Minetest thread

Been a while since there was a Minetest thread.

Site: minetest.net/
Download: minetest.net/downloads/

Server:
I have a small test server for testing a mod I am writing. When the map gets too messed up I will reset it, so don't build anything you don't mind disappearing. I've set it to be a public server to increase the chance of there being fodder to bully.

Cheating is disallowed if it relies solely on Minetest as an engine. If you find an exploit in my mod specifically, then you can use it as long as you tell me how to do it.

Address: uguu.ddns.net
Port: 30000
Admin username: admin (nobody else has admin authority)

Post if you find bugs or have trouble connecting.

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.minetest.net/Changelog#0.4.15_.E2.86.92_0.4.16
github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/6472
forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=46&sid=7908d13d16214d8e1ee8697a33345d66
packages.debian.org/search?keywords=minetest
github.com/minetest/minetest.gitcd
forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=38
wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Subgames
forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=48
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16083
github.com/SirCmpwn/TrueCraft
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=17096
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18509
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13004
github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14006
github.com/tenplus1/playerplus
github.com/tenplus1/hopper
github.com/bas080/bees
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=9019
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14384
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2960
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=4929
github.com/HybridDog/painting
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15305
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14132
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14633
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9314
youtube.com/watch?v=joFWr3JzBOI
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15643
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7887
github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/1921
wiki.minetest.net/Mapping_Kit
github.com/tenplus1/ambience
github.com/Rui-Minetest/midi-modpack
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=17922
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16557
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7864
github.com/proller
github.com/yandex/ClickHouse
irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/2017-07-17#i_5011943
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The old Holla Forums serb is still up after all these months. Although, it's just me signing in once a month to find stuff slightly more griefed than before.

This game is still a broken heap of potential, isn't it? I wish it had bettered Minecrap.
What mod? Tell me about it.

Arcana, a spellcrafting mod. I didn't describe it because you can't design spells yet. There is a spell tree system and components system in place, but there is no way for players to use these. The server has a test mod that gives you a stick that projects explosions.

Minetest's 0.5 release is coming up sometime (lots of active development right now), so hopefully we'll be seeing neat modding API things soon. I don't have much hope for the default game getting better gameplay-wise.

We should have a full-blown autismblocks game night. It's been a while since I last played mineycrafta with anons. I wonder if we should play either Minetest or Minecraft.

I agree.

I haven't played Minecraft for 4-5 years, it probably plays pretty well with the right mod packs. Minetest is just extremely lackluster, everything is loosely tacked together, combat is somehow a downgrade and there are no decent mob mods. Yet to see anything interesting like Terrafirmacraft.

Minecraft's problem is a shit vanilla game, not the mods. Minetest is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist while ignoring the problem that does.

I wonder if we should host it later or tomorrow.
Also bump.

What have they updated in a year?

Yes, 0.4.16 was less than a year ago.

0.4.16 disabled shift ladders by default.
0.5 is going to add a new mapgen and ore distribution type.

Implemented a simple spellcrafting mechanic in the mod (a design table). Removed the boomsticks since you can make them through the table now.

Literally nothing.

The only reason Minetest is relevant at all is because it's the ONLY more or less functional free alternative to Minecraft.

Mostly mod API stuff. The default game is mostly unchanged.

Here's the changelog from 0.4.16:
dev.minetest.net/Changelog#0.4.15_.E2.86.92_0.4.16

The problem is the slow-as-hell JavaScript.

I was a big part of the server this board used to have, the floorchan/animebitch.es one. It was great. The technic and furniture mods made it possible to mine, repair, craft and more all with a power plant. There was a rainbow hotel, a library with a computer lab, a double pyramid, a Kaaba, a charming seaside village, an extensive rail network that spanned most of the explored territory, a nuclear power plant, a greek temple, an indoor pool, a giant free farm, and a pitstop near spawn with every machine free to use. It took a long time to build all that and then the server got wiped.

If this one wants to be popular again, it will take a combination of fun mods & marketing to make the place a popular use of our time.

Good night. That was fun.

FIXIT

Maybe I chose a bad spawn point.

Ok, turned off fixed spawn point. You can probably dig yourself out with the pickaxe and shovel.

I don't know, works on my machine. I did see a related issue somewhere but I can't find it in Github search.

I don't know what happened, but it's not the spawn point.

It happens as soon as you log on? Does it happen on other serbs?

Posted a Github issue for this: github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/6472

I heard minetest was supposed to be better than Minecraft. Can I get a quick rundown on the pros and cons?
If it can't get mods or maps from minecraft to work then it's pretty much obsolete.

Minecraft was pretty crazy already on mods.
Shit like Witchery, Millenaire, Valkyria or that CustomNPC mod allowed the player to do pretty amazing things.
I'm reading about it as I post.

What mods do you play with OP? I always use at least technic.

I haven't played regularly in a while. I just started again to develop this mod.

I've been going occasionally on the Inside the Box server though, which doesn't use the vanilla game. It's a server where you make and play escape the room type rooms. It's hosted at minetest.foo-projects.org:30394 by the Minetest dev sofar.

The test server crashed, but it should be back up now. I've set it to restart when it crashes next time.

+free and open source
+optimized
+no height or depth limit, enjoy getting lost in endless caves
+mods can give wide variety of sloped and half-blocks and furniture, helping construction
-vanilla and mods are vastly inferior in content, quality and quantity
-no cohesive mod packs from what I've seen, everything feels tacked on without symbiosis
-no good mob mods, even where there's one installed you rarely see them and they're useless
-worse netcode
-wonky weird combat you won't be seeing much of because of the lack of mobs

This is basically an outright lie, Minetest totally pales in comparison to the mod quality MC has. A lot to do with the small and stagnant modding community, for sure.

Seems like a good idea to do with the actually minecraft, but by itself just doesn't seem enough.

Minetest is technically a mod that sits on the Minetest engine. You can make mods that don't load the Minetest game and do something else instead for a total conversion mod. The potential to do more is there, but it relies on people actually trying.
Minetest mods are a bunch of folders with lua scripts that define blocks, items and other objects. I'd call it easier than making Minecraft mods but I'm not too sure about that because I have no experience with Forge.

Did you not bother to read the comment or is your reading comprehension actually that shit?
He said it has greater modding POTENTIAL.

????

potential that will never be realized ;_;
you can delete posts

The maximum world size is 31000 in all directions.

