Saints Row 2 thread

Boy that made me mad, yet not mad enough to stop loving the shit out of this game. It does everything that a proper follow up to classic GTA should do, except driving, which is bellow average. Let's discuss how great this one was and how shit letter games are The third was okay-is, but IV is pure trash
P.S. Don't pirate gog version, it "fixes" port by locking fps, pirate steam version instead

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/BnHXS
tsumino.com/Book/Info/19935/hashire-onnanoko-
archive.fo/B6XSl
techraptor.net/content/agents-mayhem-developer-volition-lays-off-30-people
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, I tried running the PC port on my crappy laptop and it runs too fucking fast. How do I fix? Also what exactly does GotR add to the game besides the DLC we never got? and is it the actual DLC or just shitty recreations of it?
I honestly thought IV was better than 3 and GooH. Though 2 is still the best for sure.

Google Saints Row Powertools, also there some cheat engine fix for this.
GotR doesn't add anything from dlc at all. It adds some customization options, adds pop-culture references and memes that you can places on clothes and that's it. It's really overrated and it fucks with main structure of a game, I honestly prefer vanilla, that only good thing about GotR, it unlocks some weapons that are in game files, but their are not used, and you can but every weapon from the beginning.
SR4 isn't that great gameplay wise, but what kills it is Borderland 2 tier writing

*you can buy

Huh, thought I had heard it had DLC shit. Oh well. Guess I just wanted more shit to do in 2. Any mods that do that much? I just liked the gameplay and while the writing is pretty bad, I slightly prefer it over 3's writing. GooH only had the flying and that was really.

*That was it really

SR2 sadly doesn't have that great of a modding scene. DLC didn't add that much too - some cool clothes and sniper missions with bullet curving, that's it.

That sucks. Oh well I guess. Thanks for the help regardless.

ok correction. It does add some suits from dlc, like SWAT uniform, which is basically what was in original game, just wasn't used as customization option, used only for npcs.

SR3>SR4>SR2

Gentlemen of the Row fixes the god awful fucking SR2 port to the PC. I couldn't play the vanilla version since about 5 minutes into the game my frames would drop to nearly 0. If you are going to play SR2 coop this mod is mandatory.

Will they ever release the source code for this game so we can finally play this game properly?

SAY UNCLE, BITCHFUCK

An OpenSR2 project would be the best thing ever if done correctly. Optimization, Not broken co-op, more land masses, & easier modding options. I can only hope this becomes a thing in my lifetime.
They did release a prototype PSP Saints Row game for free a while back so there might be a sliver of hope for a source code release.

JUST

my video might still be on there.
sr2 was my first game on steam and i miss my friend with whom i went through the campaign

loweffortbait.jpg

I know the house, I think that sound starts playing after midnight in game, not sure about the ghost sound, but if you turn up the volume it's actually a man killing his mother

Yea, just looked it up and tried to find my vid
heres an embed if anyone wants to see.

What went wrong?
Did the people who made the first two games quietly change or did the publisher fuck things up?
It pisses me off how they found a great sweet spot and then fuck it up.

Nothing.
Stopping being generic GTA clone was volition's best decision.

GTA is shit now, though. It's a good time for a clone of it.

I'm pretty sure the writer changed.

I'm also pretty sure Ashley Burch was involved.

Saints Row 2 was a fluke. The devs accidentally made a good game, then some staff changed, and they miscalculated and misunderstood what people actually liked from the first game.

I'm so glad Agents of Mayhem fucking flopped. Fuck Volition.

3 and 4 are literally the same game

One of my biggest gripes with SR3 & 4 is that some of the better tracks only play in the background during missions & don't show up on the radio at all. Doesn't help that 3 & 4 scraped mission replay.

SR2 is best SR

But that isn't hard

Again, it doesn't fix shit. There's absolutely no performance increase from GotR what so ever.

Checked. I believe one of the reason why they won't do a proper SR2 port because they "lost" source code for it In reality they just want to SR2 to fall into obscurity and nu-SR define the identity of the series

Nah, SR3 somewhat resemble SR gameplay wise. SR4 tries to make prototype/crackdown clone on engine wasn't built for that.

the SR4 engine is most likely a modified Red Faction Armageddon engine, as you can just copy the weapon files for Red Faction Armageddon into Saint's Row 4 and it would work perfectly.

