Mess Effect

It's the 10 year anniversary of mass effect in a few months.
So I thought I'd give enough warning for you to work out how you'll celebrate the making of this life changing game.

By fapping to Peebee

any other ideas?

In just ten years they drove a promising series as far into the ground as they possibly could have.

Cursed year.

Send them eggs alone with a letter threatening to kill them if they don't eat them all.

The only good thing that came out of this trilogy.

That whole "we don't know what they look like" thing was such garbage. All someone would have to do is kill one and take off their facemask

That only applies if you didn't have Javik's DLC where he clearly states that the Quarians were considered attractive in his cycle.

Your waifu is shit.

3rd game was shit. Killing one in the first game and taking off their mask would have been perfectly valid

Mass Effect is a terrible franchise that didn't spawn a single good game.

I liked ME1. BioWare deserves to be bullied for its sequels, but not for the original.

I was about to correct you, but then I remembered that all patchwork has ceased for ME:A and the sequel plans have been shelved. Bravo EA and the (((diversity agenda)))

fuck off

I've gone through the trilogy twice, I don't know what else I could do differently. I banged Liara and Ashley, I did a Paragon and Renegade run, I haven't beaten it on Insanity but meh… my backlog is already gigantic.

It took less than 3 actually.

You really don't think they could drive it any deeper? They could bring it back as a Steam-exclusive episodic VN series.

you could play a different game.

The true reapers of the mass effect series were the people involved in the subsequent sequels. I didn't see that twist coming.

You should have. It's the oldest cliche in video games.

The oldest cliché in video games is the bad guys turning out to be the developers?

Alright boys you know what to do, post those Ryders.

The artist should have made more, these start to lose something after seeing the same ones so many times.

Considering the state of Mass Effect, maybe the artist isn't into necrophilia.

This is the perfect place to post a recipe, this is my femshep for ME1, I tried to make her as "cute" as possible with the limited tools from the editor.

I miss Tali's Feet general threads =(

Who fucking cares

Remember this? Remember how amazed you were at this E3 presentation of first mass effect?

tenth year anniversary of Halo 3 yesterday, what the fuck happened 10 years ago

2007 was a "cool" year. Youth first time for themselves opened internet only on selected numbers of websites, tumblr, facebook, twitter and itunes of newly released iphone.

No

jesus fucking christ, i have no attachment to the series it just feels relatively new still

3 with mods>1>vanilla 3>2
1>a garbage truck route>2=3
1>3
I don't even remember playing any side quests for 2 I just wanted that shit to be over I'm sure I did some though
2>1>3

Nope. I remember liking the demo and having fun with my play through. I thought the Thrasher Maw was a cool reference to the Ankheg from BG days.

It is relatively new compared with other disappointing Jewish creations… like the Talmud.

good job, looks like a MTF tranny

Cool. It's old enough for two fingers.

Fuck off.

bump

You seem too stupid to understand basic fiction tropes, so I imagine it would look like that. Tali (and the other Quarians, but mostly her because she was part of the ensemble cast) was an archetypical "man with a mask" character, where a character wears a mask to physically hide his face from the world for one reason or another; in Tali's case, the mask was meant to be a melancholy reminder that, were she to remove it, she would die. I believe it's outright stated in some codex entry the characters know how Quarians appear - that information is just never shown to the player because it'd detract from her characterization.

To explain even more thoroughly, it wasn't a case of "we don't know what they look like," it was a case of "we don't want the player to know what they look like."

I think people are collectively experiencing Retroactive Wolfenstein Syndrome as a response to the train wrecks that were ME3 and ME:A. The first ME wasn't very good by any standards, with one particular highlight being that it had a basic UI or graphic design error on every single screen the player could ever see, but it was inoffensive and had a few decent ideas (even if those ideas were merely extensions of things in other, better sci-fi). It had some decent characters, some decent story writing, some decent sci-fi tropes - nothing to break ground, but what you'd expect for the first entry in a new series.

There's also the issue that a lot of people on Holla Forums these days are probably around my age so ME1 may have been their first big "RPG" experience unless they made an effort to play older games, but the less said about that problem the better.

In October it'll be the 10-year anniversary of Team Fortress 2. Feel old yet?

Every time I remember this series, I feel mixed. The first game was good, the second game was meh, but had nice character quests, and the third game was fucking awful and had that tacked on multiplayer you had to play so you could get the best of the awful endings. I wish some other studio could buy the rights to the series and reboot it so it would have a chance to not be so shit.

The first game sucked balls and I refuse to finish it.

No one likes her not even as a joke… Vetra was the only good thing from ME:A

Wow tali faggots are the worst

Just try to remember it before the dark times…

Close but not perfect.

how exactly did it change your life? Did you fail school because you played too much video games?

Wrong. Drack is the only interesting character. Vetra is boring, speaks like a teenager and she has a retarded sister.

Don't tell me you unironically played it.

>Telltales makes a Mass Effect (((point and click adventure))) game definetly not a visual novel… it even has QTEs and sheit

every time i see this makes me mad and i don't know how can you possibly fuck up that hard seriously, WHO WAS IN CHARGE

No, it wouldn't be valid because there is no ingame reason to do so. Only player doesn't know how Quarians look, for characters in the game it's a common knowledge.

IIRC in 2 there was an asari bartender who was also half krogen who made a comment about how nobody remebers what Quarians look like but realisicly speaking there is no reason there wouldn't be photos on the internet equivilant

Xenos out.

I was annoyed that they really made the choices feel weighty in 2, and then backtracked to not mattering at all in 3. I was expecting a game with like, 2-3 hour play time but with a ton of different routes like a VN based on your previous choices.