Monster Hunter General

MH:WORLD RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED, JANUARY 26th 2018
No PC release date yet

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
kiranico.com/en/mh4u
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
desiresensor.com/
i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
youtu.be/qTviKYow7Oo?t=2220
youtu.be/ZJEEqczBYUQ?t=112
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=241
kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html
youtu.be/eCHzFaXizYA?t=780
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?280365-MHXX-v1-2-0-Update-English-Patch-v4
archive.is/zQkcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LET THE SALT BEGIN

There's a research department in hub town and an in-game wiki that give info about the monster. Training room to git gud at mastering your weapon

Go away please

I really hope that second picture is all male armors, because if the bottom row are females, apparently women are obese in this game.

Threadly reminder that MH World is going to be the best MH game and your butthurt is great.

I dunno Capcom fucked up adding movesets to the game in X/G. Completely overhauling the structure of the games might be a little too much for modern Capcom. I hope it's good though.

I think all are male since all the armor are different

I think World could turn out to be fun.

I think it'll run like dogshit on the PS4 and we should wait for the definitive MHWG PC release where we can pirate all of the inevitable paid DLC.

Obviously.

Hope so modern Capcom doesn't exactly fill me with optimism though.

Probably have to pirate it on PC to get decent performance anyways since it will most likely have Denuvo.

Previous thread isn't even on page 13 yet. Stop being so fucking obvous shill.

Sounds like you need to get new friends, user.

Is thread locked because old one isn't dead yet? these shills don't even have the patience to do their jobs right

its not locked anymore

I unlocked this thread now, so use it I guess.

Nice going

IT HAS BEGUN
LET IT FLOW LIKE THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES
YOUR ASSPAIN ONLY GIVES ME STRENGTH
MORE! MORE!

Ill stop now. The autists in these threads are just fun to laugh at, thats all.

Since this is what we're stuck with at least for now, I'll go ahead and throw the real OP on so we at least have something to work with

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

It's not about being patient or not, it's about forcing their OP with MHW ads on top, and to do that they have to post the new thread before anyone will.

REMINDER THAT CAPCOM DECIDED THAT MONSTER HUNTER WORLDS WILL BE MADE FOR THE SAKE OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE MONSTER HUNTER
MHW ISN'T FOR THOSE WHO'VE PLAYED THE SERIES UP UNTIL NOW

Pretty much. I'll give them credit for paying enough attention to know what resources to copy paste, but the blatant shilling for World and lack of the QR for pirating XX makes it really obvious.

New BO of /monhun/ here to shill the newly restored board (since the last BO abandoned it after the April hack).
Please come and help me bring back some life into this board.

If you so adamant on making the OP, how about update the info with new stuff? I want to make fun of your autistic rage but I dont feel like it right now

That is literally the words out of the mouths of the producer and director. The fuck are you on about?

MH4U room 57-3278-9933-4239

if anyone want to join

this

Either you posted wrong ID, or you DCed before anyone could join.

Jesus christ kids, you're trying way too hard to push this crap

To be fair, he did mention it was "U" rather than "G" so he's probably using the locked-off version.

Has never been said anywhere.
I don't think this has been explicitly confirmed as the reason for that change.
Anjanath, Jagras, and Great Jagras. English names were confirmed ages ago, we don't need to use the jap names.
Has been confirmed to be able to be turned off multiple times, and has been shown off. You constantly refuse to acknowledge it.

I am on U. pls, 631518. I want to play with Holla Forumsirgins

Reading between the lines is a helpful skill.

And there's no need to use the English names when we have the actual names, your point?

The copy pasta has been updated accordingly.

Ill play with you user. Let me get my n3ds first.

No gathering halls found. please make another so we can play bro.

MODS ARE CUCKS

nice dubs
hall 21-9087-8352-7577
pass 1488

The bottom row #3 reminds me of Rathian armor, based on the helmet. Although I can't tell if it's pointed or if it is just rounded with a wedge in the middle from that angle. He does look a little bit fatter. Also reminds me of the onion knight from Dark Souls.

Fug. Pasta, do you still have the hall ID, or can you still join me?

It looks like it's the older style Rathian set, or Rathian EX/GX as the more recent games are calling it. It looks surprisingly good in World, especially considering I've always thought it was her worst looking set. The Rathalos set is also the older style. The blue one third on top row looks like Tzitzi Ya Ku, the flashing Jaggi clone. The white one between bone and ingot might be Paourumu, the puffed up squirrel thing. The blue one beside Rathian looked kind of like a mash up of all of Barioth's different outfits at first glance but the colors are all wrong and most of the design is only vaguely similar. I'm guessing it might be for that nargacuga looking wyvern, Tobikagachi.

Most people here speak English.

I can still join you. I have nothing to do anyways.

make a new guild hall though

I'm still in my quest. I'll make a new one when I finish or fail.

Is there any chances that MHXX will come to the west more or less next year? Capcom did say they have no plans to bring over MHXX at the moment and to me that implies that MHXX will come to the west but at a much later date.

Infinite bug nets, bet will be the same for pickaxes.

I think it is the same for pickaxes too, what im worried about is the inventory since they've never shown that off yet.

Considering they let you restock on Potions at any time, I'll be surprised if there's an item cap at all to be honest.

new room because reasons
39-5696-8904-9340
pass 1488

alright fuck it. my internet is absolute trash right now. someone else make room please.

"No gathering halls found"
You may have fucked it up user??

as soon as I made it
"An error has occured. Returning to offline mode"
Could you make the room?

17-2831-0375-0451
pass- 0000

Mh4u huntan time motherfuckers

So can someone give me a quick MHG v MH4u?
Currently going through 4u (and having a blast mind you) but the styles look fucking rad in Generations.
yes, 4u is my first monster hunter game
Thanks in advance

Nobody said anything about the interview, I'm just saying you need to update your pasta with factual information rather than bias opinion and assumption.

The point is this is an english language website, nobody called rathalos リオレウス

Except that wasn't the problem with it. Within that interview, there was nothing indicating they could be turned off, nor was there anything else reliable at the time suggesting that. The problem is that it was outdated rather than biased.

I mean, if you guys want to use nicknames, whatever, but リオレウス is what actually is used in-game for the series' mascot monster.

Monster Hunter World is a fantastic study into how American games look to Japan. It's basically a checklist of what the casual western gamer gets excited and claps and shouts for at E3 shows. The devs went through that checklist during development, ticking each one off.

Things like:

I don't mind the graphics (but it's filled with lots of bloom and the colours aren't as vibrant), higher framerate and resolution. I'd love to see some of the more gorgeous or visually dynamic monsters with that kind of fidelity. From the videos I've seen I do like some of how the new monsters look. And I really like the more in-depth and detailed character creation.

As for the open world, they could do some creative things with monster behavior and territories. Like leading a chasing monster into another's territory so you could have an easier time escaping if they start fighting or you could totally fuck up and lead it into a territory of a monster that doesn't care so now you have to handle two of them. I doubt they would do something that cool unless it's scripted to happen (like every time you do a "hunt x monster" quest, that always happens) but it's something nice to think about.

