Games that need remakes

What are some games that you think need a remake?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/wolfram
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you mean don't need remakes?

I'm talking like HD remakes. Don't change the gameplay or anything like that. Just give it a fresh coat of paint. Make it look better.

None because they'd fuck them up. Discounting that: Daggerfall. The ideas behind it were incredible, but it was buggy as hell and incomplete. A simple engine port is just the beginning of what that game needs, but it had the greatest potential and most mature setting of all TES games. Even Morrowind was more kiddie feeling.

Fuck no

Only Donald Trump's Real Estate Tycoon needs a remake in that list

Game was only released on one console and its graphics look like ass. No need for the remake to be in HD like last time I can settle for PS2-tier graphics, SH 2 and 3 are still very playable in every aspect.

It's a shame Konami killed the whole franchise.

are you sure you know what that implies today

Why, you're in luck! moddb.com/games/wolfram

The only acceptable answer is:
NOT A SINGLE ONE
MAKE SOME NEW IPs INSTEAD YOU LAZY HACKS

Not bad.

But all the new ones suck.

That includes remakes.

Well, they don't suck as much as most original IPs. I'd rather they remake a good game than make new shitty one.

That's a lie.

None
Your favorite game would be butchered and treated like utter trash. "Remakes" nowadays mean the game will be changed completely and turned into a pile of shit that isn't as fun as the original even though it should be.

The last thing I want to see is EA remaking 'Black' and ruining the aesthetics for the sake of "muh realism frostbite engine threeeh XDDDD" and adding autismo new mechanics that never belonged here.

I wouldn't say every remake is bad, but you should know what the answer to this is going to be from most people here by now. Especially with the tendency of most current ones to butcher the game's tone, dumb down content, outright remove content, etc. Also potential to "revise" the script (or at least the English one) into something more "acceptable" by [CURRENT YEAR] standards.

Didn't Sega outright lose the code for that game as well? I wouldn't mind it if the game could see redistribution, but Sega being Sega, and all that goes with it, I'm not sure I'd trust them to do right by an actual remake of it. Especially when so many years have passed.

Name me one good new IP.

There's always that danger, but there have been remakes that aren't completely pozzed.

The 2001 build of Duke Nukem Forever.

Did you learn nothing?

What is Perfect Dark XBLA?

I replayed Vice City earlier this month and was surprised how short the game really is. I remember trying to beat it as a kid and it took me whole summer to complete it.

Name one good remake

I don't think anything from the PS2 onwards NEEDS a remake. It's kind of absurd to me that they're remaking Shadow of the Colossus. Why? The HD version looks fine. And they're remaking GBA games now? Maybe for high resolutions, but they're remaking them for 3DS. Fucking why?

SHIGGY
You're retarded if you don't know what that's a bad idea.

It's happening.

Could be a lot closer to their original vision but would probably draw ire from the people who think low-poly is the apex of horror.
SH2 and SH3 are not PS2-tier graphics

People have already been speculating this, it might just happen given the current 80s revival fad.

Why?

Fuck em, they can go emulate the original PS1 version scaled to 1080p and pretend they're scared by the graphics. I would like some graphics for the post-CRT era tyvm.
They were released on the PS2 though, so yes they do have PS2-era graphics.

Truly horrifying.

problem is post-crt black levels.

Elaborate?

I'm really not sure that's relevant to the topic

try playing even the old silent hills on a modern flat screen and the whole image will feel more sterile, washed out and a lot less scary. When the entire scene is lit with a blue-white sheen, it's hard to escape the thought that it's just not really there.

I see… But I'm sure that can be adjusted by lowering brightness + playing in a dark room, right? Even in the PS1 days you had to "calibrate" darkness level before playing most horror games.

Light bleeding will always happen, it's inherent to the technology
because you could change the brightness levels on CRT too, but due to the properties of the way the picture is drawn it can create pure blacks.

Do you want CURRENT YEAR to butcher beloved classics? Are you a masochist by any chance?

Post 80s synthwave

Post vaporwave

Kill yourself

Alright, I would take a re-release of Evo that had better collision detection. But other than that, leave it as is.

Fuck you niggers and your hipster nigger faggy faux synth shit.

Why not?

Why not make new fucking game?

It's pretty obvious they will. Look at what cities they have been remastering.

The only real question is what city they'll do for GTA VII since they'll be out of mainline GTA cities to redo. Maybe they'll do London or Chinatown if they want to do the spinoffs/expansions. I have a feeling they probably won't and GTA VII will be set in something like Seattle, Chicago, etc.

because you don't want a shitty game that only serves to further bury the old game, and also the game is so good that the only benefit it can get in the modern age is better graphics.

I just realised we're gonna be stuck with multiple protags forever now. I hated 5 because of that shit, I just want one character to spend my time with, rather than being forced to play as other ones I don't like

They could make Manhunt's Carcer City into an actual place.

They could make Manhunt's Carcer City into an actual place.

But they ruined the atmosphere on both of them.

An enhanced port.

