Divinity: Original Sin II

Alright old thread is pretty much past bump limit and almost dead or if not going to be. Anyways, I got the Red Prince and the Skelly just beofre Fort Joy but I made the lizard a wizard and the skelly a cleric. How badly did I just fuck up? I can't even get past a bunch of turtles on the beach, how was I supposed to know they explode.

Other urls found in this thread:

divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
legiscan.com/CA/bill/SB239/2017
eqca.org/chcr/sb-239/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You got 2 more slots for your party. What are you using and what difficulty are you using?

Tactician and I am going two-handed. I'm only like level 2 right now.

I started as the knight.

Tactician is pretty god damn hard. Expect to save and reload often. You're going to have to follow a strict invisible track in order to consume as much exp without using too many resources.

Lizard wizard is a good idea because their fire breath skill does some decent damage. You will have an easier time with your wizard if you give them a shield to use instead of a staff or two wands. Undead Cleric is funny 'cause they can heal everyone but themselves. Splice into Geomancy because you're gonna need that poison to keep you alive.

You're not fucked, I had a skelly wizard and lizard knight and I'm already looking forward to my second play through.

This is important, get pet pal on the red Prince.
There are going to be quite a few quests that require mystic/scholar tags on the guy talking to animals and a few that reference the Red Prince directly.

The turtle encounter is made easier if you have a ranger on the rock in the center as your main damage. Probably shouldn't be getting in fights unless you have your full party.

Thanks for the advice, guess I should just bite the bullet and move on then until my party is filled out.

What tags are the best/more fun to take?
I was thinking of taking either soldier/scholar or soldier/barbarian.

Yeah yeah I'm torrenting it jeez. I don't really want to throw word shill around, but it sure feels like it.
I don't have high hopes though. Ugly females is a primary indicator of a shit game.

What version?

DRM free one.

That's not what I mean. There's been quite a few patches and I can't find a good torrent of the last one.

Yeah fuck you too, what are the people actually playing this game supposed to do? Not make a new thread when the old one dies? Fuck off.

Nigga the first one I found in google. I dunno how outdated it is.

Ah fuck you leather man.

It will be unplayable, then. I tried playing an older version and had to uninstall it.

We'll see.

Old versions had issues and if you stick with an old version there is a good chance you can't even run it, you may as well go for the latest version torrent you can find that you trust.

Finished my first playthrough last night. Arx fucking sucks ass. I don't mind the city design or the characters, but you can tell they spent less time on it than the other areas of the game. Fuck those burning skeletons in the Embassy

bazinga I understood that reference

How's the music and the writing? I'm not too far into OS1, but the music is kickass. The writing kind of tries too hard to be funny.

The writing is way better, In fact you should play through OS1 completely, because the second game improves on everything and you won't be able to go back.
The music is also nice. Tambura best instrument, if you disagree you're wrong.

tornado

Yeah I eventually beat them. I blessed and froze out most of it. But it took me forever to figure out that there were a few spots where the cursed fire was in the walls. I got that shit with Tornado.

"Flaps for your flaps."

holy fuck how did she not get it

You actually watch that shit?

Somebody has to.

They really don't.

That is incorrect.

The day when her new show comes to a horrific end will be a fine day.
But until then…

There are people who watch anime and then there is weebs like you.

Best thing about this game is that its selling like hotcakes and its DRM free.
Also, go play Xanadu Next

It's almost like there's at least 500k gamers who are tired of AAA shit. That or pewdiepie is playing this game

I think I'm starting to figure out how this game is supposed to be played.

I mentioned this at the end of last thread, but the combo Green Tea+Apotheosis+Arrow storm+Skin Graft+Arrow Storm is capable of doing just shy of 100k damage in a single turn to large enough targets. Smaller targets take fewer hits, but I'm still able to win most fights in a single round provided I can get the enemy grouped up. I literally dedicate the rest of my party's turns to teleporting enemies into a pile so I can kill them all at once.

Edgy/10

You mean "classy".

What tags should I choose, lads?

Mystic+Scholar is objectively the most useful combo.

Outlaw and Jester

But does that make sense for a two hander guy?

use a staff

Melee-mancer sounds like a really fun way to play. Focus around doing max damage with a staff, use the buffs that add damage, but play like a warrior.

What would make more sense for a Conan character, Barbarian/Outlaw, Barbarian/Soldier, Soldier/Scholar?

I both love and hate how money is a scarce resource or that I could pickpocket more than once. It doesn't make much sense to me but I guess that adds to the fun. I also wish we could have all of them together but it doesn't matter in the end. There are too many builds I want to try but so little space. Also who is the best companion and why is it Ifan Ben-Mezd?
Were my kin at?

Barbarian outlaw.

Very good choice.

have a dedicated trader in your party

That's why you always keep gear with +thievery. Getting a +3 boost right before you start can mean the difference between getting 8k worth of good and 20k.

Bravo user. Bravo.

Gloves and belts with theivery are common. So far I've also found it on unique boots, chest armor and a ring, so right now I'm at 10 when I need it.

So bullshit that every enemy can see that you are undead in every fight.

Decay + Bloodsucker + max blood = OP as fug
I'm not stopping until all of Fort Joy is painted red

Look at all this spilled ketchup.

Pssst. Spoilers read at your own peril
Combine necro and hydro spellbook but one of the books has to be a source skillbook. Thank me later

Can someone tell me the chronology of this series and in which order I should play them

10 thousand years later

At least that's how I see it but there's some retcon going on in OS2.

Thanks I was thinking of replaying Dragon Commander anyway since I don't think I ever finished it. Does it ever get referenced in other games?

I don't think so. Any traces of the empire and their technology during dragon commander is completely gone during the recent divinity games save for maybe some relics and references. Plus the empire was a progressive place where you can waifu a skeleton while in modern divinity games everyone will kill you for being a skeleton lover.

the only way divinity 2 can be after sin 2 is if you choose to sacrifice your source to repair the veil instead of replacing lucian or returning the eternals/god king.

