Divinity: Original Sin II

So I saw a thread here a few days ago, and decided to pirate this game based on how that thread barely got saged. I'm on Classic trying to fight the Magister Houndmaster at Lv. 3, and he keeps kicking my ass. I'm rolling a Dual-Wielding Warfare character with axes, while Red Prince is a Battlemage, and then I got Sebille and Tumblrina (Lohse) as their defaults. The fuck I gotta do to get past this dude so I can talk to Devosa, or whatever his name is?

Also, sorry if I'm wrong and you guys hate this game. Just trying to see what's so special about it that it elicited that thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lore
archive.is/bgRuP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Learn your stuns.
Focus attacks on one at a time.
If you've played any turn-based rpg you'd know how this works

Not only this, but focus on one type of damage on your target rather than wasting ap bringing down both of their armors.

That or reroll a lonewolf summoner to get into act 2 and switch to a twohand warfare necromancer

What the fuck do you mean by this? You don't have your own opinion? I use to play fucking skyrim and i don't give a fuck about Holla Forums's opinion on games.
Not to derail your thread though, but you're quite weak minded, op.

Original Sin is easily the best isometric RPG released in a long time. It actually improves upon the formula instead of wallowing in mediocrity and stagnation like Obsidian.
One thing I recommend is that you wait 6 months or so for the game to get polished and major bugs to get removed. Play the first one or something.

Op is saying that Lohse is a tumblrina, he's obviously a tool seeking validation.
She's far from that when you talk to her, and actually the one who bitch the less in my party. I guess that's because she has strands of white hair, since feminists color theirs, but that's because of the thing possessing her

wew lad

That's a tough fight user. I'd recommend getting to level 4 first. Take them into the corridor outside, those archers should be your first priority to take out, everyone else is pretty much fodder except the houndmaster himself. I fought him on Tactician dude, can safely say that was the fight I struggled on the most bar the arena fight at level 3.
Fuck I hate that edgy pretentious bitch.

I regret not finding a spot for Beast for definite; it's a shame he was one of the last characters I came across, and his location is actually really nuanced as well.

I'm doing a double Dwarf Run, I'm a Warfare/Summoner/Geomancer.
And beast is my support cuck, who tanks everything, and heals me.
I'm like level 16 and i'm having so much fun, it's been a while since i've actually enjoyed an RPG.

Not even patched it works, fuck my tender ass.

What is this game's connection to the rest of the Divinity series? It feels pretty disconnected from OS 1, and that's the only other I've played.
I've been having a fucking blast so far, honestly. I haven't lost track of time in a game like this for a while.
Playing with a full party is for fags, though. I'm thinking about playing an Elf rogue next time with some Huntsman backup, but at that point I might as well pick Sebille and Lohse. I actually forgot Sebille was a playable character, because I killed her on the beach the second time I ever talked to her. Bitch threatened to kill me and the Prince, that shit doesn't fly.
Pet Pal is the worst talent because 75% of the interactions are sad if you sort of like animals. Extra XP is nice, though.

Infinite damage combo: Feedback loop from Soul Mate, lifesteal, and undead.

This causes the undead character to receive healing through Soul Mate, which damages them. Because you have Lifesteal, damaging them heals you, which damages them further. The way damage is handled the per-tick damage won't fall below a minimum amount, so just 5% lifesteal is enough to perpetually do about 2 damage in very rapid succession.

Obviously, not all of your enemies are going to be undead. If you use this combo on an undead party member, you can have that party member cast Shackles of Pain on an enemy (note: resisted by physical armor) to kill them with it. Living on the Edge will prevent this combo from killing your ally, and it will end when Soul Mate wears off. Life Leach only works on damage to vitality, so that's why the Soul Mate target must be unarmored.

As an added bonus, this combo will also provide infinite healing to the caster.

lucky you, beast is a liberal antifa-like retard

Lucian the (recently fallen) Divine is the hero from Divine Divinity.

Bishop Alexander, AKA Damian, AKA The Damned One, is the villain from Divinity 2. He is also the Deathknight from Beyond Divinity. I haven't finished DivOS2 yet, but I'm willing to bet the events of this game are what lead directly to the spoiler of Beyond Divinity

Fucking Reactive Armor, the skill so powerful they nerfed it three times in the first patch.

Goes something like this:
Get a shitload of physical armor
Find an enemy who also has a shitload of Physical armor, but slightly less than you (cast fortify if needed)
Use Overpower on him, now he has no Physical armor
Use Shakles of Pain on him
Use Reactive armor, blowing him up for 100% of your physical armor in damage (only 50% to you, shackles of pain makes him take the damage twice).

Fossil Strike (to create oil)+Oily Carapace to restore your physical armor to full as needed.

Honestly I haven't tried this in lone wolf yet, but I really really want to.

I'm level 17 right now (non-lone wolf) and that Reactive+Overpower+Shackles combo can do around 4000 damage in a single turn (4ap). Closer to 6000 if I buff first.

You can get even more value out of Reactive by casting Guardian Angel and then blowing up near your allies. It hits them too, but redirects 50% of the damage to you, which gets copied to your Shackle target. Useful for blowing up really big things, only 2 more AP (so still 1-turn if you use Adrenaline).

So the timeline goes like this:

original sin
original sin 2
divine divinity
beyond divinity
divinity 2

Or i'm wrong? i played all of them a little (the ones i played the most were OS1 and divinity 2)
Also, where dragon commander fits in all this?

DivDiv THEN OS2. Also I think Dragon Commander comes before DivDiv but after OS1 but I'm not sure on that one.

You got things quite the opposite of what it actually is. Sebille behaves like an edgy teenage emo boy who trans into an elf girl who is also a closet pervert. I am glad I left that bitch to rot; The first meeting with her both on the boat and in the fort were terrible (not as in writing sense though, but as in the personality, the character herself). She is alone in the world full of enemies, and the first thing she greet people with is with a pointy end of a needle and being a creep in general.

Bloody hell, I would rather take a random user from here in Holla Forums or /a/ than her on an adventure if they were somehow there. At least they make an amusing company, being less creepy than her, and most would not plan to kill random people in their sleep because muh edge and lulz.

All you need to know about this game.

But she can eat corpses and that is useful.
I personally enjoy everything that shortens the game without feeling like I am skipping content. Yeah, its a stupid as fuck attitude for a character who intends to live and not get herself killed. Unless its revealed that she was more suicidal than me.

The timeline is - Dragon Commander - Original Sin 1 - Divine Divinity - Beyond Divinity - Original Sin 2 and that's it. Original Sin 2 effectively makes Divinity 2 non canon as you will see once you complete the game.

I highly doubt they would make Div2 non cannon. Haven't finished DivOS2 yet, but Damian has a habit of "getting better". Also Beyond Divinity is literally about him fighting his way out of hell.

