SS13 - Space Station 13 Rape Edition

Its an autistic shift-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://165.227.105.190:1488
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
8chanserverhost is the current host and head admin for Honkstation.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

f-list.net/c/smells
facebook.com/kevinz000/
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/31139
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/11243
github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station/issues/112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IVNCVS OR RIOT
Also lightbulb bots and mice updates.

ive been playing videogames the last week so no Holla Forums for me. Any update on the scp shit?

Map user, what lore do you have for Iuncus so far? Stages of settlement/grafting etc.
It's crunchy as hell but needs some fluff.

I always figured it might be like sevastapol from alien isolation: Big in it's heyday but now completely forgotten, in a backwater cesspool and sitting in the shit-stained back pocket of nanotrasen; yet, so perfect for the occasional experiment which may be of questionable legality.
Old, tired, and falling apart.. yet comfy enough to be a home.

Can a codefag tell me how door permissions work? Is it per door (being that there's a lot of door prefabs), or is it by area? (I'm assuming area.)
Trying to finish cargo top level and there's a security office there and I don't want to bother giving it it's own APC, but I want it to still have APC power, if possible.

vidya is eternal suffering

Sorry, I'd be on tonight if it didn't feel like I hit crit.

people were getting up in my ass about me posting in the thread so I'm not going to post other then this post, so that's why the thread is as dead as it is

per door

the reason small areas have their own APC is so they have names so if you're crew tracking someone it'll say "small bumblefuck in nowhere near cargo"

>liggers get (((unbanned))) a few days later

purple name = /tg/station admin

also ligger's flist
f-list.net/c/smells

go post this shit and see hwo fast you get banned from singu.io

Have you learned your lesson about playing on any other server than this one? I'm not surprised in the least honestly, who cares. What do you expect from nu-/tg/

Has this game really never migrated off of that shitty client?

You wanna do it?

Jesus fucking christ thank you user, I thought I was the only one who noticed this autistic Pamperchu-tier faggot when I played on /tg/ a couple of times. From what I saw, Kevinz000 actively plays on Citadel and regularly commissions from that epic OC artist too. SS13 is way too welcoming to this population of scum and is starting to look more like it's falling the same way Garry's Mod did.

I feel like ive fucking seen this name outside of SS13 like on youtube or something, really gets my peanuts powered.
But where?

Do you have a link to that discord by any chance?

I never realized how realistic this game can be.

The public /tg/ server's open
The ligger and cat girl Discord, I dunno

The one time I saw someone roleplay he actually tried to frame me for crimes multiple times, shat all over sec for brutality, the usual stuff. Actually gave up and tossed his camera on the ground when I went firefighting in a tight space, stopping an anomaly from exploding.
The whole time I felt "he's a little too real".

Pic not related to anything.

Thanks.

That's awful.

Don't fixate on it or you'll turn out worse than they are. I'm being serious, you unintentionally adopt their behavior and mannerisms.

gottem
facebook.com/kevinz000/

Not seeing it!

unironic usage of this word (and i daresay ironic usage of it) is an extreme redflag for faggotry personified
nu/tg/ is some tranny, beta orbiting shitpile

Kind of ironic considering the map in progress.
The station that shits on all others is, in fact, a massive pile of shit stack on multiple Z-levels. That station that loathes the pbenomena of breaking lights and pyroclastic explosions adores its own blackened powerless swiss cheese of dilapidated structures.
God's be good. Lads, we're elitist as hell and I love it. Either that or the other station set the bar low enough we only need step over it.

Just thought of a good name for that supermatter shard setup that's been experimented with of late.
Sampo
The center of a lot of old Finnish myths, it generated salt and gold out of nothing. Quite a few wars were fought for its possession. Kind of an excellent analog for something that produces power and plasma for practically nothing.

just telling the truth over the radio means that you are order the AI to do something nowadays…

Did some testing. Tried to set up fields for a meteor shield. Seems emitters must be in a zone to work properly, to detect wires, making it a difficult task to coordinate.

Well it's essentially super dense matter to the point it has near magic abilities, but given that we're already going artiste with it I don't see why not.

I see nothing wrong with your order if you were human and they weren't, and most law sets disregard non humans.

Technically every part is an area because what isn't a station area is covered by the space area, which probably gets treated differently in code so I'll give you that.

Emitters can shoot through glass. Just have the emitters in an airtight corridor with windows along the outside and make it a maintenance area in the map editor. Then you can wire it all to the main grid so that as long as there is enough power being produced, you will be mostly protected by the shields.

I was doing this on a lone shift last night.
Not a map user, just messing around with a concept. That might help, but what is the effective range of emitters? Need to put the field out quite a distance to make sure it triggers meteors before they get past the girder protective layer.

It will travel at least a full screen, probably more.

At least two, probably three.
My dreams are dashed. Field generators are needed at relatively short distances from each other, and one emitter can not fuel a single connection, at least un-upgraded.

A meteor shield made of them is possible, but it requires a ton more emitters and field generators than the station holds. If anyone ever makes a military installation this is the kind of shit a military industrial complex would gild their outer perimeter with. Tax payer dollars at work.

The engineering guide has some fascinating notes. Like:
Subvert AI's, then make them omnipotent.

I put motion trackers in every camera in the main hall on /vg/station once I think and the AI was beyond rage.

I started doing that one slow AI-less shift out of boredom, probably wiztended, and then someone got late round MMI'd and made into an AI.

Keep in mind that you might only have to power every two shield pylons

gay

I'm here you nigger.

why didn't you heil hitler

Nigga what?

you'll find out

ADMIN ABUSE

OY VEY, WHO IS IT??????????????

I made a rage cage once as a mommi, and at the very least one emitter can power four pylons in this pattern
' '
' ' - - <
not sure if it works in a straight line, and they were a short distance. but hey, there you go.

model settler ship says, "This is ship ID #636 to Orion Port Authority. We're coming in for landing, over."
model settler ship says, "Uh, Port? Having some issues with our reactor, could you check it out? Over."
model settler ship says, "Oh, God! Code Eight! CODE EIGHT! IT'S GONNA BL-"

Once again Colonial Marines is trying to fuck with smaller servers that are remotely similar to it in anyway.

Do tell.

Details for this current event are low but it's fairly well known that the host for CM will hang out in any combat oriented servers discord solely to keep tabs on them, and whenever he gets any leverage on one specific server he'll use it to fuck with them. One example being when he was given a admin position out of good faith on a server and he spawned billions of spiders, crashing the server.

Not to mention apops a stolen valor who basically bullshits his military experience thoroughly, and on my particular server their admin team basically raided it at one point but when given the evidence CMs host basically brushed it aside and didn't really give a fuck. They're generally scummy people who get high off their own superiority complex.

TL;DR they love causing drama and using their own personal reddit army to fuck with anyone who muscles in on their niche.

Wew. So convinced that dey wuz military n shiet that they make raids on other serbers. I play CM sometimes as a very russian doctor, it's pretty fun screwing with people because they can't always understand me and GETTING AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE IT'S MY RP. Also I tend to make people furious by refusing to kill aliens in holdouts and in general because of "i vas of takingk ze hippocratic oath to become of doctor, blin." I mean I do always do my chemistry right and have a habit for being very good at surgery and doing them quick (often clearing out half the medbay myself), so it's not like I'm a complete shitter. I barely if ever have to resort to painkillers/anesthetic unless I'm doing surgery.

What I don't get about CM is why is every single bleeding round a "first contact" mission, when there's plenty of source material for "bug hunts". Just play with the game balance a little. Marines have actual sodding intel, and ayys get to keep that broken OP queen screech that they always rely on to win every single game where it's used a lot.

does the chaosyourgod still run this servers?

>become an assistant of robotics, get teached a lot by some (((girls))) there, build my first cyborgs, mechas and even an AI to link it to the mecha

I only played four shifts on it though, might very well be different the next time, who knows?

No

It's always a bit different. The real fun is when you make it different. I've been interrogated by clowns for crimes I didn't commit, subjected to twenty slimes burst through a door at the behest of a slime mad scientist, converted the entire station flooring to wood, and accidently set loose a murderous clown bot in a Ripley who proceeded to wreck the entire science wing and paint the floor with blood.
The only games that approach this level of spontaneity are Stalker and Dwarf Fortress.

Is there some bigger shit going on with this? Some queer on hippie was just crying about being mean to CM on leddit or something.

I think everyone just recognizes CM as the neighborhood asshole and knows that shitting on their lawn will result in a violation of the NAP and a targeted missile strike.

I had a good time.

Love your antics, you sociopath.

Why don't spiders cling to the ground when the gravity shuts off?

Because coding those interactions is too much shit. Second, I don't think there's even a state for "gravity generator shut off", there's just "GRAVITY=TRUE/FALSE", which means spiders would cling to the ground… in space.

Not finding it documented anywhere, what's the lethal power level for the electricity grid?

I thought I had surpassed the insulated glove's rating last night, kept getting electrocuted after I linked the singularity to the grid.
Turns out they weren't made of rubber. Somehow someway I got those.

normal output is like 300 kw (300,000 watts)
that does like 30 burn?
IIRC like >650 kw is instacrit

i think pizzacode has a cap of critting you, but i know /tg/ has a cap now where you can't be crit'd no matter how high voltage

Current live code for electrocution

Sorry here's the full code

The powernet get_electrocute_damage proc is:/datum/powernet/proc/get_electrocute_damage() if(avail >= 1000) return Clamp(round(avail/10000), 10, 90) + rand(-5,5) else return 0

So basically, every 10,000 units of power is 1u burn damage, always resulting in 10-90 damage, plus or minus 5. I don't think you can instacrit someone, but it's damn close.