It should be since paladins were the earliest dragon hunters, but in OS2 the dragon hunters were not formally organized yet and any mention of dragon knights being friends of the divine order has already been purged.

According to divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline OS2 is between DD and BD

It can't be because the fall of Lucian happened during the second war between the divine order and black ring, which meant BD already happened.

AKA the worst Divinity game.

What about the prince's quest to bring back the dragons?

Any quest about dragons outside of humans shouldn't be considered human knowledge. Consider that the Majisters purged most if not all of their non-human members either by sham trials or sending them to suicide missions.

We know

Maybe I am just too early in the game. It is pretty common for games to have a rough start. I am going for max barter for myself.

I still LV 3, so yeah, I am very early on. I haven't found anything like that but I have a dedicated thief.

What I'm saying is the dragons are noticeably absent, presumably because they were already hunted to near extinction for betraying Lucian. This same betrayal could be the event Lucian is using to fake his death.

There is quite a bit of SJWism in the game and the items are bad. But aside from that it's really good.

Playing lone wolf duo (best way to play) just finishing up content in driftwood before going to Arx it's, Elven ranger is a tier 1 class.

Any tips for the last fight? Spells do shit damage.

Did you get to the second part?

yes, the kraken shitting out undead rapists

Use skills like arrow shower or meteor swarm to kill it asap, the enemies it spawns die with it. A character with high leadership works wonders against it since all its attacks are elemental. Remember that you have infinite source for that fight so throw out all your most powerful stuff.

I don't really know about the music, all I heard was this remix of a divinity 2 song in the tutorial fight and I was hooked.

Just focus Braccus and make sure that none of your characters end the fight being "dead".

Bartering is pretty cool. Only in Act2 and exceeded max gold stack.

they just couldn't help themselves, glad I pirated

What's your team comp? One thing you can do is delay your turn with all your characters, teleport Braccus to your team and blow him the fuck up.

pyro/summoner, 2hander, crossbow. 4th guy left and i haven't hired anyone since, i didn't have problems until now.

Basically it goes like this:

2nd round, if they haven't killed my archer yet, i'm either CCed or they already took out archer and wizard, 2hander stays in the fight a bit longer but can't do much along, can't even get to second phase.

Res scrolls are useless, it's literally 3 wasted AP as they get one shotted as soon as i pass turn. I'm not sure what you mean with teleport braccus and fuck him up, i usually die way sooner.

You might want to spend some time updating your gear at vendors and hire a new guy from the lizard on the boat.

Fuck off, Divinity Original Sin 2 is the first great RPG since, I don't know, the Witcher?

Get Blessed Smoke Cloud and hide in it, buff up and re-invis yourself before your turn ends. If your entire team is invisible, team Braccus and team Lucian will fight each other. Once you're buffed up properly, delay your turn to get 6 AP on everyone and then start blowing shit up.

And get wiped within 1 turn. Lucian is honestly weak as pigshit.

I went Jester Soldier for my Undead Knight, made him have 1 point in theivery too… I guess I was going for a Nobby Nobbs character.

>implying they weren't put there just to be killed

There's magisters and Dallis, too. The idea is that you control the fight and burst Braccus down once you're ready.

What, no lesbian marriages? If so, not progressive enough.

The devs definitely aren't SJWs. Pic related calls you a whore and asks to see your dick/tits.

But he's part of Rex's retinue which means he's at least 2000 years old. He's a misogynistic patriarchy

Of course, it has to be interspecies homosexuality before it's okay

Im not there yet but i read something about gassing the town. If so then this is definitely what they intended.

its one thing to like /tg/ pussy and love and another to want STDs from nigger dick

This doesn't add up.

probably magical vagu for pleasure when needed

This an actually good question. Are the undead, unclean?

So ends the story of the spook patrol, at least until next patch.

So you're saying i can bone an elven trap all i want and it's not degenerate in the slightest?

All bone is clean but somewhat fleshy bone is probably diseased.

Question! Do I ever get my own Kraken? I want a Kraken.

Shapeshift. You'll lose the play dead ability and your helmet slot, but enemies will stop healing you.

can i be a bad boy in this?

Yes. Not PS:T tier, but it tries.

The game encourages it. One of the main mechanics is devouring souls to fuel dark magic.

Fuck you niggers. I'm happy you're all alone.

thanks anons

you question was gehy

Don't forget to make a Blood Rose elixir to boost all your stats.

How easy is it to miss important items that can only be made from crafting? Should I be attempting to combine everything I see?

The only great item you get from crafting is the plate of the eternals, a chestpiece you can make in act 3 that gives a bunch of aerothurge related stats, including stun immunity.

Yeah boi, it ain't human it ain't degenerate

This can't be working as intended. Do I need to check some option to make the game load times less shit?

Use gog, defrag and don't run torrents on same HDD and git gud.

I'm using the GoG copy. I'm currently not torrenting anything in the background.

I guess I can try a defrag.

Load times in act 2 and 4 are atrocious.

Is it possible to force this game to run in DX9 or 10?

No wonder he's so problematic.

What could I be missing at Fort Joy to maximize my XP gain? Y'know, before escaping out into the wilderness, and fighting the Magister Houndmaster? I've released the elf from Griff's jail, I killed the crocs, I've stolen some paintings in the fort for some real paltry sums, told the crying mother to shut up, brought yarrow flower to Migo and reunited him with his daughter… and that's about it I guess. I touched the Arena once but got my shit kicked in real easily.

Turtles, the elf hiding with the kid, fire slugs and the soul jar. Butter up Butter and kill Griff and all the magisters in town.

So what builds are you guys running?
I'm in the marshes right now, with custom character as a summoner/support, Red Prince as fighter/tank, Lohse as a cleric and Ifan as bowman.