For people who weren't on the server:

Today I added projectile and cone shapes. I also added the punch effect.

It isn't, unless "it's free" and "made in an ideologically better language" are more important to you than an actually good game that actually performs well.

The whole design philosophy is that modders are supposed to make the game, but that's not very interesting when all it's mods are worse than Minecraft equivalents.

there are tons of mods in the forums.

forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=46&sid=7908d13d16214d8e1ee8697a33345d66

Can't make those nifty high quality webms you young'ns do because I play on a potato, but here's something.

What was the username of the obnoxious griefer from the old old old serb again?

Forge is shit because it bloats the runtime environment, and really only provides the means for your mod to not overwrite or interfere with core files that another mod may need.
It doesn't actually provide an easier framework for creating a mod, I know this from having tried it myself. There are APIs made by individual modders, but nobody uses them aside from the modders who made them because everyone wants to reinvent the wheel, so when you start modding with forge, you will have to go through numerous tutorials for your desired version because the basics are going to change for EVERY version.
Minetest modding is almost easier, only in that the basics of defining a node (block) and recipe will not change between versions. If you want to do anything that radically alters gameplay, you will be forced to alter the game engine because chances are you will not have the necessary calls to do what you want. The engine is so barebones that it provides nearly nothing to the API that is so heavily boasted.
You'll end up searching for mods that do what you want to do, just to figure out how they did anything close to what you wanted, and eventually realize that to do what you want, you would have to modify the engine anyway.
The only major benefit is that you can easily export blender models to use, but good luck figuring out how to fine-tune the hitbox.

Considering even reaching Minecraft's build limit means that you can barely fucking see the ground, there is absolutely no point to this. In the real world you can go up a thousand feet and see for dozens of miles across the ground; a video game will never have the capacity to be able to do that. You'll go up a thousand feet and see… fog.

What the FUCK is the point of a building game that let's you build something you can't see?

You can enable full view range. No fog and if your computer isn't ass, you can see for miles.
Pretty obvious that you've never played.

How hard is it to make mods for Minetest?
I've had a few ideas to actually make Minecraft a decent game about building up your own civilization, but shit's too abstract, even with Forge.

How hard would it be to make a few blocks, some of them having storage capacity or opening a GUI to change settings, a few mobs with their own AI (please tell me Minetest has some sort of pathfinding API) and the ability to make something similar to many Faction Mods for Minecraft where players can be part of a faction and not being able to freely break something in another faction's territory.

Everything except the mobs seem doable, unless you are fine with Minetest's pathfinding API being pretty bad. The old old old serb had a buggy factions mod programmed by one of the server's players.

that feel when no luabro to make a decent subgame from scratch with

If I wanted to play normal swedecraft what version has the best balance of being up to date and non-shit features?

I can not get Minetest to show any kind of meaningful distance even if I tried because it won't let me, and the buttons haha there's no buttons for shit, the keyboard shortcuts to actually do anything are obscure secret shit. Even with a mediocre view distance Minetest chucks and lags like a piece of trash.

Meanwhile in Minecraft, this scene loaded in 3 seconds after opening the save and runs at constant 60fps.

Realistically? 1.4.x to maybe 1.8.x
The range of updates in which they added horses and villager trading were the end of reasonable additions, everything afterwards deteriorates the game's quality exponentially. The vanilla game itself is pretty bland, though. Not sure why you'd want to play normal autismcraft.

Well, any good mods to recommend? I remember there was this little silly mod where you made clay men and they would fight each other and you could give stuff to fight with. I don't know why I have that as a fond memory of this game.

What do you have in mind?

If you want to do mobs and pathfinding, you'll be using someone else's mod and modifying it, since mobs are not a part of minetest's natural capability.
Blocks take seconds to add, but obviously take much longer to add functions to them. However, you can learn from the default game's chest and furnace code about both the setup of the tile entity and the GUI.
Factions have been done, and area protection has been done in the form of protecting everything within a 5x5x5 bubble using a claim block.
Actually, doing anything that require player permissions is probably one of the easier things to work with because there are calls for checking the player identity before an action is performed.

Less blocks, digging and autism, and more comfy, mobs and qts
Make it less like mineshit and more like Elona.

Have they removed the useless nyancat blocks already?

If real life anthros existed would they the better or worse than nogs?

Aftermath of a great wizard battle.

probably better, since you can fuck them they would at least be good for something

Not really. I haven't played Minecraft for a while now, and I haven't been invested in the scene for years. Maybe look for the Technic modpacks or B-Team, if they still even exist.

Anthros are half human, half animal. Niggers are just animals.

TerraFirmaCraft

Communistcraft had a natural progression(even if it was short) and exploration. I much rather get blown up by a creeper than to waste my time with needless basically grind that substitutes gameplay.
Yes, the progression and exploration I mentioned.

Feels post-apo mang

Did these fucking faggots finally update? Last time I played there was no entities, no animals, no enemies, just a dead husk of a world. Where the fuck is the progress? Where the fuck are the updates?

The developers of the minetest engine are exactly the sperglords you would expect, their entire philosophy is that they are providing a "modder framework" and refuse to add content to the engine itself, which is itself a necessity for a decent modding framework.
So as another user said, netcode is still shit, there is usually terrible lag in just crafting an item, they will likely never add mobs to the default game so it's provided by a third party mod, character models will always be shit despite the ability to utilize blender because modders will want to stick with the A E S T H E T I C, and modders will realize that the time they spend trying to modify the engine they may as well just be making their own game.

Mine craft always makes me dissapointed when I play it knowing that notch originally had intended to make a watered down 3D dwarf fortress.
Even more, it's shitty that there's like only a few things wrong with the game that could probably be added/tweaked within a week.
>floating shit still doesn't get destroyed (f AoS had this without M$ fucking rewriting the whole game)
I know there's mods for most of these but these are some base-level ideas that could've easily been added over the course of 8 years

It would take a day at most to remove the hard-coded recipe system and add a hotswap function for loading recipes from json files on-the-fly, and even add a similar function for adding blocks and items. A SINGLE DAY, for people with the source code, and maybe a week to do with just MCP alone. With just doing that, players could easily adjust progression to their desires, add items for micro-crafting or just tweak all the recipes with existing items, add new ore or decorative blocks at their leisure, remove existing blocks, etc.