This value is multiplied by the Siemen's Coefficient, but I don't know if there's anything with a value of 1.00 or higher

All gloves that arent insulated (or budget) have a siemen's coefficient of 1 iirc. Budget I think have 0.5

Still untested against real meteors, but got the implementation of a meteor shield prototyped. Goes a hell of a lot faster with two people. A dozen Shield crates from science section of cargo catalog will cover the important bits. I recommend reinforced walls on top of reinforced floors to protect exposed generators. While it is easier to make a single line of wire along the whole way it is safer to put it behind on set of catwalks, connecting to station grid at every opportunity.
Steps:

That'd be nifty. Imagine the following

>if S < 1, then roll a random number between 0..S

The effect being that insulated gloves make you immune, but other items give you a random resistance when it happens

Woooooow banned for 1min for blowing up escape. Worst mod ever.

Oh no, a [mupdate] school a busy edition
Finished cargo top floor, and put distributed trash around.
Also I'm totally planning "old arrivals" as a spooky area on the lower floor. Would give the idea that station used to be great, is now shit, and we now literally deliver people through a hole in the wall of the upper floor.

Hey you dumb ass niggers, its the big man, the big guy, 8chanserverhost, and I'm finally no longer wagecucking hardcore. Terribly sorry for not being on recently.

What happened friend?

Yey. Been kind of lonely lately, sometimes over nine hours I've only seen trialmod and roboticist as regulars.
Just as fine though, less god damn explosive events.

Form what I know, budget insulated gloves can either give you weaker or stronger shocks depending on their internal Siemens Coefficient value, which can go across 1.5 to 0.25. I'd say 0.0 but I'm NOT SURE what are the chances of getting those(If there are any in this codebase)

> github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/31139
Nevermind its mostly shitcode right now. Honkbots.

I want to play and but servers I have checked are dead.

It's like butter spread too thin, everyone is on at opposite times now.

Might also be that we haven't noticeably gone public in a while.

Good. Fuck pubbies. They may bring the game to live, but I would rather have a dead game than play with furfags, murderhobos, snowflakes and/or hypersensitive oppression sensors.

Reminds me of that guy that slipped through after we shut off public last time. Midimin started up Boss Nigga and he lost his shit.

Miss that fucker. He had a great taste. Did he ever get the SSN 668i mids to work?

But we have those now

There should be a new mission type, where players are spawned with the option of putting on cat ears/tails and then receive a melee buff, while all others get a shotgun with some ammo.
Then the fun begins.
Or, you know, colonial marines.

So, this is dead?

Naw, out of sync. I'll be on shortly for 4-5 hours. If anyone else is there then yey, but if not oh well.
Pic unrelated

Hydroponics is the best teaching method, proven again.
Too bad my connection is shit tonight.

help

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It doesn't please me to be right, but I'll take solace in this simple "I told you so".
You autists don't know what you want, even less what you need and you're doomed to failure because your crippling autism will never allow you to accept any change. You'll forever wonder how come people don't want to play the same thing over and over again with much better alternatives around to waste their time.

I see a faggot saying he'd rather have a dead server than one with pubbies. Wish granted, is this what you wanted? Loads of fun, playing singleplayer SS13, uh?

Stay autistic, fags. I will always be right no matter how much shitpost you throw at me. And the best part? Deep down you it's true, you're just too stubborn to admit it.

Outside of Koriath lol who else got kicked off?

Is that really what matters, or the lack od new content?
Becasue even the shitty content Koriath made was good for discussion, shenaningans and peeking interest.

I remenber there were people saying they'd outright refuse to play on the server if some of the proposed changes were implemented and a lor of shit was refused because "it's not popular".
Where are those people? Why are they not playing?
Wether they were shitposters more interested in drama than playing or autists that got bored and left doesn't matter.
Like I said, you pander to the demographic you want to keep. You just bet in the wrong horse.

Who knows. Kind of wish I joined before the drama so I knew what the hell everyone was talking about.
There were long nights of OOC about people who didn't even play, so never picked up on the names thrown around there. Now we have an existential problem, there isn't even an authority to question.
I'm going to keep playing, that's for sure. It itches a scratch of pride in my work that real life has yet to give me. I don't know how or why thing got to where they are, but it looks like the specter of apathy I usually see after drama is quashed. For fucks sake say something, anything.
I remember an admin having something akin to a crisis of conscience about the server dying. Here is a lesson, the more a fungus is attacked, trample, the stronger it gets. Anons are not a hivemind, but spread like a fungal network. We grew out of the cesspit of Holla Forums and /a/. Banning the active antagonism of those like spiderfaggot was morally good but bad for growth.

Who are you and why should we care? That guy who took wild guesses a month back and got half of them dead wrong because you never played?

Yes.

Can we add some vorestation code, it's new content after all :^)))))))

This is clearly bait, but I'm biting it anyway.
People lose interest over time, and there is nothing I can do about it. I cannot code or add any new features. Kyron's "muh stamina combat" feature wouldn't of added players, and he was too stubborn and angry to understand why. Anyone else who has added features has either disappeared or has become so busy that theres no bother getting them to code. Personally, I'd rather have a decent codebase than one filled with shit.
All I'd really say is just wait until honk finishes shadowling or IUNCUS station is complete, but until then, we're dead. Thank you.

Actually no, don't even know who that guy is. Any screencap?

Yet again focusing on the names, as always. You're both playing or rather you should be on a server that has user OOC for a reason and you don't even bother to understand why.
Whatever boogeyman you remenber is gone now and yet everyone that complained about it isn't back. Whatever features were said to be terrible and would result in the downfall of the server were not implemented, and yet the downfall is coming anyway.

Names and people never were the problem, you never had an inkling of evidence or argument to substanciate this. And yet now you have plenty to argue otherwise.
That the problem is lack of new content and players. That even allowing pubbies to join in does more good for the server than hiding it and that accepting shitty broken features is better for the server as it begets discussion and autistic projects with them, rather than having nothing and people getting bored.

And yet you'll always still focus on the names, always insisting that's the key to solving every problem, just have to find the right scapegoat. As usual.

So your server is doomed to last only as long as people have fun with what they have now with the current population, since other servers have active coders and artists.

Except you don't know this for certain as it was never actually tried, was it? You and many other's argued instead the oposite, that implementing it would scare people away. Well tell me why you have 0 players now, what did scare them?
Can you say with 100% certainty that it would scare people away, instead of making the combat severely different from other servers, much like the stun changes made it so different and preferable than any other server? Because I can also argue you did not implemented that change because you were "too stubborn and angry to understand why".

That's because you can't have people working seriously and autistically on something they have no passion for and you don't understand this because you don't code at all.
Nobody will work on features that someone else wants for no gain at all, not for long anyway. You either pay them or you let them work on what they like.
For fuck's sake, you're working with open-source code and you don't know what the meme is with that shit? That just because anyone can contribute to it doesn't mean that someone actually will.
Just ask yourself this: Why would anyone ever contribute a single line of code for SS13, let alone an actual new feature? Why do you think the entire codebus for /tg/ keeps going at it, and what kind of projects do you think they work on? Personal shit that they personnaly like and think are good additions to the community, not a checklist wrote down by the players they have to complete for no gain at all.

You have a decent codebase, mate. And unless you added shit, it's shit-free. But that's not enough, you need it changing, evolving and renewing itself, but you're never gonna have that because change is very scary.

So a new traitor (that's just 2 types of traitors meshed together) and a new map is your plan? That's what you think will have people joining up? And staying?
Traitor roles are something that only 1-2 people can try every round and it's reliant on RNG if you want to give it a go, traitors were never the main draw in any Holla Forums serb (unless running gimmicks) and a new map will only last until everyone already explored everything which lets be honest, how long do you think it's gonna take? A week? 3 days? Maybe even less if someone just downloads it from git.
But hey, at least those aren't unpopular changes, so there's no way they can scare players away, right? After all, you can't really subtract from 0 anyway…

Good luck with that, can't wait to drop by the thread in 2 months (assuming they take 1 to finish that) and drop another "I told you so". It never feels good, but it always feels right to do so.

Names matter because its way more real than nameless coders. The boogeymen are never truly gone, we write down their names and we remember what they did. The contributions are not anonymous and thats where the coders make a name for themselves.

Sage because you're a drama-stirring faggot.10$

sage because this sounds like kyron having a field day :^)

What a coder makes is more real than their name. What each one of us does is more real than our names.
How the fuck do you even manage to write this in an ANONYMOUS imageboard and then imply that someone else and not you is the Goon here?

Hope you enjoy Colonial Marines or you're ready for some cat ears in vg/tg. You like names so much that now you're gonna have to play on servers where names are what matters the most.
Have fun, if you can! :^)

Be honest pal, do you actually prefer a dead server over having the stamina update? That instead of having a shitty feature you don't like you instead use no features at all since there's nobody on? Because if that's so, congratulations, you finnaly have the server you always wanted.

