Kenshi thread

We haven't had one of these in a while.

An indie squad-based game with RPG bits, buildable settlements, robot skeletons, and a ridiculously large non-procedural map where nobody cares about you and you'll probably starve to death in the desert or get your legs eaten by frogmen.

Aesthetically, it's somewhere between Morrowind and feudal Japan. Visually, it looks like it's from the mid 2000s, which is roughly when it started development. Gameplay-wise, it's hard to find a comparison but it's pretty fun, and very open-ended.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137685452&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156043634&searchtext=shop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is it optimized yet? i dig the aesthetic and the direction but holy fuck did it ever run like dog shit last time i played it (about a year ago)

The dev is a cool guy, but if you want to pirate it, magnet link here:
There's also a demo, but it's outdated.

Is it done yet? I'm not budging until this shit is done.

There have been a few optimization tweaks, but nothing really major.

It'll probably be done around the time that Dwarf Fortress is done.

Is there any more of the map to explore? Last time I checked it was about half.

Not yet, but Dev said that the early alpha desert dunes will be and actual zone on the eastern part of the map.

I'll like to also see the skeleton city which weapons descriptions often reference

That'll be nice. I want more areas that feel like a proper sandy desert, there's too much rocky wasteland right now.

I only hope for a little bit more optimization, so that my toaster can play it at a tolerable temp.

Turn down the settings. Shadows should always be off, and textures destroy VRAM. It's always going to be CPU-heavy simply because of the size of the world, and how many things are going on. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason that the full map is taking so long to release.

this fucking game will never be done.

I been meaning to try this

Do walls work yet?

crossbows when?

No duel wielding no buy

Then try it.

Yes. They have for a while, a bug was fixed not too long ago that let enemies get through walls if you weren't looking at the area. I don't think enemies attack walls, though - they just go straight for the gate.

Probably after release.

thanks, i dicked around for about an hour and found it ran better than what i had expected. im not going to put much time into it until i finish original sin 2 but i like what i see.

Shit.
On one hand, it's possible i loaded it up at an earlier date and fucked off into the fog islands to Ai Wo Torimodose some fogmen, but I doubt that.

Time to grind back up to Kenshiro levels.

Actually I thought about it, and going into the Fog Islands to Ai Wo Torimodose the fogmen is exactly what I did.
Doesn't explain why I think my stats are lower, but oh well.
Time to git gudder at martial arts.
Also fuck blood spiders.

my nigga. That's the sole reason I haven't been binging Kenshi lately.

How hard is it to play as a solo robobro? I know they've got way more hp per limb, but is there anything else notable about healing/upkeep?

Depends on when in the timeline you mean. When you have a 1 in every stat and you're just starting out, death is hanging out on every corner. As in, a group of hungry bandits could kill you dead. This is because you don't heal at all and so can't recover from an aggravated (

I remember this having coop listed on the store front when i bought it. Am i misremembering, or did this get removed?

Wait what? Like they kill you and its assumed they eat you or they drag you off to be raped and eaten?

Can I be a slut in this game?

See for yourself.

it's nice and all but as good as it is, it's still shit if i can't run it
optimizations when
different engine when

Considering how it's a custom engine, never ever.

this shit has been in early access for almost a decade. This is overgrowth tier.

While we all know how the fogmen feed (in a primitive manner whereby they eat fresh from their staked captive), what about the painted cannibals of the north?
To answer this question, I, Kenshirous Boticus, set out to cannibal lands.
Here are my discoveries.
In picture one and two, we see that the painted cannibals make ready use of cages to hold and store their prey. Far more civilized than the degenerate hivemen of the Fog Islands. Indeed, they even provide their prey some brief respite by binding their wounds.
Next, in pictures three and four, you see them butchering, then taking to cook, one of their Screaming Bandit captives. I can assure you, he was dead before they began cooking and eating him. Unlike the degenerate fogmen.
Clearly, the Hive race needs the guiding hand of the various Terran species.

Whats your hardware? I'm on a toaster and I can get it to run.

It wouldn't be so bad if the dev just opens up the map already.

Much like the patched milestone releases of Dorf Fort, it's effectively a finished game as it stands - it's just that the dev wants to add more.

Not him, but I get stuttering lag when loading on an i7 820 and R9 Nano.

bam

So it isn't finished at all and is buggy to boot?

the slow-mo at the end of the trailer is actually real-time performance of the game if you go to a new area

Too smooth to be that.

Shit, time to boot this pile of shit up again, I guess

What's this game even about? I wanted to throw some money into the early access fire and this seemed cool.

You're no one special in some desert where everyone hits each other with japanese and chinese swords. Go fuck around and eventually make an outpost, I guess. Eventually the factions might start going to war with each other and you might be able to be a mercenary.

It's one of those fuck around and make your own fun/plot games? Sounds cool. Might get it when I get the bux.

Has this shit updated? I have 95.27 from when an user dropped it a while ago but never got around to playing it.

What did I just get into?

A ruse, the game is actually shallow as all fuck, it will always leave you wishing they did this and that instead of the bland turd it became.

It's anything BUT shallow. The problem with Kenshi is that it has a bunch of deep things but the player has no means of acessing them.

I gotta take pictures when I get home, but I was thinking of setting up a dome in The Grid, seemed like a good place to build walls (you'll know what I mean when I get there) but no space, no water, no minerals. Damnit.

I'm thinking of moving my entire outpost somewhere else, but I'm still waiting for Hydroponics to finish researching.

Two mods I higly advise people to get:
You craft a crossbow kit and carry it with you.
Then you set it like a camping bed. After you're done turning someone else into a pin-cushion, you dissassemble it and move on.
Not the "handheld" crossbow some people expected, but it pays off in firepower.
There's two diferent mods for this. Tried'em both, they each have some issues but serve their purpose well, feeds into that late-game economy of trading for lost scraps of knowledge.

One mod I do not recomend is the "traders have more stuff". Any of them.
Why? Because reaching 30 in Thieving is easy and 30 is all you need to loot a store.
Once you steal:
And sell off what you don't want/need, you'll be rich as fuck and get all research done in a second. The game doesn't account for extra security, this mod just increases the reward of thieving without touching the dificulty of actually doing it.
Not that I mind, I just wanted to see late-game shit before a save-wipe when the new map rolls around.

Also, get one of the increased pop cap mods. There's plenty of those and they make the "Build a Settlement" thing less of a pain in the ass when you can have:
That's what I'm running with now. 48 people. Probably gonna round it up to 50 with an extra gunner and another crafter.

There's a difference between breadth and depth, it's shallow, there's no detailed political system, factions hate you because they hate you, you can't join these factions and grow within these factions or alter their own internal politics, you can't make a faction of value, there isn't even a real trading system.

Even base building sucks ass, although that's because they retardedly have an issue with running a roaming team and running a base at the same time, the base can't just drop off and have resources calculated going online when a bandit attack goes off or something, you can't have traders add your base to their route and sell your built goods to them, you can't have automated traders and have that shit offload and roughly simulate, and talking about bandit attacks it's just wave after wave of fodder at your walls.

There's heaps of other just shit that they fucked up as well, it would be so much nicer if you could purchase a compound within a city and build a base within it, just limiting your ability to build within the compound, you have to build a base in the middle of nowhere.

Then you get to city building, they are all small, they have like 4 pubs and like 40 guards, they just don't feel like cities, they even lack industry outside of a few mines here and there.

The game will never feel as deep as I want it to feel.

The game is shallow and there isn't any reason to expect it to stop being so, I know that the developers were interested in wrapping up development, and honestly the game doesn't feel like it's even gotten anywhere in the past year.

I understand most of your disapointment.
But some of it is unwarranted.
You CAN buy an house in a city and then build furniture inside of it. It takes a shitload of work to get the first skill levels in something, but I once made it out as a blacksmith in Clowsteady. You can even make a lot of money this way. Buy materials, craft it, sell it, buy food and more materials.
Politics is something they want but purposely ignored. It's in their Roadmap. I reserve judgement for what they do with it when it's done.
Trading sucks, I'll give you that one. You pluck down a table that your pawns can't auto-restock and the visiting merchants won't use. It just signals them to come. At least they do come and you can sell crap, but honestly, you're better off being the merchant than waiting for them.
Also ties in the political thing: they want merchants to work with that system.
Again, because of the political system, bandit attacks will be able to take over your base if undefended. Not just hang around it, actually take and man it.

Heck, a lot of things are backed up by the politics system. If they implement it and it's shit, alright, time to call them on it. But for now, all we can do is wait.

Post apocalypse, buddy. Large ammounts of people require large ammounts of farmland to sustain them. And a beefy CPU.
I'm good enough with cities having 60-80 people. Beats Skyrim 10-12.

There's a mod for that.
Yeah, that one is bullshit. You can't even buy them yet. I saw a screenshot for a "buy animal interface" but they haven't done it yet.
I'm not sure they're going with the "augmentations" thing, especially when 90% of the humans are the "noble savage" kind.
That is my number one quarrel with the game. When you're one guy roaming around, there's fuck all to do and you can't go anywhere !!!FUN!!! until you getsome skills.
So you get:
>sneaking and thieving and being beaten by guards then training lockpicking in jail
Going anywhere else runs the risk of you being very very dead.
It takes a while until you can start capturing bounties and that's the closest thing to quests they have so far.

I haven't visited the workshop for this game in a while but I found this:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137685452&searchtext=
Time to make a new Beakthing squad.
And outfit my Spec Ops with Blood Spiders.

I've played the old desert version and the new version til around last year, I know how the game works but I don't want a single building I want a whole compound, I want a small compound within a city that I can buy, I hate the way the base has to be built in the middle of nowhere, and just the option to build a base within a base would be nice.

Did they enable reclamation of bases yet, it would be nice even if you could take one of the destroyed or partially destroyed settlements and build a base within them, it would be nice if you could run your own inn and attract patrons and earn money from it or run your own mercenary faction, but these things don't exist, and there isn't any real reason why they don't exist apart from the game being shallow.

Okay so politics is a bit of a heavy thing especially the way I wanted it, but some diplomacy would be nice, having to pay tribute, being able to demand tribute, being able join other factions, more detailed faction relationships and more actions to improved/degrade them, these aren't hard asks.

