Mouse polling rate

Any of you fucks know how to get a consistent polling rate out of your mouse?
I've got my kinzu v3 set to 1000hz and it goes from 12hz to 1033hz.
lowering the polling rate averages it out abit but it still goes from 12hz to 120-125hz
anyway to average it out?

nice deviantart

wat

being this new
I bet you dont even know what GAL男宣言 is.

Download and run LatencyMon and post results.

isn't that for audio?

Mostly but it'll show if your USB drivers are fucking up bad.

My jam.

this is what i got

Well it's not your drivers. If all your USB ports give the same problem, my guess is a faulty mouse.

damn, that's 2 separate faulty mouses then cause I tested my roommates Asus Strix and got similar results

Huh. Is there any mouse software installed on your computer?

If not that, maybe a firmware update if your mouse has those sorts of things.

If not that, maybe a faulty southbridge.

If you want to dig for answers, Quake and CS boards usually have the most autistic mouse discussion.

Most mice (usb ports) don't support 1khz polling rates. My ss sensei has been 1khz since 2011. Before I tweaked a $10 mouse to get 1khz. You have to use 2 programs. Its autistic and haven't done that in years, gotta install an unsigned driver, which you had to use a program, and bump polling reg key up, restart pc etc. Better off buying a mouse with 1khz poll software that auto installs. My keyboard has a 1khz switch too. Those are 120hz default, or was it 500..

Basically if you did it to 1khz and it jumps down/isn't consistant 1khz when testing, drop it to 500 and you'll get more stable use. That's probably your problem.

yeah, I just tried those autists but their answers weren't nearly as autistic as I thought they'd be.
Their reasons for why a mouse is better then another is because
1. It has "gaming mouse" in the description
2. its expensive
3. its modular

and the reasoning behind this appears to be that any mouse above 25$ is as smooth as the rest. All I want is a mouse that can recognize the smallest spec of movement and show that on screen.

I just found this one program that just edits the driver automatically for your mouse to just be 1khz. It works pretty good.

OP, if you are using that one program that tests the polling rate of your mouse, reading a fluctuating range of hz is totally normal. I would post a screenshot shot of my own results if I wasn't on mobile, but basically when you move the mouse slowly it only ticks in at whatever hz is necessary to register that movement. When I move the mouse like a spastic child on a pound of cocaine then it reads a constant 1000hz.

Actually I've been running at 500hz lately because I discovered that one game (Soldier of Fortune) runs into a nasty glitch when using 1000hz, but 500 works perfectly.

Fucking phone shenanigans.

That's normal, directinput only updates when your mouse does.
If your mouse refreshes but doesn't send any data because it didn't read anything directinput will supress the input and the program won't read it.
If you want to look at actual instability on your refresh rate see how it varies when you're moving it around. For instance if I set my mouse to 2khz it'll do 1800hz on average while hopping between 1600hz and 2khz, but if I set it to 1khz it'll do 1khz perfect when I drag it around.
Also make sure both windows (if you're a windowscuck) and your computer have HPET enabled, it helps with a bunch of latency related stuff that leads to less overall latency and better mouse input, and if your computer's configuration and windows' mismatch windows will translate timers which fucks shit up. I say windows because windows by default never enables HPET whereas loonix autodetects whatever is best.

Thanks enabling HPET actually made a noticeable difference
another quick question.
When a mouse says its 125-2000 cpi but it has a setting that it can go up to 4000 and nothing inbetween 2000 and 4000. What does that mean? Is it not true 4000 cpi? does it just double the processes of 2000 cpi?

It was called hidusbf if you ever need it again for anything.

I hadn't even considered OP would make such a mistake.

Most sensors can only do 1 CPI value although a few can do more than 1. When you set your CPI to a value that's not the sensor's native CPI the mouse interpolates it. You want to find out your sensor's native CPI and set your mouse's CPI to it.
I don't know how to figure it out from nowhere but sometimes the specifications of the mouse state the native value, or people put out that information on the internet.
If a mouse doesn't have variable CPI at all unless the manufacturer is brain damaged it should be already at the native CPI.

oh and btw the native cpi isn't necessarily the highest or lowest values.
Normally it's 400 or 800, which still means it's not necessarily all mouses out there but I know for a fact that a few years ago only sensors that could do between 100 and 1200 existed although nowadays maybe there's one that can do more.

this is now a GROUP_INOU thread

Your mouse if it has say a 10K DPI sensor, it's always in 10K mode, it just turns down how far it's going to move your pointer when you move your mouse

As long as you have your mouse sensitivity set to 1:1 ratio in windows you're fine

(You)

(You)

(You)

(You)

I really hate how this subject is so astray and polarizing
I think I'd only trust an answer from a mouse engineer
Or the only way is to buy more mice and compare

Hi OP, it appears you fell for the USB meme. Since there is no other solution, try being patient for now.

I don't even know if I did, but sure whatever I guess I fell for something. All the information on this subject is wack

Mouse engineer at your service!

I want to fuck Gadget