. God, niggers are the fucking worst.

On the topic of ESPN, a player called Fuudo (Food?) was forced to use R.Mika's alternate costume because ESPN faggotry.

There you have it then. At some point, there was a argument about it being a artistic choice but I'd say that's not the case.

ONE. JOB.

People being fed up with it would explain why Trump openly called them "sons of bitches" and no one outside the media and leftist useful idiots saw a problem with that.
I'm not a burger but I did find the fact that the one player, a army veteran, who decided to go stand for the anthem (everyone else stayed in the locker beating each other off) being forced to apologize for it absolutely disgusting.

The stunning and brave sportsball multi-millionaires are victims of systemic racism. If they want to take a stand against racism maybe they should stop beating their wives or run dog fight rings.
It's just another anti-Trump tantrum; a lot of those idiots were Hillary supporters.

Yes and in the last EVO, one guy in top 8 couldn't use Cammy's default costume and was forced to change to a alt that covered her ass.

Polite sage for double posting.

Someone post the images from last thread of that NRS modeler's instagram where he mentioned WB covering up Wonder Woman's ass and making all the superheroes less sexy.

ah

Good gameplay, people complain it's slow and thus not fun, but that is subjective. I like slow games and the whole idea of making every hit matter. I suppose it doesn't make much of a show for the people that just wants to look.
Please don't confuse what i said with it being a good game, i mean the gameplay is the only salvageable part of it, but it's buried under all the downright wrong and or questionable practices.

Too busy playing it to post it about it.

That was an argument only posed by censorship apologists. Anyone with a functioning brain could see it was censorship from the moment her in-game model showed up with that undersuit, especially after seeing her in Cammy's prologue story.

Gundam Versus just came out and no one mentioned it in the OP? Well at least there's Virtual-ON in there. Anyway there's a few things to know about Gundam Versus if you plan on vetting it.

>You can't stream the game from your PS4 due to (((Bamco))) blocking it with the excuse of all the EDs and OPs in the game

If that doesn't bother you, then there's still a pretty fun game behind it. Here are some tips for new players.

I hope this helps.

That would be Fulgore. Killgore is an "prototype".

If it is the developer, it's OK, since he qill need to read the good and bad stuff people talk about the game. It really needs a demo though.

It brought back The Dark Ages™, which means Arika is back, SNK is back, KI got a Steam release, Injustice 2 is kind of cool Hellboy, Starfire, Cheetah and Black Canary were good additions, GGXrd got 3D graphics right, many indies from East and West are releasing good stuff. The only downside was the fact that Bamco fucked Tekken and SC and Sega don't want to touch VF, but the PS3 emulation is looking nice, and, in some years we might have all of them on PC.

kek, online points don't matter. I was as high as 11th in SF4CE's early going because I was one of the only players.

ESPN will show women's beach volleyball but not uncensored Juri. That sounds like an admission that 2D > 3D on their part.

He was. I bet Punk wasn't allowed to use Karin's beach alt in Top 8 this year either.
It does mean Food, btw.

F

It's sad that this fact is still in question amongst normalfags

Cat with a Gat's only good for bodying scrubs who haven't learned.
Even Gecko Pecko and his wall-based gimmicks are more useful.

Of course DSP can only make top 100 when everyone wqho's any good at the game refuses to play.
wew lad.

No, you are pathetic. You couldn't even reply my first question.

Probably at most expect the credits to be the ending for Dragon ball since the games love doing that.

Ditto but for me, the problem is that most characters seem extremely linear. Every gameplay video I watch it's the same routine played ad nauseam. Take Kolin, per instances, Poongko plays her really well but it's watching EX stab hands to air grab over and over.
Defensive play is also non-existant and unorthodox characters like FANG are garbage.

Well, at the time, I gave them benefit of the doubt. Stupid of me, I know. And there was also the latex fetishists going all "This actually makes me harder."

Reminder Disney/ESPN aired a nigger getting lynched.

Quick question: Somebody gave me a ps4 gift card and I figured I'd use it as a chance to get into either Guilty Gear or BlazBlue since I haven't touched either franchise in a LONG time. I'd like to know which would be more worthwhile between Rev 2 and Central Fiction. Any advice?

I think one of the lobby songs from the beta was a remix of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, so I have high hopes that even if we don't get old music what we do get will sound very familiar.

They are. In 4, you could tell top players apart even if you hid their names and forced default colors and costumes. Not so in 5; I find it sad I couldn't tell you Fuudo from Luffy.
What if all of the non-existent casual spectators get bored of Sonic Booms and Hadoukens? I wish people had shut up about SSF4 being "too campy" and adapted, because Capcom seems to have taken it the wrong way and gone full retard pushing rushdown above all else. Now everything sucks.
It would've taken a lot of playtesting to make an original moveset like his work. But, they had to rush the game out for muh Pro Tour so enjoy an unfinished character.

Things would've turned out very differently had FChamp clutched it out and eliminated Tokido at 7th.
Not that it matters, anyway, because SF5 is to fighting games what dog shit is to the bottom of your shoe.

Monky bizness OTG tech is too strong.

I think Guilty Gear is a bit more approachable, but they are made by the same company so many of the system mechanics will be similar. I only have experience with GG, but from what I hear BB has more fucked balance and more touches of death, whereas GG has many mechanics to prevent truly degenerate combos and softly limit combo damage. Despite that, many characters can eat 70% off the wrong hit.

I don't think BB has anything like Roman Cancels, and I fucking love that system in Xrd so you know where I stand; there's a bunch of degenerate offence you can use to combo the shit out of people, and having all that be viable really tickles my fancy. Being able to cancel anything into anything (and eat your opponent's inputs) is such a cool concept, too, and other games kind of feel limited without it.

I think GG has a larger American playerbase, too, so that may be a factor if you want to attend locals. Embed related is a general video about the game's appeal.

Thanks for the video, I tend to like "system guides" (like the ones for JoJo's and KOF that get posted every now-and-then). I had seen a comment or two about BB's balance and how there's likely an inevitable balance update re-release at some point. Considering the price and all (BB is still $60), I went with Rev 2.

Kilgore is a Fulgore prototype. The old story was that Ultratech did something to Eagle and somehow used him for the development of the Fulgore prototype. It's generally assumed that they pulled Eagle's brain out and put it into Fulgore, but KI 2013 says they just used his brain waves for the combat AI.

It's a company trying to gain a new demographic. The answer can easily be summed up with the words "we want money".

I'll ask here, but anyone wouldn't happen to have a spare download of the Madcatz TE2 xinput driver?

The driver download page is ded.

