Former Ubisoft developer blames "Toxic Gamers" for their Train Wrecks

oneangrygamer.net/2017/09/former-ubisoft-dev-blames-toxic-gamers-for-industrys-bad-practices/40465/

Jesus Christ, Ubisoft is completely full of themselves that they think toxic gamers is the reason why they're releasing poor quality games.
They can't just blame themselves for their travesties.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/PPQHT
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/obs-view
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/bongout
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/kravall
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/muhengine
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/kravall/commits/84d7410b319e4151bd3a96967b4ef9de363794f7
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toxic_(move)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's no telling how many incompetent people they still have that they can't fire without legal repercussions and how many more actually talented people they've already blacklisted over inane corporate politics.

Nice clickbait. archive.is/PPQHT
He's right, any information given openly will be dissected, interpreted, misinterpreted, and used to attack an "enemy." But he doesn't capture the whole of the problem, which is that social media enables this to happen everywhere, in every industry, with a variety of different people playing the role of antagonists. And half the reason it works is that devs personally opt in to this social network, without pseudonyms, making it trivial to target any particular person you'd like to take issue with.

Go away Ubishill.

I like that this faggot thinks we want to hear him prattle on about his fucking day job. Just make a good game, faggot.

Wew, was he Jewish? Probably claims to hate Capitalism too.

In the case of ubisoft and many others, they deserve every single bit of it.
And above all these devs who think they are public heroes while making trash, need to be taken off their high horse.

Gee it's almost as if you say your job which has easier and more accessible tools than ever before is difficult, people think you're incompetent.

When everything you say comes straight from your ass, don't be surprised when people throw shit back at you.

He's kind of right about the kid though, devs have no financial oversight so can at worst be incompetent/hamfist SJW shit in. Publishers are the only one with motivation to be greedy, devs get a fixed wage whatever happens. I'd even argue shitty games are mostly down to the publisher in many cases now. There's no one passionate about the project for constant QA as the devs have no control and no input so are probably not as interested in making sure the final product is polished. SJW shit leeching in is also a product of apathy as publishers either don't care or want to pander for review scores.

Older games where the devs were in full control of their game are often great and well optimized as the devs were making the game they wanted to make and had full control of it.

But their job isn't secure, so they have to perform really well. And games suck dick lately so that makes things harder for devs to find stability.

"Toxic" is such a faggoty buzzword. His opinion can be immediately discarded. Here, have a video shitting on jewbisoft's garbage.

He's got some points. The complete internet freakout about frustum culling in Horizon: Zero Dawn shows absolutely retarded gamers can be (including Holla Forums).

I don't know how many times I've read
you're all goddamn retarded.

1:23

Why the fuck are they crying publicly about their job to begin with? Who the fuck cares? I don't care what you love to talk about. I'll go read a post mortem if I give a shit.

DELET THIS
STOP THIS CRINGE

Shaders are a single, very SMALL part of a model. The current era is full of single color textures covered up by bump map shaders, most games that use these things end up having characters that look greasy and gross as fuck because they're compensating for lack of texture artistry by using a flawed method.

There's almost no skin work in texturing in the modern era, it's always covered by shaders, while the only artwork done is to the eyes and lips, not even the lips most of the time.

source being a dude actually educated in this shit. I went to classes for this shit and the coursework is lazy ass bullshit.

What kind of backwards bullshit video game company blames the people who play games for everything that goes wrong? It's like McDonald's saying they're losing business because people are going to real restaurants and those people are scum for making that choice for themselves. What these Marxist fags really want is a Communist regime where people's habits are dictated to them and buying propaganda games is mandatory.

That's an eloquent rebuttal.

Ubisoft being incompetent losers? What a surprise

Yes, I'm sure performance under relaxed conditions where devs have autonomy is comparable to them having to produce results for fear of being fired.

If the kid's pinning "greed" on the devs he's an idiot who doesn't understand how the publisher/developer dynamic works. I'm also sure that many shitty AAA dev companies that have had all internal cohesion destroyed by layoffs and hacks being inserted through nepotism are simply incompetent. But for any halfway decent dev lack of optimization is likely due to time and budget constraints imposed on them by the publisher.
Devs like Bioware can fuck off either way, but a lot of the time it seems devs get shit flung at them for what is probably the publisher's fault.

wut

The current era is using complex PBR shaders with scan based textures. The fact that skin looks like ass is due to talentless artists, not because of shaders.

It's BECAUSE they're talentless artists that they're using shaders in the first place to cover for it.

I don't fucking know how you were taught, if at all, but the first fucking thing you work on is the texture, not the shader. Shaders are fucking easy status bar shit, it doesn't take work to use them, which is why they're widely used.

You're only restating what I've said.

At least Ubisoft isn't EA.

EA is the most hated vidya company.