Dragon Commander is set 8800 years before Original Sin 1, so how I listed them is the correct timeline. Original Sin 2 is set in 1242 which is fours years after Beyond Divinity.

Oh, you poor sweet thing. Just wait till you see the lore rape Larian has dished up in Original Sin 2.

Agree about corpse eating part, but I can do the exactly same without being an elf. Beach north of the merchant on the broken bridge right after you broke out of Fort Joy. You will find the crazy bitch who blow the ship up, kill/pickpocket that crazy old bat and get Fanes shapeshifter mask. Change your mask to elf and enjoy eating cadavers. So she is fucking useless to me as a dick on a tree.

>its revealed that she was more suicidal than me.
So, a coward of a bitch who cannot even off herself properly and do the world a favor so she takes it out on the world by killing others in place of herself while fantasises about killing herself while fingering herself with a stump of an arm ripped from some poor sod to sleep before eating it the next morning, but not before fellating the blood off it just for show.

Even worse than I thought. Pic related meant for her, not you. Thank you for telling me, so I would avoid picking her up for complete story on the next playthrough.

I don't know what you expected from a wood elf.

This is certainly one of my favourite games as of late. I am playin as a lonewolf DPS/healer hybrid and the idea you can just make it work like you're some sorta regenerating glass cannon feels amazing.

Having a battlemage partner being able to teleport enemies off cliffs and just buffing my dps with wind magic and fortify and using warfare stuns as he sheds the armor off feels so perfect. It feels so amazing you can make a melee dps work with anything, even with a team of magic users.

I wonder if you can become a dragon knight

Also is there much reason to use a spear or two handed sword in this game? I found myself hitting a lot harder with dagger backstabs and the idea dual wielding offers more stats on rare equipment it just feels like theres not much reason to pick spears despite how cool they are.

I want my dragon knights back.
I'm still annoyed they don't name it second sin. Original 2 is dumb.

Also I got spoiled on the end, Damien doesn't seem important given muh eternals, muh Fane.

Yeah, sounds like elf to me. Too dumb to live, while eating rotting remains of whatever she finds.

Two handed does more damage, especially with crits though you'll need crit rate to get there. Bonus stats on two handers generally seem to be better than two one handers, plus you only need one. They also have longer reach of course. Spears trade damage for even more reach.

Of course, sword and board is even better. Bouncing shield does even more damage than two hand crits, Reactive Armor (geomancer) is insane, Overpower has the nice effect of "If your enemy has less physical armor than you, destroy ALL their physical armor". Between those abilities stacking armor turns into a weapon unto itself.

Two-handed weapon skill increases critical damage multiplier, so with a lot of points in two-handed mastery it's possible to land 3x damage crits, albeit they're not guaranteed unlike these ones from daggers & their backstabs. There's Enrage skill however, which grants 100% crit chance to regular attacks for a turn, so having your two-handed weapon master wait a little bit and someone else give them enraged status will pay off with those sweet big damage numbers.

Plus daggers in general are just shit for most of the good warfare skills. Stomp and whirlwind both suffer from their range and low non-crit damage.

Ok stomp only the damage, I'm actually not sure about the range on whirlwind but I think it's based on weapon range.

By the end of the game my war+necro twohand was slapping people for 3.5K+ on attack, and close to 10K on crit. I also had points in huntsman and scoundrel , so I had a retarded amount of mobility
I mean sword and board is nice and all but being able to cleave multiple enemies in half with one swing is just too satisfying
Also interestingly, i think the overpower effect applies after the skill does damage, so you can break armor on enemies with more armor that you.

The first game in the timeline is actually either dragon commander or original sin.
I know for sure that the most recent timeline events are as follows:
Divine Divinity->Beyond Divinity->OS2
OS2 takes place over 1000 years after OS1

Tfw game tops @ 83c on laptop. Back to arcanum i go n wait for other indie games :(

divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lore

Dragon commander was almost 9000 years before OS1. By the time OS1 starts, the empire implied in DC is already nothing but dust and ancient magical relics.

I RP-ed on my skellington a lot more than that. I made a death knight that is limited to what he knew before undeath (being an overall warrior) and what he gained after turning into an undead (anything that makes sense being a death knight). In the end I turned into some mega tank that outranks Lucian by a factor of 3 and essentially makes bosses kill themselves through the liberal use of diseases and blood. I couldn't bring myself to learn reactive armor because of how OP it would make my build and the whole earth explosive armor didn't fit my MO

Also you should had gotten hothead. Pic related.

We'll see how this works out. I had Beast as a pretty standard tank and Sebille as my token kidney remover but Beast never really did anything but get hit and Sebille did the worst at everything but being an edgelord.

How's the writing in this one? how sjw-esque is it?
I like the politics and waifu sims in the dragon commander.

Most of my conversations involve telling people that they're impeding my progress and I don't like that kind of thing. Then I hit them with my sword.

I'm a diplomat.

Anyone got a link for the GoG version of this game?

there is a feminist general, a lesbian but you can tell them to fuck off. Waifus are excellent tho.

Well I mean, I have more than triple your damage, so that's alright.
I'm surprised at how many class combos are viable, though on tact you have to minmax out the ass.

I can stand there and basically finish the last fight by buffing myself. That's the reason why I switched from 2h, where the high damage output would be useless the moment someone depleted my magic armor.

"there is a feminist general, a lesbian but you can tell them to fuck off" I like this option

I guess I'll buy this game. have a lewd

Is it possible to play without taking any ranks in the magic classes? I'd quite like to play a pure fuck-you knight kind of guy.

Yeah. You might need to rely on potions and scrolls but its possible.

That depends on your level of RP-ness. Spells like clear mind (fire 1) can honestly be written off as warrior's faith as it just increases almost all your stats except con and gives you immunity to most mind effects. Playing solely warfare is risky because warfare doesn't have any buffs available if you don't have a shield iirc. You'll probably need some buffing/mobility skills from the ranged and rogue side.

You can kill sebille when you interact with her in fort joy.

Speaking about knights, do we get to find better looking plate armor? The helmet and pauldrons from looks stupid and I wanted something more knightly looking, like pic related.

It's the fate of every end-game platemail set in every RPG to look gaudy and over designed, user. Accept it.

>everyone is on there for some reason apart from Sebille because I shanked that edgy bitch the moment she tried to kill me

I thought it was a joke option because he was a Skeleton and skeletons cannot sex, I think I just got raped by a skeleton.

It's not rape if you enjoyed it, user.

how 'booby' is the armour?

Depends largely on your race. Humans and dwarves are low tiddy, elves are high tiddy.

but elves are a bit leafy too tree tiddy you could say

I don't think I did
neither did he

If only tranny fuck was here.

Wait, this isnt a diablo clone?

No, it's what Larian wanted to make before the publishers made them make a diablo clone in the 90s.

