Team Fortress 2 Vintage: NO SERVERS EDITION

Recent news

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads

Full game:

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirrors:

Mega mirror (2.9): mega.nz/#!fY1RyLra!SDbXPZn0oevhRtG2HeLuZ-oM1-C97BnyUYP45NYjDuE

TF2V GIT REPO

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?

Development is focused first on bugfixes, If/when that's all done then focus on weapons can be started. However weapons needed to be coded from the ground up, so unless you want to start that for us then don't ask for something not on anyone's radar right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server
mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg>Nab
rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885>Lastly,
gamebanana.com/members/submissions/skins/1353324
oneupsecurity.com/research/remote-code-execution-in-source-games
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/what-is-tf2-vintage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

ded game

it's gonna be with no servers

it was dead even when it had servers

If people will be up for it, I can host in like 12 or so hours if rldr's server will still be down. It'll be laggy but it's something, at least.

Saged and reported

two different games essentially. Would be cool to see if people would be up for it if you made a thread about it, maybe even a gamenight

This shit should've had 6 more months of dev time, maybe then it wouldve had some momentum on release rather than dying

Competent devs when

makes it too obvious

so
can we play
where is server

no idea where Holla Forumsintage fun went, rldr hasn't responded

I've heard him say it costs money to run.
is he kill

it's weird he didn't post in the last thread and tell us. Gonna ask someone if they'll put one up

Listen server's up if anybody wants to play, the name's Meme Bunker Nine-Eleven.

It's steam-only because I can't find the way to make a listen non-steam server, so if you're running revemu you're gonna have to wait.

I am patient man

seems the only way to make a server no steam friendly is to set it up through revemu

There was something else to it, it wasn't just setting it up through revemu– it needs to have certain files replaced in the serverhost files from revemu versions.
I remember slapping together a bad guide for it, not even sure if it'd work really, but.
>Follow the guide here moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server but stop before running SRCDS.exe>Download the latest full revemu release here, mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg>Nab the rev.ini file from /server and place it in the same folder as SRCDS.exe (./source2013dedi)>Then place the steam folder and steam.dll from ./tf2 into /source2013dedi/bin>Beware that last step, this may not be the correct download of revemu for servers specifically>Next, copy the files in ./tf2/platform to ./source2013dedi/platform >Download the updated steamclient.dll here rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885>Lastly, place that dll into ./source2013dedi/bin as well.>And you should be done. Run the .bat file you slapped together from the modb page and the server should start accepting non-steam users.

in the mean time;
From just yesterday.

2 people on the server famalams, join in now

6 people in the bunker, fighting even with lag

Joining.

i might JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP on steam if this's how it's gotta go

could really use an actual dedi right about now this ping man

7 people on, get in you fucking SCRUBS

so I fixed the install guide on moddb because I guess it wasn't working and then I realized I didn't even follow my own guide. fixed the issue so no future mishaps

whad the fug :DD

the guide says to put a relative path into the sdk's parameters after -game which causes errors. It has to be an absolute path

Server's down, ggs. Please post if there's 2 people that want to play and if there's no serb, chances are that I'll host.

Also rldr you fucking faggot get the server back online you shit.

To be fair I think he did say he wasted money on us. so if he's pulled the plug because financial reasons it's fine. We do need at least 1 no-steam friendly dedi to run.

I reinstalled steam and I can't use the server browser, which is the same as how it was in revemu.
Gib server IP, can't find it otherwise.

rldr's server (only dedi that was there) is offline and mine just went down

serber is kill

fug :DD

well talked to devanon we might get a server tomorrow.

Are we playing the halloween maps without the cancer on the 31st? I heard someone say that shit.

Sometimes you can see servers if you use this in Steam.

yeah, since vintage doesn't have coding for shit like the HH or even the ghost's spook it's gonna just be maps with a spookum theme.

Sounds fun to me, is it going to happen on the actual Tuesday-Wednesday? I think that could work if mods wanted to sticky it. I hope the mod doesn't die but it'd be cool to go out with a bang if it does.

yeah that's the plan I'm gonna also put a message on the moddb page for it. steam group needs an announcement too

I'm bored and there's not much else to do, so the server's going up for some time again. If anybody wants to join again, now's the time.

alrighty.

y-you too

2v2, join now

3v3, pls join

P-PLS

good shit.

is msm right
do normalfags not like playing on non-vac servers?

