Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood general

THE LALAFELL IS IMMUNIZED AGAINST ALL DANGERS EDITION

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 4.06a

Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:

List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/

Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/

Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/

XIV Database - xivdb.com/

FF logs - fflogs.com/

ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/

Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client

Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus

Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.

2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY IS REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD though Stormblood jobs do not require story, just level 50

3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs

4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort

5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge

6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 70, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50

6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)

8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards

You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account

Shitpost about cats, GCD, ACT, and how shitty Balmung and Gilgamesh are.

Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus
Neo Wheels Order : An FC with players coming back for the expansion. Some newbies, many veterans, shitposting and complaining about baddies all around. Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Cydrin Lanbatal, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.

There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mhih Wilzuu, Cydrin Lanbatal, Aurora Soulwood, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite.

The Lalafell is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a potato and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/346409
youtu.be/uPinO9KQQdA?t=418
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a38abd95e487c633b8cb17040673c979ba32ec2d
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8a52bd7a53b35763f5afee2b6160f7b5f0ec8e30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHEN IS THE FUCKING PATCH

anyone have any good advice on teaching a duty finder party half full of sprouts how to dodge divebombs in t5?

ez tell them to uninstall

How the hell did you get T5 in duty finder?

waiting in a really long queue

I'd just alt+f4 by that point

GAS THE LALAFELL, RACE WAR NOW

Why do you like to torture yourself?

Anyone know the fastest why to grind out light for relic weapons now?

how the fuck do you fuck up shortstacks?
lalafell are the only short race that is just unfuckable. and i love midgets, gnomes gobbos and kobolds make me rock hard

Spam A1S, you can clear it with a full group under 10 minutes with solo healer

Doing the Realm Reborn relic weapon does heavensward content count for it?

If you have the complete ARR relic, you can skip the first phase on HW relic. But doing the first phase is faster than getting the complete ARR relic. Peoples only doing the first relic for glamour

Yeah I know that is why I'm doing it. But there is a step for it that requires grinding light as well. I want to know if doing heavensward content will get light for the ARR relic weapon.

Maybe or you can try joining some lame pony farm party, you get light from EX primal fight

10/10
Screencap this faggot

What happened if you're wrong?

Lalafells are totally fuckable though. There not really much different from Harvin.

Why do I have a size difference fetish? Whether the male or females are smalles it just makes stuff hotter.

you will win your Ramza minion on 1st week of Ivalice.

That's right it's no philadelphia, its size difference. She's 300 years old!

goddamn i really wanted to start nofap today

Because you're the king of south east asia and identify with the literal midget.

Are you on your phone, user?

It's not just small women giant women also do it for me it is just that 2 people having sex with a radical size difference. I don't know where it came from.

Yes

I did manually type out Philadelphia to be silly though

post knighturai

Playable Viera when?

I see hating the chosen race who finances all of you is in full swing

Wasn't there an MMO that had one race of lolis and one race of shortstacks?

I fucking love loli, but lalafells loke like oversized babies to me. Major turn off personally.

Blade & soul?

fuck off with your "loli makes you a pedo" shit. I'm the kind of person who'd be first in line to shiv a pedo.

For the record I love shortstack as well. Midna a best

Help me, the grind is too much. I'm getting flashback of atma farming before the nerf

gobbos are the true best shortstack race

Reminder that catboys are the one defense against the potato gentrification

I like short girl but having the physique of a 10 years old kid turn me off. Short girls =/= looking like a 10 years old

These Ixal quests are absolute shit. Please tell me the Moogle quests aren't this bad.

they're a lot more tolerable

Moogle quests are at least twenty times better than Ixal since there is no fishing.

I take back what I said about frontlines, full PvP or nothing. Funny thing is that, Maelstorm doesn't have a single healer on their team and still won

They are also a lot easier to craft the required item with appropriate gear for the level.

I never ever friend lallafells they're usually PS4 fags or cancerous memers!

what you dont like having to HQ crafting items while wearing level 3 gloves and having your CP capped at 100?

It's almost over jesus

godfuckingdammit

You don't need to heal if the enemy is dead

yes who would have thought that actually pvping in the pvp game mode was a good idea

Are you kidding? I thought 15 each was getting ridiculous.

Welcome to hell, user. Next step is getting every crafting class to 70.

the amount increase after every weapon, 30 medals is the maximum but 30x3 is just too much with the fucking RNG

That's why you leave the 3 in Outer La Noscea for last, because there's 2 FATEs that spawn right beside each other one after the other, so you can farm them easily. It's mindless and time consuming, but easy.

Fuck, I really wish I'd known that. The last two or three weapons have only required 15 medals so I assumed that it stopped. Why are Japs so fucking stupid?

Yeah, I didn't realize it for my last 3, so I had to run around Eastern Thanalan and large areas like that for my last 3.

Also anons, is there a really good guide for leveling all my crafters simultaneously?

the fuck happened to the pvp? Healer suddenly become the most OP class ever

I think my server is dying. We were pretty big, but ever since Stormblood it has been so damn empty.

hell i only do it for the extra creation tomes each week.
the salt mine from that alone sustains me for months

Got that shit on the 2nd month of the 1st time around.
Don't know why I did it. I hate that mount

Wat do?

Could be worst. My current static was formed when we turned against the raid leader for being a shit so we kicked him out and replaced him.