OP here; who's worth stealing from in Fort Joy?

everyone

Why the fuck are all the torrents of this I can find 3 months old??
Aren't they patching this since it's still buggy?
I ain't downlaoding some old buggy build…

How much is the story linked the Original Sin 1? I got 20 hours in and lost my save file. Happened twice and I don't want to make another attempt.

Early access builds.
Of course. They're not Platinum games.
Why not download the release version then?

OS2 takes place after events of DD and BD (given how the divine is already "dead") rather than OS.

DD was the only one I beat but I don't even remember the story. I remember not liking beyond divinity.
Fuck it I'll just play 2.

She looks like a tumblrina and she's annoying so far. She's not as bad as the annoying as fuck red lizard dude with an overinflated ego.

Wait, isn't Damian the dude from Divinity: Ego Draconis 2?

It's kind of annoying that the game barely autosaves. I got into a fight with Griff after finding the oranges, and my last autosave is from before I even went into Fort Joy, which is exactly the kind of circumstances that just makes me drop a game.

I flat-out killed her when I stumbled upon her stalking that lizard. I was going to get some party approval by not turning him over to Griff, so I didn't want him to fucking die.

Same thing happened to me. Just get in the habit of smashing f5 fairly regularly.

BD is pretty shit tbh. Don't bother with it.

If Alexander truly is the literal son of the divine instead of some holy moniker, then yes. He's lucian.

Is Dragon Commander connected to this game? I played that one though I don't think I finished it

Dragon commander happened 10000 years before OS2

You can rat him out to cliff, then still ensure he survives by killing the assassin cliff sent.

It bummed me out too, but then I realized I was feeling bad because the game wasn't autosaving enough for me, so I grew some balls and started saving on my own.

Dogs can't climb ladders, use the map to your advantage.

Who ever worries about dogs?

Cats.

Muslims

Fortunately you can't play as a furry in this game, so it's irrelevant.

Niggers.

Scaleshit is a subsection of furshit, but giant lizards definitely don't give a shit about dogs.

Gib magnet link pls

Then we cant be the one who kills him in the new game considering you kill him in the expansion of Ego Draconis

So I did all Source Masters' quests in Act 2 and I don't have a Spirit Succ skill, is that shit not in game? It was heavily implied that you can gather source from spirits.

Did you go do the ritual a second time?

Yeap, I ripped his face off after the first fight, killed him and his companion when he was unconscious and ripped his face off again and killed him at the elven shrine and ripped his face off again. He just keeps getting better.

Where are the acts delineated? I'm honestly not sure which act I'm on. Is Act 1 everything up until you leave Fort Joy? And Act 2 would be everything from being on the ship to…where? When you reach Driftwood?

So, is Sebille supposed to seem like the edgiest cunt ever. I'm trying to give her a chance, seeing as she's a rogue and I need a lockpicker, but fuck, she's making me miss the Red Prince already.

Oh, so he's one of those.

It should be easy enough for you to make anyone your lockpicker, given that Loremaster and Thievery are the only two generally useful skills in the civil tree. Everything else is situational at best, unless you want to go the way of cheesy combat by throwing barrels of weapons at the enemy with Telekinesis.

no axes in OS2?

There is both handaxes and battleaxes.

you can make anyone a rogue and a lockpicker

The only thing I know about this game is
and I almost don't want to know more.

Wait you can cheese combat with telekinesis? Pray tell how do you do it?

If you're undead, you can bone a lizard so hard she joins you for a fight

Looks like they removed it, actually. In the original Original Sin, you could stuff a barrel or chest full of heavy shit and chuck it at the enemy for 1 damage per unit of weight, which was more than capable of one-shotting anything in the game. Doesn't look like they let you do that anymore, though.

Because I can't find a torrent….

What's the release version?
Simply searching qBittorrent gives plenty of results, ranging from v3.0.50 to v3.0.143. Is one of them not the latest?

Actually it seem you can still hit enemies with barrel and telekinesis, my sister did it the other day while fighting in the arena of Fort Joy. I cannot exactly say how it works but it seems you still can do it.

Anyone know why my summons sometimes appear with ~40% HP? Can't seem to find a cause for this.

Where do you go once you free the elf from Griff and get the magister's key? I must be either blind or retarded, but I can't work out how I progress.

I finally fucking did it. Cheesed the Houndmaster and his crew into the rotting elf's cell, and managed to fend them off. But now, I have no idea where the waterway Delour mentioned is at. He marked it on my map, but I don't see it.

There is a ladder that you will need to get down. From there you can use the key on the door.

Shit I got the CODEX version but want to switch to GOG version. Are saves compatible?

Delorus*

the waterway is through the main prison level, past the flenser.

from videos i've seen it has an action point system like the original Fallout games. although i love that system, is there something straight from pen and paper shit like DnD?

Well I'm here, but… no one else is.

There's another, fairly easy exit. In the flenser's room, down and to the left of him, there's a door to the area the blood flows into. There's a sewer grate in there that you can just walk through to escape.

HAHA NIGGER

are re-stealthing archers a thing in this?

If you already used one escape route then double backed, the boat would be gone. If you defeated the majisters but didn't talk to the kid before leaving, the boat will be gone next time you come back.

I can confirm that mid combat sneak to be viable if you have skills that can land you far enough or out of sight.

Temple of Elemental Evil is the most faithful representation of the 3.5 ruleset in a video game that you can ever hope to have.

DAE reddit hivemind and memes guys??????

Come back when you get your own opinions, you meme spouting retard.

I don't like this meme

yey

Remember to put one point in polymorph for free attribute point and chameleon skin.

and take Guerrilla i suppose

I'll argue for hothead as well. Sneak characters rarely get their armors fully damaged. Hothead gives 10% crit chance and 10% accuracy as long as you maintain full health.

thats how i was going to build sebille
with a warfare/necro main character

dont know about the two others..

I haven't even played the game and I already no who is first on my shit list. What are the lowest system specs you can have to play this?

She doesn't kill anyone in their sleep. At least not in the game.

She wakes them up and THEN kills them.

Is there a revive spell available in this game other than scrolls? 2 of my friends keep eating floor every fight because they took glass cannon leaving me and a summoner friend to finish every one.

Ok, that's still not better and computer specs?

Tell them to stop fucking dying.

Idol of rebirth. It auto rez whoever has it in their inventory and it only takes 1AP + 1 rez scroll to recharge it in battle.

So its 1 free rez per battle?
Do i need to recharge it inbetween fights?

Like I said, 1AP to recharge it with a res scroll. It's basically unlimited resurrections as long as you have res scrolls left.

That doesn't really help him.

It does since you lot don't need to waste AP casting scrolls at him and he just needs 1AP to recharge it once he auto-res.

But he still needs scrolls.

