Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn (Ayy lmaobots)

Before anyone calls this a shill thread, pirate links at the bottom. Please do not buy this game, it's Parajew.

Anyways, Synthetic Dawn recently just came out, which drastically improves how Robots work. Robots can have different portraits, be edited and outfitted, and the big feature being playable Machine empires, which play moderately differently than normal empires, with a few variations of them having some fun gimmicks. Driven Assimilators can turn organics into cyborgs and assimilate them into their intelligence, Determined Exterminators are a machine variation of Fanatic Purifier that only wants to remove organic life, and as such has no negative modifiers to diplomacy with other Machine empires. Lastly Rogue Servitors are robots that completely care for and tend to their masters, running their empires entirely for them, with their gameplay focused on maintaining a large population of organics to care for, and robots to supply all the resources they demand. Also, the AI Rebellion end game crisis has been scrapped, with AI Rebellions now being a normal event in game that can happen to empires that oppress their robots, and they also serve as a way to change your emprie mid-game to a machine one. The end game crisis has been replaced with a rogue ancient AI awakening who fucks with your robots and other stuff, from what I've heard it's the most rewarding end game crisis so far.

If you haven't played the game since launch, it's much better than the mess it was at launch how good it is now leaves room for debate though, for a quick recap 3 real expansions have been released for it. Leviathans which adds Mid/Late game bosses and events, and enclaves where you can purchase services from. Utopia, which adds factions, settings for ayy lmao rights, Ascension perks and Mega Structure. And Synthetic Dawn, the latest one, which adds everything mentioned earlier.

Download Links to 1.8 w/ all DLC: filecrypt.cc/Container/1C6E87B167.html
Torrent Repack: fitgirl-repacks.site/stellaris-galaxy-edition/

Bonus 2 Portraits that most versions don't have since they require you to log-in, this lets you use them offline: www61.zippyshare.com/v/617JLhhw/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

www61.zippyshare.com/v/617JLhhw/file.html
www69.zippyshare.com/v/zJNYjxwg/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really like how the game looks and really want to go on a galactic purge but since people have been shitting on it I want someone to give me a rundown on the game.

I played it again after this update. The robot stuff is neat, it made robot slaves a lot more viable (for biological races only). They also added a new civic (feudalism) which allows your vassals to colonize and makes them happier, which is a win-win and a very good addition. Unfortunately, regular slaves are still not where I want them as I stopped playing when I ran out of political mana to move slaves around. Really took me out of it. Grand supreme chancellor of a race of slavers but uh, "Not enough politics to move a slave population from one planet to another Mr.Supreme Overlord".
My buddy suggested they just change migration so instead of burning your politics mana you just say "move this guy here" and it takes the time it would normally take when they migrate on their own. I think that'd be better but it's still not a perfect solution.
Game needs a lot more work.

ayy lmao
it barely changed how robutts work fam
robot hivemind is objectively inferior to any other playstyle and robot customisation is useful for any synthetics-utilizing civ EXCEPT the actual synthetic civs
basically instead of an exponential progression everyone else has, robutts have linear progression and get worse and worse as the game progresses

It's OK, a bit of an acquired taste. A lot of fluff but shallow in some areas. If you just want to RP as a galactic civilization this can be OK. But again, pirate it. Far too pricey to buy and support Paradox.

If you want to go on a Galactic Purge, there are 3 special gameplay modes/variations in the game currently built around that. Fanatical Purifiers are your standard ayy lmaos who want to purge the Galaxy. They require Fanatic Xenophobe, but can be made either Militarist or Spiritualist depending on how you want your empire to be. Also they can't do Diplomacy with any other Empires unless they're the same species as you (Which would really only happen if you made some planets of your empire Vassals, or they rebelled or something)

Next is Devouring Swarm, which is a Hivemind that is intent on devouring and destroying everything in the Galaxy. Basically a mindless and evil Wasp Nest.

Lastly is the Determined Exterminators, which is a Machine variation. They're Skynet and want to destroy all Organic Life, but are pretty friendly with other Machine Empires (Unless it's a Rogue Servitor Machine Empire, which is built around serving Organics).

Of course, you don't have to take any of these and you can still go down the "purge everything" path. You'll just miss out on some nice bonuses for the benefit of not being hated on first contact, which is miniscule.

Before this the Robot tech was a mess, with Synths being unusable unless you wanted to give them rights, and the Synthetic Ascension easily being the worst Ascension Path in the game. I'll agree with you that Robot Hiveminds are pretty weak right now, but that really only matters if you're playing multiplayer since against the AI they're fine enough. I would like to see them get some more options, currenly they're pretty weak compared to other options. Still fun though, I'm really enjoying Rogue Servitors more than I thought I would.