Wait till 4.1 and form your own or look at party finder. There will be more people around then.

If you aren't on at least O3S, I wouldn't bother until the next raid cycle to find a worthawhile static.

if you don't have at least up until 3s cleared, do that with pugs. there's a good chance you'll stumble upon a static that needs a sub for the night and it'll be an easy clear. that's how I got all mine.

PLD with iLVL 316 here. Should I keep grinding Lakshmi until I have enough accessories to be at 320 to start on O1S or just go for it?

if you have the money, pentamelded crafted accessories are BIS for all tanks

I've been utterly ignoring materia the entire playthrough but I guess it's about time to start caring about it.

all gear, including raid drops, now have materia slots so yes, it's a bit important. to keep the costs down, run as many hunts as you can.

O1S and O2S are doable at ilvl310

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/346409
Letter from the Producer digest is out.

I'm down for all of this.

I got dropped before I could even try out O2S…

don't sweat it. it's a bit of memorization but all the mechanics are simpler to execute than even 1s.

Yeah, I saw a bit of the fight and it ultimately seems pretty simple when you understand it unlike O1S and its direction shit. I heard the same when comparing O4S to O3S

What kind of jew tactic are they trying to pull? The weapon looks exactly the same for every class.

1 is piss easy so long as everyone knows where they're going and remembers that. 3 has more directiony stuff but not much harder but actual rng in mechanics so you have to think a little bit. 4 has less rng than 3 but is long as fuck and puts a ton of stress on tanks and healers but overall isnt too hard

i did it boys

How did you manage to do it?
Me & my pals are struggling with Savage V.3 because we recruit half of the team through duty finder.

well u see, you attack it so that it dies before you die.
as for 3, I got my clear by subbing for a static

flat au ras

are you not ashamed of posting these disgusting animals?

no

Why is your lizard so flat?

Get out and stay out. Better yet, go back to halfchan where you belong.

i'll shitpost here until i'm unbanned on halfchan
stay mad faggot

I sure will. Get out avatarfag.

n

I dunno, the post 2.x hildy quests feel less fun

yeah I get that too, they just feel like fanservice at this point.
Which they are but in this already mediocre expansion I'm really not looking forward to it.

pf it like an autist

I've seen about half to two-thirds of the fight overall, but none of this actually seems hard. It's just a matter of dodging the idiots who can't comprehend what they're being told.

On a related note, knockback immunity is a sick joke. It doesn't work when it'd be useful. It doesn't work when it not working would be annoying. But it absolutely will work when you actually want to get knocked back.

Got the clear at last. Joined a clear party that did not list duty complete and only had 1 chest. Actually survived through most of the fight and got to limit break the boss. God bless those people.

So I literally was not permitted to chat except publicly on the free trial. Given how that is the most important part of an MMO I quit. Anyone else have a similar experience?

gee I wonder why. definitely nothing to do with preventing gold spam

???
meh

yeah it does a great job too, I only see 20+ gold spam messages every time I transition between zones!

Used to be that you got 20+ gold spam messages as you're going about your day PMed directly to you.

this only happens to me in the starting cities, even then I haven't seen it much lately, in the past 3 days zoning in/out of them, 0 times, could just be lucky though

PATCH 4.1 OCTOBER 10TH

i came here to laugh at you because i did it with my group of friends and it was fucking hilarious watching them try to figure out what was wrongi came clean eventually. we all had a good chuckle

So which tank class is best to raid with now?

war best MT, pld best OT. drk is simply OK at either but makes doing certain mechanics harder because it's easier to just cheese them with the other two. most notably thunder 3 in exdeath and neo exdeath.

damn, cuz i wanted to try out DRK cuz i mained pally in 2.0 - 3.0, and i have a bias against WAR

Bring it on.

don't get me wrong; you can still clear everything pretty easily and job imbalances are insignificant when compared to the difference personal skill makes.

Have a trailer. I can't WebM so someone else will have to.
Shinryu EX looks fun

owo what's this

Yeah I already knew that.

That's the Taurus Zodiac Stone from FF Tactics. While we still know almost nothing about the plot of Return to Ivalice, we are almost assuredly going on a scavenger hunt for all 12 (13?) of the Zodiac Stones/Holy Auracite.

That's the Taurus Zodiac Stone from FF Tactics. While we still know almost nothing about the plot of Return to Ivalice, we are almost assuredly going on a scavenger hunt for all 12 (13?) of the Zodiac Stones/Holy Auracite.

Is that fucking Ramza?

and Delita too. Also apparently we get to fight some of the espers from FF12/Lucavi from FFT. I recognized Mateus and Hashmal for sure, but I'm not 100% on the third one in the trailer.

Impossible

WAR is the only tank that can't solo tank Zurvan back in HW.
only have 6 second window and you can't move compare to Hallowed Ground and Living Dead which have 10 second window

It's incredibly useful in o3s as WAR can holmgang every other buster

thats not true, or was ever true

helo what is holmgang? it's also on a far shorter cooldown than the others, also has the exact same cd as benediction too. vengeance being a 2 minute cd and having a large array of mitigation cds that work perfectly fine in deliverance makes the job so glorious at MTing, while PLD having tons of OT specific utility like cover and intervention make pld the king of OT.

user willed it into being.

you're right you only needed everyone to give you literally every survivability buff so you could survive with 1300 hp! holmgang was horrible for that fight, not like it really matters, what with it being an expac ago.
Watch out O5S they're going to make you… pay slight attention to the floor and see what the boss is casting. This expac has been a let down. Easy as shit content, poor class balance, and a lot of it just felt like filler with no real direction main quest wise.

