A decade old

Today marks the tenth anniversary of Halo 3

Never played it, so I don't care. I played Halo 2 years ago, don't remember shit about it aside from the main theme. What's so great about Halo again?

Its GAY

GAYLO

It's multiplayer was the right mix of simplicity and flexibility to appeal to both a massive audience and a dedicated community who look fondly on it to this day.

Last year was the 20th anniversary of Bungie's last good FPS what's your point?

Today marks the day of the downfall. What else?

Very good game. Best moments growing up were spent playing that game with friends for hours and hours.
If i had the option to go back and experience a period of my life again, this is the winner so far.
Fuck other people in this thread it was great imo.

perfect time for my teens but yeah it's not like i was playing it out of the womb or something.

Feel old yet?

Perfect time for you to develop shit taste.

Yes

You're getting old, grandpa.

The NEET life for me.

you need to stop denying what you are and embrace your true self user

t.wizard

I'm glad i had shit taste to experience the fun i did.
Sorry you'll never get to do that

Fuck you sonny.

You're only as hopeless as you feel user.

This.

The best thing to come from Gaylo.

Yeah, it was great not playing shitty games.

I'm begin serious; if you want any hope of getting a long with normalfags go NOW. DO NOT WAIT. I tried to get a long in society, I've held multiple jobs both skilled and unskilled. I simply can not get a long with them at all. They want let me come and go as I please, they won't stay the fuck out of my business. Every attempt to find friendship in the world failed aside from one or two close friends. They were the only ones that could respect my privacy and/or were tolerable enough to keep as company. I was raised in an area of the world 20 years behind the rest of it, degeneracy was hidden from me for too long, I was sheltered, became too smart, asked the wrong questions, and I stopped going or caring about it around the age of 15. It's 16 years later and I just can't co-exist or be at ease around them. They're irrational, dangerous, prone to violence, have no morals, judge you while telling you that you can't judge anyone else. I am sick of all of them.

I decided a year or so ago that it wasn't going to work and I'd have to do something for myself. I can't work with or for other people. I am unable to be subtle enough to get a long with the normalfags. Why participate when I can make more money writing pajeet tier code for people I don't have to see. As long as I get a couple of cheeseburgers a day I'm fine.

Remember when we just couldn't stop talking about Doom and we said Halo was "Baby's First FPS"?
Post-contrarianism is a bitch.

Stop talking like an American millennial.

I identify as a post-American post-millanyall you shitlord.

KELLY IS NOT FOR THE SEXUAL

You're the problem, user.

And it's just as much a cancerous piece of shit as the first two games.

Go back to sucking dildos you homo.

Which one? :3

I can't say I'm surprised, but wew.

The red one
You better cream yourself you little slut

Hey no bullying

Galo was never good.

Go with your favorite.

Sweetie, if you post your dildo collection online like that, don't be surprised if people call you things like that. He's probably just teasing, otherwise he wouldn't be asking you to "cream" yourself, i.e. have an orgasm.

Oh user

Whats that flat thingy?

Silicone sampler puck to see firmness. Also to test if a particular lube is damaging
Also makes a decent coaster and door stop

I can tell you just want me to meme on you some more, so I will
Do you realise how much of a walking cocksleave you'd have to be to ask people on a Vietnamese finger painting forum what type of phallic rubber you should put in your mouth?
It's even worse if you enjoy actually doing it, do you jerk yourself off while blowing your fake penises on the regular or some gay shit? Don't answer that.

So you want to be an actual girl but still go out of your way to make it homosex somehow.

Oh, you're one of those types, are you?
I'm sorry but I really have to ask: what's up with the pacifier in your drawer?

haha

It's for all the raves I go to
I don't actually go to raves

It's because he's a slut who likes to suck on things while getting up the ass, this isn't hard to work out.