Generally I think MH World looks fun. The same way Frontier's tonfas look fun. The same way Adept style and Hunting Arts in MHXX are fun. They're a huge departure from the core series but in some ways I think there'll be enough there for me to enjoy. I'm interested to see and feel it plays and controls for myself so I really want a demo for it. If I like it I'll probably wait to see if there's an Ultimate version or expansion that I can pick up used or on sale a while after release.

I'm not too nonplussed about Monster Hunter World. I'm sure it won't explode in sales like Capcom wants it to. Nobody seems to want to learn that when you want to appeal to people who don't play your games, you end up alienating your former players as well as not getting any kind of chunk of the new audience. Most of the people who don't like/weren't interested in Monster Hunter in the first place still won't like/won't be interested in it. Yeah, you'll get a few who'll be like "Finally! Monster Hunter actually has a story now! I can get into it!", the same way a few people were like, "Dante isn't that white haired anime boy in DMC anymore! I can get into it!" but they'll never be in the thousands or tens of thousands that Capcom expects. And if it bombs they'll probably fall back on their Japanese audience/portable fans with an MH5. If not, well… it'll probably go the way of Megaman or Breath of Fire. In which case it'll be time to suck it up and move on.

Rathalos is the official english name for it though yet you insist on using japanese names written with roman letters.

That's the point, retard. We had gamescom and TGS yet you posted nothing new.

Wut

Instead of the potions healing you for a set amount, they regenerate health (at a very quick rate) instead. Probably to compensate for lack of flexing after taking a potion normally.

So the official English name is wrong, your point?

The interview is still relevant because it looks at the design philosophy behind the game as a whole, and informs everything behind what's come out since. That said, if I find more interviews with Tsujimoto and/or Fujioka that detail more relevant information, I'll be happy to include them too.

It's probably still instant and just looks like regeneration, like in 2nd gen and earlier.

youtu.be/qTviKYow7Oo?t=2220

I think it's regeneration. The bar lights up white indicating how much health he's going to regenerate from that potion.

They did the same thing in 2nd gen though.

In that case it's worse than I realized, because you can be very mobile while drinking. Gonna look up more videos to confirm though.

How's it feel to be both autistic and wrong at the same time?

Anyone want to do some High Rank hypers in MHXX?

BO of /monhun/ here to give you a daily Reminder that >>>/monhun/ is now a thing once again.

Stop by and make a post or two. It's better than being subjugated to a general thread on Holla Forums.

Alright, looked closely at a few more videos and potions aren't instant. They regenerate. ''But they only regenerate when you're in the drinking animation". If you stop the animation, you stop regenerating HP.

When you start drinking a potion, the white bar appears. That's how much you'll be able to heal. You have to go through the entire drinking animation to heal that amount.

youtu.be/ZJEEqczBYUQ?t=112
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=241

In the first video he stands in an Apceros nest and drinks an entire potion to refill his health. Then gets clobbered. He runs away and attempts to drink another potion, however when he sees the monster coming towards him, he dodges out of the drinking animation, stopping his health regen, and gets hit right afterwards.

In the second video it's a bit more clear, the guy starts drinking the potion and then cuts the animation to jump over a log. The white bar disappears and his health stops going up. You lose the potion the moment you use it so he loses the potion even though he didn't heal much before he jumped over.

It's not like you can drink a potion and then do other stuff while your health regenerates.

So in other words, you have to spend the entire time in the drinking animation if you want all the HP a potion or mega potion can give.

It's still worse than the flex locking you and forcing you to time heals but at least you can't roll out of it and still get the maximum heal. Still shitty.

I bet he says Jinouga, too. What a goober.

some premonition from /monhun/
remember, every hype train ends in a wreck.

Cool, I can't wait to post on a dead board instead of a general thread on a very alive board. I love MonHun, but there isn't enough going on in it to warrant an entire board. You might as well just make a subreddit.

Its a time capsule trove though, peoples were hype for MHX

That still doesn't balance it at all. The "slow gradual health" isn't much longer than a flexing animation, and if flexing animation is placed wrong you will most likely lose more health than gained. Unlike wasting just a small bit of health to dodge and use another potion. One requires having to think about a good time and place to heal, and the other encourages to use a potion with little consequences. And before someone mentions that means players will run out of potions faster, hunters can restock at their camp anytime they want to.

Sauce on that?

you for real?

There's still a need to be attentive to the monster's actions as well as choosing the best time/finding a safe space to heal if you want the full amount of HP a potion can heal. And if you dodge in the wrong direction, or can't dodge far enough away (either way you stopped the drinking animation) from an oncoming attack there's still the possibility that you'll get hit for way more HP than you gained.

It''s still much easier, especially considering the issue of being so mobile while drinking. But it's not as bad as I thought it was ("instantly drink potion, health regenerates while doing other stuff").

If you really can restock on potions infinitely at a camp then damn. I mean even in MH4U or MHXX for example, I had hundreds of both potions and megapotions as I entered high rank village because of sales and trading. So being able to grab from that supply at camp seems off.

I like most of the UI improvements for World. The ingame wiki that gets updated as you kill/capture monsters, it makes sense and keeps me from having to go outside the game. Seeing all weapon upgrade trees may make a little less sense but again, it's something I spent time outside of the game checking. So glad that's in. Just disappointing that these are coming along with all the combat 'improvements'.

every time

It's a cool idea, but it looks like it's really broad and not specific, or adjusting based on weapon/element. Personally I would've welcomed it if it was something you could fill in yourself (and thus make mistakes on) based on what you observed from hitting the monster. Either way though, the lack of exact values and drop rates means you'd still need to consult Ping's Dex, so it's a moot point really.

To be 100% fair, the statement that it wasn't confirmed to be removable, while true as regarding the interview and all information at the time, WAS outdated, and I've removed it from the pasta in case the shills die down and we actually get to post the next thread for ourselves. That said, it's the same as people defending X by saying you can just not use Styles and Skills, and the bigger problems with World are the ones that can''t be turned off.

This is likely what the Speed Eating skill does now.

I'd believe it.

would be kinda funny.

I don't mind the hunters being pumped up or some sweet skills, but the monsters are just… they are not aggressive enough, all gameplay shows that the monsters are at supreme disadvantages and the only cart anyone has seen was when a guy deliberately did it in front of the monster.

Yeah I get you. I recently went back into it to mop up the village quests since I had some high rank end game tier armor and weapons. Had I not been using skills, I would have failed several of the 5 monsters in the arena quests, and even at that, often clocked around 20 min per hunt due to the obscenely bloated HP pool the monsters have. You don't use offensive arts, you are in for a painfully long fight.

Fuck me I've only played a demo for one of the MH games and even I know that AI is shit.
Monsters attacking each other is a nice touch (need to make sure you get the kill before it's eaten by a bigger predator, a fight escalating, etc)- but the AI needs to consider the player as the biggest threat. I.e. They'll attack each other if you aren't around- but the second they realize a human is about they focus on them instead. Their reckless attacks can have friendly fire as well, and they might lash out if they get hit by it, but otherwise they want to be a challenge to the player.
And unless a monster is blind or blind with rage, it should never run into a fucking tree it can't knock down or climb onto a surface that'll collapse under it's weight.