Does it still run like garbage past early game

robutt hivemins are absolute shite
Ive played a game earlier and the early game way a fucking steamroll but around the midgame your boni start to drop off against your neighbours
furthermore despite having a quarter of the galaxy I could not field enough fleet strength to even touch the ancients that were the last real threat since the contingency immideately got its shit pushed in by a federation sandwich
synthetic ascension as of right now is fucking boss because robomodding can give you +10% research in addition to some other bonus ON TOP of flat +20-40% on everything that synths get
current game I did synthetic ascension and went core systems only full vertical, I posess a total of 14 systems and have a science output of 700 across the board by the time contingency arrived

runs fine on my overclocked i7 ;^)

The game is awful. Every mechanic has the same Paradox GSG hindrance of being shallow and low-impact time wasting to keep you distracted from the fact you're not doing anything, the illusion being shattered once its too late to refund when you hit the wall of progress, where you realize the game has put random artificial caps on your progress for no particular reason. Combat is basic, has glaring problems and is integral to the game but will never be changed to be more interesting, resulting in death stacks slapping together.
At least when you play another Paradox GSG, there are whacky things you can do, like make Britain communist, reform religions or colonize the new worlds as Inuits, and then you can compare your story or adventure to how someone elses went, but in Stellaris you don't even get that.

You know how Victoria 2 and Hearts of Iron 3 were the pinnacle of Paradox's success, and everything since then has been a steady downhill roll? Well Stellaris is the most dumbed down simplified trash they've made since then. There's no depth, there's no detailed simulation, it's just a simplistic blobbing 4X game.

I played it after Utopia and went bored durring end game crisis, overall it was really mediocre

Ill just wait for another 3 major expansions and maybe then the game will finally be enjoyable

Robots are OP.

I won the game on huge galaxy 50 years before Crises are permitted to start.

color me surprised

Yes, that's how RTSs work. Do you play 150 year no-rush games or something?

This is what I been hoping for as well for the longest.
But at this point I don't think its going to happen, they keep releasing these shitty low content dlc for $10-20 a pop.

I'm continually disappointed in the game.
Is galactic civ 3 any better?

Whats a good spacegaem to get into instead of this? Should I give Aurora another try?

>www61.zippyshare.com/v/617JLhhw/file.html
What's the password.

>www61.zippyshare.com/v/617JLhhw/file.html
What's the password.

Tay mod when?

The password is "cs.rin.ru"

hes a fucking turboretard too, I remember lying in stitches listening to the stream he did with sarcuck that he got absolutely destroyed in

no, I just dont play extremely unbalanced games and and then unironically take pride in beating them with a tactic severly skewed in my favor specifically because I want the game to be over already before it even started playing it
also
competitive_overwatch.apng

Comparing stellaris and aurora is like comparing numale's sky and X3, one is a relaxing timewaster and the other is ballbusting autism.

What part of "Get off my property, or I will kill you" do you not understand? The Indians failed to do that. There's no reason to believe Ancaps would fail. Ancap is literally "I love weaponry and money, that is why I am tired of the state stealing my money and my ability to own weaponry."

this is bait

does it run on linux?

buttblasted Holla Forums or Holla Forums tard detected.

mad because we don't buy into identity politics?

sarcuck is smart enough to know he's dumb and sucks at debates so he picks total retards for his "debates" to look smart by comparison

it's bait but it's also what ancraps believe

brb building my own road

Holla Forums in a nutshell

IS THE COMBAT FIXED YET?
NO?
FUCK YOU!

Mindless and evil are redundant with wasp nest. Also, Devouring Swarm got a massive buff in 1.8:

A hundred years is more than enough time for Stellaris. There's no tech and nothing to do past that point. Playing any longer is stupid and a waste of time.

stellaris is a shit game

Mark is a jewish. Try again.

Let me rephrase that then.

20 minutes is plenty enough for a SupCom 1v1. Hell, it can be enough for a full Seton's game if one side gets the upper hand quickly or pulls off a couple good assassinations early on.

But 100 years IS more than enough for any game of Stellaris. It doesn't deserve to be played longer.

We get it, you don't know what identity politics means.

Try watching more Ben Shapiro, you low-IQ retarded stormtard. You might learn something.

Spent the better part of today trying to get a workable race of robutts but yeah, I was getting curbstomped by organic races that I usually have no trouble competing with.

Is there actually stuff to do now?

No

Early and mid game feels different. Colony ships cost 500 minerals, or 500 energy for private ones. Colonizing costs 100 influence (-25% from two physics researches, one is tier 2, other tier 3 I believe), colonizing takes 5 years base. Ship hull hit points, costs and module costs were rebalanced so that upgrades are always a significant boost in cost:performance ratio. The spaceport modules that reduce ship build cost now only increase build speed. Spaceports also generate less fleet capacity per upgrade, I think 5 less capacity for a fully upgraded spaceport.

Net result is that it takes a lot longer to reach the point where the only thing left to do is spam ships and go to war.