Oh god, you're not a diaperfag are you?

oh wow what a shocker

Because you totally aren't doing degenerate things already, no sir :^)

JUST POST A VIDEO OF YOU SUCKING A DILDO ALREADY GODDAMN IT YOU COCKTEASE ATTENTION WHORE
YOU DON'T JUST MAKE A POST LIKE >>13475096 AND NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON IT

Oh, sorry. My slut-fu is a little rusty.
Plus I finished like 25m ago

Well if there's any way to crash a thread, I guess this is it.

It was horribly derailed from my first post, now I'm just sifting through the wreckage

Jesus you niggers are beyond gay.
All I wanted was hot Spartan chicks but instead I summoned King Gaylord.

In the interest of VIDEO GAMES i probably wont shit up the next one if its remade

You're one of those degenerates, ain't you?

Shave that fucking mustache ffs.

You shit up every fucking Halo thread because you can't stop talking about how much you want Sangheili cock.
You are the reason people don't like faggots.
Thank fuck I live in Russia, people like you are beaten in the streets here.

Maybe you should play better games that aren't for gays and babies :^)

Nah fam. He's one of those faggots, regular shit won't work on them peoples.

get a long what? :^)

Jesus Christ dude, tone it down a bit. You went from memester to zealot in two posts.

Fucking hell, guys. Way to ruin a perfectly good halo thread.

nah, I do think the problem is this. each and every cunt on this board is lazy or collapsing in a deep depression due to everything they loved is turn to dust and/or pozzed to everloving shit.

and you fucks think that sage is a downvote.

can confirm
lived with a homo that would crossdress online for money. Got really drunk and beat him up while projecting my failings on him and he told me later that he immediately went into his room and masturbated. Homos are all mentally ill.

At first I was playing along but then it hit me that he's not shitposting.
Why do people from the west always insist that if you don't think homosexuals and sodomites are perfectly normal people who don't need mental help then you're some evil person?

Because we're not barbarians who discriminate against people based on who they love.
I know Russians are old fashioned in many ways, but don't try to push your beliefs on people from other countries.

343 doesn't exist, of course.

Here comes the ban

MFW I never finished the fight.
I really enjoyed the first Halo, not gonna lie. The world-building was pretty good, the early game was fun, the multiplayer was decent, but Halo 2 managed to make everything worse. By the time Halo 3 came out I simply didn't care anymore. And the fact that some people consider 3 the high-water mark and that 343 has driven the series even further in to the ground makes me simultaneously sad (for them) but glad that I got off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride before it's current state.

The first two games were alright.
They were nowhere near as good as games that came before them and ultimately they had an extreme negative impact on the industry, but they were fun at times.
I do not understand why so many people so vehemently defend the games, doubly because they weren't anything special,

Halo 2 was weird to say the least. Ultimately, I found it fun, if only because the Arbiter's missions were cool.
Halo 3, in my opinion, was mediocre at best, and only survived due to its rather excellent multiplayer.

Reach was complete and total trash, as far as I'm concerned. Rather disappointing on the whole. Felt like they wanted the CoD crowd.
I'm glad they stopped making the games after Reach. Better to let the series stop there, than try to revive a dead horse.

The worst part of the Halo games for me was the multiplayer. It was a big college of bad players mixed with a two weapon limit. Not every game needs to be Quake 3 in terms of how many weapons you can carry but come the fuck on, two weapons?
Reach had big assed Spartans and that's all that matters.

Personally, I think the first Halo brought a lot of really great things to the industry. Mainly actually decent AI, larger more open maps, and actual vehicle combat thrown in to a shooter.
Big thing I think people don't get is, Halo isn't really the standard 'charge-in-and-hopscotch-the-enemy' shooter you see in things like Goldeneye or Doom, where most the time you're rushing in quickly shooting and dodging away.
Halo's combat typically required more thought than that. Which is in my opinion why a lot of people complained about the AI being too jumpy, or there being too many enemies in an area. I've never had that issue, as I simply took things slow. I didn't rush in to a, say, place where the flood and covenant were fighting. I tended to hang back, see what sorts of weapons each side had, and go in accordingly.
It was a more dare I say 'tactical' game to the usual twitch shooter.