10/10.

Nobody gives a shit.

Yeah, part of what is horrifying when fighting most of the monsters is how and obstacle for you is collateral for the monster; they plow through it because they are mighty and you are squishy. Deviljho and the brute wyverns and their forefather Diablos all showcase monsters being obscenely reckless in their attacks, but instead of them getting hurt, then generally destroy something. Yes, diablos can get it's horns stuck in something, but the pillars that are soft enough to do that BREAK and leave less ground for you to hide from it's more dangerous attacks.

You are getting slower and slower with each passing thread.

Anyone have the vertical strip of savage jho in which its dragon element mist keeps growing over its face?

Capped.

Cut the guy some slack, he probably has a job that doesn't consist of shitposting on message boards to trick people into buying kusoge

the level of reaching here is astounding

You're actually right, but these generals keep getting posted so frequently due t the shitstorms locking them

Stop.

Doesn't help that the mods reward them for breaking the rules and posting early by killing the threads that obey the rules

the only reaching is this post.
It's not that turning off an option affects gameplay, it's that a gameplay is affected when the game is designed with certain features. After that, turning it off or on means nothing.

I couldnt agree with you anymore user. I just hope the game dosent fall to pieces and is at least playable on release. Im especially worried about the amount of risky new additions the MH devs are adding which could probably backfire hard on the game. Hopefully all of the stuff that weve seen is just low rank babying and the game starts getting real with the player during higher ranks, but Im not too faithful that would happen tbh.

Damage numbers doesnt matter to me because Im immediately turning that shit off once i get the game.

Is it just me, or is MH:W shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter game to date?

how is damage number affected the gameplay? its literally a matter of preference

Yup, decent discussion is stomped, shills are covered.

I've noticed the number 1 shitposting that isn't "nintendkids" in these threads is
you pay attention long enough, a pattern arises. much like hunts, really

That's not HP bloat that's just you being a shitter supreme, 20 minutes for a village quest in low rank armor using a HH with no arts in guild style is fucking slow, good clear times in high rank equipment wouldn't be more than a minute or two, and average clear times (i.e. me) would be in the 5-10 range at worst. HP bloat is a non issue until hypers and deviants, offensive arts are also almost exclusively garbage too unless you mean passively boosting arts or are you playing striker LS?. Bushido, brave and the two absolute evasions are the reason arts&skills are overpowered and neccessary to bring solo kill times for hypers down to a reasonable level in general play. This is due to how having relative impunity to damage means you can play like a fucking retard and still be safe, removing the 'soft' hp bloat caused by the monsters having randomly redesigned movesets with tons of huge AOE moves that are no real threat to you aside from wasting time if you're not using arts/styles.
Course if you said something like "Why the fuck does hyper g-rank rathian have more HP than your average elder dragon" I'd be on board with you.

I'm hoping the opposite since at this point the only good I can see coming out of World is it bombing so insanely hard that no dev dares make a game with the West in mind for at least a few years.

Not to mention they constantly throw out the term "debunked" to casually dismiss anything they don't want people to know about, even when it's things straight from the mouths of the developers themselves.

To be fair, it sounds like he's talking about the really end tier quests which put you up against 5 monsters in a row.

how about you "read between the lines", aren't you a master of that skill?

The game is designed with the numbers in mind. What we are to take away from that is how it is designed in telling the player everything and allowing the common player to be an inept moron, unable to tell when a good hit is (IE: weapon sticking, seeing armor for elemental weakness, etc) unless they have the numbers on.

As showcased, there is no blood and it's all dirt. Some say it's turned off for the demo, but I've seen no proof. Vets frequently look for blood spurts or weapon sticking to tell if they made a good hit or a hit at all, but imagine if that is not in the game at all, so you can't tell if it's a hit or a good hit. Therefore you NEED the damage numbers because the game wasn't designed with them in mind to tell you if you're hitting a good spot.

I'm am indeed talking about the end game hunts with the 5 monsters in the arena.

The one that had tigrex in the middle and zinogre at the end pissed me off and I only beat that one with 14 seconds left on the clock. That was all due to the obscene bloat and I only beat the last two monsters by being a a total retard, eating attacks to the face for the chance of getting that one more hit and then spamming arts. I found that I nearly HAD to score at least one pin + one full power offensive art to kill a monster under 10 min. Being careful ate up to much time and it was very unfun and went against the core of the hunter manifesto.

yeah, they will often go "no that was debunked" and then, once more, no proof, no link, no source, we're just supposed to believe them.

Thanks, m8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember someone saying that monsters are having more hit zones, and that they were more varied in how much damage they take.
It used to be that you'd hit monsters where they'd spill the most blood. Unless they start spilling more rubble too, you wouldn't really know where your attacks were more effective.
I'm honestly wondering if particle effects like blood/rocks&dust are no longer tells in this game because the default setting is damage numbers. If they are still reflective of your damage, I'll eat my words. If not, then enjoy ending up like that user who didn't know not to hit diablos in the head with hammers.

I'm hoping for this too. Devs and publishers (mostly publishers, since devs seem to take the orders in that relationship) need to learn that if they want to rake it in from non-fans, they need a whole new IP. I don't even read comic books, but that's all I hear from that industry after they decided to cater to anyone but their long-standing audience.

You are not answering my question though, if I were to turn off the number, does it make the game unplayable?

They do

"Oi, lad, ye think he be a scotsman?"
"nay, he is no a true scotsman."

to quote

It used to be that you'd hit monsters where they'd spill the most blood. Unless they start spilling more rubble too, you wouldn't really know where your attacks were more effective.
I'm honestly wondering if particle effects like blood/rocks&dust are no longer tells in this game because the default setting is damage numbers. If they are still reflective of your damage, I'll eat my words. If not, then enjoy ending up like that user who didn't know not to hit diablos in the head with hammers."

The core of the design is based on it. Yes, if they show that blood is in it and that you still have weapon sticking, by all means, then at THIS moment, it's trivial. Still, it's a bad direction to go in.

I don't think you know what "no true scotman" is lad

At least I saw some weapon sticking with the hammer. That bodes well. Can't really tell if the other attacks were all that effective just by looking tho. I really hope the rocks are just a blood splash option turned off.

Your WEBM is bullshit, dude. The older Diablos footage is that of an enraged Diablos. The new footage is a normal Diablos. Monsters become faster when enraged.
Also, once again, press demos. I don't know why every time a game is in development we have to mention this. Did you even watch the TGS presentation where the flagship monster didn't one-shot the player in his early game armor? It's because shit's been modified to show off the game and not be indicative of the game difficulty.

From the footage we can see huge amounts of rubble explode off the monster's head when a bit hit lands on the head and before it hits the ground. Visual indicators of damage done still seem to be in the game.

