Inca

Hi Holla Forums,

Can you suggest to me any videogames that have an Incan setting in them? E.g., Illusion of Gaia (pic related).

Thanks.

(OP)
Isn't that an Olmec head though?

Off the top of my head, Civ 3 and 4 had the Incas as a playable civilization.

just gonna chill here waiting for the /his/fag to talk about Incan culture.
he's pretty cool.

They're called Incans in game and that head doesn't really look downsy enough to be an Olmec.

As far as I know the Incas never made such heads, they're typically Mesoamerican.

God damn I dropped that game harder than my foot on a curve. Wasted potential with a shitty translation job.

All I can think of is Astroyboy: Omega Factor with the Mu Civilization and Sonic Adventure

they left

where to?

Ditto.
Wait, how the fuck hasn't that juice fallen down?

Anyways, I want more quipus in my videogames.

to search for the truth

How would they work, though?
The Inca just used them for recording inventory and other information.

Rez Infinite anybody? Dunno if it's anything's Inca but there's certainly a lot of historical artistry.

Arcade game.
The knots help you trascend in higher layers of consciousness.
Slowly, you become a wind spirit, the Platonic forms show themselves in the–

I think I'm describing Polybius.

We need an Inca themed souls-like
Fighting the Ayar brothers…and stuff

Those games only work in a specific context and are currently over rsaturated with attention. If you want a game that shows off Inca society/art/culture you're better off with a different sub-genre.

Хуинка блядь.
Гыгыгы

Do you mean Incan specifically or the sort of pop culture synthesis of Mesoamerican and Andean culture? Because there is going to be more of the latter.

If other natives are acceptable, Expeditions: Conquistador features the Aztecs.

Why do you say that?

Speaking of Incas and Aztecs, what games prominently feature Ancient Aliens mythos? That shit's interesting as hell.

D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Don't know if its Incan, Mayan, Aztec or whatever.

Is that gaym any good?

Destroy all humans, not kidding.

Was just boring. Wasn't into the puzzles and the gameplay was nothing special for your typical action rpg on the console.

Legend of the Crystal Skull is an ancient point and click with actual live actors and Gary Oldman. It's Mayan, though.

This was on the SNES?

I remember having it on PC ages ago as a kid, and only later learned it was a Genesis port (?) a decade later

It probably helped contribute to my furry snuff fetish

It's just that you're the first person I've ever heard say anything but good things about the game or even the Soul Blazer series in general.

A lot of the action RPG's for the SNES are pretty trash or aged horribly when you actually look at them. There's some solid ideas in a lot of them but overall the terribly translation quality and usually lackluster gameplay isn't very enjoyable.

I always thought Gaia had one of the better translations from the time period. It's at least as good as Chrono Trigger, I would say better. And the game play isn't really any different than a 2D Zelda game.

It does some interesting things. The random events and the camp system are neat, and the party members are fleshed out characters. But the main part of the game plays like a regressed Heroes of Might and Magic with one hero and no town management, and the combat is slow, derivative, and very boring.

The issue is that it's still an action RPG unlike Zelda. And the dungeons are just a slog to go through. Dialog has a more important role than Zelda in any case and it's actually worse if I recall. To many pointless scenes with characters that have no personality. I can't speak for Chrono Trigger but I can't remember a single word of dialog from Gaia game so I think that explains why It's pretty poorly done. Nothing stood out in any of it.

Isn't that an Olmec head?

Unreal has some of that flavor, though I'm generalizing 'Incan' as 'vaguely south-american'

There's also a temple that gives you a six-barreled rocket launcher (here's a great tip - hold alt-fire while charging the rockets to release them clustered together instead of spread out. I didn't know this and thought the rocket-spread made the thing damn-near useless at first)

It's authenticity is still being disputed though.

muh nigga

Well there is the gallery of faces at Tiwanaku too. It's pre Inca and they aren't giant but that's still sort of in the ballpark.

The Incas carved faces into all sorts of things such as masks, small ornaments, ceremonial weapons and murals like the one in your pic, though they weren't as realistic as the Olmec heads in terms of proportions and perspective (Though I doubt there was any intention in doing so either). But giant stone heads, as I said before, were a Mesoamerican specialty.

You are correct but you have to take into account that the world of Illusion is a warped version of our world in time and culture so it might be an intentionally conflation of mesoamerican and andean culture. Note from the map that a European style medieval civilization is on the same contiment as the Inca ruins but the Nazca plains are on a completely different continent (basically Africa).

Fair enough, that seems pretty solid. I didn't put much thought into it since it's fairly common in media to mix up Mesoamerican and Andean culture. It's not like people who haven't studied the subject beforehand can tell the difference.