I think it's partly because they see the shield and think themselves safe from hackers despite modern TF2 is littered with shitters who run hacks even in valve servers and valve servers don't let you kick because people were abusing it to kick players for "killing friendlies" or "trolling" (read not playing the way they're expected as opposed to supposed to)

memesystem had VAC protection and still allowed non-steam users.

That being said, that retard in there earlier who accused blu of hacking. Is he being serious? because I can't tell between the mentally defective and someone joking. especially in this day and age when the two groups intermingle

That was an underageb&, friendo.

wew. that being said I hope a dedi comes up soon. as fun as it is I think the high ping is a killer

Is there a patch for 2.9.1 or do I need to do a clean install?

I last played the game three weeks ago and they absolutely do, the fuck are you on about?

Hey Holla Forums,
yore
ugleh

well don't that beat all

YIPPEEKIYAAHEYAYKYAAAHKAYO
I don't know how you guys feel about it but I'm hoping we get that TF2 update that's been teased for nearly a fuckin year

It will be a glitchy clusterfuck

f

Do teleporters still cost 125 metal to be built on Vintage? Because I just discovered that Valve changed it and now it's just 50 metal.

yep original values still exist. Valve is just casualizing the game because people can't play engineer

pretty sure they do have the feature disabled, otherwise that catbot shit I've heard about wouldn't be so rampant as are aimbots.

I honestly think that making teleporters cost 50 metal is an improvement and lets this type of building get over its low priority, since sentries and dispensers are way more important and you want your sentry to be at least level 2 in order to defend your nest properly. I think this change makes the game a bit more dynamic, players would have to wait a bit less before fighting enemies and more people at the same time playing against each other and more frequently.

What I mean is that teleporters, despite improving the quality of a match, get a really low priority because of the game mechanics, and by the time you think "yeah, I'm going to build the teleporter now" you may have your nest destroyed, forcing you to start all over again.

To me, defending a nest is more about what the enemy does than what you can do, because no matter how good you are as an Engineer, you can barely do shit against certain classes put together (imagine fighting at the same time 3 classes that counter the engineer and ubers, it's almost impossible, and you won't always have your teammates to aid you). Destroying an Engineer's nest is in the game's mechanics, buildings are not some sort of shit you can have in the same place forever, and an Engineer getting too attached to it will eventually lead to some really bad results. Knowing when it's the time to move away and save what you can from your nest is pretty important, specially for your team's sake.

My point is that the game forces you to be able to build a teleporter and then upgrade it to level 2 (level 1 sucks) after a long time, and by then, you may have to start again. I know, "it's not a long time", but in TF2 every second counts a fucking lot, enough to get your shit destroyed.

tl;dr: I don't consider teleporters being built with just 50 metal casualization, just a buff that makes teleporters finally get a priority as high as a sentry or a dispenser instead of an almost secondary building.

Honestly to counter an engineer should never be on the frontlines with a nest, but slightly behind them. This seems to stem from people who try to set everything up in the heat of a fight on the front instead of going "ok need to step back".

Second point is teleporters, especially on offensive pushes should be taking a higher priority since they get teammates back int othe fight faster after respawn. Sure you can't defend against certain team comps but engineer is support, we do what we can with what we've got and what we've got can help our team.

Considering a entrance is likely thrown down at your spawn and you've got it atleast to level 2 this shouldn't be an issue honestly. The only times it might be is when the enemy is coming down on you and turning the offensive game around. Then it'd be a priority to have a sentry down over a teleporter and even then it's just a way to stall while people respawning regroup. There have actually been times where I'll save the teleporter over other buildings as TP will get my team back out there faster, and a quick pitstop to resupply or pick up metal will easily let me throw down a sentry to either hold position or cover my retreat.

do you guys still play normal tf2?

why would we play cancer fortress 2?

when's dedi
roo

fuck you, I will host right now

GET IN IF YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH

sage

but why

I've got a serbian running in Montana.
Willy's Spaghetti Vintage Server is up for business.

wait no this is going to produce the same problems whoops maybe sometime later

I'm an idiot, I can't portforward.
fug

Do you still watch the new season of the Simpsons?

why come?

also supposedly the dev team for TF2C is now headed by some dude from cuckchan. And to further this looks like they're trying for a "rebalanced pre-mannconomy". None of this is actually going to happen, shit is a meme at this point

he probably doesn't know how, and neither do I

Source? That's hilarious if TF2C is going to try and be a rebalanced pre-mannconomy.

right

so look up what ports TF2 uses as does SDK, most likely overlap

Now find your local IP address and throw it in the browser's URL page

You SHOULD be directed to a page or a pop up should come up asking for a login. a simple look up of the router should give you the default admin login details. If your modem is given to you by your IP it's same thing, google "Default login of

This is the reason I forked TF2C into TF2V.