So far it's serving me alright, but Lohse feels somewhat redundant with the Red Prince and Incarnate on the frontlines. I suppose I'll pick up Fane instead or respec her as glass cannon.
Also, how do you feel about having a rogue type on your team? Apart from stealing everything from everyone, do they serve any purpose?

Rogues do damage. Elemental damage buffs get multiplied by backstabs. Between Venom Coating, Sparkmaster, Firebrand and their aura versions, Rogues will easily be able to strip magic armors as well as physical armors with minimal investment. If you're not into that, they still do more single target damage than Warfare does, at least up to the mid levels.

>knife ear and lizard are within earshot of the sound of rattling boners
I should be appalled, but it was way too humerus.

Wasn't disease stopped by physical armor?

Is there sex with human girls?

Go on

Can I just kill him? I hate him but 2 of his cronies are trades and I want to fug butter

If you attack Griff then Butter will defect and help you because she wants your d

Does she really? Don't pull our leg like that.

I play on the PC but my friends have playstation 4s.

can we cross-platform multiplay?

After several starts and fails I've gotten the hang of this game, and I love it. Doing another character to make it through my first playthrough, going lone wolf. Out of the party members I can get in Fort Joy, who should I go for since I am a lizard cleric this time round?

I can safely skip OS1 to play this right?
I'm mainly interested in playing skelebro, which doesn't seem to be the option in previous games.
I played divinity 1 but didn't finish it.
I finished vanilla Divinity 2 and boy did that ending suck. Couldn't be assed to play expansion when it was out.
Will I miss a lot on the actual story? Can I fill up my lore holes with in-game books and shit?
Does it have any SJW pandering?
Does steam version have denubo?

i'm a dumbass, shit's not out on consoles

thought it was, whoops!

Yeah, there's no real need to go to OS1 first. Besides, apparently Larian learned from their mistakes last time. YMMV though.

Be a flirt but when she asks to cool it, don't act like this is how you normally talk, laugh it off and say you came on a little strong, ask her to leave with you and she''ll ask if you want to meet up later in another town say nothing will keep you and well pic related.

Give the potion to mabel!
unless you like traps then give it to geraldine

Are there any mods that let you play local coop without needed 2 controllers? I just found out you can't do keyboard + controller combo for 2 people.

It's not just that, they can see all your resistances too. Looks like they have max loremaster skill so they can see all that shit.

>blind elf quest chain impacts ending summary

Can't think of anything else

Fane or Red Prince

There's the Yarrow quest.
protip: Find the yarrow flower in the hills to end it peacefully. don't sweat the ring, you can get another in the marsh/fort (forgot which)

I think he already did that one

Yeah, I already know that. What I wanna know is if she fights Griff with you.

Can I do anything about the dog without having the Pet Pal talent?

Yes she does. She says something like "I couldn't let them kill you, that would be awful" after you kill Griff and co

Aye, that I did.

No I don't think so. Quite a few quests are just for that talent.

Is it only him, the one guard outside the kitchen, and his peddler bitch?

Griff, the arena bitch, the male guard near Griff, the trader bitch, and one other chick sometimes joins the fight near butter.

Is it a difficult fight, on par with the Magister Houndmaster?

About the same as the Houndmaster, but much easier than the butcher guy. Only thing that's out of the ordinary is griff and his invisibility.

Where do I do the "meat golems" and "cave frogs"? Also, how do I fight the Fire Slugs? Rain didn't seem to really do much to them.

The golems are inside the keep. Cave frogs are in the back of the blind elf's cave. Rain will only extinguish the slugs so they won't spread fire when they move. They are really vulnerable to water based spells and they heal from fire.

I knew it, I fucking knew uggo females was a red flag.
No money from me lorian, fuck you.
I'm gonna have fun with it FOR FREE.
Fucking cucks.

I suppose you could just gas the city

Excuse.
Faggot city shouldn't even be there.

Find the recipe in the basement, the ingredients in the house, and make a second potion.

Also I tried killing kids and they just run away and you can't target them again.
Another reason to not give them money.
sage for double post

Whatever you say, boss

mod when

I mean I wouldn't give a fuck if it was trash from get go like cisquisition or ass defect, but when a good game is marred by feminism and arbitrary limitations like "you can't hurt kids lol" it really fucking grinds my gears.

Aren't the devs belgian or dutch or something? They're about as degenerate as the french.

Sorry you can't RP as a total edgelord, user.

Eh I don't know about that. I don't even feel like it's forcing degeneracy on me. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough but the only time the game was overtly sexual to me was when I went to free the ice dragon dude and the witch lady who controls him charmed me and made me kiss her and filled my insides with bugs

So far, all the degenerate shit are things I instigated. Seeing as how the game wasn't sold on "All of our characters are gay and they can fuck every other male character!" I can respect the devs for that. You can make your character act gay but I never felt like the character is shoehorned into gay situations. If there are are any gay characters they never told me their life story on how they became gay and why somehow important to their story.

That's about as much as I can ask from any dev.

Thinking about giving this game a try but the try-hard reddit humor of the first irritated me to the point where I stopped reading dialogue. How is this one in comparison?

It's not nearly as tryhard unless you're playing Sebille. Which you should be.

I don't remember faggot shit in Divinity 2.

Well yeah, what happened to "role playing" in RPGs? I could go full batshit kiddie killer in old Fallout games, and it was properly reflected in gameplay as most NPCs actually reacted at me being fucking maniac.
It's where replayability comes from.

Christ cucks will never not be butthurt. Look at /christian/.

Fallout is the exception, not the rule. You know this, user.

I'm an agnostic and I despise enabling faggot marriages. It's unnatural and leads to weakening of national health and self-preservation abilities of countries practicing it.
Rapefugees situation in recent years vividly proved that.

We get it user, you fit in. You don't have to try this hard to impress us.

You'd think it would become golden standard of RPGs, but somehow it only went downhill from there.