I wish it was two primaries, and one or two sidearms. That'd be the best way for it. As it was, I didn't understand the logic of carrying a shotgun and a rocket, or a pair of pistols.
Multiplayer was always chill as fuck, though, and I've yet to see the same kind of experience outside of out brief El Dewrito lot. Haven't played a multiplayer game where people seemed to genuinely just want to have fun in a long, long while.

Unfortunately, I found the gunplay rather sub-par, and the campaign to be incredibly dull. So all I ever really enjoyed was vehicle combat. Which is sadly restricted to only a few maps, and only practical besides on certain gamemodes.

AI was improving in general around that time, Halo isn't the cause of it.
I'd argue the open map part is bad. It's lazy, you don't see many well designed small maps anymore.

Wow, it's almost as if banning shitposters works to improve board quality.
Now only if Holla Forums's mods understood this.

What the hell happened here

I'd argue that prior to Halo, nobody bothered considering AI that heavily. It was improving, yes, but slowly.
Supposedly, the reason Halo's AI was as good as it was, was that it was supposed to be an RTS.
Always wondered what that would've been like. Sad it never came about.

Small, detailed maps are nice, but I personally prefer more open stuff, as it gives you more options. If the small maps are more in depth, say a fully done section of street which every odd building is enterable and one can find a large number of different routes to an objective or around a fight, I'd be interested. But usually, small maps are an excuse to keep things linear and limited. Ultimately, I'd rather take the bigger, if slightly less detailed, maps. As at least those give you options.

This comes down a lot to replayability, I'd say. And Halo does suffer for it, anyway, as there's plenty of tight maps in that, too. But, I'm not going to ever play something like Half Life again, as I'm not going to really find any significant ways to do things differently. Halo, though, I give a shot now and again, even today, as it's always fun trying out different things.
It's how I found out the plasma pistol, widely regarded as the worst weapon in the game, is actually the best weapon in the game, and is frankly a little broken.

I made that post just minutes before you, what the fuck are you calling me a (1) & Done for?
I could say the same about you.

Anyway, some faggot came on, started posting about how he wanted to pleasure Elites, posted his dildo collection, posting him sucking on one, etc. He derailed the thread by being a massive attention whore until he was banned.

Halo Wars.

Yeah, but Halo Wars was designed for console and pretty low tier as far as RTSs go.
Did like it for the cutscenes, if nothing else.

I know user, it was a joke

Jesus fucking christ. I'd post a reaction but I don't have one

What kind of garbage do you play where that's not the norm? Modern FPS?#
I don't mind large maps as long as they're interesting, Halo's maps aren't interesting. Yeah, they're big and that gives you "options", but that's the absolute most lazy way to make a level I can think of. Not every game needs to be E.Y.E. in terms of complex maps, but some actual design would be nice.

What out there these days actually has openable doors? Fuck, even the old ones were 80% immovable solid wall with at most two routes that ultimately lead to the same spot. If you were lucky, you'd get vents to crawl, which do the same thing as walking normally, except they're slow.

Halo's maps are exceptionally shitty, yeah. Bar the Maw, all of them were forgettable, I'd say. Unfortunate, really. Later games did a lot better that way. 2's maps were downright interesting, I'd say. Especially the early jazz, with the heretic elites.

E.Y.E. only had a few interesting maps, last I played. Otherwise, they were incredibly dull. Fairly complicated as far as potential route, I guess, but that's mostly due to being more of a hoard shooter, I'd say, what liked to toss objectives around all over the place. In any case, bar the earlier cityscape levels, I was never that impressed by E.Y.E.'s level design. Good game, though,.

Honestly I don't think the later Halo games are any better in regards to map design. I haven't played any game beyond 3, though.
The entire series were just average games blown way the fuck out of proportion. A sign of what was to come for the industry on a while, I suppose.

When talking about E.Y.E I was referring to maps like Electric Sheep, which is absolutely huge and comprises of things like several an entire apartment complex, a full sewer system and decaying buildings The game has some boring maps, but I've yet to see something

We don't talk about games after 3.