Kinda pisses me off tbh

make them talent Comeback Kid, then take Morning Person, and then Unstable

Is there any sex with human females? I've seen people mention skeletons, lizards and dyrdiers, but no women.

How your solutions solve his problem?

didnt think that worked

Scrolls are pretty cheap. What are you, poor?

Live Human Females can never appreciate you as much as a Skeleton Lizard Female.

does this sound bad by the way?
i need an user comfort me and to tell me that its all ok

We've reached a point in video games when orgy with skeletons of beasts is considered a nice touch in game design. Necrophilia mixed with zoophilia.
You think this is not sinister at all?

Have no idea, but I don't see why it wouldn't

i was watching Ster stream this and he used that at first but comeback kid prevents death and sets you to 20%, doesn't res you then set health

You could say its the original sin.

What a gay.

>fire voidlings appear after they die
>successfully fend them off in the corner with very little safe place
>meanwhile wizard kills himself by running over necrofire for 4 turns
It's a shame I couldn't tell his mother that he was retarded.

I teleported him to the village and STILL he wants to run into the necrofire.

Choose one of the storied characters to fuck and tell me why it is Fane.

You have a bless spell for a reason

What skills did you start with?

Maybe I did it wrong, but blessing it once just turned it into regular fire, which immediately got cursed again when one of the voidlings bled. Maybe blessing it twice in a row would have worked, but I imagine it would have become cursed again quickly.

Another way to handle it is to cast Vaporize once it is on fire. That creates a fire cloud which does even more damage, but only lasts a couple turns, which should mean it disappears about the time the fire voidlings show up.

I didn't think of that until too late though. I won the fight and saved the bastard by teleporting the Magisters down below to fight the voidlings for me and filling the top platform with summons and circle of protection. The sourcerer didn't ever have far to run to fight something, but I was able to keep the voidlings under control while we killed them.

In my game Fane has a shapeshifter mask as soon as I find near fort joy. Is my game fucked?

Cursed steam causes the fire voidlings to take damage instead of healing. Water balloons are the way to go.

As far as I can tell, you can't put out cursed fire with water. Also, Fire Voidlings have about 900 magic armor and only about 100 physical armor, so it's pointless to try to kill them with magic damage that way.

Also to note that Vaporize works on ALL the connected or even nearby fire, which for me was all the fire on the map.

You're not putting it out. The water balloons are there to generate cursed steam.

Fixed.

Well then the fire is still going to be there to kill the person you are trying to protect, heal the slimes, and you are relying on magic damage to hurt something that may as well be immune for how much armor it has.

So why doesn't this game feature any of the fucking characters from the previous divinity games?

Where does one find the patches for a pirated copy? Trying to play with a friend who bought it who is running a newer patch so multiplayer doesnt work.

Fucking game crashes more than a blind jap.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:UM2SHI7MTXV7RNL6FOXSOLZKADZCOZDH&dn=Divinity.Original.Sin.2.Divine.Ascension&tr=http%3a%2f%2fretracker.local%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt2.t-ru.org%2fann

This. Steal everything that isn't nailed down.

Lucky Charm is game breaking and Thievery is more or less required unless you want to spend your time bashing stuff down and losing out on loot.

There's a skill that lets you throw down a smoke cloud that blocks line of sight and a talent that gives you free movement. So you go to a safe spot, throw down your smoke cloud, get out of it, shoot, get back in and end your turn in safety. There's an upgraded version that turns you invisible.

Everyone should have two points in Polymorph. Polymorph has the following incredible utility skills:

And the best fucking reason to go Polymorph 2:

The wings skill basically gives you infinite mobility while giving you a decent defensive buff. EVERYONE should have that skill in your party, it's that good.

Necro has one but it's 1 per combat and does a ton of ton of piercing damage to yourself. Which you can reflect on enemies with Shackles of Pain.

What are waifu options?

Is it like Rune Factory where best girls aren't an option?

I think not only is the game very good quality for what it is but I'm having a lot of fun playing it on casual since it plays like Growlanser then

It's long after Lucian AND Damien died so 60+ years after Divinity I. Hundreds of Years after Divinity II. Thousands of years before Dragon Commander. You take your reason. Only 1 character can time travel thus far in the series and I haven't seen him yet.

Lads, pls answer me. Did the same thing happen to you? Is it supposed to?

Damien is in the game, and Dragon Commander is thousands of years BEFORE this.

smoke cover; scoundrel 1/ aero 1
huntsman/scoundrel/1 aero and now 2 in poly

how much can you split in this?

I had to chain teleport that motherfucking idiot like 3 times before he was finally far enough away not to fuck with the magisters I had just saved him from.

Then I went back and fought Jonathan and the fucking voidlings STILL appeared, when I had thought it pretty apparent that the reason they appeared was because of Jonathan's Source usage when he frees himself.

You don't need those skills super early. You can just put 2 points before 10 and get the rest later. Hell, you can just use jewelry with the skills you need so you don't have to invest points. Besides, free respec and and damage multipliers mean you won't lose out on too much from doing it once you get to act 2.

spider pussy

Jahan from Divinity Original Sin 1 can be found in act 2 (he's the Demonologist Loshe has to go to). He's immortal as per his quest in OS1, so that explains it.

Bishop Alexander should BE Damien. He's Lucian's (adopted) son and there's some text mentioning Damian as the name he gave himself. None of it really makes sense though. By the time Lucian is dead Damian should have already waged full-scale war against the Divine Order.

Entirely wrong. Having cursed steam above cursed fire means the voidlings moving in the fire gets damaged instead of healed.

The bigger question is why are you not teleporting your escort out of said fire and healing them up

The AI voidlings will slap each other to heal up. When you managed to whittle down their physical armor and managed to nick their health, this comes into play. Having cursed steam means you no longer have voidlings slapping each other for health.

Even stranger is that since OS2 takes place after Lucian died, the dragon hunters should already have been created though that does explain why you don't meet any dragon knights

Except for the one in act 1

I meant there's no signs of the organization known as the dragon knights ever existing implying a purge. Though you also never meet any signs of the dragon hunters but maybe they have not been formally organized.

Happens to me from time to time too, no idea why. Does it happen with all (non-totem) summons or just the incarnate? I've hardly used anything but the incarnate, and it's the only summon I've seen it happen on. It might be related to the ground you summon it on, since I know that can change his abilities somewhat. Like maybe cursed ground hurts him on summon or something?

They might be retconning Divinity 2 out. The impression I got was that they really liked their dragons and elves; so, I could see them trying to retcon most of that game out. The sentai dragon slayer squad may no longer canon.

It would have to be a retcon of beyond as well, basically everything that happens after DivDiv

Heres the strategy I used. I call it: Operation OILY BOIS
It envolves using Fane and Ifan in a spec operation to cover the entire place in oil. Then I put the two in strategic range spots and then start the fight. As soon as a good number get in I light it up.
I've evolved this strategy over time and use oil fires to cover retreats since I'm making my custom character into a lethal spell rogue with teleports and summons (the turret summon is great when i put it in oil puddles.)