You're right, I'm terribly sorry. We will be re-adding meeseeks and dirty solars, since no code can truly be bad. Thank you for reminding me friend!

everything a coder makes is tied to their name, especially when that change is shit and people want someone to blame. That's how koriath/kyrion made his way to infamy. And its your argument tactics and end-goal that make you a goon.

Just admit that you're koriath and your transparent tactic of deflecting away from naming which coders are whining didn't work.

I was going to wait till the next thread but at this point I'd rather not let kyron the drama fagging attention whore subvert the point I was making with his autistic bullshit. this post I promised my self not to post but I'm basically forced to at this point.

the reason why the server is dead is because of the little amount of posting going on in the thread. this was why I was straight up shitposted in prior threads because no matter what you think, Holla Forums works like this "dead thread = dead game" the quality of the post does not matter much so long as it isn't drama bs because hey guess what people who look at the thread who are deciding on if they want to play will determine that based upon the activity of the thread since it's a reflection of the server in their eyes.

I told straya fag this and I showed you all it with this thread. next time maybe don't crawl up my ass when I'm only caring about the game

T. wolfspider tbh

Wew, never asked for any of those things back especially since it wasn't me who did them but you do know why solars were changed, and considering the chimpout came only from players that refused to start the Singularity in favour of solars, it's telling the levels of autist that change provoked. :^)

You also missed the whole point of my question. Are you happy with a stagnant codebase that doesn't trigger your and everyone else's sensibilities but doesn't keep anyone interested for long? Is this really how you want to run the server?

People are faggots then, when a change is shit, it's reverted (it's one of the reasons to use Git) and life moves on.
You know a coder can just make as many different accounts he wants in Git and propose any ideas he wants with all of them, thus negating entirely your whole plan for accontability, right? Are you knew to this whole internet and anonymous thing?

Pray tell me what my tactics and end-goal are, I really want to hear wisdom from the guy that thinks names matter more than actions in an anonymous community and is perfectly happy with a dead server as long as [name] doesn't get his way. There's a lot of irony levels we are going through here, I hope you're getting them all.

Serious suggestion, get an IRC client and join the coderbus. You'll have a field day bitching about mods, you can even use the list of people on that channel as a hitlist.

So that's why back then when threads were full of shitposting from banned players endlessly ranting about the admins and at one point even you the servers were… Still empty?
It's sad to see not only history being forgotten and even revisioned, but also a bunch of autists thinking they understand how other people think based on nothing but their own ideas and taste.

Fact is, when all those shitty features were added that you complain about, there was a lot of shitpost but there were also a lot of players that wanted to see them first hand and see what they could get away with using them. They were bad features that had to be redone and patched later but they did kept a lot of people playing.
In every single server, the moment the code starts to stagnate, people get bored and leave, even the drama is secondary to this universal truth.

I don't believe you've prevented any coder from joining you and contributing, but at the same time, none has shown up so far that contributed something more complicated than copy+pasting features from other servers or mild bugfixing.
You will always need coders but as long as you tell them "you can't do shit unless da community allows it", you're not gonna get any. Enjoy your dead server, at least you'll always be able to blame names for your own autism. At this point I have more faith in finally finishing my remake then you ever getting more than 15 players again.

Yey activity.
I love you faggots and all the pettiness we bring out in each other.

this whole shitpost was worth it just for the sake of yet another gondola to my collection

the only one re-visioning is you, before I stepped down as hostfag I was the most active on next to 8chanserverhosting.

you played once with your brother who emagged his way into the captains quarter as a tato and only once. you know shit so you do nothing but speak shit. I'd suggest shutting up before you make your self look like even more of a fool but we both know you're a ridiculous who can't code worth a damn.

>>>/gitgud/

Checked. What kinds of Gondola are you looking for? I have a garden.
I think Garden is the plural. They're weird like that.

Just as a foreword, I'm jumping into the middle of the entire argument having read some of it; I'm frustrated that we don't have people, and I'd welcome pubbies as long as they aren't furfags.

This tbh, I started making IUNCUS and continue to do it from time to time for fun. I could paste some dramashit about from the discord but I won't out of decency. Go public, get people. Keep anonymous names because it's funny, don't have furshit races available from the character creator, and the level of shit won't be so high. tbh, I only play on our server if I want to try something out or test something, because it's always quiet. Honestly, what happened to the SCP user, who or what scared him away, I haven't seen him post in a while and that sounded very fun. Can't have a community without people.

I know it's ironic but I'd actually think meseeks would be funny.

If you I'm assuming (you)'re the serb host or one of the admins by the context let the server die, I might end up taking the map, loading it with someone else's codebase probably /tg/, despite furfagging, fixing any missing assets, and then giving it to them, or just not ever finishing the map to begin with. I'm a relatively new addition to the ss13 community and I tried to put some life in by finding something constructive to do that I also thought fun. Currently I'm halfway through science and probably a third-to-half but don't quote me on that of the project (two Z levels in all), and I have other stuff I could be doing with my time. Not here to argue, give, or take any shit, I want to have fun. Game isn't about combat anyway and I'd actually rather have stamina or broken bones combat like in CM because it means doctors have something to do and prevents murderboning. He might kill you but he can have fun fixing all those fractures without getting into surgery, he should have been more clever.
—
All in all, my entire post is a bit of a mess since I don't know who's who, but I hope you all get the gist. I have a life and while I'm more than happy to help this server live I'm not going down with the ship, so to speak. I can and will go enjoy my other hobbies or other games just like anyone else and like many people who used to play here have already done. That's my bit.. like I said I'm not here to argue, I suppose I just wanted to say that, as messy as it is.
Pic doesn't have to be related, but it probably is.

I didn't played on your sever that much since I didn't saw the point, it was mostly dead anyway at the time do to your own reputation.
Frankly, of all the people I'd expect you to be the one who'd understand the concept of putting more value in actions than names, considering you did a pretty great job at getting a server running despite the shitpost thrown your way.

And yet you still break down to peer pressure, fearing you'd lose the few players you got. You lost them anyway when I specifically told you what would happen if you pandered to shitposters. Seriously, you have no one else to blame but yourself and the other guy hosting now. These were your choices, leave with them.

That's rich coming from an ideafag that can draw neat 2D art at least. At least every single one of the ideas I proposed, I could write code for.
I never asked someone to code the changes I wanted, I learned how to make them myself so I'd never depend on someone else to the point I can even make a remake of the whole game on my own.
Apparently you never did the same and there never was the worry about this to begin with, which is why you're in the predicment you're in now.
If you think I can't "code worth a damn", I want to see you do better.

Dunno if it's actually Gardens for plural. I used to have a folder here but I guess it's on another PC, mostly filled with Gondolas with sad music and situations. It's something very depressing but it does make you feel more human, the emotions it invokes on you.

If this threat is still up tomorrow and nothing else of value was posted, I'll dump a few and we can compare dick sizes gondolas. :DDDD

Wanna see me kill that idea really fast? That's Koriath
He started reading some SCP's from their site and found one that's several pages long, practically a novel. He didn't noticed till he reached the end but he has been reading SCP's for a week now.
Says he had some neat ideas but I think he lost some steam and doesn't see the point if the server is dead.

I still think you should keep doing your map. It seemed like a really good idea and I'm sure a few other servers will enjoy it, though probably not /tg/. They have severe problems with maps that restrict their meta-autism.
If this server actually goes down, maybe I'll try my hand at running one. Might as well use my wageslavebucks for something usefull autistic, right?

So. Did anyone get anything from this besides indignation?

Moving on, how do shield generators work in comparison to field emitters? I have a suspicion it is hardlight, light in stasis. This explains the non-interaction it has, and that things trapped between when they turn on are not hurt but merely held in place. If they were to be buildable what would the parts and build order be?

do you have to go roundabout to confirm my statement?

I know you can't code a damn because I know exactly what your coding ethic is. you're a fucking reactionary with no foresight what so ever and in fact you down right refuse to consider listening to anyone suggesting any kinda foresight no matter what because you're far too stuck up your own ass you'd rather fucking bring your own brother down with you in your burning wreck of a drama filled down right stolen idea self masturbatory fest. you are the reason why Koriath has a rep, you and no one else, did you ever stop to consider that your actions cause issues for people close to you at all? obviously not because you're still at it in this thread trying gloat over projections.

if you're so fucking butt blasted, why don't you just host your own server? I did it and I'm a fucking idiot but at least I don't claim to be able to do things that are a bold faced lie.

w o w. For the record I'm not against koriath. For, actually, if we're talking about SCPs. I have no idea what the whole stamina thing is about but it's probably not as bad as I'm reading.
I'd be open to that. I do, however, feel that to give you the map that I started building on the 8station codebase I should be able to load it up with your own codebase, even if it is a straight up renamed git-rip of what we have, that's on you to do and not me. Note this only applies if you make a serb at the same time this one is still going. For the record I'm not suggesting a mutiny, but I do want a serber with people to enjoy something that I've spent months off and on working on.
I'd probably still refuse money if the negotiation were to create deadlines for me, since I do this in off-time only. If it were "hey great shit, have some bux for the stuff you already did. Go make more but I want x y and z in it", then that'd be on the table m a y b e. I'd rather do it for free and just put in ideas I like and that fit or positively expand my vision which I've been doing thus far.

