Arabian Nights Setting

Which games has that setting? Let you feel that mysterious atmosphere of oriental cities with bazaars, sishas and hashhash. I wanna chase down at uncanny rooftops, be a rogue/assassin.

Which games has this setting besides:

European Simulator.

Al Qadim: The Genies Curse, Defender of Oasis, Beyond Oasis and Legend of Oasis

I can't masturbate to this. Also more games need to be set in the pre-islamic middle east.

What sounds more arabian? Phrygian mode or harmonic scale?

Arabian Magic, a beat em up by Taito. Too lazy to get screen grabs.

I find flamenco's use of phrygian and tempo sounds a lot like arabian music, but not enough since it has a personality of its own.

Thanks for the replies.

what about me?

I was high last night and have no idea why I specificly point those posts, thank you too user, hope you can excuse me.

There are plenty of games in this setting. There are no games in a Sumerian or Achaemenid setting. How come?

clive barker's jericho somewhat counts

Most developers are either Western or East Asian, and they will focus on their own history and mythology. Things like fantasy Arabia are also portrayed through their Western interpretation, because I guarantee you a game in the setting made by Muslims would look drastically different, though first they would need to work out the theological justification to allow themselves to depict living creatures.

Gray Cowl of Noctural mod for Skyrim and Adventures Redguard.

The double harmonic major scale sounds more explicitly Arab to me. I use the phrygian scale when I want something to sound menacing; I don't think it sounds particularly exotic, since it's just another mode of the diatonic scale.

I would love a game set in a fantastical version of bronze age Mesopotamia.

Certain parts of Dragons Dogma

He asked for Arabian Nights, not WE WUZ ADVENTURERS.

WHOA DUDE HOW ABOUT A CYBERPUNK SHARIA LAW FUTURISTIC ARABIA SETTING? IT'D BE VIOLENT AS SHIT BRO

I think that most people in this thread had a pre-Islamic setting in mind.

How about Shant-
Oh…

Well you should still play Shantae. Those games are fun.

Because the word Arab really invokes the idea of some desert nomad pagan semites and not the sprawling Islamic cancer of the world?

I hope you are not kidding user because that setting is my ultimate fantasy.

The Arab race and culture is much older than Islam. I don't know what other people think of the first time they hear "Arab," and it's not my problem.

Yeah, and when you hear German you think about Arminius and his pals. I get it, you are special.

OP clearly said Arabian Nights, user.

You too are special.

Kill yourself, troglodyte. Also, when I hear "German," what I think of is the fall of the Roman Empire.

Arabian Nights is a copy of a Persian story, which may have been a copy of an Indian story.

Somehow you are the only one in this thread who has an issue with figuring out what OP wants. The only 'special' one here is you.

This is like saying Arthurian legends could mean modern Christianity and Europe…

heh

Wait, scratch that. Modern Europe is being taken over by Islam…

What the fuck are you guys argue about?

I don't care about Islam or politics, I just want that old uncanny Arabian Nights setting with third person camera and rpg elements.

This might be true because I feel the same when I play Prince of Persia.

Think about magic lamps, jinns, hashashins, viziers, bellydancers, dunes, domes. Not some wahhabis with AK-47s or shitskin immigrants.

I want to whip the dhimmis into submission and extort jizya, ride by with homies while casually swinging my scimitar and beheading the infidels, blow up ancient Persian and Egyptian ruins, stone the Stacies and collect a harem of little girls.

ISIS posts photos and videos all the time, you're only not allowed to depict Allah and his prophet. Also instrumental music is haram, though male vocals like in nasheeds are just fine.

Not the same thing. The "issue" seems to be that you shouldn't draw or sculpt what you can't bring to life since that's Allah's prerogative or something. It's why Muslims put those geometric patterns in all their mosques.

Quest for Glory II motherfucker
>admire a qt cat lady dancing
>fight the evil wizard and become prince
The next game takes place in notAfrica

I only played the remake, so I can't comment how much it differes from the original, though from what I have seen, it can play exactly the same(with the parser interface) or with the "modern" Sierra interface. Though please note that the pic for the remake is quite muddy, but it was the first one I could find, and I am too lazy to find a better one.
Oh and the remake is free to download, and I think the rest of the games are considered abandonware, though buyfags can still buy them from gog and piratefags can easily pirate them.

Oh and people should really play the first four games in order, as you can import the character from the previous ones, including the skills and spells he learned and even the secret paladin class.

You could argue that photos are on par with digital paintings and videos take it even further by imitating life. And yet it's either allowed by some dubious fatwa (like the one explaining that sodomy is a OK if only it helps with terror attacks) or at worst unregulated. Mosques are also different than the more mundane areas. Apparently it's alright to print the faces of religious leaders on the banknotes. I can't see why generic dune coons and infidels would be any more offensive than this. Especially if the character models followed a specific art style instead of photorealism.

I will never understand why they consistently fail at this.

I have no fucking idea to tell you the truth. Seems to me that, just like with every other religion, what is permissible at any given time depends upon what is politically convenient. Most mudshits seem to have little moral qualms about partaking in decadent Western entertainment, or enjoying the comforts of the modern world brought about by kuffar whites and East Asians.