At least Ubisoft made the original Splinter Cell trilogy and Battlezone, great games.

This is the "toxic harassment" this person is talking about? This? That sounds like stern criticism at best, which is a healthy thing to be throwing at people, especially for a kid as young as 13. It means he's thinking critically and questioning the world and the people that roam it.
I thought he was going to say that the kid started ripping into him calling him a numale faggot or something, as that could potentially qualify as harassment somewhere, but nope. This dude is just whining about ordinary human discourse and pretending it's like a mustard gas attack on his psyche.

Fucking thin-skinned SJWs wastes of carbon need to all die.

I understand all that but read the quote and tell me the guy isn't a fucking faggot. Any "normal and justifiable" reason he may state still will not say anything good about the current state of the game industry. And any attempt he made to try and play himself off as the voice of reason and understanding is completely nulled by his sorry-ass sperg over "toxic culture" and "harassment." Even if the low quality of Ubisoft's games aren't entirely his fault, he's still an irredeemable piece of shit who acts like he is being persecuted in the face of entirely reasonable criticism.

Why can't they hate their bosses and fellow employees like every other worker? Why talk shit about the people who might fund your work?

Do you know that it was Ubicucks who created the first DRM for PC.

How the fuck are people this easily offended? The guy gets blown the fuck out by teenagers for fuck's sake, send this person to a mental institution, he is clearly not possessing the mental faculties required to walk out in the streets, let alone to hold a job.

But the more likely story on why this is being published:

Typical diversionary tactics. It will blow up in their faces soon enough.

Even EA once had good games. that doesn't excuse their shit just like you shouldn't excuse ubicuck.

How are you going to render without shaders you fucking autist? "shaders are easy", sure thing, show me your great fucking pbr shaders that support area lights and real time GI. FAGGOT

This is an important point. From what I've seen over the years, most devs believe they deserve kudos for the games they make simply because they took a lot of time and effort to make.
It seems that they never got the memo that all the time and effort in the world are completely meaningless if the end result is mediocre or worse.

Correct responses to "I worked really, really hard on this":

I guess this thread can get dumber after all.

Child in an adult's body.

This is how they shut people down in conversation, as soon as real criticism comes their way they huddle up and call it offensive.

When you confront them alone they do the same shit and deny, deny, deny until you leave.

My sister does this shit and she goes to debate class. This tells you a lot about how debate classes are run now.

You do know this shit is built in engine and is a bunch of sliders, right? You don't need to build this shit from scratch and no one does.

I'm currently going through a class on the stuff and it's not challanging at all.

Yep, didn't disagree with that assessment.

Maybe if you're a shit tier dev who can't make anything from scratch. Enjoy wasting your time and money on shit tier education.

Dicksucking for virtue points.

I wouldn't call it "toxic", but it is objectively bad so to speak and getting worse. The AAA game studios making bad games doesn't help it either.. People who buy into the microtransaction crap and then there's hype trains which are a huge issue and have been for years.

Have you noticed that all the shit evil publishers we've hated for years turned into SJWs and fancy themselves rebellious gommies despite getting even greedier and more anti-consumer than ever?
Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc. Same shitbags as before but with a "woke" new coat of paint.
Really makes you think.

At least I actually know what i'm talking about, unlike you. You abandoned the shader conversation to attack a different point, so that means you concede and admit that you were talking shit and couldn't back it up.

Congrats, and the actual education got me farther then looking it up online.

You should try harder. What's the point of discussing shader implementation with a admitted UE4/Unity-fag? You obviously know nothing of low level implementations, "all that shit is built in", you're just another run of the mill retarded faggot studying at EA/Ubisoft-bootcamp. The moment standard shaders do not fulfill your needs you are fucked and you're pretty much fucked anyway because standard implementations and your drag-n-drop bullshit is woefully unoptimized. It's why we see retarded shit like games compiling over 2000 shaders for simple scenes, because retards like you, make a new shader for simple visual changes, mudering performance on state changes alone. You know nothing, you goddamn fag.

Subversion is a powerful thing and when you are constantly surrounded by people who all have the same political views, it becomes a second-nature thing and the need to question never comes to mind. I also think that a lot of these guys were geeks with low self-esteem and were not prepared for the influx of stronger, more aggressive personalities that came along with these corporate invasions.

EA is only worse because they've been around longer and had more opportunities to cannibalize developers. If we could go back in time and swap their places I'd imagine we would get similar if not worse, from a quality standpoint at least, results.

Sounds like someone's reeeeeeeallly mad.

Electronic Arts also used to publish good games along long time ago.

Look up the documentary Century of Self. Capitalist consumerism and the victimology of Frankfurt brand Marxism has been like working together like Penibutter and Chocolate for years now.

What a nigger. I doubt you'll even be able to get a job at Ubisoft and they hire anything with a pulse these days.