I don't want to derail the thread but this is a shit argument every time its used. Almost everything humans do is unnatural. The internet is unnatural.

No, that proved you shouldn't let foreign rapists into your country.

He came here to boast about how he's going to pirate the game. His presence here is unnatural.

No, it's pretty natural. Humans just expanded it and some people take it too seriously.

And why cucked countries did that in the first place? Because faggots and feminists.

I don't give a fuck about fitting in. I just want video games without faggotry.

But it is. Most life forms construct infrastructures of varying complexity to exchange information.
Internet is a pinnacle of communication and is the most natural thing humanity achieved so far.

Are you confusing Holla Forums with steam forums?

You must think we're on some kiddie website where anybody gives a shit that you downloaded the game. Almost everybody in this thread pirated it. You're not special.

Fucking is the most natural thing a human can do. We just expanded it to lizard waifus and cute boys.

And skeletons, don't forget.

I smell projection.

Why are you on Holla Forums then?

Because /svidya/ is dead in the water.

How difficult will this game be to follow if I just skim read the dialogue like I did with the first?

Most gays outside of the lgbt cult are fine. In the past gay just meant you had man meat on the side while providing for a family, not the post sexual revolution crap we have today.

IRRC the fall of Rome was preceded by many of the things we see today like widespread NEETdom, sexual degeneracy and Jewish + Muslim subversion.

If you didn't want to play somebody that's laughably edgy, why did you pick the elf that uses a needle to tattoo the names of her kills onto her?

You are thinking of Christcucks, not Mudslimes
Also

I'd argue everything we do is natural, since we are of nature. Including homosex, which continues to be constantly observed in other species

Internet is an improved form of communication. Being a filthy catamite furfag isn't an improvement, it's direct degeneration.

This. Either we as humans are natural so everything no matter if it is right or wrong is natural or pretty much nothing we do is natural if you consider something to be human to be unnatural. Even then Unnatural does not equal wrong. It's the dumbest fucking argument against something.

All of the reports of animals practicing faggotry are unverifiable reports made by jewish (((researchers))) to serve as a part of zionist take over plan.
Don't trust them, wild animals don't practice homosex, only domesticated ones.

The only real issue is which Dragon Waifu is better, Original Sins or Dragon Commanders.

GMOs is just an advanced version of selective breeding, which we've done since we invented agriculture. This dumb meme needs to die. Anyway, what are all the mobility skills like tactical retreat and phoenix dive? Are there other options or do I need points in either of those for it

Bull Horns are a pretty sweet mobility skill, especially since you can spam them turn after turn.

Sure, nothing an elevated gentleman scholar like yourself would consider.

I am not going to help him with that. Live damnit.

Polymorph has sprout wings and chameleon skin too, doesn't it. Is it the most useful skill tree?

Warfare 2, short distance, creates fire on landing
Marksman 2, Medium distance, grants Haste (+1 AP on next turn, increased move speed).
Scoundrel 2, long distance, does not break stealth.
Scoundrel 1, very short distance, teleport behind enemy and attack (requires target)
Aerothurge 2, swap two targets positions (one target can be yourself).

There are also the charge moves
Warfare 1, low damage and sets knockdown
Polymorph 1, Grants Gore: low damage and sets bleed, single turn cooldown
Warfare 2, teleport to and attack up to two targets (path will be shown)

Certain summons also come with a swap position ability (such as the Cat) which is like Nether Swap but only works on them and their master.

The shit you're spewing is pseudo-intellectual crap. The idea is that fags and furfags play up their shitty fetishes for cheap attention mongering which erodes healthy principles in favour of getting your pozhole filled with AIDS. It's also giving LGBT+ community more fuel in their attempts to normalize being retarded. Media promoting it is the same thing as media trying to poison the well. And anons still think that Holla Forums isn't just filled with plebbitors at this point.

Right I forgot, Spread Your Wings also grants a mobility skill (flight) which works more or less like cloak and dagger. Not sure the range. Flight has a 1 turn cooldown, but both wings and flight cost 1 ap each, so it's a more expensive move skill than the main options (the non-charge moves cost 1 AP each).

Polymorph is OK as a support tree. The main uses for it are Apotheosis and Skin Graft, which remove SP costs and reset cooldowns respectively. Apotheosis costs 3 SP but makes all other source abilities free for the duration so you can spam 3SP storms and then reset them to do it again with Skin Graft. You'll need a way to get enough AP to actually cast them though, Green Tea is great (-2 AP costs for 3 turns), but that's only in Arx as far as I know

Oh shit, now we're cooking with gas

No, I am just saying using unnatural is always a shit argument and should never be used no matter the situation.
That's natural selection getting people who don't know how to use condoms correctly. I don't mind.
I was on Holla Forums when the biggest board was /legion/ and /cuteboys/. I am not saying the naturalness of something has literally nothing to do with how good or bad something is.

He's simply pointing out the naturalist fallacy is fallacious. Saying anything humans do is unnatural is completely ridiculous, for that would imply some sort of unnatural force is being worked upon them. So, unless a tenth dimensional demon is working through them what they are doing is perfectly natural, despite how strange it may seem - and if demons are puppeting someone I'm sure arguing about it won't matter, we're toys to alien gods at that point.
I understand the reason you'd want to use "unnatural" but even "degenerate" is more accurate. I'd personally prefer degenerate but it's too commonly used by idiots and provocateurs. It might be best just to explain why something is bad and risk becoming winded by how often you say "Normalizing this behavior lessens the social ostracism causing an increase in this behavior which weakens the populations which perpetuate it because [reasons]" or some such thing. Though if you're just going to say "this or pozhole filled with AIDS" you may as well just say "Degenerates like you belong on a cross".

I haven't even looked at the game art yet, user. All I remember was the OS I was gimmicky and fun but had awful reddit-tier writing. I remember there were npcs trying to sell me on how savage orcs were just the same as they are and a really poorly written gay scene during a fight between orcs and highlanders.