Try solo tank zurvan in a sync fight and see how holmgang gonna help you with demon's claw

Here's a tip for O3S, awareness have 25 second duration, if you active it 15 second before tank buster hit, you will always have the CD ready for it.

Fuck, finally clear O3S with a bunch of pugs on PF. Fucking miracle

and i was compared the ultimate abilities you dipshit

benediction and free ability heals m8. mana is a non issue for healers unless they have to raise 2+ times, plus you need more than just awareness to mitigate critical hit unless you're cheesing it with holmgang, in which case you only use that.

also war has inner beast for on demand 20% for 6 seconds (not just a single hit like shitron), and a whole slew of other mitigation so they don't even need it

Seems legit, I bet you're a blast for O4S groups

free ogcds are really high stress eh? and even if you didn't want to cheese half the tank busters, war has more mitigation than drk with innerbeast for every buster + whatever other cds it feels like.

drk is just worst mitigation and worst damage out of all the tanks

alright

You know PLD and DRK can combo TBN and Sheltron with whatever cds it feels like too, and that's not even including their main CD which is Living Dead and Hallowed Ground. Also, holmgang cannot be used if there's no enemy to tether, so if you messed up, you cannot recover from your mistake.

you clearly have zero concept of midcore or higher raiding if you think healers should be spending gcds when they have free instants to heal with.

drk has fewer mitigation abilities than warrior to use with TBN. you've got your 3 minute 30%, and that's fuckin it aside from role skills. warrior has raw intuition and thrill of battle on top of their 30% reduction being only 2 minute cd. it's also got equilibrium for a nice self burst heal.
that's literally never an issue.

WE BANGAA NOW

There is for zurvan demon's claw

You could solo tank it. You just couldn't invuln cheese demon claw. You could either, actually do the mechanic (don't even need another tank to do it because the fight was so badly undertuned, a DPS with shields could take the front man spot and live). Skip it all together with high raid DPS. Or just let the tank die to it and swift cast rez right away.

Not doing to read all the faggotry going on in here, but in terms on tank CDs it is WAR>PLD>>>>DRK. Mostly due to war having more on lower CDs.

nope, whoever take the first hit will certainly die except for OT

youtu.be/uPinO9KQQdA?t=418

yes, pretty irrelevant.

holy shit, that's hilarious. So you're really that bad

you use it once on pull for aggro but after that it's purely for healing. you don't have the slightest clue how tanks are properly played if you think drk is anything but flat out worse on dps and mitigation than the other two tanks. Sorry, but your job sucks.

yeah hold on big healing coming through stand aside WHM warrior's the new game in town

continue to display your ignorance of actual raiding pls

Should I be using TBN off cooldown on DRK?
Even when OTing?

generally no. it's a bit more complex than a simple yes or no, but if you plan on being on the target for more than 20s, then planning on TBN for a dps gain via Bloodspiller isn't going to be as good as just using the MP for Dark Arts. in short, *most* of the time, DA is better than TBN. in short bursts it can work out, but that's hard to time, and only worth it if the bubble pops and gives you blood.

in about 90% of the situations, DA will be a better use of your mana. the exception of course being if you can help save someone's life (i.e. TBN on a guy with a vuln debuff or something).

The fuck is this difficulty spike?

He says as he thinks the massive cure 1 of heals matters.
If you need to use it for it's intended purpose you're a fucking moron and need a better healer. Although with "lol warrior has the best mitigation" I can see why your healers are overtaxed

it's one less ability or god forbid, a gcd that a healer has to spend on you, and costs you fuckin nothing.

warrior has objectively more and better mitigation than DRK. prove me wrong, shitter.

That was a pretty good learning experience, but I'm probably not getting a clear this week. Oh well.

She's a killer GM who likes to pull shenanigans during her mechanics, like putting a tether on the guy with the stack marker so he swaps places with one of the spread marked guys before they blow up. Or, well, the entirety of the library phase.
She's also designed around a minimum ilvl of 320, which happened to be the cap before Omega Savage was released, so while it was really easy to outgear Alte Roite and Catastrophe on release, there is a much smaller window for that with Hali as there's only so many Creation Tomes you could have by now and only so many weeks' worth of Omega Savage gear to be gotten.
If your group's not communicating positioning for Queen's Waltz, that is probably going to be the source of most of your wipes.

all right, which one of you cunts is Theodric on the official Lore forums?

Actually its shit like Apanda and Magic Hammer that keep getting us.

if you're having trouble with the apanda bonking the tank, have the melee lb3 it. it's not optimal but it's better than it staying up too long and enraging. though at this point there should be no way you can't kill it fast enough

Apanda should be pulled relatively close to Hali. The melee DPS and tanks should bait Magic Hammer into the center of the room (while also staying in their respective tiles). Ranged DPS and Healers should bait Magic Hammer into the corners furthest from the center of the room. Once Queen's Waltz hits, everyone should be able to avoid Magic Hammer by moving to the corner opposite the one they were standing in.
Made a crappy image to illustrate this. The red x's are where everyone should stand to bait out Magic Hammer, and the green circles are where they should move once Queen's Waltz hits.