If "UMAD" is really the only response you can muster, I'd say he hit the nail on the head.

So, Heroes of Might and Magic VII is MY fault now?

I don't think many devs have relaxed conditions at any point. You can just take a look at how often even relatively good smaller studios get sold off.

Not really.

What response can you say to a bunch of statments focused on character assassination instead of arguing on the point?

You're defending namecalling in an argument because you got triggered that I actually went to college to get educated on shit so I could get hired.

Look lad, your superior ever-enlightened posting would really be more appreciated at >>>/reddit/, maybe you should go there?

I think a bunch of namecalling away from the center point is the definition of mad. You can't argue your points so you resort to character assassination attempts.

It's mostly on point with some nice little stings mixed in there. By calling it a "character assassination" you're exhibiting a level of hysteria similar to the dev in the OP.

Game development is a retarded business. Studios continually trash whatever they make in favor of "iteration" (which is almost always just pointless flailing), wasting tons of money and living from project to project. If they don't have a new project instantly after finishing the current one, they're pretty much always fucked. They also have retarded hiring practices. Look at Ubisoft Massive, they were at 400 employees about a year ago and will have expanded to 600 by next year for their Avatar project. There is NO WAY for a company to expand by 50% manpower effectively, it's just not happening. They're essentially throwing money in a wood chipper so they can make a bigger project. I can guarantee this is how a lot of game companies (and software companies in general) operate all over the world.

Here's your (you)

Alright, then tell me, what was he arguing, if you're so educated on the subject?

What said.

Also, it looks like he is talking about building engines from scratch whereas you're speaking from the point of view of developing a game in an existing engine, but I don't know to much about developing.

testing: Peanut butter

And so we see the refuge of the loser of the argument.

You're ridiculous, you don't even know what you're talking about, you think shaders are fucking hard for god's sake. Have you ever actually made a 3d game?

Getting real tired of this word. People just attach it to things they don't like, so they can weasel out of explaining why the thing they don't like is wrong or harmful.

If it were so easy to do that instead of altering existing engines to suit the game, there would be a LOT of competition between Unity and Unreal.

I'm not, nor have I pretended to be. I'm just commenting on your relative debate styles.
Even if you were 100% correct and he was 100% incorrect, you would come across as a desperately trying to make excuses here and he would come across as condescendingly correct. You don't have to be safe-space friendly to be right.

Devs are treated badly, but on the other hand consumers need their $60-$100 dollar's worth.

Have you coded with OpenGL, WebGL, or Direct X? You have to make shaders manually. You have three types of shaders in them; vertex, fragment, and geometry.

Most of my games have been posted on Holla Forums a lot of times, faggot. Why don't you show me yours?

The reason to build engines from scratch is because standard solutions don't fit your needs. Unity and UE4 are perfectly fine for your average walking sim or shooter, but if you're making something more specific you might be better off making your own engine. Unless you're c058aa, who is obviously incapable of something like that and too retarded to admit it.

Alright, expert man, post your custom engine made from scratch.

Have fun.

bitbucket.org/Bentebent/obs-view

Employees should be treated harshly so the weak ones are culled. A problem arises, such as is happening in the recent CURRENT YEARS, when masochistic numales flood into workplaces who love being abused because they realize that they're inherently useless and just want a father figure to chastise them.
Of course, the meritocracy model also presupposes that industries aren't built as massive treadmills and actually have advancement opportunities for every deserving worker - an ideal that is unrealistic to say the least.

I am wewing my ass off right now

Or go here, because it's actually more finished.

bitbucket.org/Bentebent/bongout
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/kravall
bitbucket.org/Bentebent/muhengine

Where's all your cool shit, faggot?

I wouldn't mind listening to game developers talk about what's possible or what's not, why things ended up the way they did but shifting the blame to consumers is petty.

"Boo abloo, we refuse to own up to why our games release half-baked and buggy and when we tell gamers our excuses, they just shit on us. Boo abloo. Game developers are such victims."

That's all this is. Some faggot from a widely hated company preaching about how Game Developers are poor victims of their consumers. How they're just good bois that need asspats.

Across every industry, there's always a bunch of cunts with their heads up their asses who act distastefully towards devs. Doesn't make the "community" as a whole toxic. If that was the case, then the planet as a whole is toxic.

They can't handle the bantz so they retreat and seclude themselves in their gamedev echo chamber instead of getting a thicker skin and meaningfully engaging those who are actually willing to have a discussion.

They never do this because they know they'd be showed up by modders in under a week. Remember when Notch would constantly declare some widely requested feature to be impossible?

When will they stop whining? My five year old cousin sucks it up when his father tells him to stop being a little shit. This is what happens when parents don't beat their children and bullies don't get to cull the herd.