That "rhino threat" one would actually make a really cool fighting game character. If he swung that knife around like a pro while getting himself thrown around a bit by the momentum it could work in a really cool way.

I didnt choose the low tier life, it chose me.

If you are using Windows 10 you're shit out of luck james.

fug

Probably too late, but I found Xrd a disappointment. I was never a fan of RomanCancel style of mechanics to extend combos so you guys know how I feel about MAX and Drive Cancels in KOF even if I like both XIV and XIII in their own way and both the purple and red ones reeks of FADC that I hated in SFIV benefiting defensive or mistakes of the users. You couldn't tech throws in -SIGN-, the guts system makes HP bars blatanly lying in their size and Danger Time (a RNG mechanic) is just retarded to be in any fighting game.
Besides, wasn't Xrd the meme "turn based combat" during the -SIGN- days? The game is pretty, May is cute and fun with her dolphins but I didn't really like the system itself. From what I heard, I would like the AC+R much more. Maybe will get Rev2 in a good sale.

In Blazblue I like how each character was initially made to play in "their own way" so you have completely different characters like Hakumen, Taokaka and Izanami. Rapid Cancel, Overdrives and burst are more "simple" general mechanics and the combo game was heavily toned down after the second game (Continuum Shift). Balance flutuats between patches and considering a new one came out a few weeks ago, it's hard to set in stone a new tier list.
Central Fiction is the end of the story that started in the first game (Calamity Trigger) and was released at the end of 2015, came to consoles in mid 2016 and there's no sign of a new version. After Jubei, there's hardly any character left to be made playable Torakaka? More LN/spin off characters?. The team has clearly moved on to Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.
Also, Central Fiction got a huge sale right before Jubei was out last month and both Es(was free in the 1st week) and Mai are on -50% discount.

The only real offenders of BB's balance are Izanami and Nine, and they recently got hit in the latest patch. I don't think I've seen a single touch of death outside of gimmicky Hakumen "combos" either, and the closest thing to roman cancels are rapid cancels.

Trinity Glassfille, before getting seal away.

Chun li generally looks nice in her entirety. Other characters seem to have this weird face thing going on when something is not quite right even if you can't place your finger on it but I have no complaints about Chun.

Remember when ESPN used to generally (and still do) make fun of gamers? Now they want that money and retarded e-celebs will let them for some cheap validation. People don't understand how good we had it when gaming was just seen as some loser kid toys thing everyone made fun of.

Is it just me or are there an unusually large number of fighting games coming out lately/on the horizon?
I thought this was supposed to be that genre for the hardest of the hard-core crowd that doesn't sell too well and thus not many developers bother to make in the first place.

Blizzard™ fightan when?

As soon as Riot gives them something to copy

I should follow burgerland news more. This is glorious.

YRC was a mistake, it's one of my biggest issues with Xrd. They should've just kept FRCs and made the windows on FRC moves huge. Also I really dislike the slow down and input eating of RCs in Xrd

Biggest issue with Xrd is that all the newbies except Kum are terrible and derivative.

second biggest issue, is that the old cast is either outright inferior/simplistic compared to previous incarnations or a straight port from reload. AC+R is still played by some of the GG folks for a good reason

The RC system in Xrd explicitly rewards aggression. Taking YRCs as a baseline, RRCs are better in every way (less startup, more invincibility, more time dilation, more eaten inputs) and thus cost more meter. PRCs cost the same as RRCs but they're worse than those in every way (more startup, I believe less invincibility but I could be wrong, less time dilation, less time to eat inputs). There is literally no benefit to doing a PRC when you could do an RRC.

You can use a PRC as an "oh shit" button, but it costs as much meter as a super and kills your meter gain for the near future. It can cover mistakes, but it hardly benefits bad play.

What's wrong with it, exactly?

In what ways? Answer is sort of similar to Chipp, Leo is middling, and Elphelt isn't terribly complicated, but Bedman, Ramlethal, Sin, Jack-O, and Raven all have interesting mechanics. The execution of these mechanics might be questionable (wew vanilla Raven), but the foundation is there.

lili, shaheen, claudio, katarina, kazuya/heihachi, asuka, miguel, leo. anyone who is well documented will be easy enough to start with. when it comes right down to it though, just pick the character you like the most because that's what will motivate you to git gud, besides that tekken fundamentals are largely based around universal mechanics and buttons that every character has. tekken is a fucking hard game and mastering any character is gonna require dedication

what? people have been streaming versus for months

high cost suits are far more beginner friendly & reduce the risk of feeding and causing overcost. low cost suits are largely gimmick based

YRC in neutral with the slowdown lets the player spend 25 meter to force a way in from neutral non commitally, you carry momentum from what you were doing before the RC so you can (i)ad iyrc or startup of a propelling move and the opponent doesn't have the option of reacting outside their own YRC due to the the slowdown for them and the input eating but you get to react since the slowdown and cancelling of the action means you can block if they already threw something out. You could still have the same scenario but smarter with throwing out a move then FRCing into an iad or jump if they decided to throw out a big move to punish you, or even counter whiff punish to catch their punish attempt. Same result but more commitment and no artificial restraints on the players. I'm not inherently against meter to get in, I like FRC to make safe approaches or setup oki but I prefer how that functions since it's specific moves meaning you still have to commit relatively to an action beforehand and the opponent isn't arbitrarily forced into an automatically worse scenario where they don't have the option to challenge you. YRC you can just do to make an approach safer with no commitment to anything.

Who's ready for the next big kusoge?

WHERE ARE ALL THESE FIGHTING GAMES COMING FROM HOLY SHIT

Airdash YRC and divekick YRC are pretty degenerate. YRC doesn't really add anything over FRCs except gimmicks and a slower game pace. I don't understand why PRC needs to exist, it overlaps with burst (you fucked up really bad and need to burn resources to escape) except it costs less and you can use it to punish someone for trying to punish you.

To hear older players put it, the new characters just have too much stuff. Leo has rekkas and flash kicks and sonic booms and a runthrough and a stance and a parry and a reversal super and a trap/rebuy super and a divekick and a hard knockdown off every air combo and good projectile oki and good meaties and an unblockable, and it's not like his buttons or damage or neutral are remarkably bad either.

I'm very interested in buying KI on steam, I play it a bit with my roomate on his xbone, but what's the PC playerbase looking like? I can't justify buying many fighting games on steam simply because nobody plays them, with the exception of T7 and somewhat SFV (I imagine DBFZ with get a pretty good following as well). Is it worth it to get KI?

