NISA and Danganronpa

Man, NISA is really the greatest company. Look at them making fun of that evil Donald Trump! Why people don't like them, I'll never know! Seriously, I hope they never go bankrupt! In all seriousness, stop buying games NISA have had a hand in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tn5sKxpLh5A
youtube.com/watch?v=YOsWlFqoPZI
youtube.com/watch?v=mdM9-Hy1anw&index=20&list=PL3kjZMDqMVhhZ4XbJSGa_f41s-8BkfH6S&t=35s
vgmdb.net/album/59689
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let there be light.

NISA really needs to die.

Didnt NISA also "translated" one of the girls lines that originally "icky/naughty boys" to "degenerate males"?

I am burning all my Danganronpa merchandise now.

This edgy teen fanfiction was never good. Please prove me wrong.

So all the cast dies then?

Which one is that from? The one which just got released on Steam?

Yea, V3

It was never good, but it was at least somewhat interesting until Junko popped up and ruined everything. Then again in 2 and I'm fairly sure they bring her back again in v3 because they can't write for shit. Might be wrong

To be honest, compressing files, either be video, textures and audio, seem to be too hard for most japanese devs now
Probably another reason why they're abandoning the Vita as a platform because they have to take account of the 4GB limit while you can easily go at 50GB with the PS4

No, everyone else still lives

I assume there are a new set of rules in play because that directly contradicts 1 and 2.

No I think this is on par with the humor of Danganronpa post the first game.

Danganronpa 2 had some retarded moments but it wasn't even close to being this bad. Is there any point to even pirating this shit?

What I heard is that you die but then you continue into the actual MC in the actual story. Also it's the 53rd, because v3 means 53.

I'm at least big on the visuals and the music. It's super-disappointing as a VN and what could've been in its original concept. Also, I've just started 2 and took a few failures in the first trial just to figure out how some of the new things worked, more embarrassing than 12 lives.

More like why don't they compress the Nip voices and not bother with a dub?

Nagisa is worse.

Or just the localization.

Who's the actual MC then?
And yeah, this is a fucking blatant disregard of the danganronpa rules.

OFFICIAL V3 DANGITS POWER TIER RANKING
==C U T E TIER=
Himiko Yumeno
Kaede Akamatsu
Maki Harukawa
Kirumi Tojo
WOULD BE BROS WITH TIER
Kaito Momota
Gonta Gokuhara
HOPEMAN TIER
Kokichi Oma
>SPAGHETTI FALLS OUT OF MY POCKETS AND IS ADDED TO TRUTH BULLETS TIER
Shuichi Saihara
K1-B0
WHAT TIER
Ryoma Hoshi
so meh that they don't deserve allcaps tier
Rantaro Amami
Korekiyo Shinguji
Angie Yonaga
B E G O N E TIER
Miu Irima
"ZAP EM, PENCE" TIER
Tenko Chabashira
YOU KNOW WHY TIER
Tsumigi Shirogane
FUCK YOU TIER
Everyone who developed this godforsaken game

fug

No idea, I'll probably play that trainwreck some day and find out. Also obviously I meant Nagito, that guy's a fruitcake.

YO WHAT THE FUGGGGGG
I finally get to play as a genki-ass cute girl and then they pull that shit?
wtf i hate Japan now

What's the original Japanese line about? Is it also about media, a Nip pop culture reference, or what? Also be more honest, this can be interpreted as either anti or pro Trump. Right now it's likely the latter. Mark's insidious tribesmen went from calling others fake news to hating the term as it got used against them, just like golem turns against it's master. Trump called CNN or some other station fake news, and the media said calling them so is like calling niggers niggers. Because it backfired so hard, you can't really say they're making fun of Trump because both sides can think it's in their favour.

And this . You can't really make Danganronpafags outraged with the OP as it's humour is at that level in all the versions, or so it was for previous ones as I didn't yet research nor play v3. It's full of pop-culture references and those who say the Japanese version is any different are wrong. One starter word, Jojo. You don't need Japanese knowledge, just take a minute to research and you'll see I'm right. The only thing very good about the games is the art and some characters, too. The designs are appealing to look at and the style is pretty good, too bad almost no fanart of the franchise can imitate that properly. I'd fap to that done well but this world denies me my most basic pleasures

Honestly I was pretty sure Kaede was eventually going to bite it, but not in the first fucking chapter. Wasting killing your MC on a cheap bait and switch rather than a shocking late game changer is just a dumbass waste of a twist.

oh no an out of context reference. ree.

Didn't Chunsoft drop NISA after V2? I'm pretty sure V3 was translated in-house (which makes this even worse) otherwise NISA has finally reached levels of stigma where companies are actively hiding their involvement.

They could just stop injecting their shitty political opinions in their products, but that's asking too much from leftists.

Show me the context.

Post a screenshot of the original and I'll tell you.