BTFO
T
F
O

Yet devs of the past had no problem whatsoever properly optimizing their games despite the fact that they had a miniscule, insignificant, shoe string budget in comparison to games today along with the fact that the consumer base for video games was much much smaller. Shit optimization is the fault of hiring incompetent marxist nu-males and pajeets who couldn't get the big boy programming jobs because they are fucking retards who can't think critically.

>developers on a payroll blatantly stealing mod ideas and concepts. see: Bethesda
How will they ever recover.
Shit like this makes me really lose hope for the industry. Most, if not all, the good vidya comes from small to medium-sized studios nowadays. Triple-As are bloated and casts such a wide demographic net that the game is watered down as fuck so players don't get "alienated".

When will studios that come from modding or studios with niche passions retake this crippled industry and make it great again?

Really makes you think. Maybe they should wonder if it is them becoming more of a little bitch instead of others becoming more "toxic".
Of course, self-reflection is a concept completely foreign to these people.

Will someone please think of the devs? These youtube personalities are growing the next generation of harassers! Jesus lad. Dude can't even handle honest criticism from a bloody teenager.

Its like Honey seller blame kid for being allergic to his Honey.

Nice Trips of truth

The really pathetic thing about Bethesda is that you can tell they're actually trying, at least according to their standards, to make a good game. FO4 was their attempt to ape New Vegas. 4+ years and they couldn't accomplish what Obsidian did in 18 months despite ten times the budget and resources. And they're hailed as industry giants and visionaries.

I remember a time when developers actually did try, and often succeeded, despite inferior tech, a minuscule talent pool, lesser budgets and narrower profit margins. The current state of the industry is a disgrace.

Probably never. Call me a dweeb but I feel like video games went to shit precisely when people started calling it an "industry". What else does that word evoke other than a bunch of cheap crap coming off an assembly line? Just compare the era of Atari game development to now, or even game development 5 years after Atari went bankrupt, and you can practically see gaming hanging itself with a noose made out of red tape.

I'm glad we've been getting a bit of an upswing in content coming from these people. Quality over quantity. Let the AAA studios waste their millions on garbage as much as possible.
The sooner they die the better.

Holly shit Candida what the fuck are you doing! I thought the $632 million the US was spending on Google was bad. Candida is spending almost that much on shitty Vidya games.

I'd hate to see what a lazy person looks like to your average Bethesda office drone. Remember the E3 video from this year where they just showed their kids and jacked off over a nearly 2 year old game? It looked like a bunch of overweight middlechoolers.

They're already dead anyway. Profit margins for AAA trash grow narrower with every new release, forcing them to monetize their product more and more (with DLC, microtransactions, per-order bullshit, etc.), thus pissing off their costumers more and more, which leads to less profits and more intrusive monetization schemes. It's a vicious cycle, especially since the industry has stopped growing and there's not that many new suckers they can fleece.

Another issue they face is that they've been milking the same cow for so long all their other IPs have either atrophied or are so toxic no one wants to touch them. Also, the kikery has driven any talent they might have had away, so they're stuck with Pajeets and Marxists that can only produce more buggy, broken shit pandering to people that don't play games. They're already dead, they just don't know it.

They get money from France too I'm pretty sure. You'll never see the real details on this crap but I'd be willing to bet it's in the billions ballpark.

That's what they are. You hear Pete Hines speak and you can't help but wonder how such a fucking idiot got such an important position.

God knows how much money they get from the likes of Soros to churn out anti-white propaganda.

What in the fuck? For what purpose? Is this some kind of under the cover thing that not many people know about? How are the frogs not fuming at the mouth?

I bet if they are also evading taxes like Activision Blizzard then it possibly the trash they produce is still profitable. Like the video game industry version of Uwe Boll, Boll being an IRL version of The Producers by Mel Brooks.

really activates your activates your almonds doesn't it?

Supporting culture. Hollywood has been doing the same for decades.

What would a solution for this even be? Tax a company's profits multiple times for every country it holds an office in? I'd be okay with that if only to watch most major businesses file bankruptcy in unison.

It's not tax evasion, it's fiscal optimization goy, every big company does it!

"Muh jobs" if I had to guess. Let's just ignore the fact it goes into the hands of people who don't put any back in though.

Oh and if you where fallowing GG back in the day there was a ton of money form the DoJ and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation flooding into the games industry to promote Social Justice propaganda.

Huge tariffs on foreign/international companies? More protectionism? Globalism is overrated and Milton Friedman was a conman.

Literal cancer will naturally find the cure to be toxic.

nice euphemism for Marxism

It's more than just SJW propaganda. They want to put "educational games" into the Common Core curriculum. It will be a sham like textbooks, where they can name whatever price and schools have to pay, but it will be pure profit because these games are free to make in Twine.

yeah I know, but I honestly couldn't remember all the details.

To be fair, their educational games are all they are good for anymore. Rocksmith is pretty good.