I just hope the correct people actually read and get my post here

w o w. For the record I'm not against koriath. For, actually, if we're talking about SCPs. I have no idea what the whole stamina thing is about but it's probably not as bad as I'm reading.
I'd be open to that. I do, however, feel that to give you the map that I started building on the 8station codebase I should be able to load it up with your own codebase, even if it is a straight up renamed git-rip of what we have, that's on you to do and not me. Note this only applies if you make a serb at the same time this one is still going. For the record I'm not suggesting a mutiny, but I do want a serber with people to enjoy something that I've spent months off and on working on. That's all I want, really.
I'd probably still refuse money if the negotiation were to create deadlines for me, since I do this in off-time only. If it were "hey great shit, have some bux for the stuff you already did. Go make more but I want x y and z in it", then that'd be on the table m a y b e. I'd rather do it for free and just put in ideas I like and that fit or positively expand my vision which I've been doing thus far.

That's nice but how do shield generators work?

with the rage of one massive autist.

Seems a bit ironic to say that here, no? And writing down names and all that shit is petty as fuck. Adults would call that "holding a grudge". Live and let live, man. Kyron is gone, the boogyman can't hurt you, sweet child.

Imagine being so autistic that you go on an anonymous website to brag about who you are and what you did in the past.

GONDOLA THREAD

Seems a bit ironic to say that here, no? And writing down names and all that shit is petty as fuck. Adults would call that "holding a grudge". Live and let live, man. Kyron is gone, the boogyman can't hurt you, sweet child.

Imagine being so autistic that you go on an anonymous website to brag about who you are and what you did in the past.

GONDOLA THREAD

Gee thanks for the double post codemonkey you legendary PoS. I'll delete the second one when I can but right now I'm even getting bad gateway errors in trying. Yeah yeah I know server upgrades and all that blah blah Posting a cat to make this worthwhile at least.

Emergency shield generators?

Yeah, I think. Not sure why they append it with emergency.
They're so much easier to use than emitter fields.

Going average

I know very well exactly what the changes I code actually do in terms of code, thank you very much.
Actually, he's the only reason he has a bad rep. Every single idea used to bash him was his own creation, I never had a hand on it.
The only things I ever proposed were the stun changes and the user OOC, I even tried to argue with him about stuff like meeseeks needing to be heavily redone so it wasn't that bad but he just did his own thing.
However I can actually go to specifics about this, you can only throw generic accusations about the whole thing because you're too stubborn you placed your bet on the wrong horse playerbase.

The infamous "stamina update" is simply this:
Whenever you attack someone with a melee weapon including your punches, you lose a small bit of stamina based on it's weight. If you're punching someone, instead of 5 Brute damage, you're dealing 1 Brute and 4 Stamina damage.
You regenerate stamina as usual when you're standing, half the rate when you walk and nothing if you're running around.

That's all there is to it, it was a way to balance weaker but lighter weapons with stronger but heavier ones, give you an option for non-lethal combat that can be done at any time instead of requiring punching gloves and turning combat into something a bit more tactical instead of mindlessly clicking on people.

I meant in the sense that I can actually pay for a server to host the code, not actually paying people to contribute to the server.
That shit doesn't work very much, works of passion done for free are always of better quality than work done for the sake of a wage anyway.

Koriath here, my two cents:
One, my brother is retarded, and angry. He did want the server to suceed, but it's dead/dying. Please be understanding, he has autism or a sever lack of knowing when to shut the fuck up.

The SCP thing is 60% done. I had read a bunch of SCP articles but around the last week I delved into their articles and lore and to be honest, lost an ungodly ammount of time reading it. Did you knew there's shit worse than Keter? Appolyion and Geruvah. Holy shit.
Lost a lot of time and wanted to re-do somethings. I'd take screenshots but the sprites are made are all ugly placeholders (red quare, blue circle, shit like that).

As for the server, please everyone, understand something really important.
This board has a population of 5000. Or close enough to it.
If we could get 1% of them to play semi regularly, that'd mean 50 players.
2% of them (100) would mean the server was populated at all times.
That's all it took, 2% of this board.

And we never got there. Not even when I was full-time coder/admin, not in pizza, not in ever.
The peak I remember was 60. When we opened it to public a bunch of months ago.
Please understand that something has gone seriously wrong for months upon months.
And the more time you all spend pointing fingers at each other, the less time you spend improving the server.

If I remember correctly, Anti-Breach shields create shields in a modest radius that halts atmos leaks without preventing movement through them, thereby being better than metal foam in certain situations, I.E. sealing up the narrow breaches made by immovable rods or meteors, where you don't really need the wide coverage of metal foam and it would just make a big mess that you have to spend even more time cleaning up when you can just fix up a breach under shielding and be done with it.

Also, a sugestion for the admin team on the current server: talk to Mark. Get our station featured in one of those Weekend game nights

Triple posting, but wathever:
Admin should also run events. Spice them and change them every weekend.
SS13 has the perfect way to spice up events.
You can use the gateway to take the players to thematic maps during the weekend.
Large maps that a mapfag can work during the week.
If you're willing to try, I had an idea for a map about Pirates and treasure hunting.
Gateway mapfaggotry doesn't require nearly as much work as normal maps: no wiring, no lightning (unless you want it) and with a bit of coding, you can make enemy generators and loot dispensers.

Pretty much what said, it takes power from the area's power wirelessly and only emits a shield over space tiles. I think it has a four tile diameter.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Now there's an old friend.

nah you aren't getting it, with the user code, you got one bit of ckeys and had to be told about every other instant that you missed to which you still haven't completed yet. that's how you code you have this tiny idea, which you stole from someone else, and then fart it out demanding everyone else deal with it

nah your autistic out bursts are the reason you self assured delusional fuck. has he ever had a melt down over his shitty ideas? no, you do however and your brother being your brother has to try to damage control your ass

God damn it
Not talking crunch, talking fluff
And not talking breach, talking about the shields normally found in xenobio, that make a blue wall up to nine spaces long.
What's the science behind them?

I don't remember stealing Plaguestation from somewhere else.
Neither did I steal the Chem Replicator or the Improved Virology terminal.

Kyron does have a serious grip with combat right now. I sorta agree with him because, let's face it, combat sucks a fat one in SS13.
It has depth, and tons of things you can do, but the game also features a ton of shit that completely negates most of that depth.
E-swords deflect laser beams. Pretty awesome, but then all Sec Officers pull out the baton.
One of the most retarded things in this game: baton wins against an e-sword 100% of the time, there's no defense against the baton.
Impractical/out of reach most of the time.

Actually, this example is even better at showcasing the biggest problem in SS13: everything that can be considered "awesome" takes a shitload of work, effort and sometimes luck to pull off. But it rarely happens because countering it is, for most things, effortless.
Don an hardsuit. 100% negated.
Just like the movies, right? Until they claw you, stunning for 15 seconds, break a window and drag you to space where the fire burning them dies.
Going Comando on that tator? Great idea. E-swords don't deflect it. But nah, he clicks you once with a sleepy pen and you're as good as dead.

This actually makes a ton of sense when you consider that the strong point of the game was stealth: pulling these off while undetected is rather easy because the crew doesn't usually prepare for this sort of things. But overtime, the crew will get tired of these shenanigans and prepare. By which I mean the assitant will notice the medic grabbing a seringe gun and break into E.V.A to steal an hardsuit.
But the medic got his seringe gun loaded with poisonous shit because he fears the traitor. This of course means he didn't have time to hand over acid to research. Research then refuses to upgrade cloning and upon noticing the Spacesuited Assistant procedes to spawn weapons and maybe a Gygax with no beacon. The botanist will see the Gygax and keep a pot with Deathnettle in the back, just in case while also warning the barman. The barman will dismantle the Autolathe in cargo, pissing them off to print his own bullets, but cargo will see that, the Assistant and start Guncargo. Guncargo will atract security, which causes caos since half the crew perceives an innocent cargo technician being arrested for doing his job. This will motivate a small scale revolt that distracts security while the lawyer, fearing his lack of weapons will try to get his hands on some and hack into the Armory. The engineers are still not back from the misterious place where they go to after setting solars and the clown will alert the crew that the virologist is doing is job with his suit on: a clear sign he's brewing foul diseases and needs lynching. The AI will lock down doors to prevent it, and people will doubt the AI is on their side, doubling this down when it refuses to be carded: clearly it's rogue. Toxins burst on fire, because it always does, and that means science was making bombs. The janitor was killed long ago and when his body is found, someone will drag him halfway across the map leaving blood everywhere. The captain awakes from a comatose sleep to find half the lights broken and a trail of blood. He calls the shuttle because shit's fucked.
Noone constests, they're all armed, and feel the tension in the air. The HoP commits suicide when he can't find Ian and a max-cap blows up in departures killing half the crew on the final moments before the shuttle leaves.

Near arrivals, on a lone pod, the traitor laughs. All he did was kidnap Ian and fill the janitor spray with potassium. Green text, great victory, the players who played the crew grow even more distrust amongst them.

I got every single bit of ckeys except for round end reports of traitors and AI\borgs. Which I fixed the day after.
There's a changelog anyone can check in the git, why would you revision history that can so easily be verified?

The stun change wasn't stolen from anyone, especially since I know of no other server using it and the same goes for the user OOC.
These were my only 2 contributions to the game, not counting the stamina change since that wasn't implemented (but that's also not stolen from anyone, please tell me of a server running with it if you want are you refering to LFWB?)

You mean the shitfits people throw over very minor changes to the code simply because of who did them instead of what they actually do
To the point that they think the stamina update was about making the combat turn based?
I'd say the reaction I get from some people is far more autistic than anything I've ever written.