I can assure a good portion of the active player base in the other versión is going to buy this one just to ditch microsoft xbox live shit. I calculate that playerbase must be around the 2000s

Doesn't KI have crossplay between the 3 platforms it's available on?

Please fighting games, please die once more so this shit can stop

Except for ranked it does, I don't know if Steam only ranked is active or not yet I haven't tried it yet

emphasis on "derivative". there's nothing special about any of the newbies, and they try to stuff in "muh mechanics" to cover really simplistic characters.

see: sin, raven, and then jack-0 who is deceptively simple

ramlethal is an abortion btw, she's a melty blood character with 15 sec. combos

Imagine Injutass x MK
WW's fatality is a NECK SNAP

About KI: I was playing Shadow Lords SP and came across a mission named Shadowborn or something. Is that mission online? Because I'm sure it connected to internet before that, my enemy had a username and I'm sure I got teabagged after losing. Or is it like ghosts in Tekken?

C A P C U C K S

Did the KI dev/publisher pull any bullshit i should be aware of?
It seems like a good game.

Looks shit but fun. I might like.

Not just Arcsys games. In SF4, you can tell the old characters because they got nothing (*koff*Dictator/Dee Jay*koff*) while the newer characters seems to have all the tools.
What the hell is GUILE suppose to do vs DECAPRE?

What is this?

It appears to be Street Fighter: the Novel.

My new fap material today. Thanks.

Chunners or Elena? Both?

^^b
i.imgur.com/Yyjykno.jpg

Please leave.

But i just came. (Get it?)

Play solid.

Huelander tournament happening right now with Xrd and later KOFXIV

Today's schedule. There's also Tekken7 and KI in other streams right now.

clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousFurtiveGerbilVoteNay

The video basically brings up a glitch that makes certain moves overheads you can't even block (Dante seems to be infamous for this).

BioWare: Mass Effect Andromeda might just be the blunder of the year.
Capcom: Hold my beer.

Reminder that Capcom will never learn from their mistakes.

Concept art for the DLC characters data-mined. Nothing surprising.

They're really gonna do it? They're gonna pull their fighting games are unprofitable meme again like the last "dark age" as an excuse for not having to make new games.

hahahaha

autokal.com

Here is a good site that shows some tournament info too. It's always updated and adjusts to your local time zone so you don't have to calculate. It also links the streams.
Bretty good.

Injustice has 437 players active atm according to Steamcharts. Is online of this game seriously still active?

MUH DICK

lol

lol, the girl comes with a dildo

It truly is MvC Infinite

No fucking way this can work on a player.
Or is capcom truly that incompetent?

Nigger that's training mode and he has infinite infinity meter

The fuck's the infinity meter? The gem thing?

then you have maximilian shilling hard for this game and claiming it's super well balanced and there aren't any combos that will kill you in a loop. What a faggot.

Yeah, it's Infinite's gimmick that conveniently ties in with the Cinematic Universe.

I'll wait until this starts happening in actual matches.

It's encouraging that they're using a typical Venom design instead of going for Flash Thompson's Agent Venom design, which would basically just be a symbiote with guns.

It really is Movie Tie-ins vs. Functions.

What the fuck is with the voice acting? Spider Man sounds like he has cancer.

But you'd think Capcom would have some common sense to prevent shit like this from happening even in training modes.

Max isn't gonna risk his Youtube career and weed supply, so of course he's gonna shill the fuck out of this game.

To play Devil's advocate here - getting FGC celebs panties' in a twist is not a bad a thing. Quite the opposite.

I think that was more of an awkward moment than a racist moment (reminder Mike Ross is an attention whore cunt). The issue is more that he's another little Jew fuck who doesn't give two shits about the scene or fighting games, and is just in it for MUH ESPORTS like all the other ass-holes (Gllty, Lowtiergod, CujoKate, etc). I could say I've been playing fighters since SF2, but that doesn't make me part of the fgc or some shit.

still no Angel Diabla model

Then let them eat each other. Get enough of these dipshits cluttered, and eventually they're gonna want to draw the Oppression Olympics lines and start bickering over their place in the progressive stack.
Maybe this guy will trigger it all. A kikalyst, if you will.

I know KoF isn't as popular but that's odd. Then again, I don't see the regular models getting a lot of mileage either.

shouldn't the glitch combined with the tag system result in a whole bunch of unblockable setups?

What the fuck happened to Josh Keaton?

Words fail me.

I know it's farfetched, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ono, John D, and Capcom stole shit from a Mugen game. I mean, John D did use a mod for his shitty Esports video after all, so anything is possible.

This is so sad.
archive.fo/PRSTe
archive.fo/n9esu

I remember watching some match in whatever game and someone was using a cat that had a low kick faster than the flinch from being hit by it. Once it started they'd just wait until the combo limit came up and the guy getting hit would get i-frames to get out of it. Then once he was in the lead he'd switch to mega man and just gradually float into the air and be unreachable until the timer ran out. It was the most bullshit match I have ever seen.

Also, the mugen roster looks much more better.

X and Iron Man…don't look any better honestly. They really look like $10 Warlmart toys.

I'm pleased they failed, but why are they even attempting to hide the fact it sold like shit? It won't make sales appear out of nowhere, their tactic of "pretend all is fine" didn't make people buy SF5 after release. Is it to not scare off investors?

Capcucks with MLP icons are the last people investors are going to listen to.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. The mechanics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the series' deep lore most of the meta will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Marvel's peerless outlook, which is deftly woven into the roster- their choices draw heavily from top quality cinema, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these elements, to realise that they’re not just true - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Marvel vs Capcom Infinite truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the truth in Combofiend's statement that "Characters are simply functions." which itself is a cryptic reference to Plato's timeless classic, 'Republic'. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Capcom's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

I'm sure someone can do this better. Polite sage for shitposting

Aside from the Plato stuff, you were spot on imitating a snobby Capcuck like Ultradave or Chen. No one from the fgc reads shit like Plato unless it's for college or high school.

I assume there's no way to remove that shit.

God that music sucks.

As OP as Danvers is I say fucking let him have it

ftfy

Oh, the Reality meter goes up when you USE the power? I would have thought the opposite. That's fucking stupid.

That's how they all work.

You got me there.

And that's also fucking stupid.

Have some more
>>>/vp/331

Where's my 3 kingdoms fighter?

Sangokumusou/Dynasty Warriors 1

Tai chi sword style! nice.

Searching for it now

How the fuck did I never notice that? I seriously thought the game was developed solely by Crafts & Meister, who I'm now finding out are the Gundam Breaker devs. It's a small world after all.

