Tree of Savior

Is it shit? I've been playing a bit since I saw someone playing the necromancer class and aggroing a bunch of enemies and then letting their summons deal with it which appeals to me.

I only played the beta; it was nice, but it wasn't Ragnarok Online. Too linear, and most of the job skills, especially the raw damage ones, don't stay valid as you keep pushing forward. I think there were a few revamps since then, though, so odds are i'm way out of date.

Maybe like the summer RO guild, there'll be a winter ToS guild resurgence.

It's the cutest, comfiest, prettiest piece of shit to ever stain the internet.

Private servers so far off it's practically never

Yes.

Can you go back to wanking to 2007 solo bossing videos from filipino PINOY?champions, acid demonstration spam and autopot?
ew

I just want a game where i can wander aimlessly and beat up monsters while exploring the world. Gimme a pathway between a variety of towns with a bunch of, if not weak then at least non-aggressive and most likely cute, monsters, which i slap with spammed moves to drain my SP, pick up their phat lewts that they shoot out like pinatas, and keep walking to my possibly non-existent destination secure in the notion that i can regen SP while moving, and all the while nice, smooth, comfy music plays. ToS was a railroad themepark with changing gear out every seven levels and a bunch of music that sounded too much like Dynasty Warriors action marches.

And furthermore, go fuck yourself with that pinoy shit; i had to deal with the thai waves of SEA faggots in iRO open beta, yelling 555 every ten seconds.

Actually try BDO.
It's not overly cute, but you can wander aimlessly and beat up harmless mobs while discovering relatively large towns.
Just don't pay for it, try russian server or something.

I quit after they glitched the drop tables and punished players for exploiting it even though they've been fine with AFK necros fucking up the market forever.

isn't BDO free?

It's shit

No the NA/EU version.
Despite keeping cash shop fully intact from korean's f2p version.

Anyone looking for an MMO to play should check out the single-account Dofus server that's opening next month. The base game is pretty good but at the moment it's really stagnant as the economy is top heavy as all hell and the game is dominated by poopsockers playing up to 8 characters at once. The new server will forbid this and a lot of old players will coming back to have a look as the prevalence of multiboxing drove a lot of them off. It's definitely worth trying out as it's going to be mobbed for the first week or so since it will be a completely new server.

I like the game, but there's too many shitty design choices to give it staying power.

It's shit.

Link to that?
And how is the game compared to Wakfu?

I'd rather play Wakfu that isn't shit.
When will Wakfu stop being shit?

It was announced on the Dofus site. It could possibly be delayed but next month is planned.

Dofus has a lot more content both in terms of things to do and mobs/dungeons to smash your way through. There are various side activities like treasure hunting and an assload of (somewhat boring but often rewarding) quests, and you can even breed mounts to get the desired characteristics (this will be really big money on a new server starting out as mounts provide pretty significant stat bonuses). As for PvP there's the Kollosium which is an inter-server 3v3 Matchmaking system (there's 1v1 too but 1v1 is a joke since ranged classes with MP rape will murder the shit out of everyone). More freeform PvP involves fighting over Perceptors and Alliance Prisms. Perceptors are NPCs placed by a guild that will gather resources from mobs in the region they're placed as people kill mobs there, however other guilds can kill your perceptors to take the drops unless you defend them. Prisms give alliances (groups of guilds) control over a region which is useful for transport and can provide some other bonuses that are a bit too hard to explain succinctly. There's also Allignment PvP between Brakmar and Bonta but that doesn't seem to be terribly active.

Besides that combat in Dofus is a bit less over the top, damage and health figures are more reasonable and there's more emphasis on positioning and MP removal. Mobs generally seem to be more challenging than they are in Wakfu, endgame dungeons require a lot of teamwork and planning. Build and gear variety is a lot greater as well, there are a lot of potential builds for any given class. Some further complexity is added by the fact the main damage stats have secondary effects, Intelligence (Fire) boosts heals, so if you want to heal you will go for Int, Strength boosts damage in both Earth and Neutral so is good for dodging resistance figures, Agility boosts dodge and lock so is mandatory for tanks but generally useful for anyone. There are some other effects but they don't effect combat so I won't mention them.

Class balance is a lot better in Dofus with no class being particularly bad, although ranged DPS is generally the most popular class archetype. Similarly to pre-deck Wakfu you also have access to all your spells at once, and there are even common spells that any class can use like summoning Chafers and Arachnees. Currently this is limited somewhat as you need spell points to max out spells, you only get 200 of these from leveling up, the rest require spell point scrolls which are earned from the Kollosium, however they're considering changing this system at the end of the year.

tl;dr: Dofus puts Wakfu to shame and Wakfu will never stop being shit.

I still like Wakfu more.

Oh shit nigger, I don't wanna pay to do quests.

Yes it's shit.
It's cookie cutter generic bland MMORPG

Don't bother wasting time in it

Once you reach level 140+ in Dofus you can sustain sub by doing a daily quest thing a few times a month and selling the rewards (this could be as many as 12 times a month at 140ish, as little as 5 or 6 at 200 as the rewards scale up).

That's goyim logic.
I'd legit pay once to own a game if it's good.
But paying a bit and then becoming enslaved by the game's repetitive and boring ass quests in order to not pay is bullshit.

Welp I dunno. If you dislike quests Dofus really isn't for you in the first place, there's a metric fucktonne of them.