Honestly, I don't know what's more upsetting, to have my ideas misrepresented despite the code being open for anyone to read (you can't be more transparent than this and yet I'm still met with obtuse faggots) or that I'm right so often and yet everyone carries on with their shitty mindset based on literally nothing, even going against past history and then not only wonders how did things went so wrong, they still can't acknowledge I was right.

I said the stun combat was the best thing you could include in a server and nobody believed in it except for [redacted] who gave it a try. And yet it made combat so much better.
I said user OOC was a good idea and yet it still recieved heavy backlash, even a poal to remove it. And yet it ended name drama on the game.
I said pandering to shitposters and dramafags was a mistake, that they wouldn't play anyway and any threat about leaving the community was hollow due to this. And the server is empty despite pandering to them.
I fucking hate being right so often and yet everyone acts as if nothing of this ever happened, basing their judgement on something as silly and stupid as the stamina update on "these guys that just want to see autistic outburts on the thread for entertainment and don't actually play the game think this isn't a good idea".

I'll forever gloat at everyone that still thinks I'm wrong until I'm actually proven wrong. Stay mad, I'm not the one that actually emptied an entire server and let a community die.

See where I'm going with this? The answer to combat can't be "do this autistic task and prepare for everything or you die". That leaves people doing autistic shit every single round.
Not only it makes everyone look like a potential traitor 15 minutes in the round, it cuts down on the rest of the content.
If you wanna play around with crayons, you lose time you could spend arming up.
Essentially, the players have to choose between doing stupid but funny shit, or playing Unreal Tournament 13.

Would the stamina changes make this better?
Honestly, I can't say. Nor can anyone. We didn't try. All we can do is speculate. At most, I could people going for shiv's and small knifes more often, since missing a swing with a fire-axe was penalizing as fuck. Or keep together: if bashing someone drained stamina, two or three players banding together would win 100% of the time against a lone wolf going General Autismo on the crew.
Compare to now where a guy with a spear and a bottle of soap can easily dispatch 3 guys.

tl;dr
Calm your autism, satan

which you had to be told about, it wasn't the day after it was afew days after, mommi still have ckeys and so does ghosts who join the round before it starts

I'm referring to your shitty ideas which are taken from /vg/ and hippie as well as life web.

was I refering to you koriath?

God damn this debate is ranging multiple days.
Good on you shitposter, you at least revived the thread.

I was actually told it was fine and I didn't had to bother with it and yet I still did. I also said at the time to post about any other instance I had forgotten that I'd find and change it as well, you're blaming me when the fault lies at sphagetti code.

You're referring to jack shit because you're not giving a single example and you're not gonna do it because you have none.
At best you'll probably mention skills\atributes being something from LFWB (despite I proposing 5, not 4 and none of them gating content)

Let's sin!

I know you weren't, don't worry.
But the stamina shit wasn't stolen, I think. He did came up with it. Just putting that out there.

Have we tried r34 yet? Some giant dump of SS13 r34 could also revive the thread.

you were told afew things the fact of the matter is it's an example of your coding ethics
good one

you've noted some of your shitty stolen ideas already

Even better one.

I'm not sure Stamina works the same way in LFWB, but you tell me since you seem to know so much about it. Everything else I won't even bother to comment since there's nothing else. Burden of proof lies in you faggot, either supply examples or accept you're talking out of your ass.

Well, since the thread is more or less alive, and there's 150 replies or so, I'll leave an idea here and ask for opinions:

Complex 13:
It's an underground complex with 5 floors.
There resides Friend Computer (NPC only) and a bunch of NPC's.
The players spawn (cloned) in a room where the Friend Computer assigns them a job.
Shortly after, they're contacted by a secret organization.
Objective: climb the social ladder. Do your job well? Rank up in your department. Do Friend Computer's requests (Troubleshoots)? You earn more acess. Do your secret societies missions, get more telecrystals and more dangerous objectives.
The game ends when one player climbs all 3 ladders. The Secret Society he belongs too has sucesfully inflitrated his department and Friend Computer's society through him.
Then it starts anew.

Features:
Between the 5 levels of the complex there's 4 levels with tunnels, caves and undergound communists.
At the top, there's the surface with radiation, carps and surface communists.
Among the dark corners of level 5 there's criminals, a blackmarket, and illegal communists.

If you die, Friend computer will let you be cloned up to 5 times. After that you start the social ladder again from the start with a new person. After all, if you die 5 times you're wasting resources and are iicompetent and possibly a communist.

Note: if this all feels familiar, congratulations, you got to play one of the best tabletops ever.
But if you're not UltraViolet acess, you're a communist and need to be vaporized.

Note: I'd be willing to host this on a serb myself so the normal SS13 serb could keep being on.
The idea of setting up Friend Computer as an NPC is to include an automated Moderation mechanism in-game.
Yes, but unlike all other SS13 spin offs, the automated moderation here is not only intentionally flawed, it's part of the game.
It doesn't ban you from the server: it just makes your head explode for instance. So get creative and find ways to get your enemies "banned".

Of course, malicious acts to actively sabotage the server are dealt normal bans, otherwise, handle it IC, even bombing the whole complex is handled IC.

don't shift the focus here you drama fagging cunt, I'm talking about you being trash over all and needing to fuck off possibly making his own shit server instead of hovering over this one like the cancer you are.

pure coincidence how similar your shitty ideas to other better implemented actual code huh

If you manage to get my brother to apologize or admit he was wrong about ANYTHING at all, post your paypal or equivalent and I'll pay you a beer.

From what and to what? We were talking about the "many" times I've written shitty copypasted code, for which you haven't shown a single example. If there's someone here trying to shift the focus, it's you who thinks he can bullshit his way out of this by mentioning even more names and insults.

You're talking a lot but saying nothing for about 5 posts in now or so. Give examples of efatures that were "better implemented actual code" in other servers, if you can.
You make it sound like it's really easy to prove I jacked code from somewhere and botched the implementation of it, so why aren't you showing a single example? Maybe instead of making a fool of yourself you should go lurk for it instead? Maybe not post anymore?

why do you do this

Well, me and my brother will be home in 45 minutes.
I can join then, he should be too assmad for it, but I'm down for some asteroid colonizing.

no one said anything about you down right stealing code, just ideas, why are you mentioning that. do you have something to share with us?

having a dead thread for a week or so is a fairly damning thing, we're going to need a move active thread for much longer to counter act that dip

Most of that is OCdonut steel. This is a greentext game, and so things get personal. I can get things that remind me about ss13 but rarely anything directly about. Emagged gynoids and that slime bitch aside.

Well I'm at work. Will be on around 6 or so

If there's only 4-5 of us, we could do something co-op. I sugest colonizing the Asteroid, that's always a fun project, takes a shitload of hours and keeps the server up with people until later on where more people join up.

Now you're outright cherrypicking and moving the goalposts. Yet another post without a single example? You're starting to disapoi- No, actually I don't expect you ever to write one since there is no such thing.
Keep making an ass of yourself, faggot.

This reminds me that I don't think we ever counted how many americans and how many europeans there are.
There's different timezones for either but their closer to each other than to the other side of the atlantic and it would explain when high-pop actually is, assuming the regulars here all have dayjobs.

no I've kept on with my points, what was that old Jewish saying though? "accuse your enemy of what you're doing"

You mean your OPINIONS. Because until you substantiate those with examples that can be verified, they aren't more than, just, like, your opinion, dude.
And no, the Jewish saying is "always deflect attention from you, never argue in concrete terms". How could you forget your heritage like that, user?

you sticking your thumbs in your ears and going "lalala" means you'll never accept any kinda "verified" example and you do this because you've clearly got some kinda chip on your shoulder over people bullying you, I've seen this kinda thing alot actually I think you're past the point of crying and are at being massively defensive over the littlest shit though

Koriath, fuck off and tell your """"brother"""" to fuck off too. No one has ever wanted your changes and getting assmad over the fact no one still does won't change anything.

Post\link to one. A single one would prove your point, why can't you do it? Oh that's right. There's none. You know I can keep asking you for evidence as often as I want and the only way you can argue otherwise is to actually present some, right?

That's some projection coming from a guy with some chip on his shoulder over me. Kinda wish I submited the stamina under a different user account so I could prove this, but then again it's not like you care that much about proving the claims you make to begin with anyway.

Says the guy assmad that nobody wants to play on a stale server. Oh wait, you're probably actually happy about it anyway, you just love the drama.

LONDON

I told you it wouldn't matter since you can't accept anything that's not in your world view

your stamina did partly get in, it was trash code which you mocked the person who fixed it over because you needed to feel this misplaced superiority over the people who "scorned you" if that's not chip on your shoulder then tell me what is

Wew lad

A change from Gondola for a moment.

Stop, please. The irony is killing me and I'm not even sure you're aware of it.

You mean the change to the stamina cap that had nothing to do with my idea, the one that was already fixed by koriath, how shamefull and only served to show how inept the other coder was?
I really should have kept quiet so I could laugh at the following shitpost about people being knocked out forever without anyone knowing why, and I'm sure I'd still be blamed for something I didn't code.

It's not misplaced and it's not superiority if it's true. I told you what would happen if you pandered to shitposters and drama. I told you what would happen if you refused to change the code instead of keeping it stale. And you didn't "scorned" me, you ignored and even argued against all I said based on nothing but your personal feelings and history that never happened.