Even when not enraged Diablos doesn't take that long to come out of the ground.

Then by that argument there's no reason to look at any of the things released about it so far at all, either positively or negatively, and thus we should all stop talking about World entirely until it actually comes out which I'd be more than happy to do

same here, it's just hard to tell if the sticking is "this is good damage" or "you hit the monster"

it was the only webm I had on hand of a direct comparison.
as said, not sure. The same rubble flies around when a weapon hits the ground or does a "big attack"

Anybody want to play 4U or XX?

There are now in game wikipedias that show you which parts the monsters drop along with in game damage charts, you unlock them the more you kill the certain monster that ties to its info. Im sure the blood mechanics from the game is of course back, but looking at the dmg charts in game is still a QoL improvement. Also be wary of the fact that when your weapon looses sharpness now and bounces off the monster, it used to still do damage but it world it now does no damage at all. You could tell because of no damage numbers.

Still doesn't give actual rates though, so Ping's Dex will still be a constant.

First I've heard, gonna need to ask for sauce on that.

Stop using fallacy of the fallacy until you actually learn their definitions. In the mean time, you can answer user's question.

Tell me anons, what is the "no true Scotsman" fallacy? If nothing else, it is shifting the goal post.

whoa whoa whoa, hol' up B
What's that?

thank goodness.

You know, I welcome this, especially if what says about it is true. I've always bought the monster books, even though they've all contained paltry info. Would be nice to not have to put down the game to look up metagame info somewhere else, especially if you have to earn it. This is completionist bait, if even I've seen it.

who cares, I bet you can sharpen while sprinting, too.

the rubble still looks incredibly bad, just want to say that.
I hate when I'm fighting a giant lizard but it tricks me and it's made of rocks instead

Yeah, gonna need source on that, stat.

okay, red flag; anyone who has ever used that statement tends to not understand an improvement from a casualization.

Some weapons now have attacks that are performed during a dodge or going into a dodge. Some even resemble the Styles of X. I mean, look at this SnS player here and the DB how they are fucking flying all over the place.

Plenty of them understand it, but are intentionally obfuscating the two.
You can tell there's been an influx of Capcucks and shills ever since this new faggot started making threads.

That's a fair bit more reasonable, as most of those extra advanced quests, especially the marathon quests you get at the end of the village are actually high rank monsters. Still, nothing in the low rank village suffers from bloat and like I said before attacking hunter arts all have really bad motion values, you should tell me which you were using. Either way it seems it's a case of you maybe being just a bit below average, but you definitely aren't a supreme shitter for sure if you kept at it and won.

I wouldn't mind playing some double crossed, I'll wait for you to post a room but I might post one myself in a bit.

World in general has been a huge thing for them to shill, they're going full Donte on it. I'm honestly surprised the journos haven't tried to dismiss the huge negative reaction to World as "those darn Gamergaters being sexist again against the new Guild girl for being beautiful like a real woman and not just some anime sex symbol like in 4"

Unless you're paying attention to the reply chain, I was referring to this webm

Looks like it was this quest. HP levels are fine, but as you can see they're definitely high rank. For reference, Zinogre had 5300 base hp in gen 4, so adjusted for a marathon hunt about 3000 hp is fine.
Incidentally I don't particularly want to defend X series, but it's important to be accurate about how you shit on a game.

I was using the chameleos switch axe because I figured the poison would help for when I'm dodging or whatever and still doing damage, but the outward damage output of the weapon was not nearly as potent as it needed to be, even at max, and every mission after that I went to my maxed out Hellblade GS.

I was running Akantor armor, so I could take a hit and had no hearing issues, I just was having difficulty doing enough damage in the timeframe and cut it super close. I amusingly never carted on either of the 5 monster hunts, though fuck that Gold Rathian and silver los mission. Somehow Goldy there was just this eternal pain in my ass, I felt like a super shitter at that moment, like when you fight a pink rathian and expect her to be like a regular ian with a pink dye job but then you suffer rape because you weren't on your toes.

I'm kinda surprised myself. Figured that would be a thing to go.

inb4 capcuck USA removes character customization options with the argument of "you wear full body armor all the time anyway"

Probably because there is no negative reactions?

Yeah, judging from this thread, they're just going for the simpler "pretending everyone likes it" approach. It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of excuses come out to explain why World bombed so terribly.

You know, one would think that styles would be good with

Considering the Western journalism industry, I wouldn't doubt them trying to demonize the poster girl as more evidence of the patriarchy while holding up ugly-moe as a golden standard of gurl power.

Doodle thing? No, no nicknames, she just calls you "Hunter-san" like normal.

Lucky you, there is one example of no true scottsman fallacy in this thread. Pay attention to

That is no true scotsman fallacy in its purest form, did you get it now?

I, for one, never understood the pink rathian meme, but that might be because I didn't start from gen 3 (where apparently it's the first subspecies you're liable to be exposed to). Tip for gold&silver: lol wing hitzones rath rare species are gay as hell monsters though
I'm still not content to say that you have 0 shitter in you if you were using the maxed glavenus GS and akantor armor and still struggled, but it's not exactly a babby quest either. 15k hp in high rank is about the amount you see in triple hyper monster quests which, if I remember correctly, would take me over 30 minutes in OK gear, but unless I recreate the exact conditions you had it's not really fair for me to call you a shitter. I will still argue that you're just whining complaining about 'bloat' for these particular quests though.
So if you were using GS that means you were using the Brimstone Slash hunter's art? That only has a motion value of 190 without the counter boost. It also takes nearly twice the amount of time to charge and activate compared to a regular overhead charge unless it connects perfectly with a countered hit. A level 3 overhead charge has a motion value of 100, and a strong charge has a motion value of 130, plus the follow up of side slash of 80. In other words a standard charge combo deals ~310 worth of motion value in less time than a single brimstone slash. Even under perfect counter conditions and boosted by lion's maw with a crit draw set, you're still only barely doing more damage than just using your regular moves. Ground slash has a motion value of 138 by the way (50+22+22+22+22), so it's also 'underwhelming' at best.

At least it's better than the generations village guildie calling you gender neutral 'Hunter-Person' instead of just goddamn 'Hunter' like she actually says.

MHXX: 64-9828-9909-0260
*Disclaimer: I'm not half as good at the game as I sound

There absolutely has been though, all the threads here have been overwhelmingly negative about World since it's announcement. It's why they've gotten desperate enough to start sending shills in to hijack the OP.

No. No it isn't. Stop trying to justify it you're only making yourself look like more of a fuckwit

Getting on XX now, I noticed that blue is playing too at the moment. I wouldnt mind any help from him too, cause i still never finished my G2 urgent the shao long.

Hub id 68-9042-0423-2625
Pass 0000

WAIT SHIT NEVERMIND SHUTTING DOWN MY HUB NOW

Man, Westernizations are getting more and more pozzed aren't they? And yet people still defend them for some bizarre reason.

I'm having a giggle at your childish view.

h-haha yeah, call blue too

Jesus christ, I really need to learn Moon. Localization is cancer.