Depends on when you consider Rome fell I guess.

Sperm banks are a relatively new thing and you kind of had to get married back then to protect and pass on your assets so they had to deal with the female jew.

Is there a cannon reason why Lizards had tits and now they don't?

Like I've been preaching about Polymorph for a few threads. Everyone should have two points in it to get Wings, Spider Legs, Chameleon, Chicken Clawand Medusa Head if you're caster heavy. Wings give you ground effect immunity and the best mobility skill in the game for a few turns, Spider Legs is an AoE root which is great to keep stuff from running away or to you and Medusa is a hard CC aura. Then you have an invis and a hard CC. Tentacle skill hits pretty hard on STR based characters, too.

Funny story about the Medusa skill. Was in act 2 in the dwarven fort to the west, near the cave. The 3 of the dwarves decided to bunch up on my mage, who conveniently had Medusa Head memorized. So I teleported a 4th dwarf into the aura and stripped their magic armor. Then had another party member teleport the 5th dwarf into the pile and had my melee proceed to cleave all 5 dwarves down with Sparks and Whirlwind.

Spread Your Wings is defensive and mobility rolled into a single skill. The initial cast is more expensive, but you can cast the 1AP Flight for the next 2 turns. It's especially useful on melee once you start having to deal with seas of necrofire covering the entire fucking screen.

Klingons used to be chinks with smooth foreheads.

what in the fuck is going on itt

Memes aside though how does skeleton bone chicks? He doesn't even have a dick anymore.

With his boner

He probably just magics up a penis or something.

Why erect penis is even called that? There are no bones in your dick.

head to the bone zone and find out if that's true for eternals

His Coccyx

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a Lone Wolf pair on the standard difficulty is fucking wrecking everything. It was a little difficult early game, being outnumbered and outgunned so often.

But now they're both level 19 and counting Lone Wolf it feels like they should count as level 23 or 24. Every fight just ends in one or two turns without even having to use Source. In Arena of the One, every one of the Godwoken was dead in a turn. Fuck, Sebille one-shots every mage just by using Backlash, and Sawtooth Knife backstab blows through any enemy that's not a straight tank.

My PC has Heart of Steel, Bone Cage, and Armor of Frost, so there ain't nothing getting through that wall of armor, and even if they could they'd still have to burn through 10k HP, but good luck with that when Reactive Armor is chunking for ~2.5k damage leading into any of the several Knockdown skills.

This is so goddamned broken it's just stupid. And I even intentionally went out of my way not to use that Soul Mate/Shackles of Pain infinite combo bullshit. I might end up bumping up the difficulty just so every fight isn't a disappointment.

The difficulty is a tricky thing in this game. Lone Wolf is definitely the late-game powerhouse style of play, but having only half as many team mates is definitely a fair counterbalance there. Tactician makes the game difficult to the point that I couldn't muster any more fucks to give it, so keep that in mind.

I remember the first game was almost trivialised when my brother and I co-oped it with two lone wolves

How difficult is classic/tactician with solo melee lone wolf?
I want to run around all alone while neither being completely raped by everyone nor raping armies in one turn myself.

Enjoy bashing your head against that brick wall. Unless you're using some kind of ultra solo lone wolf mod, you're going to be fucked.

Magic is gay tho.
I guess I'll be playing on classic then.

EXPLODING
FUCKING
TURTLES

I checked out the hardest mode at first. Honestly it's just bullshit. Enemies just have tons of fucking armor. And probably hit harder, but I didn't play on that difficulty long enough to be sure of that. Just armor and HP values inflated out the ass. So, no, it's probably simply not possible with a single character.

Is there NG+ by the way?
Or can you at least go back to the world after finishing main quest?

no

Are you sure you belong here? Usually people start screaching "FAGS IN GAMES" before even realizing that you were supposed to purge them.

Hating faggots is completely normal and a natural human reaction. Apparently seeing maggots and men kissing provokes the same reaction in the brain. I've never cared for religion yet I still think faggots should be lynched and flayed alive.

You gotta chill out edgelord

wew

People can guess that someone carries the decease before any oblivious signs show up.
In most cases you can fucking guess political vies of a person just by fucking looking at him.
Human sensory organs are made for this because its fucking important for survival.

Usually its for rating and bullshit like that. Like in japan its okay to put fucking octopus in a vagina, but its not okay to show genitals. Or skeletons are forbidden in china. Inability to murder kids is just a safe measure against censorship in europe.

I just want to know one thing:

Can I MURDER every single undead or furry/scaly?

Aside from sheep, homosex in other species is usually a display of dominance rather than affection. Sometimes it's a display of sexual frustration as well especially in species where only the alpha gets to mate in which case they're sometimes less discriminate and even fug other species. Most animals who do this still have the goal of fugging the female members and reproducing.

I've nothing against gays and them fugging as long as they're not spreading diseases like they did during the sexual revolution, but just because animals do some things we have been observed to do doesn't give us license to do those things.

Getting riled up by Hitler posting is pretty gay. And I say this as someone who's pretty gay as well.

Holy shit they truly are the shittiest.

Probably.

That's the worst case scenario but thankfully not all gays are Milo Yiannoppopotamus.

They have a nasty habit of getting better, even if you rip their face off and eat their soul.

How many do you think it takes before we have a pandemic on our hands? You ever read up on how Cuba handled its AIDS "crisis", or more importantly, how the people they ended up having to quarantine reacted to the orders they were given?

Why are people saying the females are ugly? The only ugly ones I've seen are the non humans.

Yeah, only 99%.

Nigger that's Micheal Jackson with a tan and a wig.

We've got contraceptives these days and gays dumb enough to catch AIDs will thin themselves out like with natural selection. It's also against the law to pass STDs on knowingly so they can get financially ruined. Straight couples are less likely to pass on the virus through vaginal sex and aryans have partial immunity from plague plague resistance. We'll be fine.