It's been like this since 2nd coil.

its not so bad when you have friends seething at the RNG drop rates with you
also its finally fucking over
pussy wagon obtained

Veteran rewards are getting changed, now the only Veteran rewards are the Cloud/Zidane/Firion/Squall armor sets, everything else will be purchasable in New Gridania for Achievement certificates.

Not only that, but all four armor sets will be available with 330 days subbed, whereas before you needed 720 for just Cloud's, and 1,440 for all of them.
This apparently has pissed off some whales, because they're crying about players who spent less money than them getting the outfits.

Yep. I'm just happy to get the Zidane and Firion armors. Will probably never use them but eh.

SE doesn't always make the right decisions, but when they do, it's perfect

If they could start making decisions on more inventory space and more Armory Chest space that'd be great. I'm running out of room while crafting.

I feel bad for the guys who just finally got Squall's set after just subscribing normally monthly. Now everyone is going to have them. Also I'm not going to get the Firion barding.

more of a case of people playing for years, not that people buy years of sub upfront just for those sets

Is this the point where I just start spamming leves instead of making every recipe once?

i do. when they first announced vet rewards there were dozens of people in game showing off their tier 3+ veteran rewards in mor dhona, all because they had subbed for an entire year just to qualify for the rewards.

yes.

get CUL to 37 first for steady hand 2. it makes a lot of shit go smoother

Wasn't that removed with the change to Role Actions?

You can still use other class skills as DoH.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Right now.

You'll be able to buy the ex-veteran reward stuff with achievement points, apparently.

The change to Role Actions only affected combat classes.

Shit, nice. I guess I gotta get on that.

i joined the noodle club today boys

Why the gods like to torment me so?

the fuck are you doing user?

That's part of the reason why I was levelling crafters, was to get the Ixal quests done, user. I wanted to get the others caught up to my GSM.

Why? it doesn't resolve anything and I'm tired of the excuses they use to enable this shit

Why don't these faggots make an actual clear party instead of "plz help carry my stupid ass" party.

in our defense, we 1-shot it. but yeah, most of the time those guys are just cunts looking for a carry.

I unsubbed 3 months ago. Is it worth it coming back yet?

I rolled catboi because I'm a faggot.
Then I saw Pipin and I think I broke.
I only understand Lalas now.

No, and it probably never will be. Square isn't interested in making a good game, just a passable engine in which to show off their art assets.

For those attempting to catch the Mazlaya Marlin for Fisher 50, perhaps using unorthodox bait might yield better results.

Finally got that O3S clear. Joined a static that lost their off-tank and after around 90 minutes of wiping due to trouble with the second mindjack, we pulled through. God bless those people.
It'd be great to push through O4S before the patch, but I'm pretty happy with making this much progression. Now I can focus on grinding gil to help my FC get a house when Shirogane opens up.

Anybody know if they are adding the crafting beat job quests in 4.1?

Pretty sure Koujin are combat

goddammit well better get started on grinding out leves

What said. They will just keep repeating the same tired content formula until it's not profitable anymore.

I was cautiously optimistic when I heard 4.0 was going to have triple the budget of 3.0, then I began seeing all these weird fucking collab events and my heart sunk. Nearly all the additional funding went into marketting.

They didn't even try to be different with the amount they did have though, they just played it safe and remade 3.0 with a different coat of paint over the top.

It's so fucking repetitive I can tell
exactly when the beast tribe crafting will come out, try the 8th or 15th of May 2018.

There will be a new custom delivery in Rhalgr's that gives xp and scrips so that might help speed it up a little,

4.1 preliminary patch notes are out.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a38abd95e487c633b8cb17040673c979ba32ec2d
Not listed: New shiba minion.

I wonder how doing dungeon with squadron members gonna played out, could be interesting for dps to level up, no more long queue time

Finally, fuck.

Why? There's nothing good to spend them on. Same with GC seals. Nah, GC seals are actually really good for starting to level desynth.

You can buy 230 and 260 gear with poetics since 4.0, which can help bridge the gap between desynthing Heavensward gear and desynthing Stormblood gear.

nice. gives war some unique party utility that can be buffed conditionally. i mean, i'm hardly ever in defiance during O1-O3s, but it's nice to know during Apanda and Giant/Ninja's i can help mitigate raid damage with more than just Reprisal. the fact that it procs off of IB is great too, since it means you'll get a 12% damage shield more often than not when you're in Defiance. RI would be good to use it with as well, since outside of combo'ing it with Awareness on OS3, RI doesn't get much use in omega savage thanks to all the god damn magic damage.

probably a net gain tbh. the real winner there is 30s Geirskogul and only needing 3 eyes for LotD instead of 4. now Geirskogul lines up much better with Jump/SSD and only needing 3 eyes means LotD in 30s from the start instead of 60ish.

not sure what to think. seems better? more reliable, bit less RNG, still get punished for death pretty hard, but a 3s cast time on pet seems like their way to kinda make up for it and the loss of pet heal. the Devotion change is welcome, since it's a nice low-level buff that affects everyone. a 2% increase in raid dps is no joke. here's hoping it lasts at least 20s though.

how about just giving tanks fucking bloodbath back SE?

Bloodbath was never that useful to begin with. It was only ever used for Vengence and Steel cyclone/Decimate.

Hopefully this means Divine Veil will affect the PLDs too cuz this is just a better Divine Veil.