Halo's probably overrated, but then, most things are. Unfortunately, I feel like it also gets a bit too much flak on the whole, as tends to happen especially around here with overrated things.
Good example'd be Rick and Morty, actually. If you listened to Reddit, you'd think it is the best show out there, absolutely amazing, for high-class intellectuals, with a stellar plot and amazing jokes. If you listen to hereabouts, you'd think it was the worst of the worst, complete and total trash, unforgivably low quality with jokes that only appeal to 12 year old fedora wearing athiests who think they're smart.
Reality is, it's a mediocre at best show, what's surrounded by exceptionally shitty cartoons what tend to make it look better, especially to those who's only frame of reference is western adult cartoons.

Point being, nothing is perfect, but nothing's really shit. I wish people'd take the good things as well as the bad.

I miss vehicle combat and need a game to scratch that itch so bad. Any suggestions? Halo 2 Anniversary is a shit and should have been a stand alone fucking game.

Shit on halo as much as you want. I'll always remember the good times I had in Halo 3 Forge online with friends making stupid maze maps and whatnot.

The recent 343 books have been great and Halo 5's MP, forge, and customs are great. HW2 is decent as well. 343 has fucked up a lot but they aren't pure shit. Denalism isn't going to get you anywhere.

As far as Reach, I don't buy the "trying to go after the CoD crowd" arguement. The loadouts in reach litterally only function as armor ability selection, and that's the only tenuous similarity to CoD the game has. 4's MP is an actual example of CoD-ification and it is rightly derided for it, and 5 thankfully removed all that bullshit.

I really don't buy that Halo as a series is "average", I don't understand the mindset that it is. The series consistently invests heavily in both single player and multiplayer rather then only doing/putting effort into one, it's got fantastic music and strong visual design, some of the best lore in the medum, and lots of user content creation tools. In terms of bang for your buck the Halo games have some of the highest content per dollar ratios of any video game (discounting modding).

I don't mean to suggest it's average. Rather, I think it is well above average. I just don't think it is either a pile of trash, or a shining gem.
It's good. It's got a lot of good stuff. I like that. It's also got some bad stuff I don't much care for.

Reach was trash. It was boring, everything was covered in tacticool trash, and otherwise felt bland compared to prior lots.
ODST was the last good Halo game as far as I am concerned.

We'll have to agree to disagree re: the tacticool, I think that visual design works very well for Halo: Halo's setting and lore has always been pretty grounded miltiary sci-fi, I think Reach's aesthetic is a pretty logical extension of Halo 3's syle, particular it's concept art.

There's certainly parts of Halo 3's art design I prefer, but there's also a lot I prefer about reach's. Something in between would be best but if I had to pick I'd say reach's is better in most regards In general though Isaac Hannaford's art design is 10/10 all around.

You'll have to explain what about it you found boring, though. I agree it has a sort of muted, blander feeling to it then prior Halo games, but I think that was sort of the point and intended tone. IMO it had better writing then 3, which was a huge step down from 2, and had a higher average mission quality. It's forge was also inarguably better and I overall like it's core mechanics slightly more.

Maps were absolute dogshit though.

You should give 5's MP, forge, and customs a try if you have a friend who owns the game. The campaign is a complete waste of time, but it's tied for Halo 2 for my favorite gameplay in the series and the forge is almost a modding/dev tool in how much it can do.

Also examples of how impressive 5's forge is. In case it's not clear, the last webm here is showing how you can swap weapon properties a la old halo 2 modded lobbies

Maybe it is the logical progression of 3, but 3's style was already going that cancerous route, you ask me.
Give me smooth, heavy metal, any day.

Reach's only good parts as far as I'm concerned, were added by ODST. Meanwhile, it gutted most the stuff I really liked, and replaced it with a rather horrible campaign, boring environments, ugly enemies of which were dull to fight, and rather low-quality weapons.
It also pissed me off a bit that it took such a far step from the books. I was really hoping for a Reach that was a massive UNSC port. It'd've been fun to fight in. What we got was a dull empty stretch of random farmland and countryside. Had one good city mission, and that was about it. Even then, it wasn't the industrial center I had hoped for.