Dudes in wigs describes basically every western female character.

Is there no way to expand the skill hotbar so I can see two rows of skills at once? ToME had this feature, and that let you cram in about twice as many skills per row, so it's kind of fucking annoying to have to switch between the tabs.

for now…

legiscan.com/CA/bill/SB239/2017
eqca.org/chcr/sb-239/

I'm not saying gas all the fags, I'm sure there are some that don't worship death and want to destroy society, but you're extending a lot of credit they don't deserve here

I ain't seeing it…
The females aren't muh dick don't get me wrong but they ain't ugly, except the elfs and dorfs.

I am pretty sure the elfs are supposed to look all fucked up and inhuman.

And dwarves look exactly like you would expect, so no complaint there.

Good taste.

I'm okay with Elves, and Dwarves not looking like bigger, and smaller humans.

Also okay with huge dorf tiddies. Boobplates confirmed.

Got a link? I tried and only got the alpha

Do you think its cheeze to use rain+poison+long corridor and run through it or its the essence of Tactician difficulty?

And thankfully they kill themselves all the time.
And people dislike anyone who is a fucking whore most of the time. Fags usually filled with disgusting stuff, not only faggotry alone.

The Sigurd Empire period was known as the age of magic. Need I say more?

Wait, you mean you can attack and kill any NPC, but they all resurrect?

No, it's the plot-relevant enemies. Specifically the Black Ring but others have a tendency to come back too.

They give you this bullshit that the God King promises they will Return, but then you devour their soul and they freak out, and then they show up anyway in the final fight because fuck you.

They all show up as skeletons though.

Never used that trick since I was basically playing a physical-focused party. Here's a nice one though: Rupture Tendons+Teleport on a melee enemy. Neither of those abilities are resisted by armor.

Honestly, the entire plot of "becoming god" sounds like utter stupid bullshit.

Why are fantasy gods sometimes so pathetic, a mortal can usurp them?

These "gods" aren't really much to begin with. Just some immortal precursors that ripped a bit of power out of the fabric of reality. But really the only reason you can harm them is because they have already been beaten by something else.

Still shit.

The entire premise never did anything for me, in any game.
Actually, the only game where I could somewhat stomach it was BG. But even then D&D is stupid, as Krognar the retarded barbarian who only smashes thing can beat the god of Death by smashing it with a hammer.

There was never any usurpation by mortals

In case you haven't noticed, the seven in OS2 are on their last legs. The "gods" are completely desperate to get someone who's not Lucian to become the new divine so that they have someone to throw against the void.

what the FUCK I never even interacted with sebille other than doing her stupid quests like I did with the other companions too. I NEVER did anything related to romance the entire playthrough.
Also I got called Lohse by the demon, what the fuck is this buggy shit

TBH, I felt that Arx and the end game was extremely sloppy as well.

yep it was

Actually, the Doctor speaks lines related to Fane and Lohse disregarding their presence in your party.

Oh so now you idiots think the game is shit. Thanks for making me waste my money.

You haven't made it to Arx yet.

no one made you buy it dipshit

though I sure would like to know why this gog ver which is supposedly patched to a post "release" version still won't work with my goddamn ds4

I always like this twist, it explains so much.

But eed337 said it was shit.

Fuck off loser.

Just make your own party.

Are you even trying to be diverse?

I too enjoy role playing as an edgy fedora in videogames as well.

Are you saying this isn't an accomplishment?

Of course not you degenerate. Not even animals go to that degree.

It's downright heroic, really. I've maybe talked to 3000 people, much less fucking them.

Not for a fag it isn't.

I am glad that I was able to convince him out of it. It took to many tries. Also, I am sad that you can't reunite Buddy and Emmie.

Pet Pal really is a shitty talent if you feel bad for animals.

I feel bad about a lot of things. At least it to laugh at the Slug Princess. I will go back and kill her when I am strong enough. Probably will kill Emmie too.

That whole clumsy pozzload was like from a parody.

I'll be honest, I wanted to see a game that was along the lines of either warband or total war that was about becoming a god through hard fought battles, and as you did better, the gods would through more and more challenges your way. Basically an excuse to have a strategy/4x kinda game where as you did better the game got harder, but your player character also got more ridiculous than if you were playing it safe.

Sorcerer King?

I'm having a tough time deciding on which race to stick with. Dwarf quit a breast, elves get that ability to eat flesh and gain skills from doing so, and undead are, well, undead.

Fane can use the mask to eat corpses for memories like an elf.

Skill gain from flesh eating is meaningless. It'll save you like a thousand gold at best since most of the skills will be useless to your build. It's a RP thing, same as undead not needing lockpicks and lizards not needing shovels.

Dwarf tits it is then

Just do what i did and kill her on your second encounter. The actually tumblrina is a decent character. Although I'm not liking the Red Prince and Fane essentially being the same character, right down to the same voice acting even.

Is there a stronger caster build than geomancer/pyromancer undead? I just need one turn to set up my buffs, and then the entire map is on poisonous fire.

For raw damage, Pyro. For a mix of party friendly damage/CC, Aero. For heavy CC/utility, Hydro. Geo's kinda weird since its utility falls off heavily if you're not undead. It's also weird since it favors armor gains and physical damage heavily. Also, it gets completely fucked over by necrofire spam that happens in act 3 and 4.

You've sure activated my almonds, user.

You need to get to the last boss. Progress through the game, you know? With the way the damage system works, you're better off maxing out one school first. In this particular case, Pyro. For a more concise answer to your question: the spell schools do different things and there's too many variables to determine if spell school is "stronger" than another.

Fair enough. Let me give you a certain set of parameters:

Now, in my game, my character is using geomancy and pyromancy, and fane is spread across geo, pyro, and hydro (for the magic armour restore, mostly) with a lot of success. Can you recommend something better?