TF2C was fun, but has a bad rep by outsiders because of the Alphablaster shitshow driving way too many people away. Even I got driven away by Alphablaster when I was one of the people who supported his server up to the Discord hugbox era. With TF2V it has a much more positive rep so far than TF2C does even if TF2C has more developers and more reach than TF2V. I figured that since they're too busy with DM and their other OCDONUTSTEEL content to try and work on the base TF2, then I'd do it myself.

Gotta agree, TF2C is marred by alpha and the fact he's part of their beta group and still in their community shows they really are just banking on classic "being better".

As for other focus, from what I was told it seems dude had no idea where the fuck vintage originated from and actually believed that devanon stole code. I should have saved the chat log my buddy showed but TL;DR the head of TF2C had no fucking clue that there are actually open repos still available. Him and the rest of the team this entire time actually believed that we super scienced the binaries and reverse engineered them.

Bonus point was how he was so adamant about classic being better because of "more content"

TF2C has more gamemodes than TF2V, but TF2V has more maps. The point of TF2V wasn't 4 team and DM modes but rather to focus on the base TF2 experience and make the mod as compatible with retail content as possible. Combined that with beta 5 being soon for over a year and it's easy to see why Vintage popped up.

As for how Vintage popped up, it kind of did really. Back in the summer people were mad at the idea of Classic having not enough updates and too much bloat so Vintage was made to focus more on the base gamemodes. The beta 4 repo was still open and open source at the time, so Vintage was forked on that one's code and not the beta 5 code. The current version of TF2V 2.9.1 fixes a lot of errors still left in TF2C even if binary wise it's very similar to TF2Cb4. Supposedly b5 fixes the errors and fixed them before we did but they haven't released any new versions of TF2C at all in the past year.

Actually the reason why vintage popped up was because no one wanted to play classic. It's marred by assblasted's bullshit and the fact he's still part of their circle. So devanon did some shit and v1 was born. the less bloat was a positive of vintage but not a driving reason.

Though if vintage got a coder or two I think it'd be bug free by years end and feature complete by 2018

steam free yet or no? I would perfer staying off steam.

Still no dedi a no-steam user would have to set up the server.

I can try hosting. who wants to play?

I'd like to try, just installed last night and haven't been able to play yet.

server up
NOT NO-STEAM FRIENDLY
sadly. In any case come join if you can't i'll do some port forwarding.

Are you sure? No server showing up for me.

steam or no steam?

Steam.

Weird no idea why it's not showing up

well this isn't as easy as I thought it would be

can't figure it out gonna try taking a look at shit in the meantime

HOW TO HOST A LISTEN SERVER FOR TF2V YOUR RIG OR INTERNET IS FUCKING SHIT EDITION

1. Port forward the following port ranges - 27015:27050 TCP and UDP, 3478:4380 UDP, 27000:27030 UDP
2. Boot up TF2V and start the server from the create server menu
3. Type the following in the console - sv_lan 0; ip PUT_EXTERNAL_IP_HERE; heartbeat;
4. Change the map with a map MAPNAME command

You can confirm whether it worked or not by looking at the server list, if it did your server's there.
Someone make a fucking dedi already so we don't have to do this.

devanon said he'd throw one up

SERVER UP TRY TO JOIN

It gives me an error, saying that LAN servers are restricted to local clients.

one second

SERVER NOW UP

getting this

try again I've got one guy in right now

crashed the server, gonna call it. sorry AAAAAA for deciding to toy around

server dead due to bots

If anyone can reach out to host fats we could use a good server. why rldr has been silent is kinda odd

how am I supposed to shitpost loudly with no server?

I think till we get a dedi back micspam needs to hold off. the amount of data being sent is just going to cripple listen servers. It's a sad truth but it's one that needs to be told

Some faggot bitched at me so I put up a dedicated on a 2010 era workstation I've got. Hexcore Xeon, 24gb of ECC Ram, Raid 0 10k RPM drives. Should work ok.

using default 2007 maps because fuck you

I know this is minor, but maybe it's worth looking into. What about letting people use custom viewmodel animations? Valve added this once then a few days later they removed this option.

Here are some custom animations that are vastly superior to valve's:

gamebanana.com/members/submissions/skins/1353324

You could also use skins that make your weapons invisible in case you can to focus harder on aiming. A few weapons take a lot of space in the screen (like the bazooka).