Explains why your tastes are so shit.

That's exactly what 3's and reach's style is though for UNSC stuff: Smooth, flat geometric faces.

You'll need to explain further here. IMO it had a better average quality then 3, even better AI then CE, and one of the best weapon sandboxes in the series.

Reach was described as primarily rural and forrested in Fall of Reach, though, outside of it;'s miilitary outposts and urban centers. Aside from the fact it wasn' following Blue team it's about what I expected. Besdies, the fact that Halo isn't just urban and grey and brown industrial shit is part of it's appeal.

Have you actually tried it? I thought 5 looked awful when they first showed gameplay of it but was pleasantly surprised in the beta.

Again, the campaign is shit, but the core mechanics, weapon balance, forge, and customs are great. Did you look at the webms?

why even live?

And you'll likely never get it, since due to all the dudebros whining about WHERE'S MUH CHEEF and 4 and 5's stories not being simple enough for them, 343 said MC would be in every halo game moving foward and the stories would be simplified.

Since H3 is now backward compatible I tried a bit of the multiplayer and I remember now why I dropped it. It's so slow and it runs at 30. I wish they would release the one in the MCC instead.

Halo 5 ODST would be nice.

I can't stand the gaylo community for those reasons. If Chief isn't in the game then it's shit. He's the Vader of Halo.

No, bro.
No.
It's all sorts of clangy shit with loads of sharp edges, skeltonization, and 'tacticool' garbage.
Take a look at the shit you posted, compare that with the stuff from CE.

It's cancer, you ask me. I hate it. Looks like total ass.

3 had an abysmal campaign, but I'd still argue it was better than the forgettable pile of trash Reach had.
You're thrown in to a group of unkillable supersoldiers, trivializing most combat, and making the former 'lone supersoldier badass' idea turn to 'generic dude in a group'. Didn't even go for the ODST route of doing this, where at least as a less generic dude, your friends could actually die most the time.
Reach then decided to make those characters feel even less impactful by having them all die in cheap cutscenes, and have the audacity to expect me to care. Only cool death was the knife guy, because he actually died playing the fucking game.
Even then, he died a mile away, and so it still had little impact.
Ultimately all the goals and actions taken were boring as all shit, and mostly felt like cheap excuses to get to different setpieces. Really did not help that the only enemy you ever fought were covenant.

Environments you were stuck in were mostly shitty countryside, with only one map that I really remember as interesting, which was the helicopter night city assault bit.
Otherwise, it was incredibly empty countryside, with nonsensical buildings just thrown about. 'Least the ringworlds had the excuse of years of nature reclamation.

Enemies you came across were only ever covenant, of whom the new look for was stupid at best. Another case of adding far too many unnecessary bits and bobbles. I especially hated the shitty helmet what made the elites look like cheap knockoff spartans.
Armor design in general, in Reach, was trash, you ask me.
These problems, in any case, were rather largely expanded around the minor units, like jackals with their shitty new knife-armbrace things what didn't actually do a damn thing it seemed, and the grunts similar issue to elites "let's just jam as much shit as we can on these guys".
As far as they played, I never saw much of any actual tactics or thought from them, but that might've been the map design. Most the time they seemed rather mindless. Very dull to fight, and the loss of the jackal shield troops by large made most squads a non-threat outside of elites. Hell, early Halo, jackals were probably the biggest threat most the time. Especially in CE where far too often I had my health whittled away by jackal charged bursts.

Weapons felt like they looked. Cheap, underpowered, and lgihtweight.
Nothing in the game had any weight to it. Look to a game like ODST I say for solid weapon design. By large, every weapon in that thing had some real heft to it. Not only in terms of how it felt for you, as a player, in the hand, but in terms of how it impacted the enemy, and how it fired.
Reach's stuff all felt either the same, or somehow even more piddly. There were ffew weapons I can think of that seemed to have any kind of heft to them.