Minecraft is full release, has been for years. As sad as that is, Notch decided like 3 to 5 years ago that the game was "done" and raised the price to double the beta price. You can buy Minecraft for $30 at 7-11… But that's $30 for this. If it was still only $15, that'd be reasonable, but $30 for that shitty half-optimized piece of shit.

Honestly, I think that just implementing a Terraria crafting system would be the way to go. Consider that this is how Starbound does it, this is how Terraria does it, there's no fun or purpose to the crafting grid. Even if they increased the crafting grid to 9x9 or 27x27, who fucking cares. No one WANTS to craft things like that. Just go with the Terraria system. What's worse is that there's no in-game method to see how to craft things aside from a mod, why the fuck would anyone want to download a mod to see how to craft? It makes everything take minutes to do simple things.

A better solution, to me, would be if the achievement system was actually used as a recipe system. When you punch a tree and get a block of wood, you get the achievement but when you view the achievement it shows you everything you can make with a block of wood, so 4 planks, then you make 4 planks and a recipe for 2 sticks/doors/boats/etc is unlocked, that way there's always a way to view recipes.
Then expand on that with vanilla auto-crafting, maybe utilizing golems or villagers, lure villagers with shiny to crafting bench, if a bench is within X distance from villager and you initiate a trade with them, they'll show items they'll craft for you as long as a chest is nearby. Or utilize carts and hoppers, combine a furnace with a crafting bench to get a fueled autocrafter, and put it into a cart so it rides on a track with a powered cart to different hoppers and as it's burning fuel it continues to combine items. There's so many ways to fix this shit.

Vids or it's not possible, Mr. Minetest shill.

They have a "recipe book" thing now. It's actually really fucking convenient because you can shift-click to make, for example, all the pistons you can make with the current resources in your inventory. It saves a shitload of time compared to dragging and dropping everything into the crafting UI.

It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually got rid of the crafting bench entirely and made it so you can craft anything by hand. All it does it add a couple unnecessary steps that aren't difficult because a crafting bench is made from literally only one log of wood, which you should have thousands of in excess.

Auto-crafting just basically transforms Minecraft into 3D Factorio. I can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I've never played Minecraft as a "game", because even with mods its a shitty game that there are better alternatives to (like Factorio).

Meh. I've heard worse when normalfag adults get drunk and try to sing karaoke.

This is actually a big inside joke, the guy has songs on spotify and everything

1.7.10, Thaumcraft 5 is my favorite mod(which has submods of its own). Last good Minecraft version.
Thaumcraft had stopped development but apparently the guy making it found some time and reopened his patron or something a few days ago.

Anybody playing on debian? I can't for the life of me get the game to work. The version in the repos is outdated so i tried building for source but when i try to run the game from the console it just saays the game isn't installed, and I can't find the game exe.

The game won't compile on my Debian machine either.
According to packages.debian.org/search?keywords=minetest Minetest 4.16 is in backports. If you're on Debian Stretch you should be able to enable the backports repo and download the latest version normally.
If you aren't sure what Debian you're on, run "cat /etc/os-release"

Whoa, did I miss something. Also why is the serb dead?

Didn't Azanor get rid of some of the more awesome items from 1.6.4 like the arcane bore, replacing it with a shitty wand?
I don't remember much of it, because it got so confusing by the time he added LASERS, oh yeah and wizard AIDS.

After the destruction of fort Autist, two of g-d's chosen decided to rebuild from the ashes and rubble, to proclaim the foundation of a new promised land. Fort Autist was razed, and in it's place rose the kingdom of Israel. All was good, and two goyim worked tirelessly in the mines for the chosen people.
In the midst of construction of Israel, strange people from a far away land happened upon the area in which the chosen resided. The chosen rightfully feared for their lives and riches. These foreign invaders spoke an indecipherable tongue, the leader, who went by the name "1212", often shouting "UTC8 SYNTAX ERROR" as a battle cry, as they charged Israel. The chosen repelled these pitiful attacks with their Jew magic. Soon after the first several waves of attacks, the foreigners learned of these powers which defeated them, and crafted their own twisted, vile version of this magic. Not long after, the foreigners went on the offensive once more, now armed with more potent means to destroy and kill. G-d's chosen repelled attack after attack, amounting several casualties, but inflicting more, due to the strong line of defense. Soon, the strange invaders discovered seafaring technology, and armed with boats, they were seemingly invincible to any attack made by the defenders. This invincibility gave the opportunity to break the defenses of the humble Israelites. The ki-I mean chosen had to retreat into the deep caverns beneath their promised land. They listened on as they marched deeper into the Earth, the sound of their home being ravaged, looted, decimated. Feeling helpless, g-d's chosen waited out the long assault in the caves. As they waited, they found many riches to be exploited. As Israel was destroyed, the Jews became richer and richer with every inch deeper they pierced into the ground. Jewels & precious metals were mined, shekels were minted, resources shared among the chosen.
After what felt like an eternity, the chosen people emerged from the ground, rich, and destined to rebuild their lost glory. They found the land barren, devoid of all life, home only to the permeating stench of death and defeat. Piles of gentile and Jew bodies alike littered any remaining streets that weren't bombarded by the invader's explosives. The surviving chosen people embarked in a convoy of ships to find a new land to settle. This new land, was in fact, very ancient, and home to the birthplace of both gentiles and Jews. They settled this ancient land, hoping to re-establish their power and bring civilization and peace to this very wild and dangerous realm. With a small settlement propped up by their determination and valor, the chosen people had finally found a place to truly call a homeland, and thus, Nova Israel was founded. With the founding of this settlement, and lack of gentiles to challenge the Jews' authority, one became disinterested with this state of affairs and left to do some work on something or whatever. The other also quickly became bored, and went to go heat up some hotpockets and shitpost on Holla Forums.
And thus marks the end of contemporary history as it relates to the perilous and grim world of some guy's minetest server. Learn from history so that it leads you to the future.

Lets try this

apt-get install build-essential libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev zlib1g-dev libgmp-dev libjsoncpp-dev libncurses5-dev doxygen libpq-dev libhiredis-dev libspatialindex-devFor good measureapt-get build-dep minetestgit clone github.com/minetest/minetest.gitcd minetest/buildcmake ../ -DPOSTGRESQL_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpq.so -DPostgreSQL_TYPE_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/postgresql/makesumake install

These were missing from the git instructions for Debian.

This bit was also a bug which was claimed to have been fixed my minetest devs, but still exists.

