Ok guys, I'm a drawfaggot loser

Ok guys, I'm a drawfaggot loser.

My dream is to remake old retro games in 2D HD art, but since I'm a loser and suffer from low self steem and motivation and think I'm shit, I wont be able to do them.

However I still want to take old retro games and redraw them as HD illustrations.

Pic related, an HD screenshot of popeye.
Hope you like it.

you're deluding yourself if you think you can get anywhere with that crap. Do yourself a favor and stop now while you're ahead. Check em

is fan art, in any case.

First of all, fantastic tastes in terms of games.
Secondly, HD doesn't mean squat shit. They made those graphics look right using those times' limitations. If you want to homage them, see if you can make art that fits those limitations in terms of palette, maximum amount of pixels and sprites per screen etc.

Christ this is garbage.

I'm not sure about what I want to do.

yeah, limitations are important, but do I need to follow them?
I was watching a GDC lecture about the guy who made lucas art in those ancient games and he says limitation autism is not the solution, but that today we can do better stuff that gives nostalgia feeling without limiting ourselves.

I dunno, I still got told I suck, but is not like I can suddenly become good with magic.

nobody is going to take you seriously with that pathetic self-depreciating op

why?

do u hate fan art?

You are a horrible person

are you underage? you seem underage and poor and stupid, have you considered suicide?
sorry your art is shit and so is this thread check'em

not underage, low self steem.

Yeah here's a tip
If you start from the pixels literally all of your art is going to look like shit.
Learn to actually draw then convert it to sprite assets.
And learn color limitations.

It's a neat idea. Working on it will help you with making games in the future too. Keep it up.
If you want some advice, try being more consistent. The Atari-like graphics for the world doesn't match well with the drawn characters. You could redraw things to be a little more cartoony if you wanted.
You could add a background too, if you want. Something dim enough that it doensn't take attention from the foreground, but visible enough to add more detail to the game.

Also, Yes, this somewhat still applies to Atari era games. As far as I can remember.

Something tells me you came here for validation. Either way I'm sorry to tell you but you still have a long way to go before you can call yourself acceptable.

You’re too fucking retarded to know how to spell your self-inflicted namby-pamby bullshit, so either go wallow in your own emotions or man the fuck up and do the goddamn job. We don’t care.

You fucking suck, but so does every single artist at some point. The fact that you got something done is a good sign, but you need to work even harder if you wanna be at least decent. Art isn't easy.

laughed at this hard

Nobody is born knowing how to draw or do anything that takes skill. Everybody has to learn.

Please do not mix sprite resolutions.

For comparison this is what the original looks like.
If you are going to make it higher resolution then you need to also make the stage elements the same resolution. And I would add a background too.

I think is real art, just like Plan 9 from Outer Space and The Room. Keep going at it! DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE A THING.

Mind posting some of your work here?