Skyrim's survival mode shenanigans

So, Bethesda announced that the official price for Skyrim's survival mode is going to be 800 CC points which you can only get by paying for the 15 dollar pack.

15 dollars for a survival mode, for a game that came out five years ago. Is there hope left for this industry?

No, no, you don't understand.
It's actually freeā„¢*

* for one week

Bethesda being a greedy shekel grabber? What a shock.

Why wouldn't you want to pay those great devs who work endlessly for you, cocksucker?

I haven't been following this creation club stuff too much besides it being paid mods 2.0, does this effect existing mods because you can get a survival mode with existing mods. Doesn't excuse this being a shit business practice.

I heard creation club broke script extender for pissout 4, don't know if SKSE was hit though

Honestly, even if you're not a Holla Forumsack or are even right-wing, you'd have to be borderlined mentally broken to not see Jewish nepotism at this point

So its just going to be a shit version of Frostborn and Real Needs?

It's still surprising to me that there are threads about the game.

Just download the Necessities of Morrowind mod from the nexus.

Do it.

Special Edition version hasn't even come out of beta. It took them several months after their projected release date just to get Special Edition working. And now, there's even more work on top of that; if they haven't given up now, they will eventually.

Obligatory:

FUCK,

It's just a pure coincidence.

What's CC points?

Bethesda Monopoly money.

I have no words to express my disgust right now.

Haha funny that you said monopoly, so it's the currency that they use now they monopolized and monetized the mods for Skyrim?

I stopped giving a shit about Bethesda's shenanigans a long time ago. All I want to see now is how long they can keep it up without pissing off enough drones for people to start calling them the bad guys and the new EA.

It's a shitty scheme to make you pay more money. If you buy one package of Bethesda shekels you can buy one mod for 400 and one for 300, or a big one for 800. Either way you need to buy at least one more pack to get the most of your Canadian bucks.

I think you're all being a bit unfair here, Survival Mode is the definitive way to play Fallout 4 (an excellent game). The guys at Bethesda have worked hard to bring our- er, their fans the kind of open world experience they deserve. This will be worth the money. Trust me.

There was never any hope since it became an (((industry))).

Holy shit man this is getting ridiculous with the micro-transactions. I've only been following this news pretty loosely, so I'm kind of out of it when it comes to Bethesda, but I'm not surprised that they did this, Ubisoft did the same shit with Deus Ex and now my friend was telling me even sports games like NBA2K everything in the game is micro-transactions. You would think this is really going to kill the console market and more people are going to go to PC just to be able to play the real , unique and creative mods that only independent people can make but most of the normalfags that play this shit will shell out the money. The problem is, besides them obviously taking this as a way to make even more money this, just like all the forced diversity shit, is just another attempt to market games for more casual audiences.

It was dead the moment it became an "Industry".

Oy vey what are you talking about, those are all evil white men. Oy vey.

You don't know the half of it. Modders get a flat fee for their mod, which Bethesda then owns, and they don't get any more profits from their work. Also, all the mods on the CC are limited to 4000 record edits, which means they can never be anything more than item mods and reskins.

On top of that all the mods on the CC get downloaded automatically to your copy of FO4 (so you can unlock everything by simply making an .esp file and putting it in the appropriate folder), so as times goes on the game will get more and more bloated. Bethesda can't fix this on consoles and made some vague promise to fix it on the PC. Every time the game updates it breaks the script extender.

My question is why are modders actually going along with this? Is it because they really want money? Or have they legally threatened anyone that goes to make an outside mod? I guess it's the landscape of how games are now, it used to be you made a mod because you loved the game and wanted to create a new experience for people to have and the idea of making it and others enjoying it was the compensation. Now literally everyone is just in it for the shekels and ego validation. Gaming has really gone down the shitter in the past 10 years, thank god we still have the Japs but even they seem like are starting to cuck to Western trends.

Speaking of monopoly, why does Bethesda have a monopoly on first-person action oriented RPGs? Why are TES games the only games of their kind? I fucking hate them as games, but their whole system is something I want to see done by better developers.

You know what, fuck covert shilling. I just want your money!

Is the survival mode worth pirating? What the hell is it?

Larger developers refuse to tackle The Elder Scrolls and now Fallout on what is essentially Bethesda's home turf. Even if they realized the possible benifits the modern corporate culture would never allow them to design the game with intent to let people mod it.

