Greatest feel in vidya

I'm a huge weeaboo, but I must admit that the greatest feeling of achievement in games are when I overrun the enemies's base in RTS games and completely destroy them.

That is a special feel, a feel where you completely genocide the enemy and his nation.

what does being a weeaboo have to do with enjoying the feeling of crushing your enemies?

I dislike most western games but I'm a huge fans of strategy games of both east and west. I feel they are closely match and contain the same goal "the complete destruction of enemies via superiority of our own force".

well whatever. I personally like doing shit myself, like beating enemies at a level I shouldn't be able to beat them at in RPGs; or defending a castle with inferior numbers in M&B.

Employing a tactic flawlessly and destroying your enemy is one of the best feel in RTS
Overall RTS mulitplayer give me huge adrenaline rush that just keeps me returning for more

sage

Whew, you don't know feels. Try single-crediting clearing an arcade game sometime.

Another great feeling is completing a non-lethal 100% stealthy run in a game like Thief or Splinter Cell.

Completing your objective without getting noticed at all.

Another one is beating a mission in Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon with 0 casualties, perfect operating and cleaning rooms.

That's just overcoming hardship.

But there's no feel like completely destroying your enemy while maintaining a healthy army and economy at your side.

That's just overcoming hardship.

But there's no feel like an extended period of flawless play achieved after hours of experience.

>RTSfags will never, ever understand the feel of getting a monster score on one life

Greatest feeling is when you play Mario Smash Bros and get your dick sucked afterwards by the loser.

What in the fuck did you intend to say there?

You mean clicking to buy units and sometimes building new harvesting nodes at the correct rate? There's barely any real econ management there

Shit i forgot how good the soundtracks for ra and cc were.

This isn't a place for casuals

Tryharding and abusing game for some arbitrary numbers isnt "hardcore" its fucking retarded

Comparing your performance to that of other players by an objective metric is more arbitrary than sitting at your PC and saying "i feel gud" after a simple simulated military campaign?

You are just one guy destroying everything, I command a nation to destroy the enemy's nations.
Harvesting resources and building units are the basic of warfare.

>>>/reddit/

I would say the simulated warfare experience feels better because you completely destroy the enemy with the superiority of tactics and logistics.

putting expert clues together to solve a puzzle.

Those are not the basics of warfare, those are the basics of RTS games

I completely agree, while my best run was on the home version's hardest difficulty, it still felt amazing.

But the best one is by far.

The basic of warfare is logistics and tactics, and getting resources is logistics, and well, you can't have an army without units.

Getting resources is very hardly logistics, the entire RTS formula is such a radical simplification of what is involved in real war that it truly bears no resemblance except an incredibly superficial one.

Which is better, doing is all single handedly, or taking out a ton of enemies before dying, and watching your troops desperately hold off and manage to win without you?

No, every tanks/mechanized troops are made via materials/fuel you mine, so it's not surreal as you think.

Hot supply zones are a thing in real life.

From a strategy game standpoint, letting your troops handling it is the best.

Your tactics and strategy are so well, you let the own AI take care of things, not needing your intervention.

Mentally challenged ?

You aren't a native english speaker are you? Please go tell your nation's army how you're qualified for command because you won a game of age of empires.

That's a strawman if I ever seen one.

Next you will tell me you can be considered a top pilot by one life'ing Gradius.

But why would you want an ultra-realistic war simulator with every little detail of logistics ?
Do you want to spend your time providing your troops with clothes and medicine againt the new disease spreading among em all the time ?
People want the meat of the war, not the logistics involved.

I'm not comparing shmups to real piloting, you are comparing RTS to real war. There is no strawman, just your ignorance.

I don't want that, but the OP seems to believe that the simulations we have are comparable to real war

Well, RTS is closer to real war than a shmups to real piloting so I do contend my point.

Do tell how I am ignorant.

Every strategy you employ in RTS are straight outta real war, save for the super fast clicking.

Yeah I'll waste my time explaining how Command and Conquer doesn't teach you to be a real general to someone who barely comprehends English, sounds enjoyable

Any action game where I finish a stage/sequence/fight taking no damage, in one combo. One of my proudest vidya moments was beating the Gargoyles in DS1 on my second character on my first try and took no damage. I felt like a God.

Never said CnC is going to teach you to be a real general.

Just saying the shit you do in RTS are well-grounded in actual military strategies.

The difference is that an RTS is about starting with nothing and gathering resources, whereas a war is about starting with a set amount of resources that need to be rationed out over the course of an indeterminate amount of time.

>when you stubbornly repeatedly retry an unviable method against a hard level or boss over and over refusing to change your strategy because the way you want to do it is cooler and more fun, you consider changing the strategy and doing it the gay way, when it suddenly works, and you get so close you can taste it. then your next try it finally fucking works

ive done this in so many games its tough to give an example.

You never start with nothing in RTS, you will always have some starting profit, a main base and a worker.

This is to simulate the transition between the normal economy to war economy, as example USA before 39 to USA in 41.

You can say the same thing about Chess, though. Positioning is a very universal concept.

Chess lacks the logistics part of warfare.

Chess is about tactics.

RTS games are often about who can build more, faster.

And war is about who has better logistics and churn out more meat for the grinders.

Though, in RTS, rushing i.e. blitzkrieg is also a very viable tactics.

Logistics in RTSes don't really resemble reality in any meaningful way though, aside from the fact that you get more resources to make units as your economy gets more geared up for war.

oh my God please make this true
t./gsg/

Chess utilizes tactics and strategy. The strategy part is setting up the board well before the fighting ever starts. Tactics is the turn-by-turn decision making.