Rockstar is pretty shit these days, though. You really want them to fuck it up? Besides, the game's got a lot of things going for it - great soundtrack, great aesthetic, a reasonably well told story - but gameplay isn't one of them. It's antiquated by today's standards, and the designers would have to redesign new objectives for old missions anyway, so what would be the fucking point? They might as well just make GTAVI and choose Vice City as the setting.

What's this obsession with remakes, anyway? Why do you want everything to be remade? Remakes aren't worth it, you may as well just go enjoy the games as they were originally created, or at best hope for an HD rerelease.

Violated Heroine because it's a fucking clusterfuck and the easiest way to make it possible that someone will ever finish it is to start over from scratch

Robinson's Requiem needs a good remake.

not a single one you cancerous faggot

bleach is 50 cents at the dollar store.

>>>/suicide/

A HD remaster of The Curse of Monkey Island would be beautiful.

If any GTA needs a remake it's 1 or 2.
Up the resolution of 2 and make it so that you can see further ahead while driving. Update the controls to the modern standard. Slap on basic zoomed in Hotline Miami-style melee together with some inside levels. Expand the online, I imagine a 60 player turf war would fit. And add Body Counts Cop Killer to the radio.

You mean like that remake they already did, where you could at a press of a button, switch from remake mode and retro mode?

Pic related. The gameplay and atmosphere are impressive, but the graphics didn't age well, too many bugs that wouldn't be prevalent on modern engine, and it can't work well even on dosbox. It's badly in need for a remake, too bad zenimax is a faggot.

And Scarface. It's some of the best GTA clones out there, the voice acting and gameplay mechanics are great. The graphics suck ass and the optimization are horrible though.

VC has the best missions among all GTA games, fag.

How so? There was no difference to me, I'd even say the remakes served the atmosphere better for having more detailed graphics instead of the "cube" look of the originals.

Fuck off you fucking normalfag

God I wish Chicago would get a proper video-game representation. Driver 2 was mediocre and Watch Doges is better left unmentioned.

Just settle for Arcane Dimensions, a proper remake of Quake pushing change wouldn't feel Quakey, and if it was faithful it would be pointless as the engine is robust enough that it would make more sense to just make mod. Arcane Dimensions is fucking amazing anyway, they're even planning another update at the end of the year.

Case in point, this just doesn't look Quakey.

Is this a Monkey's Paw thread?

How can you fuck up the Shambler that bad? It's a yeti-esque creature, not a generic flesh monster.

name one remake of a game that was objectively better than the original

It was great, faggot. Too bad the PS1 is too underpowered for it, but it pushed the console to it's absolute limit.

Atleast the Japs made some anime set on it.

Kingdom hearts? Sly cooper remakes?

My guess is that they want to keep all locales based in America because it is easy to swallow. We have the concrete jungle, the L.A./Sin City/San Fran compilation, and the rad beach city.

Say, I think it would be some big city somewhere in the bible belt. I mean, I do not know much, where else can it be for the America memorable city/culture/stereotype/representation. Also the fact that Cockstar is making RDR2, so they can easily borrow assets from it if they are indeed making a bible belt city for VII.

>Hey guys, what classic game that you like should be remade with arguably worse graphics, casualized gameplay, and pozzed to shit so (((nu-developers))) that had nothing to do with the original can make some extra money?

Bionic Commando Rearmed
Tomb Raider Anniversary
REmake
Final Fantasy 3 and 4 (The 3d ones that came out on mobile , DS and Steam)

I would play any of these over the original… Except Resident evil Remake, both games are so different in how they play they give a different feel.

Metroid Zero Mission

Maybe not what you're looking for but there is talk/work of porting it since the older rpgmaker's are limited in terms of file size.
You might wanna check the hgg general, although I think there's info in other threads too
>>>/hgg/116772

the only good remake i have ever played was metroid zero mission. it remade the original metroid but with the super metroid style.

most remakes are just a shitty cash grab that drooling fanboys will buy up because muh benchmarks and muh graphics.

fuck you.

Fuck off. The original games are still great. Remakes are just a way for shitty devs and publishers to milk a game they probably had little or no involvement making.

You could arguably go for something like Denver in Colorado, if you really wanted something other than a coastal city.

This is all implying that they're going to be making a new GTA anytime soon though, they won't. GTA:O is such a massive moneymaker right now that they won't be making one for at least another console generation, if not longer, and when they do it'll probably include three cities and be online only, dubbed GTA:O2.

Gotta sell those shark cards goyim.

Everything past GTA 2 was shit. Don't touch Quake. You can do whatever you want to Max Pain, I honestly never played the game.

same as above. no don't fuck with the classics.

user you are asking for trouble.

Demon's Crest doesn't need a remake but I would play a new Demon's Crest game. E.V.O. was innovative but wasn't really that good. The gimmick wouldn't seem so spectacular in a modern engine

They are acceptations to the general rule. Originals are still better for the most part.

I actually sorta agree with this, DNF had missed potential. Better level design, less "Story". Ten weapon slots, its almost as if mods could have fixed it.

perfect examples of why remakes where a mistake.

Kirby's Dreamland 2 but done in Kirby's Dreamland 3's style.

I think the PKMN leaft green and Soul silver count as remakes, and both are better than the originals. Specially gen 1 remake