Virtue signaling is more important to them than profits.

how does it matter? I can tell you for certain it wasn't in the original version therefore it's a shit translation

Danganronpafags are the reason why NISA is still around and handling non-NIS games. NISA almost fucking went tits up because they lost all Gust IPs and Compile Heart IPs which were their only money makers. But no. You cancerous little shits had to eat up their garbage when they were fucking you in the ass right out of the gate by splitting up the Vita Collection as two separate releases.
You deserve to get this series dragged through mud.

Not to mention that Danganronpa's popularity is why the Kenka Bancho series is dead. Chunsoft didn't want to put it on the vita so it wouldn't have to compete with their hottest new IP, so they put it on the 3DS where it bombed. Then since Danganronpa had a big female fanbase they decided that they should turn Kenka Bancho into a Otome to pander to them and it went on to sell better than the whole series.

Women and faggots ruin everything, as always.

Now who's being silly?

you are preaching to the choir
Anyway to get this more exposure?

I hope nobody here bought anything stained by NISA

Cave Story 3D

Just post it whenever someone tries to defend NISA then assure them the original JP release didn't have an equivalent to this.

I was so looking forward to Ys 8 until NISA announced they'd "handle" it. Falcom won't see my money for the western release.

I'll never buy their shit!
Fuck yeah, always buy good Falcom games

When will this fucking ride end?

I can tell the visual reference is from Kinnikuman of all things, but I can't see what relation it has to the text.

Since OP is a stereotypical OP and I'm apparently the only competent user around here, I took it for myself to research.
NIP youtube.com/watch?v=tn5sKxpLh5A 1:17:05
ENG youtube.com/watch?v=YOsWlFqoPZI 30:44 (31:15 more exact)
From what I see English, I assume in Nip the bear dad says stuff and the little bears say faux compliments, but any reliable faggots know Nipspeak and potential Japanese subculture references to say how NISA did it? Was it a reference for reference like I bet it was, or preferably a transcript?

Incorrect - they've seemingly only dropped them for Steam releases, which is intelligent due to no need to share, so only 30% for Steam. NISA's name is in what seems like regular letters on the game's PS4 box as a quick research proved. It was the jewgle images first result, so you didn't put much effort into your theory.

I've seen a similar post in the Falcom thread, which was likewise devoid of any source or proof. They did lose Gust/Compile Heart IPs, but how do you know they almost "went tits up" and those games were that important? My research shows they've still kept a seemingly healthy amount of games published up. The amount of games they published 2007-2012 (when Gust left) is way lower than 2012-2017. I find it hard to believe so many titles from the list I see would be heavily unprofitable, like Stranger of Sword City, etc.

I thought it was a visual reference to Jewpuncher Akatsuki's girl character with the hat, but then it's too niche to make sense. Also I meant Danganronpa in general, not the scene.

You're preaching to the choir, no one here pays for games

NISA delenda est

Women apparently fucking buy videogames if they're made for them.

whoops, made a couple of typos.

JP: モノクマ: 思い付かないって事は、いないんだってばー!
EN: Monokuma: If you can't think of any, it's cuz there's none worth remembering!

JP: モノタロウ: むしろ、鮮烈に思い出したー!
EN: Monotaro: But Father remembers! Cuz he knows everything!

JP: モノキッド: うげげー! さすがはお父ちゃん! 引き出しが広いぜーッ!
EN: Monokid: Holy shit! That's right, Papa Kuma! You know all kinds of useless crap!

JP: モノファニー: とある少年誌に偏ってるけどねー!
EN: Monophanie: Cuz Daddy gets all his alternate facts from the most trusted names in fake news!

Only the first line is accurate.

The third line is a bit spruced up, but it's somewhat accurate. But yes, it's more quality work from NISA, the most trusted name in dogshit translations.

What do the moon runes actually mean then? Come on, don't leave me hanging.

You're an user of transcript reliability. I've put your Japanese lines in google translate and they seem somehow accurate though?

Monotaro: Rather, I remembered vividly!
JP: Monokid: That's it! As expected is Dad! The withdrawal is wide!
Mon funny: Although it is biased to a certain juvenile magazine!

What does it actually mean because google translate cannot really be trusted? In other words, it might be a bother, but can you put your own, more reliable translation? I'm genuinely interested.

They are saying that Monokuma knows a lot, but mostly limited to manga. The whole fake news thing was completely made up by NISA.

I think the joke here is that Monokuma pretends to know a lot, while in truth he's mostly reading a magazine targeted at boys (少年誌), probably Shonen Jump, I guess.

If you can make radical changes in writing like this and critics praise it for keeping in tone with the series, then the series probably isn't good to begin with. The only good things about it are Aoi Asahina and the DRV3 spoiler leak disaster. Bring on Distrust.