I really don't see how people who spend even a tenth of their lives playing video games do without it to be honest.

If there's still room I'll join, though I won't be around long considering it's 1 AM and I have work in the morning.

I hate the handler. Cats should cook not this dude. Where is Guild Sweatheart? He's gonna be in all the monster intro scenes and the ' deep story' scenes.

Because for it to be a no true scotsman then he'd have to be claiming at first that NOBODY likes/dislikes World (which no one is doing) and then when shown counter-examples, include specific exceptions in the initial assertion. He said there is a huge negative reaction and then stated that plenty of people claiming to like it are pretending. The existence of positive reaction does not invalidate the statement of negative reaction, stating "there is no negative reaction" is not no true scotsman but straight up a rejection of the premise, and "they're just pretending to like it" is not no true scotsman since the claim is not predicated on either of the other 2 statements but is a new statement outright claiming that support has been fabricated.

If it were no true scotsman they'd be claiming that "no true MH fan likes MHW". They're not doing that, they're acknowledging people who like it, but either claiming they're shills or retarded.

I suppose I could just import it all, and play with Google translator at the ready.
you know, I don't have the discipline to wade through the stuff on the nipponese learning threads, but this brute force method just might be what it takes. I've even read posts by latin americans saying they learned english because they spent so much time playing vidya
All I need is the dosh to import a console and some games.

So he literally claim no" true MH fan" likes MHW because by your assessment, he think peoples that do like it are either shill or retarded. Why are you destroying your own argument?

People that like MHW are either shills or retarded. That however, isn't mutually exclusive with being an MH fan.
You fucking autist

Or just young and optimistic and have yet to see this same thing happen with any of a number of other franchises they love.

Plunging in head first is a great way to make progress and keep yourself motivated, though you should probably at least pick up the kanas and some very basic kanji first and then go from there. Also would give you more chances to encounter things you could ask others for help on too, and give some direction to your learning.

can you guys help me get MHFU to work online?

i tried yesterday but both me and my buddy were getting connection errors, we used Hamachi, and we followed the tutorials down to a T but no luck.

Never played any MH but World looks something I could enjoy.
What do I need to know?

no true scotsman doesn't dismiss you from the group, just differentiate you as "not true fan".

Good hunts, if I'm around when you all are hunting again I'll join in again.

Use PPSSPP to run Portable 2G or 3rd and play those first, or if you have a CFW'd 3DS download either 3G or 4G.

Nice to see you again, was fun.

You can try using something like this: kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html
Though I'm hardly an expert on what the best methods are

kill me

Which would dismiss you from the group
Look its done. People have given you the information, at some point you will have to accept it

I can't really think of how somebody could yet to experience that yet. It's so commonplace that I can barely name a franchise still running that hasn't fallen to it

In previous threads he (c9bf0d) has claimed things like that. From the last thread, for example,
Read the second reply and his response, too. Anyone who likes it is a shill or a normalfag, only the people who are shitting on it meet his standards for being a "Monster Hunter fan".
But, this is the same autist who claims that the 3DS's 400x240 screen is somehow graphically superior to World, that PCs are exclusively for emulating Famicom games and porn and has no other games, that putting World's release date in the OP is being a shill, that everyone who disagrees with him is a shill, that another board's owner using Tor (when the site's administration advised them to use Tor or a VPN) means they're both a shill and a samefag.

If you have a 3DS, either 3U or 4U, both are great for newer players. 3U is on Wii U too. Most people hated 3U's underwater combat though, and it was much worse on 3DS; I still liked it though. If you don't have either of those, emulate P3rd or Freedom Unite. P3rd will likely need an English patch, if you can't read moon stick to one of the other ones.

Thanks anons, will emulate Freedom Unite for a little bit and see how the older ones played like.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend the "PC is for Famicom emulation" faggot, but the fact is that liking MHW does mean you're retarded, and while putting the release date in the OP isn't necessarily shilling the last 2 /mhg/ threads have been pretty shilly since the new OP started making them.

Sorry, something's come up, maybe see you some other time

Its alright bro, I somehow managed to kill that mizutsune so thats good.

Heyo! Newfriend! You're in luck because capcom and its devs have made World for people JUST LIKE YOU!*

Unless I'm mistaken, F-Zero is a franchise that died a hero before it could live long enough to be a villain.
Also, keep in mind that in the current year, niggas born in 1999 are of age. Until people stop having babies, there will always be droves of people too young and optimistic to not be skeptical of what's given to them.
I feel like I'm losing touch with vidya. Every now and then, I check steam for new releases, and it's all uninspiring, cash-cow-milking garbage. It's like no one is publishing a labor of love. Crash when?

*If you own a Play Station 4, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

She's ugly and has the voice of a grater. I heard we can turn off the english VA and have gibberish instead, is this true?

When I was looking through videos to determine how potions worked in MH World, her head keeps popping up in the bottom right with her voice, spouting tips and commentating on everything you do.

"THE MONSTER'S TRAPPED IN THE VINES! HIT IT WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT"

Thank you, Handler, I couldn't see that at all. I'm fucking blind and playing an action game.

"YOU CAN USE JUMP ATTACKS TO MOUNT MONSTERS"

"YEAH YOU'VE MOUNTED THE MONSTER! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO TOPPLE IT!"

"OK ITS DOWN! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO GET IN THERE AND TEAR IT UP"

"THE MONSTER'S BEEN IMMOBILIZED! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE"

All that is from a demo though so they may have turned on tips like how the option was there in MH4U's demo. It's still listening to a steady stream of diarrhea from someone whose face belongs to a domestic abuse victim.

Im here all day fam. Ready to hunt anytime!

Stop being so sexist user!

So this is how Monster Hunter dies.

BEGONE FOUL BEAST

BACK TO THE DEVILJHO PIT FROM WHENCE YOU CAME

Is that the guild girl from World?

Yes
youtu.be/eCHzFaXizYA?t=780

What's funny is: some of the other female NPCs (like the one that starts talking to you after you create a character) definitely look much better, while she looks drugged up and horrible.

I read in a previous thread that 2ch are calling her "Ugly Moe". I don't know how true that is.

Are they blaming the white pigu for getting tired face into the game? I would.

Man, was right about World being a study into how American games look to Japan

Is there a prepatched cia for mhxx? It won't start with boot ntr and i tried with the qr code in the thread. I know it's shit but i just want to finish it.

Downlad MHXX through freeshop or whatever then get the MHXX 1.2.0 update/eng patch from this link.
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

You have to make an account though first. Idk if there is any special trick to making it work because i can just open MHXX and the patch is already there. It just works.

only poors will have an issue dropping such a small amount of money so spaced out, pc release gonna be delayed until 2019

MHG, as you know, introduces hunting styles:

As well as Hunting Arts. Hunting Arts are special attacks or techniques. While you fight, their gauges build up. And when their gauges are full, you can use that specific technique. There are some you can use with any weapon (such as Absolute Evasion which sheaths your weapon and gives you a huge evasive maneuver in whichever direction), but most are weapon specific. For example, Longsword has an Art called Sakura Slash which does a series of slashes and levels up your gauge, while Charge Blade has an Art called Overlimit which allows you to have more than the usual amount of phials. Each weapon has a few arts specific to them.