At the same time, I would really hate it if its commie trash devs were ever to feel that they have real influence on the decisions kids make.

Not saying it's a good thing but that's what they call it.

There's a reason he put educational games in quotes. We're talking Depression Quest tier crap here designed to make you stupid.

ubisoft could be forced into cuckolding by Canada
their government has repeatedly again and again spent massive amounts, something like over 500 million canadoughs in ubisoft for just the promise of creating jobs and with zero return of investment.

I would love to hear those justifications.

It is very possible that Depression Quest, with all its stellar reviews, was going to be the banner they wave on Capital Hill as the argue their case for "games as an educational tool." Don't forget Chelsea's aunt was working in tandem with the gates.

I donno fam. If Gates really wanted shitty software doesn't he have ties to a company that makes a lot of that? Why not just get her hired there?

FIXED:

Honestly, would you want Zoe touching anything in any of your offices?

Because Chelsea was an unstable, bipolar mess who got disowned by her father after modeling for shitty softcore porn and her aunt was just trying to do her a favor and give her an opportunity to make this game and she fucked it up royally because she is an unstable bipolar mess.

Yeah, but I mean, still. It seems like a really weird roundabout way of doing something you could do in a very straightforward manner, and Quinn isn't exactly raking in the Gates bucks. That is why she needs these retarded schemes in her life.

I mean, the scenario of her aunt trying to use it as a possible example for some gay little hipster funding scheme with some loose connection to some B&M bullshit is somewhat possible if not plausible, but I would have to doubt any direct connection of the parties involved or a strong direct interest of Bill Gates himself.

I'm still amazed anyone would be willing to fuck her in exchange for favors. Then again, if you're a nu-male cuck I guess your options are pretty limited.

I see oneangrygamer pretty heavily shilled here, it seems to be the only site the filter doesn't block and no one posts archives of it.

I'd wager she gives a much better first impression to strangers irl than she does to anyone who sees her bullshit online. I imagine she can give off a quirky and charming first impression to anyone thirsty enough to take the bait.

Because it's one of the GG-approved websites from the back-when times.
You new or something?

I can tell by the content of the articles, but if you filter a couple of news websites, all should be filtered.

That's moronic. The point of a filter is to let the stuff you want through while excluding the stuff you don't want.

Fuck off faggot.

Which site is this?

That goes against the sentiment that politics should be kept out of videogames and videogame journalism. All politics includes right wing politics as well.

The amount of projection is hilarious
he keeps using terms like "freak out" to try and make it seem like gamers are unhinged and unstable lunatics screaming at him, when in reality he's so unstable he considers someone calling him a shit dev 'harassment"

Reminder that these people are walking projectors

LOL

Enjoy being an unemployed nodev in the future you fucking faggot.

Nice

Spacing

Faggot

MAYBE

you

should

return

to

Reddit?

I know all about shaders, as you can tell by reading the code provided. But you're actually going to argue that I saved 3 year old repos of some random faggot, together with screenshots of all the projects, instead of it just being me.

Add a commit calling him a faggot or something.

Maybe make a small commit to the code containing a comment made under your regular account. If the username that made the commit matches the user that did most of the contributions, it should be proof enough.

bitbucket.org/Bentebent/kravall/commits/84d7410b319e4151bd3a96967b4ef9de363794f7

Nice
I really fucking hate this board

I'm a dev working on a hacking game, and there's been very few people that wanted to "correct" me with how hacking works. Probably because there's no audience yet, so its going to suck when Dunning-Kreuger is in full swing in the discussion forums. But like I said, so far its mostly been "it would be cool if.." rather than "thats not how it works in REAL cyberhacking, faget!"

I think some devs deserve crap, like if you pretend your game has different vehicle tractions but its just fake sliders that do nothing, or (to a lesser extent) the whole "your choices matter" and then the ending is just a differently tinted cutscene. But the real problem is people seizing on throwaway shitposting as evidence of anything. On the other hand, shitposting should be kept to forums/social media, and affects a devs personal life (harassment) is over the line.

Post your shit on more places until you get shat on by hacking autists more often.
Like, make regular threads on Holla Forums and stuff. As long as it's kept related to technicalities specifically.

Did xe just assume xis own gender?

A Hollywoodesque hacking campaign complete with a fake bad ending sounds pretty funny all things considered.

Is it going to have russians?

Fucking hotpockets.

You're even against decent indie journo sites?

You realize that archives also censor "hate" right?

There's a Russian that is always fighting with a Right-Sector Ukranian in your group, but you need the Ukranian because he has access to bulletproof hosting, if you don't mind sharing a server with child model sites. Whereas the Russian can write zero day exploits. Its supposed to be a gameplay tradeoff of who you side with, or you can do storyline exploration and dialogue and try to keep them both.

