Too many games

Fuck, it's either nothing or too much.
How do you decide what games to play when there are lots of them to choose from at once?

Those "classics" didn't age, you did.

why

How do you explain classics that didn't age?
Some old games are still fun and playable, while some others are not anymore.

Which "classics" and why do you say that?

Because those games that you thought were good weren't actually good, you just didn't have a strong frame of reference for what a good game was. Now you're old as fuck, and your tastes are highly refined, so you're now easily able to pick out the great from the mediocre with old games.

You may have "had fun" with those shit-tier tiger electronics handhelds in the early 90s, but that doesn't mean that they were good.

Comfort zone.
You know the game in and out, learned it and is good at it. You don't need to adapt to anything new.
Same principle as when people play MMOs for thousands of hours.

I don't want to trigger any fans so I'd rather not name them.

What crazy lala land do you live in?

This. Name them OP

Cuckchan is two blocks down buddy.

Nobody said that. They asked which games.

OH my god, I love Billy! ^_^
BOY(M)NEXT(M)YEAR

haha

you sound like you're from cuckchan tbqh

Fuck off already.

Then your thread is worthless and you are a coward.

no argument, clearly a gen-z twerp who doesn't like old games until you can buy the casualized remake for $59.99

fuck you

Why are you even here?

what games, I need something to play

so right now it's tekken, bloodborne & the silver case

certain mechanics & ideas that were revolutionary when the game was released become standardized and are executed better than the original version you remember. other things were just cooler to you because you were a dumb kid and it was the first time you saw them. even shitty old games can be interesting if you're autistic enough to play through them with a historical perspective

A whole bunch of good games? I can understand one really good niche game getting released to no fanfare whatsoever, or some fun mods for a 20+ year old game, but come the fuck on man.

>Total War: WARHAMMER II
Reminder to just filter shitposters and not give them any (you)s.

How do you play more than one game at once?

So I should filter OP?

I don't blame OP. It's vogue on this board to circlejerk about all those amazing games released before user's parents even started dating, and pretend as if the only people who like games newer than 2007 are autistic cuck SJWs, when in fact 2007 was when they were in kindergarten.

liar liar pants on fire

What timeline are you in? There hasn't been a new game that interests me in months, and even those have been few and far between for the past several years. Maybe I just have a narrow taste.

I don't blame him either. Holla Forums is absolutely enthralled by the mindset of, "If I hate everything, I can't be accused of having shit taste." At the same time, I honestly don't see many games these days that interest me, so my personal experience is one of a slow drip-feed.
At least I have time to go back and finish my backlog now, though. I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm done with it.

Name them already faggot. Now I'm curios.

See
Though Nimbus doesn't look particularly good.

I don't play isometric games.
Looks interesting, but animu faces are an instant disqualifier.
Looks OK, like a typical Zelda imitator. Will check it out. Not a fan of the cartoony look, but that's not a dealbreaker.
I like stealth games, but this recent trend of top-down imitators are just glorified Pac-Man.
I don't play strategy games.

Looking at a video of warhammer 2 it honest to god looks exactly like the first.
Steamworld Dig 2 was released this year and truth be told it's pretty kickass. The movement is pretty great and playing it makes me wonder whatever happened to the Motherlode games.

That's not how you do things. It's not rocket science and you still somehow fuck it up.
When you want to fill the meantime: you either replay great games or scout and play good games.
When you are bored and feeling like there are no games: you limit your distractions and scout great games.
When you are swept by modern releases: you finish whatever you have started first, then play 1-3 at a time.
Classics and opinions don't matter when you are not feeling like enjoying those games or any game really. The moment you treat differently individual games by their stature in gaming community and not by your own judgment on how enjoyable the game is - you fail at understanding of why one should play games.

Go back cuckchanner.

Why are you putting words in his mouth? Maybe he's just a picky fucker.

Most of the best games ever made are isometric.
His opinion isn't worth shit.

Maybe if you're a pcfat. But games with real gameplay are shit using isometric views. First-person, side-scrolling, top-down are all better.

I'm having trouble thinking of good isometric games with actual game play, I mean if all you like are poor table top adaptations like planet escape tournament you have some pretty awful taste.

Like what? The only potentially good games that have been released recently were Ruiner and Hob (on hte same day, mind you).

>>>/cuckchan/

Every day I see more and more reasons to disable TOR posting. Like, I know why it's great in theory but nearly all TOR posts are by people who only TOR post because they'd be instantly banned otherwise.

Dominions 5
You fucking plebs if I see one more person say warhammer 2 I'm going to hack into 8ch and delet it.

Bastion and Transistor

Automatic bait flag

How good is Hob?

It's out yet?

Titanfall 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Botw, Nioh, ect. The "no good games after x date" meme is old user.

Warhammer 2 is pretty great considering its free :^)

November at the earliest user.

When?

Fuck

All of the games I liked as a kid still hold up. I just can't enjoy them the same way because I'm better at games now and already know all the details.

There is no challenge and nothing to discover. I know the story, the secrets and tricks.

Indeed, the older games are still good but at this point I've seen it all.

whoooo-weee, would you look at those ID numbers