Vita Thread #33

"More Gaems" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games:

iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Previous Threads:

pastebin.com/A3HcN0jn

First-Time Buyer's FAQ:

pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Hacking:

pastebin.com/u7YpQWUZ

Vita Wallpapers:

ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Anti-skidding-Comfortable-Joypad-Bracket-Holder-Handle-Hand-Grip-Case-for-Sony-psv1000-Psvita-PS-Vita/32720773853.html#cfs,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=38db79c5-8175-4005-bd3b-9c1f3e0dde41&algo_expid=b5968a3a-a417-4f3a-bd30-40b03a475fd5-5&algo_pvid=b5968a3a-a417-4f3a-bd30-40b03a475fd5
aliexpress.com/item/Hard-Case-Cover-Skin-Protector-Hand-Grip-for-Sony-PS-PlayStation-Vita-PSV-Game-Controller-Protective/32713980489.html
spheresolid.com/
archive.is/3WUob
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/25/secret-of-mana-3d-remake-launches-february-15-on-ps4-ps-vita/
pastebin.com/fHFeeiMF
ibtimes.com/playstation-vita-sony-has-no-plans-re-enter-handheld-gaming-market-2594129
archive.is/1nF3j
mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/914574117109747712
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb#gistcomment-2163030
github.com/TheRadziu/NoNpDRM-modding/wiki
a.pomf.cat/phjrlz.zip
twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/916302089244106752
technobuffalo.com/2017/10/08/sony-vita-future/
archive.is/fufAm
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit
cowcatgames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=xenonvalkyrie
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG
play-asia.com/ciel-nosurge-offline-ushinawareta-hoshi-e-sasagu-shi/13/707wwh?li_medium=default-widget&li_source=LI&ref=liftigniter
pastebin.com/TFsqsVhq
hooktube.com/channel/UCwSajs2z_UH3CYeD29mgilg
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita|
play-asia.com/games/playstation_vita/consoles/all_models/14/711zz#fc=o:3
mega.nz/#F!RSwUyCgT!ReI4QKdAfHPtdtNfMzSiPg
mariio128.com/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-ps-vita-as.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Flash Sale

That new Atelier looks pretty colorful and cute.

What's good out of the flash sale?

Has Vanillaware even put out anything concrete as to that since that initial trailer a year or so back?

Oh hey, there's the Arland trilogy bundle on sale like that guy last thread was complaining about not getting marked down. Pretty decent drop on that, considering some years prior when they went on sale that was about the price each game would see individually.

pls respond

I would say the best games on there are the Atelier Trilogy and Stranger of the Sword City. God Eater Ressurection isn't bad either if you have some friends but I think it's too easy for most of the game. Skull Girls isn't a bad fighter though there are better ones like Arcana Heart, Last Blade 2, and Samurai Shodown V Special. I would say grab Dengeki Bunko but there's a better version of the game that's only in Japan. This version doesn't even compare. Psycho-pass is a good visual novel from what I've heard and Akiba's Trip is fun, but decent. I would watch some gameplay before trying it out.

Mery Skelter CE came in on thursday, I'm gonna play it now.
More physical copies, stores actually existing beyond
nuffin right now.

Reminds me how (((Gamestop))) has completely removed anything Vita from their stores here in Cali. They don't sell Vitas or their games. I went there about 2 months ago with a friend and was surprised to find nothing Vita. I've been ordering games online for the past few years so I don't know when Gamestop made the transition.

Steins:Gate is cheap right now on VGP.

Stores actually existing beyond a single shack with 5 games is what i meant.

I was at my local Gamestop 2 or so days ago. The Vita section was about a single foot and a half shelf. Enough space for roughly 20-30 games lined up. Sad stuff.

Spheresolid's those guys who're making the 3g modem to SD card adapters, site looks sketchy as fuck. I hope the early 90's website look and stock silicon valley images are just ironic or some shit.

What's a good grip for my oled vita?

I bought this: aliexpress.com/item/Anti-skidding-Comfortable-Joypad-Bracket-Holder-Handle-Hand-Grip-Case-for-Sony-psv1000-Psvita-PS-Vita/32720773853.html#cfs,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=38db79c5-8175-4005-bd3b-9c1f3e0dde41&algo_expid=b5968a3a-a417-4f3a-bd30-40b03a475fd5-5&algo_pvid=b5968a3a-a417-4f3a-bd30-40b03a475fd5
But it covers up the charging port and isn't that comfortable.

I also go this: aliexpress.com/item/Hard-Case-Cover-Skin-Protector-Hand-Grip-for-Sony-PS-PlayStation-Vita-PSV-Game-Controller-Protective/32713980489.html
But the plastic over the plastic broke within two days. Still usable and decently comfortable though.

That's odd. Where I am (AZ) they still stock Vita games, albeit in a very small non-wall shelf with late-era "new" (IE: gutted store-bicycle copies) PS3 games.

I'm tempted to pick up a 3G Vita instead of a PSTV as a backup system. Plus one of the SD card adapters and some microUSB one naturally. I don't really want something non-portable, and OLED sounds nice too.

That's not sad. Sad is having maybe 3 or 4 games at the local EB Games if that, or one of the local pawn broker chains having a bunch of PSP games and no Vita ones. Luckily the local anime & manga shop has a decent selection.

It'll depend where you are.

Which site? I've got to see this.

True, but given how, on the infrequent chance I'm stuck resorting to Gamestop's website to try to find any nearby locations for particular games (not just Vita, but PS3 and Wii as well), and how usually Commiefornia will be the nearest place with them (and usually multiple stores too, while not a store in my state will have [X game]), it just kind of surprises me that they'd be amongst the first to call it quits on stocking for the Vita.

Where I am, most pawn shops, as well as savers, goodwill, and thrift stores, will only ever have shit, because people just use them as a dumping ground for games that they can't get enough money for elsewhere, or that stores won't even take anymore. And with UMD not exactly being a popular medium, especially with the PSP being so pirate friendly, those do indeed wind up with a lot PSP games.

This site.
spheresolid.com/
archive.is/3WUob

RIP in peace.

Looks like my microSD card got corrupted. Pic related came up when I tried to delete my Muramasa bubble so I can test my rip. And 0x80AF5025 error when I tried to install app.db tool to fix it.

Apparently copying too many files "at once" through VitaShell USB causes this.

That not-FAT thing is poorly supported and that's why I used FTP even though it's slow. Now it's generally a non-issue because SD adapters use exFAT.

God damn that's hilarious. Probably intentional though. Still better than 99% of websites these days.

Reminds me of some years back when some /a/nons found an intentionally web 1.0 Geocities-esque "Penguin Empire" promotional site for Daimidaler.

Speaking of old sites, I was rather surprised to find out a while back that Aniplex is still hosting an old promotional site for WA: Twilight Venom. Given how unpopular/unwatched that series seems to have been (assuming it wasn't more popular in Japan than here), I'd have thought they'd have long since taken it down. It's got to have been up there since at late 1999, at least, and it doesn't seem like anyone's had interest to "modernize" it. I wonder how much traffic it actually sees per year to the point they leave it be.

Polite sage since this post really doesn't have much to do with the Vita.

Ftp's too slow for my liking. I think I'll just take out the microsd and use a USB reader instead of vitashell and hope it'll go OK.

Going to order an easy eject sd2vita.

I am obligated to post this now

Did they announce anything on vita at TGS?

Dungeon Travelers 2. So far at that one level 30 dungeon trying to get Lilian to 30 so that I can bench her indefinitely.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY COPY OF MARY SKELTER LE, USPS? STORE SAID IT HAS SHIPPED, BUT YOUR DAMNED TRACKER HASN'T EVEN UPDATED OUTSIDE OF SHIPPING LABEL CREATED.

Was going to get Drive Girls, but reviews convinced me otherwise.

mary skelter looked cool
but then i gave it the test
my test to see if games are shit or not is this:
go to google
type in "[title of game] too easy"
and view the results!
and what do we have here, a bunch of redditors and 14 year olds complaining that they steamrolled the game and stopped playing because there was less depth and difficulty than fucking pokemon.
every time. even stranger of sword city.

darkest dungeon is the only fucking dungeon crawler in this entire library to have difficulty, and it's just a shame that this is only the case because they purposefully made it unbalanced.

There will always be people to call games too easy the difficulty doesn't matter someone will be there.

Also sounds like you haven't touched dungeon travelers 2.

Mary Skelter, just made it to Area 4 of the Graveyard. Any idea on where I can farm some D (regular) Blood Crystals? I've only got 3; I'd really like to get my four party members to their next jobs.
More time to play vidya and sleep
Furniture for my room, doing a total overhaul, gonna hang up my Fate Extella and Mary Skelter posters before it's all said and done.

if actual 14 year olds are calling the game too easy, it's too easy.
DT2 on the other hand passes my shit test and i will buy it.

