Max Payne thread

STOP WITH THE FUCKING CUTSCENE EVERY 30 SECONDS
WHY WOULD YOU RUIN THE PACING OF YOUR GAME LIKE THIS
I LIKE THE COMBAT
I LIKE THE STORY
I DON'T LIKE BEING WHIPPED BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE TWO SO WILDLY THAT MY NECK SNAPS

I wish it was modded to remove the cutscenes. I wouldn't even care if it just jumped around sporadically instead of cutscenes, the gameplay is solid as hell but the cutscenes bring the game down substantially.

Cockstar

>I emphasize certain words because I don't want any retarded players not being up to snuff on what's going on
The gunplay was fine but the combat is cover-shooting, it was obvious the game was made for consoles seeing how it's R* post-6th gen. Multiplayer however is fun as fuck and if you can find a lobby ride on that shit, it's reminiscent of MGO 2 and Saints Row 1's multiplayer.

the level design sucks in this game. absolute cover shooter shit. Rockstar never should have revived max payne. Rockstar seems to have fooled themselves that they know how to make a good games and not just open world circle jerks.

"You are in an unskippable cutscene, Max."

The truth was a burning green crack through my brain.
Hammering on a keyboard to no effect. The maddening frustration of uninteresting story and pointless dialogue forced upon me. The loss of control against my will, progression halted by a hack writing.
I was in an unskippable cutscene.
Funny as hell, even in a series known for its great story it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

uhhhhh if you stay in cover in mp3 you get fucked

uhhhhh the levels are still filled with cover and ruin any sort of flow or sense of design unlike the originals which are far better designed.

uhhhhh, you don't get discuss videogames

1&2>>>>>>>>>>>>3

IT'S PAYNE! WHACK HIM!

While the game has a cover mechanic it is actually far easier if you never use it.
I noticed that in almost every third person shooters from the 7th gen there is this Trick/oversight that brakes them all. You bullets don't actually come out of your gun the game just hitscans where your I crosshair is, So you can stand behind a wall for cover, but if your crosshair is still over an enemy you can still shoot them. Actually using cover mechanics makes you vulnerable since you need to get out of cover to shoot.

Just made Webm related as a quick example of what i'm talking about.

The story is shit Max is out of character. The noire vibes are gone. The humor is gone.

It's not a Max Payne game. Just like DOOM 2016, Quake Champions, FEAR 2 and 3 do not belong in those franchise. They just took the title for marquee value like lazy Hollywood kikes do so often just to get asses in the seats for their latest abortion. MP3 is not a Max Payne game; it's a Rockstar game that stole the franchise title to sell copies.

1 >>>>> 3 >> dogshit >>>> 2
At least MP3 tried something new. 2 was just a worse version of 1 in every way.

STILL LOADING

Rehashing bad movies is trying something new?

1 >>>>>> 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> 3

Keeping in the spirit, the themes, of the series is less important than cranking out a shitty movie game with Max out of character, no humor, and a cutscene every five steps because "durr it's something new!"

In the mechanics I mean, by giving it fresh gunplay and physics. MP2's gunplay and bullet time are worse than MP1.

The lips that have sucked 6 gorillion jew dicks?

What exactly is fresh about adding input lag and making the character control like a drunk?
Or the fact that you are limited to 2 weapons with no grenades?

At its core the gunplay and weapons is fun and satisfying, I liked some of the locations like the favela levels and the penultimate police station level, Max's VA was great, one or two songs were okay. But the game is way too slow and you have to use cover unless you memorize where every enemy spawns where you can actually play like the first two, so overall a disappointment.

Motherfucker, I liked 3… The fact that Max was so burnt out, tired and old made me really empathize with him. It's like a weird redemption story and besides the constant cutscenes fucking with the pacing they at least gave a better understanding of Max's disdain and hate for all he's done and become.

I wish there were more Max Payne games…

I got the feeling that the reason why the mechanics felt slower was because it was meant to emphasize Max getting older and slower- I'm pretty sure in the flashback scenes his speed is actually different than the "now" scenes.

No, I'm talking about euphoria physics. The game might not be arcade shooter tier responsive, but it feels more satisfying to kill.

Still better than Max Payne 2

your post was going great until you just had to be retarded

Wrong

The game is less responsive than modern console shooters(which it is)
I sure love pumping bullets into "bosses" which just stand there and take multiple headshots or enemies with helmets that don't actually work like helmets.