If it was up to me, I'd replace the original animations with these, but that's probably a bit extreme, plus it could lead to problems and bugs.

They should work, I can try this out later. Default viewmodel FOV is 54 right?

you fucking faggot

funky, was working earlier, people logged

try now faggot

fug :DD
ADDENDUM: I personally filed my maximum-conviction Appeal Brief in 1961 with the Chief Clerk of the US Supreme Court, Washington DC.

Now's not the time for fear, medic
That comes later

anyone on right now?

4 people

server up?

ye

Shit game

Gotta have a tlak with server host

C-can you finagle for nocrits as well?

right

noice

where de serber at

73.158.114.165:27015

But it's stuck on TC Hydro because he's retarded. I've left the host a few messages but he's on snooze right now

Seems server user needs help with setting up RTV plugin, seems he can't get it running

stop asking me to do shit when I'm tired

no

ded game

Serb now has rtv, end of map choosing, all maps up to the end of 2011, and no crits

perfect.

important business

CURRENT SERVER
73.158.114.165:27015
NO-STEAM FRIENDLY

you don't need the IP, the heartbeat is working last I checked

no-steam users need it since for some reason they can't see no-steam friendly servers in the browser. so they need the IP to connect

check this out oneupsecurity.com/research/remote-code-execution-in-source-games

yeah, its still fun. people overestimate just how great it used to be or how bad it is today, most of my complaints were problems since the beginning such as random crits, other than graphics downgrades since they didn't give you a choice (they should drop an optional graphical upgrade like what was done in battlefield 3) and a few minor balance issues which appear to be addressed in the latest patch notes which i look forward to

This is fixed in all TF2V releases since V1.

this is SDK, and it was patched out so we're good

Anyone up for a gamenight saturday or even tonight?

oh ye.
Age of Empires may take priority though.
JUST FOKKIN' SHOW UP FOR 30 MINUTES OR SO TOMORROW, YEAH?

I'm a fag

sure
also

By the emperor

k

Did you fuggers have to update steam to beta in order to connect using it?
Because that's a thing they're forcing you to do now.

dunno I don't

FUCK IT LETS PLAY

Well fug me then.

tomorrow it is.

gamenight starts at 4pm EST

almost time fuggers

O-oh no, that's exactly when I need to get to my job

but I wanted to play some Chivalry

play some

holy fug we hit critical mass

10 people

MAKE THAT 12

PANIC

tc_hydro is so broken it killed changelevel at a console level

wew

SERVER BACK UP

user I…

They have it I a pirated win 7

Also people are interested in the halloween event so we're getting some hype there

14 people now

The Halloween event in retail TF2?

no in vintage, why would people play retail?

ah

That's why I was asking. I just checked the mod page and I understand now. bully

that was fun. Hopefully even if it dies down we can have more fun come halloween

The Halloween update is going to be 2.9.2 with a couple of new bugfixes in it but more importantly some new content. Even though it's a basic concept, this took some time to plan out and compile up. It is a ghost.

prepare for dissapointment

I thought we were avoiding OC shit

In anycase do make the map pack seperate for the sake of ease for everyone. might be best to do 2.9.2 full 2.9.2 patch and the map pack as three separate things

It's not entirely OCDONUTSTEEL content update though, it's based off of dead and rejected community updates for retail TF2. It's surprising I found most of the content for these, sure felt like an expedition alright.

Not yet faggot, whats in there is just the TF2C stuff devanon enabled. We don't have ANY coding for a new spy watch even the Cloak and Dagger has no code for it. But to be fair it should be easier to code the C&D than the DR because you can easily take the standard invis watch and give it a statement
where it only drains on movement

The "Music Toggle" button in the main menu still doesn't work. The console says
whenever you click it. The music volume slider in Options doesn't work either. The only way to mute the music is to mute the game volume.

You sure it's not tf2c_mainmenu_music? That's what they are in the current config.

To be fair, that is getting reverted in 2.9.2 since nobody seems to like the new weapons and a lot of the coding for other content isn't there yet. Also,

I have to report a bug regarding v2.91: every time I start TF2V, I have to keep changing the graphics option, mostly the resolution. For some reason, it's always full screen, max. resolution. I like to play the game on a window, yet it's always borderless, making it impossible to move around the screen.

that may be because the .res file has it set to that for some unknown reason.

make sure autocfg isn't a launch option

Thank you user

Here's the console. Directly after launching, I clicked the button twice.

yeah the mainmenu.res file points to a convar from v3RC1 that doesn't exist. go find the file in the resource folder and open the mainmenu.res file in notepad or notepad++

you cna turn it off via console with tf2c_mainmenu_music 0

I've got some stuff I need to hand over to devanon where it's just shortened to "mainmenu_music"

bump

Might as well give you a bump, here's a look at something new in the 2.9.2 update.

pls no

Can I download the game standalone without fucking around with revemu or going through steam?