The styles and the arts are pretty fun, for sure. And you get to go to a new village (Bherna) as well as old villages from previous games like Pokke and Yukumo (coziest village). You get to visit areas tied to those villages, like they very pretty Misty Peaks. You also get a bunch of monsters from older games, like Nargacuga, Lagiacrus, Blangonga (think a tamer/easier ice-focused Rajang) and Shogun Ceanataur. The four flagship monsters, Glavenus, Mizutsune, Gammoth and Astalos are pretty cool as well.

Aside from those additions, they made a few slight changes to a few weapons. Weapons also change between styles. For example, Longsword in Guild allows you to do a full Spirit Slash combo to level up your gauge. Longsword in Adept does not, the way to level up your gauge is tied to dodging a monster's attack and then running in and doing an Adept-only special attack. The amount of hunting arts you can equip differ between styles as well. For Guild Style, you can equip two Arts. For Adept Style, one Art. For Striker, three. For Aerial, one.

But Generations lacks something that 4U has; which is G Rank. The game ends at high rank. Monster Hunter XX is the Ultimate version of Generations, but it's still in Japanese. XX adds G Rank and a few new monsters to the mix. It also changes some weapon stats (I think) and adds a few more hunting arts (Charge Blade gets a pretty neat one where you use the shield like a circular saw).

It also adds two new hunting styles. One is called Brave style which focuses on entering a stance called "Brave" stance to parry/dodge certain attacks and use certain moves. If you build up your Brave gauge your weapon gets powered up and you can do some pretty nasty things. Overall, despite the slow buildup of the Brave gauge, once it's filled, it's OP as hell. I assume it's good for speed runs, not so much breaking parts or farming.

The other style is called Alchemy which I know pretty much nothing about. It allows you to create special items on the fly, I think.

There is a UI patch which translates most things but are still things seemingly left untranslated (a few items and quest text). It's autistic of me but it puts a damper on my motivation to continue playing it. I feel like going back and restarting 4U, but at the same time I want to forge ahead and see some of the cooler new monsters like Valfalk (who looks like he belongs in an MH Frontier game). So currently I'm stuck in the limbo of indecision and haven't picked up my 3DS for a while.

At the very, very least, some of the other female NPCs don't suffer from it and you can make a pretty attractive hunter. Though I feel it'll suffer from the same things Dragon's Dogma's custom characters had. It'll look amazing in character creation with a still expression, but different expressions and emotions during cutscenes will look pretty bad, or at least odd.

I remember making a character, then restarting after viewing the opening cutscenes so I could fix the face. Tweaking it and getting it absolutely perfect. And then staring at the screen in disbelief when it was time to make a main pawn. In the end I just made a perfect copy of my main character (down to the class) so I had a pair of twins for a starting adventuring party.

I've liked a lot of the animations seen so far but this one just looks janky/out of place as fuck to me

photorealism in games needs to stop.

Never thought about playing DD as a set of twins.
Is there a japanese version of DDDA I can download on PC? I need to learn moon somehow.

Man, western-targeted and western-designed games really want to push autistic crack whores as the new beauty standard, don't they?

Nevermind, the attacks just do minimal damage. It was hard to see because the numbers were white. You can see it at 4:20 btw, hes doing about half the damage he should have been doing.

Allegedly you can make the characters change expression during creation to see if it comes off right. I haven't sat through the 15 minutes this video goes through.

You can, and they look somewhat awkward, but not too bad. It's when the ingame lighting takes it, alongside whatever angle the camera is at, then you'll see how odd it really looks.

Pretty much, it's really sad how little is left at this point, and how fewer and fewer new things are being made.

Pretty much. It's not like I expected the series to live forever, but it's always painful to watch something you love crumble.

Fair enough, so it's just the normal damage reduction you'd expect for lower sharpness.

I think it's just the consequence of the insane obsession with realism - we call them 3DPD for a reason, after all.

das it mane

Nice one user, can I say that peoples that dislike it are nintendrone now?

I stopped playing these after Tri Ultimate: Did they ever fix the whole "Skills are tied to armors" thing, or add an aesthetic slot? Or is the game goal to still grind to get armors that have better skills but look aesthetically fugly as hell because to minmax means you're wearing a different kind of armor for each slot where you look like you clicked "randomize" on an MMORPG character creator.

I was always hoping they'd do a FF9 take with skills on your equipment where after crafting it you use it X# times then permanently can assign skills or some shit like that so you can use the armors you like while having a reason to grind towards things you don't even use.

From someone who went through solo 3 games doing no cart using the alloy set/Starting plate armor set.

MHXX has transmogging where you can do that.

Good to know, thanks for the prompt response.
Sadly I won't be playing it on consoles whatever happens, so hopefully there's a PC release.
Have some more MH meme images.

First of all, thanks for the big reply user.
Since I'm still somewhat a beginner, I think I'm just going to continue with 4u until either I get to g-rank, XX comes out, or I just get bored.

jesus christ this shit never ends does it

The point was that World's graphics are objectively inferior because you can't distinguish what's interactive and what isn't without glowy green cap highlighting everything.
It gets the occasional doujin game like Doukutsu Monogatari, but that's about it.

Less that, more the cutting out anything related to piracy and words from the devs themselves that cast World in a negative light.

Nah, just everyone who keeps falling back on the same tired language and points like a mantra while making it obvious they don't actually like the real MonHun games.

You're conflating multiple people together now.

Only thing that's going to get PC releases is the MMO shit and the stuff aimed at Westerners, so don't get your hopes up for anything resembling a real MonHun to show up there.

XX came out in March.

Sorry I meant if it is released in the west. I probably would be able to play an untranslated version, but it seems like a bit of a pain. Also the people I play with also wouldn't like the idea of having to do that.
It's a good thing 4u is so good.

I really hope you're not talking about that decade old one that was Japan only.

We'd get a watered down "ENGLISH VERSION" hosted by Nexon or Aeria Games that dies within a few years starting at the beginning that only survives until the 3rd big update, if that. Mostly because it'll be infiltrated by all the banned trash from the main server because "ENGLISH VERSION" means every other country comes here and uses hacks that they don't patch out until the server dies.

English translations are such garbage you can literally make up your own and it'll more accurate. That said, the OP is SUPPOSED to have a link to the English patch for XX, so hopefully the real OP manages to make a thread instead of the shills next time.

That's the one, because that's about all you can expect for the PC out of anyone that's not a small doujin studio.

I have been playing xx on my switch, I'm enjoying it more then I thought I would considering I don't speak a word of jap. Anyone else feel brave hbg is to good?

Hopefully it comes out in the west too so more people start playing it. You'll get more shitters but you'll get more decent players too.

G Rank in most MH games is when shit gets real. Most of the time in LR and HR you're just coasting on by with simple armor sets you made from the monsters there. But in G Rank it's time to buckle down and get some really good sets with some really good skills in there.