Not exactly. Damian was banished to nemesis right before beyond and beyond is about Damian clawing back to real space. Lucian was betrayed and killed by a dragon knight (who was apparently mind controlled) after the events of beyond divinity, in which would fit the setting of OS2. The lore stated that the dragon knight betrayal happened when Lucian and the dragon knights led humanity against Damian and his demon army. However, the demon army was pretty much depleted when Lucian fell, so Damian pulled back and went on to do "other things he had in mind" which probably was building up the Alexander persona in the absence of both Lucian and the dragon knights to stop him.

Also stated in the lore was that straight after the war, it was the paladins who hunted both dragons and demons. It was 1238 to 1300 for that era, which meant dragon hunters were established somewhere during that since 1300 marks the start of D2. It's possible OS2 happened somewhere in this window of 62 years.

What you are missing is that, according to the Lore, Damian led the Black Ring against the Divine both before AND after he was banished to Nemesis. It wasn't until after he returned that the Divine was slain and he called off his attack.

If the Divine is dead, that means that Damian has already returned from Nemesis AND lead his army against the Divine Order a second time. After that it seems very unlikely that he could "blend in" to the divine order with a different persona. Plus everyone knows who he is so it's not like he's incognito, there's even a book that refers to him as "Damian", just in case you didn't connect the two characters.

How do I save Gareth?

Kill the magisters? I'm not sure which encounter you are talking about. I never had a problem rescuing him in act 1.

Right but how do I go about doing it? I'm Lv. 4, and you should know my party composition by now.

If you are under leveled, there is probably somewhere else you can go to level up.

You can convince the first group to leave, but as far as I know you have to fight the second group.

I think something's wrong with me. I can't seem to enjoy this game. Maybe it's those stupid Nintenties that rotted my brain.

Just fugged Sibille as Fane. I gave her a good boning if you catch my drift. Felt kinda strange when she started licking my skin and kissing my nipples, even though i am i skeleton.

She then rides you. I really didn't expect the game to go such lengths in describing the act, kudos to Larian for that.

So stop playing it. You don't have to enjoy shit you don't like.

Can no one check this one tiny thing for me?
fuck

I probably shouldn't have killed her on sight. But I just go where the rp takes me.

No that isn't supposed to happen. You get it from the bitch who blew up the boat at the start of the game outside Fort Joy.

Damn, my game seriously fucked up, then. Also I started about 3 new games already and it happened on all of them. Do you have a non-fucked torrent?

Leaving aside the "hurr durr elf" or heresy, she's a great companion. Lots of "!" events for her quests compared to let's say Beast, where you get to act 4 and he either leaves you or you must submit to him like a cucked fag. Instead you can get plenty of influence with her and she's super loyal.

I bought it

I doubt your game is fucked. Throw it away and try at least progressing to the point of him getting it legit. The quest flags might still work normally.

I'm sure I will experience all of that once I do my Chaotic Good rp playthrough. I haven't gotten to it yet as I always do my Neutral Evil run first. So much more fun to rp.

This isn't the only weird thing about my game. At the start after the witch woman kills every guard and everyone important is knocked down, trying to talk with Fane will result in that conversation about how he's a skeleton and all that but he's still on the ground and still an elf.
The kids also say the same things as before they were knocked down, but that's probably an oversight.

Yeah your game might be bugged to shit. Might want to try and get a release torrent.

I got this one 3.0.141.999 version. What's the newest version?

i just want to play video games

Medusa Head's the same for casters. Shame Spider Legs is buggy and only hastes you the first time around, but hey, shit's still OP.

user, I think you might just be shit at the game.

Happened to Totems, Bone Widow, and Incarnate, even when casting on clear ground.

It occurs because summons will sometimes level up to the correct level when they are summoned instead of being summoned at that level. It stopped happening to me sometime in act 2.

Could be worse lad, can't even get mine to work. It keeps crashing once it loads into the menu.

What's the best magic combo? I tried Aerothurge and Water, but it doesn't seem as good as Geomancer and Pyro.

Same. It goes through the loading and then dies. I'm trying to update shit to see if that fixes anything.

is there even a choice? Your party has to have a few spells in every magic school, it's simply not feasible to go pure melee/pyromancer etc., the game is shit like that. Your combined party has to be a jack of all trades

If you want to be able to do everything, then yeah.

Aero/Hydro works best if you two party members doing it since it requires set-up and since it benefits so damn much from the Living Armor talent. Pyro's great on its own, but everyone and their mother has high fire resist. As for Geo, the poisons spells are going to be useless against something like a third of the enemies in the game; probably has a ton of potential for a full undead party though.

I've had the same problem, updating video card NVidia in my case drivers fixed it.

I think I've found a waifu in Lady Vengeance.

Gimme best OP build ever known to man or i wont play.

Necro/Warfare, prove me wrong.

Nigger, like a give a fuck if you play this shit or not.
Lone Wolf and Executioner is OP as fuck with just about anything

I took lone wolf and then rushed summoning to 10. If you take all skilled up, at level 4 you'll have a giganigga imp who'll carry your ass all the way to the second half of act 2. At that point if you took your time and pumped damage attributes and skills you should be stronger than the imp. After act 2 feel free to respec summoning completely into something else.

>when you walk into Arx and see the piles of dead magister corpses

Does the butter bitch from Fort Joy meet you there like she promised to?

Haven't seen her yet.

You drove her to the B O N E Z O N E
D:OS2 is the first game I've played where skellies and humans can have consensual sex.

I want to say dragon commander did it first, but I don't think it ever got to that, implied or otherwise.

No, you could marry a qt skele but never bone her.
Complete missed opportunity, seeing how they have no problem with sex in OS2.
I'd jam it right through her pelvis.

You can fug fane..

wtf is this. Aside from random missing voices for some npcs or lines, and missing portraits for these orc spirits, this doesn't even have a female model. They already have a female orc model anyway that they could've used from original sin 1, seeing as how the male orc models are pretty much unchanged it would make sense they would also use the female models as opposed to nothing/blatantly wrong male orc model. I don't get it. This is some unfinished lazy shit right here. Is all this supposed to be placeholder and be updated in the future?
Right I think there were also other times when male models or even voices were described as "she" in narrator dialogue, I think there was this one elf spirit next to a troll bridge who was studying the troll and was clearly a guy, and then the narrator described him as "she", if I remember correctly. This is weird and retarded

You poor fucktard.

I'm going to assume it's an oversight on the part of lazyness rather than the much more sinister explanation that it's supposed to be a tranny orc.

Are you using hacks or playing gamemaster mode? I'm 30 hours in and wandering around on level 12 and the game isn't even a week old.