Haven't played either of the games in question so can't speak on it, but do keep in mind there are people who bluff as if it's easy to pretend they're more "hardcore" than they really are as well.

Games on Vita that aren't Vita games, mostly Super Mario World for ultimate perversity.
PSN and PSVgamesd. I'm almost about to cave to NoNpDRM just so I can play things.
Nothing.

Don't be so silly, nobody lies on the Internet.

being good at games isn't cool anymore, circlejerking about how easy anti-intellectual phone games are superior to difficult games and complaining about difficult games and refunding them is what's cool now.

FFT
FFX HD remake, Secret of Mana 3D remake
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/25/secret-of-mana-3d-remake-launches-february-15-on-ps4-ps-vita/
Nothing atm.
FFT makes this thing worthwhile, Katamari I found difficult to play with when the controller is also the screen and I'm doing a lot of double stick movements, Lumines is just…meh, Shinobido 2 flat out sucked. Tekken x Street Fighter was more SF than Tekken, which I thought was disappointing.
Really looking forward to Secret of Mana.

what the fuck is this? he's one hit killing everything and enemies only take 1% of his HP bar when they attack.
i thought this game was supposed to be difficult. I mean, i expect this from shitty as fuck demon gaze and shitty as fuck mary skelter, but DT2? what is this?
thank god i didn't waste my money

Dumbass, that's one of the tutorial dungeons. The only shit he's one-shotting are the level 1 fruits.

He's just baiting at this point.

DT2. Trying to fight a mutant in b1 of nameless cave and I keep getting my shit slapped around
Nothing at the moment, Mary Skelter just came in today
Is akibas beat any good? It's 22 bucks on play Asia right now, might grab it with Fate/Extella
I appear to be hot garbage at dungeon crawlers but yes

okay i listened to everyone insisting it's hard and bought DT2 and i just got the maid character, that's like the fourth dungeon i think? i haven't died a single time. when does the game get hard? i'll post pics if you really think i'm le baiting.
does a single difficult game on vita exist other than natural doctrine?

okay at least i finally died to the forest boss. only barely. i won't have to grind or anything to beat it this second time.
i lost an hour of progress though because the game is so easy that i stopped saving, i saw no point.

Almost done with making a better recommended list than this plebbit/cuckchan list that keep being posted here (in the OP in this instance).

might as well keep using the redditor one to be honest.
if you insist on putting that piece of shit there, at least put a disclaimer that even the hardest difficulty is a cakewalk and elaborate saying "it's so easy you can beat boss fights blindfolded "

But yours is objectively worse? Not only does the one in OP aim to cover all/most games, but it also serves as adequate recommendation. It includes more pertinent information, more succintly, while every picture seems to give you sufficient insight on the main mechanic and artstyle of the game in question. It manages to be both a great compendium, ample recommendation list, and elucidates the viewer on release dates (however loosely.) Assugly though, particularly because of that bottom text block.

Whereas yours is very pretty, but has useless, irrelevant, or redundant (with the other pictures) info. More screenshots, though they are admittedly well chosen and superior to the original guides, are not necessarily better. Space is premium and a picture is worth a thousand words after all, and people who both see the text "Dungeon Crawler" and a single screenshot which manages to showcase both artstyle and gameplay do not need 2 further pictures (one being useless cover art) to make up their mind for them.

I'd like to see where you're going with this all, but I can't envision how you're going to do it without shitting out a 999999x999999 png monstrosity that only matches the other pictures info.

Haven't actually tried it but I've heard Beat is a serious downgrade to AT2, itself a pretty disappointing game.

I used the back touchpad for the morphing, and ignored the front. It's still sucky but manageable. Still the full console Katamari games are a better idea.

No you aren't. The current OP is more detailed and much more importantly, has a broad list of games to try. A problem with both is that they don't categorize by genre, even if they are listed for games.

The one in OP recommends shit like
cuckchan's chart was made like its purpose was to list every single vita release instead of recommending just the good ones in highlight (and the more flawed but still fun. Certainly a counter-trolling measure of "vita has no games" back then in cuckchan

I was thinking of adding two columns of text below for games that is still worth a look (like Criminal girls, neptunia games, etc; was also thinking of switching Akiba's Trip 2 there) and visual novels.

Otherwise yes, while i originally took the picture size limitations on fullchan into consideration, i was also thinking of downscaling the size of the chart a bit in height.

That said, I might consider making a light version of my chart too, by using the "single screenshot" approach of the cuckchan chart.

Yes, exactly, it says it right there up on the header and that's why it's superior to yours. It acknowledges and realizes that the format is simply shit for genuine recommendation. A title, screenshot(s), and genre do not make for compelling argument. However, by sheer volume and richness of information, it gains a measure of ability to persuade perspectives into playing a given game by highlighting the most immediately striking aspects.

It just does this far better than yours does. The textual information is more on-point, it has different segments dedicated to differing regions divided by released/upcoming, and the pictures give just enough information to be worthwhile and not pointlessly excessive. Yours, by contrast, has paltry shit like date of release, Japanese title names, and cover art, when not giving redundant data that the cuckchan image already presents, but better.

You need to reassess what your chart is trying to be. It's not a recommendation chart. You aren't recommending games to anybody on the planet by doing a high-level version of vomitting out title and corresponding genre (but with pictures - yay!) If you're aiming for a more elitist chart, then you're going to need to do something besides poorly aping the volume-approach that the cuckchan chart is taking.

Also
I am laugh.

Sorry for dredging things up from a certain Gilda site, but there is a NoNpDrm torrent up there. It seems as if PSV is more for archival and preservation than day-to-day usage.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8AA693099E6F07C41A0DF998EC94ABF4487428B2&dn=Vita_NoNpDrm_Games

Game list
pastebin.com/fHFeeiMF

Also someone throwing the idea of a freeShop equivalent on there. It could've been done for PS3, no idea if it can for Vita.

1 and 2 should be in there. 3 and UDS probably not.
Falls firmly into the guilty pleasures camp for me, yeah leave that out.
List them if they're good. That is the whole point of the list!
Don't be so silly, it's just broad because tastes among people are, few people on here just play Mario, Deus Ex, etc etc, there's a long tail of other randoms. Case in point, you have Criminal Girls, and I get plenty of enjoyment out of sub-par or outright dross games.

Again, I dont think "lets list every vita title release (and localizations) and pretend they are recommendable" makes cuckchan's chart better than mine.

Also in case it wasnt obvious, this is a chart of jap versions only, since that's pretty what the vita is made for, unless you're an EOP enjoying getting fucked over and over

Which is why I exhaustibly stated exactly why, despite all that, it is. After all, you're just doing the exact same thing but worse.

Ahh, now I see. You're an idiot. The special sort of retard who tries to replace an English chart intended primarily for English audiences that also happens to pay service to nip games, with a shittier copycat version but nip-only (despite having titles, dates, and genres in English front and center.)

My bad. You tricked me into responding as if you were putting forth an authentic attempt. Keep on doing your thing, but don't be surprised when nobody gives a shit about your finished product.

I didn't really start having much trouble until the sewer myself, which is about 70% of the way through the non-post game, or about 20% of the way through the entire game.
The last pre-credits dungeon was designed for autists and no fun, so I didn't bother with any post-game, which is considered the hardest parts of the game, and is about 2/3 of the entire playtime.

I will agree that some of those need to go:
Undertale
Blood Drive
(((bad))) Western games
Telltale shit

But some people genuinely prefer some genres like VN, sports or musou and the options are limited. I also think most people who have a Vita are aware if them get a game on it there will be reduced graphics or performance problems. My experience with these games on the VIta is limited though because if I'm going to spend good money on a game it's not going to be a non-game.

Then I read your jap-only comment. Oh man, are you the nipanon trying to sound reasonable expecting everyone to know nip? Am I ever glad to pop into this thread when I did.

Glad there's at least one other reasonable user who still comes to these threads.

Alright, thanks for the heads up

Gonna have to jump onto the dogpile.
As a retard this list isn't useful, just a trimmed version of the op image but not really because you then bloated everything with the box art and an extra screenshot
How about helping a retard like me out and tell me why these games are recommended? Why should I spend my hard-earned NEETbucks on Muramasa? A tldr on what makes these games good would be way more useful than a couple more pictures. That dungeon crawlers recommendation pic comes to mind.
As it is, trimming the genuine garbage and sorting out the usual op image would be a much better option.

That's just retarded.

I made a list of nip versions because again that's what the Vita is primarily made for, unless again you enjoy walking on eggshells to guess which localized version is fucked or not (alongside with games that will never get out of japan).

Like nobody tries to stop you to play the western localizations, but I made a list for fullchan, expecting people to have more willpower and conviction than the plebbit/cuckchan that was catered for its audience.