You're right, that was more difficult than it should have been.

wew no wonder nobody plays this pos

The dev version breaks protocol compatibility so you should just use a recent stable version.

In the github repo it's the "stable-4" branch I think.

I mean specifically this release, most releases try to keep legacy support for at least a year. They are just breaking compatibility this time to allow some cleanup.

okay thanks for letting me know

another example of why freeware shit is never as good as its proprietary counterpart. shit game

OP here. I use my desktop for the server but I can't sleep with the fan noise. I'm going to turn it off at night until I find a suitable server to run it on.

t. Microsoft employee

Kill yourself shill

Low effort.

I updated the projectile visuals last night, I think they should be easier to see now.

Joke's on you, Minetest is going to kick ass when it's still being updated a decade from now and Minecraft is rotting away in some Micro$oft hard drive.

Let me guess, you're one of those folk on the lower end of the spectrum that bought train sim DLC and toy train sets "worth" thousands.

kill yourself my dude

Go back to jacking off to train junction layouts if my opinion triggers you.

confirmed for never having played openttd, the game's about learning a mechanic then abusing it for profit, not jacking off to trains you autist.

Server down because I am migrating to VPS. Will announce new address when ready.

The server should be up now at arcana.moe port 30000.

it says name or service not known.
Is that straight up "arcane.moe" in the address bar or is it something along the lines of arcane.moe.net or some shit?

Did you copy/paste it into the address bar? Should be arcana.moe, not arcane.moe.

I'm doing it like pic related, I just typed it out.
What am I doing wrong?

How many chromosomes do you have, my mentally damaged friend?

I'm familiar with Lua, but not with Minetest modding. Not sure if I can help.

I'm not a clever man.
Lay it on me, what retarded, obvious thing am I missing?

oh fuck me in the ass.
I typed "arcane" instead of "arcana", didn't I.
Maybe I should skip playing the game and just off myself

Or just come and rebuild fort autism with us.

hometownserver.com 30000

no

no>>13494400

House I made.

i found some mob's dungeon defended by a security turret at the surface, broke in through the roof and broke the turret, stole his time bomb and blew it up in his face. i think that was added by aliveai
also aliveai mobs talk
didn't build these roads by the way, they're generated by a mod that generates a road from -Z to Z+ which runs through the origin

what the OP left out:
Changelog for 0.4.16: dev.minetest.net/Changelog#0.4.15_.E2.86.92_0.4.16

Mods, texture packs, etc: forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=38

LOL

wat

Ancapistan is coming along nicely. In the skyline you see Crimp tower and Noseberg office building.

Get out and stay out faggot.

help I broke it

I think it is under control now.

I added a new charge time mechanic for spells.

agrecascino?

Cactus.

?

There's a pretty simple reason for this. Fig. 1 is a "floating" bit of land with an unloaded section of map next to it. Figures A and B are the two generally possible ways the land in the unloaded section could look like. The problem is that the game doesn't know which it will be until it's loaded, so it has no idea if the piece of land on the loaded section should fall or not. AoS has the entire map loaded at once, so it knows for sure whether any block is attached to the ground or not.

Only trigger breaking if certain conditions are met. First check if blocks are at the edge of a chunk, if not allow them to break. Otherwise, only let them break if all adjacent chunks are loaded.

an ant hill started growing near my house and starting pouring ants out so i abandoned one of my surface houses and moved my farming operation underwater. i tried building a moat and plugging up the holes where the ants come out with water to stop it from growing more, no idea if it worked. theres another ant hill across the water as well, where my neglected mine is. i've made a farm room and i'm working on a tree room next since these ant hills swallow up entire trees and other flora (ate up a big palm tree and some bamboo, its working on the next tree). theres also a trap door room where i can enter the water from below, trap doors magically stop water even if they're open somehow. might've been cooler to have a moon pool but i haven't hit the real deep part of the water yet anyway.

num- and num+ to decrease and increase the view distance.

add some mods

thats what subgames are supposed to be, they're collections of mods.
wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Subgames
forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=48
some stand alone mods have compatibility with eachother on purpose, and others might require another mod to even work.
i don't really use them though, i just use mods that work with eachother that i like

try using a different texture pack and change some graphical settings.

What mods are you using?

This looks interesting, haven't seen stuff like that despite having played this game with Holla Forums for years. Did you faggots simply not bother to get the right mods? Do the mobs work, appear in MP servers and actually have a function like drops with the right mods?
Is that optimized or is your graphics card a nuclear reactor?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard would it be to fork Minetest and make it less shit?

irrlicht is easy to manage,

shit, my hand slipped
irrlicht is easy, but good luck finding anyone willing to do it for free

a tree grew

see 1st pic

i'm using two mob mods, mobs_redo and the submods that use that API for the simpler mobs like hostile monsters (sandmen, mese monsters, tree people, etc), animals, and horses, and aliveai for the weirder stuff like AI players and traders, wizard monsters, ants, aliens, etc. see: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16083
also adds some weird weapons, you could just not use those parts of the mod if you want.
aliveai has a bug for 0.4.16 in V11 where the mobs will look like they're standing inside blocks up to their chest, but they're actually on the surface. its fixed for the dev versions, something to do with new features i guess.
i'm playing in SP so i have no idea how they would perform in MP. i expected more lag but somehow aliveai seems to work well enough.
animals drop some stuff, like chickens drop meat and feathers. i haven't killed aliveai mobs yet so i can't tell you what they drop. sandmen drop sand, think the tree people drop wood or sticks or something.
they haven't tried out every neat mod minetest has to offer on their servers. don't think they've used advanced trains or digtrons on their servers yet either, although i haven't tried building those yet anyway. travelnets are also neat.
obviously you'll want stuff like technic, mesecons, digilines, and pipeworks too.
its a high end card but its a few years old. no idea if its optimized. note that tone mapping, normal mapping, and bump mapping are applied, you could avoid turning on some of them and maybe that'd help.
according to some people on the minetest forums in some thread i read a while back, you may get better performance on 16x texture packs compared to 32x or higher, but texture packs with resolutions lower than 16x generally don't give you better performance.

there already have been forks of minetest but as far as i know they just ended up being old versions of minetest with the default subgame having more mods in it.

Minecraft and in turn Minetest suffer from the same glaring problem:
The player is the only thing that affects change on the world.
There are ruins, abandoned mines, and villages in Minecraft, but no npc affects the world.
There's no threat of enemies infringing on your territory, which makes diverse materials pointless. You might as well just make a house out of dirt blocks.