Also server files when, I'll host 24/7 if someone uploads all the files needed for a server without me needing to fuck around with anything.

Spoonfeed me please

call me daddy first

So… something I've always wanted to ask… what's the point of the Ambassador? To turn the Spy into some sort of pseudo-Sniper? The idea is that the Spy can kill you in one stab if he manages to sneak behind your back and you don't prevent it, but if you fight him one on one, you should have the advantage, right? His pistol is just a weapon to defend himself, but not a primary that would let him win against a Soldier, a Scout or a Pyro, for example, but the opposite case keeps happening again and again.

Maybe I don't get it because I'm not a Spy main.

Used to be a filthy spy main
The ambassador is one of those one man army weapons, similar to the black box or the gunslinger. It transforms the spy from a fragile glass cannon who relies on sneakiness and positioning to a class that can fuck around and 2 shot kill most classes from any range.
A much better spy primary that accomplishes a similar task but with different execution is the diamondback. You get crits with the diamondback, but only after sapping and destroying buildings. It accomplishes a similar task but you actually have to be a sneaky spy before you start popping fools.

One man army, crutch, pubstomp, whatever you want to call them weapons are weapons that transform a class into something that doesn't need team mates or true skill to play and do well with. They're the perfect weapons for the pub meta because everyone can have fun in the teamwork non-existent environment but in competitive modes they're pretty broken.

Well they won't be here for awhile so relax actually without coders a lot of needed fixes won't come so panic

What level of coding experience are you looking for?

First and foremost you must be able to write and understand C++. Second and a big must but not needed if you're willing to take some time to learn is knowledge of source itself.

Right now the bugs needed squashing are:

The project is open sourced so feel free to grab the build from the repo. The reason why it hasn't been updated in some time is I can't code and so stopped even updating the Z'Gok repo and no one else has stepped up to help

I think there's a bug with cp_manor_event's first control point. Capping it during overtime results in BLU losing.

event maps rely on coding not present as of yet. The bug fixes come first and then we'll take a look at the maps

I remember playing the other day 2fort as an Engineer. I managed to build my nest in the enemy's intelligence place when the time ran out. My team only needed 1 more intelligence to win, we were winning 2-0.

But for some reason, the opposite team won when the time ran out. I wthink we were RED.

Not sure why it does that. it might be based on team points

Anybody wanna schedule up a game this friday? This way we'll get more than eight people and maybe, just maybe head jew will sticky the thread or something.

I have work friday, I can set an announcment in the steam group but sat and sunday I might be hosting a HCE gamenight

The Spectator is the most valuable member of any team. He is completely invincible barring connection issues or IP bans, can see the entire battlefield at will, invisible without hacks or the backstabber's meme watch, and kills indirectly through subconscious pressure and relaying the enemy's movements via secret communications. Every kill from either side is a spectator assist and you know it.

That was honestly unfunny

You should kill yourself lol

You still haven't done anything to fix the most unbalanced class in TF2.

Your joke is still unfunny

HOlEEE FUCK somebody fINALLY DIDI IT FUCK THANK GOD
that whole shit thing SUCKED
OHM Y FUCK YOU DID IT AFTER HOW LONG OH FUCK FUCKKKKKK AAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAH YEESSSS

Is no-steam working again or do am I supposed to be doing some other things to play with you guys?

Your waifu is the worst girl in the best Gundam

Puru is just cute

No steam is working again, we have a new dedi that works too thanks to another user I pestered

Well I can't see it.

Go back to playing hearts of iron

you're not my dad

You're right, there's a reason why your mother divorced him :^)

Thanks bud. See you fags on Friday.