This is why I hate lootboxes and card games.
I'll still play it because you can't go wrong with Puzzle Fighter, but I won't give Capcom a single cent because they've given me the best shit for free.

CPT MVCI tournament, battle for the eggs only had 8 people enter in a 64 man bracket.

Hpws the online?

Pretty grim on PC. It's currently getting beaten by SFV, MKX, Tekken 7, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, last year's NBA game, Lawbreakers, the demo for Euro Truck Simulator 2, Day of Defeat: Source, Bad Company 2, SupCom:FA, and it's beating Injustice 1 by four players.

Momentary player counts, not 24 hour peaks, so it's mostly for a laugh but it's a pretty good laugh.

Is it wrong if i want to give Helena a full body tongue bath?

Is that tournament an important one or some irrelevant shit? I had bigger tournaments in TTT when I was in highschool, 8 is really fucking bad

Also would love answers to these posts if anyone knows

Inj2 is probably coming to PC and is probably similiar to Inj1, since it's discounted atm I would like to try it if its online is still active. I never played that game

We went from having UMK3 and MK9 to MKX: XL-SJW-Tumblr Edition. We went from having secrets to giggle and think about to day one disc-locked content (Goro and technically Bo) and fucking microtransactions; some requiring you to play a shitty game that has more microtransactions. We went from Kerry Hoskins and Becky Gable to fucking Ashley "leftist-sjw-femist-cunt" Burch, a ruined Sonya, and an even worse Mileena. We went from Mileena being a beautiful, ugly mess in corny pics to Mileena getting killed by a bug bitch no one likes (character and gameplay wise). We went from having Boon be a…wait, Boon was always a cunt.

What the fuck happened guys?

That Steven Universe-tier art is making me want to puke, so no.

I wouldn't say they 'ruined' Mileena, but not much compares to the sheer fappability of her in MK9.

I tried to look for it on Android, but I guess Capcom still hates Androids.

archive.is/H0IJC

"Try not to be too obvious"

These points literally flew over the Capcuck's head. He missed the points that the DoA girls and popular Moba characters get more shit than everybody else, and no one is liking it. The kicker is he whined about Juri not getting costumes, but he's okay how Capcom and Sjws ruined her.

The poor girl got BURCHED, I think she deserves being treated. Have a heart, man.

Anyway, together with the upcoming modes and stages, a Super SFV sounds more and more likely.

How's MKX, gameplay, netcode, PC playerbase, music and sex appeal wise?

DELET THIS

I have some bad news.

I saw some videos of kombat cup and I like Tanya and Mileena's Classic costume isn't so bad(at least the backstory isn't) but her face looks like ass, same for Kitana's. Also muh waifu jade isn't there and they aren't tittymonster halfnaked ninjas like 9 which is a shame. Gameplay wise this whole character variation thing is pretty appealing but I wonder on how good or bad the execution is.

do any of you niggers actually play or is this just a hate circle jerk? im ultra bronze/silver and my cfn is nana1472 if any of you play clay fighter

I don't know which is worse: that they made her look small and weak or that they ruined her shark mouth just for that lesbo kiss

If you want to play Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, I'm ga-

id be down for tekken or 3rd strike(ps3 or fightcade) too

Are you on PSN? I can play in about 2 hours, don't expect a pro or anything because I haven't played it in years

You better believe I'm on PSN. I'm down for games any time.

You better not say "Wanna play T7 on PS4." Gimmie your IDs when ready to roll.

Alright, my man. I'll let ya know when I'm free, but as I said I expect it'll probably be in 2 hours because my brother is playing Near a Tomato. Just go to custom player match when I say I'm ready because in my experience nobody fucking plays VF5FS anymore (at least not here in Europoor). You'll know me when you see me because I'll probably be the only guy there.

give me a few minutes to download vf5 ive never played the series so ready your bully

okay PSN is Cabuski47 ready whenever

Meta and balance are very bad too.

Let this sink in for a moment that a smash rip-off or some other shit game has more owners than MvCI.

Yes like GG Isuka with the manual turn around button.

I'm ready, go to worldwide player match, if nobody shows up in half an hour I'll leave and go cry myself to sleep

DUNK

It was a capcom pro tour tournament for points to quality for capcom cup so it should of had a few entrants.

It sold far less then I expected which is good, I thought you'd get a bunch of comic fags buying just because it was marvel.

Is blazblue central fiction worth buying on steam? I'm above average at marvel and I've played a bit of Xrd. I just don't want a dead online with only 24/7 no lifers.

They don't even buy the Marvel comics.

I bet marvel has people buy massive stacks just to inflate sales in order to pretend that people buy their comics. That shit has been unreadable since like the early 2000s.

That's all you're going to get, at least that's how it is here in AU's. I no life it online with friends from nz to practice for locals since no one plays online.

Aus

It's all come full circle.
A truly amazing experience. GGs to all who participated.

It is, you just have to set up lobbies because ranked is a joke, like most Arcsys games.

No one out of Sjws in their little circles buys shit like TumblrSquirrel, Hellcat, and Ms Mudslime: Defender of Rapists and Terrorists. I would see stacks of Ms Mudslime or Tumblrsquirrel in one comic shop because no one like a superhero that defends Arab & Muslim rapists nor a fat tumblr bitch who not only replaced her squirrels with a useless tranny faggot, but is also useless because her only superpowers are whining and being a fat, annoying bitch all of the time. Tumblrsquirrel and Hellcat are dead, but Marvel is gonna push Ms Mudslime like there's no tomorrow.

I went back to a comic shop that used to have fighting game nights in my turf. He was lying through his teeth that Tumblrsquirrel is a good comic with great art because he was only saying that shit to look good infront of hipsters for money. The fucker is lucky he sells Mtg, and his typical customers play that shit in his shop. He had a partner who got sick of his shit, and moved onto other things in another state.

I wish I could get my ps3 up and running.

Thanks, also the room I joined earlier this week obviously wasn't this one since there were no Jackys in that one. Also as I said I'm kinda embarrassed that I do better with my secondary than my main and my secondary is fucking Akira. You'd think it would be easier to remember how to play Jean after a long absence. Looking forward to be playing more with you guys again.

She has a great theme but she isnt cutesexy enough to beat Yuzuriha

It's on Android, just that it's only out in certain countries right now, you have to wait for the American release.

You're both wrong. Fisting Loli is the best because her air scoots and command grabs

I know MvCi is dead on arrival, but what they could've done was had multiple styles to their gameplay. I mean, Ultron-Sigma has two infinty stones and the option to use two isn't even available. Just everything about MvCi looks incomplete.