Endermen sometimes pick up random blocks. Maybe this mechanic can be modified and added to a new mob which removes them at a more rapid rate.

The only exception to this is using obsidian. Which was actually one of the most fun things in the game because it actually required you using the shitty enchanting system to become more efficient at it. If it wern't for the fact that I made giant fucking underground cities I wouldn't ever bother with half the new mechanics in MC.

github.com/SirCmpwn/TrueCraft

Are there any recommended mods to download for minetest?

Great game you have there.

Worked a little on the mod today. I added two teleportation spell components and also did some balance tweaks:
- Telekinesis and cone now have the same cost as projectile
- Telekinesis will activate in mid-air if there is no target (previously the spell just fizzled)

using some magma mod + dynamic liquid mod meant for a dwarf fortress mod, but dfcaverns was giving me OOM errors when i added the catacombs mod (digtron compatible one by Facedeer). surprisingly enough the magma mod hasn't caused one. there are magma "conduits" that go to the surface and tend to pour into caves underground. heres the dfcaverns mod if you want it: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=17096
last two images are showing a pretty big mountain that was randomly generated, its about 277 blocks high.

also theres a mapgen focused minetest fork by the guy who made geomoria and other mapgen mods called Squaresville C, so i guess theres a fork that actually does something different: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18509

goblins change the world, although they're somewhat laggy since theres seems to be so many of them and they move around/work so fast. they make trap blocks and should also dig caves and destroy torches forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13004
the spawning of goblins and their activities could be a little less aggressive, seems like overkill to me.

aliveai claims that its mobs can build by generated instructions, mine, farm, craft, use tools, take chests with contents, and more, no idea if every feature really works: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16083
obviously the anthills are changing the world by taking up space, growing, and shitting out ants who take some stuff to make the hill bigger (seen them grab dropped blocks like sand to do it). some aliveai mobs shoot fireball projectiles that destroy blocks.

whats the point honestly?
everything shit about minecraft is still present: no modding API, pancake slate worlds, that registration system, etc

dfcaverns works without that catacomb mod, seems like theres some generated anyway.
various screenshots showing what happens when you run this many minetest mods

by the way, i'm obviously using fly/noclip/fast move in those pictures, i was testing out the mapgen to see if it was working.
the texture pack i used was PixelBOX Reloaded in those pictures and in and i used John Smith's texturepack for 0.4.16
actually i think i'm wrong about the fireball enemy, might be from mobs redo's monster mod.

depends on how many your box can handle
here are some recommendations

Ethereal NG (for map generator v7 only)
Smart Inventory + skins db fork github.com/bell07/minetest-skinsdb
Technic
Travelnets and/or other teleporter/elevator mods (not sure which is the
Mesecons
Digilines
Pipeworks
Moreblocks
Biomes_lib: if you use moretrees or something else that requires this
Moretrees: requires biomes lib
Moreores
Bedrock2? (puts indestructible barrier at bottom of world)
Mobs Redo API
Mobs Redo Animals
Mobs Redo Monster
mobs_water: works with mobs redo API. these mobs can make the game pretty difficult, since it makes crossing the water a bigger problem.
AliveAI
Item Drop? should probably be replaced by a client side mod forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14006
Digtrons
Flying vehicle mod that works
Advanced Trains
3D Armor
HUD Bars + Armor HUD bar, hunger bar addon if you use hunger
Hunger (if you really want it)
Unified Dyes
Home Decor? Requires Unified Dyes. Latest version requires Minetest 0.4.16
Playerplus: github.com/tenplus1/playerplus
xdecor
Hopper: github.com/tenplus1/hopper
Help (doc)
Throwing redo
Quartz: it adds quartz
signs_lib
Bees: somehow compatible with pipeworks github.com/bas080/bees
Farming Redo: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=9019
Bows: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=14384
Food: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2960
Castle (Tenplus1 fork)
dfcaverns (doesn't appear to be compatible with catacomb mod) + subterrane (a library that it depends on) + magma conduits + dynamic liquid. this is obviously not compatible with most other cavegen mods, like cavegen lite
Dynamic liquid: only used for a little while, not sure how well it works in practice.
Internationalization Library (intllib): it utilizes translations if they exist for mods that support it (this mod is deprecated in version 0.5 of Minetest, which is the in development version) forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=4929
Fallen nodes: makes more blocks fall like they're sand or gravel, such as dirt and cobblestone (not natural stone though). could function to keep people from making dirt huts everywhere.
geominer: seems to be incompatible with many underground mapgen mods such as dfcaverns, looks like it simply generates over most of what they generate. adds features like cave in events, flash flood events, and so on.
painting: in-game paint, this fork seems usable: github.com/HybridDog/painting
show wielded item: this should probably be replaced by a client side mod, or be a part of the game itself

Multiplayer focused:
irc: connects the server to an IRC channel
WorldEdit: edits the world. x days since last serious vulnerability
Banners: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15305

Recommended Texture packs (16x or smaller is recommended for low end computers, 16x is generally a good idea because most textures not covered by a texture pack are typically 16x):
PixelBOX Reloaded [16x] forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14132
mini8x [8x] forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14633
Summerfields [32x] forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9314

you ought to host a server, my man

please make a serber

Just joined this server and cleaned shit up for a couple hours.

Made spawn look less like 2b2t

Added a road from spawn to the little town someone was making

added a pier

added some more roads and a free stuff shed

Why do they sound like they're wearing high heels? It's awful

OH FUCK THE OLD SERVER STILL LIVES?

Is old whats his name still working on his master of magic mod?

You've done a great public service. Pray a group of Brazilian 9 year olds don't decide to join and huehue the shit up.

Ay faggots, riddle me this:
Does it uses LuaJIT by default? If no, why aren't you dipshits running LuaJIT variant?

OP here. I've been very busy the last few days and will probably still be busy at least until the end of the week. I don't have that much time to mod right now.

I think it does if it can find it on your system.

Well it should be fucking default because it runs anywhere between 30 and 150 times faster than vanilla Lua.

One valid reason not to use it though is that I think LuaJIT is limited to around 2GB of VM heap space. Though from what I hear this may be changing soon. If you have a lot of mods with a high memory footprint then you might get an OOM error from LuaJIT.

It's basically as good as default since it ships with LuaJIT on WIndows and ganoo plus lunix distros usually have LuaJIT as a dependency.