The cities are both low pop but high guard, I would prefer more reasonably populated cities, and more people doing things, where's the industry, where are clothes manufactured, where are weapons manufactured, why isn't this addressed, even Skyrim has some of these down, and that's fucking Skyrim.

I've definitely played the game before, I remember one bug where you could put characters into prison with a bounty break them out and keep putting them back in and get the bounty again and again making loads of cash.

Needs a taming skill to go along with it, traps would be nice.

Latest update unlocked some other parts of the map. Could any user upload the whole updated map please?

Also the game is still buggy as fuck, at one point I couldn't get my people to open up gates and they would just run through a hole in my wall that shouldn't exist, the game is not the worst EA shitter but it's still pretty typical, only this time it actually had some fucking promise.

I hear you. I'm not gonna pretend the game hasn't it's fair share of problems. Especially with gates and some oddities in the building system.
But you gotta look at the whole picture. There's a lot of things in it already and I managed to have a lot of fun with them.
Could there be more? Yes, no doubt. Would they be absolutely great, 10/10, GOTY? Yep.
But they're not here. Yet, or maybe never.

It's kinda like Skyrim. You hop on a thread about it here and you can spend hours discussing all the wasted potential, all the features that didn't make it in or were half-assed. Yet, there's still some fun to be had with it.
Check the Spore thread. It's anons that still manage to have fun with a very barebones game.

If all else fails, go to the workshop. I'm planning on reaching +100 mods today before I even launch the new map.

I don't know what part of this game captured me the most, but I usually hate these kind of sandboxy games where you make your own story, but I can play this shit for hours without getting tired of it.
Also, I've never been raided in my Border Zone base, even when I leave a fleeing bandit, what's the best way to train people? I have a 6-man team of fighters in their 50's in combat stats, and leveling up takes a shitload of time and every time I tried to make a fight club a lot of people end up getting away or getting killed by the guy in training.

Is this the latest version and if not can some kind user please upload it?

If you reach 50, you're pretty much set to kick anyone's ass as long as you have a good weapon.
Getting past that is rather easy. Find something else with 50. Kidnap it. Put it in a cage. Release it anytime you wanna train.
Put it back when it's uncouncious. Heal it with medics. Rinse and repeat. The best part?
If you've got 5-6 dudes rainning blows on the prisioner, the prisioner will eventually toughen up and the training sessions will take longer. You'll have to stop at some point because he might get too strong for viable training. Find something else and start a new.

Honestly, unless you're looking to solo the Bugmaster or the Phoenix Lord, 50 will let you murder a lot of shit with impunity.
As long as you're not outnumbered, otherwise you're boned.

If you've got decent strength and toughness, consider caking the guy in heavy armour and pick up and heavy weapon. He'll suck at it, but after some training, he'll swing that thing and cleave three bandits at once.

One thing I don't understand about the new map: why is the Holy Nation and the United Cities hostile to one another? They're all slaving scum.

I'm having fun with my Spec Ops team. Since they're all Hivelings, I've taken to call them "Stick Ops". They raided an ancient lab and one thing I didn't know is how stupid the security spiders are. Just dodge behind a crate with Sneak and puff, it's like you're invisible. The perfect heist.
Until one of the Stick Operatives decided he wanted to sprint across the room instead of sneak there. Then they had to sprint outside. Nasty gash on the chest, damn those spiders.

Whether or not you can ai wo torimodose into infinity depends primarily on how skilled and well equipped your foes are. Assuming your combat skills exceed 50. Note that good armor and good weaponry does help, but if your opponent can't lay a finger on you for any decent damage anyway…
Kenshirobot (Martial arts 67, Dodge 77, moderate armor, str and toughness over 80) can reliably cleave his way through hordes of fogmen (attack 14 defense 14, no armor, metal sticks) without issue. It's actually funny to watch him bounce around like a ping pong ball in fast motion.
But a squad of maybe 5-7 berserkers (~40 attack and defense, light armor, passable heavy weapons) poses more of a threat, and where 40-50 fogmen can be struck down without breaking a sweat, the 5-7 berserkers will manage to lay some injuries on kenshirobot. Odds are good he'll come out on top if he didn't go in injured, but he's guaranteed to come out injured.
A mid-tier example of say shrieking bandits (~20-30 atk and def, no armor, shitty weapons) is something 67/77 kenshirobot can handle 15-30 before he begins to break a sweat.
Although this is all from my observations trying to fight as many foes as possible at once, and may be biased due to attempting to build you wa shockbot.
I want to turn him into Gutsbot at some point.

Oh yeah, so far I haven't found anything that my elite squad can't handle, all of them are equipped with Edge 1 weapons and have different masterwork armors, I was trying to make something like the masters of each weapon category, so far I've got Martial Arts, Katanas, Blunt, Heavy, Sabre and Polearms, so that's why I want to max them out.

Go for it man, kenshiroing people is fun as hell, but going Guts on someone has it's charm too, like when the baseball swing gets like 3 people in it and they just fucking crumble, it makes my weewee hard

What weapons are there? I see the big flat swords and rods.
Also this game has an ascetic to it I really dig. I don't known what it is, I think its because of how alien everything is. The morrowind comparison was a good one.

It's the latest experimental version. Experimentals get frequent updates, so I don't think they get cracked. It might be on cs.rin.ru, you could check there.

Weapon classes are blunt, hacker, heavy, katana, polearm, and sabre. Most classes have 5 or 6 different types, and all of them have different stats.

I should make a Guts starting scenario. Start with high strength and a Cross-tier Plank, which apparently weighs 48kg. Maybe have both major factions be hostile?

There are many depending on the category:
Katanas are kind of obvious, ranges from shitty Ninja-to to long ass Odachis, they have bonuses to attack, but will make you easier to hit, they do a lot of cutting damage and have a tendency to bleed enemies
Blunt are shit like the pipes Hungry Bandits carry, Maces and Jittes, maces do a lot of damage but are pretty heavy, spiked ones make enemies BLEED. Blunt weapons tend to fuck over heavy armor since those protect mostly against cut.
Hackers are have a balance between cut and heavy, they fuck robots up, but I haven't used them, so I can't tell you much.
Sabres are like chinese broadswords, and are like a defensive version of hackers, I'm fond of these weapons for some reason.
Polearms have long reach, except for the staff, they have a bonus against animals, they are quite fast and you're pretty much guaranteed the first blow with them.
Heavy weapons are like the big ass fuck you anime sized swords like the planks you know, they deal huge amounts of damage, hit several enemies at once, but are slow to swing, and user WILL get hit, until the user gets good. Extremely satisfying once you have a good heavy.
Then there's Martial Arts which, like the Heavy weapons is hard to start with, you can't block while unarmed, losing a means of defense, and unless you wear bindings, the character slightly hurts his fists when blocked, with a high enough level, it destroys hordes.
I really like the alien environment too, going exploring feels great too.

It could be cool, some guy made a Dragonslayer mod, where you get rusted versions and can recruit the guy with the actual one, haven't touched the mod so I can't tell you more about it, would you be going for a balanced start? Or a powerful one?

It'd be a powerful one, but difficult if I make both major factions hostile. I'm struggling with the construction kit, though - documentation isn't that great. It might be a long-term project.

Installed the experimental release. Nice touches here - spawned in a UC city during a dust storm and NPCs were walking around covering their faces, and buildings were covered in dirt (it's an actual layer, not a special model). The desert looks good, I'm going to start a new game and try a colony there.

Dev says that the map update should be pushed to the stable branch in a week or so.

Man, Cannibal Plains are extremely fun, i really liked the suspicious lab, and Obedience has a great mysterious aura, Is there someone who explains what happened there in detail? Next, I'm finally fulfilling Hobbs wish to check out the Shrieking Forest

If you do, try giving dodge to the guy, Heavy weapon users tend to get hit a lot and that tends to mitigate damage.

I am torn

I'm going for a town-dwelling skelebro and his bonedog, to start this one off. Started out in Bast, a ruined town between Holy Empire and the new UC lands. Lots of ruined hamlets in the area. Lots of large UC and Holy armies marching around, they clashed a few minutes after I started and I stuck around for some looting. Didn't get caught, but then a bunch of bandits showed up and KO'd my dog, so I had to kite them into the UC forces that were still hanging around. Turns out that they drop some nice loot now, I got a standard-grade merc plate and two higher-end sabres, a Catun 1 and a Catun 2. So now it's a slow, 80% encumbrance march across the desert carrying a comatose puppy.

With luck, I can buy a decent house and set up some in-town industry - probably weaponsmithing.

Plastic surgeons can change your name, I believe.

Good because within the first five minutes I have a full belly and a pack full of chainmain to sell, once I find a town Im headed back for seconds assuming I dont get mugged/.

How does bonedog eat? Do I have to give it raw meat?

An interesting question, user.
I don't know how much is revealed throughout the game, but I do know that a skeleton character will utter the lines in pic 1 upon entering Obedience (and pic 2 on entering the flood plains).
The information revealed in pic 1 seems to suggest mass robot murder or suicide. Further documents in the game reveal many skeletons have been unearthed in poses indicating suicide.
I don't know of any further details that relate to Obedience.

See also: The Iron Trail.
The trail doesn't end where land meets sea.

I think they'll eat anything, mine was eating stolen foodcubes. Just drop the food on the ground and they'll run over and eat it if they're hungry. I think they'll eat out of normal food storage, too.

I've been stealing food from the Sho-Battai barracks. I also broke out one of their prisoners - was hoping to them knock him out and collect the bounty, but now he follows me around (but won't join squad), and I can't attack him. He won't even have the decency to starve.

That prisoner just triggered quite a domino effect.

At some point, he wandered off and got into a fight. I'm not sure who it was with, but he got KO'd and somehow the event set the Shinobi Thieves against the town guard. There was a huge fight, I made lots of profit by dragging people to my house and stripping them and then turning them in for bounties or to the slaver.

But it didn't stop. Another group of thieves showed up to take back their tower, and then another. There's been war in the streets for 3 days. Caravans are clashing with skirmishers, slavers are grabbing people at random, it's absolute chaos.

Meanwhile, my thievery is up 30 levels because I've spent the entire time picking those level 100 chests in the Shinobi tower.

