How do you keep track of what games you want to play Holla Forums?

Do you use sticky notes to keep track of what to you want to play or do you use the power of autism to keep track of what you want to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

myvideogamelist.com/
whatshouldiplayonsteam.com
howlongtobeat.com/
backloggery.com/graymeme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sticky notes? What kind of gay shit is that. Just play whatever you fucking feel like playing and don't stop until you beat the game. That's what I do. That is of course assuming the game doesn't suck balls.

by checking these 5s

Now why would i need to track what i play? I just play whatever i feel like whenever i feel like. Then stop playing for weeks at a time whenever im burnt out or run out of things to play

I put them on my taskbar or my desktop.

Make a program that picks a game out for you

myvideogamelist.com/

whatshouldiplayonsteam.com

ew

YOU KEEP TRACK OF WHAT VIDEO GAMES YOU WANNA PLAY BY DECIDING WHAT WOULD BE THE MOST FUN RIGHT NOW
GET OFF OF Holla Forums YOU TASTELESS REDDITOR

No need to keep track of an empty list.

What if the only thing that sounds fun right now is death?

Very simple. I don't play games because they are garbage. Where is the latest star shitizen thread, Holla Forums?

I no life MMO's until I'm one of the first to get to the level cap then I quit.

i download them and put them in a folder called games, as i complete them i delete most of them.
the folder keeps getting bigger and bigger these days because of all the games i dropped after 2-3 hours.

oh wait keep track, not decide, im stupid
i guess you just write em down somewhere by what comes to mind first, then pick the most fun-sounding game as you go down the list
my apologies

of course you wont have to cross them off, cause youll remember playing it

I don't need to keep track of them. If I want to play a game, I launch one, then 5 minutes later I remember why I stopped playing and I quit.

Having a memory that is persistent over a few hours of sleep is autism?
I use Save file percentages/trophiesbecausegamedevsareashitanddon'thavesavefilepercentages

8/10 got me mad for a second

All good I just replied without reading this so my apologies back

I use a spreadsheet. It hasn't really been necessary lately, since there are so few good games coming out these days. Now it mostly serves to keep track of my backlog (which is also relatively small).

Text file. Name of each game and the platform it's on. Simple.

Many anons uses spreadsheets but spreadsheets are a poor man's database.

Not that I've gotten around to setting one up, I just bookmark a relevant wikipedia page if it's not something I already have downloaded/a physical copy of.

kill yourself ffs

>I use a notepad written by (((Microsoft)))!

A novel and fascinating concept

Notepad.exe is shit for programming but if all you're using it for is lists then there's nothing wrong with it.

I just fucking play games I wanna play, dude. Rarely are there multiple games I haven't played yet that catch my attention at once that I have to 'keep track' of them. I don't keep backlogs either. That stuff ruins the fun for me and makes it feel more like an obligation to play them.

If you mean for upcoming releases then the answer would still be that I don't. I don't remember all the games I'm interested in, but usually I get remembered of them near release because of hype surrounding it.

I just download what I want and forget I have it while I move from game to game.

I use the sticky notes app on my phone

I catalogue my entire collection in an Excel sheet and sort it by console. Then I highlight the cells of games.

Green = Beaten
Yellow = In Progress
Red = Unplayable/unbeatable for anomalous reasons. (e.g.: Not fun, bugged, lost interest, etc.)

And then I create condition variables for each game that is contingent with beating. (Does it require DLC? Do I need friends to beat it? Does it require an upfront cost in order to beat it? - If that, then the following cell is SUM calculated, and it will be in-progress once a certain threshold is reached, this is especially helpful for my mobile game collection on my tablets.)

I destroy whatever I beat and doesn't interest me anymore. So far I'm working on 14, and I finished 4 last week. For as long as there are unhighlighted or yellow cells, I'm going to force through them until they're finished so I can smash the cartridges/discs after.

Every Friday I do an inventory cycle count of my backlog and update it accordingly, I try to keep things within a general self-SLA of 5 days, with some spare graph paper aside to calculate any further anomalies.

Oh.

Fuckin hell, user…
dear lord, user…

I don't play anything and let the guilt of not spending time on what used to be a joyful hobby pile up on top of the existing anxiety from the rest of my life responsibilities I've avoided, with the hope that one day I'll magically find the motivation to either get my shit in order and become a better person, or kill myself.