It's a dry laugh, but it's mine and I'll enjoy it. I get to mock you for being the stubborn low-test faggot you are and there's nothing you can do about it, because you're too pridefull to admit I was right, even when you stand in the corpse of a dead server, ended by your own impotent hands, not any of my meddling.
Must suck, uh? Your scapegoat didn't do shit this time, you can't actually pin this failure on him. I hope it hurts.

I dont really care if Kevinz000 plays on other serbers or what gay flist erp shit some people do but being banned for exposing metagaming is pretty surreal.

you coded it, honk just copy and pasted it and then after your "gloat" he fixed it without your "hint". it's your fuck up no matter how hard you try to say otherwise and it disgusts me how you try to dust off honk as being lower then you when at the time he was trying to be on your side about it and it really disgusts me when you try to connect my drama bs with your drama when it was you your self who undermined me trying to be on your side what so ever. so no it's not true what so ever, you're a pathetic loser who can't handle being wrong because you've got a chip on your shoulder from getting bullied like the retard you are and instead of going >GEE MAYBE DEY GOTZ POINT, you shit on everything little like the insecure fuckwit you are.

you trying to subvert the point I was making by not keeping the thread alive and instead interjecting your scorned "haha I wuz rite xd" drama has done nothing but hammer into me my mistake of ever thinking that you could be a reasonable person and that maybe your drama could have been a over exaggerated mess by a third party, every single post you make shows just how deserved your bulling is. also I like how you keep on pulling these things out of the air and trying to make it my intentions btw that's also what a person with a chip on their shoulder does think up simple shit assume it's correct based upon their own world view and then splurge it out like you think you've figured everything out, patting your self on the back comes optional though.

I forgot I even had this one.

gitgud detected

This latest political bullshit in recent years have ruined star trek for me.

Don't even look at the new tv series. It is explicitly anti-white nationalist. I mean that literally, they used it as a selling point.
Also the Klingons look like aardvarks. The whole show is a bastardised mess primed for cancellation.

I've heard it from actual trekkies that they made Klingons the stand in for Trump supporters. Some sentence they utter in clingon that was almost MAGA, but for the universe it's in.

It's almost like that episode of Doctor Who where an alien race arrives and says they are going to conquer us but only if we let them, and for some reason not only is the Doctor the only person that says "Let's not", everyone else acts like it's inevitable and pretty selfish not to.
Then someone established a few comparisons with the muslims and now that whole episode doesn't make any sense.

I tell you, the scariest thing of SJWs and every other similar faggot is their moral compass. You look at anything they write and you fear for everyone, even for them.

Only pity and disgust. Cutting this off before I rant, nit the place for it.

Get in here niggers.

Right, I was gonna write an angry rant mocking you for being a no-coder, but I've been watching too much gondola to be that mad anyway.
You're trying your best to keep the server going. Wether or not you succeed, your effort is still commendable, I guess. I tried to advise you the best I could but in the end it's still not my server and I'm sure things will work out as long as you still give a damn about it, anyway.
If they don't, at least there will be this.

Apologies for the shitty quality, I do need to get better recording software and I'm in the middle of upscaling some models as well as redo the human body to accomodate my inventory system (it's limb based, not hardcoded).

You can see the camera moving around, it just takes scrolling the mouse to zoom in\out or holding the MMB and moving the mouse around to move the camera too. The idea here is to make it top down, no longer FPS for several reasons (performance and roleplaying, immersion isn't worth losing those two).
Walls actually lower down if they'd block the camera, save for a few, there are pillars inbetween walls and different types too.

Something that's more impressive but not seen in the video is that I've managed to finish the chemical simulation some time ago, actually.
I say chemical instead of ATMOS because it doesn't simulate just an atmosphere of a few hardcoded gases; literally any type of chem can exist in either of the 3 states (and I'm planning the 4th too) and is traded around as well as heat too.
So yes, you can have an atmosphere that's 60% LSD and 40% Nutriment.
And yes, I've managed to make liquid simulation as well, including proper fluid mechanics when trading between tiles and interacting with gases for that autistic detail, so you can indeed drown in beer or drop assistants in polytrinic acid vats.
Also suction by gases but that's standard.

There's a propotype for the electrical network (from which the pipe network will be mostly copied) but that's not as interesting, there's also the inventory system that depends on what limbs you have, so you can decapitate someone and his hat is still on the severed head but also so things inside pockets stay inside the article of clothing with said pockets, etc.
Just gotta finish an actual human model that doesn't deform horribly when animating so there's something else to see roaming the station.

that looks like trash and it's funny to me that you think I have anything to do with the server anymore

Nnnnice. Don't mean to sound the pessimist but why do you think your attempt will succeed where every other attempt to migrate from the byond client has myseriously failed?

You and every other attempt I have seen have missed the Gesamtkunstwerk, the "total art style". SS13 developed its own naturally by degrees, so it is hard to make a comparison there. I suppose Japanese or Polish games are a better comparison, where you have to think from the very first step what it should feel like when interacting.
You may make it pretty, but what if it should be ugly? You may make it streamlined, what if it is missing jenk? You trim the ambition of your system, but the coda is what leads to the best modifications years later.

Look at this scene. It has always stuck in my mind. A one to one with what was going on on the set, entirely in its own style. The characters are finger puppet symbols of themselves. There lies the key. You need to make the symbol of a space station, the composite idea of interacting with one. The electronics found in Alien Isolation reminded me heavily of SS13 menu bullshit, in a good way. Stuff like that feels corporate space station'y, obtuse, cheap, lowest bidder contract, inferior materials, etc.

You need to make the aesthetic that is inseparable from the mechanics. The rest should easily follow as it has in our 2d autism simulator.

The biggest argument would be sheer autism and stubborness, really. I've been going at it for several years now and still haven't given up.

The second is that instead of being a fukken moron that starts doing guns, armor and walking around, I began tackling the hardest parts of it, the multiplayer, atmos, electrical part, construction, etc. Everything else is content dumped on top of it, so if I can do the base, I can certainly finish the rest.

This does have the side effect that it takes a fuck load of time to get anything done. I could have just made humans and an hardcoded inventory\body, but since I want alien races that aren't humanoid in shape and genetics\robotics to heavily change your body, then I need an entire framework for limbs and organs so just about anything can be created with it.

I see your point, especially since I'm a fan of claymation, for instance. However this shit is quite hard considering I'm no artist, plus my crippling autism forces me to rely on geometric shapes and loads of symetry for world representation.

I suppose I shouldn't worry so much about making realistic looking people, iconic would be far better and as long as the style is consistent, it will look good anyway. Thanks for the critique.

Time for ball of arms man.

Song sauce?

Dunno, but it's the same as one of the Holla Forums bumpers.

Technically, that would indeed be possible and you'd be able to hold one item in every hand (though you'd only be able to use 2 at a time and you'd need switching around).
You'd also still need legs and feet if you don't want to crawl and more limbs means more hunger to sustain yourself.
Something this crazy would be possible but stupid, something like Sheeva however would be much more likely.

Makes the idea kind of pointless to be honest. If you can't use six welders to instafix a mech, or six flamethrowers to turn a ling to ash, or six instruments to play god damn Protomen songs in full, then it's not even worth the extra inventory positions.

See those 2 little hand icons on the video? Those correspond to your 2 mouse buttons and you use whatever is on them when you click.
Not shown in the video, when you open your inventory there's actually 3 rows of those buttons for any extra limbs you have for a total of 3 "loadouts". You can quickly change between them by tapping a button.
Also not shown is the actual inventory on the top screen showing you every single limb and button you have for them, even unassigned ones.
You'll be able to drag any limb that has a "gripper" (something that can grab things) down to the six lower buttons, changing what you have in those lots at will.

Failing that, you can always grab things with the same limb and then "equip" them in any spare limb you have hanging about, effectively carrying as many things as you have hands without using backpacks or belts, better than regular humans that can only carry 2 items. Now imagine if you put backpacks into every extra hand, you'll be a walking warehouse.
But the combined weight will crush your speed so you better have buff arms

You'll be able to control just about any limbs you have equipped, it'll just not be very practical past 6 grippers.

Exosuit nuclear reactor is shit. Not only does it irradiate you inside, it gives paltry amounts of power. Why is it a thing? This is the type of mech power that should be on a penal colony.

Did you try to use Internals for the mech? Otherwise you aren't isolated from the exterior and you'll be irradiated anyway.
It's possible you'll still get irradiated even this though since A) radiation doesn't work like that B) I seriously doubt the guy who coded that remenbered that stuff.

blame the fucker who nerfed power cells tb

I was in chief engineer's hardsuit. Even outside, several spaces away, it gives off enough to give me warm clothes warnings.
I suppose it has one use, it's good to jumpstart mechs off grid.

Learned something else. Fully filled plasma tanks for the radiation power collectors at the singularity will last about twenty four hours real time.

You mean they have lower capacity or you're talking about the "you didn't nuff research, so here's faulty cells, have fun"?
The first one is an easy fix, just edit the cells capacity.
The second one would require RnD to be more than just "dump all this shit in this machine for meme guns"

It probably re-uses basic radiation code without any exception. As long as it can see you (and you're on the same tile it is, so it can) it will try to radiate you.