This is the death knell

Only five dungeons are available while doing this, and all five of them are dungeons that you can solo unsynched.
The feature is a downgrade to just going in on your own. It does not benefit anyone beyond the novelty of its existence.

There is a god

Not to mention you will have to have cleared it before being able to do it this way anyways.

should I undercut it or sell it at the same price?

Good god, I finally got the glowing pussy wagon and I fucking hate that shit. What the fuck am I doing

You don't have to sell them all at once. Piecemeal it.

supply and demand goy, do you even merchant?
less supply + high demand = profit

Of course, Schlomo. Who else did I learn from but my greatest ally?

check sale history, user. if there hasn't been any sold at the current MB price in over a week, i'd undercut by a decent amount or even down to the last sold price and don't put all of them up at once.

I see you, you fucker.

Should have waited till 4.1 when you could at least have your chocobo help. That's what I'm doing at this point

Why couldn't WAR quests be this great?

Wait, what? What does that mean? Do you not already use your chocobo when grinding FATEs?

No to grind fates for yokai watch event you need to have a minion out as well. Currently you cannot have a minion and a chocobo summoned. They are changing this in the next patch though.

I really hope you called him out for being a fucking shitter

I think I'm just gonna stick with SAM, as fun as actually getting to play DRG is.

they're changing LotD to only need 3 eyes in the new patch. that means ~30s from 0 eyes to get into LotD instead of 60. stay the course user.

nigga, war is the hildibrand of the job quest lines. outside of the initial 30-50 stuff, it's been pretty much a humorous bro-fest filled with curious gorge puns.

the drg quest was pretty balls awesome though

It's time, hope the server crash and the no life faggots waste their time trying to log in all night

I really would like to have a house but fuck all the bullshit it takes to get one. I don't understand why they cannot just make more wards to meet demand. Also put in an official way for players to sell houses between each other.

This, I dont know why they can't implement this feature. Buying house from players cost twice as much because you have to pay the player to relinquish the land and then you have to buy the land. This is ridiculous

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539

Full patch notes are out, faggots.

Still just another theme park that's pretty to look at
I feel embarrassed as to how much money I've spent on this

are you actually retarded user?

Tonight

anyone else getting absurdly slow speeds with the patch? was at 7.2MBps then dropped.

As far as I know, everyone.

apparently some people are downloading it just fine. PS4 supposedly having no issues.

Excuse me?

it's fixed now. finished dl.
any news on whether or not we can get more jump pots with the patch?

I'm not a fucking faggot, so no; I have no idea about casual pots.

leveling alt jobs to 60 is cancer. rather do literally nothing than that

I have every job to 60 and four to 70(except fucking rouge/nin which I haven't and will not unlock). Stop being a lazy shit and go lvl. It's not hard.

The Raen are underwater cowards

What's wrong with market board, user?

How would you rate the 30-50, 50-60, and 60-70 Dark Knight questlines?

10/10, 6/10 and 9/10 respectively

ive only done 30-50 and i thought it was p good

curse my shitty internet, at least I got a small plot in a fairly nice location

Meanwhile on Lamia the guild got their house at plot 8 plus 2 members got one too right next to the guild house.

How the hell did they got that much money?

I got my house, I just didn't get the FC house

Oh wow it wasn't error 90k from the word go?

We even got the one with access to sekrit onsens, 8th ward 8th plot

lyse pozzed confirmed

Any autist rushed the new raids yet? Any good?

So because I'm a typical merchant, I manage to get 2 houses, 1 in shirogane and 1 in mist, both are small house. Should I sell it now while demand are high or hold on to it. The PF is full of WTB richfag

Surefire way to get yourself reported and banned. Buying and selling houses right now is like trying to do a drug deal at an active crime scene. Lotta folks who didn't get houses are actively trying to get reseller housing confiscated. A few people have been nailed already.

What? why? is it against the rule to sell your house? i'm out of ov vey pic

bow down ground plebs

Is anyone else noticing how often the phrase "Regardless of race or creed" is being brought up in the new content?

Guess we know where that triple funding went to

anyone know how to get the new, squat, pushup and situps emotes yet?

We're on the wrong side of this conflict. Garlemald did nothing wrong.

how close to bis are you fags for your main?

not at all

I'm very close to happiness because I have 1 day left on my sub and Stormblood was just more skinner box bullshit and I don't know why I thought it'd be different

all video games are skinner boxes, user

I am going to have a look see in moon and determine whether this is English localisation team bullshit or genuine about tomorrow. Because lately, the original script and English diverge so much I have to switch the voice back to English. And also …

Have not finished the new MSQ yet, Shinryuu comes first. I think maybe by the time the arc ends, it is going to backfire hard and the lesson is something like this: "People have their differences' some are reconcilable and some are not; peace does not mean race mix (I still remember that quest line where a catgirl and a human ended up going to get married) or hold hands and sing; it just leaves each other the fuck alone; help when needed; but mostly going their own way and try not to be a dick." Japanese sometime pull this, build a cliché and then serve a big fat chunk of deconstruction right in its face and then grill it hard to explain that why these shits do not work.

The entire arc is "Hey we shouldn't have a king because our last king was fucking crazy, instead let's get everyone together to discuss our options", culminating in letting the Qalyana into the throne room where they summon Lakshmi. Lyse runs out and frees Fordola, and there's a scene at the end of the guy running Ala Gannha going "I can't forgive you, but I do thank you."
It's not the worst.

anyone got some cool floor/wall combinations to consider for our new houses?