I would non ironically play that game
Conquest, slaves, bitches, stoning sodomites and degenerates
Literally game of my dreams

As a thief you get the option to sneak in the evil wizard's harem chamber and sleep with all the girls, after that you get to fight him.

Western developers need to be dragged into the streets and beaten to death.

What did he need a harem of slavegirls for then?

To bully, obviously.

To impress people with and to fap, but never actually stinking his penis into them, because that is just disgusting.

What was that top down stealth game set in persia? It had this neat animation style going for it.

Thanks I'll practice that one out

Have fun! It's probably my favorite scale.

Shantae & Magicka: Arcane Warfare

any games with bellydances?

casual.

The Prince of Persia PS2 games.

OP already mentioned them, and the PC version works fine.

Yeah, that's what I usually think of, the desert nomads. Though I don't really know much about the pre-Islamic middle east other than the fact the Jews got conquered a lot. That, and the fertile crescent civilizations like the Babylonians and Assyrians, So yeah, I usually think of the Islamic period.

Weird, it doesn't "major" like other "major" scales in the sense that it's not that easy to make cheerful sounding melodies. Maybe I need to look up some compositions made in this manner

Yeah, those three-semitone gaps make it too exotic to do the typical diatonic "happy major" thing. Fun fact: major scales weren't associated with happiness until relatively recently (the past few centuries).
Also, I've tried fiddling with chords in that scale, but had no luck.
Embed related is a cheesy power metal song that uses the double harmonic major scale in the main riff.

You know you can just move to Britain.

SEVEN RINGS IN HAND
I unironically liked this game

Yeah, those three-semitone gaps make it too exotic to do the typical diatonic "happy major" thing. Fun fact: major scales weren't associated with happiness until relatively recently (the past few centuries).
Also, I've tried fiddling with chords in that scale, but had no luck.
Embed related is a cheesy power metal song that uses the double harmonic major scale in the main riff.

Badiya (though it's in Early Access and is very limited in scope)
Diablo II's Act 2
City Of Brass (Early Access)
Mirage Arcane Warfare (was free a few weeks ago but I hear the playerbase is low)

I see you too fell victim to server shenanigans.
Anyway, it's definitely what I needed to make actual arabic sounding music, I felt like harmonic scale wasn't enough.

I'll pass the song to a friend, he really likes Kamelot. Maybe we can come up with some good tunes in this scale since he plays bass and I play guitar. Have some Paco

Phrygian mode music sounds great.

That's actually a good idea.

Mirage Arcane Warfare (Chivalry with abilities)

City of Brass (Early Acces roguelite)

I dunno about Arabian/Persian, but I'm really in the mood for a good game in a Mesopotamian/Babylonian setting.

I want to play more Akkad Games

True.

Take a load of this faggot here.

Doesn't matter. Had sex.

Besides, there is nothing more alpha than fucking a man's women and then murdering him.

Only one that comes to mind is Prince of Persia

1. Prince of Persia The Sands of Time was occasionally given the stink eye, because you weren't allowed to be overtly friendly with terrorist nations.

2. The setting was also considered too fairy tale for amerifats, hence the radical change in the sequel.

They're not supposed to enjoy anime.

Deserve every barrel bomb dropped on top of them.

It's not your fault OP. The entire planet is turning upside down now. 30 years ago Islam was considered strange and mystical and exotic to westerners. Globalization ruined it, it ruined everything. The magic is gone and kids born in the current year won't understand

Arabian Nights: an SNES JRPG in which you play the part of a djinn bound to a ring who must grant 1000 wishes before he gains his freedom. Naturally the last wish is a selfless little girl asking you to save the world.
Moon only but a translation patch has been released

Beyond Oasis: a Genesis/Mega Drive action adventure in which you play an adventurous prince who finds a magic bracer. Cue plot

Super Arabian: an arcadey platformer for the NES. Arabic in flavor only really.

Doki Doki Panic: You might not have guessed this to be anywhere near the Arabia-themed list, but the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 had Arabic-themed characters.
Interesting story: Miyamoto was developing it as SMB2 in Japan when Nintendo was contracted to make a game for a convention's mascots. They reflavored the game for the contract but set it back to Mario characters for America.
Miyamoto was completely uninvolved with the making of the Japanese SMB2, and he considers the Mario character edition of DDP to be the true SMB2

Phrygian mode is what I would actually describe as more of a Mediterranean sound than an Arab sound. Harmonic Scale is much more eastern

Take Dark Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising just for the sake of keeping it vidya and it's clearly trying to invoke a Mediterranean/Greco-Roman feel

The rule against the depiction of living things is in an extraneous text, not part of the Quran.
The set of books it belongs to are similar to the Catholic Apocrypha, and are often contested as to whether they should be considered part of the Islamic canon

How did none of us managed to mention Magic Carpet?

Get a load of this swedish cuck

We all know what the hadith is by now, I think.

DUDE WEED

Kill yourself.

closer to if catholics did it you can't say the lutherans did it