Holla Forums please shitpost elsewhere

at what point did you stop and decide, vintage.
cause i remember, they had done the patches for certain classes, then before they got done, they done that shit backpack and the rest of it. first quetino i asked was, "whats the backpack for?"
then they done the other class patces. i quit before they did that. anyway, I think.. they finished each classes extra 1 or 2? weapons unlock it was or 3. ok so. when did you decide vintage?
like for example, some stuff thats ridiculous and wasnt even tested for example
Your Eternal Reward.- Came later, after the class patches they where doing. And was patched later on to work differently. DO NOT EVER INCLUDE IT. it ruins the game. Valve developers dont know what a good game is. THey know what a hat is.
It used to tak .5 second to transform into the enemy player with it. which was a stupid idea nd made it useless. theonly thing to make it DO anything was game breaking and I knew it. Thne later on, they added that.. "game breaking" aspect. Becuase theyre too godamn lazy. The thing on backstab instantly disappears within .1 of a second the enemy you stabbed, and instantly you just "change" into them. no morph. you dont realize when you didnt look at it and then check and see.. nothing there. ITS FUCKING STUPID.
so what point did you decide to stop and was "vintage" and the other part not.

remember that "bug" where the enemy got to kill the winners at the end?! i think its dumb now and shouldnt of ever got fixed or done that. theyre too stupid to code anything

gib standalone base server files for new version so more losers can host

Why do you type like a nigger? Please learn some grammatical skills and try asking things again

only one dedi is needed tbh, it's never gotten close to full

The Spectator is the most valuable member of any team. He is completely invincible barring connection issues or IP bans, can see the entire battlefield at will, invisible without hacks or the backstabber's meme watch, and kills indirectly through subconscious pressure and relaying the enemy's movements via secret communications. Every kill from either side is a spectator assist and you know it.

even on the gamenight, it's fine as is honestly. What we need is coders, anyone willing to take a crack at it the git is there and it's gonna stay a bit outdated till we get people to hammer away at it

bump

anyone up for some vidya?

JOIN, FUCKERS

pls

I'll join hold on

server restarting, also come bully some normalfags

IT'S BACK

It will never be done by the guy who releases tf2v for the next version because tf2v is a dead game

Are you legitimately retarded?
One of the least used weapons in the game, regarded by pretty much everyone to be one of the worst spy knives. Game breaking?
At least complain about the dead ringer or something retard

benis :DD

Around what time do you feggits usually hop on? I've been dying to play some TF2 since the base game went to shit.

we're gonna be playing tonight, someone will typically post in the thread. normalfags have started to pop into the game due to the semi official steam group. Not a huge issue per say, but I'll take them over the commie faggot

Please elaborate.

There's a guy using as nickname and as his/her avatar the Holla Forums mascot, but honestly, who the fuck cares if he's not affecting us.

And just in case soemone thinks this, no, I'm not that guy. I just want to play TF2, dammit, let this shit out. I'd say people who only plays as Sniper or Spy even when we are just 4 players in the server are way worse. Specially when they steal metal from Engineers and health packs from medics.

If they refuse to switch to an offense class or medic, I always just switch to an offense class myself and hope everyone follows. If we're going to lose anyway, might as well lose fighting and not staying scoped at spawn.

That's what I always do, I'm not a big fan of the Sniper and Spy, but I'm mostly a Medic or an Engineer main, and I suck as Pyro. I don't mind that much playing as Scout or Soldier, but checking my team and seeing that the other 3 players are snipers and spies pisses me off.

Alunya is antifi, mediocre at the game, and swaps teams if the one he is on is losing.

basically its a manchild who has never read Solzhenitsyn's works

FRIDAY NIGHT, GET ON THE SERVER CUNTS

WE'RE GONNA PLAY TONIGHT

LET'S GO

4v4 come on let's go

I miss this feeling

I'm going to assume that was a freak, isolated incident and rejoin

10 people on

IF YOU HAVE THE MAP RTV THAT SHIT AWAY

map is off halloween map

next week a DL with a bunch of spook maps will bne up

ggs

>decide to finish up playing cuphead

was fun for a bit hopefully halloween will refresh the playercount.

That being said I can sorta feel a burn out coming but this is good, the game has hit a good stride and we've left a positive impact with the people who have come and tried the mod. Don't really care if plebbit and cuckchan kvetch about lack of shit or whatnot it's been an experience to say the least playing Vintage

I can understand that if you aren't interested in gitting gud and just want to shitpost, but TF2 has much to offer in terms of high-level plays.

Though on low-pop servers offensive classes + medics are the meta because support is only useful to get people to win.

also

2 people on the server, get in fags

I have at least two more content updates coming, one this month (Ghosts of the Past) and one next month (The Competitive Update) as a sort of hurrah to TF2V. Even if TF2V sinks and TF2C ever unfucks themselves, at least we can say we kicked the TF2 modding community in their pants.

not really

I honestly hope these two aren't going to be part of the game as while it's a nice idea it should be side stuff and left at the discretion of the server hosts. I feel like because we have no real coders to handle things the only way we're keeping the mod afloat is unneeded content creep.