I'm like 60 hours on my save, and I probably wasted at least 10 restarting in the beginning. I don't think that even counts reloads. Also I think the game is 10 days old now?

I have 71 hours on the game from one playthrough, though I restarted act 1 4 times

I'm talking about DC though, not OS2.

what, I'm at approximately 80 hours now. Spent an eternity in the driftwood area. I'm not "fast" at all. Also did so much stuff that I feel slightly overleveled/powered now at tactician difficulty, but that may change again quickly, I won't know of course until I've progressed further

The end of driftwood and all of the nameless isle were pretty easy for me. It's very hard to find gear on the nameless isle though. I'm hoping Arx is better because I'm already a couple levels behind so I'm relying on summons for all my damage.

Arx is pretty good for gear because I'm pretty sure the traders spawn with 3 slot uniques and a pair of unique boots that makes you immune to slow, crippled and knockdown. Try entering arx as high level as you can.

I'm not enjoying it story/rp wise but there seems to be a tonne of gear.

I did the same thing while trying out class combos etc

I haven't actually played OS1 yet, but I just downloaded and installed it.
If I recall correctly there was some controversy at the time of release and "overly-skimpy" armours and such were censored. If so, are there mods that change them back more to what they originally were? I saw one on the Nexus but it goes further and has some rather ugly-looking tits. I don't particularly want nude, unless that was also originally planned content; I just want to spite the censors.

Am I missing something here? Why is this shit going upward?

It's bugged. I wasted way too much doing on that puzzle.

I figured it was something like not crossing the streams unless through those cross-pipes. Cheers

Installing the game now, anyone want to take bets on if it crashes when I try to play it?

Works on my machine.

What's your GPU? My 970 runs it fine. Hot, but fine.

Works on my laptop just fine, what kind of machine/os do you have?

I'm back visiting my parents for a while and with an ancient piece of shit PC from before I moved out. Turns out the graphics card (won't say which it's embarrassingly old) is only software DX11 not hardware. Thought maybe I could run divinity on this due to it's low system requirements.

Oh well, might as well re-download Icewind Dale instead.

Jesus Christ this is annoying as fuck.

>we're all undead so it's fine

For what purpose? It's not like you don't have armor to avoid damage or can't just bedroll to heal any damage afterwards.

Fuck this shitty game, I have done everything to try and make it work. I have spent all fucking day on it only after my last failed attempt do I realise it isnt fucking worth it. I just wanted to build a fucking paladin and fuck up demons with my holy might for fucksake.

Sent ;)

I hope my attempts will turn out better.

Nigga just get decay and water magic for healing and hurting enemies with your healing.
If you wanna get more healing get huntsmen firstaid, mix a warfare book with a water book for a super strong melee range healing spell.

Then just put your points into strength so you can wear heavy armor and memory to hold more spells when you need to learn new spells.

If I can make a hybrid DPS / Healer build you can manage a paladin build you scrub.

Nigga I can't even get into the fucking game let alone build fucking characters.

Oh, you.

You're so oblivious, it's adorable.

So you all pirated this game, right?

The minimum requirements for graphics are unusually high, given that it doesn't look better than D:OS1. My fucking driver won't update either.

Of course.

Yes but it's huge, so it takes time.

I have no idea what to do next, this is the second game I have played that didn't want to work. The first was jade empire

Ok then help me level up around Driftwood. I met the Lizard Sorceress AS IT SO 'APPENS and she told me to go to Black Pits. I'm still level 12 as of today but ran out of things to level on and end up running in to level 14+ enemies every direction I want to progress.

Ok fam.

Learn to read, nigger.

Except it does, if not by much.

Pirated it then bought it.

At least its 45 for a real game, not 60 for some half assed shit.

y-you too

You did all of the Driftwood town quests? Solved the Magister murders, helped the goblin tinkerer, fucked the lizard prostitute, etc.?

Run around, talk to npcs, investigate stuff, explore.
There's a bunch of shit to do in that area in whatever order you want. Also if you're good you can probably take on enemies one or two levels above you.

What's the point of learning Doctor Daeva's Demonic name if it doesn't do shit during the fight?

Fucking awful.

So, I just arrived at Fort Joy with the skellie and Red Prince, should I choose the mudslime or the elf as my last party member? Neither sounds appealing to be honest.

dwarf?

IT WORKS, HUZZAH

Infinite Damage with Necro1/Summon2 once every 3 turns.

1. Cast Soul Mate
2. Cast Decaying Touch

Make sure the enemy has 0 Armor or will result in 0 or less armor when casting Decaying Touch
Decaying Touch and most Necro spells are physical, scaling with int. So I just pump INT and Warfare.

What's the underlying mechanic behind soul mate? Is this a healing/damage/healing feedback loop?

The only open quest I have is to find Morduk the dwarf scourerer but he's in that cave with the mind reading ice spider void things I think. I was told to go to the bluffs and that's what's at the end.
Why are Lizards so much sexier than Argonians?

Soul Mate shares healing with you and the target.
Having necromancy makes you life leach(heal).
Decaying touch makes it so healing effects hurt instead. Because it hurts it triggers necromancy life leach, which shares the heal again, because of Decaying Touch it's not a heal and hurts forever.

There ARE decay immune mobs though especially after Fort Joy. Larian knows about this, after initially saying yeah, it's cool they changed their mind for whatever reason and will patch it out soon(tm). So enjoy it while you can.

And since you need Necromancer you also get:
Heal +10% of the damage dealt to Vitality.

So yes, it becomes a Damage->Heal->Damage loop on those that can [decay]. That should converge to 0, but since they round up drops to a minimum of 1 and only ends with death.

That sucks, it feels like an actual combo a necromancer would do to cause someone to rot from the inside out.

A minimum of 2 even.

Instead of saying we can't do that I think the most effective way to nerf this is to put the minimum damage down to 0 instead of 1. That way anyone who invested 10 level of necromancy can still consider this a "killing word spell" kind of affair that's still limited in nature since you spend a turn to kill one entity and the rest of them might still overwhelm you anyway.

Since necro + warfare + retribution pretty much breaks the game like in my first playthrough where I essentially finished the last fight by standing there and daring the bosses to hit me (the kraken retreated 3 times before I finally went and killed the boss), I feel like this combo handled correctly can make RP playthroughs of necromancers or necro-spellblades worth the time.

Addendum:
Because you get your Attribute Bonus to the Damage
1*1,05^[Attribute] rounded up,
or if +5% gets +10% on Level 2 and not +10,25%
1*(1+[Attribute]*0,05) rounded up

So it would be a minimum of 3 at [15] or [20].
Depending on their Damage Formular.
Webm suggests minimum 2 would be correct, so boni should be applied after mali.

Is it worth getting two-handed on dual wielding rogue?

A general rule of thumb for these sorts of games with two-hand vs dual wielding is you go one way or the other, not both.