Logistics in real life is about getting the supplies to your units.

In RTS, this process is simplified that there's no concurrent supply lines that you can attack, but you can destroy the resources building or destroy the worker units, ruining the supplies needed to create or house units.

Do elaborate on setting up the board since you can customize your base in RTS, but I don't think you can change the chess position in chess.

tactics are very important in war. more so than "meat for the grinders"

Agree to disagree.

When you have enough logistics backing you, your tactics can be simplified to just point and click.

pretty much anyone in ww1 disagrees

in an rts, yes. which is my complaint about rts games.

well, you said it, not me.

Well, you can complain all you want, but Soviet's deep battle strategy and Patton's rapid advancement is about as simple as driving your tank collumn forward in the most straight, most direct way possible.

Well, yes, the Allied's strategy in the western front was driving tanks to Berlin.

The same for eastern front.

The thing I don't get is why worker units exist to collect resources. I hate microing worker units in RTSes but I like most other things. Dawn of War 1 is still one of my favorites.

It adds a bit to strategy because if you kill all the workers, you destroy the enemy ability to construct building and gather resources.

Picture provided without further comment

No you stupid nigger
That's achieving near-perfection in a video game
Stop talking

Near perfection or not, it's nowhere near the feeling of beating an enemy in a wargame.

That gives super satisfaction as you have completely owned the enemy while still having enough units/resources to go at another.

I doubt you've done what that user has done anyways so it likely doesn't matter bothering to argue with you

The early setup is about strategy. You aren't really achieving anything with the first few moves, but it's about setting up to limit piece movement by your enemy while giving you as much freedom as possible.

One of the best feelings I've had in vidya was playing the CoH Blitzkrieg mod and watching my heavy panzers popping Shermans and holding off hordes of Allied armor

When I used to play Red Orchestra, the most satisfying shit in that game was picking the standard rifleman class (Schuetze) and popping Russian stormtroopers with their Finnish SMG clones before they could even shoot me while indoors. Kar98 hipshooting was god tier.

Doom 2 when you hit a zombieman with a double barrelled shot gun and they turn into paste.

Pretty much any game where you have high powered/short range weapons and enemies that can gib if they take enough damage.

It's funny cause it's true
Best vidya feeling is winning a Super Mario Strikers match gone into overtime for about 4 minutes straight, dick hard as diamonds and flaccid in the matter of microseconds.

JOKES ON YOU FAGGOT!

ive been trying to play c&c games but it doesn't work on windows 8.1 and RA2 is all choppy and laggy.

>1cc a Touhou game for the first time on normal

I actually had this feeling the last time during Gothic 1, where you are encouraged to wipe out a certain camp.

the greatest feeling is when you score a huge number of kills with an area of effect attack

ice levels

It's not enough to simply crush your enemies. Overrunning a base in an RTS with massive power is a hollow feel. The best feel is to absolutely humiliate them. To see them utterly defeated by something magnitudes weaker than them

Second set of soldiers look like falling dominos after getting killed.

I never feel that way playing RTS games. I always feel like I'm commanding a unit factory, racing an opposing factory in production. Don't get me wrong, the feeling is good when you overrun your enemy, but it doesn't give the same feeling as achieving your desired borders and building a thriving economy in a grand strategy game.

Grand strategy games get bored to me because it's just painting map, with no tactics involved.

You actually get the juicy bit of conquer and massacre in RTS games where you destroy every personnel and buildings of the enemy's side.

I disagree.

Winning by a hair's streak is a pretty good feeling, but nothing gets my dick harder than completely destroying the enemy with superior force and with no chance of losing (by that point).

That is complete domination.

Paradox grand strategies can become map painters. But they are still your best bet if you want a long-term war strategy that makes you feel like a general. RTS can't do that, though they are better for on-the-field battle tactics. Pre-Empire Total War games are probably the absolute best games for that feel, though. Much more satisfying than the standard resource grinders, in my opinion.

i would love a total war like game made by some passionate indie, no need for fancy graphics

To me that feel is when my team narrowly avoids defeat. If that's accomplished through amazing feat of luck and coincidence, that adds to exhilaration. Steamrolling your enemy unimpeded is pretty boring.

The phrase is "a hair's breadth".

define fancy and passionate

Total War games are like RTS except you produce units on the TBS maps.

And why limit yourself to pre-Empire games, post-Empire you have Napoleon, Shogun 2, Attila and Warhammer, which are all good games.

Try Ultimate General series.

I'd rather not pay an extra $7.99 each to unlock all the factions.

Napoleon and Shogun 2 have gotten complete edition, still waiting for Attila and Warhammer to get one.

Or you can just pirate em all.

Maybe some day. I've got a big enough list of games I want to try and I've barely scratched the surface of EB, let alone the Medieval 2 mods I'd like to try. Then there's the fact that the battles aren't as good in the newer Total War games, even if giant units are a bit intriguing.

You're both wrong. defeating an opponent who vastly out numbers you. Considers you at most a minimal threat. using superior tactics to cripple them, And then overwhelming their base with a massive army. And then afterwards seeing that you suffered at worst low casualties wall your enemy suffered hundreds of thousands. That truly is the greatest feeling

Strategy games are good, though the only non-turn based one that comes to mind is Ogre Battle. Great stuff though.

That moment in an FPS after you kill the final enemy after an drawn out and intense fight and everything gets quiet while you survey the carnage. Even better if enemies can go into a wounded state for you to execute afterwards.