There was also a "make japan great again" at the end of chapter 2 also the maid was the secret prime minister of japan what the actual fuck? Also killing the actual likeable cute protagonist only to replace her with yet another beta male protag was a Bullshit move. Going to keep playing to see where this trainwreck is going.
As far as cast goes shit waifus(other then kaede) but the male half of the cast are great for most part. Also I hope to god you all pirated this shit.

also the dev had nothing to do with it anyway, its just a shitty port

That sounds like a stab at JUMP, if you ask me. So, mr , it sounds like NISA really did virtue signal in thier latest release. But nobody on this website buys any of thier trash, so why defend them? It's almost as if you've got a dog in the race.
I hope you really arent a NISA shill, the turnover/suicide rate for that lot is astronomical

theres your problem

DR2 utterly destroyed anything that was remotely interesting about the series. Togami's imposter was the only semi-interesting thing about it and the only two characters that make the story progress are Chiaki and Komaeda. The rest of the cast is just there to be murdered or to look clumsy or cute.
See, what was really fucking cool in DR1 was how it tried to subvert your expectations all the time:
I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED A CRIPPLE LOL
The game itself is also boring as hell. Shooting is painfully slow, the "puzzle" sections are insultingly dumb and character interactions are mediocre.
I don't even wanna know about DR3's plot, I just know that it's MGS2 but for nu-age hipsters. At least according to what I heard, the cast will go on a hunt to murder every single cretin that is interested in the Killing Games. Spike Chunsoft could have shat out some PC versions of Kenka Bancho instead of this mess. And there's also talks of Monokuma appearing on No More Heroes 3, so if you ever thought that Suda51 is a creative hack while Grasshopper gets the scraps but didn't have solid proof enough, that should serve you well.

The other good thing was the copious amounts of fanart. Also that Jojo thing's true. Ashita no Joe's famous pose was in too IIRC.

It's a visual novel with minor shooting elements, literally couldn't get easier if you tried.
Hold on, what?

By the way, this happens because all you ascended weebs who actually learned Japanese failed to get jobs at these companies before the commies.

fuck off cuckchanner

I don't think the staff responsible for 'localization' actually speak/read Japanese.

Crunchyroll just injects whatever they want into the story of their dubbed animes. By this definition, I could get a job by subbing shit at random on 80's laomite cartoons.

You can say that but the game still has two major problems that keep me from liking it, although they are pretty subjective. First, I never liked the idea of juxtaposing colorful humor\dialogue\characters with death and violence. It makes it uneven and I'd rather have an interesting story with dark shit happening that gets me invested than some high-concept humor-filled death game party that could turn into a poorly-written shitfest. Speaking of death, I never was huge on murder whodunnit cases. They always felt like the bread and butter of investigation stories. A case I would like, in terms of what DR CAN do is perhaps a case involving trying to piece together information about the history of Fenrir, something I wish they gone in-depth on rather than just making the merc chick into a school-shooting edgelord. These two issues could've been solved if Distrust came out and turned into a series (which might've spawned more interesting entries than just "the fanservice filler episode" and "babby's first TPS") but it'll never happen.

I was gonna go buy Ys tomorrow. Guess i'll just pirate it.

Play The Silver Case then, brev
I think it was finer when less info was shown. You had to guess what kind of fucked up world would shut highschoolers inside a school to watch the realest of reality shows unfold. Also all that has been written about DR as canonical and non-canonical addenda is shit, so I'd rather come up with non canonical reasons for everything happening than listen to Spike's decisions.

Thanks user, I can't into Nip. I'm e06bfe by the way, my ID switches itself from time to time due to shitty Eastern Europe internet and I forgot to mention it before.

Why would a shill do that? What do I stand to gain from such a move? Wouldn't it be better to, you know, not post that? Please explain to me how that makes any sense, I'd like to enter the mind of a paranoid user. Or is it the fact I bother researching what others say to avoid the spread of misinformation that made you think that? If you prefer the companionship of mindless idiots who repeat without researching, I don't think you're in the right imageboard. In fact, I heavily doubt an imageboard is where you should reside, as a site alike to reddit or perhaps faceberg would fit you more.,

Those are surprisingly pretty accurate, wow.

Why would you even consider it? Have you been asleep for all the other shit NISA has done?

Fuck off to .xyz or .pl you slav/possibly bolshevik shit. Admitting youre eastern yuropoor doesnt aid your denial. I can post whatever i damn well please, and call you a kike all i want. Maybe in your shitistan, you cant talk freely or shitpost, that isnt my problem. Maybe english isnt your first language? Not my problem.
Dont you have a bread line to wait in?
Getting flustered over a shitpost is a surefire way to out yourself, chaim.

because Ys?

Seriously, the fact NISA is now holding it hostage is a tragedy and why we should all learn/teach our offspring (to those few eligible here) the necessity and usage of moon runes.