One valid reason not to use it though is that I think LuaJIT is limited to around 2GB of VM heap space. Though from what I hear this may be changing soon. If you have a lot of mods with a high memory footprint then you might get an OOM error from LuaJIT.

It's basically as good as default since it ships with LuaJIT on WIndows and ganoo plus lunix distros usually have LuaJIT as a dependency.>>13550055

The wood sound is the worst. Grating as hell.

AliveAI is bad news.

Helicopter mod is some good shit,
I wish the elevation didn't take forever. Takes 10 minutes to fly up to a base 4,000 blocks in the sky

wish there were less minecrafty subgames for minetest, its a cool general engine

I miss those minetest days.
However, the closet we've come to a complete open source minecraft is ClassiCube.

I personally never even got into minecraft, I'm more into minetest for the mese/digilines/lua computer stuff which has slowly pushed me into the direction of just fucking modding instead.

Dangerously underchecked trips.

trashed

I'm interested. How is Minetest better besides lax legal stuff?

The thing about these games is that there should be mods for different game modes, but instead, there's a billion mods for different crafting options and augmented shit that doesn't matter two fucking bits because it's all for decorative purposes. What a fucking riddle this is batman.

-Capture the Flag
-Team Death Match
-King of the Hill
-Story Mode
-Civilization (AI builds civs, you and your buddies have your own civ and you compete with AI)

How about mods for combat and movement? Minecraft had a Smart Movement mod that allowed free running/parkour type movements. Looked very Mirror's Edge. Was outdated and wasn't compatible with most other mods though, probably due to the headspins the creator had to do to get it to work.

i dunno what the minecraft API was like but minetest's is kinda finnicky. I haven't seen any description of what the fuck a subgame is but I'm not focused enough to work on my shit in it.

As for AI stuff the AliveAI monster stuff is closer to what you're looking at but kind of painful and OP.

There would have to be an immense overhaul of combat and netcode for this to work with Minetest.
seriously? ask tumblrtale games

Are you fucking retarded? I guess every role playing game in history is tumblr now. Planescape is tumblr, Deus Ex is tumblr, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is tumblr, FUCKING TUMBLR.
kys

So you're telling me that all the parts that matter for a moddable "minecraft" are unmoddable in a replica that has "easier to mod" as its 'selling' point.k

I literally can't tell if it's easier or not, I never did minecraft modding. Not that proficient in lua generally either but minor mods like craft recipes and nodes are super easy. That is true.

Why not find a game that has good combat and netcode and do something with THAT rather than something ridiculous like a Minecraft clone

grand

Why not find a game that has good combat and netcode and do something with THAT rather than something ridiculous like a Minecraft clone.

Why would anything I have to say be related to your dumb fucking telltale comment. Why would you play a game that you think has 0 potential to be a good game or have any good mods.

I don't know what you're getting at, just find a different game.

The game has poor direction. Might as well find one that has good direction or a good foundation to give direction to.

The "game" doesn't really have any direction. There's an engine which is constantly developed for and then subgames which are mostly left to the modders.

I should have said foundation. I'll check the sub-games then revise/add to my previous statement.

i accidently generated mount st. helens when i dumped my mods in the dev version and tried out the new carpathian mapgen with them. it appears the mountain is riddled with magma tubes, its creating some flooding as it melts the ice as well. mainly its magma conduits + dynamic liquid plus the shape of carpathian mountains and caves causing it to be a volcano-like thing. carpathian mapgen is pretty rad, generates some natural looking environments and caves

correction: its for every map generator except v6

it doesn't exist. theres just competing unofficial modding APIs, sometimes specific to certain MC versions.

shift ladders would be a good mod

minetest.register_on_joinplayer(function(player) local override_table = player:get_physics_override() override_table.new_move = false override_table.sneak_glitch = true player:set_physics_override(override_table)end)

Can you add music to it? Like the Minecrap ambiance

oh, old admin here. didn't even know the server was still up.

As a minecraft engine clone it's ok. But the mod system is annoying. It was easy to find all the mods to make the game almost exactly like minecraft and even give it advanced texturing like optifine hd. But the few bow mods there are, are shit compared to minecrafts bow mechanic.

The snow is ok in a 128x128x texturepack with all graphics set to max. It even runs on my shitty machine using only 1gb of ram and 20% of the proccessor with no dedicated GPU used at all besides intel igpu. Are there any other graphics mods for this game besides the 3d armor and texturepack conversion mod? I was thinking like a mod that does ray tracing in real time. If such a thing exists.

The modding API doesn't provide anything to allow adding new rendering features to Minetest. And anyway such wizardry would probably be painful in Irrlicht.

Here's one of a 512x512 pack on a dedicated gpu machine. It runs fine, but the single core only performance of the game is very noticeable in the heat output here. Sound seems to be glitching out no matter how I record it too.

Comfy, thanks user. Possibly share the song sauce?

spooky

I saw some decent mods/subgames but I couldn't find any great mob/combat fighting mechanics.

Might be better off modding King Arthur's Gold or something.

They're disabling radar by default, too.

Reminder to place torches under AFK players

and once again I'm convinced this game will never be good

I'll add they're from exactly a year ago but frankly shift ladders was the defining feature for me.

I saw a video with a cool idea in it, making the worlds spherical and there's apparently a minetest mod for it, but I can't get it to work have any of you guys tried it out/had any luck? it seems comfy.

forgot to post the link:
youtube.com/watch?v=joFWr3JzBOI

Works ok but it doesn't rotate your camera towards the center and gravity is only in one direction.

Looks like that smooth blocks minecraft mod; neat as a technical/visual feat but shit to actually play with.

Ignore that. I downloaded something unrelated

server WHEN

Lol, what did you download and did you get it working? you're supposed to add a minetest.conf file and copy something from the readme into it, but I can't find the actual mod file itself, I'm probably being an idiot though

Here's the forum thread btw forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15643

It's an engine mod

I didn't know there was a link in the video and googled "minetest spherical" and got: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7887
I'll see if I can get this one to work.

Crimson ways, by Bohren and der Club of Gore

I can't connect.

Server's up.

when you develop a game slower than Notch you know you've fucked up

bump

Dev branch spawns loot in dungeons now.
github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/1921

thanks doc

I'm afraid we're going to see the end of most Minecraft mods now that (((Microsoft))) has decided to move to a new codebase.