Didnt know that calling people "idiots" for no longer wanting to be the equivalent of battered housewives was part of "being reasonable"

You'll be happy to know that more western localizers you hate are getting called to nipland to monitor their new games each year.

So you mean a short descriptions?
I dont mind getting rid of the box art/ extra screenshot, but a description for each title would take much more time.

I'll probably just take the "single screenshot" approach and like an user said, dividing the titles by genres for easier browsing.

not to kids you faggot

It has SRW V, but you still need the Z3 duology.

Anyone who's serious about video games either knows it or is at some stage in learning it. You know, like that poll result shows.

Is it a better visual approach? I took some of your advice

Thinking about getting a Vita. Where can I find the best deals on a new one?

What's wrong with otome games?

3.60 system w/ hacks for pirating, SD card replacements and such. PSTVs are generally the cheapest but more limited. What are you interested in playing?

The estimate success rate for learning a foreign language in a class designed purposefully for just that is, at best, 14%. So if, and this is a glass half-full outlook for you, 14% of those who said no were converted eventually to learning the language in full, we're still at a massive deficit. But spin the numbers however you'd like, it's a free world you crazy fella.

I don't know about new ones, but if you have the option try to snag one from MTC factory outlet. I got two from them, one nearly perfect, one excellent with a single scratch, and both play without issue. If you're insistent on a new one you might as well try to scoop one from a Walmart or EB, or just import a color you like with the knowledge that certain consoles have the X and O swapped for UI purposes.

I've attempted making an 8/v/ specific one before myself (sample images related) as I agree that we shouldn't just be borrowing cuckchan's "here's anything that's on the Vita, good or not" ones, with poster provided game descriptions ala the existing PSP and DS images as I feel it would be helpful given how niche the Vita's library can be, but getting input from people in here was proving quite hard due to how slow the threads were getting, resulting in it being shelved until somewhere further down the line.

As for your own samples, while I like the idea of providing not only covers but also screenshots in the first ones, there's not enough to differentiate where one game starts and another stops, and with the Vita as hit-or-miss as it is, having room for descriptions would help, but at the same time you'd be likely looking at the space being devoted to each game being massive if including the cover, two screenshots, a title, and decent-length description. Also, I'd rather the screenshots align with the top and bottom of the cover image with even vertical spacing from it to help provide more of a sense of stability. Additionally, the title overflow is an issue: When making something, determine what (as of then) is likely to be the longest title, and adjust the font size/total space given to titles across the work accordingly.

With the revised approach ( ), I think it works somewhat better (patching information hadn't been something I'd considered with my own prior idea), but at the same time, it's got similar issues as the former, namely that there's not enough spacial differentiation between entries, and reducing font size to fit more into a given space doesn't look good compared to having a standardized size. What program are you even using for this anyhow? I notice a fair amount of alignment issues, so I'm guessing either there's not a guideline option, or that you haven't found it yet (templating your layout also does a lot to keep things looking clean, as every entry uses the same format and spacing). If I were to finish with what I had started, I'd be using a background of a different color and the negative space provided by it to help differentiate items.

At no point did I say "Holla Forums is completely fluent in Japanese," only that everyone who loves vidya to the point of being here is at some stage of learning it, which is 70% of that poll's respondents. Factor in that 30% of Holla Forums at any given time is shills for the industry with a vested interest in pushing the anti-Japan narrative, or simply shitposters from SA/Reddit, and that matches up pretty properly to what you'd expect.

I'm currently learning Korean, for reasons unrelated to video games. But do you think being able to read Korean will be useful for games as well? I'm completely ignorant to the state of gaming in South Korea. I assume probably not so good since the Internet there is controlled heavily by the government. Do you know anything about it?

Pretty sure all Korea makes gamewise is MMO stuff, so if you're into that maybe? Otherwise though, from the sound of things, Korea's not in a very good state, pic related.

Fucking Kijiji.

I was tired, and I completely forgot his ad said mint, or else I would've haggled it down.

Got home and used alcohol swabs with tweezers to clean out the gunk under the thumb sticks. Seems like the previous owner(s) only played FPS so the buttons still feel nice and crisp.

Then the next day someone messaged me to sell me his

Finally starting Danganronpa 2, I don't know if I agree with that user about playing UDS first because it's already spoiling things, apart from its mediocrity. Grabbed Bunny Must Die as well.

That is the kind of bullshit only a shill truly believes.

I use photoshop cs2 and this is my first chart so yeah alignment issues are present even if i try my best to not make them too apparent. There is likely a way to avoid those but I'm not too familiar with the software besides the basic tools and how to create/merge layers.

Seems like the revision I'm making is also better (and simpler to make) to me too, than the original one that was bloated with pictures. I'll take care of the font size problems, while also spacing a bit more in-between the screenshots

It's impossible to deny that the Vita is best enjoyed when you know Nipponese

what i dont get is that Sony never bothered to increase the number of installed bubbles in internal memory beyond 100 (it still keep your saves, but the game sticker have to be reloaded and get reset to its original appearance) considering the sheer number of stuff you can get on the japanese PSN, specifically if you own lot of physicals and a 64GB card like me

that and still not fixing the wifi issue from playing a game that automatically disable wifi while you were in plane mode. Guess they're more fixated on fixing the piracy exploits than anything

Shilling what? Japanese language courses?

Getting pretty frustrated with the consumable requirement to change jobs in Mary Skelter. My party level average is 20, and I still can't change my characters to the jobs I want them in because I just can't find enough blood crystals for them. I've only managed to get 2 characters into a different job, and that's because I settled for the easier basic nerd classes with lesser requirements. It's double shitty because I like to conserve skill points for later, in the offchance that the new jobs abilities blow the fuck out of the old ones.

Will this situation change as I get further in? I just hit Downtown.

Surely Photoshop has something like guides in GIMP? You should have a fixed tile template of some sort for each game, and then you can arrange them all in the actual image with guides.

And even the existing guide acknowledges this by having a section devoted to the things. Just link good games and presume that people realize foreign localizations have been gutted in some way. If they choose to play NISA versions, that's their hang-up. Do realize though, that it's a pain to use a foreign PSN, and importing sucks too. I would say pirating is the option for that but it's rare for Japanese titles to be dumped unless they're an exclusive.

With that said, maybe I should consider filling in those holes a bit if PSN ever comes back, it'd be an option.

Hmph. Screw yours and my 64GB card. 200GB is where it's at. Plus, not bloating the title screen with PSP and PS1 bubbles to take up that quota.

First, I'd recommend seeing if some user in the share threads can hit you up with CS5 or something (note that some of the creative suite programs work well used in tandem, like drawing things in illustrator and using the results in photoshop, or using things you've made in photoshop for use in indesign). I can't remember what all functionality CS2 included, but I'd wager CS5 would have everything you'd need, namely "guides", "snap to guide", and "place" functionality. Also, since you claim to be new to such things, I'd say to look at other images out there of the sort that you want to make. See how they utilize shape, color, negative space, etc to distinguish elements. Look at how the hierarchy of information is laid out, as well as organization of the whole. Cohesion makes a big difference as well: you can have all the right information, but if it's laid out sloppily, you're going to lose interest of the viewer. Same with poor spelling/grammar. Run your text through a word processing file before putting it into the image and you might more readily avoid "Another escapade of Aold's travellings".

Another thing: Do NOT obscure your intent for what you're making. If you're making something specifically for moonspeaking anons (which is what I'm gathering; be it Japan-only games or Japanese versions of otherwise worldwide releases), be up front about that early in the image. Some years back on halfchan, there was an image I'd see floating around with reasonable frequency titled something along the lines of "Before you play anything else on the PSP, play these games" and then listed off somewhere between eight and ten different games. However, every single game was moon-only, and (at least at the time) had no English patches. As it failed to state anywhere on the image that all of the games were Japan only, and wasn't clear as to its intended audience was, it got quickly deemed a "troll chart" where the biggest usage for it, even if the games on it were indeed good, became baiting other anons with games the bulk couldn't understand as a "starting point" for the system. Of course, whether it being constructed deliberately as bait or not, I can't remember.

Personally I'd like to one day put out a finished thing incorporating what was started here , but it's effectively shelved. Given that you seem to be wanting to make something from your own personal experiences with the system, as opposed to requiring input from others (I don't claim to be an expert on the system, but I know a bit about layout), you might have an easier time getting something finished yourself. Most I can do is offer you advice and critique.

It does, at least as of more recent versions like CS5 (and on, I'd assume. I have 5.5 I think). Not sure if CS2 had it back when it was current.

I'd my a vita is on update 3.65 is it possible to still emulate on it?

The Vita MGS "HD" collection runs at a widescreen 448p. How the fuck are they HD ports?

When are we getting more news for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Is there a troubleshooting guide for installing hanzo? it won't install for me.