Yeah, that's why it's such a big point to supercharge them before inserting them on the collectors. As long as nobody tampers with the Singularity, you don't have to do squat anymore to get power instead of the default 30 minutes you get.

Should any admins get on, please for the love of god spawn a meteor event and see if my eight hours of autism works. I finally got a 1.0 placed.

faulty cells and you can't replace them in the field. how did he think to just "fix" them without "fixing" everything else on them

I die internally for TWO WEEKS due to a lack of internet service and the thread devolves into shitposting, kyrion and his brother being unable to stop responding to every provocative post AGAIN GET A FUCKING PROXY ALREADY you pair of tists, nobody being able to change the fucking subject so there's something to talk about that isn't drama and the server dies.

Please someone kill me now. This is the 6th cycle i've had to deal with this shit.
This is midimin #2, will play midis on ooc in a couple hours if i still have the permissions for that
By the way, how's IUNCUS station going?

people saying the server is dead isn't helping. I at least hope that people got what I said upon the matter

Strange objects are to be feared, not tested. Holy shit that was a surprise.

Never let a strange object become active on your own hands. There's always assistants that you can use for that.

Mapfag here, it's going slow. I have the college meme which occupies a good majority of my time. It is going though, I have no plans to stop doing it by any means.

server stuck in Blob hell.
Tried to initiate vote for restart, couldn't get the vote itself opened before it timed out
Overall a good end to three days. Possibly, maybe, the meteor shield negated a meteor storm entirely. Not certain though, but despite the call no meteor damage at all.

I wonder if 8chhost will get on anytime soon. The server's in deep need of a reset or restart.

Server's restarting.

god damnit, why /vg/ can't upgrade to the SUPERIOR announcement voices is beyond me

ASS
DAY
ASS
DAY

So is this serb dead again or nah? What are the high traffic hours? High traffoc meaning more than like 12 people

Fund it.

> github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/11243
Holy shit how spooky

So it's a slime that got good?

No, it's basically an agressive land-side puffer fish, because fuck being original.
They also don't let the effect stack up because fuck having fun and mobs that can take half your screen to render.

The idea of releasing a drug that can be used to buff mobs is interesting but the way they are doing it is even more snowflake code where "buffed" will always be the same and they only care about not stacking it.
Instead of having size, health and power being variables that can be buffed independently so you can use different drugs (or even G-d forbit it, genetics) to change it, it's all gonna be this one specific thing that only does this one specific thing and nothing else.
I fucking hate this kind of autism because it's the worst kind of autism possible: the lazy one.

Gimme ideas for the thunderdome which is supposedly xenobiology, or something better. Not sure what I actually want to do with it. I suppose I could put facehugger eggs in it so that the science department can sacrifice the janitor for extreme slime deathmatch.

I dunno. I could just make it one big slime ranch so that breeding and separating and not getting glommed is a nightmare.

Forgot pic and forgive the spacing, didn't intend for it to come out like that. Saging for my double post. :s

Fuck /tg/ the point of SS13 is how emergent and bizzare things can get and how much FUN can be had in a round, every new feature these faggots try to create comes autism pre-washed to ensure absolutely nothing ever gets out of hand

Alright so I've actually decided to do Dr. Church's Labyrinth.. I got the idea shortly after I posted. I figure I'll have a couple pens for slimes, maybe two or three, but definitely not six. Labyrinth'll be great since if there's a power outage the ayys can easily escape, but otherwise can't.

Calm the fuck down, the focus is the giant creature, not the "buff" code. You can scrap that out if you want.

Could do actual Slime Rancher stuff, pens made out of shield generators.
Not sure if live Xenomorph capture is possible that way. How broken is acid spitting? Can it hit things behind shield walls? Need to test that.
Rather than a crematorium button have field emitters criss cross. I think they vaporize three spaces across on startup.

Problem with aliens isn't acid/neurotoxspitting, it gets stopped by even glass. It's acid/corrosive which makes them gurgle a mess over whatever they can right-click onto that is adyacent to them regardless of blockades or walls, as long as it's directly next to them in a cardinal or diagonal direction. They can melt through eshields if they are in the standard box formation instead of an intersecting one, which obviously requires 4 more shield gens and it's not viable to upkeep without good power generation. It's also completely impossible for them to escape a room with only R.Walls because they are acidproof but this station clearly does not have such super-expensive things.

This is what I was thinking of for the bulk of xenobio, can shove some slime pens a bit north- The xeno larva would be forced by the conveyor into the entrance room which is blocked by shielding, (trying to be similar to the design in Alien), and the larva can use the ladder to go to the second Z level WHICH has a big hueg maze to get lost in. There'd be cameras but also places to hide. Basically once you put a xeno in it, you throw them monkeys or crew members (if an antag), or even KO'd russians and observe them. Toss in an ED bot (if it auto aggros them) once they get organized… you know… actual science based on observation…
What is needed is a good way to KO the xeno so you can table and study them, maybe live dissection.

Speaking of experimentation, why do Abductor events never happen? We got their surgery tools and their ships onna Z level, and I think it'd be fun to play as.

I think there is a minimum player requirement.

they're right though, the nu/tg/ "content" is nothing but layers shitterly stuck onto a base of "it'll do for now I'm sure it'll get changed later on 20 years later opps no"

That and an obtainable Emag would be great. Low pop with mommis would be greatly improved with full upgrades.

obtainable antag items would mean you'd need more proof then just "found a emag on him" to valid salad tbh, that being said though it would have to be hard to get

Maybe at the end of the labrynth. Like a MoMMi only away mission.

Anyone up to try and get a populated shift going?
Feels like the boards been dead this past half week or so but hopefully we can get like 12 on.

a) Labyrinth would probably be full of ayys
b) Labyrinth is separate from the maintenance maze, or rather co-opted from it since it'll be the same Z level.
c) I plan on have some kind of small syndie ship smooshed into the side of the maintenance maze. I can stick an Emag in there, but there's probably going to be a turret and a syndie NPC.
Basically the whole thing is that Dr. Church had a research facility for xenos, and there was a massive rat maze for them to run around and (try to) hide in. A lot of behavioral experiments, but he did have a secret lab where he was merging people and xenos together into a grotesque thing.
There was a pit for visual observation without cameras, and is the only way in or out of that maze. This is represented by the ladder area with the shield wall. It's also supposed to be inescapable. I figure I''ll have some chutes though for distributing prey throughout that labyrinth.

Only if the round is restarted. I already killed myself out of frustration because not only were there spiders, vines covering everything, random holes in the station, a power situation which I fixed, but then a meteors event happened.
Seriously, the random events thing needs to be rethought. I'm thinking keep the events, but it definitely needs an actual logic tree to determine what events to do or not do. Maybe I'll piddle around with an algorithm but I probably don't have the time or the will to actually code it. I hark back to what some user said:
Then add:

Already being researched. I sent a letter to the scribes and the server host said this: github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station/issues/112
Now I'd argue that shadowlings are less important than stopping the fucking events form going down but at the same time I'm not that invested.

There's already plenty of creatures on lavalands and the creature isn't the problem here. It's not very original, but whatever.

The problem is the mentality behind the "buff", which serves as the main purpose of the creature itself. You'll hunt it down specifically so you can use it's gland for shenaningans. Only you'll be limited to "one per creature" due to how Buffed will work.
Consider that there's the Goliath in the game too, that leaves behind plates you can use to reinforce a RIG suit or a Ripley. It's also one creature that drops something you can use to alter the properties of something else, and again more snowflake code that doesn't work with any other suit or mech.

The ridiculous thing here is that it's essentially changing parameters on a mob, parameteres that likely aren't well defined to begin with and instead of working on that to make a decent framework a lot of shit can work with, they'll keep doing this crap where they just stack shitcode on top of shitcode that works pretty well on it's own but nothing else.

You want it well done, here's how you do this properly:
Creatures in the asteroid\lavaland leave behind parts when they die. You can slap those parts on things to directly change a specific var on them like defense, mellee power, speed and in the case of mobs agressiveness or even installing new organs.
The more you buff a stat, the more parts you need to buff it further. Now you have a softcap that you can still beat if you want, keeping things sorta balanced without hardcoding restrictions.

Then you get other departments interacting with this. Genetics can clone those parts\organs, research can learn from them, Chemistry can distill chemicals from them, and all of these can then create the same parts but with a stronger effect.

Or instead, you can do it the /tg/way:
You'll code in a minor thing that has some minor inpractical effect, performed for the first 3 weeks it's added into the game for novelty value and forgotten afterwards because it takes a ridiculous amount of effort\autism\RNG to achieve.
Meanwhile in the same server, chemistry is allowed to brew station-wrecking grenades, lube foam grenades, death patches that kill one person in 6 seconds, memesprays and a lot of other shit right from the start with no restrictions or RNG.

Xenobio beginning to take shape. That odd hallway bit to the right that's blocked off would be where SCP lab gets added if/when we get that into the codebase.

I had a idea to fuck with xenobiology. Why don't you make a alternating dumpster? It would require newcode, but Its basically a pipe that can shoot junk either to its left or right, alternating based on its last shot.
It normally wouldn't be a problem, but I feel as if something amusing will happen. Maybe the disposals cooldown will enrage someone?

Dunno. I kind of want a good way to separate ayy larva from bursted body so the corpse can be recovered for autopsy. Dunno if it would have any crunch but dissecting bodies for fluff would be fun.
How exactly would alternating disposals enrage someone? All the disposals that get rid of trash just fling it outside the walls of the station, usually to get caught up in some nook or cranny for the space janitor to pick through.