Nowhere near it, I'm afraid. I don't quite have the patience to grind out high quality 320 jewelry or the inclination to buy it, and apparently that shit is best in slot for WAR at the moment. I only got into Omega Savage four weeks ago, too, so I'm nowhere near 340 gear in any slot. Odds are I'll be just close enough to ease into the next tier when it comes out, at best.

320 gear is cheap as shit now. the real pain is pentamelding them but materia prices are at an all time low now due to the materia retrieval thing.

It kills 80 percent of possible player interaction in any mmo that it's featured in. Bartering, price gouging, and other capitalistic gameplay elements go out the window.

convenience >>>> letting a handful of players be ultra-kikes

Well, that was easy.

Just because some players are ultra kikes and some are fucking idiots who always get scammed by them doesn't mean you sterilize the entire process and players never end up interacting in one the most important aspects of an MMO, the economy.

Been trying to do the new 24 man and Hashmal is as fuck cool. But man the average player base becomes worse and worse as times goes on.

but people do interact with the economy, it's just in a streamlined fashion as to prevent making buying or selling stuff cancer.

I ran it with a party finder group, we ended up wiping to Mateus 3 times and Hashmar 3 times. Both bosses no one focused the adds the first two runs. When you see 3 identical adds in a triangle formation, you fucking kill them.

I'm just glad I don't need any loot from it. Cuz I can't imagine the head ache it would be to clear this more than once on the earlier weeks.

Honestly, Hashmal feels like cheap, gay bullshit. If you're not perfectly positioned, his fire claw will kill you instantly. And by instantly, I mean it'll take 90% of your health, then the bleed will tick for another 60%. And even if you manage to outrun any of his mechanics, there's a solid chance you'll get RNG fucked and people will stack pools over the raid. I did it. Finished the whole zone on my second time getting in, accidentally grabbed tank loot instead of healing loot, but that was just a silly mistake. The fact still stands that it's a gay fight.

I was in a group that wiped on Hashmal somewhere around six times. We dropped after the next boss, too, due to too many wipes and people bailing.
It was fun.

are you retarded user? you get a huge amount of time to dodge those

So is the new content fun enough to warrant a month of resub?

It's against the rules to blatantly flip real estate. As the other dude said, it's like drug dealers trying to do business in an active crime scene right now. Wait it out then flip.

Does the armor look good in the new 24 man?

The level of salt from this is amazing. I can't believe there are people retarded enough to still give SE money over a virtual house. Are they brand new or did they forget the housing situation that has remained stagnant over the last several years?

What did you expect? SE has gone current year due to their left-leaning fanbase. Those retards are still defending the cash shop.

We should have known after HW was more of the same of ARR. I think a lot of people were just delusional and felt things could change, but it's obvious now that Yoshi is just going to keep copying and pasting ARR for every single expac. Also, Yoshi and SE are total jews. They got pissed over the playerbase wanting a solution to the glamour problem when it was solved by larger mmos years ago and they instead decided to focus on inane bs like verminion. The whole squadron partying with you was a major let-down. It can only be used in 1.0 dungeons.

That's because higher level players are abandoning the game in greater numbers and you're just left with the shitters and those late to the party. It's going to get worse and the cash shop bs is going to become more prevalent as SE tries to milk their whales harder before moving on.
>na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8a52bd7a53b35763f5afee2b6160f7b5f0ec8e30

It looks like shit. The Syracus Tower raid had the overall best armor sets and they've failed to match it since.

It depends, but if you unsubbed because you got tired of the game then it's going to be more of the same. If you're new, then you'll have fun.

The lalafell that they used for that mount promo looked like he was being held against his will. It was way too meta for me.

I meant raids. That includes everything from labyrinth to cloud. The void ark gear sets were awful and it didn't start getting better until dun scaith. The caster paints from weeping were nice though.

I like what they are trying to do with the samurai and healer gear making them be based on f.samurai and Oran but i can't figure out what the tanking one is supposed to be. Looks like a mix between Knight and the Templar's armor.

Not surprising. I was already suspicious of potential propaganda way back in vanilla when Minfilia mentioned something similar in the late story missions where you counter attack the Empire. The Empire did nothing wrong.

It's supposed to be a revision of the Knight set. Also the MCH/BRD set is Mustadio's gear.

Friendly reminder that a system similar to this was also in Lord of the Rings Online, which is a goddamn ancient game, and it was significantly more sophisticated than it is in XIV.

After all of the marketing that I've seen for the ff15 mobile game, I came to the conclusion that ff14 is really just SE's way to milk retards. I'm not saying everyone that plays ff14 is retarded, but that there are enough whales that play that it keeps things afloat. The glamour system was perfected back in city of heroes over a decade ago. It's obvious that SE doesn't care about quality and I'm not sure if Yoshi does either, if he ever did or if he was broken over time.

I'm not sure how they handled it, but it's probably similar to how RIFT and GW2 handle it. Which is to say perfectly.

Also, on the subject of old games that blow XIV out of the water, I encourage everyone to casually investigate RIFT's player housing system. I remember being new to the game and some guy had purchased a 'plot' in a volcano zone and built a giant platforming maze for new players. He'd wait at the end and give you money if you managed to beat it.