I just finished this. Don't play it. The ending is almost as bad as ME3s. Even if you enjoyed 1&2 don't play this.

especially if you enjoyed 1 and 2

I would agree, but that only works for games that aren't going to be localized. Anything a publisher plans to localize is likely to get its Japanese version self-censored in an attempt to hide the censorship. On the other hand, games where the publisher has zero interest in localization are safe at the moment, like Phantasy Star Online 2. The only bright side here is that the big Japanese devs that are self-censoring to pander to the west haven't produced anything worth playing in almost a decade, so nothing of value is lost there.

I know treehouse at least send out job ads for localiser and not needing to know Japanese to get hired. Would not surprise me if this was also true for NISA.

Wait i thought it was Funimation that fucked with dubbed anime.

She has done fuck all of note but maybe she gets better now that it is revealed she was the ultimate assassin all along. Fuck me this game just keeps pulling twists for the sake of twists.A M.night shyamalan movie has nothing on this shit. Even without NISA fuckery this game's script a fucking mess.

Glad you came to your senses before you made that mistake. Even if you love Ys not worth it if you give NISA any money.

Now I want to know how you can top 2's horrible ending.Not going to stop because I am in a masochistic mood this week and it's been a while since I have played a game this terribly written. Can't wait to see what they dumb twist they will pull next.

Pretty much.

I enjoyed DR2 and thought that the ending wasn't too bad. This dethrones DR3 hope arc as the shittiest thing in the franchise and I actually really liked chapter 1-5, the ending is just that terrible.
I should have read up on the game instead of being scared of spoilers, I assumed it couldn't get worse after the anime. Fuck.

What exactly was so bad about the Hope arc?

This doesn't even take into account all sorts of interesting minor stuff that will fly under a lot of people's radars. An example is in the first Danganronpa when the MC is introducing himself and the setup to the player. In the fan translation when describing himself he says the one noteworthy that may set him apart is that "I'm a little more optimistic than most…I guess." This is a neat little foreshadow that ties directly into one of the game's main themes and his character later on. NISA of course, not content to not butcher things completely, translates this line as "I'd say I'm a little more gung-ho than other people," effectively erasing all meaning behind the line. (I don't speak gook, but the original line is 「人よりちょっと前向きな事くらい・・・・・・かな。」 for those that do.)

True hardcore weebs like us have more skills than just our Japanese, so we don't get hired for localization positions, we get hired to program while translating important meetings and shit.
Then we get fired cuz they get jealous and pull false accusations out of their asses.

Nice trips

So you're pointlessly shitfling at me with insults you've constructed with the not necessarily true backstory provided from a total of one post, and try to make me appear as the one who lost his composure? The projection is impressive. You grasped the very first thing you saw in the post - me claiming I'm from Eastern Europe - and that's all you can do with this knowledge, just sperg out with weak… insults, if they can even be called that? Disappointment, is it maybe a word with which you're familiar? I felt that, and your performance was the cause. You could've expanded on that and made it more purposeful.

After the reaction I wonder, is paranoid your trigger word? Paranoia is a common trait of the tribe. Did you check your blood to ensure you're not what you accuse me of being? Now, I'm going to be mean and post the first picture of Etna from Disgaea I've searched for to deepen your already significant paranoia. A regular user wouldn't fall for a plot presented to him directly, but I expect more from you. Will you sperg out a bit more while telling me in more sentences about how I feel in greater and greater detail. I wonder what character traits and feelings will be projected on me this time.

I don't think I'll bother wasting much more time on you, however. I'll watch your response tomorrow or so if any is made, but answer is unlikely. If you were baiting, your efforts were nice, but pointless. A guy autistic enough to enjoy researching is autistic enough to enjoy writing this, so you've accomplished nothing. I'm pleased writing it.

this

Don't believe people when they say the story is bad? Check this retardedness out.

Kaede is executed in the first chapter. She's framed by the Mastermind (Cosplayer girl Tsumugi Shirogane) who gets away with it because fuck you she's the Mastermind, she can just make Monokuma say "YEP KAEDE DID IT" and just execute her to cover her tracks because nobody, not even Kaede herself, knew she was innocent. Saihara (Detective guy) replaces her as protagonist and he's a complete beta cuck for the majority of the game.

Danganronpa V3 is a Reality TV show in its 53rd season. The cast are Normalfags who signed up to have their memories erased and talents implanted into themselves because they're all over-obsessed Danganronpa fantards. Kii-Bo the robot was the living camera, and gets hacked by the literal audience to serve as the final boss, because they want more killing games and don't care about the people that have to die for that (#VirtualLivesMatter). There's also a scene earlier that a scene that called out audiences with uneventful or mediocre lives who cling hard to fiction to the point of wanting to BE in a game as dangerous as Danganronpa because it sounds so exciting compared to their peaceful lives.

It ends with Kii-bo literally destroying Danganronpa by blowing himself up.

Should a yuropoor really be posting a character like Etna? I don't know what you guys are talking about, I'm just saying.