You forget to add
>(((codebase)))
to that. Before minecraft was not a botnet because there were so many people decompiling it and looking at the source code and classess. Now it's probably going to be next to impossible to decompile to make mods for, and a fucking botnet by extension. Someone really needs to improve minetest and fast or hell hath no fury like the autistic kids playing minecraft with mods.

Stupid goyim you can't escape! Now buy our (((official))) packs like those good Xbox goys!

I suppose this means we can finally have the "best MC update for mods"

I'm between 1.4.7 and 1.7.10

Nice!

great, maybe we'll get a server for a properly enjoyable autism simulator

kek

Yeah, as much as it saddens me that the days of minecraft modding moving along with the game are over I'm looking forward to stable mod releases for servers.
[spoilers] 1.7.10 [/spoilers]

i went almost to the bottom of the map
you have to see this, it is out of this world!

been working on a subgame that is made up of mods i like, with some changes here and there. pterodactyls and velociraptors are in and work alright now, they have some bearable CC attribution 3.0 licensed sounds right now instead of the nothing they had when i took them out of the farlands mod, plus they use the newer spawning function and better spawning parameters. velociraptors apparently lived in an oasis in an arid area that was similar to an arid river delta + floodwaters or possibly a savanna, so they are spawning in the plains, regular small forests, savanna, ethereal dry dirt, ethereal swamp, ethereal prairie, banana tree groves, and ethereal volcanic biomes currently.

heres some off the top of my head (videos somewhat related):
mobs_monster
AliveAI
AItech's bow mod
arcana
fort spikes
pyramids (surface dungeon + mummy mob spawned near a spawner block)
spears

you can also modify some mobs that already exist to your liking, like i'm doing. some subgames have decent mobs.

in creative mode its always active, but if you're in survival the surface mode can be re-activated by crafting and using this apparently (needs to stay in your inventory): wiki.minetest.net/Mapping_Kit

its possible to add sounds and music as a mod.
here is a mod that adds some sounds and music (immersive sounds fork): github.com/tenplus1/ambience
technic has a craftable music player that plays ogg files stored in /technic/sound
i think you can make rudimentary music with mesecons, theres also this MIDI mod that i haven't tried: github.com/Rui-Minetest/midi-modpack

in what way? difficulty wise?

download mods or subgames

Voxelgarden is trying to be a detailed, lightweight subgame with a stranded sort of feel. can't cut down trees with bare hands, have to go find rocks and sticks and make a stone axe, etc. only fully supports v6 mapgen at the moment. has its own version of stairsplus that has half doors and stuff, so its incompatible with moreblocks.
mobs redo has mobs_animal and mobs_monster available for it, they're alright and kept up to date. mobs_monster is pretty much about as minetest as you can get when it comes to mob mods.
there are also many mob mods for the old mobs API and mobs redo (mobs redo is compatible with the old mobs API).
subgames tend to have mobs in them, might have to adapt them to use them outside of their subgame.
AliveAI is there but pretty difficult, and is sort of buggy.
simplistic nodebox mobs are also around, kind of low quality but efficient. there are other mob APIs and mods that i never bothered with of course.

server admins should probably just set up a download for the world files if its gotten that detailed and they want to wipe it.

see:

i am still in that huge fucking cave and i can't find a way up. I think i have to reconsider the way i live now. Do i need help? I don't think so. I'm going to build a house down here with all the green mushrooms around me, they are my friends you know anons. i will give each one of them a name. Perry, mory, elvis and so on. Too many down here to name than today. I have enough time i guess.

Goddamn we need a competent guy like you to host a server. I'll help with testing if it's needed.

i have a army of green mushrooms, am i good enough for this job? I don't have enough light down here but who cares. Daylight is for faggots.

What is it still testing after like 5 years?

Truth be told, this game is an unpalatable pile of shit no matter how much icing you bury it in. The base game still feels like minecraft indev with the art aesthetic of a point-and-click DHTML game from 1998. There's exactly one arm-flailing animation and about 2½ sound effects that all sound like someone banging their head on a door with varying intensity. Most of the larger mods are just knockoffs of popular minecraft ones thrown together by an autistic, semi-retarded tower of babel comprised of elitists/russians/brazilians who won't spare one hour's wages for a game but know just enough lua to be dangerous.

Everything looks and behaves horribly because nobody tries to make anything polished, there's no agreed-upon conventions, and they can't even agree to steal good ideas from MC, so often one item will use 256x256 photorealistic icons, squashed down alongside something equally unintelligible that looks more at home on an atari 2600, sometimes both from the same mod, and usually it's inside some UI that neither looks nor behaves like any other window (apart from the one unifying theme of "wow look I can transparent rectangles!!!").

Have you ever worked in an unimportant government office job? Minetest is like that. You'll grow to hate looking at it after a while. It's soulless, a mind-numbing chore and no matter how long you stick at it it'll never improve.

i like it

I mean, it's a f2p minecraft, but the problem comes from the source material

Minecraft is barebones, and no amount of mods can fix it, because it doesn't have a goal

It happens the same with, say, Skyrim: you can add devastating magic, you can add new enemies and furniture… but it's still fucked from the core gameplay. Because the world doesn't feel alive

Are there any mods that improve upon the land generation to get stuff that could compare to pre 1.8 minecraft land generation? I find that a fair amount of the fun in Minecraft in the old days was just exploring and seeing what you could find.

i turned down the light of my monitor. It is too bright for me and my live down here in the great caves of green shrooms city. I also changed theme to keep things dark. I think i am not alone here, in my room.

and if all that makes minecraft barebones then minetest is even worse

i downloaded and played it a few months ago just to see if there was anything to it, and there wasn't. There's barely a skeleton of even the minecraft basics. Figured maybe "okay, perhaps this is meant to be used as a foundation and you apply tons of mods to it to make it fun." Looked around, nope. Nothing. It's like walking into a kitchen where all the cabinet doors can be opened and closed and the oven turns on, but it's totally empty, there's nothing anywhere.

Not to shill against minetest, but the whole visuals of the game look terrible to me. None of the textures for anything look good at all, and everything together just looks like an eyesore. The movement and actions looks and feels stiff, and the UI looks amateurish.

The whole game just looks bad.

