Is the collision detection still wrong, making it inferior?

Is the collision detection still wrong, making it inferior?

Other urls found in this thread:

kempferzero.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the rounded hitboxes. If you land like pic related you'll slide off.

Do you think they'll ever patch it? It's been almost three months now.

It's even worse than that, you can look like you physically fully landed on something but then the game straight up pushes you in the void after you land.

Why not just play the original? Who the fuck starts with the remaster?

Yes
Oh and bonus that some people probably didn't notice because they aren't looking to get the highest scores on the leaderboards.
Some "wall hazards" like electric walls in Diggin' it/bee having have been extended all the way to the game's "ceiling" and cannot be skipped by jumping over them

There's also a bunch of other quirks that will destroy you without knowing why, for instance Crash jumps the same height and with the same timing of his older self, but he falls down slightly faster, which means that you have to make much more precise jumps for no reason. Also it's choke full of modern age glitches.

Of course not. That would require spending money on something that doesn't make money anymore.

Newfags, children and idiots with disposable income.

If they were lazy enough to leave the hitbox as the Unity default pill-shape, they are probably too lazy to patch it. They've already made their sales

There was no reason to do this, who playtested the game before they shipped it?

You think someone tested this? You can break half the levels with the fucking restart option.

It's not as bad as people make it out to be. The game is fully playable and fun but at times it can be frustrating. N-Sane Trilogy is both easier and Harder then the original. Its most noticeable in Crash 1 less of an issue with Crash 2 - 3.

The issue is that N. Sane trilogy is shit for people that have already played the originals, who you suppose would be wanting to BUY a remake.
People who never have played a crash game aren't going to have the detach from the slightly off collision

but its not shit, you are wrong.
t.person that have already played the originals

It's called "git gud fag"

This, pretty much. I've played Crash 1-3 for years and I still managed to enjoy N-Sane Trilogy, despite the glaring flaws. 1 is the worst of the bunch, 2 has a few issues you can work around, 3 is the same way. It was fun getting to go through them again with the new flash and as best Bandicoot.

People with Gen8 consoles are really starved for games.

"People don't want to buy old games"

t.Sony

the problem is becoming there's too many games to get right now. N-Sane trilogy wasn't very good and it's a shame, there's been no patches to fix the collision yet and it shows up in some unfortunate ways like when you have a small amount of sliding momentum from ice, hop on a metal block and are flung from having the steep part of the bottom of the pill hitbox accelerate you as you fall, delivering you to a very cheap death.

Other than a few issues with details like the hitbox, the work done is solid and it's very enjoyable. Just wish it also targeted 60fps but whatever.

I keep hearing people defend the pill hitboxes, "That's how they should be." It's fucking stupid, especially when it's said by people who never played Crash Bandicoot.
still, it was fun to go back and 105% Crash Warped and time trials on the first two games was nice too.

the two aren't related meme game poster

They are as they are both appaling exclamations that are unfortunately true.
Time to go back to >>>/Reedit/

that is because they used the crash 3 jump physics across all three games

Time for you to go back to >>>/Reedit/

Time for you to go back to >>>/Reedit/
fucking Chodemonkey, let me post

how embarrassing

nice

Yeah, jumping from ice to a metal block, particularly in Crash 2 special sections is way more difficult than it needs to be.

the worst part is if you land on the edge of the metal block by a steep angle of the pill hitbox, you'll get full momentum once you hit ice in the direction you're sliding (opposite side of the box) and usually be sent to death. There's some notable issues here that should be addressed.

emulator or fuck off

This better be bait

I do, and I emulate the old game that I buy.

Should I emulate or buy?

emulate

buy

Just emulate. PS1 emulation has been around for ages, it can't be that bad on a flagship title.
Spend the money you would have used on the NSane trilogy on Wipeout Omega Collection.

Don't be so mean to the user. These great machines can be complicated things.

You know THIS thread exists user:

Unless that's sarcasm, have you heard of Mednafen?

uhhh maybe I don't emulate often

I know

Does anyone else draw good Crash lewds like this guy does?
kempferzero.deviantart.com/gallery/

just play the originals, they're the best versions.

the originals are great but the remake is also fun in its own ways. The hitboxes makes the game more challenging which is fun. Are you casual or something?

adding elements of unpredictability isn't fun, it's stupid and means however good your grasp is on the mechanics the game will still fuck you over if it wants to regardless of how good you are. then you get more deaths and the game pities you, gives you more check point boxes and pity aku akus thus making the game easier by being able to trial and error through it, thus making it more casual.

n-sane is therefore the most casual version.

but you are wrong. I doubt you even played the remake you lousy curmudgeon. Kill yourself nigger.

no, I have my copy right on my stand next to the TV. I think it's sitting next to wonder boy as I am playing that currently. It's a far better remake too.

I think you are lying user. Why are you so invested in telling lies on the internet?

what about my post is a lie?

you never played Crash Bandicoot let alone the remake. You are clear just a contrarian being a curmudgeon for the (you)'s.

Does the 30fps improve the game also? Wouldn't want to be a casual relying on responsive inputs or anything

show me the lie, shill

the game runs at the same framerate as the originals, except they improved the input latency the first game had from what it was on PS1 so it's actually more responsive.

you are calling me a shill now because I endorsed both versions? You are clearly a cutaneous curmudgeon who hates fun and is desperately trying to hard to fit in.
>>>/reddit/

The gene for big breasts is almost always linked to the gene for fat arms so it's sad that you almost never see women with skinny arms and big breasts in real life.

Pill hitboxes are not unpredictable. Just stay away from the edges.

The visuals are what's wrong

That's why a shit company like Activision shouldn't hold the rights to CB, that's actually sad.