Is it just me or>>13499689
Back up your saves, backup your activation files, and factory reset your shit.

Just finished DR2 part 2. I can't say I'm too fond of its crazy bits, it just feels out-of-place even compared to some of the things in 1. I'll be finishing it though.

Read the pasta dummy.

Unsafe homebrew enabled? I may have forgotten to mention that. I doubt there's any reason why it would need a full system purge.

R.I.P, YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD

ibtimes.com/playstation-vita-sony-has-no-plans-re-enter-handheld-gaming-market-2594129

archive.is/1nF3j

cant wait for the vita to be cracked wide open to allow PS2 emulation.

They're idiots then, because they're missing the best chance to seize dominance while Nintendo fucks up with the Switch. Smartphones aren't a gaming device, despite what idiots think, and the Game Boy/DS and PSP/Vita lines have always occupied an entirely different market that doesn't overlap the way everyone seems to believe. On the other hand though, this is just what some white guy is saying, not any of the actual heads of Sony, so who knows.

Isn't it doing very well?

It's a really niche market though and one that Nintendo has had cornered since the days of the DS. That is, Nintendo has controlled the handheld market even when Sony was going all in with the psp and vita. I do love the Vita, but I can understand why they aren't going to making a successor anytime soon if they even try again. The handheld market got gobbled up by mobile phones among the casual audience and the only way Nintendo has been able to do so well is to cut as many corners as possible while hammering away with their core lineup.

I would have liked an updated handheld to the Vita without the back touchscreen, 2 sets of shoulder buttons and a decent wifi adapter and no more 3g bullshit. 2.4ghz was ass and the it was obvious from the get-go that 3g was going to be an awful idea with how overpriced data usage is in the west. A more solid charger port in a better position would have been nice too. It was a bit clumsy on the bottom of the console and I felt that the psp's version was much better as it was pretty flush on the bottom right of the console.

I already checked and it's not that. When i try to install it says that it's done, but if i try to start the console again i still need to go to henkaku to start games.

It's doing well for a TV console, but not for a handheld. Until they release a revision that's easy to slip into your pocket and pull out on the train without needing extra controllers, it's not going to capture anywhere near the market of the Vita, let alone the 3DS.

In foreignerville maybe, but in Japan the handhelds have dominated the gaming market since at least the 7th generation. And despite what the Western Audiences Matter cult pushes, there are tons of developers who HAVE to make ends meet at home and thus think about Western localizations as an afterthought at best.

Right, but gamers never left for cell phone shit. The only thing you're losing is the normalfag market, which was never going to stay in the first place, it's always been a flash in the pan. They'll be leaving the TV consoles sooner or later as well, it's just a matter of The Next Big Thing coming along.

Welp, we might be waiting for PSN. That sucks.
mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/914574117109747712

As a last resort, rename/delete ur0:tai and ux0:tai and try running the Enso installer again. As an absolute last resort, try what said. Activation files to back up:
gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb#gistcomment-2163030
Games can be archived with QCMA, unless they're pirated in that case, CTManager?

If there's a chance they can make a smaller Switch I'd jump on one, but that'll probably never happen.

BREAKING NEWS!

It's either that or make a real successor to the 3DS, because as things stand, they're kinda fucked.

Question: Does kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 final mix ever go on sale

Why would they ever do that?

I could be wrong, but I don't think those ever saw a Vita version. At the same time, the PSN's PC storefront doesn't even list the prior individual PS3 versions on it, and the PS4 bundled version has apparently remained $50. Just makes me remember that I see plenty of copies of both of the standalone PS3 versions around for about $12 each where I live.

Anyhow, assuming you mean the PS4 "Collection" version, as that's the only version of the Final Mix that's on there (the PS2 Classics ones just being the base ones here), doing some quick checking, the closest I could find was a 20% mark down in May, but that seems like it was for physical copies at Amazon and Best Buy. Some companies either don't see much point in anything but rare digital markdowns, instead opting to leave them full price almost all year long. Thus you get stuff like this remaining at $50 digital while physical copies has dropped to about $40 sealed and $32-35 complete used. Or, for a more long-term example, see Namco still asking the whopping $50 launch price for digital Tales of Zesteria PS3 even after close to two years of being out, while preowned copies are about half that or less where I live now (though, Namco seems to be a company a bit more frequent about dumping games into sales). As mentions, it could well be an attempt to milk fans as much as they can (in both cases), but it still doesn't make sense to NOT try to compete with lower preowned physical prices. Or is digital that big a convenience to people, even in cases where a physical game is by no means hard to find, that they still see steady, full price sales to the point that they have little incentive to reduce them? I'm not sure.

WAKE ME UP WHEN 3.61 HOMEBREW IS HERE.

Really wish I'd tried Oclock Vita earlier, it makes drastic improvement in some games. Also someone posted a guide to modifying NoNpDrm game data. No eBoot modification, at least not yet.
github.com/TheRadziu/NoNpDRM-modding/wiki
Have tried adding the Gal*Gun DLC store items with it but it seems to ignore the .ini file, maybe it only checks for it in DLC folders. I know it's at least doing something because it overwrote the screenshot watermark with a blank one successfully, and the regular patch stuff works too.

Also have Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed character DLC for NoNpDrm. It pairs with the one in the torrent I linked earlier, European version. They shouldn't have bit rot.

a.pomf.cat/phjrlz.zip

Other than that I'm just playing Ronpaul 2 still, with some Bunny Must Die on the side, and found a used copy of Jak & Daxter Trilogy today.

Smaller Switch it is. Splitting their focus to another platform would be even more suicidal, especially if it doesn't have any backwards compatibility, at least the 3DS had that helping it along.

Fall into eternal sleep. I hope not.

Mary Skelter, Ever 17 translation as well alongside trying to get Retroarch to fucking work.
Dead or Alive Venus, any user got and can suggest?
Bought Blazblue Chronophantasma, Continuum Shift and Skillgirls Second Encore. Also HDD enclosure for Vita TV.

Any HK English games worth picking up? Only have SRW V that fits this bill.

Mostly. Enjoy having a Vita collection, 50+ games and playing them all on and off.

I got Mary Skelter and hell I hadn't had this much fun in a while. I guess dungeon crawlers catter to my brand of exploration autism.

Can't pick best girl yet.

One thing: there's a glitch on the downtown area, floor 3 regarding the Nightmare spawn. When you reach the jump spots the Nightmare may spawn while you're mid-jump and make you fall.

That's unfortunately one of the drawbacks from the game. Some blood crystals have shit drop rates, the one with Rh + and - in particular don't have a realiable drop rate even among Marchens in general.

All I can say is, unlock the jobs you want but if you want to unlock them all for the skills and then swap to another one you'll have to devolve.

i have $75 i want to spend on vita games, what should i get?
i want to play earth defense force but i'm not sure, should i buy the first one and play all of them in order or skip to the most recent release?

i want to play project diva and fighting games but i'm scared i'll wear out my brand new vita 1000 model.
hmm.
maybe i will get a ps vita tv.

Might help to say what you already have on the system/what sort of games you like to play in general.

here i took this seven seconds ago.
i've owned persona 4g and dragon's crown in the past, but i'm one of those retards who have bought and sold and bought and sold everything several times. now i buy digitally so i can't do that anymore. i'll get them again eventually.
i already have project diva 2nd as well, i just haven't installed it yet.

i don't know, i don't care what genre it is so long as it's difficult.

fuck i need to get ninja gaiden but the digital price hasn't been changed since launch.
i'm going to try stranger of sword city. i'll probably regret it!
and volgarr the viking even though i dislike platformers generally.

Any tips for Dungeon Travelers 2? My party is mostly level 30 (paladin, darklord, bishop, witch, bard) and I'm getting ruined by the loli with the stone roller in Aberdeen Ruins.

V-vita still means life right friends?

;_;

GAME hasn't stocked anything interesting for a long time user. It's usually Minecraft and fucking FIFA, them giving those two up is probably a blessing.

thank fuck for trade nation in nottingham.

Advance your paladin to valkyrie, buff your Witch (you DO have ranks in Loose Spirit, right user?) and use your favorite high damage fire or water spells, since those are its lowest resistances. Your Dark Lord should be berserk and spamming Frost Slash. Make sure your tank never drops Cover. Cast any possible speed/offensive buffs that you can *before* entering the boss door.

how does stranger of sword city compare to dungeon travelers 2 in terms of difficulty?

I guess the last one was Uta MoT.

Remember there is always online stores such as Play-Asia, Heavy-Arm, VGP or Mariio128.

Reaching the end of Danganronpa 2 and am not looking forward to it going full story, or that most of the interesting/developed characters have been nixed by this point when they were so sparse to begin with. Still got plenty of enjoyment in the case parts, particularly 4 and 5. Not so much that in 3 and 4 Monokuma was directly screwing them up in some way instead of leaving enough rope for them which is when the series is at its best. Still no complaints about the aesthetic or music of course. V3 is in my to-dos once it's actually possible, its reputation of awfulness means I can't possibly ignore it, but it'll be pirated.