Rescued prisoners join once you're far enough from the place they were held captive, I once liberated the entire slave market and then had to feed 20 more mouths with no choice to refuse them.
So carry the dude away from town if you want an extra handand when he wakes up, I think he'll join you

It's like you want people to be already bored.

Get out.

This user is correct. Free someone and then take them far from there to get a new recruit.
I once saved 2 guys from the Holy Nation.
I noticed the "looks like a slave" thing, so for a while, I had to send them inside one of my shacks everytime someone from the HN passed by. One time, one of them decided to leave the shack anyway and run smack-headed into a HN patrol. They decided they wanted to bring him back. So these 2 shek guards I had come out behind a building going "you and what army?"

The most satisfying thing was dragging their bodies into the mountains and watching some wild dogs eat them for days. One of them even got up, badly wounded and half-eaten but the dogs took care of that.
Nowadays, the Tax collector offers a bit more resistance.

Not sure what research, but there's an "animal feeder" stockpile you can build. I got a mod to swap the model and enable some more food to be put on it, though.
Also, if they're on a squad with a person, standard backpack rules apply: when someone in a squad is hungry, he'll eat food that's on the backpack of someone else in the same squad. Not from regular inventories, but backpacks.
It's always a good idea to place 6-7 food items on a guy's backpack for this reason.

Have you talked to that Historian bot in World's End?
There's a funny detail. If you talk to him as a human, he won't discuss his past. Claims he doesn't remember. All Skeletons say they don't remember anything.
But if you talk to him as a Skeleton, he'll reply "Look, don't worry, noone will ever discover, I'll make sure of it.

Wew

I have been checking into these thread for years and still there hasn't been an inch of progress in the development of this game. I bought when it was first made available for download and that build of the game is still almost identical in every way to the current one.

This thing has been stone dead for so long I'm amazed people still post threads about it now and then.

what skills and strength do you have?
Two or three threads ago, I complained here about decking a guy in Samurai armor with a Plank and still having him flatenned by 3 cannibals.
Someone saw my screeniee with >80% encumbrance and I felt fucking stupid.
tl,dr: you might have just pilled half a ton of metal around a guy and then expected him to fight as usual.

Once you have like 50~ fighting skill you can probably solo the bandits, but not before. You really, really need groups to start out with in this game, otherwise you'll just get mugged over and over again until you're an unstoppable killing machine late game.

Hey, there's an hint of progress:
If you attempt to assinate (but fail) a Lady of the UC now, there's an event called "Noble Wrath" where they send Captain Eyesore with a few samurai to invade you.

On one hand, it seems just a normal invasion.
But think again: this is an hint that they've started work on the politics thing.
Pretty soon I'll be able to dresse up as Holy Nation, kill Lord Tengu and watch the Holy Nation be wiped by the UC.

You are just like one of those people who swore blind that minecraft wasn't dead in the water simply because updated it now and then with apples and a dragon.

Window dressing does not a game maketh.

So what I've got to find out now is if you can do it with prisoners as well. There are a bunch of Shinobi thieves lying around in jail with pretty solid stats.

Hello newfriend

Nah man, the other fella's right, Kenshi threads date back to halfchan. They've been a thing for years and carried on here.

Did you ever considered the hypothesis that maybe some people are happy with what the game already offers?
I wanted a game where I could be a sword wielding dude running in a desert, fighting weird crap, stealing and not get too involved in politics. I got that AND the ability to gather 10 or so dudes and make my own city.
As it stands, the game gave me everything I wanted and I'm quite happy.
Can more stuff be made on top of it?
Yep. And I won't argue that there's a lot of unfinished things (the ranged button being the most jarring one).

You can compare it to Starbound: that game promised a lot and didn't deliver it either. But what that game DID give was purely grindan, monotonous crap. Even if you ignored the missing features, noone was happy with what they already had.
Kenshi already features everything I want. Personally. I understand people like you do want more. And honestly, I hope we get it.

Minecraft is on a similar boat. I enjoy what's there but I won't deny what it could have been.

Found a new type of ennemy named "Skimmer", at the edge of the new map section.

I figured I would get shit stomped. I was wearing a back pack full of delicious stolen food. I did last longer. My poor pup didnt. I just reloaded a save. I found some flood lands with yuge machine parts and was killed by a soggy Skelton and sone big ass spider.
This game is pretty neat. How fast has the fag been developing it? It seems like a lot has been added recently.

Any of you guys know how to get rid of the menu in the character creator? It's blocking most of the options for me

Are there no guns in this game?

No

I got tired of constantly having to import my game and start jogging away from that goddamn plateau at the borders of the holy empire every time there was an update. I just wanna farm the fog islands in peace without having to constantly import the game over and over. Should I just wait till it's done? How long will that be though, I wonder..

There are crossbows and harpoon turrets but they are static weapons, haven't used them yet even if I have a gunner in the 50s, but there's a workshop mod that has portable turrets that you apparently set up like camp beds, but as I said before, I've never used the turrets.
But I'm never under attack for some reason even if I've provoked a lot of bandits so I don't even have walls.
I feel like guns might affect the aesthetic even if it makes sense that they're there, I'm kind of torn on the ranged weapon issue.

I need some followers, my pack rat habits from other games serve me poor here. Also what the fuck is the cooked vegetables inventory icon supposed to be, this is really bothering me

I need some followers, my pack rat habits from other games serve me poor here. Also what the fuck is the cooked vegetables inventory icon supposed to be, this is really bothering me

Also

Also
Made me laff

Also its been a while since the website was this broken.

God dammit I made the first one like a half hour ago

I think it's supposed to be a covered stir fry pan.

They spooky nigs.

They spooky nigs.

At least the anons are working fine. Bzzt.

You could just tell Steam to not update it.

Nice.

How do I play this game?, I started in the holy nation with my dog and already starving then I tried to nig some stuff and got caught when I pushed my luck and ran out the town and started wandering then the game crashed

The begginning is absolute hell, you are shit at everything and you WILL be fucked over by anything you meet, after getting your shit kicked in several times, you'll get better with a weapon and manage to KO someone before falling.
Try to recruit people in bars, numbers can help a bit, but to get money try tagging along with a Holy Nation patrol and if they get in a fight, try looting people, no one gets mad about that, if you're lucky, maybe a strong guy gets KO'd and you get his stuff.
Try mining some iron or copper and sell the ore, if you can't right off the bat, then try building a shitty house, they cost 5 Building Materials.

Try turning down some settings first. You shouldn't be crashing right at the start. Not sure what to suggest lowering.
After that, a good start is to lure local bandits into the local town's guards, take the bandits' shit when the guard knock them out, sell their shit, and then go out and get your teeth kicked in by bandits. Then go back to town and get food and medkits for yourself and your pooch. Note, though, that hungry bandits and escaped 'servants' will steal some of your food if they knock you out. Other bandits will make off with some of your catans.
Rinse and repeat until your attack, defense, and toughness are all around 15 or 20. By then you should be able to continue your early game without too high a risk of immediately dying and I do mean dying to skill ~30 combatants though they'll probably KO you.
When you're confident in your starting guy's ability to get his teeth smashed, most people recruit some other local bums to start a gang and make their own outpost.

Which menu?

Ezmode: Find a copper deposit near a town. Mine it until you've got a few copper. Run into town, sell the copper. Buy food. Repeat until you have 3000 cats. Go to the bar and hire someone. Have them mine too. Keep it up until you've got a decent party and lots of money. It's the easiest, but the most tedious and un-fun way to get started.

Slightly less ezmode: Tag along with Holy City or Samurai patrols. Wait for them to fight bandits, then join in. Loot the bandits, sell their shitty iron sticks in towns for money. You'll build up some combat skills this way. Get a companion ASAP, and make sure that both of you have first aid kits, because you might not make it if you go down hard and don't have someone to help you. If you're daring, you could look for fights between Holy Empire and Free Cities squads, and loot their weapons - just be sure to sneak when you do it, because you'll get attacked if you're seen.

If you want to start a settlement, you can get a jumpstart by buying a house in a town and building a research bench, then doing research from there. Getting additional crop types gives you many more geographical options for settling down, and you can be ready to start an industry in advance.

Nigging can work if you know what you're doing. Try finding a chapter of the Shinobi Thieves Guild, you can learn some thieving and assassination levels there. Keep in mind that even if you're stealthed and nobody is nearby, most items have a % chance of success for stealing them from a container, and if you fail you'll trigger an alarm.

When you have a decently large group, adventuring is the best way to go. Fighting bandits will make you stronger and tougher, and with a good-sized group, even when you lose a fight you'll generally have one person wake up quickly enough to patch up everyone else.

Holla Forums directs to an unfinished game with paid beta. If I didnt know better I would say you were a dev. Fuck you and your game.

see

and

Roughly 21 in-game days after discovering the experience system uses your current skill level instead of your max skill level, at least for Dodge, Kenshirobot's Dodge skill has gone from 72 to 90. This worked in version 0.95.72.
Anyone know what the densest object in the game is? On a kg/tile basis.
Time to repeat it for the Martial Arts skill if I can, and go from 70 to 90.
I feel like a retard for not knowing/not learning of this earlier.

Is it acceptable to enable easy prospecting (all areas have the same resources) so I can found a settlement in an aesthetically pleasing area? Or is that too casual?

Because I sort of want to settle in one of these gorgeous deserts, it's just that they have nothing but stone for resources.

My strength training is carrying several high tier clubs, since those cunts weigh like 20 kg at the least, and I think they're secondary weapon sized, but as Kenshirobot I guess that's gonna be harder, I think they might sell them at World's End, if you're not wanted within the UC, else, slavemongers should carry some 14 kg ones more less.

Don't sweat it man, settle wherever, I guess that's why the option is there, just remember, hemp and cacti grow pretty well in deserts.
I don't know if there's anything like the hordes of swamp raptors that fuck your shit up when your crops are growing in the desert though

Oh shit, there are robots now? Cool. How the fuck do those things run out of stamina? Or do they just simply run out of batteries and die?

It's CPU heavy because the dev isn't really that great. Is the damn thing even multithreaded now? I remember jumping on this game back in '06 or '08 and there were only a handful of us in the official forums. I didn't pay to betatest this shit then, and I'm not doing it now.