I picked up my 3DS last night and started trying to power through Village High Rank in MHXX. I want a good armor set before I go online and start doing low rank and high rank key quests.

Okay now you played 4U, now imagine that game with everything good taken out.
Styles/arts basically kill the game as they're completely and utterly overpowered to the point of absurdity. Capcom's "balance" to this was to bloat HP for event monsters to HR monsters having G-rank hp and then some. It doesn't make them any harder. The only good idea in X/XX/Gen is that they had variant monsters that had special moves and fought differently than the normal ones/recolors. All of these problems just get worse in XX.

Basically if anyone says they like gen/x/XX they're either lying or it was their first monster hunter

Considering what happens to games when built with the West in mind, I hope no games get released there ever again.

BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT

i guess everyones too busy poopyposting about world to help a nigga out?

Worse is that the mods are enabling them by merely locking their threads even when they post them six hours before appropriate, then unlocking them and letting those be used and deleting threads that follow the rules.

Sorry man, I don't know anything about Frontier.

Freedom Unite, stupid. user probably trying to play online using PPSSPP

Oh right, foreign names. Just used to thinking of any variation of "MHF" as referring to Frontier, my bad.

you can join me back Blue
had a corrupted backup i had to fix, but now i'm back online, trying to farm felyne companions
polite sage

Yian Garuga is an annoying cunt of a monster.

Holy fuck this thread sunk like a rock.

Is anyone up for some MHXX or 4U? Im bored and lonely rn.

Why did you bump it, I wanted the shill to fuck up and post a new one before this one bumplocked

The fucking mods would just reward the shill for breaking the rules again and delete this thread

Oh fuck dude you should have told me.
Play MHXX with me or i will bump this thread again.

Okay bad goys. One of you better fucking play with me, im bored.

Game is XX Hub Id is
48-5288-7964-3239

I tried to join but there's been an update since I played last and I can't download it on my burger 3ds.

Don't you have cfw? If you do just download this on FBI and you're golden! You have to make an account first if you dont have one though.
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?280365-MHXX-v1-2-0-Update-English-Patch-v4

Which kinds of hunts? I've just kind of entered high rank.

Oh and also Ill just make a hub next thread. Since this one is already as good as dead apparently.

G-rank, Ill help you rank up if you want.

I think I'll have to wait til next thread since I'm being called away at the moment.

I forgot to mention that I only got into high rank village. I'm still low rank in guild. I gotta do their keys.

MH4U relic charts don't seem to work, both of them

This one's still a while off from it's bump limit.

You mean these?

Reminder that this is the target audience for World: archive.is/zQkcQ

I thought it was these players like these?

If MHWorld is casualized, it'll have transmogs, right? I want that winter coat and admiral hat for EVERYTHING

it's already been confirmed as having a cosmetic armor slots

KEK. MH is not a game made for pussies, its a game for MEN. Idk about mhw though.

One of those guys was here before, he didnt even give me a (you) after I was being a bit critical of his skills, a funny gif and telling him that dodging was common sense. If he was the same guy i think he should stay on reddit.

I think if he even did an iota of research into the series itself he'd find out that most of the time hunters take care of monsters that cause problems; either moving in near settlements, attacking villages, disrupting the ecosystem etc

But

Welp that's 300 hours minimum playtime if the PC version doesn't get canned.

It's also in XX if you get to G-rank.

Hated generations so that's not even something I'll play

Western normalfags can't roleplay. So they're unable to get into a game unless they are able to recreate themselves in the game. Something to do with millennial narcissism.

If you hated X, you'll hate World a thousand times more.

I started MHXX way too late.

we're in the same boat.

It's either that or get a room full of people with no ability gem in. In a fucking g4 room.

This game is going to be epic for teh win!

I guess it's just me then.

This is partially why I haven't been playing online much as well. I didn't start MHXX when it came out/had the UI translated so I started way too late.

It's even worse for people who just got into 4U I bet.

Honestly the way I see it, I'll be able to create and even sexier or cuter hunter than I used to be able to

Luckily I just made it to G4! 3 more key quests until metal gear! In not even wearing any decorations either When i get back from school today, Im willing to help you anons rank up for a bit!

user, you're a real human bean and a real hero.

If you all are around in an hour or so I can help.

I can only find time to play on evenings. I can quickly duck in here and make a post during the day but I can't really pull my 3DS out during work hours

Do we have a P3rd community in here, by the way?

Pretty much the same issue here, can only play now that I'm back home from work, the only time I can play during daytime hours are on my days off.

Don't know about a community, but I got a copy of the HD version for the PS3 pretty cheap recently, and have been thinking of starting a new run on it.

Well shit, I have to be in school in about 40 mins and im still sitting here in my underwear. See you guys in about 4 hours.

I should be free in two hour if that's ok. It's mostly for hyper mosters, since beating them solo eats too much time.
I wish there was a mod for the game to remove arts and reset monster hp to normal amount. Also move the camera away and change the size of the UI elements. Way did they make them much bigger than 4u?

I'm going to recreate my cat and go on adventures in the woods with her like we did nearly thirty years ago. Will always remember you Catfish.

4U is way nicer when it comes to UI. Even the 2nd screen's panels has a neater design.

And it's about 9:30am for me, so I won't be home until about 6pm.

I'll be ready soonish, just doing a bit of clean up, if you post a room I'll join soon.

I'm free now, but i might have to go out for a quick commission later, no longer than 20 minutes though.

MHXX room
14-9293-5058-4747
pass 8080

or if you don't want to type it just search for a fishing room named 888 (no one makes fishing rooms)

No problem, I've got maybe an hour and a half or so before I'll likely crash

I wish they had Canynes. I'd remake my dog from when I was like 11. Benji was the best pup.

I guess i've beat you at crashing. I should be more stable now, but i don't trust my connection.
Same settings as>>13492748
28-4842-6737-5219

No problem. Go ahead and post whatever quests you like, by the way, I'm up for anything really

Thanks again for the hunts, be happy to do so again when I'm awake and not stuck at work

No problem! If anyone wants to hunt, i'll leave the room open for another hour.

Anyone wants to XX or 4U? Im availiable for the rest of the day,

I never fought a single deviant monster in XX so thats something I want to do, Ill help anybody at a low rank rank up too if anyone wants to.

Make a room and i'll join, if you're ok with someone at g4. I only fought the easy deviants solo (tetsu, rathian, narga). It's kinda of annoying fighting them so much just for upgrading weapons and armor.

Its MHXX. Im g4 too so its okay.
10-9779-8069-7634
pass 0000

Imma get myself a snack while i wait for you goys or a single user to join

Kill me

Lost connection, probably my fault. It's solo for me at this point, i don't want to keep fucking up quests for others. For the gx armor, i think you unlock them by beating the relative monster under hyper (or so i remember for unlocking gx ceneataur).

Source?