Also found a used copy of EDF2 today, no idea what I'm in for with that except that the first game is supposed to be ridiculous destruction in the best way.

It's on the tail end but there's life after that death thanks to the hacking community.

After two and a half or so hours of trying, I got a lucky run and killed her. Thanks for the advice.

This just came in today, haven't had a chance to open it up yet. This week's Famitsu article's hands-on said it was a lot more ruthless than you would expect though, so I have high hopes for it.

I love Vita-tan!

Lol bitch

No one would have anything positive to say about the Furry Kidnapper Apologist Sim unless they were a shill or a shitposter.

You're going to have a good time

I still play EDF2 from time to time but idk if the multiplayer is still alive.
Im not very good at the game tho because I like to blast everything.

Is there any other way to play EDF?
still can't tell if thats a Chaika erit or not

Finished DR2, as expected it ended in a mess, but it's done and I can focus on other games. I'll probably do Jak & Daxter before EDF2.

Until the user further up comes up with something better, it stays as a broad list of Vita games. People can make their own mind up whether they think something is worth their time.

I hope so!

Multiplayer doesn't matter since I'm into playing alone as it is.

It's clearly not the Chaika face. She gets hot and flustered about explosions and tools for making explosions.

twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/916302089244106752

What?

If it's going to be that broad, you might as well list every single Vita title.

Doesn't this run like trash on the vita?

Don't be so ridiculous. From what I hear, Undertale's problem is the fanbase, not so much the game. It's certainly not worth throwing the entire chart out over unless we can do better. >>13481193 expresses it well.

I don't remember that being a serious issue but I only played a little bit. Can't stand those types of beat-em-ups even as a fan of trashy lewd games.

As a game it might as well not exist at all, it's that dull and forgettable. The only reason it's talked about at all is because of the furfags who cling to it as if it's a masterpiece.

FFT
FFX, Secret of Mana, bigger memory card, Illusion games for the Vita never gonna happen and now i can't even AGDG on this thing
Nothing atm

Nice to be back.

About what I expected and why I don't care that strongly about it. But to go into charts more, I hang around here enough that a pure recommendation chart isn't much value since it'll be either common knowledge or being talked about in here. Something that lists a great deal of games with a minimal quality filter is much more useful, especially when the system has a strong bias to certain types of games. You can always highlight entry level or recommended games in such a chart. The absolute last thing I want is one written by someone with an axe to grind.

Apparently Omega Labyrinth translation will be out before the end of 2018, in-case any nigger is waiting for that.

Anyone got Bad Apple Wars? Is it worth picking up? Same with Chaos;Child.

Still wondering if DoA is worth getting for 40.

I feel the chart is too weeb games heavy. There barely any western games on the list.

It's also very VN, RPG heavy.

The reason for that is because most of the western games on Vita are either mediocre or downright suck. Only a handful of the western made Vita games are any good.

The Vita's whole library is stacked with VNs and RPGs. VNs and RPGs are the Vita's two most popular genres by far. Because they are such a large percentage of the Vita's whole library it makes sense they would be heavily represented in a recommendation chart.

If you don't like Japanese games, and if you don't like RPGs or VNs then the Vita isn't the system for you.

Well, it's a list of games you would recommend for a current console in theory, and the West stopped making good games for the most part decades ago, so that's a natural thing.

who is she? i dont remember her at all, did i miss something in the game?

Those are different girls. On the left is "Harpyuia" and on the right is "generic town girl"

i guess they didnt add them in the final version.

As a fan-translation, or did some company actually pick it up?

Fan-translation.

Huh. Is it just that thread on GBA-temp to check up on progress with, or is there an actual site specific to it?

I dont know why I need to point out something so obvious

Anyone know where I can find a full-size cover art for "Touch My Katamari"?

You asking about just a full size front-cover, or full front-spine-back scan? Checking The Cover Project, they don't seem to have any for it uploaded yet to the main site or forum, but you could perhaps put in a request on the forum if it's that important.

Full cover. Front, back, and spine. I need to make a replacement. I've already checked by there, but as you said, there's nothing. Considering the last post that mentioned it was made 2 years ago, I don't have much faith that anyone is going to provide it.

I knew I shouldn't have bought a loose cartridge, but I figured it was worth the discount.

Generic town girl had like a couple of lines in the beginning of the game asking where Lilia was and dissing mc.

Found this one on Cover Galaxy's forum.

Nice. Thanks. Now to see if Gamestop will give me a spare case.

I made this vid cause i was so angry last night at people lying to me about these games being hard.
DO NOT BUY STRANGER OF SWORD CITY avoid.
actual gameplay starts at 12:20. i was high on morphine and i'm diagnosed autistic so i rambled like a madman for 20 minutes sorry. my high didn't stop me from steamrolling this easy baby game.
1 HP DAMAGE

So having finally started this game up, seems to be a pretty good dungeon crawler so far. Customization seems plentiful enough and encourages experimentation, while the Shiritsu system rewards you for plunging in for longer sessions in the dungeon rather than running back to base every few battles. The Gadgeteers have elements of both MegaTen's Devils and Persona 1's Personas in terms of how fusion works and granting attack abilities to the user, and the layout of the dungeon with obviously cracked walls that are marked differently on the map making me think there will be a wall-breaking mechanic not unlike Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain. Still only on the second floor though, and the base area had a lot of greyed out options yet so I'm thinking there's more to unlock yet.

here is a (you)

nope i'm playing on normal. i play games for the difficulty, i play on hardest difficulty available every time.
too bad the hardest difficulty available in modern dungeon crawlers is always somehow even more braindead than fucking persona 3. stranger of sword city makes persona 3 look like shogi.

No problem. The pixel dimensions are close to, but slightly off of, what TCP lists as Vita dimensions, so you may opt to fiddle with some slight tweaking. Also bear in mind that printing resolution tends to be either 300ppi or 600ppi; while that image already has a setting of 300ppi, you should also keep the absolute dimensions in mind when printing (margins can either cause data outside the bounds to get cut-off, or the entire image to get scaled to fit). Just saying in case you don't do much printing yourself.

But yeah, a lesson to not buy loose copies of games when you can help if, especially if the game/system isn't liable to get that many scans uploaded of what's out there. Hell, with some PS2 games I own, I've never seen manual scans uploaded for them (between them being hard to find and no one wanting to unbind them for proper scanning).

I'm starting to think HARDCOREHARDMODEYOUTUBEGAYMER-user is going to be as annoying as nipvangelist-user if he stays around.

im not hardcore though, i'm so retarded they won't let me join the military, that's why it's all the more disgusting to me i'm able to steamroll these games while you normal people pretend they're hard.

by normal, i mean not clinically retarded and abusing opiates like me, not normalfag chad meme.
although normalfag chads do love pokemon a lot and these shitty vita rpg's typically have gameplay at about that level of depth….

Casual or competitive, cos the former has some extreme autism levels of depth.
Also, I've only played a bit of SoSC, but enough to know your only early on, hardly an accurate judge.
Are you the same user df18e3 ? cos if so i'd really like to see you beat some of the later dungeons or post game shit, moreso on DT2, without grinding/dying.

Also if you want hard content i'd recommend Utawarerumono, it'll start of laughably easy, but later missions and the endgame content (which has just as many maps as the main game so not just some add-on) is brutal, especially the last few. Personally I've yet to see anybody beat them without using the rewind function, if games like this are so easy a video of you performing this feat would certainly shut me up.

Even worse, I looked around, seems fucking lolcow tier look at his posts/replies YT channel all but confirms it's him
>>>/kind/36721
>>>/kind/37142
>>>/eerie/119
clusterfucks inbound
pics related, this fuckers room

Fucked up the second crosslink, meant the post after it but you can figure out who's who and the autism than follows easily enough.

Good god what the fuck.

who

A boogeyman some shill made up to blame everytime someone points out that there's no reason to settle for censorship when the Vita is region free, as if it's just one crazy person who dislikes being shit on by the localization industry and not literally everyone here.

This is him .

technobuffalo.com/2017/10/08/sony-vita-future/
It won't archive for some reason.

What a bunch of nonsense. No mention of memory card prices either of course.

archive.is/fufAm
It worked after a fdw more attempts.

You're the same autist nigga from a while back, aren't you? You've gotta be.
It was 8 dollars. The game normally costs 30+. Trust me, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I'll see what I can do with this, though. Again, thanks. I actually don't know shit about printing images like this, so you're helping me out quite a bit.

No, there's literally some motherfucker that goes off blabbing about how nothing is out of reach because apparently everyone is trying to fucking learn Japanese.