I loved the multiplayer in both Saints Row 1 and 2. Not just the coop, but also the pvp part. Strong Arm was fun as hell. You are in a decent sized map and do shit like insurance fraud. In what other game can you do this? I generally miss non mainstream gamemodes. Every multiplayer game is basically a shooter lately. I think we need more game modes, like that one game mode in Halo where you carry a skull around. Or that dodgeball like thing they had in Unreal Tournament.

Also coop in saints row, you could basically replay all the missions with your friends. This seems like a very basic thing, but most games don't allow this.

You can say the same about most other games. Unreal Tournament, Half Life and Left 4 Dead also just happened to turn out good. When it comes to multiplayer games devs don't know what they are doing.

Alright I'm gonna have to call bullshit on SR3/4 not having any plot or ending, because they've got some semblance of one:

SR3:
>Kick leader's ass and optionally unmask him

Killbane ending:
>Take down military and declare Steelport an independent city-state.

Shaundi ending:
>Except not because it's really just a movie set; you never find him

SR4
>escape but Zinyak blows up the Earth in retaliation
>breakout the rest of your surviving gang
>turns out Gat's not really dead
>in what is possibly the most bullshit move of the series, what ACKCHYUALLY happened was Zinyak suddenly appeared and personally abducted him
>you tear off his head, overtaking him as emperor
>if you unlocked everyone's superpowers, it's revealed the ayys have a time machine
>You can fuck around in the past all you want
>But you can't avert the Earth's destruction
>Anyone who wasn't on the ayy's ship is dead

Gat Out of Hell
>Alister Crowley's oujia board summons a hellgate and drags the Boss down to hell
>turns out Satan wants to marry off the Boss to his qt daughter, Jezebel as this marriage is the final step in his plans to invade heaven
>Gat and co. thwart that; Satan ultimately kicks everyone including Jezebel out back to the ship
>except Gat, who gets summoned by God
>1. go to heaven; this is the only way to reunite with Aisha

Along these, only two are viable for continuing the series:
New homeworld ending:
>It's already populated with intelligent life
>You prepare for a purge…

Restore Earth ending:
>The only way to bring back Earth is to reset the timeline
>This new timeline is the world of Agents of Mayhem
>Gat, Kinzie, and Cybergoth Fuckboi are cops in this new reality

Pic unrelated.

Ayo hol up
So you tellin me I can get SR2 to run decently by installing it to my SSD? Does this work for the legit steam version?

pretty shit plot

Indeed. Take that and compare it to Mairo and that whole thing. The Brotherhood is a movie plot, or stretched out a bit, it's own game. Same for the Ronin, that graveyard scene was Johnny's single best moment. Sons of Samedi gave us some funny bits, but it didn't hold up as well. Shaundi can't carry a plot.

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure they didn't just wing it, it didn't just turn up good by accident. The idea for the game came in a unique manner, but it's not like they had no idea what they were doing.

coop in left 4 dead is painfully bad. Versus is where all the fun is and they constantly tries to nerf it because it didn't turn out the way they wanted it to be. Also, Turtle Rock Studios, the team that worked on l4d made their own game called Evolve and that one sucked big dick.

Just like every other good game it randomly turned out good. They had a bunch of ideas, threw them into a game and it worked. They tried something new, it failed. They tried to improve their game (left 4 dead 2) and that failed too. And it's the same with all the other games. Killing Floor 2 is total cancer and doesn't even come close to the first one. Payday 2 has some fun features, but is overall worse. Also look at game devs streaming. Did you see the first UT4 streams? The devs have no idea how to dodge or use the shock rifle.

Typing "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" in cmd as admin might work. It did for me.

Elaborate or this means nothing
I'm pretty sure they haven't even updated the game with anything other than maintenance/bug fixing for over five years
No it didn't, L4D2 gameplay is objectively superior to L4D's which had major balance issues, a.k.a. auto-shotguns and invincibility when camping
Both are dogshit made by SJW trash
Doesn't have much to do with anything, but that's pretty gay I guess
There's this amazing thing called playtesting, clearly you know jack shit about game design and just parrot what you read here in regards to this opinion. Just because a once good developer sometimes fucks up and starts making shitty games means nothing.

forgot this
Payday 2 is dogshit, yes, Overkill isn't going to live that far into the future as their recent Payday 2 reskin is failing horribly even as they shill it to the Payday community.
Both games are the epitome of what you're describing, but this doesn't mean every single good game is, that's fucking retarded and incredibly short-sighted and is only spouted by a few retards here.

and by both games I mean PD:TH and PD2

The worst part about the Left 4 Dead series is the regular versus community kinda killed it. When we weren't busy beating up on newfags we were constantly bitching about the balance. Valve attempted to fix it and did okay in some respects but then they listened to the newfags and made the abomination that is L4D2. The worst part about it all is it could have been fixed by simply giving the host match options (ability to turn off melee weapons and such).