You don't have to be grey-and-brown in order to not make your shit look like crappy farmlands, when it's supposed to be THE major supply and fitting dock of the entire human empire.
Reach was literally the central point for everything humanity did. It was where the ships were built, fitted, and refueled.

I wouldn't touch Halo 5 with a 20ft pole. I sure as hell wouldn't actually buy the goddamn thing, let alone tell other people that it's worth a shot.
I looked at your webms. They were interesting, but ultimately, I could play actually good games with modification potential like that, and not have to give money to a pile of total asscancer that is 343.
I would genuinely sooner cut my own foot from my leg than play Halo 5.

That'd be absolutely amazing. As it is, ODST is right on the top for my favorite halo games. Not sure if it's actually no.1, but it's definitely damn close.
Bonus points for giving us co-op where we can play any member of the squad.

I want shills to leave

I'm going to bed now so i'll have to read and respond to your post in detail later, but I apperciate you going into detail, but I want to respond to

You are putting them in a position where it's impossible for them to redeem themselves. You have somebody telling you 5's core gameplay, weapon sandbox, forge, and customs are actually good and worth checking out, yet you are saying it's not worth checking out because 343 is shit. How can you know if they haven;t done something good here or for them to prove they have improved if you won't give it a shot?

Also to be clear i'm not even advocating you buying 5: It has no local MP so when the servers shuts down the only parts of the game worth a damn will be unusable. It's a horrible business practice and I don't reccomend anybody support it.

I'm just saying that the mechanics and MP there is good, i'm not trying to shill you on it.

Yes, H3 on the MCC was better. Am I a shill because I liked that version? Am I a shill because I like games that run at 60fps?

I'm mostly saying it because of everything I've seen of the lot.
That is to say, the aesthetics, the lore, the feel of everything, the business practices.
It's definitely not something I'd want to get in to.
It's not that 343 could never fetch my interest again, but when they do, I'd be testing that jazz with a 20ft pole before getting anywhere near it.
I'll be honest with you, I only marginally hated Halo 4. It was not good. It was very, very, dull. But it wasn't exactly complete and total trash.

Maybe it's a difference of what we look at games for, ultimately. I don't really look at multiplayer, because ultimately, any multiplayer can be fun with friends. So, what I look at most the time is the single player, how the weapons feel and how the enemies fight, how the vehicles handle, and how the story progresses. Weapons aren't terrible, much as they were in 4, but the impact on enemies seems to drop things for me. Especially when everything looks so unappealing on the whole.

Ultimately, I hear someone saying "the forge is good! Give it a try", and I think to myself "He wants me to play the game! Fuck him!".
Maybe that's a silly reaction, but unless they stick that forge on El Dewrito, I'm not like to care.

No, but you're a fucking retard for buying an Xbone

Why anyone would by an xbone is beyond me.
Why anyone would buy a modern system in general, really.
Their pricepoint's gone up so much, you can get a prebuilt PC better than them.

Might as well get a laptop

Um, user, actually… some of the sangheili cock posts are mine…

s-sorry

Part of the point, though.
You can, instead of getting a scambox, get a slightly better scambox.

True enough

i had turned 18 when it came out. time flies…

nigga i was already a grumpy reject that hated on HALO 1 and San Andreas the day they came out

Perfect Dark is better.

It was Chad McDudebro's first FPS.

G-got any more?

THICC is code for Fat Acceptance. Get your Nigger-tier fetish outta here!

(FITgirls are the superior fetish pic not related)

What a way to ruin a picture

Go back to /cuteboys/ you mentally ill threat to civilization as we know it.

What's the matter user?

Its a gaylo thread what do you expect

Awesome series but everything after ODST was trash that should never have existed.

Reminder:
THERE STILL ISN'T AND NEVER WILL BE A PC VERSION! ESPECIALLY NEVER WILL THERE BE A CUSTOM EDITION!

Traps are totally straight user, they're not a part of (((the gay community))).

Traps are only gay if you are the bottom.

Bump for best game series.

good

Psst, penises are inherently masculine. There's no such thing as feminine penis. Traps are gay.

Wrong.

bravo, champ

Faggot