Not strength training, but the advice holds. I figure if I can weigh Kenshirobot down enough to get his martial arts skill to about 30, then hitting max 90 should be doable without having to engage maximum genocide.

They don't. They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with, they don't feel pity or remorse or fear, and absolutely will not stop - ever! - until they are knocked out.
Although in the latest update apparently they take wear and tear and have to visit 'skeleton beds' to make sure their health cap doesn't drop too low.

I wish this guy would get slightly bigger and hire proper programmers. I love playing as robots.

Whats with that town in the swamp where all the gangs fuck each other up all the time? I got some great loot stealing it off the KO'd guys. My group consist of me, my doggo, a grill from the holy empire, some mad doc, a hive prince, and some drunk chick I met in a bar.
It now occurs to me we have no combat potential.

This occurs to you just now?
Also, go train on dummies in the holy nation area or somewhere, then fight hungry bandits forever.

What is the best way to become a powerful boxer quickly? This is kind of fun, but I can't wait to punch the fuck out of some Fogmen.

Have you tried looting them?
Damn things were made to eat you and fuck up your life.
The swamp is hell. Everyone said river raptors were easy, I tried hunting then but Swamp River Raptors are monsters.

It's the swamp man. No law, only gangs. Buy drugs and sell them at the holy nation.
Also, gangs have been backstabbing and fucking each other for years.
I live at the efge of the swamp, near The Grid and I still grt visits of Blood spiders and swamp ninjas. Sometimes the spiders eat the ninjas while I watch from my walls. It's horryfying.

If you want to solomonk thats kind of it. If you can gather some more weirdos, you might to be able to take on starving bandits a lot earlier.

Hand to Hand has been in for a while, for what its worth.

at least that, but mass combat is the one he needs to implement ASAP.
It seems like ranged will be only crossbows, but it's also necessary, more necessary than bony people and a new map.

how does it feel to support such cancer?

Here's to hoping he makes the portable crossbow turret mod canon. I actually like that sort of setup compared to a character with a smaller crossbow

Wait a minute, this shit has been going on for 8 years? This shit looks like this and it's been in development for 8 years? What the actual fuck, is this being developed by one dude in his free time?

Initially for the first five years yes. Chris worked as a security guard at night while attempting to craft his custom engine. First 4 years went by as he basically tested the ins and outs of the engine and push it to the limit (which is why memory leaks was really common in past versions). In year 5, the early access craze hit and kenshi got greenlighted. This allowed him to be a dev full time but even then I think up to now he's only hired 3 persons with never more than 2 working at once.

Fucking Blood Spiders.

Hey, have you seen Grimoire?
This is very similar. At least there's more than one person working on it I guess.
Then again, it's a work of passion mate. Not really to make loads of money. Kenshi is a nichegame: it doesn't have multiplayer or a cult streamer following. They'll never make a lot of money with it, only enough to live off of it. Passion projects like this take an ungodly ammount of time because the guy's doing shit he likes, not things the buyer needs to justify their purchase.

If you want something worse than that go pirate The Guild 3. I've been waiting for that game for a couple of years now, it has a professional team behind it, but the last version they put out for the public is so goddamn unfinished.
I mean, I see a lot of potential there and I've always liked The Guild series, but I'm a bit disapointed.

Actually, it's in Beta

It's time for the crab army to rise!

Can you still solo entire group of bandits given enough level and equipment? I loved doing that way back.

Now you can do it unarmed. More than a few anons have made solo kenshirobots after the inclusion of martial arts.

How do I become an unarmed master or more importantly do anything

The same way you gitgud IRL. You get your shit fucked up and end up disappointing everyone you ever loved

Rolled a hive warrior, picked up some chick who hates bandits.
See a solo beakthing and actally managed to kill it through use of aggro and the defend command. I thought I was tough shit, a pack of rebel farmers sorted me out.
Whaere can I find starving bandits to train on? I also use gorillos because they dont eat you and they don't cause much bleed. The hivers don't like me thoughbut will still help fight if I am getting fucked up.

Okay thanks. Oh man. A monk robot. This guy needs to finish this game already.

I sure hope this magnet is legit and isn't just dolphin porn or a fork of rensenware.

You sure you want starving bandits? Those guys have skill in the 10's. They don't improve you that much.
Dustbandits will fuck you up proper nice and build that toughness, but keep someone nearby with an healthkit. Just don't go settling near them if you decide to piss them off, they're not the best neighbours. At least they don't eat you.

If you want a great place to train, head to the swamp. You can make money by ferrying drugs from the town there to the Holy Cities/UC and you'll find tons of river raptors that are stronger than normal raptors (giving more skills) without eating you. You also have swamp ninjas that are a good challenge and don't eat you. As long as you don't go near the Crater, Beakthings shouldn't be a problem.
The only actual danger in the Swamp are the Blood Spiders. If you're solo and see them, just run back to the town. Really, they'll fuck you up and then eat you.
And remember: There's always another group of Bloodspiders.

It's legit user, That's the link I used

Is this the most recent build?

Who do I sell drugs to, the fence?
Also river raptors, I see them around a lot around the holy cities by the river. Maybe Illl fight them.

Well… the fence in the ninja guild will buy it if you're a member (10k entry price). And buys at half price.
You can sell it in the bar and other shops… but there's a chance the guy won't like it. I think the chance of sucessfully pawning shit and illegal drugs rises with Thievery but I'm not sure.
Oh, you might also be stopped at the gates for a "random search". This happens with and without drugs from time to time.
If you don't stop, they'll raise the alarm. If you're carrying drugs, they'll lock you up unless you pay a bribe (which means that unless you're carrying a boatload of drugs, you won't turn up a profit). Just like real world drug dealing!

Fucking racist guards profiling a swamp nigga. Just cause you're from the bog and smell like hash, you gotta have hash right? Das raycis and I'm offended. WE WUZ ROBBOT AND KENSHIT.

Nah. Someone uploaded the latest build into GGN but their tracker is experiencing some downtime lately.

Even with characters that can kill them in a single hit, I get a hint of panic whenever I see a Blood Spider. They are no longer a threat, but I can't help getting scared whenever I hear their hissing. Even Skin Spiders don't scare me at the same level that Blood Spiders do.
When I build more confidence (And get more guards for my post) I'll go on a crusade to eradicate those red cunts off the face of the earth.

Try getting to the Border Zone, where the strongest enemies around are the Dust Bandits. They are decent fighters and the worst thing that can happen to you is getting KO'd when Slavemongers are nearby. To get dolla and stronger the Swamp is a better place, but as said, Blood Spiders. Level your athletics until you move at like 19 mph (or whatever) and then you'll outrun them, otherwise, they hit for about 50 dmg and WILL eat you.

Martial artists and Heavy weapon users are the best at dealing with hordes, seeing 6 guys taking on 40+ cannibals feels great.

You fight and get your ass kicked until you start kicking ass.
You also Wax On/Wax Off by carrying heavy loads and unconscious niggers around until your strength reaches 'maximum beefcake' tier. If you have the stomach for it, fighting unarmed while incredibly encumbered raises your strength like nothing else. You WILL get your ass kicked though.

But there's a long term benefit for that. After getting used to wearing heavy armor and getting beaten up and having a lot of dodge due to your unarmed training, training up heavy is a piece of cake at that point.

Yeah Ive been blood spidered before. I'll see whats works out. Ill probably run drugs for them monies, might be hatd because Im a hiver, they only speak to my lady follower and tell her to control her beasts. Any other trade trade worth it? I see you can buy water, can you buy it in the wetlands for low and sell it for high in the desert?
Also I ran into fogmen while exploring
THEY ARE EATING MY LEEEEEGGGSSS

Avoid the Foglands until you're well equipped and are in the 40s in combat stats, else you'll get eaten by them screaming autists, they deal shit damage, so any good armor will protect you inmensely, same with Cannibal Plains, also I would avoid Holy Nation as well, they don't like women by themselves, and I'm guessing they treat Hivers as well as Sheks.
As for money, doing alcohol runs worked well enough for me, cactus rum from the desert and sake from the swamp might work.

I may have to start a merchant, this really gets my nose running.
As for treating other races poorly as long as you have a human with you they will assume they are the leader of the group, though they make note that she is a woman.
I like how they don't hate woman exactly, they just think they are possessed by an evil spirit and need to be tempered to not succumb to it.

He has a woman so he should avoid Holy Nation.
But he's a Stickman, so he should avoid UC too.
He's fucked.

I mean, not really. UC guys just sneer at dirty Stickman, that's all. Holy Nation are far more dickish.

Is fight the holy order the correct way to play?

-Lose,Gain experience, they lock you up and heal your wounds and then you can train lock picking and during that you automatically get food for doing it so you don't have to worry about starving

It's one way.
There's a problem if they hit you hard enough to outright kill you. Sometimes they don't heal you, and you might die before getting to a cage.
But it's pretty rare, and once you reach 20 toughness or so, it pretty much never happens.

I started a mini city not far from HO and got my food through farming, while gaining experience by bullying starwing bandits and later river raptors.

pro tip: it's not fucking worth it. It takes fucking forever to get it running into something half decent, river raptors will bully you for the majority of it, and when it's actually done and you feel like you have a good enough homebase to set out from, remember that the automation will not be enough to defeat attacks on its own so you will have to do it manually. Switching view back to base when you're somewhere far away means you'll have to wait for a few minutes for the area to properly load and the framerate to stabilise. And river raptors attack every ten minutes or so. Stealing shit is far, far more profitable, quicker, easier, and more fun. Don't build a city if you intend to do anything else in the game, it's not worth it.

Did you ever thought about hiring gunners?
It takes 2 or 3 (but I usually go with 4) to "automate" raid-solving.
If you wanna be a cheap-ass, you can build a stormhouse, place a turret on each corner and voila, insta-gibs anything getting close to it.
Otherwise, walls, put turrets on it and watch them snipe people like it's noones business.

Does height affect shit like range and damage? Because I was planning on building several watchtowers bordering the base, but if a simple storm house is enough, then I'll build those, even if they aren't as cool.

Well I didn't expect the robot doctor to be such a glorious thing. One step closer to skeleton robot master race.