>wall of text (((kvetching)))
Want to know how I know you dont belong here?
cyka blat, go eat kebab or whatever it is you do. It is early morning where you are, if not midday. Dont you have a job, or school to attend? Inb4 this IS your job
A N U U U U
N
U
U
U
U

JUST FUCK EACH OTHER!!!!

Sorry, im not gay.

Fucking hell…was that..a Kinnikuman reference…wasn't looking at the text, was looking at the fucking Brocken Jr's Red Rain of Berlin reference..

Then stop acting like a gay, you fag.

So was this from Spike Chunsoft, NIS or some random english translation firm?

"That wasn't bad"

Not sure if it's a consequence of all of them being localized in communist occupied california or the very nature of the industry starting up because kikes could get the licenses for cheap

orly?

Good gravy. I'm drawing a blank as to whether the NISA version topped this. Maybe the part where Monokuma was speaking in Western emotes, instead of, I'm assuming, Nip ones.

That's your problem for not buying a hackable one.

To be fair, the point was that he's awkward as fuck and has no idea how to talk to people.

I feel dumber after reading this. So the people who want to join a murder game find out the huh oh they're gonna get murdered?????? And in fifty-fucking-three iterations no one thought about it?
lmao wait for the spin offs

Wasn't this a mock screenshot and not in the actual fan translation?

At least they are aware of how retarded this is

So I just completed the game, I had to take about 1 hour to let everything sink in and all I have left is a bitter taste in my mouth, the game does not contribute to the Danganronpa universe at all, it is a knockoff of it and I must admit my jimmies are more than rustled due to that fact; however I should've known better as I played both previous games and watched the anime, it feels like this game was a bit rushed or it was forced to be made, either way I don't think there will be another Danganronpa game like this one, in fact I really hope they don't make another one like it.

I'll be honest, I lost my drive to play the game after the most relatable and likeable character for me died, even though everything about him is fake I did not want him to die like that, I was legitimately angry when Ryoma died, he deserved better and all I can hope right now is that there will be enough fanart of him to help me cope with my loss.

At least they're throwing in as many memes in the most lazy way possible instead of just only shitty memes.

Holy shit.

Are you a teenager? This is an 18+ board.

What's wrong with making fun of him when he does stupid shit on a daily basis?

I was wondering when baneposting would make a splash in the mainstream.

>>>/tumblr/ would be more appropriate

How do we know that this wasn't in the original?

Because and because do you really expect anything from NISA?

Isn't this that series with the girl with the "despair" fetish or some really retarded shit like that?

Yep.
Now here's the thing, the writer intentionally made it the stupidest thing ever because he wanted to convey the idea of "despair" as the stupidest thing ever to the readers and players. And it does come off as the stupidest thing ever, but it doesn't work for a good villain because it undermines the point of even having a fucking villain.

Bravo NISA, that's so edgy, a mixed Milo/Trump reference.

Yes, and they also voiced that line ("degenerate males"). Not touching this piece of shit after having read and heard it about 10+ times in the demo. To the anons who did finish the game (or are beyond the part where Chabashira croaks): how many times (roughly) did you read or hear that line?

Polite sage as this is a late post.

Imagine millions of people making the same jokes over and over in every corner of the country for 4 years.

The only reason you could ever stand that is if you agree politically with whoever is telling the joke.

Poopy orange face small hand Hitler tee hee

NISA fucked up these games since the beginning. The first game ends with a "Crazy Eddie" joke, referring to a northeast US electronics retailer from the 80s. Not only is it an oddly specific and timely reference that would only be remembered by a handful of people in their 30s, there is no fucking way a Japanese teen in the near future would make such a reference.
People will still defend NISA. At this point I don't even blame NISA, I blame the faggot weeb fanboys that buy this shit and defend it.

People like you are the reason NISA does what they do.

It means it's the same amount of humor, in that there's very little. In DR1 they at least gave it a try but after that it was just nip TBBT,

Here's some more lazy meme writing.

???

Suddenly the acquaintances I have that play this garbage slowly becoming more and more retarded makes a lot more sense.

I just finished the first trial.
Holy shit this game is a fucking let down.

And I fucking shit you not, it was 4 hours fucking long.
I admit I played a minimal amount of time with the chairs and whatnot, smacking them around… but between you hitting "New Game" and the first investigation is takes 4 fucking hours.

The writing is all over the place, the characters aren't that memorable, the fucking monocubs are obnoxious.
Hopefully things will improve but fucking christ did they drop the ball.

Well you have just yourself to blame for sitting through it after all these warning signs

how are these completely cringeworthy references even allowed?

Cuz people buy it.

Here's some advice that I've been kind of following.
Ignore 90% of the writing and only really listen in when doing the investigations and class trials. The game is much better if you ignore all the slice of life bullshit and the overarching story. Yes, that is basically saying "ignore the story in a novel" but the only things of value in this game is the murders and Shuickhi not being Nagito in the idea that you're the smart ass and not your sidekick. Because at this point, I only treat the writing as vehicles to the murder mystery.

oof
I'm not condoning what NISA did, but man… That's one terribly unfunny line.