I play late at night usually, 9:30 pm EST minimum. I have a few days off of work so I'll be on earlier. Trying to get some high rank shit done right now but retards keep joining my rooms

i think it'll probably be fun too. I hope the monsters are even more aggressive to compensate for losing the potion-use animation though. I know they're trying to make it more accessible for normalfags but it still looks pretty fun. I do hope that Monster Hunter 5 will be a return to form though. I really didn't much care for X/Generations.

I for one have been begging for any fucking game that isn't on a cramped screen where I having to twist my thumbs up to play.
I remember the claw when playing on the PSP and then the fucked up hand contortion on the 3DS.

Wii U version was a fucking graphically scaled up 3DS version.

You faggots talk and talk about the casualization of the game but compared to Mon Hon 1-2 to Tri, you're the casual faggots to me.

So you're okay with something even more casual than post FU just because it's on a bigger screen and you don't have to deal with controls that haven't been an issue since they added the digital d-pad on the 3DS and target cam so you very rarely have to do the claw? If anything the only casual here is you.

I'm just happy I can actually grind and get armor then I can make out, emulated PS2 looks better then the shit its on.
I also see conflicting information all the time, which I'm sure is people truly concerned about the series, and not worried as hell that the Switch is even less desirable now as one of its main series jump ship.

I've always wanted Monster Hunter on the PC, but this isn't the Monster Hunter I fell in love with, take your conspiracy theories about console exclusives and fanboys somewhere else.

I've played since 1 when most played since tri, some casual elements aren't good sure, but then XX was casual as well, but it recieves less hate or even defending because it was on the right console.

Others see right through this shit, which is why people were already prepping for you faggots to start bitching.

Nah, most people dislike Gen/X, the reason you don't see as many people complaining about XX is because it's not available in the west so most people haven't played it.

X was dogshit and XX didn't fix anything. And Monster Hunter World™ is shaping up to be an even bigger pile of shit with a shiny coat of paint. Remember to like, subscribe and pre-order :^)

I highly doubt you've really played from gen 1. I've not met a single person who stuck with the series from the beggining and continues to play only because they want to grind for higher res armors.
Aside from frontier autists who all fuck off to 2ch of course.

Incidentally is 'I'm from gen1' the new 'shaping up'? Whether you meant to or not you've hit all the other boxes of redirecting blame and trying to start console shitting.

Yes I have to be lying about playing the first one, and there's no way I could of emulated dos with a translation patch.
THAT'S IMPROSSOBU

Tri was a massive casualization where gathering got streamlined massively, swimming gimick was added, and had nearly half as many monster as Dos.

Absolutely no way you are the original wave of casuals, and no way is it because of your ignorance and idiocy why the term Tribaby formed.

Don't forget about the Streamlined™ weapon selection. What where they thinking?

What conflicting information? The hell does the Switch have to do with anything?

Has nothing to do with the platform - if anything, World getting a PC port for the foreigners is probably the number one reason people other than shills and shitposters have been so Stockholmed into liking it. XX gets less hate because it was a side game by a B-team, and not replacing the real games like World is, and because in spite of that, XX still looks to be more similar to Monster Hunter than World does.

Considering how many people have been claiming it while defending World since shilling started in earnest, I wouldn't doubt it.

Read you dumb nintendrone

You wouldn't last a season in Dos

Read what? All I'm seeing is you complaining about the size of the screen, and assuming that everyone started with Tri not that you'll believe me anyway, but I've never even played Tri, I started with Portable 2G and have logged hours in every PSP and 3DS title in the franchise.

Then its even worse you retarded faggot

Again, what are you even talking about? The fact is, World looks objectively worse in every way than previous titles.

So in Summary which I was trying to explain to this dumb nigger above.
In Dos, you had

And what you fail to get is Dos was Japan only, it was the hardest one and was for nips alone.
It wasn't until AFTER they brought back game on Tri that they had another console release where they removed the difficult seasons, got rid of the gathering and gave you cat gatherers, free roam and cat fighter.

Every iteration has done this afterwards.
So my point is you're the casual faggots of 2007 who shit up the series in my eyes.
So to hear you faggots bitch about casualization of World is funny to me, you are now dealing what I had to deal with.

Just like COD kiddies discussing the casualization of COD when they're ignorant of how people in the old fps looked at them.

I've accepted the series will only go down hill, that's how things work. I'm just happy I will for once be able to look at monster in hi res, and be able to play with a controller of my choice or on the keyboard without fucking up my hands.

Interesting mechanics, I'd assumed Dos wouldn't have had anything Portable 2G didn't. I'll have to pick up a copy and give it a try myself.

I'm failing to see why that's a bad thing, considering how trying to appeal to the foreigners is making World turn out.

So, you're looking forward to a game that dumbs the series down even further, not because you're actually looking forward to playing it, but because it will make other people miserable?

no see the series that he liked dying will totally own those fucking casuals who have no real attachment to the series. Don't ask how this works

See I think you're bullshitting about how much you care for the series, since "at least I can look at nice pictures" is not the sane way for a person with your stated opinion to think.

Tell me what series that has been around for 10+ years doesn't eventually casualize or change in a negative way.

Split it up between east and west

That's not what he's contesting though, he's saying that people who are fans of those series don't just go "At least the newest installment is pretty even if it shits on everything I like about the series"

Also:

Dragon Quest

I'm not arguing that dipshit, I'm saying that when they made DmC I didn't go out and still enjoy it just because it had new visuals

Well if you ignore the Untolds mainline Etrian Odyssey.

anyone had a link/QR code for the MH stories NA version?
For some reason only the JP and EU version is the only version on the e-shop. The NA version is nowhere to be found… why is that?

look at that 30fps

New as in different to DMC4, not new as in shiny and good.

I can't believe it's already been a decade since that series started.
I wonder what they're gonna do with the series after the 3DS is dead and there is no dual screen system on the market.

I would be fine if they stopped after the next one. End on a good note tbh.

They should stop making Monster Hunter after Monster Hunter G tbh

He is talking about Etrian Odysee not monster hunter.

oh, yeah, if you ignore the untolds each game got better or was at least a sidegrade.
5 is fun

Can't wait for it tbh.

what was so bad about the untolds I thought they just remade the games with the most recent engines?

The first untold is ok with issues like floor jump but 2 Untold is filled with day 1 DLC. Plus the enemies have HP bloat due to the OP story mode class.

untold 1 is better than vanilla 1 (because vanilla 1 was a buggy mess).
Untold 2 ruined a good game with horrible DLC practices (removing massive chunks of floors to be inserted later as DLC, etc.), HP bloat out the ass, and adding a SUPER MODE for every class.

If you can freely "acquire" the DLC does that make the game good or is it still just a mess?

still a mess

Is funny you should mention Dragon Quest, since they intentionally stay away from the West and avoid even selling the games here, much less making games with the West in mind.

Because Stories was godawful and no one bought it after playing the JP version and knowing how awful it was.

It's been up on the FreeShop for a year, go for it.

Which should tell you all you need to know about what effect aiming at the West has on games.

Man, I could complain all day about Stories. That R/P/S battle system never did any RPG any favours.

New thread