Uncharted 1 and 2 were never ported to the Vita. The Vita got 1 Uncharted game at launch and never saw another one.

My mistake I did read that wrong. They expected it to sell as well as Uncharted 2. Which is absurd because they didn't sell that many Vitas to begin with.

Is it impossible to play online with pirated games? I tried to run Gundam Breaker 3 but there are no rooms.

Going online with pirated games on a console is generally a really bad idea.

I thought the latest gb3 patch requires 3.61?

Anyone been keeping up to date with the PKG stuff? Are we able to grab nonpdrm compatible games / dlcs straight from Sony?

Just bought utawarerumono mask of truth because I liked it so much when I pirated it on ps3. Kind of disappointed that it's a regular pillow instead of a body pillow.

On the hunt for a deal on ut2 now. Did ut2 launch edition have a nice bonus that I should try to acquire? I might even get an extra vita to play it again, this time in English.

Looks like ut2 had an art book. Not a big loss if I can't get that I guess.

You mean the launch edition?. I think they are still around. The second game has a pillowcase

As one more word of advice, make sure you're printing from a printer that's had its colors synced properly, or the print is liable to look off compared to the original file. Some public places that offer pay-to-print service, like Staples, Kinkos, etc, may refuse to help you print replacement covers as well, as a way of not aiding potential bootleggers.

i dont call him a husbando because faggots have corrupted that word much worse than the word waifu has been corrupted by normalfags.
have you ever been to a husbando thread? they talk about nothing but sex and they have image comps of 20 different male characters they swap out like trading cards.
now waifu isn't much better and i know it's a joke to most people and all but at least i see people pretending to be loyal to one girl and i rarely see porno talk in the waifu threads. they're definitely a superior scene. so i use that word instead to separate myself from dick sucking faggots.

in private though i call him my nampyeon, it's husband in korean. but no one would know what i'm talking about if i said that publicly, would they?

Oh god, eeriefag is worse than I thought.

Eeriefag is one of the most autistic recurring single posters on Holla Forums that I know of.
The worst part is that Eerie isn't even the best character from that 'show' (pic related)

Your existence is a joke man.

two problems with your last sentence.
for one it's implying waifuism is a choice. are you a normalfag, son?
for two let's hear some arguments about how yossi is a good character. what are some memorable scenes with her you can recall?

That explains so much.

Has anything besides butchered NISA shit came out recently that is genuinely good?

btw I'm a girl

Oh shit, you too?

Nearly every dungeon crawler has come over except the one made by NIS. And even if it comes over, NISA could ruin it.

If you're asking for game suggestions, stating what you like instead of your sex would have helped.

Tokyo Clanpool just came out and it's pretty good so far. A bit on the easy side, but I've only cleared the first dungeon, so hopefully it starts to pick up a bit from here.

Refrain is amazing, you should get it if you haven't already.

I'm guessing you know moon. What makes Refrain so amazing?

Basically the fact that it stands out so much from other dungeon crawlers, primarily with the core concept of it being a small army of characters rather than a party of 4 or 5, and the ability to break walls in the dungeons - most of it is pretty straightforward and just adding more exploration, but you can actually reach places way further than you should be at with it.

you know the rules, now post it.

Reminds me of Unchained Blades for the PSP. That was a pretty cool DRPG.

cant you see you are the problem and need to kill yourself?

but i'm not a fake normalfag with 20 husbandos who talks about how he wants to suck their cocks everywhere. they are. they're not the problem? maybe you're too new to have seen them.

Been neglecting my Vita lately as far as playing games. In hack-related stuff, we don't have PSN, but we've got the framework for a Vita equivalent of freeShop/3dstitlekeys if someone wants to develop one. As a spreadsheet it's cumbersome but there's also more games/DLC than in the NoNpDrm torrent.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit

I'm seeing some Chaos;Child impressions on twitter. Sounding like PQube sent out code late, though, so no reviews just yet even though embargo lifted already.

cowcatgames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=xenonvalkyrie

Realistically there are only a handful of decent western games at all, regardless of platform.

It's really weird how Sony seems to drop support for shit that doesn't take off in Nipland but they ended up dropping wide support for the Vita because it didn't take off elsewhere. It's fucking Backwardsland.

Did you forget about Toranon?

Fate Extella
Akibas Beat
Hotline Miami
on sale this week on psn

Wait, so it's not the same dude?

Gonna give Moe Chronicle a go as per someone's recommendation once I can find a copy, and also am installing SKSV to try out its nude mod. It'll at least be nice to play around in the dressing room if I don't feel like playing the game itself so much. I'm a bit surprised Blue Reflection didn't get banhammered here, it got the R-18 of course. Relatedly I found that one Nep spin-off Hyperdevotion Noire got an R-18 for "references to sexual violence".

You shouldn’t buy Stranger of Sword City anyway since it was unfortunately handled by NISA.

That just means you shouldn't buy a foreign version, which is true of every game

there is a PC version if you cant find a copy

its time to learn moonrunes, user.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling they are. I recall seeing the Tortist posting similar rants whilst drunken/drugged up some time back, and the posting style itself strikes me as pretty similar to what I remember of him as well. I wouldn't put it past them being the same faggot. If we had a working archival service for the site it would be easy to double check, but unfortunately we don't.

/cow/'s had a thread on him since at least July (assuming that's their first one, anyhow). They've also found him admitting to being that Marco Neko faggot.

Polite sage as this isn't Vita related.

Yeah I found a copy, it's not really the sort of thing I'd play on PC anyway. There's a decensor patch for it too but I don't see the point in unmasking barbie doll figures, you can't pretend there's something there. Hopefuly someone can figure out how to do it to Akiba's Trip now the game can be copied without wetting itself. Apparently the characters have bandaids underneath the blinding light flares. Also the mod for Senran Kagura is alright except I don't like the portrait alterations, absurd underboob > pancake nipples. Pubes may not be to everyone's taste either.

Nice that it came a day earlier than expected but as a result I haven't finished replaying Chaos;Head

I always thought they were different people. Toranon always posted massive walls of broken English because he'd be responding to every post at once (presumably because Tor posters have to input a captcha every five posts) while Japanon just behaves like an evangelical Christian espousing the wonders of importing JP copies and learning Nip

The decensor patches for most games in general are pretty worthless because most of the time they could have just imported assets from the original copy or the model they "decensored" is obviously newly done work and doesn't fit the rest of the game's art.

I wasn't trying to imply Jap-user was the Tortist. More that I recall the Tortist going on inebriated rants about nothing he would play being hard enough for him, the way Eerie-fag has in this thread. If they are the same, he's done another "ten replies in one" post on the /cow/ thread about him.

Starting Jak & Daxter or Moe Chronicle later tonight. Found used Nep PP with no idea what I'm in for, except probably Nausea-QUALITY translation. I'll live with that shame. Also considering how to revise the hack paste since its layout sucks and certain bits can be trimmed. It's probably safe to remove everything about Mai and Vitamin at this point, and most about PSN too.

I'll say I prefer the mod over light flares and low-res novelty censor faces, but unfortunately I think the "improved" mod shrinks the nipples so you don't get areolae peeking out of certain costumes like the waifu apron. That's disappointing.

Enjoy, user. You're in for a ride.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG

To this day I am still amazed by how hard NISA fucked up this PSP port

What did SONY do wrong?

Release a sequel to a handheld that only was successful because of Monster Hunter not only without Monster Hunter, but three weeks after it's direct competitor got the newest at the time Monster Hunter as an exclusive released for it. Add on said competitor getting Dragon Quest titles and using SD cards for memory while the Vita itself used overpriced proprietary memory cards that weren't even the same ones that it's own predecessor used, and you have a recipe for failure so bad it's frankingly shocking that it still managed to be the second most successful platform of the 8th generation.

if the vita had used sd cards i would have gotten one not long after release. sony was just too greedy for their own good.

Dunno. Honestly I'm looking to get one in the future for the sole intent of only using it to play MGS HD in the shitter.

The Vita has sold more than 4 million. Sony has been tight lipped about exact numbers, but its probably around 14-15 million worldwide. A total flop, as game systems cost a ton of money to launch.

I'd like to echo what said about the shitty memory cards. I'd also add that the Vita's first year library was very poor. Nearly all of the western games were lousy entries in game series that already sucked (Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Call of Duty).

I love JRPGs, VNs, and Dungeon Crawlers, but they aren't big system movers in the west. I personally don't care about sales though. These kind of games have made the Vita one of my favorite systems. I probably have 60 or 70 Vita games.