No. One boring dungoen with incredibly sleepy music that will make it even more boring. They're easy pulls all the way to the end and mobs have stupid high HP to make it even more boring.

The 24 is kinda fun but pretty boring when you're spending almost 1.5 - 2 hours inside running it with shitters who can't comprehend standing at their team markers.

I fucked around in shin ex and he's pretty much os3 difficulty but I'm losing my desire to really raid anymore kinda just burned out from it all. Fun fight thought I havent seen to many pfs up for him. I imagine pug clears will be limited for a while.

Msq and Hildebrand I skipped cause the story is gay and that last fucking isntsnce was such a snoozefest and long.

Gathering and crafting are updated and I'm a bit salty cause I spent a lot melding the gear we had expecting new gear in 4.3. it is also a huge fucking grind. So depending on what you enjoy doing user, it's pretty bland and you will be back to the same grind routine within 2 weeks with one new ex and a raid where shitters will extend your fight by an hour.

Oh and housing was gone in 5 minutes on pretty much every server so that's still fucked. I got a personal mansion faggots :^)

Godbert confirmed redpilled

Nigger if you sprint you have time to run from one side of the arena to the other with five seconds to spare get fucking good.

Yo, does anyone know where to get the /ritualprayer emote that was listed in the update?

(checked)
I mean the overall entire arc of post-Stormblood up until around 4.3 maybe.

(checked)
Yes, indeed.

Also, where can I get a new female haircut style. The double buns style is accessible, but the single bun where? Checked Gold Saucer, not there either.

There's a very special moment in the arc where Fordola gets an echo vision of you and your journey, particularly the extremely rough and heartwrenching times. The loss of best character, the temptation of the eyes of niddhogg, and all the gut-busters in-between. For me, it felt really good to see someone else in the world experience whole-heartedly what the WOL has been through, and seriously question their convictions. It shatters them, seeing what we've been through. It only serves to humble them even more when you just answer: Because I choose to. At this point in the story, we're basically an unstoppable force that can just be thrown at any problem to fix it, something that a few characters have pointed out very bluntly. But it's interesting to see how they react when they realize how we've gotten to this point.

Wew lad these people go from smart to retarded with the flip of a switch.

We wiped a couple of times to him, but he wasn't bad. If you make it to the last boss, make sure to CLICK on the circles, not just stand on them. And kill the shades quickly.

Just wait until you realize that the WoL is a primal. Everyone believes in him hard enough that he actually becomes powerful enough to do whatever they think he can. There's also only one per world, hence why people think he can slay gods on his own. When really pivotal points in time come up, ie. boss fights, multiple timelines compress, forcing several WoLs into the same place at the same time.

The last boss doesn't have circles to click on, that's Drift King. We managed last boss first try.

My bad, I stayed up late fighting them and they've kind of blended together.

Also wasn't it satisfying getting to murder Argus again?

I actually haven't played Tactics. I've only played Tactics Advance.

Basically Argus (Argath in the newer translations) is some barely-highborn squire who you rescue early on in FFT, who proceeds to talk down to every lowborn you encounter, including Delita, your best friend. Eventually Delita's sister gets taken hostage, and while Ramza and Delita are trying to rescue her, the bad guy uses her as a human shield, so Argus shoots her with a crossbow bolt and then him, then goes on his usual spiel about how she's just a commoner and doesn't matter.

It's hard to explain in brief without playing the game, but basically every cutscene he's in is designed to make you hate him more. He tells Ramza he's an idiot for being friends with Delita, insists that commoners only exist to be servants to nobles, et cetera. He does have one of his best quotes in the game, though:

Argath: "Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our animals!!"
Commoner: "Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!"
Argath: "It's the Will of Heaven!"
Commoner: "Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes, all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!"
Argath: "Animals have no God!!"

If you saw the line, "the gods have no eyes for chattel!" during the final fight, that was in reference to the above exchange. One of my FC members on TeamSpeak actually joked that the WotL version of FFT is best because it lets you kill Argus twice, thanks to the added content.

So did they add anything worth while to justify cutting down dungeons to one every odd patch, or is it the same as last time they cut down dungeons and nothing really changed.

getting a new high end raid series, but the plebs here probably wont be able to access it when it comes out.

Algus.

Also, your FC guy is ridiculous if he thinks War of the Lions is the better version of FFT. The little bits of extra content don't make up for how shitty the new translation is. But the line the Bangaa says as he steals the book was a really good reference to when Delita kidnapped the princess.

Don't other Scions have thing that would let them detect a primal? If the WoL was a primal, the others would notice.

It was one of the good things in the patch, though there were other things that disappointed me. I felt that Raubahn was being built up in the patch to become a candidate for King/President/Prime Minister but Nah, just a general for Lyse.

I also didn't like that The primal got damage resistance buffs just so Lyse can have another 'charged punch for victory' moment.

No idea why we got the Kojin as the first beast tribe race, when this patch was focused on Ala Mhigo, and Ala Mhigo has their own beast tribe that we could fight for.