Technically speaking, Skullgirls let you pick how many characters you have on a team first, but I see your point. inb4 Josh has a meltdown because someone mentioned Skullgirls

The second link in the Them's Fightin Herds section is wrong. It should be embed related. The URL is youtube.com/watch?v=0iGFJK6OI5M if you're feeling lazy.

F U R T R A S H
G A Y T R A S H

usfiv is the best modern fighting game. All the other modern fighters, like MKX, MK9, SFV, Injustice 2 and Tekken suck dick hard. Waifubait at best.

fighting games in a nutshell. Nothing but fetish games. Normal people pick fighting games that feature hot woman, people with trash fetishes pick games that feature that shit. 83f533 is not any different from everyone else here, except for the fact that he is into gay furry shit.

I was on the top 40 of Nosgoth and I earnt money thanks to that
Thanks for reminding me that I lost ez money just by playing casually with a friend

It's been awhile.

Looks like a Mogudan drawing when he was still trying to do realistic body proportions.

A 2-people single player indie game by Ozzies ( teamcherry.com.au/about/ ) have a higher player count than mvci. ie. Hollow Knight.

As much as I despise furries and specially bronies, the gameplay is looking really good. Hope they make a decent fighting game out of their fetish

As much as I despise furries and specially bronies, the gameplay is looking really good. Hope they make a decent fighting game out of their fetish

It is from Mogudan's "big but not absurdly big tits" period, yeah.

Does anyone have a Blazblue (CF) for dummies guide or any learning resources? I got really interested in the game after CEOTaku and I want to learn it. I did the tutorials but I'm still feeling kinda lost.

How much have you improved this year? Be honest.

Posting was fucked for you too, eh?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too. Kind of disappointing meter is only used for supers, but the whole game seems more about fundamentals than anything crazy, so that's fine.

If Elena heals herself after sex, she is technically an eternal virgin? (sings)Bees in my hairrrrrr

This one was posted on SRK.

I was talking to the devs and said that I feel it's too gimmicky to be a good fighter but they said not to worry because they plan to have as much "depth" as possible for a game like this.

I don't see it being anything more than a dumb novelty fighting game like Divekick.

Your choices seem to be level 482 productions or koefficient. I don't know how well those guys are but what specifically are you lost in?

As long as we're talking about furries, Earth Romancer should be mentioned under "other stuff" in the next OP pasta since they have gameplay and are apparently planning a crowdfunding campaign. It looks neat, but I just hope their decision to include a very tiny character as part of the face of the game doesn't come back to bite the dev team during funding - his animations look wonky, and the sword skips a LOT of distance between frames.

The not!Fox character looks much better; the developers would have been better served by making two regular characters to showcase the mechanics.

I went from never having played a fighting game before to knowing enough to know I am awful. It's not much, but I'll take it.

The 2D plane really makes me question what they'll do with it. If they had a 3D space like Pokken, where you could end up controlling four or five different limbs by the end of a round/match, that'd be suitably wacky and unique.

play Guilty Gear instead.

Isn't this just Skullgirls with ponies?

The combo-heavy gameplay is exactly the same. No footsies, no spacing, no fundamentals, it just looks like another game of "land a combo and don't ever drop it".

Is KOFXIV planned for other platforms? eg. Android, arcade, ioS, Switch, Xbone

It's made in the Skullgirls engine. From the gameplay I've seen projectiles are quite strong thanks to the magic system and less busted characters (Velvet and Oleander can both have multiple projectiles onscreen, and Velvet can combo her opponents from fullscreen into super). The aggressive characters usually have only one tool for getting in, such as Arizona's lasso/stomps or Tianhuo's flight/firecrackers, which must be managed carefully.

Yeah I know it's in the SG engine, but I'm talking about the gameplay. It seems like the exact same MvC2-style gameplay they've been trying to mimic in SG.

You do a ground series into an air series into a knockdown or a special into a super. Supers are always used to end combos and you have to do combos to play the game. There's no footsies, no grappling, the game entirely revolves around just doing long combos and resets. It's not like a Street Fighter game where there exist characters who get big damage off single hits or characters that benefit from playing defensively. Is this an accurate assessment?

I don't know why you're bothering.

Will you please fuck off, I'm trying to have a conversation.

Looks better than Kemono Friend Fighters though. Haha,

I like Mogudan's design (in SCRAPPED PRINCESS) but I gave up on him when his proportions got out of whack…

The Smash community is getting a boner knowing MvCI can barely get 10k views during weekend tourneys. It really is karma biting the fgc in the ass.

LOL

The correct term is platform-fighter. :^)

His bodies only got better with time if you disagree you're a homosexual

And you are right

Crap I guess Tekken and SoulCalibur aren't fighting games either :(

Do it yourself: docs.google.com/document/d/1S_hLvm4zu99hOa10YXRC0dSb0AkQHy451UUGjTVAw-Y/edit

There IS an arcade version already with filtering options for stage select but consdering the game on the PS4 being labelled as "PS4 Console Exclusive", even if the Switch might be considered a portable, I don't believe SNK has staff or will hire a third party to make a port for other systems. As for mobile platforms, I don't think it's in SNK plans with the Bokuhero-inspired game and Metal Slug Attack but XIII was released two times, so who knows?

I think HiRez might do it first with Smite. They had been testing with new modes and new games for a while.

About Killgore, he is free on Steam too. But if ypu own an Xbone? Better open that wallet.

Riot is already making a League of Legends fighter.

Riot bought the Rising Thunder devs and they said they're working on a "secret project" that they're really excited about so what the fuck else could it be?

The dutch angle makes Mogudan's proportions to my liking but the yellowstone geyser nipples are EWWWWWWWW. Guess I'm gay for gay girls then.

Video is an arcade machine complete with 'insert coin' ? Japan only, I guess.

Suits of Fate and GUTS. Brazil sure wantes to start a fighting game industry.

Considering Rising Thunder had ASSFAGGOTS-like specials, it wouldn't be too outlandish to say that they've got them developing LoL characters.

Eminem

Goddamn

They might still be making those if they didn't completely fuck up the third one. I still can't believe how fun those ended up being.

Trajes Fatais at least looks good

Would another fighting game starring rappers be well received today?
Who would you like to see in this game if it were ever made?
My pick is MF DOOM

Sorry about the deletion, I fucked up a bit,

That's the thing, HiRez have been trying new stuff, while Riot says they are doing something, but they can't even decide what to do with LoL. I think they had a card game in development for sometime, but it became vapoware. Some arts were out, I think it was called LoL Supremacy.