How do I build a camp bed?
Also I see potential in this game but its buggy as shit. I hope the fag buckles down and begins to hammer shit out because it can be pretty fun.

I thought the slav idle animation was cool. Now every time I talk to someone, I assume the dick sucking position D:

There's one kind of buildings that bugs out it's floor in the last patch. goddamn, you can tell they rushed this patch to get the new map out, introduced several bugs.
Knowing their history though, I'm not worried. Standard kenshi schedule:

What do you mean, that's how Slavs comunicate. You just squat in front of them and shout CYKA at their balls until they shrivel back inside.

Height doesn't affect range (I think) but putting towers up high just gives you a very large area where anything crossing will get shot.

Two tips for gunners:
It pays to hire the best. If you find a gunner in town (most of the time they're stickman) they can be hired for 6000 cats. It's worthy because they start at 50 Turret skill.
Turret skill influences the rate of vire HEAVILY and at 50 they no longer have a chance of friendly fire.
Gunners should be a permanent job. If you have them walking around doing something else, when someone attacks it will be too late to get them on the gun. At most give them short tasks they can accomplish from time to time. Corpse disposal for instance.

if you circle yourself with walls, always remember that enemies will attack the nearest gate to them. If you want two gates, you'll need double the guards. Place the guns in a way that they can see in front of the gate and you're golden. A standard "U" shape for the gate, where the gate is on the inside of that "U" for instance.

That's it. I'm not sure if you can auto-assign cagework so they automatically imprison people, but if you did, you could potentially make prisioners automatically aswell.

One note about animals:
If you've got spiders/predators roaming around (because you didn't incinerate those 6 millions jews and they're rotting in the backyard) or you built a farm and every herbmuncher in 25 miles is coming for your plants, the Gunners will eventually exterminate their nests and they'll stop coming. This might not be something you want, especially if you want to hunt for leather/meat. Then again, you can hunt further away for your base. Hunting expdetitions are fun and remind me of Patapon.

I forgot: the campbed can be bought from Bars and Travel shops. Look around for one, and buy it as soon aas you can, it helps a lot (you heal 4 times faster in it). You buy an item that works as a "building material" for the campbed. Then you dissamble it after resting and get the item back.
Get the mod for "Bugboxes" or "fishing" and you've got a pretty good camping experience.

Do you guys think it's casual to turn down the hunger rate, because holy hell does that thing speed by, It felt like I was spending more time trying to earn food than actually adventure

Been several months since I played, any word on handheld crossbows/harpoons yet?

Do you have Shek characters? Their hunger rate is 1.2x

I started as a lone wanderer, where can I find more skelebros to adventure with? I noticed that all mercs tend to be dudes. Where can I also find qts that want to get clanked?

Nothing.
But there's 3 diferent mods for Portable crossbows you can build and dismantle anywhere. I recomend the "Siege Equipment" one since it unlocks portable turrets as you unlock your normal turrets, not only it makes sense, you get portable 6-tube turrets. Huzzah.

It's a bit casual because eating is easy as shit.
Kill a turtle, grab the 14 pieces of meat, build a campfire and shiftclick it : bam, you got a guy assigned to cooking it. 14 meat pieces will last you a minimum of 4 days. Maybe more.
If you're having troubles, you're probably eating shit. Figuratively. Meat is good in pinch, but if you're looking for something more stable, Dustwich, Bread or Vegetable Stew. Anything with 70u of nutrition. The bigger the nutrition the less times you have to eat.
If you're travelling, get rationpacks. They stack up to 4 (or 10 in a backpack) have good nutrition and take up a 2x2 space.

Food and hunger works great in this game precisely because every piece of food as a place and a time. Food to eat in a pinch, food to eat at home and food to eat on adventures.
It's also an highly motivational reason to work/steal/get money.

Do you know where the Flooded Plains are?
There's a Tower there where Burn lives, he's a skelebro.
Try the Swamp Town. They've got one or two that you can recruit. Sadly, you can't recruit Dancing Nelly.

I just read something in the steam forum.
Aparently you can deliver someone with a bounty… and then pay their bounty to hire them.

That means you could hire the Bugmaster and the other named Criminals with near godlike stats.

So AI Cores ONLY spawn in Ancient Tech Labs rights? Meaning there's only 2 cores at most that you could get without importing

So shit like bandit expeditions and animal incursions actually use camps and nests? Fuck, I hate that nests wipe even if no one is killed, I left like 10 dead bandits so a bonedog host would come to me instead of having to hunt for them.
But you're right, expeditions are very fun, and I only made a base so the adventurers/merchants would have a place to come back to.

There's a total bro named Burns in The Flooded Plains in the north side of the map, but Iron/Security Spiders and Broken Skeletons deal quite a bit of damage and going in alone might be dangerous if you aren't a good fighter.

Technically, the cores could have spawned in other kinds of ruins. Not in libraries, but there's more "lab" types. There was a bug however and it never happened. It should be fixed now though.

Bandit camps, I can't confirm. I think I saw someone once wiping out a bandit faction, but I'm not sure. Animals do work with nests and you can kill enough of them that the nest wipes. Usually happens naturally if you settle near them.
Expeditions are great because all the boring repetitive shit (mining materials, crafting high-end gear) can be automated, so you go on adventures and come back to a settlement filled with food and trade goodies.
I haven't reached a point where I feel confortable enough to "raid" towns but my group of stickman dressed like ninjas and named "Stick Ops" have stolen every single Holy Nation city and sold it all to the UC.

I forgot, but if you're a Skelly, go north to World's End. There's a librarian there that will have additional dialogue for you.

I have never seen a turtle in this game and couldn't travel far from the city I was in because of the bandits and monster of which none I could even harm and tried to harvest their meat but all they had was foul meat

If I wanted to be a smith in the city, how do I solve the power problem when I'm not allowed to build generators?

All the cities I've settled in had a good power grid. If yours doesn't, you might just need to wait if there isn't enough wind.

I decided to settle in clownsteady since I can abduct rebel farmers and lock them in my tower

Beat my first pack or starving bandits, feels good man.
Once I can beat a pack of river raptors I'll head to the swamp and start doing some trading runs. Maybe set up a base soon after that.

He's been making this for 10 years and it's still not finished. Just fucking snort coke and work without stop.

Wait River Raptors aren't supposed to be beginning enemies? Did my game screw me over?

No idea, I just am using them as as a measure of skill.

Oh boy. Anyone got tips for finding engineering research and ancient research books?

Worlds End sometimes sells them.
Ancient Labs, if you can get past the spiders.
Importing the game resets loot

I captured my first farmer. Fightclub in clownsteady a go.

There could potentially be more than 1 at each location. At least, before the apparent bug.

World's End, Ancient Labs, Ancient Workshops, Ancient Tech labs. Off the top of my head.

The Lightning effects in the deadlands is cool as fuck.
There is also a robot village to get a free robot companion.
Later I think I'm going to build a base there and fill it with nothing but robots.

There's two kinds of River Raptors.
The northern one's are pretty tame and easy to kill, good starting enemies since they don't eat you.
Then there's River Raptors from the swamp. They hit like a truck and go down just as hard.
They don't eat you, but behind every stone of the swamp there's a blood spider just waiting for your uncounscious ass to fall down.

Does the shop counter work in this version, finally got my weapon smithing up to refitted blade quality so I can start making a small profit on selling blades to the shops but at a much lower price.

Not really.
It simply enables caravans and some visitors that don't really buy anything.
You can use this:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156043634&searchtext=shop
That will get you actual clients.

The author unfortunately doesn't work for weapons and armor at the moment. But at least I'm making about 800 profit per holed sabre at the moment from shop sales.

In my experience, engineering research spawns only in Workshops, while the Ancient Books can be found in almost any tech ruins, and are sold at World's End, if they sell ERs too, then I have shit luck.

They buy the "useless" shit, like any alcohol or food, i'm guessing they buy Luxury Goods or Medical Supplies, too, that's how I make a bit of cash.

Try selling Katanas, the refitted blade ones sell for like 3k per sword, that's how I financed most of my shit and kind of still do.

I need to explore other cities to get more recipes. Right now the best I have is catun 1 holed sabres for 1770 cats from 4 iron plates.

The blueprints should be sold by the guys near The Hub, and the UC weapon vendors, but I recall it being worth about 15k, anyways, 5 katanas and you'll get your investment back, and if I recall correctly, each one takes like 7 iron plates, I think they have the best ratio of materials to profit of any weapon.

Actually I think bandanas have the best profit ratio. It's 0.4 fabric for 623 cats for a high grade.

Can anyone explain how armor works? That and the stun resistance on armor too. Im guessing that how much it cuts damage, and something with a 40% stun resistance means it cuts stun damage by 40, or something.

It works.

Forgot to add. The rate of money making with bandanas is 1106 cats per 0.7 hour at the cost of barely 20 cats.

Honestly fuck base building, I'm so tired of this shit. Right now there are 3-4 places on the ENTIRE FUCKING MAP, that give everything you need, meaninf there is no point in expaning elsewhere, you would think the deadlands would have abundant resources. but nope your best bet is in the old areas.
You would thing fucking anywhere else has resources to tease you into building there but fucking nope you're lucky stone and iron overlap, making the whole base building moot.
Fuck the devs and fuck the retarded faggots who defend, this and I've own the game since its launch.

I believe it has by a chance to absorb the damage by the amount it specifies, for example, if it has 70% Chest, there's a 70% chance you'll block resist some of the damage, but I believe stun resistance is more like converting part of the cut damage to stun, so you don't have to waste more medkits, after all, it's better to have a bruise than a cut.
But it's the first time I actually try to think about it, so I'm most likely wrong.

FUCK THIS STEAM MOD HASTUNE NEKO, I'VE BEEN A BACKER BEFORE THIS FAGGOT WAS EVER A MOD AND HE BANS ALL NEGATIVE CRITICISM ABOUT THE GAME

so hard

Yeah in what 5 areas? There is an area right by the hub which supplies, copper, food, and iron and allows all enemies to be funneled.
But heres a cap of the current mod of Kenshi who bans all wrong think.
A fucking literal furry.
He is fucking cancer that has moderated a fucking thousand other cancerous EA games, and cause all critical opinions to be censored.