Maybe check what two-handed does and what it would mean for backstabs.

Who are you quoting?

I wish I'd known this my first playthrough, holy fuck is pickpocketing obscene. Being able to make people fuck off for a mere 50g after you steal 500g is ridiculous.

No. Why would it be? You get literally nothing out of the Two-handed skill if you're going to be dual-wielding.

You sure?

How are you being caught after pickpocketing? You just run away immediately and come back a few seconds later. You're wasting money bribing people after they catch you. Just don't get caught.

You can't dual-wield two-handed weapons, and the bonuses you get from the Two-handed skill apply only to two-handed weapons.

Didn't know how it works at first, didn't know if they'll ALWAYS ask after you whenever they see you from then on

Also I had 3 of my characters distracting 3 of the annoying faggots in griff's area, and he chased down my last person while I was getting everyone out of dodge

What about the bonus crit damage?

Only applies to two-handed weapons. Or at least, it *should* only apply to two-handed weapons. If it applies to all weapons, it's a bug.

But I'm 90% sure that it's working as intended and only applies to two-handed weapons.

Check it.

How do you expect me to check that? I'd have to respec a character and put a ton of points into Two-handed.

RAW, the bonuses gained from Two-handed only apply to two-handed weapons. If it affects anything else, it's a bug and you can expect it to the fixed soon. If you have evidence that the crit multiplier DOES affect single-handed weapons, then, by all means, go hog wild and put all your points in Two-handed while dual-wielding. But I doubt it's the case.

Do it.

You do it you fucking faggot, anybody with a brain knows that's not how it works, so you prove it.

I'm in control here.

Do you think your in charge?

Is this the game being dumb or the game rewarding me for being a sly bastard?

Yes.

(double checked)
Can't it be both.

jesus christ this guy

You can also hide stolen goods in containers, use party members to distract guards/witnesses/marks and use various forms of magic to aid your thievery.

pickpocketing is almost too easy and really trivializes buying stuff. The one thing they did right was not letting you go back and pickpockett the same mark twice

Where do I need to be standing to "Store on Lady Vengeance"?

Can be done anywhere. Did you pirate? Cause they fixed it in a recent patch.

Nope, got it off GOG, but the update keeps telling me it's incompatible with my game.

You can pickpocket the same guy with a different character. If you can be arsed, you can just respec your companions.

You can actually take that even further and hire mercenaries from the lizard on the ship and spec them for pickpocket too. There's one of them for every base class so that gives you something like 16 total attempts.

Sucks to be you then cause they fixed it in the first update which is v3.0.143.148

In other news
Who would fuck a lizard cause I most definately would

So, you're telling me there's no way to update the GOG version?

I mean you'd pretty much just have to download it again probably

They also nerfed a bunch of fun stuff (reactive armor, sockets), so I'm not bothering with the patch myself

How did the nerf go? I've not read the patch logs.

Reactive armor costs 2AP (up from one), has a 6 turn cooldown (from 5), and does less damage (was 50% armor)

Items with multiple sockets only have one socket.

Why would they nerf those? Like 3 socket items practically only exists end game when it's actually time to reward progression.

Larian isn't either good at balancing or itemization.

Or not making new bugs, since apparently the "No more than one socket" fix ADDED a socket to existing 1-socket items, because code

Anyone have an executable patch that updates from v3.0.142.271?

That was a second patch that came out shortly later, on the same day

How did you change party members appearances?

The same way you respec them.

how annoying is Loshe as a character? I noped out of her at the character screen hearing her origin story but it seems a lot of you faggots use her.

If you heard everyone's origin story you'd play alone

I'm wondering if a staff battlemage concept might work well as a solo/duo character. Instead of going all physical, the idea would be to go all magical, primarily air. There are lots of short range and aura spells, it's easy to spam stuns, and most importantly Staves have exactly the same damage numbers as 2hand weapons. Buff them with venom aura/coating and Firebrand and it should do massive damage, whereas those buffs would only add useless magic damage in a melee build.

I should specify, an int-based battlemage. Front line with a staff

I gave her a chance and used her for a little while. Her personality irked me. She was bubbly and a little random in an annoying way.

As an example, if you ask her to leave your party, she makes a quip to the effect of, "Well I guess that makes us MORTAL ENEMIES. Or something to that effect."

Get the dorf and the mudslime. He's not actually a mudslime. The elf is absolute shit.

check the nexus, there's a few gog patches on there

Should I keep Fane as necro/warfare, or try out necro/summoner? The rest of my party is Red Prince as warrior/tank, Beast as stabby rogue, and Izan as shooty rogue.

Summoner is game-wrecking if you rush it early game. But as soon as you hit late chapter 2/early chapter 3 the Incarnate stops being anything more than a meatshield, really, and at that point you should respec your character. Which the game makes exceedingly easy, by the way, so it's totally fine to make one character a heavy summoner early and then just make them something useful later on.

I'm at Arx and Incarnates still do the bulk of my damage. Middle of act 2 I specced everyone into a rank 10 summoner so they could do double duty with incarnate champion+whatever their main class was, but they never have managed to catch up with the incanrate damage since.

Level 19, Incarnates do roughly 900-1100 damage per hit (non crit, rank 10 only). Which is more than enough against enemies that only have around 5000 total HP (including armor), when there's 4 incarnates.

A crit build with a multi socket amulet and two hand weapon might be able to do more damage, but that's heavily gear dependent (incarnates aren't) and I can still do something while the incarnates are out.

I just started act 2, so I won't bother changing anything for now.

How do you allocate stats for necrowar? So far I've put 2 into int, a bit into con, and dumped the rest into str.

Yo, how the fuck do I do Wreckers' Cave?

The part where your party is split up? You COULD just use the pyramids to get everyone back together again, or even just use a waypoint. I also found that Rupture Tendons and then escaping combat was enough to kill those giant void bugs, who would run around a lot when out of combat.

They fixed it, the gog patch should work now. Also when the patch was broken you could still use GoG-Galaxy client to update correctly.

I also noticed GoG-Galaxy has a version override feature, so I can revert back to infinite damage loop version even when Larian patches it out.

Necro/Summoner/Warfare

See

Fane's kinda cool. I like the idea of unfathomably ancient people lost in time.

any good mods to use yet?

It's a shame pickpocketing or lucky charm are mandatory to keep up with gear. You simply can't keep up to date with the crazy stat inflation without those, especially on tactician.

It's actually a very strong build.

They're the bulk of your damage because you can't invest enough points in other abilities to make those non-summoning abilities compete. Also, try playing on Tactician. Most of the stuff in Arx as a minimum of 10k life + whichever lowest armor value. There's mobs that run around with over 9k armor alone.

There's one called Tidy Skillbars that prevents items from going on your skill bar.