That makes it worse. I thought he was referencing a magazine that's specifically run and produced by Monokuma "Mono Funny Magazine" or something. It's just another manga joke? That's weeb teir

user, didn't you know?

Dangan3 is Hideaki Anno-tier META narrative with tons of navel gazing and talking down to the audience about how bad they should feel for wanting more Dangan
No, really that's it. That's what this game is.
Considering what Spike failed at with just its launch you'd think that they wouldn't be so pompous and "meta" but man…man they really did it. They really managed to make something more up its own ass than End of Eva.

Congrats, SpikeyChun. Congratulations.

That DBZ reference is in the original I can guarantee it

Anyway, you people don't know true terrible until you have stuff like pics related to suffer with. NISA is the worst, and thankfully that never shined through (much) with Dangan1 (the only good one, as somewhat says well) but it really shows through here.

That said, AKSYS IS JUST AS BAD (and somehow even lazier)

But… why are they making fun of cnn also. They are the most trusted name in fake news for a reason.

Well he's right, they do not deserve any video game anymore in general, but still

Then you might as well be watching Agatha Christie. But no, I guess that's what I do with UDG too. Ignore the main story and just enjoy the random MC bants, and blasting Monokumas. I kind of liked the puzzle rooms as an idea but they generally don't trust you to figure them out, or get complex enough.

Dangan deserves NISA with V3's awful ending

If she's so good why does her image look so atrocious? Fix that. Now.

But I'll say she isn't my least favourite girl after two of them revealed themselves as complete nutters, and she had the courtesy to die off.

The most confusing thing about this translation is

Didn't the writers kill her off unceremoniously because they had no fucking idea what to do with her character? She wasn't supposed to appear with the survivors but she had no purpose in the rest of the story either.

The swearing was completely retarded and off character too

But this time, nothing of value was lost.

This is what happens when you let the Reddit/mainstream get a hold of anime. Just another platform for cringe memes. Proceed to castrate yourself if you buy this shit.

I'm surprised this thread hasnt been hit by NISA shills yet, I would expect at least one defending NISA by now

I don't think anyone is pathetic enough to shill for NISA

There is this faggot

No but it's been flooded with 4chan crossposters. Even I can't spot them all.

wew

Thanks user, I'm really glad I didn't pick up V3. I really enjoyed the first 3 games, and the anime, while not amazing, still gave it all a decent conclusion. You just saved me $40 and a considerable amount of time.

yes it was a mock screenshot.

I'd believe that. But I'm about to finish the story and the only real character remaining is the MC. Nagito ended on a high note at least, that was a fun case to unravel, as was chapter 4.

I'll shill my longplay playlist, and I'll be here to answer any questions about the board game or RPG if you got 'em but don't feel like looking at the videos for tips. This playlist link starts with the bonus modes, and goes from the beginning of the first board game run to the final boss of the RPG after I collected every character card, no cut footage. If you go backwards in the playlist I have the full story mode there.

youtube.com/watch?v=mdM9-Hy1anw&index=20&list=PL3kjZMDqMVhhZ4XbJSGa_f41s-8BkfH6S&t=35s

Monophanie says something about shounen mangas. Im saying that cuz the line is voiced in japanese and I could heard that.

I just finished this.
Everything was pretty alright until the last chapter. What the fuck was that shit show? I was enjoying the theme of this time around (which seemed closer to the original idea of trust/mistrust) but then it became DUDE FICTION LMAO. Just what in the absolute fuck was that ending? The only real likable characters were Maki and Shuichi after chapter 2 when he grew some balls. I will at least Spike some credit, they decided to do what's probably suicide and that's take a massive fucking dump on their fanbase. And it really does seem like they do not want to make another one which the franchise really has ran it's course. Not like it can get any worse.

Forgot to append this as this really got a good fucking laugh out of me.

That's pretty weaksauce to be honest, like most of the self-referencial humour is. I won't deny it makes me giggle though.

There's balls, and then there's career limiting moves. You don't do the latter if you want to continue making games.

You know, Danganronpa 1 was made with the idea that they were taking the piss of traditional stereotypes in visual novels but still giving a coherent narrative. Except the game went much better than their estimates so they had to go ahead and make another one, still taking it seriously. When people kept buying it, they just rounded themselves into a corner and decided to just throw whatever at the crowd. They're not suiciding the series because of some bold statement or because they don't want to work on it anymore (they did work on the version of the game that is just a full blown eroge visual novel), they're just calling it quits before people start getting pissed off at how terrible each consecutive iteration past the first game has been and they're telling them to look for the same content elsewhere. They're damage controlling pretty much.

Better that than to keep milking the cow until it's a skeleton.