There were not any changes made to space warfare and planetary invasions, right? It's still one giant death stack against another and who ever is triumphant wins the whole war?

In conventional fighting, yes. Fallen empires and crisis forces replentish their forces ridiculously fast now tho.

it's still not CK2 in space though
combat is boring, all the terraforming is boring
the game needed unique individuals

that would be terrible
what the game needs is better spess combat and Distand Worlds ground combat, since in the end swedaris is still a combat RTS utilizing GSG and 4x mechanics

Also good diplomacy and trade would be nice.

do we have a loonix version lying around?

I'm still finishing my modded synth run. I'm glad it's officialy part of the game now. Now if they can only fix the combat.

I should play this again. Did they add more formations or is it still only "cluster fuck wedge" formation?

Looks neat and all, but I think I'll probably just wait the next few expansions. I REALLY want Stellaris to be good, but man is it missing out on so much potential.

This update is pretty good but my god fuck the endgame crisis so much.
It is going to be hell for you if you didn't get Defender of the Galaxy.
Also they're ships are giant fucking stars of david

Is there a way to genocide pops individually? I've always wanted to wipe out entire species except for 1 pop and keep them confined in a planet called Zoo

That used to be an option, then they removed it a couple of updates ago. I've heard they added it again in this update though.

Yeah I remember doing something like this when it first came out. I wiped out three or four species then put 1 pop of each in the most hostile planet I could find. Then I tried it again recently and noticed I couldnt so I thought I was misremembering things

yall niggas got a gahnoo/linecks torrent?

linux never gets any love :(

Did you try in the newest update? Because I remember reading in the patch notes that they added it back.

Anyone else play like this?
Also they should add the option to "elevate" (make sentient) aliens secretly so you can watch over them instead of immediately absorbing them into your empire.
They should also let you make aliens non sentient. I'd love to use it as punishment on fallen empires

Well, the "Rogue Servitor" robot empire allows you to keep conquered species as bio-trophies. However, the tiles they occupy produce only unity.

Well you start off with an arrow head but when you start adding battleships or cruisers it turns into this odd line formation that is wider at the back than in front.

1.8.1 Beta Update

www69.zippyshare.com/v/zJNYjxwg/file.html

You'll obviously need the full install of 1.8 for this.

Accidentally sent the post to early. New update is mostly bugfixes but gives Machine Empires (namely Driven Assimilators) buffs they need.

- Buffed Processing Hub to produce Unity
- Buffed Machine Worlds to 25% robot production output
- 200 years must pass in-game before a Crisis can occur, up from 150
- Cost of "Blocking the Ghost Signal" project now calculated based on number of owned Pops.
- Successfully assimilating a Pop as a Driven Assimilator now generates one month's worth of Unity and Society Research
- Driven Assimilators can now allow Cyborgs to procreate (they do not need food to grow)
- Buffed Devouring Swarm, Purifiers and Exterminators
- Assimilators can now research most Genetics techs
- Driven Assimilators can now derive Assault and Defense Armies from Cyborg Pops
- Pops are now assimilated much faster, on a per-planet basis rather than per-species basis
- Doubled the chance of getting the ""Hotfix"" Warning Signs event
- Reduced fleet power calc for very powerful ships, as exponential effects would cause it to get much larger than the ship's actual combat ability
- Fixed Flak being strictly better than regular Point-Defense rather than a tracking vs damage trade-off
- Planets now only start repairing at full speed 60 days after bombardment ends
- Added some armor penetration to Scourge weapons
- Reduced the effect of Admiral skill level on ship fire rate from 5% to 3% & changed general modifier to not overflow interface
- Reduced consumer goods cost of Chemical Bliss, Utopian Abundance and Social Welfare
- Increased the likelihood of High and Medium probability reward options in Shroud events
- Increased likelihood of several unique Shroud events granting special boons to fire

Fucking finally, thanks for the patch link user.

???

So I was trying machine empires and to no surprise, they fucked up the buffs.

Seems like only assimilators get the new research/buildings right now, like the one that increases machine pop build speed.
Started up basic intelligence and servitors, the buffs don't seem to be in their research.

Good concept but it's just not a good game. Just realised that I never took any screenshots of the last game I played so here's an old one of the first time I tried using much the same tactic but before any of the dlc came out.

Few tipps to trick the swedish cuck-rules:
- Go with robots instead of gene-manipulation
- Build or send one clank to the xeno planet
- Purge!!!!!
- Climate manipulation tech + lots of Habitability booster tech/building (or just simple wait till you get the Ecological Adaptation tech)
- Move in with your space übermenschen
- Disassemble the robots or keep them if you like
- Profit

P.S.: The last time i checked the sweden cucks purged the white-only mods. Please help! I getting brain damage from the "nigger scientists with fantasy tier aztec names" bullshit.

"Germany" is still up.