Velvet's magic meter charges faster if she's far away, and most of her combo tools (multiple projectiles, projectiles that appear relative to your opponent's position, her super, her wind mechanic) are most relevant at fullscreen. Projectiles also do very good damage, so she isn't fucked for trying to zone, and chip is a real factor.

Oleander is more well-rounded, so she can zone if she chooses. She has teleports, a fireball, and traps that fall slowly - not as varied compared to Velvet, but not nothing. Each of her moves can also be powered up by cashing in her full magic meter, and her throw restores one bar of it. Oleander can also charge her magic meter/super meter, so she definitely has a reason to stay away. Her utility super summons a giant Cthulhu demon, which greatly increases her ability to harass people from fullscreen.

It's very aggressive, but given there are only three buttons compared to Skullgirls's six (shorter gatlings), and given the current playerbase has been playing for months/years (and thus optimized all the combos), I think it will avoid the problems Skullgirls had.

I want to kiss Lucy Fernandez

Pre-sellout-douche bag Common would be nice.

MC Ride. Even if he wasn't already the perfect pick for a game about street fights and hip hop, i'd love to see how hard his music would fuck with people while playing.

MC Ride Vs MF DOOM
A match made in heaven.

too bad all the smite characters look and sound like ass.
Besides medusa.

Inspired by THAT Rogue One scene? I personally would NOT have M.Bison fighting mooks; he would be the tank for his troops. As the SF2 anime movie shows, he only fights named characters.

Mc Hammer vs Vanilla Ice

Forgot to add source.

that describes virtually every chain-based fighter starting with vsav and even kof to a large regard.
people who say this don't seem to understand what footsies are

however you categorize it, smash adheres to a different reality than other fighting games and has virtually no crossover to anything besides pokken.

i think everyone except (((respected community leaders))) are enjoying the schadenfreude. capcom has killed pretty much any shred of goodwill they had left and the higher ups clearly don't care about fighting games. i don't really see how they can come back from this.

looks better than wavedash or whatever the game they killed p;m for is called

It's called the Dark Age because it's a term invented from the Capcuck's perspective.

Who is the largest playable character in fighting game history? SFV's Abigail is about 8'0", and SamSho's Earthquake is 9'4", and Kusaregedo is even bigger than that, standing at 14'11". Those are the first examples I can think of when it comes to big guys in fighting games.

KI wiki states Raam as 10'. Aganos or Eyedol might be taller, I'm not sure. Also Injustice has Bane, the biggest guy

He's suppose to be 30 meters/98.42 feet tall but they had to shrink him down for TvC

Galactus in MvC would be huge…

How do i into Darkstalkers?
Looking at the games/rereleases and it's added/missing features between them this is slowly becoming a borderline clusterfuck.
Should i do them chronologically or just go straight to the psp collection and emulate that?

Ignore Darkstalkers Chronicle unless you're just looking for single player content. Either play the PS2 Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection, or Darkstalkers Resurrection or just play Vampire Savior on fightcade if you have a brain and don't mind getting destroyed. Ignore Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2, they add a lot of bugs and changes that make them unpopular.

vsav is the one that people actually play. if you want matches, play it on fightcade during the weekends.
>wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/FAQ#Where_do_I_start.3F

i think the psp version isn't arcade perfect but for casual play it should be fine. the ps3 version has a training mode & some tutorials if you can stomach giving capcom money for a censored game

I'll go with Chronicles first and later on when i get gud i'll try the fightcade as the ps2 darkstalker collection is in moonrunes only.

Name a grappler with a bad theme.
Hint: There's no such thing.

Mostly getting a feel for the flow of the game and understanding when to use the options the game offers.
I'm the kind of person who needs some initial instruction to get going before I can start my self-learning process.
Also, character guides that aren't only combo options with a barebones introduction text would be great.

Xrd Revelator looks booty ugly on my toaster if I want it to run at 60 fps.
Might as well be a sprite-based game rather than 3D with all the aliasing of the outlines - except that it looks like bad pixel-art.
Which is funny considering Xrd Sign ran perfectly, but oh well.

How's CvS2?

One of the best fightans.

Is there still going to be more Injustice2 dlc?

Well they are already pulling out MK characters so it's questionable.

It's already been confirmed from the first DLC trailer that there will be 3 more after Hellboy.

How so? The characters? The groove? The roll-cancelling?

Nice. Who will it be? Any ideas?

Well, try the koefficient one posted earlier for starters

Why are you posting random images?
After Black Manta and Raiden, I have no idea.

I disagree. Has a bad balance with only one groove worth it with Sagat and Blanka being the worst offenders and besides Rock, no SNK character is any good. They don't even play the same as their original games and SNK grooves looks really weird imitations from the original ones.

No it doesn't. Those games do not revolve exclusively around double-digit combo strings. They have lots of characters who score big damage off single hits and who can play defensively. These SG-engine games seem way more rigid in that regard.

I'm not one of those people, and the fact that you say this demonstrates that you're one of those people. SG is a game that revolves entirely around combos, resets, unblockables and vortexing people over and over again, there isn't really much footsies happening in it, it's more of a matter of who manages to throw something out that lands a clean hit. This pony fighter seems to be more of the same thing. Explain to me how I'm wrong about this.

I had a problem like this a month ago, let's see if I can help a fellow user out. What model PS3 are you running? Are you connected through wifi or is it wired to the router?

the non backwards compatible phat model. I tried both wired and wireless but both disconnect a few minutes after connecting

Are you getting an error or not?

Alex's SFV remix.

No error or error code, it just disconnects it's self over a period of time. All my other systems work fine so it's not my internet.
I think it's just time to get a cheap replacement

archive.fo/QHGHi
I want to believe

the character design is made by the same woman who made Super Best Friends Forever and the MLP reboot, she wrote episodes for the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, she likes to make cute and colorful characters
the game is not being made by a fetish hivemind

It's happening.

Nearly everything about the game is good. It has its problems sure as S-Groove being shit and A-Groove being over the top with certain characters making it an Alpha 3 ToD style almost.

There are two versions of CvS2. EO is better balanced for casual play making the shit tier better and the very top a bit weaker but it removed roll cancelling making most of the people butthurt and refusing to play it due to that.

Making up your own shitty A-groove combos is really fun, even more when you manage to pull it out on a real match. Juggling with Terry Rising Tackle or Burn Knuckle jab cancel loop can be absurdly fun even if not really optimal.

In general, the game is really centered about footsies and neutral game with short combos / pokes till someone has enough meter for A-groove combos which is what you'll see most of the time in tournaments. I personally prefer C Groove due to its simplicity and super combo potential which lets you cancel Lv2 supers into anything (Lv1 super, normal or special).