I kind of understand why that Monokuma is mirrored but it triggers the shit out of me.

kek, autism is real

>all that in current year +2 or was it +3, time flies way too fast

Working through my game, I spoiled myself because I could tell where it was going with how heavy-handed it's been.

I mostly agree with this sentiment, though I think for what danganronpa carved itself out as a game became decently good. A lot of people really hate on the whole brainwashing thing that happens throughout the real series, but the story was always about being as incredibly over-the-top as possible and subverting your expectations (or, occasionally, nailing your expectations for the sake of it). The way I would describe the series is that it's just anime absurdity, and it takes that absurdity and runs with it for a good result.

There was a really important parallel in the three games so far that I think really showcases how they try to mess with your expectations:

>DR2: Ultimate ???(Everything), Ultimate Gamer, Ultimate Lucky create the core of the cast and drive debates *again*. Incompetent relateable main character *again*, competent love interest *again*, insufferable foil prick *again*. Two of them suddenly die in the same case and it turns out the third was the ultimate mastermind of the entirety of the killing life on the islands.

These things are what I enjoyed the most about danganronpa in the first place, and functionally I think V3 still does a decent job at that. Additionally, V3 is mechanically a much better game - I enjoy every single minigame within the trial sections, debates are much more active and enjoyable with their sudden mastery over text effects, Lie Bullets and Back Routes are genius and waaay better than Flashback Bullets.

Unfortunately, all of these aspects are ruined by many things. Almost all of the characters are dull and boring, and as a result a lot of the twists have been unsurprising. At the beginning of the game I noted certain characters as "most likely to actually murder," and I've been correct on 4 of the 5 - the 5th being Ryoma because I was deadset on him being the blackened in Trial 1. I know who the mastermind is, and it's just such a boring choice. I would have preferred Oma Kokichi simply because of how he keeps flying in the player's face like just outright revealing the blackened in the 4th trial because he's mad that you lied at you (the highlight of the game for me so far).

And then of course the ending is just unsalvageable garbage, but I have hopes that maybe DR1-3 are entirely canonical as-is and it just so happened that in the world's recovery the whole "killing school life" accidentally became a virtual reality show.

Ultimately I think danganronpa as a concept is a little tired. It's hard to care about another fucking 16 characters after you've already done that shit three times before.

except the first Danganronpa was not a fucking cartoon where fujoshis fly around with friendship beams and people can be brought back from the dead by making a robot out of them with scrapyard parts.

That part on DR2 was perfectly justified because it was all VR

Ryoma was the best character.

I disagree, there are several counts of relative absurdity:

Did you even see the executions? The absurdity in the story was interlaid in too, with quiet suggestions about The Tragedy and all that. It's just the series got even more absurd as it went that makes the first one look normal.

I was laughing more at how stupid and up it's own ass everything became.

I would agree with that if the ending wasn't DUDE KILLING'S BAD MMMK? #FICTIONALCHARACTERLIVESMATTER unless they were referring to the actual killing game and if that's the case they did a bad job of specifying that rather than all of fictional killing game plots.

As a franchise, there was a lot of shit I can simply overlook because it's either a vehicle to the actual murder mystery or it's anime bullshit so whatever. Doesn't matter. I still believe it's fine keeping it in but it really stretches your suspension of disbelief.

Although you make a good point about the whole breaking expectations thing. There's one thing that always bugged me about the entire game and that really was how predictable it all was but at the same time was so predictable that it seemed too stupid to actually be written. I figured out who was the real mastermind by the end of the first trial and I knew when and where these murders were going to take place pretty quickly after they were introduced. I'm not sure if this was part of the theme they were going for, it's just them being pretty lazy or figuring out how these games have worked.

V3's probably my favorite in terms of the minigames and presentation. I really don't have much to complain on that front that's not already just a flaw with the artstyle they were going with. Except Psyche-Taxi. Logic dive was a better minigame but Psyche-Taxi is boring as shit. They even made Closing Arugments a lot less of a cluster fuck but that was mostly on the ground work of the second game.

I'm kind of impartial to him being the mastermind. It would have suited the "it's so obvious that the writers can't be that stupid" thing but at the same time I knew it was him because there was at least one more class trial to go as I knew the game wasn't going to wrap up then. But yes, getting completely cucked out of you solving the case was probably the highlight of the game even if I am still
BEYOND FUCKING MAD!

Even since 1 I've never really liked many of the cast. In 1 I only really liked Kyoko and Togami since they were the only competent ones. In 2 I liked Komaeda as a concept and Peko because she's a qt. In V3 I only liked Shuichi for being the only protag who did shit and Maki because she's also a qt. To me, most of the cast was just fodder for the killing game and that's probably not what the game should make me feel especially after V3 where they guilt trip the fuck out of you after every case.

Pretty much this. It's hard to go anywhere with this franchise now that won't be retreading old ground. I still wish we had the original concept for the game (Distrust) but V3 took a lot of the ideas that I wanted in this franchise (lying, trust) and did pretty well until the last chapter. The ending wasn't the best to end the franchise off on but I say it's the most suitable because every Dangitronpaul game has had a shitty ending. What better way than the end the game than with a shitty ending.