Gotta get the mods and game packs off the forums. This ain't FTB where you get your content with the client.

oh thank fuck, someone else actually gets it

Bethesda is the textbook example of soulless games, and this evokes almost the same feeling for me. You can see a mountain a mile in the distance, even climb it, but what's the point outside of mandatory fetch quests telling you to go up there? Minetest doesn't even have that going for it. It feels like "playing" a spreadsheet.

Minecraft now lets you buy dungeon maps off villagers that send you off to the middle of nowhere, just like skyrim's Radiant quest generator. That's as far as it's willing to go in terms of gameplay depth, a clone of another game's auto-generated filler content. Remember that one thing years ago (around beta 1.8 era) where they said they were going to make difficulty and loot scale with how far from spawn you travelled? That would've been great, give players a reason to progress and an ongoing challenge. Then it never happened and in its place we got some shitty mechanic where the base difficulty increases barely perceptibly in areas you linger in for a long time, which translates to "mildly irritate players who try to build anything at scale".

What says is valid too.

Somehow I find Infinifactory the most fun game in this genre, even though technically it doesn't belong at all. There's a good balance between meaningful gameplay constraints and open world choice paralysis, while Minetest is nothing but the latter. Minecraft's constraints feel tacked on and arbitrary, they don't improve the game but somehow it feels even worse without them.

Any physics mods? I've always found the clipping and jittering jarring. Or a mod that gives the player Mirror Edge parkour movement mechanics?

Game is fun, thanks op

i got geomoria working by downloading an older version, theres a horizontal layer of dungeons around -100 to -250 below sea level that have tunnels that reach the surface, and optional fissures that make fairly deep holes in some parts of the dungeons. i found a balrog mob that was extracted from a LOTR subgame earlier, should go well with this. nmobs has a goblin mob that looks like a toad and they can build horizontal dirt bridges to try to reach you (mushrooms will spawn on them sometimes when they build them), i think they also make holes in stone walls sometimes, and they make traps that only work if you use bad_terrain. i believe you can adjust the depth/height of where the horizontal layer will appear, but if you make it go higher it'll start poking up out of the ground.

that was implemented (mobwise) in a mod called hard mobs for mobs redo a while ago, some subgame called voxellar uses it: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=17922
nmobs also has this feature to some degree, same dev, he abandoned hard mobs to work on his own simple mob API: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16557

This is nice, does this work with mobs redo?

That bumpmapping looks awful, at least to me who hasn't used it that much.

Bump

Anyone here?
Is the v board dead?

Is there any decent weapon pack for Minetest or something?

it's dead jim.

i fixed the huts mod, it spawns villages with some farms inhabited by violent savages, said savages require nmobs to work.
grabbed the wield light code from farlands so you won't be almost completely blind in the dark, ends up being kinda like doom 3's flashlight except its a torch and it doesn't light up underwater.
replaced all the meselamps that spawn when enabled in the geomoria mod with torches, makes it look moodier.
ziggurats is another mod by the geomoria dev, but the chests from booty aren't working properly, seems like the same issue that geomoria had.

hard mobs is made specifically for mobs redo. gotta warn you, it gets a little spastic (intentionally) when you get way far out.
nmobs is a different mob API altogether that seems to have a similar feature except less dramatic. it balances out i guess since nmobs are harder than regular mobs from mobs redo

looks bad in some cases, alright in others. may just be the textures/lighting sometimes.

are you referring to dropped items, or entities clipping? entities have collision boxes, modders define them so it can be rough sometimes.
you could always just use an item drop mod (really just picks items up when you're near/on them). voxelgarden doesn't let stuff like plants or apples drop, it just lets them fall and attach to the node they fell to.
minetest had sneak elevators as an engine bug, might be reimplemented properly later as a mod or feature.

what have i found? give me a minute to type some shitty text down, this is just a bump to keep this meanwhile alive

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7864
>it is actually (((Minetest + Branding)))

So, i was interressted to this idea but than i thought, huh, is this even still supported? Is the dev even still doing shit or not? Welp, i took a deeper look into his work. Turns out, he abadonned this project very soon, he forged freeminer again for multicraft. Minetest is no longer in the description but at least he can sell multicraft2 now on the apple store.
now this is where i started to rise my eyebrows
Who the fuck is this guy? He just made out of nowhere, with someone else work, a lot of money. He knows exactley how to exploit the normalfag market. So i looked at his projects on fuckhub.
github.com/proller
His most focus goes into a data miner for yandex.
github.com/yandex/ClickHouse
clickhouse records your data in real time 1000+ times faster than anything else.

the fuck

and here we see how the proller dev of freeminer got shut down for his scamm
irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/2017-07-17#i_5011943

right now, he is still working on project to mine your data.

not big surprise, every single thing is made to mine your data. there is no escape

nice find
not to be a dick but it's fork not forge

Does nobody even play OP's server at this point?

thank you holy tribles

someone needs to download that screenshot guy's subgame and host a server

That would be cool if it doesn't lag to death

they should, at the very least, add offical ways to do things like mobs. All the mob mods are jank as shit.
Even with mods the game is very barebones. The devs wouldn't 'ruin' any sort of modding framework by adding content or frameworks to the game. Some sort of thing. Stuff. Stuff to do!

this is what happens when you edit the height of loud walking's habitat generation

dynamic liquid's lava/water/snow interaction is heavy on CPU usage, maybe it could be adjusted to be more abrupt.
i've slapped in voxelgarden's physics code for falling so that when nodes are falling they don't try to fall all at once, keeps your game from crashing/slowing to single frames with a large amount of nodes assuming something like dirt or cobble was added to the falling nodes group. only happened with a large amount of cobble in geomoria's dungeons anyway, may just remove cobble from the falling nodes group. it is fun to see a giant cobble cave in though, even if its sort of laggy.
could just stick to one mob API or remove certain mobs if theres issues with mobs.
nmobs has issues with certain ranged weapon mods where a pos value will become nil and it'll crash. i think it has to do with nmobs making decisions based on the position of its "opponent". happens with the scroll fireballs from witchcraft. flintlocks work perfectly, bows kill them but you don't get their drops since its not "you" damaging them or something (nmobs sends drops directly to your inventory).

its just a collection of mods by minetest modders that i put together in one folder, some of which i made minor changes to. had to fix some of them to work, some have been edited to fit my preferences. last pic related, quick list of them from the mod command, prints all the mod folders so it can be a bit confusing.

there should probably be an additional subgame that comes with minetest thats lightweight but is more of a game than minetest game (the default subgame).
i have enough stuff to do with the mods i use.