As a neat side note, taunts give meter to the opponent and there's a lot of interactions between characters.

In short, the game is really good if you play it with some friends using demul or dolphin online or local if you have a PS2 with a copy of the game plus friends that would actually want to play.

MvC2 has way worse balance yet it's praised. Why would you say it's bad because of the top if you won't be able to ever reach that level or play against someone at that level?

Iori, Rock and God Rugal are the best from the SNK side sure, SNK grooves are imitations but they are actually good (besides S). The most used grooves after all were A, K and N, two of them being SNK.
They do play like SNK characters but they have extra buttons (mid) and thus feels weird.

It would be a good idea to get people interested in their various IPs before committing to development. And it's not the kikery of "buy shit port so we greenlight sequel" so it might sit well with the public.

The source is a random post at SRK: forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216801/snk-new-project
The same place where another random guy "predicted" KOFXIV's DLC would be a character for each team but didn't predict Rock Howard. Besides,
Even the plot of the first game was just SNK fighting piracy. While I wish for a better NGBC game since the first one was "rough", I think Samurai Shodown has better chance for the being their next game.

MvC2 is a fortunate accident. And the top is not the only problem when Blanka and Sagat are so easy to pick and bully their way in mid-level play.
No they don't. Fireballs works different, rekkas, jumps and autoguard feels weird, and so on. The characters looks like worse version of themselves. If you want viable characters, Hibiki and Nakoruru are also ok-ish but still they don't feel anything like in their original games. Who was the idea of making Athena's SCB vulnerable to moves like Sagat's super and other stuff? And you DO know the grooves are all "inspired" like how K-groove is a mix of Samurai Shodown with Just Defend making it not resembling any of both games, right? It's the same thing in Samurai Shodown VI where the "previous game grooves" don't really play at all like in their original games.

Besides, the roster is really lacking with "safe bets" making the game a glorified "Street Fighter vs. KOF (feat. Kyosuke, Morrigan, Maki, Nakoruru, Haohmaru and Hibiki)" in that aspect I would say SNK vs.Capcom: Chaos did it better with more crazy picks. Too bad the movement in that game is lacking and is full of bugs and retarded stuff like Zero, Dimitri and Geese.

It's not the worst thing ever but is also far from being the holy grail many people believe it is like Garou and you have to understand why some SNK fans don't really want Capcom doing another shot in that franchise.

I still hate Dale, but this made me laugh knowing the fat bitch he roasted is a sjw cosplayer cunt even other cosplayers hate.

Dimitri was good? Goenitz had more bullshit than Dimitri.

We usually say that Capcom is dead, but, I wonder. In the past, they allowed other companies to handle some of their IPs, with some very positive results, like SFEX, BCRearmed, but also really bad games, like DR4
and DmCFor me, I think DmC biggest flop was in being a reboot. If Donte was a new character, like Nero, it wouldn't make fans so offended.
But, what if Arc was tasked to revive Darkstalkers, like they are doing with DBZ, could it work? These picks arw from a contest Capcom had back in 2012.

Nah, people would still hate Donte for being an edgy faggot. These designs out of the Dullahan one suck, and even that one was lame.

Savagery.
For all his crap, I fully agree with LTG when it comes to these attention whores.
Surprised to know that bitch is a sjw though. She makes Yaya look modest.

Phenomenal art and character concept. They'd need to take care to make her only slightly similar to Q-Bee in gameplay.
Even better. There aren't too many whip/flail characters in fightan, and the concept is hilarious. Reminds me of Squigly from Skullgirls, which is a good thing since the only thing about that game was the concept art.
Eh.
I feel like I'm missing another page to explain what those moves are and how she'd animate. Those motions are also really stupid; I'm not sure if a new Darkstalkers entry would/should keep stuff like inverse QCs and inverse DPs.

Maybe Dimitri was in the realm of a "very good character" Zero and Geese were in the bullshit tier as far as I remember.

Forgot to say. In the backer's forum they're teasing the fairy girl and a new build of the game for BGS in 10/12~14.

You do know none of the characters you listed were in so called "leaked roster" that have a lot of KOF and Samurai Shodown "safe bets". Contradicting with the previous game that had more crazy picks like Mudman and Cyber Woo.

He was viable, but Geonitz, Geese, and Zero were in their own league of bullshit (except Geonitz required a little more skill to zone).

Yes, the SNK characters are not totally themselves since they don't have the back roll or the run-jump, but that's pretty much it.
It is true that it's mainly SF vs KoF with some here and there, the weirdest pick would be Maki and Kyosuke, she even kept her desperado move that takes HP away.
Yes, it's "inspired" about the grooves, but works in a similar way.

The roster is not really that lacking, sure I would have loved for more characters but it's quite fine as it is. The only thing I would change from the SNK side is adding Leona or Ralph in exhange of maybe King and from the Capcom side I don't really know what would fit to face SNK that would not break the theme that much, Morrigan is on the limit.

SvC is horrible for many many reasons. I don't really understand why you disagree saying that CvS2 is bad, all you're saying is "SNK doesn't feel like SNK" since the other stuff really doesn't matter. In Vs games many capcom characters do not feel like themselves either as well.

on vacay from home for triggering a janitor, have this webm

sorry for framerate OBS doesn't always play nice with my system

Look at that schnoz

I'm just saying the game is not a good "celebration of both companies" and it's not good to "attract" the SNK crowd to Capcom games just like SFxT didn't really work with the Tekken fans. I would argue that Mai in DOA and Akuma in Tekken7 worked better for that proposal.
As for "roster is lacking" I would say it's similar to MvCI situation that it's not about "quantity" but who they choose to be in the game and how they adapt those choices SNK characters in CvS2 and X in MvCI considering the game is not named "SFxKOF" but "Capcom vs SNK". I mentioned SvC because I think the character selection was better and more "diverse". Same with NGBC that was a "true" crossover of the SNK brand that KOF tried to be in '94 even if I'm not really a fan of what it did on the gameplay aspect. In these games you have crazy picks from King of Monsters, Marco and Mars People from Metal Slug, the original Athena, an older and remodeled Robert Garcia to match Ryo's persona from Buriki One, obscure characters like Shiki from the 64 era and Lee Pai Long from AOF.
CvS2.

I played my fair share of CvS2 back in the arcades along with KOF2002 and MvC2 and it's probably the reason why I hate Blanka and Sagat. The presentation is not that good. Many reused sprites like the infamous Morrigan one on top of some questionable 3D backgrounds.
It's not a bad game but it's not everything that people praise to be. It just could be so much better.