You're a faggot. Both games suffer from auto-shotgun spam if you play with tier 2 weapons. No one playing seriously will touch a T2 weapon in versus. Also;
You are the cancer that killed versus.

I'm not praising it, I'm just saying the game is objectively superior to your shit which has major issues. Also, barely anyone even uses shotguns in the sequel, they've been nerfed to shit and there's often debate on the forums on how useless they are, which is better than them being OP as fuck. Also, auto-shotguns in L4D1 were literally melee on steroids, it's like melee with slightly less damage but x10 the firerate, hence you're just proving my point that there were serious balance issues.
Just kill yourself my man

Is there a SR2 patch available?

IV has some really fun weapons and skins. I got it for real cheap and I had a lot of fun. I didn't give that much of a shit about SR2 so the jump in tone didn't bother me. The Burt Reynolds shit was awful though.

What is SWO/FYOK faggot. Just stay in L4D2, it was tailor made for you.

If you go it unbiased from SR1/SR1, it's not a bad game, yeah.

Nobody knows what that is, but
Do what you want, though, I'm sure this mod that nobody has ever heard of has people in droves playing it as opposed to the superior way the devs intended.

Saints Row IV was the best one, at least it's honest about what it is.

1 was clunky shit where you car disappeared every 2 minutes. 2 used the same map and tried to be all serious and failed hard. 3 was a shit-chimera of serious and whacky gimmicks that fell on its ass.

Just admit to playing co-op with furfags and shut the fuck up. This has to be bait, no one can be this out of touch with the community they claim to know. You're the type of faggot that kicks people from campaign for cheating because they joined and started denying you kills. You're just a faggot afraid to dip your toes anywhere near actual competition.

I bet your lerp rate is still set to 100ms. KYS.

Once again, nobody knows what it is, but continue sperging out, your autism is very clearly showing.

Sure okay, so you showed up 10 years late to the party. I understand now.

Modern tier logic

Honest question, what is there to elaborate? Did you actually play coop in left 4 dead? It's easy as fuck, even easier in left 4 dead 2 where you have melee weapons and booomer puke. AI is retarded as fuck, SI don't attack in groups but randomly. Beating the campaign solo is not that hard.

Apply Sanic Music and Mod.

Yes. Works for my pirated version like a charm, steam version should do fine. Not gog one though, that one shit.

Steam version patched to latest version, gog version is the same plus shity fps lock that you shouldn't do.

Shit man, shame I only experienced single-player of SR2, because from what I read about SR2 coop - is fun as fuck.

Yeah let me tell you about how Gat out of hell is the biggest bullshit ever. They had this great concept about fighting with souls of kingpins of all factions that you put in grave, but it's not in the game at all, only in a cutscene - what you get instead is a bunch of hell themed minigames for SR4 and bullet-sponge Satan boss, the whole endings thing is a joke about how shity they are as the writers and can't do a proper closure. And as you all know, if you are self aware about something, than it's totally okay to do it, no matter what.

But that's exactly wrong. 3 was utter crap, 4 was Prototype without all the edgelord my wounds they will not heal bullshit

Pic related, have a (you).

SR 2 was the sweet spot, they found it by accident.
The order is GTA III -> Vice City -> SR II.
Now SR II came out around the time GTA went full retard with GTA IV, and proved you could make a GTA style game with fun and silly things in it, making it a cool game.
So as usual the producers of the games: went WE NEED SILLY AND FUN SHIT TO SELL, because they don't play video games (only gamers in the whole fucking industry are engineers, rarely more than 2 guys game, programmers, maybe 4 guys, and a fraction of the 3d designers. Everybody else doesn't save a rare exception here or there they're presstitutes level scrubs, that can't tell what makes a vidya good to save their lives) and didn't realize people were speaking of the balance between serious open world/city conquering/criminal game in which there are some silly/fun things to do.
It had the right tone, the MC is a fucking psychopath, enjoying it's freedom, a clear villain, with enemies that are just as violent, heartless and gruesome as he is.
Which is why it's so fun.

SR2 was my favorite, to bad it sucked badly tech wise.