What I really want to do with the game is make expansion packs that come out right after a hacking event, so a scenario where you're going through all the same steps that the alleged Russian hackers went through to hack Her Emails for example. Or if youre on the other end of the political spectrum, backtrace the connection between the Russian bank and Trumps secret server.

And they call us entitled
You fucking posers are worse than the 13 old kid who triggered him with truth

See attached. Save attached. Spread attached.

This is where capitalism fails, big time. I'm hardly leftpol, but I can't ignore the problem greed introduces into a "free" market.

4D chess, user

Just watch a couple DEFCON talks playlist and skip anything that's not relevant, won't make you a 1337h4xx0r but you'll have some basic understanding of what goes on when you're doing real life hacking, and honestly even if you went for a fully realistic approach on hacking it still would be an interesting game to play

Shit. I missed all this because I was playing the sims. Guess that's what I get for playing shit games.

I wanted to see his sperg out. This is reddit tier shit.

/thread
i can't take seriously whoever uses the word "toxic" unironically (except for his correct use, like toxic waste) or bitches about "muh hate"

There was absolutely no reason to ban him. Being stupid isn't against the rules.
Fuck.

Really though honestly, no major studio has the right to complain about anything being hard at this point, considering all the assets they have available to recycle and toolkits that they have been developing for literally decades.

The guy was banned for being a budding lolcow? This is injustice!

Cancer deserves to be excised

Putting out a shitty product = questioning your resume

This misses the blackmailing Sega with a reverse engineered Genesis for the sake of free licensing. That's why EA games on the Genesis had a different cartridge, and also why there's like a billion of them.

Devs are only treated badly if they're obnoxious shitters who make garbage products

All he did was argue with one person. If you call that lolcow then rename this entire board because it's all that happens here.

OK, don't complain when you're deemed cancer by the (((mods)))

Well, that and a regular LOL thread.

These fucking babies.
He's upset because some young kid didn't immediately take his word as gospel. Why has the internet made people so sensitive? We used to be able to take criticism.

Reminder to vote with your wallet.
Anyone who even so much as buys a game from Bethesda at this point needs to be banned.

We did, sure. I doubt that was ever the case for this faggot though.

That sure is a Ubisoft dev, alright.

you don't understand what it's like to be an artist.

nah

Because its not genuine. They just use the fake outrage as a tool to leverage and the system enables it by co-signing the bullshit as long as it goes with the agenda. Free speech was only a value when the left did not yet have institutional control. Universal free speech was merely a tool to subvert the old moral order. Now that they have dominance they have no planes on continuing to allow for open dialogue.

The mainstream left has always been in favor of controlling speech, same with the right.

One day we'll find out all these current year numales are being grown into lab vats, and I won't be surprised.

These post are beyond beta, in fact they are so gamma I think I got superpowers just reading them.

This is the point. I would love to have the time to go play this weird "my customers are entitled"-game online, but I have work to do. These people are shit. Plain and simple. It's not about the games, it's not about the quality, it's about making the world your hugbox and blaming everyone else about it not being it. What a perfect timeline to be alive.

So, in other words, he lied through his teeth, because he's such a beaten houswife he'd rather pretend that these things "are normal and have justifications" rather than explain the truth - "As developers we have zero power and are entirely at the mercy of a couple dozen fat, balding sociopathic publishing executives and the hordes of water-head shareholders that they talk to. If some literal retard with a 15% stake in the company thinks everyone'll work harder if they strangled their pets then you can bet your ass you'll have to do it, that is unless you want HR to nail a disciplinary form to your dick. Literally every single video game dumpster fire you've seen released throughout your lifetime has been the fault of some exec coming along and saying "fuck it, people will buy it" and kicking it out the door, regardless of what the dev team has to say."

Publishers are greedy scum, and some developers are dishonest lying liberals and SJWs. Therefore all developers are guilty and they have to put up with everything I throw at them, on and off work hours, or else I'll call a witch hunt on them. Doesn't matter if they do their job well and never talked to a publisher in their entire lives, all developers are terrible and they should be glad that I even pirate their shit.
Unless they live in Japan, because I simply don't know what they're saying and so they can't ruin the idealized image I've got of them. I can worship every fart they put out and never feel bad about it.

Are you having problems, friend?

Seriously we should have a list of publishers, and buying any of their games is a banable offence
EA and Ubisoft at the top of the list, naturally

That looks interesting, but google gives nothing because retarded assfaggots devs are named similarly

Where can i find out more about this game?

there are more, actually, such as tasselation. You need to program vertex and fragment yourself if you want to make anything in OpenGL (at least, in its newer versions. 3.0+, I think?), geometry and others will have some default one in place, but you can program those too if the default ones aren't cutting it.

Are you?

I'm great

All Idiots,shitskins and Redditors alike should be banned, but not before they amuse us with their stupidity.