I briefly checked the forums and saw him. He seems like a massive faggot.
I wonder if bitching to the devs would help. They seem like you typical aspie on a powertrip.
Then again it probably doesn't matter

The devs are pretty receptive to criticism, which is the problem.
They are willing to listen to criticism, but the most recent ban I've seen is Hatsune flipping out because someone used curse words, ignoring that cuss words are censored.

But that either way seems to really ruffle his jimmies.
People want more balanced base building but it doesn't matter as long as a fag who is on the level of Orlok, of DayZ is moderating will censor all bad fee fees from the devs.

I'd like to provide hard numbers, but I'm busy at the moment so the following is what you'll get and is what i recall from when it was explained to me:
Each armor has a % of a body part it covers. This is the flat chance your armor will work or not. For Black Armor Plate Jackets, this is 100% on the torso and arms.
After that, it has a Blunt and Cut. This is by how much it'll reduce the incoming damage of that type. So Cut 40% means if a Holy Nation guy swings a 20 cut weapon at you, you only take 12 cut.
Then there's Stun. Stun is how much nullified damage (may only be nullified cut damage - i'm not sure) you take as blunt damage instead. So a stun of 50% means 50% of the relevant stopped damage you take as blunt away - in my example, you'd take 4 blunt damage off that 8 stopped cut.
You want coverage (the X% body part) and damage nullification (X% cut and X% blunt) as high as possible, and % Stun as low as possible.
I don't know if the % blunt interacts with stun at all. And in 0.95.27 you had to equip items in order of lowest stun to highest stun to minimize stun. Don't know if they fixed that.

Suddenly I can defeat entire hordes of bandits just with the power of flying kicks.

Let me guess, you're that retarded from a couple of months ago that refuses to settle anywhere that doesn't have 100% availability on all resources.

I settle in Howler's Maze, that island infested with crabs to the east of the new map.
Resources are:
It's also Arid AND Green, so I can plant cotton, vegetables, wheat and cactus.
On my way there, I've passed plenty of areas with resources like this, I simply didn't like the place.
If you want 100% in everything, either turn on easy prospect or go live near the Holy Nation.
It's also easy to set up a village around a farm (all you need is Green biome and 100% water) and then one or two mining outposts. Everyone lives near the farms (smithing and armorsmithing) and you periodically send an animal loaded with food to the mining outposts. And by "mining outpost" I mean a storm house, a mine and a processer. It's 25 building materials.

Hey buddy, why don't you show us what you posted. Because Hatsune is pretty retarded, but he's also pretty patient on their forums.
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that what you posted wasn't "negative criticism", more like shitposting.

Played it, liked it but not really interested in it.

Considering how long it took the dev to get to this point, I'm guessing this game will release in an appealing form around 2030.

Might be worth playing once the factions engage in war and you can go mercenary, if that ever happens.

o boy i sure do love video games

That means you aren't strong enough yet to consider yourself a lord.

You have disnored yourself and brought shame to your house.
Commit sudoku and try again, worm.

I'm about to start a new file and I want to know what is that easy prospecting option in advanced options?

It makes settling for a settlement location a lot easier by enriching the soil until it's africa tier.

>(((indie))) trash

sage

Like the other user said, it simply bumps up the resource availability of everything to 100.
It sorta removes part of the challenge, since you could have to settle for producing only part of the resources, or have to settle multiple outposts.
Then again, it lets you settle on stupid places that you should not be able to live in.
Try settling in the Fog Islands. Perfect place to live in, peacefull and noone bothers you there for some reason.

And the ones who do have no feet

It sorta removes part of the challenge, since you could have to settle for producing only part of the resources, or have to settle multiple outposts.

Thanks fam, but I heard the stores of the foglands and fog people from the other threads or was that the swamp people

The stories you heard are lies and miscontructions.
Noone lives in the Fog. The Fog is friendly and empty, plenty of space to live. Trust me.

Kinda unrelated, but some of the stick people sold me a "magical lantern" that is suposed to protect me from the Fogmen. It costed me 2500 cats and I'm about to go try it out.

Report back if you live

You buy the bridge they were selling too?

Hey, that bridge will pay itself in due time!
Stop slandering the friendly stick people.

Oh I think I'll be fine.
I got that mod that adds belts with stat effects, but I think I'm gonna remove it.
They're too cheap to craft, sell for a fuckton and some have completely broken effects.
One of them is the "Herme's" belt.
At Masterwork grade it multiplies the Atheltics effects by 5.05 and costs 35.000.
I found one for sale at Protype grade, costs me 150 cats and multiplies atheltics by… 4.85.
Not much of a downgrade, the problem is that it raised the run speed of my dude (around 25 or so) to 96 (I assume mile per hour).
He's running across the desert and since Kenshi kinda simulates physics, he has trouble entering towns because he can't de-accelarate fast enough. Gotta remove the Belt of Blinding Speed when I'm buying stuff.

I think I'm gonna end up removing the mod, it's hilarious, but I noticed the "Belt of Medium protection" gives you 40% damage reduction on every part of your body so clearly the guy that made it hasn't really punched in the math.

Wow guys. The fogmen are peaceful don't fall for holy nation propaganda. You try living next to the holynation, you would get bad stories spead about you too.
The fogmen don't hurt anyone, you should bring a large group of adventures through and probably some children, make sure ones a little fat or well fed.
You will see.

Talking about the holy nation, even their diplomats are rude. When I visited shark, their diplomat with a combat stat of 1 saw that I was a skelebro and immediately rushed me with his fist raise. Those people are rude I tell you.

I had that happen too. I decided to teach him how peacefull the Fog Islands are. I brought him along on my shoulders and kept telling him how great the place his.
i placed him down on top of one of the Island and the rude jerk tried punching me again.
I punched him and left him there, then told the Friendly Fogmen they had a guest.
The Fogmen said they had a feast planed with him.
That's how you receive other cultures: with a feast and a party.

FOGMEN GET OUT
THIS IS A GREENLANDER BOARD

I've been training with my katana on the training dummy and so far my melee is 20 and my proficiency in katanas is still 1, what the fuck? Do I need a spesific type of glorious nippon steel or what?
Also is the only way to improve toughness to get the shit kicked out of you?

Last update broke the katana training.
Check it but I think you might be training Sabers.
Or nothing, people reported both things.
You can train Katana by hitting people.

Any idea where a lone ronin could find a few rouge gaijin to slay to practice his kenjutsu near blister hill?
The guards do not help outsiders like myself for some reason.

Fogmen reminds me of the savages from Bone Tomahawk. Spoopy fucks.

Fuck it, I think I'll persevere. Bannerlord isn't coming out anytime soon and I think the roaches are going to line up the devs in a wall soon anyways, What's a nice goal to have? A full functioning town in the middle of nowhere? I've been trying this bounty hunting schtick but is the game dynamic enough to generate future targets?

I think the main goal is to create a base that rivals the existing factions. But I don't think that a large base would last very long without the need to either start to canibalise one of the factions or just outright up and make a new base elsewhere.

Okay as I said before I am going to start a new file as a wandering Kung fu master, and I want to know the most efficient way to level my character

Whilst being a super cool insta KO wandering sit wizard on the road to revange may seem cool, it is not the reccomended path to take if you happen to also have any semberlence of a life.

Start by headbutting swords. Lots of headbutting swords. The tougher the sword you headbutt, the better, raises your toughness faster.
After that, grab the heaviest armour you can find, even if it's stolen and fith unarmed in it.
It's gonna raise your Strength and Dexterity very fast. The unarmed stat itself doesn't matter as much as these two (it still matters a lot, but not as much as these).
Overtime, your dodge will also increase.
THIS IS BAD. At the start, you WANT to get hit to train toughness.
When you reach 50 in most stats, don even heavier armour, wear slave shackles and try to beat up one of the Hundred Warriors. When you go down (you will go down) get up again and teach him another thing or two. Repeat until HE goes down. Move on the other fuckboi next to him. Proceed with this until every Shek warrior has a tatoo of your fist in their faces.
Press "C". You should have 90 in every skill.
Find the bugmaster, dust King or other infamous/strong enemy with top tier skills.
Cage him and fight him over and over again.

To be honest, long before you reach 90 in all skills, you'll be Florida man: fight off 20 armored guards while jacking off.

Solo the bugmaster

Thank you anons, Now in my start I saw a fag get KOd in a bar fight so I robbed him of his katana and solded it for food money and then traveled to drifters last since it was close. Where do I find enemies to fight

Get the fuck outta there.
That's slaver territory. If you go down, 50% chance some asshole slaver sees you and goes "free slave, lol".
Unless you're friendly with slaves. Follow them around, they often find groups of escaped slaves. Beat them up and the slavers will help you so you're not overwhelmed (but I don't think they'll heal you). You can even drag some of them back to the slave shops and sell the prisioner on your shoulder for money.

I have a different pair a pants since I stole it from that other guy so I don't have slave rags anymore but I encountered a large group of them when we were swimming and it seemed like they wanted to get to me but I swam away from them and then the went there own way

It doesn't matter. If you're uncounscious near Slaver's theyll take you.
I got into a barfight with some hobo in one of their towns. Everything went well until the asshole (using a plank) hit me an another bystander. The bystandar gets up and tries to punch him. The guy cleaves the bystander down and we resume the fight.
A slaver rushes in, gets the bystander on his shoulder and disappears. 5 minutes later, I sell the guy's Plank (shitty quality) and use the money to buy the bystander from the slaver.

I also got rammed by goats in another save, 500 seconds of Unconcious time. While waiting for it, a slaver group passed by, saw me and decided "hey, free gibs".
Slavers are assholes who roofie your drinks, don't trust them.
Fine source of recruits though, 1000 cats for an extra pair of arms? Good shit.

What stats do I need for that?

Also, fuck there are no qts in this game. Skeletons need feminine robot heads. Also, kinda lame they can't wear headgear. I just want my robot army to look cool.

Thanks user I'll get out of there right away

Okay so now I left the place and I still have not encountered anyone to fight that doesn't have a giant cleaver that can 1-hit kill me. Also why is food so expensive ?

You cannot fight anyone in this game right off the bat without being beaten up. Getting your shit kicked in is inherently part of the game because of the leveling mechanic.