It really does. Like Junko is just so over-the-top with anime abilities. I remember reading danganronpa 0 and the combat was portrayed as if it was literally DBZ, but in writing format. You have things like brainwashing through anime to the extent of completely destroying society, and Junko can do it because she's better than everyone else? I think at some point it's hinted that she was actually Ultimate Analytic, in that she can analyse and copy anything she sees, but it still often breaks my suspension of disbelief.

That said, I think with that being its theme, it does admirably well. That kind of absurdity helps build up to the really awesome but incredibly absurd cases like Komaeda faking suicide when he actually relies on his Ultimate Luck to have the 'Traitor' kill him with poison. If nothing else, there really wasn't much on the market quite like danganronpa, and it was an important answer to Phoenix Wright and played an important role in breaking VN-heavy games to the Western markets.

I think that's decently impressive. I was leaning in that direction but I definitely got caught up on the Mukuro Ikusaba spam the first game throws at you to distract you.

I guess similarly I figured out the core truth of V3 pretty early and it might have taken away a lot of wind in my sails. I think they were just overbearingly obvious with it, including I think mentioning an audience of some sort almost immediately. Hilariously? The main reason I started thinking it was that the visual design of V3 seemed to borrow heavily from Persona 4, which was all about an 'alternate' world inside a TV.

For some reason I find psyche-taxi a lot more pleasant. I will admit it's a lot easier (and as a result boring), but in general the trials never felt super difficult to me anyway so I give more points to presentation than anything else. It's a nice break from heavy reading.

For me it was more like I went from being able to tolerate the cast, with most of the bad ones having at least some redemption moment (the Ultimate Nurse, for example, is almost redeemed retroactively when you learn more about the story). I actively hate most of V3's cast, and most of them don't get redeemed whatsoever, especially Miu. Fucking garbage writing.

Psyche-Taxi has one of the best themes in any of the games

So the special edition of Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 comes with an artbook and soundtrack. I have no doubt NISA will mess up this game like the first one and Amazon JP reviews are all over the place on the game's quality so I'm not interested. However it's the other material that I want. While I could order the JP version's collector's edition, the problem is the art book won't be in english. I actually like reading the artist's notes.

I can't find the CD or artbook being sold separately anywhere. If I could get my hands on the english artbook, I would scan it and upload it to something like Nyaa or Yande.re too. Any idea what I should do? If it does get sold by others after it's released, the artbook could cost an absurd amount. Should I just deal with the JP versions or bite the bullet and get the NISA special edition to get the english artbook?

Also is the soundtrack posted anywhere? I'm trying to get a lossless version of it. Not even the MP3 versions are posted on Nyaa or Khinsider.

Why the fuck would you even ask this question? Of course you shouldn't buy NISA shit.

Then how would you suggest I get the english artbook?

If you get the JP versions and scan them you could probably just machine translate them and still have a more accurate translation than the butchered shit NISA would have done. You think they're going to do right with the art book when they're still butchering game? It's not as if they're touching notes or anything either, that second image is zankuro literally shilling and going "wow amazing witch and hundred knights game I am so happy to have drawn this thank you for buying"

I was thinking the same thing too. Now I'm trying to see how I can get my hands on the Demon Gaze 2 soundtrack. The artbook isn't even sold in the JP copy either. I found a link to the JP version that might have the OST but I'm not sure if it's saying if it has both the OST and the "Greatest Selection" CD. Could anyone clarify?
Http://Amzn.Asia/aw291wZ

Still, no one seems to be selling the artbook but NISA.

As far as I can tell through (((google))) translate it's the game and the single greatest selection CD. Nothing about a second disc or full ost.

You don't, go; spend some time with your family.

Yeah I just confirmed that it was talking about the greatest hits CD. It was talking about the 18 tracks that CD had.
vgmdb.net/album/59689

Job doesn't permit me to take leave to see family. I would if I could user.

Retarded fanboys are getting what they deserve. I bet the creators are amazed that morons keep giving them money.

The NISA bullshit is just the cherry-shaped shit on the top.

Then just buy it and live with shitty translations forever. I swear, the only reason NISA still exists is because of retarded EOPs like you.

MEME GAME
MEME GAME
MEME GAME
Fucking hell m8s, our love for weeb shit shouldn't overlook this atrocious translation. Let this game sink

user if it was my intention to support NISA, then why would I even bother asking? If I didn't care, I would have bought it and never brought it up here. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

You forget that NISA also sells anime on the side too. No clue if they provide subs for them though.

Beat the first chapter and they should have just made a third game instead of that abortion of an anime then said "We're done with the series" instead of this.

Are you sure it wasn't one of the translators shoving their politics into the game?

NISA are the translators you dumbfuck.