Yo Kai Watch Thread: Telekinetic Tulpas Edition

Tomorrow, faggots! Hope you're ready for even more post-game content!

I know you faggots love Yo-Kai Watch. Don't think I haven't seen you lurking around Holla Forums. We had a thread that survived for weeks last time.

Which had the best exclusives? Fleshy Slits, Boner Spirits, or Penis Inspectors.

Even Monster Rancher had better designs.

I think it was two months, actually.

post lolis

It's a shame it had to die. Lots of good stuff, lewd and otherwise, in that thread.

I'll head over to the local GAMESTOOP and see if they have a copy of phantom specters out. That or the day after when I have more free time. I enjoyed the first game enough to warrant the purchase. But still, massive fuck you to the rare monster + random recruitment system. I hope they make that part easier since the monster collection aspect is one of the most important parts.

I've been hitting the post game content as hard as possible since I beat the game a few days ago and I was kind of pissed off to find out that one of the legendary Yo Kai requires Tattletell and Manjimutt, both of whom are only available at the start of the game when they give you the single Select-a-Coin. Meaning your only method of getting them is streetpassing someone for Wayfarer manor or trading someone.

The post game content for the other two versions?

Yeah. Just Bony Spirits for me, but YW2 has an assload of quests, optional bosses, special dungeons, and other shit to find after you beat the final boss. Plus if you take the google the QR codes, there's lots of additional special yo-kai to find. Fairly certain that all of it transfers over to Psychic Specters, but I still want to do as much of it as possible, because PS has an assload of new areas and bosses of its own.

Befriending is a little easier in the second games when you unlock the ability to poke enemy Yokai which can increase your friendship chance another level on top of food. It took me 8 tries to befriend Azure Dragon this way. It sounds like a little bit, but the chance of him showing up was really low so it took a few hours.
Third game, though, the poking is replaced with the dream blaster, and the you shoot the enemy's medal to befriend them, but you need the roulette on the blaster to land on friendship instead of damage for that to happen.

Befriending in YW2 is infuriating. I'm running with Casanuva and Pinkipoo in my team (both have popularity) and one of them is equipped with the Superstar soul (gives the effects of Popularity, so more +Befriending), and I shoot for inspiriting to poke for more befriending.. and still it's completely unreliable.

Well yeah, that's a problem with how befriending is handled in general, but it's still better than the first game where you only had popularity + food.

Food you had to wildly guess at or just look up. At least YW2 lets you know exactly what kind of food they like when you hover the pin over them… Just pray they don't want Soba.

You'll probably be happy to know Yokai Watch 3 added in higher tiers of soda. Dr. Rappa and 2 Liter Yokacola.

Did they fixed the capture rates in this? YW1 capture rates were infuriating and too damn low, even with the best food and the ability that makes it easier. Is there any unobtainable stuff? Like Pandanoko?
NOKO IS CUTE! CUTE!

Capture rates are more or less the same as mentioned by
There are two Yokai locked behind only downloading the digital versions of the game if you are a completionist. You are still screwed out of Pandanoko unless you can find 10 people to streetpass.

I want to get lucky with Noko.

REMOVE YOGAYS REMOVE YOGAYS you are worst ip idiot you are the level five smell return to handheld general

Yo kai Watch is one of their most successful IPs ever and is so goddamned huge that they picked Jibanyan, not Pickachu, as one of the anime mascots for the 2020 Olympics.

They're not taking any pokemon this time around? This is hilarious.
Also, are there any yo-kai locked out via streetpass? At this point I think there's an excuse for save editing.

S-Ranks can't be recruited through streetpass, as far as I know. Certain yo-kai aren't tradable at all, internet or otherwise. Other than about a dozen individual yo-kai that are unique to each version and the fucked up select-a-coin thing with Roughraff, Tattletell, and Manjumutt, that's about all I can think of.

I'm interested in getting into the Yo kai series. Should I play the first one before 2? Is Psychic specters a GOTY version? I don't want a game, like pokemon, where one certain rare pokemon is only available on one certain color cart. Unless I can get it anyways with CFW.

That doesn't make it a good game, user.

Read , However, it is possible to get them through CFW if you can edit saved games. If you know, tell me.

It's already a good game, regardless of Olympics or not.

That kinda answers my question. But, again, is Psychic specters a definitive version, or what? I've read articles on it, and I don't get it because they aren't clear. It's just "LOL, NEW GAYME GUIZ, TOTS BUY IT!" There is literally zero content in any article about the game, including nintendo.

Popularity does not always equal quality, that much is true, but in this case, the hype is not entirely misplaced, and the games are damned good. Even with the retarded designs on many of the yokai and the silly theming, it's one of Level-5's biggest successes and also the series of games that Akihiro Hino (founder/CEO of Level-5) put all of his love and effort into. It's the game he wanted to make since starting the studio.

It's hard to find a straight answer without ending up on some moonrunes site or some youtuber autist's playlist of 400+ YW videos.

So here's what I've gathered about Psychic Specters

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is how they handle the few yokai that were unique to each version. I can't find anything saying if I can capture FS yokai or get their unique general if I load in a BS savefile.

So are The Big Bang Theory, Overwatch and John Green's books. Also
How fitting. Soccer Anime Babes will always triumph over this.