I mean the disposals connected to the slime pens, dolt.

You see those PIPES on the pen in ?
They're disposal pipes too.

I also gave toxins a legitimate gas heating system that isn't complete shit like the one in metastation. Maybe I'll make the freezers awful but I like toxins and take pity on them for always being on fire.

That's a new level of samefagging, it's not even the same exact post like it would be if there was server fuckery about.
I know they are, but you were vague and I had just enough alcohol.

I suppose I should post a saged addendum for when my previous post actually posts that I just realized when I hit the post button that the severs are borking up so I take the samefagging remark back, and I should mention I'm still the codefag despite ID being different as I have a VPN I have to be on in order to do some college memework, so I've been doing a combination of that, mapping, and posting.

Yeah, and I wrote a post retracting my statement, as I realized this.

Who are you replying to?

ded game

Ded genre

Post was deleted. It doesn't matter, the entire thing was petty anyway.

I want to die.

Whoever was the scientist, your supermatter shard eventually destroyed the station. Congrats.

All I know is that I turned myself into a slime and fed on corgi babies until I reproduced in a couple locations. I did order the supermatter shard, but that stayed locked in it's box and didn't come out on my watch.

I'm pretty sure chemical smoke works on xenos. You could try chloral smoke.

If any chemical works on xenos through smoke, it'd be better to use a mixture of 2/2/1 sulfonal, for it's longass nonrecovery time, Morphine/Sleeptox and Chloral. I wonder, does mutetox disable them from using hivechat?

I beg of you, cut down the station wrecking events when there's fewer people on. Too many times I've woken my character to an unusable mess.

There are two general ways to play it seems. Persistence/experimentation, and against villainy. Events are a great distraction for a populated base, but round ending events for low pop. A single user can not stop bluespace limb cutting vines, or halt a high energy vortex before it eats valuable equipment. Meteor damage can be patched, but at the cost of any other activity.

No. Hive chat is treated like telepathy, much like grayy telepathy. It doesn't actually require you to be able to speak, just requires you to be conscious.

Nope. I don't really post here anymore, though I've made an exception tonight. I settled into playing over at /tg/station, though I don't really involve myself in their community beyond the occasional shift aboard Bagil.

I'm sure all the old coders love the fact that you're in their shit box they hate but can't leave because >no other server is irrelevant lol

Is it time to raid CM as various version of Jeff Nazi?

Why not? We don't exactly have people though.

delete this

My first traitor round.
Full green.
It only took no opposition at all as the admin was too busy to fuck with me.
Russian genome succ so good.

Hey guys, I have an idea on the problem of traffic on 8station. What about a dual server, like /tg/station has? i.e Sybil and Bagil, one for the normalfags, and one for the anons?

I'd like that, one private on public.
Would also give an outlet to adminbus shenanigans. Only problem is the private server would still be dead, relatively.

It could be used as a screening process for invites to the private server. The private server would be geared towards less random station ending events and lights out and more "persistence and testing", with the pubbie server being more similar to the other serbs where they have 30 minutes max before SHTF from either tators, events, or adminbus.

There is no need in any second server, as we don't have enough people to fill this one. Events should be balanced according to population. If the latest build of our codebase is on server, then we should not get any destructive events with our population.

The server has been updated to the current codebase. I was going to shill the features, but I'd rather do it in a new thread.

Using a public server as a proxy would be fun and all but it'd be an extreme waste, especially that a majority of players would simply play on the public one anyway for more pop.

So the solution is to go public and just bully furshits? I'm in favor.

Bullying furshits has always been a priority, but with going public we get swarmed by the lowest common denominator reddit and hippie rejects. All it really depends on if you want to sacrifice player quality for player quantity.

replying to this post
Continuing on, I'd think its better to regain some population on Holla Forums before selling out to the public.

I would rather have pubbies than nobody, but if you're deadset on that idea, than how would you go about getting more people from here? Just posting in this thread won't help especially if you keep sageing
Maybe we should try to have SS13 be one of those weekend game nights?

That could be fun, and easy to set up since we already have a serb. I second this idea. Found whatever gamenight thread might currently exist and made a post there.

Righto folks, a manyposter in the gamenight thread said they wanted to at some point, probably around january/february, and that we should probably remind them on >>>/radcorp/ closer to then. Here is the user's post:
I'm too busy and I'm not likely to remember to put a thread up so one of you do it, I guess. We'll get the gamenight though, which could mean a huge influx of players, and therefore a % of them becoming possible regulars.

I have a solution to the pubbie question.
Yellow crayon + gloves appear to make gloves look insulated, replace all insulated gloves with these knockoffs. Electrocute doors you want to stay closed.

There goes nine out of ten pubbies.

Will SS13 really be good for Gamenight, though?

No

SS13 is not a good game for a gamenight, honestly

It would be good for about 10 rounds or so, but not for an entire weekend. Maybe on an unofficial gamenight, but not as an actual event.

>playerbase is pure, unfiltered cancer full of griefers and powergamers who never do their fucking jobs

I wonder if there will ever come a day where multiplayer games are free from assholery.

See
Also,
Found your problem.

It's a fun station, but for the wrong reasons. They use their job much like a crowbar, it's just a tool to justify your actions if you feel like it or to build your character, but that's something you do, nobody else.
The chef will probably cook burgers if he feels like it because he thinks he's the chef. But nobody else should expect the chef to actually cook burgers because that's that player's prerogative.

You end up walking around what seems to be an empty station because nobody is at their posts, they are busy doing whatever funny shit they want to during this shift and you'll either join in as a target or you're doing the same yourself.
Do not expect any sort of roleplaying besides acknowledging your job's title and that you're not tresspassing somewhere because of it.
Everything else is up to the player himself and that results in… Well, Goonstation or /tg/station.

This is why I always find it funny when people still advocate for light\no RP in SS13 or even complain about "autistic RP" when that's what makes the game fun. You want to see real autism, you try Goonstation to see how 30+ players can play in the same server while ignoring each other like actual autists, or you join Colonial Marines (or any other combat-centric server) and see people more concerned about making spessmen go vertical than actually having fun with everyone else.

what are you, a time traveller? It's 2017.

To play a believable npc is the truest goal of all great spessmen.
Just imagine, a station where every position is filled and operated correctly, where everyone eats and shits and sleeps regularly. That is how you get the best kinds of greentext, fucking with a working system.

I'm with you man, I'm with you.

>hippie host is now a (((female)))

They fucked up really bad, even with garbage admins they averaged 80 people, now its sunk to 20-30 at best

SS13 seems interesting but these threads are the most autistic threads on Holla Forums
What the fuck is even going on here?

Discussion of multiplayer Dwarf Fortress in spess. Not-autistic was never an option.

But they are already vertical. Did you mean horizontal?

what is server pop like on the Holla Forums server?

It's oddly got mostly non-American playerbase, so I rarely am on when everyone else is.
I've seen 20 tops, but weekdays averaging 3 and an admin or two.

Only if we give people a 2 weeks notice to get familiarized with the game

But that gives them time to learn about cuban pete and his rumba beat.

That's the fun of it though, people being competent at their job increases the quality of the playerbase, or are you gona say you'd rather play with a bunch of scrubs who can't even use a single whitekit to save 20+ greyshirts from a blob invasion?

Remake this archaic-ass game in a better game engine you autistic fucks.

Yes, just pitch it to the /agdg/ guys

I fucked up, I meant horizontal indeed.

Technically, there's a lot of fun in just learning the game. Playing without knowing anything beforehand can be really fun, especially if you have more experienced players teaching you.

However the truth of the matter is that there's nothing that deep that takes so long to learn.
Most of it is learning how the RNG rolls or some burden of knowledge shit, like corner shots and "u feel a tidy brick!" stuff that you learn as you go.
Take genetics for instance, it's just turning genes "on", understanding hexadecimal numbers, how powers\disabilities trigger and what the settings in the machine does is the most complicated stuff you'll do, everything from that is fun with the powers you get, provided you can spend 15 minutes tweaking them or Science gives you a hand.

anyone else here //vg/station/?

i've spent too much time there go out in a blaze of glory like that

Why are other serbs horrible and ours is empty?

shit I mean paradise, not hippie.

Because faggotry beat out quality in terms of how many degenerates and autists it attracts.

Guys come help shill SS13 to /agdg/ so they can remake it

I wonder what happened to SS13 in Doom.

Please don't actually do this, I am fairly certain a majority of anons in /agdg/ can't stand ss13. If they did, then they'd be coding for the server :^)
Please leave those poor neets and programming students alone.

Hippie is a weird station, everyone just ignores their job and just try to make a meme round. Paradise is a awful station, it`s boring as fuck nobody do anything in fear of being banned the mods are literally autistic, I got banned for "making fun of a mod" that is to say I was sarcastic with him and he took it seriously. It really drains all the desire to play this game when the goon side of it shows up from time to time

An SS13 remake already exists.

It's called PULSAR Lost Colony.

We COULD make an effort in the form of several rounds where we just teach the new people the basics of each job and shit, it would be of mutual benefit since they learn how to play and we breath new life to HONKSTATION.

if you actually read anything in those threads, it's not ss13 they can't stand but byond tbh

pulsar is nothing like ss13 except that it takes place in space and you're on a crew

New thread