Smaller Dev teams cant do it. Creating a large world like that from scratch takes forever. Think of how long some of the conversion mods to come out and add another 2 years or so to create the engine, logic test the world and create art assets from complete scratch. It's just to much time and money. The old ways of capitalism letting people get loans and attempt to open businesses to do things like this no longer exist. Unless you go to panhandle starter and get a mega success you have no chance at all.

No.

Go to the nexus. Get Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases and you get more robust better content for free.

And when you inevitably start modding for nudes you can get mods that add arousal and seduction into the N&D module.

You have no idea how greatly it warms my heart to see even the normaliest of normalfags waking up to Bethesda's kikery. Bethesda fans are starting to be seen as dweeby morons with thin skin.

So is it just a watered down version of those mods? I figured it'd make shit harder in a more organic way.

The sad part of all this is the developer of Survival is also the developer of Frostfall, so get ready to see that mod die quietly.

iNeed is better than RN&D.

This is the same developer who can't write a 2 person conversation without it sounding like it was stitched together over the course of a week of voice recordings.

Bethesda's games are all bloated with needless shit. All you really need is an overhead map, a few locations, and entities to populate said locations. Hell, the whole game could be a level select screen, a merchant, and a shit tonne of dungeons and it would still fit the bill.

Speaking of mods, how is the FREE modding community going on about Special Edition Skyrim anyway?
Back when they released it i remember it being common topic that vast majority of mods pre-SE simply dont work with the SE unless they pretty much redo their mods from the ground up?

So is most of the modders who do it for free still mostly doing stuff to the 2011-edition Skyrim?

why do you have Skyrim threads every single day? Why have we had a Skyrim thread every day for the last 3 years?

Even normalfags are outraged so I would say yes

Nope. I mean it does that autistic thing like add weight to gold and lockpicks and nerf your carry weight, but otherwise it's just a worse version of the mods.

Yeah I know, but I have at least a dozen mods from LoversLab stacked on top of RND, I don't want to risk the whole thing falling apart. I'm just gonna wait the six or so months before I feel like going through a modding spree to update everything band just do it with everything else at the same time.

Perosnally I'd love to see a company code an extremely EXTREMELY basic but HUGE mapped open world with very basic mechanics and very flexible code. Put it out for cheap with a bunch of mod tools and some hints for how to put shit into the game and then let the modders go nuts.

From what I understand special ed skyrim is just a stupid file format change to fuck up mods and a high res texture pack. There's no reason not to just use the 2011 version since the modders texture packs are often better looking and lower impact on your system.

Ah, sure, that can be a cluster fuck.

Guys, what of the next big step in the industry is lootboxes with DLC in them? Like low tier rewards could be weapons skins, low tier new weapons/armor, high tier game modes and legendary tier game overhauls

Shut the fuck up before you give them any MORE ideas!

I still don't know how these made up currencies are legal. It's straight up extortion to make you pay more because they only let you exchange for specific amounts of their funny money instead of having it priced in regular currency.
I know no one cares about video games but we need some legislation to stop this blatant jewry.

How about making the game itself a loot crate? Maybe you bought Doom, or maybe it was Skyrim. You'll never know until you open the box.

That's not any better than what Bethesda does though: release a bland game, and let the modders develop it for you, bringing in huge profits from their work. If you want really, really good mods, you need a really, really good game first. There has never been a shit game which has had amazing mods to the best of my knowledge.

Not completely. Fun history fact: When banks were first developed it was by the christian church (I think first in Venice), and they had a thing in the bible about not charging interest but the jews didn't have anything like that. So they pretty much forced jews to handle the money until they decided to say that the no interest thing was only for perishable goods like food.

So yeah. Education, they've been in money for years.

I think that this is actually a real thing on some of those steam gambling sites

This is why looking for loopholes in your religion is a sure path to ruin.

Yeah but it's the Citizen Kane of vidya.

>install skyrim after paying nothing for it
This is the game that got so much fucking critical acclaim? Just how much money did it cost to swing that?

Because you need good worldbuilding. And good worldbuilding is actually pretty time consuming and labour intensive and very few people can actually do it well, certainly not to the level of autistic content you'd need for a good open world RPG. And you'd be hard pressed finding a publisher willing to pay someone or even a team of someones to worldbuild.

The other option of course is to just buy an existing setting as Bethesda did with Fallout but that adds to your budget too plus if you don't completely own the setting eg you're just getting permission to make a game in it, then the owner may hamstring what you can do with it.