Better version inbound.

ew

That hit's home pretty hard. Feels like yesterday I was 17, now I'm 26 amazed how fast life is going. Feeling guilt when playing games instead of working. The only games I can really play anymore are things like Cave Story that I can just jump in and play.

On topic though I usually just play around 3 games at a time til Iv'e done everything and move on to another 3.

k.

I purchase them all on steam and then I have a nice list on my profile. I just install them whenever i'm ready to play.

I don't have any trouble picking what i want to play, but keeping track of time and length is quite gamble, so i use howlongtobeat.com/ and rely on the game's time to know how long i've been playing.
Sometimes i also gotta slim my backlog by uninstalling some games where i have

lay down the cake mark

I don't. If I cannot remember a game, then I didn't really want to play it in the first place.

organizing my steam library into categories

are you for real op

There's always one autist in these threads, always.

I just leave them in a pile on my desk

Show them dead multiplayer.

show it all

Steam regularly fucks up my lists so its not completely organized.

Fucking nice

SASRT is dead multiplayer? oh well.

Thanks, although my organizing still needs some work done. My //To Download and //To Download Priority sections basically acts as games I would eventually like to play and Uncategorized is the shit list. Low spec Laptop, Low spec Laptop Controller and New PC basically act as the backlog for which computer I'm using, with High Spec basically being the immediate backlog for the new PC as the New PC category got a bit big. Currently seperating the To Uninstall and 100% Complete into different sections so I can track which games I have 100% and which I just want to uninstall and not play again, as my profile says 12 perfect games but I can only remember 8. The Low Specs priority and Low spec categories were for this really old XP computer I was using for a few months but are still useful for finding some older/ low spec games.
A lot of my genre categories I don't use that much so I haven't filled them up very far because usually the game of that genre I want to play from those categories is already in one of my immediate backlog categoeis, so I only check them on occasion.

IIRC you can now put games into multiple categories, so it might help with the genera issue.

Same. I tend to play games just to demonstrate techniques, the hardware itself, or just to fuck around for a couple minutes due to severe burnout, AKA clinical depression.

Hahaha. Fun fact, that games been in early access since 2011.

same

This is some next level autism.

All you have to do is organize your games by genre and you'll remember what you've beaten just by looking at it.

Or
I bet you think you're too good for this too.

Yeah, because games are so much like colors. Learn to fucking spell.

Wait, no, it's worse, I can't read and you spelled it as "ROUGUE", which isn't even a fucking word.

It's my personal list and I'm not worried what an anonymous person on an imageboard says about it. Get over it, faggot.

Fair enough.

Does this look like 1679 to you?

Laziness abounds upon me.

Is there really a difference here?

dead multiplayer games, I assume

Yes; one is games that while I have finished, have just fine amounts of replayability, I just have no desire to. Deceased is fucking dead. Shit like Brink and SMNC.

Unlike you depressed lazy NEETs when I want to play a game I just play it. Then I beat it and move on to the next one. I don't have a "backlog" aka "list of potential mai gaimus that would totally be perfect for me and we'd love each other a lot." I just smash that shit and drop it.

All those classic old games you wanna get back to? I played the shit out of them when they were the new hotness, but by all means you can have a crack at 'em now that they're old and busted. All those new releases you're excited for? Better jump on that shit quick, they won't be new releases when I'm done with them.

If you're a completionist then it gets a bit more complicated.

Playing all the games I'd be interested in playing would take a lifetime. Of course, I like Jrpgs and whatnot.

Also, alot of the older games on my list were impossible for me to get at the time.

Between the elaborately catalogued lists and the "pshh i dont have a backlog i play what i fuckin want" posts, these threads are always full of intolerable autism on all sides.

I just keep a mental list. It's pretty good most of the time. Sometimes a game I'm less interested in slips through the cracks, but they turn up eventually. Yet I have to keep a physical list of a handful of movies I want to watch eventually.

So basically, you just play Call of duty?

Backloggery
backloggery.com/graymeme

I don't actively use it, but I have a habit of making a small review after finishing every game.

delete this

I honestly have a notes section in my daily journal to keep track of what I'm reading and playing. My ADD is bad enough I will literally forget about a game I'm in the middle of. who the fuck am I kidding, I leave 99% of my games unfinished

I just write the names of games that catch my attention into a .txt file I keep on my desktop

Who's the real autist here?

TRULY SINFUL

I'm going to be committing sudoku this weekend in shame.