Physical Ciel Nosurge being sold for 52 dollars. Obviously it's in Japanese.

play-asia.com/ciel-nosurge-offline-ushinawareta-hoshi-e-sasagu-shi/13/707wwh?li_medium=default-widget&li_source=LI&ref=liftigniter

Actually asked elsewhere before and never got an answer: Did NISA actually somehow induce the massive loading times the physical PSP port was known for here, or was it that slow in the Japanese one as well, leaving it more an issue with however the game had been ported/printed to UMD? I mean, I wouldn't put it past NISA given how inept they can be, but at the same time I know UMD could be kind of shit in general, and I've heard the digital version has a lot less loading.

Reading reviews on amazon.co.jp it looks like they complained about it too, so that wasn't the fault of NISA. They definitely fucked up implementing some post game items if I remember correctly

Yeah, I've heard the same about the PS2 version's post-game being borked as well. Is it that hard for a company to at least make a request of the original devs (Gust, in that case) to insert the English script for them, so as to avoid breaking shit due to not actually understanding the code?

Anyone playing Uta:MoT? Munechika's Trial #15 ask you to do criticals but the crit dmg is always not enough to kill the target. is this a bug or something?

That's not a visual novel? That's surprising.

Can you pirate any of the persona arena? I wanted to try them but i can't find them.

Those aren't vita games.

Holy shit i'm a retard. I guess i watched so many people play them through remote play, i ended up thinking they were.

Attached is how the nude mod looks.

The game itself I'm finding pretty boring though. There's little plot and what little there is is pretty dumb so far. (I kind of stopped playing at the 4th area.)

Don't remember… Do you need to do hidden crits too?

The trial is called "Hidden Criticals" for a reason, they can be annoying to get but shouldn't take more than a minute via trial and error.

It is. It has a ton of reading sections just like Tiers to Tiara 2. It's just that some visual novels have gameplay and some don't.

Wait what
SD card?
THERE'S A WAY TO HAVE A NOT RETARDEDLY SMALL STORAGE ON VITA?

Vita piracy has made enormous progress this year.

Permanent cfw
SD card adapter
nonpdrm which even lets you download and install games from PlayStation servers.

Playing a bit of Nep Re;Birth 1 and PP at the moment. I've had less time for games lately though.

Also revised hacks paste. Shrinking it didn't work so well but it should have less useless info.
pastebin.com/TFsqsVhq
- Updated "read this first".
- Updated HENkaku section.
- Added a couple of homebrew.
- Removed legacy pirating methods. Added NoNpDrm and NoPayStation.
- Removed PSN and account switching since it's presently useless.
- Removed 3.61 section. The only two hacks that matter are theming and PSTV unblacklisting and I'll mention it there once I look into it.
- Added older paste links.

Yeah I know, that's why I didn't bother. I've started that game but haven't really been able to get into the genre as it is.

Only if you're able to run HENkaku.

Only if you don't update. It's no A9LH sadly. I'd wish even for something like an emuNAND at this point.

There is also a translation of Ciel noSurge on Youtube:

hooktube.com/channel/UCwSajs2z_UH3CYeD29mgilg

I'm at chapter 5. Ion is such a sweetheart, but I can't help but feel she isn't cut out to be empress. Ion is way too idealistic.

I'm actually half way through Ar nosurge and it's a bizarre, fun ride. I'm going to have to get into Ar Tonelico 2 (the revitalized version) some day.

Ion is the definition of moe. But I do feel she's wrong in some places. But it's understandable. She woke up at the breaking point of the war and hasn't seen why everyone is at each other's throats so much. At this point, it's a part of their culture to hate each other.

I bought the limited physical of Ar noSurge and I still haven't played it. I've been waiting for the Ciel noSurge translation to finish. Once the translation finished it got backlogged because watching 250 videos is a daunting task. I wish Ciel noSurge had actually been localized. It feels much harder to connect with Ion watching Ciel noSurge as an online video.

I really like Ion. She's very kind and she truly wants the best for everyone. However this is also a giant weakness. Even early in Ciel noSurge people repeatedly take advantage of her seemly limitless kindness. Ion really needs someone with better judgement to protect her. I speculate that that will be an element of the player's duty in Ar noSurge. I'm actually looking forward to playing Ar noSurge.

Now that there's HENkaku, and Ciel is a

I would love if Ciel noSurge were to get translated. I guess the story sections could have their translations taken straight from the Youtube translation. So that may make it more viable. However, I've seen so many failed translation projects I'm not sure it would ever happen.

Reminds of the part in Ar nosurge where someone threatens to step on Ion. You're given a few choices on what to do. One say "I'm the only one who'll be stepping on Ion". After picking that and saving Ion, she says meekly she wouldn't mind if you stepped on her.

Wasn't expecting to get a heart attack that day.

I bought COD and Trillion.

This starting level in COD has no early checkpoints and you die fast. I might return this game.

Are you supposed to get your ass kicked by Mokujin in Trillion? It feels like I'm not playing the game right.

Yes, early on. Once you learn to play well and get stronger. You'll be kicking his ass 24/7.

Well, the important part first is to get a toolset working in order to extract and reinsert scripts. If the game already supports variable-width fonts then no engine hacks would be needed.

Mokujin will most likely toast you at the start…
You're supposed to get kicked early on though. Mokujin mock fights should allow you to whittle down some of his HP, but until you do more traning and get some useful skills (Schuzrum Fang is good) you won't be able to 'kill' him.
Once you do you'll get good points. Also, the points given depend on how overkill your killing shot is, so try to save a big skill for last when his HP is very low.

It has a choppy framerate and it loves to crash on vita. It's also not that great to begin with.

I finished Utawarerumono story. Pretty good.
Now I hope Atlus localize more Aquaplus titles.

The game does support Unicode and the story scenes are in plaintext files, so that should be easy.

The problem comes though with the glossary definitions and the menu text: no pointers have been found for the menu text, and visual space for these texts are at a premium, meaning they would require extensive assembly hacks to be rendered in a professional way. The glossary space is even more scarce, to the point fitting even a heavily edited translation into them would be impossible.

And the story scenes also have a problem: it would be necessary to add extra text boxes for the longer lines, meaning it would be necessary to reprogram the voice routines for them.

Actually, you're missing out on a lot of why Ion is the way she is because you didn't see anything from Ciel.

How's DoA5+ and Toukiden Kiwami on Vita?

Just finished it myself, I kept expecting it to end any minute for the last 10-15 hours or so, probably should've expected as much considering how the original went, did you play it ?

Damn good game that i'd recommend most to play, although as a warning the plot is heavily focused in the second game, also there's significantly more maps/extra battles/modes in the 2nd

I'm going to give dungeon traveler a try before completely giving up on the genre. It's supposedly a kamige?

After I finish replaying uta2 though. I played through it in Japanese on ps3 and understood 90% of it. Catching the 10% I missed now. Especially those battle chatter that went away too fast. It's still hilarious the second time. Even more tear jerking in some scenes because I know how the dominos will fall.

I meant the cfw doesn't get deleted when you reboot the vita. Which was a pain in the ass before enzo and was definitely not tech challenged people friendly.

what's the Dark Souls for Vita?

Being in possession of one.

:^)

I don't get it

Mary Skelter has the deepest lore.

The first game? No, I only watched the animu.
Waiting for DT2-2 (never ever?)

The first Uta anime is considered one of very few decent adaptations btw, the games still definitely worth playing if you want more of the lore in regards to the gods/backstory since it goes a bit more in-depth than the anime.
Does anybody know of any series besides Uta with such rampant alcoholism ?

I fucking hope not

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita|
Some horror gaems on this week sale

Recommend me a Vita game with good tits.

All else may vary, I just want a game with boobies.

t. boobiewanter

Dungeon Travelers 2-2? Came out earlier this year, though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Titty ninja, akiba's trip 2.

Where are these screen shots from?

Vita means LIFE. Throw a dart. Unless you want good game and good boobs, in that case you might be disappointed.

I do personally enjoy AT2 but I can't call it a great game. The dress-up options are cool though.

Read the filename. This one too.

Maybe Omega Labyrinth, assuming you know moon/want to wait on the fan-translation?

I like what I'm hearing. Keep them coming lads.

I wish I spoke rune, that looks great

really good, it runs perfectly. but keep in mind that a new version of 5 has come out for console and this version is irrelevant and missing a lot of content.
also keep in mind zero people play online.
the vita monster hunter clones were made with one audience in mind: the casual japanese audience who is notorious for being so bad at monster hunter they cannot kill a yian kut ku (a very early boss if you aren't familiar.)
basically monster hunter is such a big brand in japan that literally everyone HAS to own a copy even if they don't really intend to play it. probably 2% of the japanese consumer base actually plays the fucking game and the rest just have it for the brand recognition and to fit in.
a bunch of devs are seeing this 98% of others as an open market to monopolize on. maybe these casuals would play the game if it was easier?
so they put out garbage like god eater and toukiden and freedom wars and whatever else, basically every monster hunter clone is like this with the same story.
just look at gameplay of toukiden. the monsters stand there unmoving doing literally nothing. even endgame demons attack at a rate of once every five seconds. and that's for the "fast" enemies.

