SGDQ speedrunning set ups?

So I recently started emulating Mischief Makers because why the fuck not and I got to a level which has severe slowdown(drops from 60 to 30FPS) while the emulator itself runs at 100% speed meaning that the slowdown is accurate to the console. To confirm this I started looking up footage of this. I found two contradictory videos. The longplay doesn't specify that its using an emulator or not but considering Mischief Makers wasn't well emulated back in 2014 I seriously doubt it.
Embed related is the long play which starts the level at around 3 minute mark and you can see the very obvious slowdown.
Out of curiosity I also looked up an SDDQ speedrun
youtu.be/6tF7rNhVRsg?t=11m15s
The guy on SGDQ fucking blazes through the level with no visible slowdown.
What setup are the SGDQ people running for this game to not have any slowdown or is the game not supposed to slow down in the first place?

Here is embed related of the same guy doing the same game next year.
The level starts at around 12:27. Still no slowdown.

I have the cart and the console, that slowdown doesn't happen.

Could you record a video of it?

Is 64 emulation any good? Mischief makers is the only game I want to replay but I want to replay it badly.

Not comfy

Considering I just found an issue which might be emulator only probably not.

I'll try later.

I wouldn't know, I only emulated N64 many years ago, just to try it out, and found a lot of glitches, Mischief Makers would not register the directional inputs.
I'm sure it's playable nowadays, but still not 100% accurrate. 5th gen emulation in general seems to be finicky.

was this the part you were talking about?

Or maybe it was this part?
I was playing one-handed while recording btw

Thanks user this is it

ORIGINAL HARDWARE WINS AGAIN BABBBBYYYYY

What emulator?

Happens in both Mupen64plus and Project64

Default settings/plugins?

In both GlideN64 and angrylion

l o l

Once more with feeling. This kind of shit is why emulation is so fucked, because most emudevs are mentally ill drama queens.

As bad as those two seems they're not even halfway down the rabbithole.
Mostly because the MAMEdev clique is a thing,

MooglyGuy's disgusting degeneracy is at least semi-private, meanwhile everyone else just throws that shit all over social media.

To be fair only byuu and luigiblood are emudevs and in case of byuu, he hasn't done anything regarding emulation since bsnes. Squarepusher is just a whiny parasite.

Seems like setting counter factor to 1 fixes the slowdown. Apparently this was a decade old issue that was never fixed.

is he marrying a tranny?

Also the input lag is too severe to properly execute a lot of techniques like Boost Grabbing or even something as basic as Slide Jumping reliably which is something you need to do to gather certain yellow gems making the best ending near impossible to get.

64 emulation is actually pretty bad from what I've heard. It's considered notoriously inaccurate compared to other consoles.

if N64 user is still here I would like to know if webm related happens on the real thing or not

bump

one final bump before I kill myself

He must be using the console, you don't use emulators for speedrunnig as they are not valid. You just don't know anything about what you want to do, so just go and learn more

If you mean that the whole list scrolls down automatically, yes, that's normal.
And yeah speedrunners always use original hardware, sometimes they also only use the japanese versions of the games because of faster text/less characters.

I need to try this game. In my mind I saw it a million times sd a kid but never interested cause awful covet art. The gameplay looks smooth even if the graphics are questionable at times.

Speedrunners rarely ever use emulators they always go with the original hardware

I meant the random flickering that seems to happening in that webm
well I found a Speedrun which shows the report screen so thanks anyway

Werster uses Fusion for sonic games.

Depends on the game. Often emulated games tend to bleed frames in the final time overall but runners may prefer alternative control setups with other minor differences and can do better as a result. Yoshi's Island has/had several WR's in emulators for example.

Ah, I see it now. Yeah, that doesn't happen on the real hardware either.