Holy shit

I'd want to say make Fane an Int based melee geomancer and keep both a poison and an earth staff to deal with immunities. Give him some Warfare for the additional AoE skills and later on Overpower; you don't need more than 2 points in Warfare though, just use +Warfare gear instead. Toss him 2 in Poly for the slow immunity and for the AoE CC. Send him in and have him AoE shit down with a staff and Geo spells. If Living Armor works on poison damage healing and life leech, pick that up too. He basically ends up as an invincible tanking machine of infinite armor.

You then have your other character as a ranged caster with Stench. He heals/supports Fane, controls the battlefield with Oil/Fire spam and relies on ranged spells. If you want to be super fucking cheesy, you can give Fane a shield and use the Warfare skill that reflects projectile and have Fane cast AoE poison skills right on top of himself and do double damage to targets with the reflect.

The tentacle rape is real. Keep in mind that Polymorph is a support skill and if you try to focus on it, you won't make it past lvl 3 or 4.

Can't you just use the fire skin spell and jerk off while the fire heals you? Any serious build has a few points in polymorph already at that point.

Costs 1SP and doesn't last all that long. If you have a friendly-fire happy Pyro in your party, then yes Fire Skin is a no brainer

Casuals.

Where do you download lastest patch.

FYI for those who haven't figured it out yet, warfare skills scale with Int if you're using a staff.

Heh the first time I did that fight I was surprised, but with bless and the source shield wasn't hard.

Weapon based skills scale with the weapon you are using. I'm pretty sure they just use a flat percent of weapon damage with no further modifier

If they have the lone wolf talent that fight will be cake.

Pro tip: Magic isn't gay for getting rid of debuffs. If you're really having trouble…

Teleport magisters into the elementals and they will fight them for you and die, just stand up on the place with the gallows and keep everyone healed with magic and physical armour, not a hard fight.

It was long and painful. At 15 fps.

Oh I know. My strength is at 52 and my warfare at 8.

WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD LASTEST PATCH I WANT TO PLAY ONLINE. RESPOND TO ME

yeah that fight made me set graphics to low. I did the same thing at first. Physical incarnates worked much better, and some clever teleports to keep my enemies fighting each other.

I don't mind pirates but it's the 3rd world style begging that bothers me. I hope no one spoon feeds this or else we will just get more begging.

Well… I did pick 4 Elven rangers for my team.

Sounds like those pajeets on stack overflow or random programming blog post.

I haven't messed with arena mode, but it sounds like deflection shield would have fucked you up.

deflective barrier

You get set heroes to pick from don't know if that skill is available.

All the characters seem to be hybrid so 2 skills not pures so it is more tactical CC and less damage and positioning.

Just checked, you are right it isn't available. There's no shield-based character at all it seems.

Shield characters can just not get damaged ever and shield up when their armour gets low.

…that doesn't seem accurate. I highly doubt a seer with near omniscience would advise to an action that would lead to the death of her people.

She didn't. That's why she attacked me and I cheesed the fight with Ifan and his crazy range. Then I ate her arm.

We're talking about Saheila, are we not? She directly advised me to kill the Mother Tree. She didn't do that with you?

Oh, uh, no. She told me I was the Prime Scion and had to become the Mother Tree or something. I told her I wasn't gonna do that because I'm an edgy teenager who doesn't like being told what to do, and then they all attacked me.

Does this game have mod support to create custom campaigns/areas? I remember saying during their kikestarter that they would add some kind of mod tool? Is that the GM mode?

I think there are some dev tools available that they used to make the game.
I think GM mode is simpler and less powerful.

Yeah the mother tree is evil though it wants Elf domination. By killing the tree you are freeing the Elven race.

Also the Scion from fort joy tells you to kill the tree as well as Sebille. Joining with the tree is the evil option.

I am Sebille, and I just killed that Scion, though.

are other gods going to try and steal shit from me too?

You don't have to fuck with those altars btw

really?

I'm a bit directionless in this game so I tend to just explore and try to do everything

Not your fault, they fell a bit flat toward the end of the game. I ended up finding the back way in before I completed all the altars.

I recommend finding one of the two alternate paths. The easiest way involves cannibalism of either Alexander or the Sallow Man, which will tell you which altars need to be in which configuration at the Lunar Gate.
If you just want the answer outright: Human, Lizard, and Orc all follow the Sun, every other race follows the Moon. Be sure you have a Phase Conductor handy, you'll need it for the switch.

Or you could just walk through the back door in the South East

Thanks, I've been hoping for an alternative way of doings things.

I did that accidentally with the Mordus quest when I saw a coast area I could fly down to. Skipping a full dungeon by accident is a little awkward.

Neat the NPCs still had dialogue for that situation though.

I thought the paths that I found I thought were the main path in some cases. But it was just because I killed so many people in my first playthrough. Surprisingly I didn't back myself into a corner.

So this book exists. It and maybe one other book are the only things in the game that acknowledge the lore that Divinity 2 is built on.

In the game itself there's not a single thing to suggest that Alexandar is Damian, The Damned One, that he fell in with the Black Ring and stood against the Divine, yet this book exists suggesting that it not only happened but is public knowledge.

I don't get it.

How did you come to the conclusion that Alexander = Damian?
Alexander was the biological son of Lucian and Damian was some demon child he adopted that later betrayed him.

Its pretty clear to me that they're seperate entities.

I guess that actually does make more sense.

So the timeline goes that Lucian banishes Damian in 1233 and fakes his own death. Original Sin 2 occurs sometime between 1233 and 1238, which is when Damian returns. At the end of Original Sin 2 Lucian returns to the world (remove all source ending) and then is soon killed by the Dragon Knight after Damian returns. Later records forget his "fake" death.

They should really use some fonts for books.

Damian: "I am no Alexander"

Alexander, Lucians biological son, was and is a little bitch and nothing without his father.
Lucian tried to raise Damian the same way, which backfired because he was a fucking demon.