Seconding Omega Labyrinth, it was great. Still need to pop open my copy of Z

Matrix Software can make some good games. Shame a fair bit get left overseas, be it due to the content (as I figure is the case with OL/OLZ), or just stupidity on the publisher's end (IE: Square not clearing Dragon Quest V PS2).

Considering what happens to games that get foreign releases, I find myself day by day convinced we'd be better off if developers never even considered the existence of the West at all.

So what model must I absolutely get in order to enjoy the Homebrewing experience? Can I play past PSP games on it? Wanna get it mainly for how it looks, and the Digimon games.

And what should I try to avoid when looking on eBay?

It just needs to have firmware 3.60 or below. But, if you have 3.61 or up, you can still have PSP games and multiple accounts

Mokujin becomes manageable after the first few times. It feels cruel sending Gluttony to die first…I should have picked Greed. I didn't even get 2 Billion damage in before retreating. Then, I lose 2.5 lands. It feels like the game punished me for saving Perpel. An odd thing I noticed is how the text says 'Uncle' but Japanese voices clearly say 'Onii-chan'. The more you know.

Explain, please. You mean I can play ripped PSP games on a 3.61+ Vita?

Typical. The minute I take that bit out, it needs to be known. Up to 3.63 have ARK as an option for running PSP games, no PS1. Beyond that, the only things you can do are custom themes, removing the PSTV blacklist, and running a bit of PSP homebrew with VHBL.

Literally play anything that looks remotely lewd. Neps do it too.

There's a reason people say to never trust localizations.

Fingers crossed the Vita I ordered will be running 3.63 or below. Only payed $80 for it though, so even if it isn't I won't be too upset.

You should've done your homework on that and sought a 3.60 system. No PSN, but it doesn't matter when you can download a fair amount of what's on there, and onto a regular SD card too instead of a crappy overpriced Vita one. If you get really lucky and get a system at 3.60 or lower, don't you dare squander it.

I still like the paper-thin pretense that Mirai is over 18.

Uhuh? And, which models usually carry those firmwares?

All of them. Pretty much all vitas on the market were made before the 3.61 update.

Just have to find a bnib one or buy from someone who had their vita in their drawer the past year and a half. I managed to buy two last month.

They were both fucking disgusting though. One guy played too much fps and had shit caked under the sticks. And one guy was a poo in loo who had yellow stuff in ALL the cracks that no amount of rubbing alcohol and toothbrush could get out.

And they both somehow lost their power brick and both usb cables were frayed. Poo in loo one had both ends and a section in the middle needing patching. No wonder he only asked for $90 cad.

Some new Japanese ones come with >3.60 now. More critically, if you're buying used, it's a long shot that it hasn't been updated in the last year. Your only option then is to source a replacement mainboard but those are drying up.

Keep in mind that 3.60 lets you use regular SD cards at maybe ¼-½ the price of Vita ones, plus not having to buy every single game. 3.60 PSTV is the budget option if you don't care about portability or lewd rubbing games.

I can buy a refurbished ps4 for what they're charging for a new vita. play-asia.com/games/playstation_vita/consoles/all_models/14/711zz#fc=o:3

They likely rip you off for anything unless you get discounted items
amiami has brand new vitas for 149 eurobucks excluding shipping

Which should tell you how low the demand for PS4s is

So there's a proper nude mod for Moe Chronicle now. Doesn't look all that amazing but it's something. There is a work in progress to re-do the nipples, but I'd rather they re-did the vag first. Line vag is shit.

mega.nz/#F!RSwUyCgT!ReI4QKdAfHPtdtNfMzSiPg

I feel a bit bad now about picking up a used Vita for about $200 AUD, spotted it at a local pawn shop a couple hours ago. On the other hand it's a first-gen and they let me test it to see what firmware (it's 3.55, the original owner obviously neglected it) so I'll deal with that. Not sure whether to use it as a backup or main system, it depends how the battery is. At least the charger cable is USB so I can sub in a battery bank if necessary. The OLED is bloody beautiful. As far as I know they have built-in storage like the second gen even if it isn't accessible by default. If need be I'll just use my old memory card for HENkaku's config.

They also had a loose cart of Gravity Rush so I grabbed that too. Dumbasses stuck the price label on the pin side.

And? Apples to oranges. I vastly prefer portable and hackable, particularly for the Vita library's main offerings.

On the cartridge? What third world country do you live in?

Yeah. Enough said. At least it wasn't on the label, but it shouldn't have been all over the pins. I'll have to try with it too.

Just wiped down, purged, and updated the new Vita to 3.60, but found that it does indeed need a memory card to do anything further, I'll have to wait a bit on that. I'll use my spare rotting 64GB one just to be extra deviant, it's literally gonna have HENkaku's config and a couple of helper utilities for when I don't have an SD2Vita plugged in. The battery seems OK at this point, I'll have to wait to play on it more to validate that.

My oled wifi vita's headphone jack is all fucked up, I only get a little audio out of it. Been using bluetooth which works, but it's not really ideal (have to reconnect every time it goes to sleep).
What's my best option to fix? Is there some way to solder on a new headphone jack? Worst case scenario I buy a new 3.60 motherboard, which isn't too bad given the price.

Okay well, I bit the bullet and bought one used, but unfortunately it's got firmware 3.65 on it, and I doubt I can do much with that.

You're more likely to get a lower firmware on a new vita that's been sealed in a box and sitting in a warehouse for ages than a used one that's been actively used and would prompt the user to update the firmware

For my long-term Vita general bros, Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition's reprint run must have just finished so it is back on sale again. Grab a copy before they're gone for good.

mariio128.com/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-ps-vita-as.html

Well, doesn't matter anyway. Found out today that the game I got it for (Digimon World Next Order) was only brought over on PS4. Might as well return it.

Fuck. My new sd2vita doesn't work. Vita won't boot. Read light just keeps blinking. Filing a dispute with aliexpress…

My buddy is going to have to wait until my second shipment arrives to have fun.

I didn't hear about the 3.0 adapter with white text being defective in design until after I placed the order. Maybe I can try fixing it.

Wait wait. Why are you using an SD2Vita? There is also an SD card adapter for the 3G slot which means you don't have to tie up the cartridge slot! If you can get one at least, have they put them up for sale again?

Also that's why I ordered two of the things. They were cheap enough, that I wanted a backup of some sort in case there was an issue with one, or for a secondary system.

I can't believe the one I found was older than 3.60 to be honest. Then again maybe it's also common for Vita sellers to have been leaving them to gather dust for a while before figuring to get rid of the things.

Akiba's Beat's dialogue is cringeworthy. I only got it because I'm starved for physical games and Gaystop didn't have Mary Skelter closeby.

Should I get the new Secret of Mana on the Vita, or on PS4 and Remote Play?

I can never find a psvsd for sale. I already ripped all my carts anyway so it's not really a big deal.

Just load up a SuFami emulator and play it on that.

No fuck you I want to spend my money

I don't work all day just so I can horde my money like some kind of crazy megalomaniac

Thread's almost at its limit. I'll be switching Vitas tomorrow. It'll be a project I believe since all key files will need to be regenerated, and saves backed up. Also damn it someone dump Bullet Girls 2 (NoNpDrm).

Then spend it on something better. If you're gonna insist, well, take a guess what a Vita thread is gonna recommend. It sure doesn't look like a game that belongs on a full console.

Fair enough. I did the same, it's annoying taking cartridges with you. Plenty of remaining space even after doing that, it's nice having big SD cards.

How bad are we talking, and is this just the localization?

Is this a sequel/prequel/tie-in or a standalone story?

Also is the translation any good?

Please respond.

Then get Super Robot Wars V or the Z3 duology.

Just finished the first ending not any characters or true but from that:
Technically a sequel although you don't really need to have played the first game it's more rare mentions of previous characters rather than a close tie in, important details such as the cause of the earthquake get explained anyway.

Pretty good, a few typos but nothing major and they use the tip system cultural shit explained in a menu from steins;gate so no localisation bs

Every visual novel should do that. Key terms and cultural stuff should be highlighted with the ability to click on them and get an explanation for them so everyone is on the same page and they don't have to try replacing words that don't have an english equivalent. Fate Extella did something similar but it was only with key terms.

Probably won't bump, no matter. Migration to the new Vita was shockingly painless. The only things that didn't copy was the bubble layout (natch), trophies (whatever), and game versions are wrong if they have unofficial patches, the update history and patches still work though.

I'll be playing it for a bit to see how the battery is now, and enjoying the OLED, no wonder everyone gushes about it. Picked up Nep AU to play today too, presently dumping it from my old Vita.

Thread is archived just in case. Reminder to OP there's a new paste.

new bred when page 13