Granted it may be content creep, but unlike TF2C this content creep isn't as bad because it focuses on the original gameplay and doesn't alter shit. It only adds more layouts and more variety of maps to play on.

Honestly the content updates would be a lot more useful if TF2V actually had a large community with dozens to hundreds of active players, but again we're struggling to even fill servers.

No it is bad, any content creep is bad because the mod has been billed for ages as "pre-mannconomy TF2" with the only real change being no demoknight.

Those kinds of updates should be relegated to side things are plop them under the addons as "fixed to work with vintage" under no circumstance should they be added wholesale to the mod. While it is your mod, I'm worrying about it in the long run as people will see this and shy away, a lot of the interest is because it's less bloated than TF2C and let's be honest, where will this stop?

Shit right now I really think we ought to focus on what we can do codewise, which is reduce the convar's elongated names so shit like tf2c_mainmenu_music becomes just mainmenu_music as does the shit like muzzleflash and beta muzzleflash shit.

Right now the mod is at a state where yes it's broken in some aspects but it's charm is drawing people in and we need to utilize that charm

*Or plop them under

You're a big guy

for you

Also an update on my end with the halloween thing. I've gathered a few community maps and have been just testing them. Went from 25 to 23 as 2 of the maps so far have crashed when trying to load them

Dedicated server guy here, I'll disable custom weapons or radical changes to existing ones. If you add any of the shitter weapons (Pomson, Darwin, Guillotine, Reserve, etc) I'll disable them as well, ones like Scorch Shot, Man/Market, and Solemn Vow would be good.

and for fucks sake nerf the Ambassador in line with that Balance Changes post

it's going to be pre-mannconomy only that's it

No one is gonna shit on you for adding a few 2011 weapons that fill a niche; those aren't like the vaccinator, rescue ranger, or soda popper where they totally change gameplay. Hell you already have the Jag, Loch, and Caber.

nah pre-mannconomy is pre-mannconomy the only exception is demoman and that's where the line has been drawn

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/what-is-tf2-vintage

What did they mean by this?

it means things didn't get proof read

its time faggots, get on the serb

i-ill be on in a bit

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait.

They added the Jag, the weapon that straight-up buffs the engineer at almost no cost in 2.91? What the fuck?

no, devanon just reenabled shit from TF2C in 2.9.1.

I wish he'd disable it again but that's not going to happen. right now the only server running is stock anyways

It's being disabled for 2.9.2 along with some other stuff. Until we can get some coders, 2.9.2 and 2.9.3 might be one of the last versions of TF2V until the coding errors can be fixed.

It's being disabled for 2.9.2 along with some other stuff. Until we can get some coders, 2.9.2 and 2.9.3 might be one of the last versions of TF2V until the coding errors can be fixed.

Been checking everywhere myself but there seems to be no help even offered. the reluctance to put a name out there may be hurting us. Might take a few more steps, make a burner hotmail account and use it to tie to the moddb account before posting it and asking coders who might be interested to contact the team.

Jag isn't even that good user, it does sound good on paper however. If it's the current version of the jag in release tf2, it's a decent side grade that you use to get that gear up quick but in 99% of situations you'd want to go swap back to stock or some other wrench.
If it's the old jag then there's no problem, because it's worse than stock in pretty much every way.

k

This kills the server

rejoin on 2fort about to do some tribes ctf

i warned u bro i told you about event maps dog

tf2c_autojump "1"tf2c_bunnyjump_max_speed_factor "9999"tf2c_duckjump "1"tf2c_groundspeed_cap "9999"sv_airaccelerate "9999"

Things we have learned today on the server:

Still playing 6s. Made plenty of good friends along the way. Made some silly videos too. I want to play this mod, though. Can we bhop?

My unlocks and 2017 map pool scream out in pain. One of the best things about TF2 is that a lot of the game's unlocks are balanced with appropriate trade-offs. Yeah, there's a lot of bullshit, but that's why we made white-lists. I understand about ironing out the kinks, though, and stock TF2 is super fun anyway.

nigger read why it's stock

It's one of the only PL maps with working hills

I actually do have the 2017 map pool for TF2 working with TF2V, you could argue everything past V2 has been map pool compatibility with some bugfixes. 2.9.3 next month will focus specifically on 6s map pools for competitiveness.

Anyone for a few rounds?