But MvCI is awful user.

Meanwhile I do agree with "it doesnt represent Capcom nor SNK but more SF vs KoF", if they went with their other characters it would totally not blend and it would become a Marvel game, it's really hard to find characters that would not break the theme between the two universes. I'll be honest, I'd love to see Jill Valentine Vs Leona.

Blanka and Sagat were indeed fucking annoying back in the day even today when I play CvS2 online when I see a Sagat with N or K Groove I roll my eyes expecting a hellish round. Another thing I never understood is why SNK characters didn't have proper i-frames on their DPs like the Capcom side had, yeah it's like that in KoF but it doesn't make sense and puts SNK in a worse situation.

Any game could be so much better as well user.
Speaking of Versus, my favourite crossover fighter is still CvS2 followed by MvC1/2 truth be told I still have nightmares of MvC2 top tier bullshittery to the point that made me hate the game for years although I have not tried TvC. What are yours then user?

NGBC's roster wasn't much better even with the crazy picks. Some of those choices flat out sucked, and we didn't need two shitty Mary Sues (or at least they like some of Falcoon's many, many Mary Sues).

Hey guys you know that easy infinate combo to do with Spiderman in MvcI?

Well don't ask for patches, or questions, or anything stupid because Eventhubs has already said that no (((Pro))) Players will use it. So it doesn't fuck up balance because ((Pros))) won't use it. And Why won't they use a guaranteed win, ez as fuck combo?

because this… it MIGHT hurt your hands

mwahahaha.
I've been doing the "shit hurts my hands" in games all the time. Now I want to pick up MVCI just to show that some people can do this stuff constantly

I'll repost an earlier thing to say hey goy!

Be sure to buy pick up the game! Can't Find anyone for 20 mins straight that's ok because low sales are not a problem look at what we the (((FGC))) did with SFV

haha but srsly though if anyone yells about how MvCI is doing in Japan and Europe and America and the World….
Just take Eventhubs' advice and talk about Olive Garden.

Hahaha Based Capcom!!!

Also look at that humpback on Researcher Ryu! so glad they didn't go with the default handsome look for their Main functions! All body types need to be represent right Chun-li?

Shit, I must have developed carpal tunnel from typing this comment.

Is this Eventscrub's damage control trick to save MvCI's shit meta? How does that not prevent people from spamming Spider Man?!

Yea that and that they cry that:
"NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT THE META IS, OR MAKE GUESSES ON WHAT IT WILL BE! IT JUST CAME OUT GOYS!"

although day 1 they came out with their (((tier list))) and that is totally different than making educated guesses about the meta.

You have failed to disprove anything.

do converters add a considerable amount of lag? Thinking of getting one because carrying my pc around is a hassle, I'd rather play on my friends ps4

I main Akira in VF, my arms should've fallen off by now if this was true.

Brooks adapters add ~1f

i can't think of any relevant games that don't have legacy support atm unless you want to play sfv, please don't do that to yourself

I used an extreme example like MvCI because roster it's one of the biggest problems that game has and people that try do defend, only see numbers("30 characters is fine") and bring up DLC as excuses. But I think besides the so called "FGC" blind Capcom fans and here, people don't really care anymore about the game.

Not really, from SNK if you can fit sword users like Haohmaru, Hibiki and Nakoruru, there's a pantheon of fighters and even not really fighters from different franchises like Last Blade, World Heroes, Buriki One, Savage Reign and even a gimmicky Metal Slug character like Marco and Fio were in NGBC and MI2. From Capcom, other Darkstalkers like Jon Talbain, Red Earth, Rival Schools, like you said, a gimmicky RE character to rival the Metal Slug one and even some from from MvC2 like Ruby Heart, Hayato, Jin and Sonson that could be adapted to a more "grounded" style.

The King of Fighters '98 :^). I don't really know. I know how messed up MvC1 and 2 are but had a lot of fun with those, to another level of kusoge and more platform-based, Jump! Ultimate Stars was really fun for having many characters from my childhood like Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball. I have high expectations for BBTAG. Does DOA5LR counts with the Virtua Fighter characters?

NGBC characters was made by Ogura (I think). Falcoon was busy with Maximum Impact 2 and I think Nona was in charge of KOFXI. I think Ai was cute but didn't mind with Yuki. Like I said, some I didn't like some decisions like making Lee Pai Long a Claw clone, Athena not being reworked from SvC to be more "normal", Geese being shit, the tag system and movement options and so on. Maybe wasted opportunity and if that "leak" is true, it'll be another one but with an unispiring roster that at least the 1st game had it.

Are these people aware that hibox controllers and keyboard players exists?

people have been using fucking macros and turbo online for years. with MvCI Capcom clearly just doesn't give a shit about the game's reception on a consumer level since they're putting all their eggs in using tournaments and
stream revenue to make their money with it.

the "FGC" now are the know-nothings who watch streams and never learn to really play, along with the sellout pro players who are literally paid to pretend they like Capcom's new games. that's Capcom's cash cow, so of course they're listening to them and are fine with everyone else being "left behind"

I wish this wasn't canceled

What a shame

Someone here with aaaalot of money $$$$ pls buy this game.

Also a Akira (VF) move in 0:51

Ruby Rose gameplay

I would be for DLC that removes her from the game. god I hope she's shit tier so after the first week where all the RWBY faggots drop the game I'll never see her

BRINGING UP SEINFELD AND HELPING PEOPLE HAVE A GOOD TIME IS OFFICIALLY BAN-WORTHY ON 4CHAN

I AM FUCKING PISSED

HOLY FUCK THIS IS RIDICULOUS, FUCK THESE REPORT-HAPPY ASPERGERS PIECES OF SHIT

I like it for being a fast-moving board. 8ch is too slow. 4chan used to be fast and have decent posters (inb4 greentext) but then it got raided by Reddit and 4chan cucked out. completely pathetic tbh

I don't know if it's because I can understand what ruby is saying but god damn is the voice acting shit. Maybe to some japs "moe" voices are grating to them the same way as ruby's shrill voice is grating to me.

She'll most likely be good because japs have shit taste and apparently like the garbage fire that is rwby so she'll be treated well. Shit anime tropes are shit no matter if they are used by japs or talentless weebs. rwby copied what sells in japan which is shrill "moe" voiced girls and brain dead plots so no surprise it was a hit. Just would have wished a separate rwby fighting game was announced so that it would be it's own quarantine in exchange for removing ruby from the bbcrossover game.

video related, it me

do it user, you can do it

You'll probably hate the next OP

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, maybe you should go to the

NEW THREAD