It's actually a loophole that they're exploiting that could be fixed, vid related explains it well.

>shitty games are mostly down to the publisher in many cases now
in case you missed it there's this thing called crowdfunding these past 8 years or so that puts a big hole in your blame the publisher narrative that popularised in the late 90's-early 00's by the sheer amount of trash that has been churned out by long time supposedly respected developers in the industry that were at one time or another portrayed as victims of the ebul publisher

That would be even more side-splitting if it was in reality just an user pranking some random redditor using the same username for all his other accounts.

i thought i smelled something fowl

I didn't expect anything from ubisoft in the first place, but this is pretty pathetic.

"A government-supported artist is an incompetent whore!"

Im talking about Modern DRM Not CD Keys. you fucking Idiots. things like always on drm

Assassin's Creed Unity is the most solid AssCreed there is and could easily be made into a near-perfect game.

Did MarioXRabbids sell like shit?

Every fucking time

Ubisoft, EA and Bioware aren't going to go away. Even if theyre in the red and hemorrhage employees and profits, Soros money will keep them afloat because of agenda pushing

Microsoft and Sony aren't strictly vidya and have their own other propping

What's soros money.
Because really, all of them should have closed by now.

Ubisoft is kept afloat by government funding, they havent made a profit in years. No idea about EA and bioware is just part of EA. Wouldnt be surprised if EA used some (((tricks))) and their sports games shovelware to stay afloat either. Sadly I think enough retards still give EA money

George Soros is a Hungarian born jew who earned his billions by destabilizing countries and profiting off said chaos. If you trace where the money comes from, it eventually leads to him or similar people. Right now, he's funding Antifa groups, as well as the liberal push and migrant capitulation. He's not the only one but he's the most public.

(Theres also allegations that the DNC funded ISIS using a few shell companies, and also receiving money from him).

Its quite scary. If you'd rather play games in ignorance, I'd suggest keeping away from Holla Forums

He outright said it

Holy Shit and I passed over that thread thinking it was another overwatch circlejerk.

Thank you for sharing that with me user, it made my day

All of the Nintendo e-celebs shut up about it overnight so probably.

Funny as that is, I'd ask if it would kill people to take a proper screencap compilation of a thread these days, but I already know the answer to that's probably a "yes" and that very few people would care to invest the proper time to make one compared to the current "throw things all over the fucking place, even posts within posts, and zoom text for emphasis" norm. All I can do is try making them myself when the interest strikes (such as image related), and hope somehow it catches back on.

underrated post

movie hacking games are better anyway

RIP Uplink Hacker Elite

this is my favorite picture of all time, thank you so much

At least post the follow up, faggot.

It makes me very happy to see these posted. This redditard posts in the gamergate threads, all overwatch threads, and the AGDG threads. Post these and tell him to fuck off whenever you see his distinct posting style or notice him talking about his vaporware Rust clone. I haven't seen him around recently, I can only hope he has fucked off for good after his humiliation.

Cant say I noticed his cancerous ass in the GG threads, val comes close though.

What a fucking pussy.
If tools are so easy my 12 year old cousin can dick around in unity for a bit and make a game, no matter how simple or shitty it is, then these fuckers have no excuse, especially since these morons are doing it for a living and not for a hobby or out of curosity.
I really can't wait for the day an decent indie game blows the everloving fuck out of assassins creed and all the similar AAA games in the genre.

Take your lumps, Ubisoft.

this whale simulator looks more fun then any aaa game released this year.

(you)

Your point?

filtered

Okay?

Don't forget the mods banning nigs for shitting on overwatch.
/domg/ had half their posts deleted for 3 months straight while one or two of their members shit on the game.
But yet Mark thinks these fucking retards are fine and good to moderate the board.

Soros is a 3000-year-old vampire from the steppes of Hungary who spends most of his time slumbering in his sarcophagus in a glacier at the North Pole. When he's not doing that, he's giving obnoxiously huge donations to CNN and MSNBC.

I started a /domg/ thread a couple weeks ago with a backstory for my pretender in the OP and the stupid mod deleted it because he thought it was an rp thread. I think from now on, someone should only be allowed to volunteer here if they actually play good video games and stay away from AAA filth. I mean, what's the point of having this board to discuss and discover good games when the mod staff has the same tastes as any dimwit who browses reddit?

Everything is so fucking fake it pains to watch,

you archive everything in case it gets deleted or changed.

anyone who willingly works for cancer companies like ubisoft deserve every accusation they get. If you didn't want to contribute to the decline of video games you wouldn't fucking work for triple ayy jew devs and publishers

oneangrygamer is the most cancerous clickbaity shit even conceived, it's 5 times worse than kotaku no joke. "Decent indie journo site" You should kill yourself fucking nigger. At least niche gamer and maybe even techraptor are trying, this site is just blatant cancer

this image is fake as fuck

The shadow indicates otherwise.