3 players on

ITS TIME

Anyone care for some Turtle Fortress 2?

eh sure

get in here you nigger

eh

ded mod

got distracted by a shiny object

for what purpose

The event maps should be removed from rotation honestly. Until the map pack goes up next week. I've got 22 Halloween themed maps ready to go as an addon for the halloween gamenight. Sadly because of lack of code the bosses won't spawn.

I'll up the addon and take it down on the 4th of November since there is no real use.

To be honest, I don't get what's the point onf the Halloween maps, it's just the same maps with Halloween shit, it really adds nothing, except more megabytes in the folder.

because halloween.

It's going to be for halloween and then after you can chuck them from your folder

10th anniversary just reminds me how fucked the story of TF2 has gotten

The first one is the biggest offender, they went from having flaws to being entirely incompetant

Now keep that in mind and read the fucking Contract comic. Go and read the ring of fired comic.

Which is why for the 10th anniversary of TF2 I'm happy to announce 2.9.2 is coming out very soon to ModDB. In addition, there may be some new developments for 2.9.3 outside of the second TF2V map pack.

please don't stick more unbalanced shit into the game

I've gotta second this. Anything that wasn't part of TF2 should be relegated to addons and not the base game.

Any advice to improve as a medic?

Remember how pocketing is something that you were meant to revile? Forget that. If a teammate is really good with a power class, stick close by and heal them by default, but stay behind them and out of danger and out of the fire line, and don't forget to heal others, but most players in vintage will come looking for you so you don't have to go wandering

If you're attacked, run the fuck away. Your pew pew needle gun is only good for retreating against players that have low HP, against pyros that just run up against you in a straight line with a fucking flamer and against snipers or spies that your retarded team just doesn't want to kill for some reason. Bonesaw is burst for 60 damage, which is not much against heavy since you can empty your needlegun at close range and still hit every shot, but in the sniper/spy fights it is invaluable.

Learn how to run the fuck away faster if things go wrong because at some point, they will. There are often numerous paths to retreat and you gotta focus on the map to understand them. A living medic with three dead teammates is often better than two living teammates and one dead medic because once those two go off against a whole stacked enemy team, odds aren't in their favor. That, and you keep your fucking uber.

Learn to fucking dodge. This is crucial. Dodge soldier rockets, dodge demo stickies/pipes, dodge sniper shots and even scout scattergun shots sometimes. It's mindgames. You will have to make those spot dodges and every second you stay alive is the second your teammate might decide to save your ass or the second you will spend trying to hide behind his ass that you can just heal.

Understand how good you, your teammates and your enemies are. Often enough your teammates will get you killed when you stick near them. Fuck those guys, do NOT stick around them, heal them if you must but try to find someone else to keep you alive. If there's nobody, look for areas with easy escape routes. You'll still get chased, but if you shoot some needles at them they might just go "fuck it" and go get health instead of chasing you. If they don't, you have options like going in close with the bonesaw or hiding behind your teammates or something. If the player you think is approaching is bad and there's no teammates just fucking use your needles to predict where he'll go, it will work like half the time.

Understand enemy attack vectors. When going on the attack in an objective gamemode (payload, cp, koth, etc) do NOT stick around near the point or the cart unless there are no enemies nearby. Demos will put their stickies first thing, soldiers will spam their rockets first thing and so on. Your job is to fucking heal your team while they do that. Do you see the blue/red dot right fucking near you? Do you see a sniper in the distance and you're within straight line of sight of him? Get away, get the FLYING FUCK AWAY NIGGER YOU WILL GET SHOT IF YOU STAY ANYWHERE NEAR IT. Hear uncloaking? Shoot your needle gun, if teammates hear you shooting instead of fucking doing your job the spy oughta be dead or running away. Hear the scatter shot in the distance or see the little fucker approaching? Spam E and put your teammate between him and you at all costs because he will shoot you dead unless you don't do something. Rest of the classes is self-explanatory.

Do not stay in the open. The enemy team can fuck you and your team pretty hard if you will. Always look for cover and ways to GTFO. If the enemy's only way of shooting you is flanking, that limits their options. You need that advantage, which is why scouts are so good against you.

And lastly, stay the fuck alive. Do you see your teammate with like 30 health surrounded by two soldiers alone? Don't drop everything and go help him, just don't you'll fucking die you bitch. The longer you stay alive the more chance there is you'll get Uber. You either push with uber or defend with it. Don't be afraid to blast it when you know you might die, like when a sniper is aiming at you and you have no cover, but try to save it for value pushes or for killing like half their team.

New games/thread fucking when.

I'll get a new thread going

NEW THREAD