Basically a typical family drama, except that the Dad is God, the edgy teenager is the antichrist and the successful older brother is not the messiah but a very naughty boy.
With hilarious results.

I killed both the tree and the prince of shadows.

Human supremacy FTW, free the elves to freely choose to be our cocksleeves. Weaken the ancient empire so that the lizards are reduced to prostitutes.

No, I think it should be after OS2 should be after BD, because if it was before the BD, the dragon knights as an organization would be still be around and have a presence The fact that both the magisters and the paladins got fugged is pretty indicative of the lack of dragon knights running around getting shit done. Remember that dragon knights hailed from the age of Sigurd. They know when shit is corrupted

Dragon knights aren't an organisation as far as I know. They are powerful individually, but that's all. And they ARE around, as there's a Dragon Knight on fort joy Island absolutely no reference to them being particularly hunted.

Plus, again, the date of Lucian's death is outright stated to be 1233, wheras the Dragon Knight doesn't kill him until 1238 or later (1238 is the return of Damian, when exactly Damian wins I'm not sure).

The fort joy lizard opens up dialog by asking you if you're there to finish him off. Isn't that pretty indicative?

That's true. If the death of Lucian is still 1233 it means that the second war with the black ring hasn't begun. We never had a hint on how Lucian died the first time around did we?

I don't think any of the lore actually said he died "the first time". I think that part was omitted from the history books after Lucian returned in OS2 (people forgot that he faked his death once).

Further research shows that the kickstarter page mentions this is set before Beyond

I'm playing Dragon Commander and I really like the soundtrack so far, is soundtrack of DoS 2 similiar to this

That was during the KS campaign though. As far as we know, things might have changed slightly, but we don't have any word of god after the KS campaign do we?

Except that there's no evidence it's been changed and plenty of evidence that it hasn't.

Nah, I'm basing that based on them failing to fully deliver on the KS stretch goals that some things may have been changed along the lines. Nothing more than that.

Currently still in Fort Joy and so far I am wrecking everything I come across.
Built a cleric but went dual wielding have Lone Wolf and the Red Prince is my party mate, who also has Lone Wolf.

Just, the two of us are wrecking balls. The only fight that is giving me some trouble at the moment is the Divine Order Judge. Next level I'm putting a point in Polymorph for the both of us.

I'm only classic mode and I have to wonder if the Prince and I are just going to face roll over everything.

Tactician is much harder.

This crashes my graphics drivers on the reg nothing fixes it, patches, change the settings, get a different version? Get fucked. Little red zalgo squares all over then either a CTD or full lock up, you reboot and reload and it crashes again within seconds. It was fine for like 4 hours first night then this shit started and has only gotten worse, I'm guessing it's a memory leak but I'm giving up on this play-for-10-mins-and-crash-athon. It's dies just as it was getting going.

Kikestarter bullshit all over again, the fucking last one was so bugged it wouldn't let me fight the final boss as well, this series has cockteased me for the last time.

I guess you could take it that way, or you could take it in the same vein that like half of the people you run into in the wilderness ask if you're there to kill them.

People in the Original Sin games tend to be a very wary bunch.

My main literally oneshots the final bosses

Get 10% crit + int + socket double wands of whatever level and never use weapons for damage as a caster. Pic related

Also, neck sockets > rest. The amulet of first pic is + 14 int + 36% crit on its own.

What's the point of the weapon socket? As far as I know that only increases the weapon damage (either phys or elemental, you see the bonus right on the weapon's numbers).

Meanwhile Staves can have up to 20 crit and better attributes

Also, a good shield is probably worth the 10% less crit. They have plenty of other good stats on them, and around 3k armor (close to 6k for the 3 socket shield). Especially if your crit damage is still only 150%. That's only a net loss of 5% damage average.

later in the game you can combine frames with runes for extra stat or effects. socket on weapon is for even more int stacking, it's part of how I got to 80 - which you can't in theory, since there's a hard cap on skill points you can put in int.

In first pic one is for +3 int one for +3 wits because I didn't want to drop under 70% crit chance

YaInorite

You fuckers seem to be getting along ok with it. Anyone else crashing all over the place and getting pissed off?

I'm just experiencing the typical quest bugs everyone else is. Or I just don't know how to end some of these quests.

I crashed maybe twice in the 60+ hours it took me to finish. No major bugs for me either. I know I probably just got lucky with that, but it worked so who am I to complain?

Good job, user. Now install that patch.

So I a lone wolf playthrough harder or easier that just 4 dudes?

Double lone wolf is mostly easier with a few exceptions. Solo is probably harder.

How do I resurrect without scrolls? I'm only level 2 but I'm already nearly out.
It can't be a case of git gud and don't die, since there is often literally nothing I can do to stop it; half the deaths they go from full health to 0 in a single turn.

git
gud

Pick fights wisely.

Well mine runs hot even on low settings unless I turn off the usual suspects, so I actually don't know what is going on with it. Graphically it doesn't seem all that impressive enough to warrant so much resources. And if I tab it I get the most bizarre lag on everything but the game itself. I would never dare play this game during the summer.

I love this game
I do hate that there's apparently no way to manipulate the starting positions of my party at the beginning of the boat fight with Dallis, I tried changing formation, changing their order on the left, nothing seemed to work

So, how many ways to get Source are there for a moralfag like me? I've already killed Ryker, Mordus, and Sahelia, plus I just turned down Hannag because muh animal rights.

use purge on corpses

I don't think you fully understand my question.

Not what he means.

Only three more options I know of. You can have Jahan sacrifice some demons for you. You can make a deal with the demons on Bloodmoon Isle, and you can kiss the black-ring succubus.

I'm kind of interested to know what happens if you reject/kill those as well.

Uh, only one of those sounds good to me. That's not good, is it?

Oh wait, you can rescue the succubus. That's totally different, cool. Time to kill some demons, I guess. Nothing left to do on this map except go to murder island.
Why are so many of these quests broken?