Can we talk about Red Faction and its sequels while at it?

the pirated version by some russian warez group (rg mechanics or something) worked fine for me.

Saints Row 3 is still the best game in the series though.

I need to start playing it again now.

lul

this game's fun. i liked making a hot redhead/blonde mix with big oiled tits running around in short shorts, thigh highs, and a tank top murdering droves of niggers.

good times.

what a crock of shit

like, saints row, gta4 went in a different direction and it wasnt bad at it. they went for a smaller more detailed map with better AI and took a serious route while SR went the silly route.
GTA5 went full retard and made the exploration and interaction with other people not fun at all. you can get shot for standing still for too long. and as much as people like to make a joke by saying its social commentary, its not, its just lazy programming. any non-combatant pedestrian dies in 1 shot or attack nomatter where you hit them, people get hostile when you stand too long and run away from you.
GTA4 let you creep women out by stalking them, start fights by following (some) people depending on their AI. crashing a car into a trash can could potentially tip over and startle a sleeping hobo and cause them to get mad at you and yell at you. there was so many little details you could play for hours. you could cripple people and watch them try to escape from you. shoot someone in the leg in a park and chase after them with a knife while they plead to not die tripping over their own feet. GTA4s fun factor when it comes to fucking with civilians provides hours of unexpected outcomes. hell, you could even aim a gun at a cop and get in a standoff with them with nobody shooting, and then when you start shooting they all start shooting.

for some reason newer games usually lack details proper AI or interaction with the world.

???

People hate CrowbCat because he's popular.

he makes great videos without any commentary. whats the problem?

crowbcat did a great video about the mafia games in the same regard. even old quake/doom era shooters had more interaction with the environment then most AAA shooters today. i remember shooting public trash cans and watching the lid fly back and forth, paper shooting in the air, etc. i just wondered "wow can you imagine the future? i bet they'll have realistic material physics with wood/stone and stuff!"

that shit never made sense to me. It's not even funny or anything.
archive.is/BnHXS

That's my main gripe with GTA 4 though…

GTA 4 is the game that is the closest to a real life simulation, but there is one major problem.
Life isn't fun, life is largely boring shit and while they got it down to the smallest of details, it's not really fun. If you consider it fun to get yelled by hobo by waking them up… just go outside and stop playing Holla Forumsidya.

GTA 4 is "Slav Life Simulator", where you sit watching TV, play with your phone in your track suit and get drunk with your cousin…
It's an amazing technical demo but a poor game.

so bc he liked nudoom, his videos are shit?

Apparently yes, it was even a video on gameplay, just graphic comparison between the E3 demo and the released game, showing a rare occasion were the game looked better when it was released than when it was showed, a rarity. Somehow that makes all his videos shit, even his old ones are now retroactively shit.

wasn't

GOTR adds bug fixes and other shit to the game like more clothes and stuff. It also allows you to change your height, one of my personal musts since I like playing as a chick in the game.

He also included a racist joke about Assassins Creed Origins in his last E3 video, we do not tolerate racism on Holla Forums

The linux port works pretty great.

The issue with GTAIV is that it's too realistic and not enough fun. With GTAV they had no direction at all, but that doesn't excuse the bleek and bland world that was IV, even if the game was better than GTAV.

Sauce on image?

3 was alright, but because of how they use the DBZ escalation method of creating games, along with the fact that this game was original suppose to be DLC for SR3 they had to mcguyver into an entire game 4 was just a bunch of reddit memes and 4th wall jokes far more lazy and obnoxious than anything 3 had slapped onto

tsumino.com/Book/Info/19935/hashire-onnanoko-

People hate CrowbCat because of the retards who make multiple threads announcing that he made a new video.

Except that 3 also sliced out all of the fun content that made SR2 fun, while also forcing you to play the vast majority of them to proceed with the main missions, it is still somehow shorter and has less interesting things going on than the game they originally planned as DLC.

4 is pretty shit too, but 3 is such a non-game it might as well not even exist.

My most viewed video has over 230.000 views and I just filmed a CRT TV with a potato phone. It's shaky, you can barely hear the game, but all my other videos struggle to get over a 100 views.

Volition lays off 30+ people.
archive.fo/B6XSl
techraptor.net/content/agents-mayhem-developer-volition-lays-off-30-people

I guess that's what they get for trying to appeal to the "so random & quirky" tumblr/goon/reddit crowd.

They deserve going bankrupt. Volition and Ubisoft need to go to hell.