Try reaching The Border Zone, it's north of the swamp, and it's a pretty safe zone, the strongest things that reside there are Dust Bandit groups, and last time I got someone KO'd by Bonedogs, the dude wasn't eaten. So you will get your ass kicked without dying, the worst thing that could happen there is a RARE Slavemonger party randomly appearing when you're down.

I understand that user but what I was talking about was that they just almost instagib me and then I have to reload

I'm all the way in the south, do you think you can do me a favor and post the map so that I know where to go user?

I'll spoiler it since it has every location marked and I find exploring the place a pretty great part of the game, also fuck the swamp since Slavemongers are cunts and Blood Spiders are evil incarnate and they are always nearby.

I'm in the hook. Well I better pack some more food because this trip is going to be a while. Thank you user

into the trash it goes

on my traveling adventure to a new land, my game crashed.

Stay close to towns, Red Sabres and Ninjas are cunts and WILL mug you, taking your medkits.
Swamp Turtles have like 14 meat on them and they're shit at fighting, but hit for like 20, Swamp Raptors can look scary but they're harmless, but they eat corpses, so if you ever see someone killed loot them ASAP.
Lastly, Athletics is VERY important, if you see Blood Spiders, make sure you're faster than 16 km/h, else you're dead, other than that, good luck on the journey.

Why? Other people are the worst.

That pic can't be fucking real.

There's a mod to let Skellies wear hats

Hmmm. Where can I sell these retards that attacked me? I wanna sell one to slavers.

After a good 20 minutes it finally let me go from the crashed game

It was a gold water ad a while back and it was real

Nevermind. I'm assuming the location called "Slave Market" is where it's at. I thought there'd be more.

To be honest, I've never tried enslaving people, I've liberated some and recruited prisoners with that mod, but I recall being able to buy slaves, or sell one of your faction members as a slave, if you can sell unconscious people I don't actually know.

When you train on a training dummy, it only raises your melee attack skill - it won't raise your weapon skills.

Just look for roaming groups of bandits to fight.

Slave camps, or slave shops in cities. Pretty much all of the UC cities sell slaves.

You can pick up random KO'd people and sell them. I've been playing with a band of not-quite-yet-samurai in the new desert areas, and my early game has been fighting outlaw farmers and selling them for 400 cats a head at the slavers. You can generally get more than 400 if they have a bounty. Their gear isn't worth much, sadly.

Ugh. I can't go back to UC cities. Fucking guard put a bounty on my head because I couldn't pay the bribe on the contraband he planted.

If I hire the two skellybros at The Shark, can I go back there for more skellies or is three skellies the best I can have for a wanderer start playthrough?

But slaver camps is exactly where you can pick up second hand equipment for cheap.

Send another character into the city for you, they'll only attack the one that actually has a bounty.

Dunno about the skellies, the only one I've ever hired was at the bar in The Hub.

60+ hours sunk into this game, and there's still so much shit to learn.

Savers have a bunch of towns. More on the east coast since United Cities make slavery their national sport.
If you're in the Hook, Slave Market is the big one.
There's also Eyesocket and some other I forgot.
Just take someone there, find the "Slave Shop" and tell the guy you're selling.
I think you can also simply put them on the cage and get paid.

Also, heavy recomendation for people that want to settle: don't do it right away. It's a fucking chore because noone you have will be able to defend you.
Get a band of 4 to 6 guys, adventure around getting stats and money.
Only when those 5 can fight worth a damn should you settle. You can just find a bunch of slaves (buy them, they're 1000c a pop) , give them backpacks and stock'em with building materials/iron plates to start you off.

The UC city guards will turn to look some place else as the slavers break down your prison's door to take your prisoner as a slave. Would not recommend staying in UC.

I did not know that, maybe Ill take a hike over there and a maybe pick up a packwaifu.
Is there a link to the most updated version? I'm using the one in the thread but it looks like there are some good changes to the UI and sheit. I'll throw down money if it looks like its getting close to release or he finishes the map.

Put 20 dollars in the bank, by the time this game comes out, it'll be worth 80 and we'll all be speaking Korean.

Anyways, went to the Slave Market and was hanging around the bar when a platoon of Swamp Ninjas attacked the town. Long story short, I'm several hundred cats richer. There's also a bald qt in one of the cages. Are there any plans to include brothels in this game?

No, but mods will fix it.

I'm actually vaguely miffed that the dev won't let players run slave camps, you can end up fighting a shitload of dudes regularly depending on where you settle and it'd be rad to force them to work your farms and mines.

the fuck are you on about? There is no multiplayer.

it'd be kinda rad if you could encounter other player's characters wandering the wasteland though

Thanks for the advise user, I visited the slavers camp then it was attacked by swamp ninjas and a guard was KOd so I stole everything from him and then ran into the swamp then I ran into a ninja and dropped almost everything and ran away and continued running as everything in the swamp chased after me until I made it to the borderland.

At least I leveled up my athletics skill

Also how far should I raise my toughness?

Heavy armor can be a really bad idea if you don't have high stats, since you'll often take a hit to things like attack speed. Also, be careful - if the stuff you stole is considered a uniform, it'll count as a disguise and you could get in trouble for wearing it. High stealth improves disguise effectiveness.

Anons told me I was going to need it later to become a kung fu master but it doesn't matter now since I dropped it all the moment I saw one of those swamp ninja niggers coming at me and ran like hell

You'll want higher quality armor anyway to preserve your combat speed. Stick with light armor now and craft the heavy later.

How does owning slaves work? They dont seem to get added to your squad, I just bought some shek for 10k with great combat
and a packmule

I'm sure you've figured this out by now but you need to either wait or move away from the store you bought them from. The game adds them as a squad mate later.

Not sure if this still applies but there used to be a thing where if you buy a slave there is a chance they would run away.

They used to be cheaper also.

You can wear faction uniforms without issue anywhere there isn't that faction. So if you steal a samurai guards gear as long as you stay away from united cities regions you will be fine.

Some of them join right away, some fuck off, and some join after waiting. I bought 5 slaves and one joined, not very cheap if you ask me.

Slavery seems to be a seller's market.

Buying food is pretty terrible and expensive, you can get a ton if you find a downed caravan pack beast. They often have tons of ration packs. You can scavenging meat from a dead animal.

I'd only buy food after I've bought some trade goods to sell in another time. Basically buy anything less than 80%.

Sell at anything higher than 100%. If you buy at 70% mark up you are guaranteed to make a profit.

You can sell to travelling caravans near towns and get that towns prices also so that can save you some journey time.

Finally, the game is getting fun. The skelly who looks like he's too cool for school is the tank MC, squatbot and cutebot is our dps while the pretend loli, a slave turned ally, is training to be our medic/roboticist by healing us up and these Red Sabers we looted. Gonna have to find and buy a pack mule up north. These damn swords are heavy as fuck. Oh and there's a surgeon that can edit your face/body like in character creation at Mud Town. Not sure if he's randomly placed in the world though.

This UI needs a lot of work. It fucking eats half the screen.

Sweet.

Anyone noticed the ruins of GIANT FUCKING SKELETONS out in the desert and the bog? Something tells me the guy claiming to know the lore of the world doesn't know shit.

Plastic surgeons can be found in several bars, they can change your face so you don't look like an escaped slave or if you just want to look different. How do you get robomedkits? They are quite expensive. But robro team looks sick man, keep it up.

You're talking about the guy at World's End?
He knows, it's just information not meant to be known by the non-robots, talk to him with a skeleton

anyone know a good guide for this game?

Just, like, play game.
It's kind of hard to actually die in the holy nation area and what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

i tried it a long time ago and didnt understand it
i guess ill give it a try again
they must have added a ton of suff to it

We just found Burn. He's a pretty cool old coot. Oddly enough, he can't grab the shit in his tower without it counting as stealing. I think we'll try to get a big ass Shek lady to add color into the team.

Yeah, I cheated the MC's kits since he spawns with shit he can't use which is probably an oversight. It took a long ass while to get to a point where he doesn't explode the moment he fights someone 1 vs 1.

If you're a skelly, Holy Nation land is a death trap. I think a viable strategy is go to the Slave Market wait for a ninja raid in town and join in the fight, then loot the motherfuckers and sell them to the slavers. Easy cats and lots of training potential. That's how I got my MC beefed up.

AROUND SHEKS, watch your neck!

After taking care of the food and hiring proper fightan people I had the choice between starting the crafting of armors and weapons or step up a clinic.
Since I live in a place with Acid Rain and the crabs show no mercy so far, it was important to get everyone healed fast so they don't spend their days limping from the mines to the kitchen.

And voila, this is my clinic, and that's Dr. Sadneil waiting his patients. He also teaches medicine so people know about dangerous STD's and why they should not have sex with wild bonedogs.

The reason for the multiple containers is that he only stores stuff he crafts in the medicrate. The rest is were I organize supplies for expeditions (crates for splint kits, crate for normal and a metal chest for robotic healing).

Yes, most of that furniture comes from mods.
Yes, nearly 90% of me group right now are ragged hobos with nothing proper to wear.
Gonna fix them some clothes next, I got a guy training his armorsmithing.

How come your screenshots are bloated? Anyways, nice base. How are the defenses? Or do you not have raiders where you live?

that clip was pretty fucking cool

so its a bit like rimworld, 3d version?
also, how does it look like feudal japan in the fucking desert?

but this is mighty interesting, is still being developed?
is there a loonix version or is it wine friendly?

Thanks I guess.

More of an RPG than a straight-up colony sim like Rimworld. It really depends on playstyle.

Katanas, nodachis, other nip weapons, samurai, ninjas that do the autistic naruto run when stealthed (pic related), those gook straw hats, etc.

Yes.

No, and apparently only on older versions due to DX11.

I don't have raiders. I have crabs and the crabs kill the raiders.
Once, 30 peasants showed up yelled something about me having an Item that belonged to the traders guild.
They might have been right, since I was stealing crap a few minutes before.
I just ordered everyone to retreat into the mountains and let them have it. Dunno what it was but they left. And then the crabs killed them.
I still have to actually put up some walls. For now, the priority was to get a smithery going and let my smith spam staves all day for XP.