Alright user, I'll play ball. Let's assume the WoL truly is a primal. There's a few issues I spy already. First, in order for one to be summoned, there needs to be a concentrated source of aether nearby a massive concentrated fount of faith. I'll buy that the whole nation clamoring for a hero could form one, sure, but when have we ever been near a massive crystal besides hydalyn? Further, the more powerful one is, the more they noticeably drain the aether from the land. We haven't done that at all, and we're stronger than alex-fucking-ander, whose presence was so draining that it was causing the local fauna to wilt. If anything, I'd say we're more of an ultra-powered egi, but there's some flaws even with that, primarily that we're not comprised of a single element, and we're not really being directly controlled by anyone either.

I think the WoL is something completely different. Something far more powerful than even the most dangerous eikons, but one that gains power in a different fashion, building it up over time instead of being outright created with peak power and requiring latent energy in the air to keep it.

Remember when we were just some guy going on adventures? Good times…

I quit FFXIV a while ago. The catalyst system for crafting is stupid and stops the game dead.

I think you were just looking for different sort of game then and i dont even know why you came into this thread. The crafting system isn't that bad compared to quite a few other games I've played with crafting with some requiring stuff from pay shop to make it not be absolute slog to get through.

I don't think anyone was able to detect that Ysayle was essentially a primal, or at least used the primal process to turn into Shiva. The same goes for the Heavens Ward, who used primal powers to become the original knights from the legend.

Again, I'd make the argument that he's essentially a mega-Shiva. She was able to primal herself out of sheer force of will. And technically, Hydaelyn is never really that far away since she's at the core of everything. Granted, I don't really think she channels too much energy into the WoL these days since the Midgardsormr incident.

It's a slog enough just farming the stuff you need to craft.

yeah that was a good reference.

that was really well done. my answer was you know. you saw it. seeing how it affected her was pretty intense. part of me hopes that she will eventually become a scion along with the rest of us. it would work, giving her a place in the world, trusted companions, and putting her skills to use for a greater good that includes protecting ala mhigo so it would tick all of the appropriate boxes. plus we could get some great senpai/kouhai moments between us and her where we teach her how to control her power and deal with it's side effects.

i loved that conversation.

LIBERALS BTFO
GLOBALISTS BTFO
GODBERT CONFIRMED NATIONALIST SHITLORD WHO BELIEVES IN MERITOCRACY

i liked it. i died a lot, mostly to hashmal and his god damned towers, plus argath and his stupid little hand-above-your-head making movement nearly impossible, but that will get better with practice.

the thing that stood out for me is what Jenomis Arazlam said at the very end after you save him. this basically confirms that FF14 is a direct sequel to FFT, albeit set several hundred, if not thousand, years after the events of the latter. on top of that, Argath mentions something about "Beoulve" blood when you engage him. putting aside the 5 or 6 people in my raid who had some variation of "Beoulve" in their name, he was either referring to Ramza or Lina being a direct Beoulve descendant. Ramza would make more sense, since it's possible that Orran and Alma did the nasty at one point, leading eventually to Arazlam and his kids. but the CT chain pulled a "this mi'qote dude is a descendant of the royal Allagan line via technological reasons" so i'm not counting Lina out yet. it wouldn't be the first time a humble investigative reporter turned out to be more than just a player-insert of sorts.

Honestly I think it's just more of a case of us being a fated representative of light much like the WoD were. The scary part is how rapidly we're growing in power, and how similar our paths are with theirs. I wonder how long it'll take before the land is consumed in all-devouring light due to us winning every battle?

you nigger, each retainer can bring in 60 of whatever element and tier you of crystal you want every 40 minutes.

Let's be honest, the new shitty crafting rotation of Maker's Mark is purely just a time sink for the hell of one. The dev team has no idea what to do with crafting anymore and are trying to force people back to using specialist which just results in more work for wanting to change between what classes you want to use. 2.0 crafting was best and anything past that has just been total cancer.

Nobody actually visit the onsens, what the fuck.
Its the perfect dps queueing area.

It was nice to see Godbert in a more serious role.

>tfw there will never be side quests where you teach Fordola to control her powers, then teach her how to love, then get her pregnant and have super Echo-powered [email protected] babies
Square please.

Also, the 24-man implies that part of the FFT->XIV timeline includes FFXII, probably after Tactics and before XIV.

it's an abstract feel.

there are a lot of people on the lore forums absolutely adamant that "ff14 and fft are different games, they're totally unrelated" and while i don't 100% believe that ff14 follows directly from fft yet there's a lot of evidence to suggest as much. and these loreniggers keep shoving their fingers in their ears talking about "muh different game."

It never ceases to amaze how the player base can't use the fucking enemy list for Shin EX. Fucking sick of not seeing phase 2.

So why doesn't this game let me play as the white and based Faction?

Because the natives of that faction, while based as fuck. Cannot use magic in any capacity, and not being to use magic in fantasy setting is boring. And all the quests you take would be running around like a bitch taking orders from your senior officers.

this is a good point. the entirety of the plot revolves around utilizing your native aether as the WoL to do Echo-y stuff and use magic and teleport and generally save the world and what not. so that alone precludes the addition of Garlean as a race choice.

of course, with the advent of the Resonance, SE has a way around this for a future expansion should they want to pursue that route. but i doubt they would do that because it would be really damn forced and the number of "snowflakes" that would jump at the chance to be even more snowflakey (omg i'm a Garlean WoL who survived horrible experimentation and now i can use magic lol! aren't i so unique?!) would destroy even the non-balmeme servers

tl;dr Garlean PC's sometime after we get Viera

What did she mean by this?

How much did the Lalafell pay to fuck her?