Personally, I like the Free Pet Pal one. There's a surprising amount of quests locked behind that talent.

I am on Tactitian. I haven't gotten very far into Arx, that was just the first set of vampiric voidwoken (about 1200 armor, 3000hp). I'm currently working on upgrading my gear in the city since just about everything was level 16-17 while my characters are 19. Nameless isle sucks for vendors. I do have level 19 weapons on the characters where it matters though.

Spreading the points around isn't really that big an issue. An extra 50% damage AT BEST, no matter which skill you put them in, and since I get 2-4 ranks from items right now the actual benefit would be more like 30%. Nowhere near the value of a summon that more than doubles my damage output from round 2 forward.

Is that the Civility and Grace mod?

Damage is multiplicative. To make things simple: (Finesse + Ranged) * (Warfare) * (Crit + Highground).

Yes, I know. Some of it anyway. What you just posted seems fairly random as to which parts of damage are multiplicative and which are additive. When I say 50% at best though, that's best-case scenario multiplicitive damage. Move 10 points from Summoning into something else. The absolute best you can get out of that is a 50% multiplicative damage boost (say 10 into warfare which has 0, best case) which at this point is WAY lower than the summon's output.

I capitalized it for a reason, man.

Man, I don't know what to do to get past these shriekers.

You either get a purging rod from braccus' vault or from the undead chick that enslaved the dragon. When you equip either purging rods you get the skill called purge which can kill the shriekers. Or you free the dragon and just go a little close to the shriekers and the dragon knight'll fly over you and kill em all.

You can also get on the ruined castle small dungeon where the cursed magister is. Bless the cursed lever as the rat says (there's infinite source on that room).
After going through the door you'll get a STR Helmet that has purge, however use it too much and you'll spawn a demon (free exp if you want). Be extra careful if you're undead, losing the helmet means exposing yourself as an undead and getting everyone as an enemy.

My thoughts exactly

and here I was thinking that the game was free of SJW crap. They just couldn't help themselves

….and I let her "wife" get executed

Seen three gay couples in Ark alone, not counting Butter being there.

I'm contemplating gassing the city. Also, anyone tried using Deathfog during a boss battle?

Lohse calls you her wife if you play as a woman in like, the first 5 minutes you play the game.

This game hit 600k sales
archive.is/bgRuP

Guess I'm fucking retarded, I don't get what the gimmick for surviving more than two rounds here is.

What do you mean? Personally I'm capable of finishing that fight by standing still (or until I get bored of the fight and finish it) while the user above simply tossed death fog at everyone.

Are you using the reflect build? I might have to respec for this shit. I'm currently going with a regular rogue/warrior/summoner/marksman party. Even if I make it past the first fight with all muh armor, the cooldowns for my good skills are still active.

For my first solo run I was using war-necro-reflect-perserverance, but not really. It's really blood storm that takes the piss out of everything.

Kill the Swallow Man, cure the aids and then zerg the boss. Keep in mind that you have infinite source for this fight, so change your skills around accordingly.

On a different topic, apparently Malady can survive the Arx landing and you can go back to the Hall of Echoes if she does survive. Anybody know how to make her live?

Do you mean the initial landing? She lived for me, and I don't remember doing anything special about it.

Ya that's what I mean. I did a goody-two-shoes Hero playthrough, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. I refused to sacrifice the innocents for Ryker's source point in act 2, maybe that's it?

Could be. I double-crossed him and killed him. I remember Malady mentioned something about talking to the Lady of Vengeance in order to summon her again if needed. Did you do that? Maybe it weakens her enough that she can't manage the last trip.

Nah I didn't summoner her from the Lady Vengeance in act 2, but she got super pissy at me for not figuring out where the gods were even though I had in fact learned about it without her help.

So is level 20 the max level? It's all green in the background so you're in some place with crazy amounts of source. Ancient temple or The Well.

People have posted level 21 characters. That's probably the final boss but it's not the max player level. There probably isn't a hard cap, just a limit to how much shit you can find to kill.

OP here, my eyes are now hurting after playing this game. What do?

Yeah but I don't want a Steam clone stinking up my hard drive. Is there a reason to keep it outside of updating my games?

So I'm about ready to set sail to the Nameless Island. But I can't fucking find Gareth. I did his questline, avenged his parents, gave him Jonathan's ring. Then he just walked out the door and entirely fucking disappeared. Where the fuck is he so I can kick his ass and get him back onto the goddamned ship?

Is he on the ship?

the downloadable patch works now, they fixed it. The previous 50mb file available was broken, the downloadable is now a 500MB+ patch that works, justlogin and check, no GoG-Galaxy Required.

If he was on the ship, I wouldn't be asking how to get him on the ship. Malady is explicitly telling me that Gareth is missing and I should get him to come back before we set sail. The most infuriating part is that she tells me he's visiting his parents, and I've looked all over his family's farm and he's nowhere to be seen.

You can just make single player campaigns for yourself in GM mode right?

Sounds like a glitch. I don't think I did anything but talk to him at his parents place (and pass his persuasion check) and he went back to the ship.

there should be a yellow flag on the map that is ontop of his location, it's near paradise downs.

There's a flag to his family farm where his parents are buried, but he's nowhere in sight.

ahh,right he only appears there after you meet him somewhere else, i think it was somewhere around the paladin bridge/witches hideout.

…you mean where you find him having punched out a Magister who turns out to be Jonathan, his childhood friend, and convince him to either kill or spare him?

Yeah, did that. That's how I met him at the farm and avenged his parents. I've done his entire questline, the problem is that after completing it he's disappeared instead of going back to the ship.

fugg, i dunno, i convinced him that revenge is bad and wrong then he went back to the ship, i still need to get my third source point too.

I think it's time for a new bread, this one is pretty much going to slide off the catalog very soon.

No, we need to wait a week before we make a new one.

Green Tea+Apotheosis+Arrow Storm+Skin Graft+Arrow Storm

Green Tea reduces the AP cost of all actions by 2, to a minimum of 1. You can buy Green Tea Leaves from lady Kemm at her mansion, who happens to be sitting next to a teapot you combine them with to make tea.

Apotheosis reduces the SP cost of all actions by 3, though it does cost 3 SP itself.

Arrow Storm does INSANE damage, every individual arrow does near full attack damage, you can expect at least half of the 16 to hit a target in the center. Normally it would cost 3 SP and 3 AP, but thanks to the Green Tea and Apotheosis, it's reduced to 0SP and 1AP

Skin graft resets cooldowns. Normally 2AP, reduced to 1, and the SP cost is removed as well

With the cooldown reset, you can cast Arrow Storm again with your fourth AP for the turn.

Add Adrenaline and Blood Sacrifice to the mix, and you get a total of 6 extra actions (use before AND after Skin Graft) Sadly you won't be able to reset Arrow Storm again, but I'm sure you can find something worth doing.