Yeah, I suppose you would have to at least put in robust systems so that modders could work on top of it. Though I would imagine a game like that only being 10 bucks if the idea is that you mod it to make it better.

Maybe it would be wisest to focus on making the base game more simulation based than combat or adventure based, though obviously have that supported by the game.

That's kind of what I want more of anyways at this point. A more simulation focused fantasy world to live in. With tons of attention to the inner workings of the world. Usually these get put onto a game after and are kind of just an extra hoop to jump through, but designing the game to have things like more realistic depictions of living in a fantasy world would make things far more interesting.

Imagine starting off in a town as a new arrival. A somewhat large town, big enough to have racial demographics. The people are friendly enough and you have to find a way to stay there. You can ask around the various shops for a job, go out and hunt, beg, or even sweet talk your way into a place for the night and a meal. However your actions affect your reputation. With mooching slowly reducing your standing with the population at large while you might use your charisma to become friends with everyone. Or you might work hard at the smithy to slowly impress the locals and gain their respect. Certain interactions with people in the town will adjust your standings with others. I mean, shit, if they can randomly create quests in games then why not randomly set up events in town with tons of solutions. The general store clerk becomes ill for a day and asks you to sub in for him, a hunter needs some help hauling in a larger kill, or stuff like that. Maybe even have racial tension in the town, and associating with the filthy khajiit couple makes them like you enough to do you favors, but makes everyone else not like you as much.

You see, THAT would be a fun game to play with the massive attention to detail of 'how do I eat, and where do I sleep' rather than putting a bar in the game that tells me what to do. Even better if you start taking things like hunger, the weather, and actual life and apply it to mobs. I would love to play a game where healing is abysmally slow even with potions and spells, but the enemy plays by my rules. So bandits in the cold environment they have to split between patrolling for people to rob, warming up, getting enough to eat and sleeping. Imagine coming up to a camp of bandits only for them to be half dead from starvation and disease before you even get there. You do little more than push them over to win. Or find smaller camps at night with only one or two lookouts you have to worry about as the others bundle up to survive. Conversely imagine just how brutal it would be to come across a well maintained hideout or fort. With lookouts and guards that allow the npc's inside to remain well fed and well rested.

I'd so much rather have that kind of depth of simulation and a massive mostly empty map for modders to fill than what we currently get from Bethesda with their 'dungeons' and 'quests' where combat is as deep as a puddle, with a few hoops bolted on. Tedious difficulty isn't fun, working in a rule-set is the thing thats fun.

SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE

There were banner ads covering multiple large buildings across the country here so I'd say hundreds of millions.

I knew right from the announcement of the "Creation Club" that they would pull this shit. They'll rationalize it with excuses like "you can still buy this horse armor for 50/100 Toddbux, so it's not like you're getting fleeced" or "maybe you can save those points for the next big thing."

Who will stop this menace to society?

I would love to play a TES-game focused on survival-realism though, sort of like New Vegas with Hardcore mod and the most autistic-realism mods from Nexus slapped on.

I would love to play a TES-game focused on survival-realism though, sort of like New Vegas with Hardcore mod and the most autistic-realism mods from Nexus slapped on.>>13489924

I never played an open-world game before Skyrim, in the modern sense of the word "open-world", at least. I got it day of release for $10AUD on the Xbox as well as Halo CE:A a few days before street date for the same price. Both were the pre-order editions due to a fuck up in the labelling/pricing system, and I can assuredly say it was worth those $10 dollerydoos. I had a bunch of fun as a slightly younger user, and it made me appreciate the open-world games that came before it even more as I worked through my backlog.
Even got the DLC for $2 by going to the video rental store, as those things still exist in a country where 100kb/s is normal, and taking out the legendary edition when that came out.

What I'm trying to say is, I've given Todd $10, minus taxes and store profits, and those $2 didn't go to him, and I still feel ripped off. In what fucking universe would I pay $15 for a hardcore mod that makes me have to eat and drink? If I was really invested into that, I'd just set the rules myself and RP in an RPG, or install a free mod made a week after launch.

In Kangarooland, just 2 days ago, I saw them paint over a large mural of GoTshit with a large The Evil Within 2 mural. There was 4 Bethesdrones doing it, including company shirts, and it's actually pretty nice, apart from the giant title of the game and release date plastered in one corner.
They have a lot of money to paint murals in a relatively small city at a train station that's maybe 6th in size in the city.

same reason South Koreans talk about North Koreans every day essentially. Morbid curiosity and a reminder of how narrowly you escaped a fate that bad