What is a good level to train up my toughness to so that I can continue my kungfu training?

My bad. I thought he was using the built in screenshot function.

Anyhows, going through a place called "Cannibal Plains" was a horrible mistake. They keep carting off our loli who can't survive a couple of strikes. MC managed to rescue her from a pole but he's seen some shit. They actually butcher people and cook them in a spit. Then the game crashed.

Okay what it the most effective way to train toughness, I'm at level 14 with this and it's taking forever

You're lucky it's cannibals and not fogmen dragging your loli off.
The fogmen don't wait before chowing down.

Get your ass kicked.

Good old fashioned gang bang, fam.

okay then I'm at lvl 23 now with toughness. When should I stop to increase my martial arts skills? I wanna become a martial arts master then save a qt girl and have her follow me through this waste land until we find some place to settle down

I have 45 toughness and I'm still find it lacking, but I trained up martial arts to 40 and dodge to 45 now. It might be time to strap loads of iron bars on me again

Get your ass to mars

Whenever you feel like it, The road to become the one punch man is a long one, especially when the attacks you have as a martial artist depends on its level, I trained my guy since he was shit at everything on martial arts, it was fucking hell fighting a single guy without getting my ass handed to me, and when you finally lose the bitchpunch at 20, you can actually win fights regularly.
Strength also affects the damage of your blows so don't forget to level that up too. My punchman has 60 in both of those and like 70 in MA, so his punches deal like 115 dmg per blow

I'm going to train it to 50 and then I'm going to train my martial arts skills.

Important question do the girls in this game have an undershirt if you strip them? I need to know if this starving bandit I'm trying to save is a future waifu or slave bait.

Also if you're a skelebro, a good place to train is the desert. There's a few UC towns there and most of the enemies roaming around the border areas of the deadzone and the desert are rebel farmers.

Undershirt below armor is a normal clothing category, you can remove that too. Women have bandages covering up their breasts.

That was one of my favorite female hairstyle too.Thanks user

PSA about Toughness

Why does it matter how tough you are?
Because it's your natural armor.
Hover your cursor above your toughness. See that little percentage about "damage reduction"?
Here's the breaks: at 50 thoughness, you take 100% damage. Pretty normal, right?
Below that, you take 1% extra damage from anything. That's right, at 1 Toughness (were most people start) you're eating up 150% damage from anything that casts a mean look at your ass.
Holy crap, that sounds bad. Wheres the good news?
After you eat your veggies and wear your big boy pants, you'll reach Toughness higher than 50. For every point above 50 you resit 1% damage.
That's right: at 100 Toughness, you take only 50% damage of wathever comes at you! Now imagine that your armour saves 40% of that damage from a wild katana flying at your neck.
Was the Katana hitting for 50 damage? Not anymore! It's gonna deal 30. BUT your toughness kicks in and you only take 15 damage. That's 35 damage avoided, talk about savings, uh?
Now you go and hit the fucker with your plank.
His armour is shoddy crap made by stick people and only covers 20% (might even not cover his whole body and the 20% don't do diddly squat). He has 40 Toughness so that's 10% extra damage on the sucker. If your plank was going for 50 damage, it deals 45.
That's 3 times the damage that sucker dealt you.
Apply this to larger numbers: if everyone in your group hits 3 times as hard as anyone, a 10 man group can take down 30 idiots who decided to take up sword-headbutting as an hobby.

My guy is currently punching between 95-105 damage per hit. I'm getting to the level where I can actually kill someone with my fist.

My toughness is at 32 and I'm doing like 7 a hit with unarmed

Can you vouch for it or is the story kinda pozzed?

Would you even think for a moment that's a feminist? Plus, the first dialogues to make into the game was actually curses, racist slurs and calling other people assholes.

That's good to know, thank you for the info..

The Flotsam Ninjas are the only remotely socjus-y group, and honestly I don't think they are portrayed that kindly either. On the surface they seem like freedom fighters trying to establish equality, save the womyns, and abolish slavery and all that junk, but as you read more about them they start to seem like unhinged anarchists fighting to tear down the state, but don't really have a plan for what to do next.

Seems fine to me and has gotten a chuckle out of me more than once.

Get the fuck out, the Floatsam Ninjas are the only faction worth a damn. The only reason the Holy Nation haven't turned into Canibal Chowder is them putting up a fight to save their families.
Even their leader is chill.

There's one bitch that you can only recruit if your female because she's tired of following men and that's it. Plus, gainning allegiance with them is pretty easy. Easier than anyone else.

Not all vaginas are incompetent dickbags.
There's a feminine tone to the writing (holy nation comes off as Muslims opressing women's rights) but what they wrote on World's End and everything about the Skeletons is great.

I also found the Spider Factory today. Spoilers:
There's Skeleton Shreders in there. Oh god, they're capturing skeletons, shredding them for parts to make more spiders. Christ on a pike.
Around that place I saw 3 squads of 8 skeletons each, 3 to 4 on every squad were available for recruitment. Could be a good place to get the "All-Skeleton" party going.

They might be fighting to save their families and stuff, and that's fine, but I see them more as idealistic punks than anything else. It just doesn't seem like they have any idea what to do after the Holy Nation has been overthrown. I mean maybe I'm reading too much into it, I dunno.

Here's my own base. It might not look like much, but that's because it isn't. I'm doing a playthrough as a brigand, and intend to get all of my supplies, from building materials to food, from pillaging caravans and any other fools unfortunate enough to cross my path. Why bother making things for yourself when its so much easier to take the finished goods from the people who've already done all that?

The sort of realistic textures is really at odds with the 3D models in this game. Should've made it stylized imo. It' would have aged better too but then you have to be really good at art to pull off a good style.

Anyone have any good mods the recommend?

Only mod I use is the hand painted inventory icons.

Active:

Disabled for new map playthrough:

One of those disabled ones also adds subraces, there were a couple of skeleton flavors and some additional humans, but I never bothered figuring out which one it was.

Well, what sort of things are you looking for? New race mods, weapons, ect?

>desperately trying to get the fuck out of Cannibal Plains
>LEVIATHAN COAST
ONE PERMAVIRGIN NEET LEVIATHAN TAKES HIS ISSUES OUT ON US
RIP team. We had a good run.

Alrighty then. That explains things.

I don't suppose there are any mods for a second tier light wind generator? I don't need it to be as strong as even the first tier normal wind generator, but an increase of 5 or 10 to power generation would be a cool thing to have, in exchange for an ancient science book or some engineering research ones.

Okay guess I can start training weapon skills as well then.

At my current stats, I'm good enough to wander the swamps and solo groups of red sabers and swamp ninjas, but I'm still in the desert hunting down rebel farmers.

How can we be as cool as you? We just went back down south to get a Shek lady because almost everyone up north rapes us.

You don't get to bring friends.

Haven't found any yet, I'd expected some upgrades to the generator outputs like the ones fuel-powered ones have, but since I never found any, I just have like 20 small wind generators running up for infinite energy.

Have you met any big guys yet?

Give it time, man, after getting assraped enough times, you become the assrape bringing friends will slow down the process tho

The big guys are all dead and their bodies are in the desert.

On the move to find more farmers to solo. Having them hit me with the sticks is doing wonders for my toughness training.

Need to recruit more agents eventually to complete the plane scene.

I'm also really liking the newly added desert areas.

So how many of you have ascended to making your own custom starts? Its super easy and fun.

What other starts can there be? All I can think of is a near immortal human like Wolverine.

Well I mean, starting as a weak wanderer is fun and all but if you want to get into the game really quick, you could design a start where you are a group of mid-tier goons and go from there. Or you could play as people you wouldn't be able to normally. Like you could make a squad where its just one guy and 20 crabs, and become Crab Lord, terror of the desert.

Oh and to train strength, I have a thief backpack with all the medkit and stuff in it and a traders backpack with nothing but armor plating and my future nodachi. No wearing the trader's backpack lets you carry 100% of the weight without the hassle of clogging up your inventory. The armor plating also stack up to 4 so you're carrying 20kg per 3x3 tiles. Just dump it when you need to combat and pick it back up again later.

Example of how much weight one trader backpack filled with armor plating will give you.

You should write up a tutorial on it.

Solo clearing a dust bandit camp. The last person had all his limbs broken before I put him down with a flying kick to the back of his head.

I HAVE been training in heavy armor all day and my martial arts skill haven't moved pass 10 even though my strength and Dodge are leveling Help. Also can I recruit bandits I saved or am I wasting my time by patching up their wounds

I just punched people and my martial arts went up. But I didn't use heavy armor until my martial arts was 30.

You need mods to recruit them, but you're not wasting your time - throw them in cages in your base, and use them for training.

That's probably what happened then

I don't have a base yet

In case you can't see the floating damage, that's 180 damage in one hit.

You're at least going to be increasing your medic skill.

Are there any good race mods floating around? I feel like trying something new.

I guess I will need to make a base then. I'm in the border lands now would taking over the ruined outpost or settlement be a good idea or should I head place it somewhere more open

I'm trying to find a comfy place to permanently settle in too but I can't find any. I want to settle in the Purple Sands because it looked so cool but the damn place is infertile.

can some of you niggs please upload some mods since I can't get them from steam and nexus is outdated

CHRIIIISSSSSSS!!!

Because of how mods merge into the game, backwards compatibility is rarely broken. I can upload a few for you, though - have any requests?

Why do we need an additional mechanic for mass combat? The system we have now seems to work pretty nicely.

If anything, I'd like to see the survival skill. Maybe some form of foraging, too.

New thread when?

All of the ones these anons recommended please and thank ou

The original idea of a mass combat stat was that you get a system where multiple weaker fighters can gang up to bring down a stronger enemy via synergistic attacks. It makes sense that there's an additional stat that allows for greater or lesser amount of teamwork in combat.

I really like this idea. It'd prevent super high level characters from being able to solo their way through everything.

It also means untrained farmer rebels wouldn't be able to stun lock your high level fighters, making non-heavy armor viable.

I'm turking your paladins!

We're at page 13 now. I think that's the point where its acceptable to make new bred

We're at page 13 now. I think that's the point where its acceptable to make new bred

Well I dunno how that happened

Posting is pretty fucked right now.

New thread