13-year olds can't drive, shave, work, vote, drink, smoke, join the military, hold public office, stay out past 10pm, and they're legally obligated to attend state-run brainwashing facilities. They're kids. Kid.

The owner could of just put it there and took a photo.

would the cat really just sit there until the ripples in the water are gone?

ubisoft blames toxic players
Overwatch head blames toxic players for slow content
who is next to blame TOXIC PLAYERS

Theres a lot of adult content on this website, I dont know if your parents would be wanting you to view it.

how fucking full of yourself to you have to be to project your fucking fuckups on somebody else
own it, learn from it, do better next time
dont be a dick

Why hasn't Nintendo banned this sick filth yet?
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toxic_(move)

You are operating on the assumption that the picture wouldn't have been taken regardless of what the cat did on the stone and that the current result wasn't just one of the many possibilities.

Your current perspective leads you to deride such appellations as dismissive, in time you will realise how little you truly know at this point in your life.

I hope one day americans are genocided.

In all fairnes, id' blame the buggy shittines of their games to the publishers who rush their yearlly secuels
Devs are only responsible for the poz in the writing and the boredom of the gameplay

>Vanilla Ware and Platinum games get shit talked by the (((press)))
The (((press))) cheers them on for doing so

I am not euphoric enought to understand your post.
In my homeland 14 is aoc and you can get married at 16 with your parents/guardians consent.
So no, 13 to 16 aren't kids.

Now now kiddo, thats now what to talk to your elders.

Behold, the logic of a child.

America is a cancer that needs to be wiped out from the face of the earth.

not magically , legaly ; also in america you're free to can fuck off to some middle eastern shithole p.ex like germany where child labor laws are more lax if you don't like it

Hoping Vivendi fucking buys this company with pocket change

and just like that, the one ubishit game I was interested in didn't get bought.

You're right user, if only I had moved real quick to another place I could have avoided the who dumbass teenager thing.
you don't really believe that the AOC age somehow makes you a functioning adult. do you?

XD
You are welcome user, glad you liked it.

I think a guy I know is friends with that faggot.
Oh god, what if he's secretly a redditor too? Should I unfriend him?

Or one of many tries.

Fucking kikes need to hang. Ubisoft/SEGA/Actikike/EA all need to burn.

What? Is this faggot saying he played Quake to look cool or something?

Sega is based, XD.

at the least launch an investigation, one can never be too careful to avoid the reddit menace. besides, if he is reddit it would be crueler to remain his friend as you would be convincing him of his own delusions of humanity.

polite sage for offtopic advice

Yes, that's exactly what he's doing. He's done it for over a year in Overwatch threads

This is the guy that bitched and moaned that Shadow of Mordor stole code without any proof and people called him out on it.

This shit's gettin' posted on /wooo/ next Monday.

I don't think you know what "woke" means. Because that's the opposite of "woke". "Woke" is literally just the normalfag way of saying red pilled.

Is there seriously a nor mie filter now? normalfag

Let me guess, you still go to cuckchan.

why mark. why mods. Why do you have to be so cancer. Don't censor posts in the name of what appears to be the popular opinion, just let them stand and let users call each other niggers if they want to

pigs will love this one

This coming from a burger eternal child is fucking funny

The problem is developers wanting to treat consumers as the 'enemy'. They want to give almost no information on what goes on with the development process for the story or gameplay, then not address any criticisms that come their way because they're afraid of being criticized.

We live in an age of crowdfunding and an abundance of game development tools which make it so smaller studios could operate. So even the idea that we should distance publishers from developers comes across as kinda retarded. They should be treated as a single entity because they are working together to push out a product and those working for these companies have a viable option of simply going their own way if they wanted to.

There should be. Normalfags are far more likely to say normalfag.

kek, i'm retarded. Nor mies are far more likely to say nor mie.

I'll just stop…

What a dickweed - sounds like he needs to come to terms with his own failings.
I was at PAX years ago and was in one of the talks by a dev who worked on Witcher 3. He didn't seem to have any of UbiDev's problems, and was able to go into reasonable detail the challenges and strategies he used in his day-to-day work. Almost every question started with some sort of praise for W3. Humble-as-fuck dude.
Maybe there's something in that old idea of not making a shit game and people won't call you out on it.

cats are smart, I witness them walking with their owners before

Not for 2-3 years now. I thought Mark learned his lesson about filters since the whole cuck fiasco.

You saw tiny house tigers walking their food dispensing slaves.

Mobygames, it's the best site for vidya related information.

But that's bioware.

JEWPLEX CITY!

It's because they don't care. It's the same reason the guy working at Burger King doesn't want to hear about how he's putting too much salt on the fries. He hates his job, hates his life, hates himself. He just doesn't care.