SPORE sharing thread #2

SPORE sharing thread: I don't have an idea for the name edition

Last in on page 14

Let's keep the creations going

This is a Spore sharing thread, we will be sharing our Spore creations so that others can download them and play with them in their own games.
Yes, you can even download from Sporopedia illegally, EA is fucking retarded and doing this is really easy.
All of your Spore creations are saved in "My Documents" in a folder called "My Spore Creations" all you have to do is to publish them there.
You just save the pictures and put them in the right folders, creatures in the creature folder, buildings in buildings, spaceships in UFO folder and so on and so forth.
Adventures are shared the same way, you just have to put up all of your creations that you've created for the adventure too. They won't work without them.
Try resetting your game, if it still doesn't work, maybe you need expansions to play them. There are several expansions as well as patches that add new parts.

Playing around with the creations of others and creating your own stuff is fun enough. Also adventures make it worthwile as they are like small games themselves, so you can design an interesting story with them. This thread is specifically made so that you don't have to give EA shekels for the game and can instead just play on the pirated copy.

Other urls found in this thread:

spore.com/view/myspore/mo289
spore.com/view/myspore/YadNiMonde
spore.com/view/myspore/The88
spore.com/view/myspore/Esepibe
spore.com/view/myspore/SniperMonkey
spore.com/view/myspore/Parkaboy
spore.com/view/myspore/G3NJI
spore.com/view/myspore/MichaeI88
spore.com/view/myspore/MoaBurns
spore.com/view/myspore/PBGamerhttp://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Rebecca1208
archive.is/JL6Uh
davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5092
forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/81238.page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have a frog to starts things out

Designated shitting thread?

Fixed the adventure that I was posting in the other thread a bit, added some more flavor text in places but there is not much of it, also changed the name from "It's cold" to "Hypothermia" because it sounds cooler and fits better. I'll be posting all the creatures buildings and vehicles you need in the next posts, first the creatures.

Now the vehicles There is only one of them

And now the buildings necessary

And I think that's all. If the adventure is missing a part please inform me and I'll add it into the thread.

Also, have the swamp creatures I posted in the previous thread.

Whoops, forgot to put in a screenshot for the Buzzling, here you go.

Shufflers are supposed to be creatures living mostly in swamp waters, whenever their prey is getting away though, they can come out slightly on land to catch it.

Didn't you already post these creatures in the last thread?

But why would you want to play Spore?

Some of them yes, but I did it to kick off the thread. I'll be posting new stuff now.

GONDOLAS!!! :——DDDDD

It's fun if you're into that sort of stuff.

Hive Holla Forums are a bunch of hypocritical twats. Spore isn't what they make it out to be.

Does the online portion of the game still work? I remember having trouble downloading and searching stuff when I installed the game a few years back.

I tried to make a Lovecraftian deep one.

It does, but you need to have the latest patch (1.07) and you may need to have the steam or origin version.

Anons guess what?

Didn't they closed sporepedia back in 2014-15?

Will download tomorrow.

Woops that's the wrong biologist. Remember that I post all my gondolas on /gondola/

They did, but it was to force you to have to use origin/steam. Now only good goys can use the sporepedia.

Here are some gondolas I made, but didn't use in the adventure.

wewlad space gondolas.
I hope they tolerate crab people.

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I tried it for the first time last week, enjoyed the shit out of the first two levels, then suddenly found myself in the middle of a sub-par RTS.

The mighty king fugtopus.

Why do you keep making this horrible thread? To be completely honest I think you are in some weird double-ironic reverse sarcastic hipster mental loop. Spore is not good even if you and your equally autistic friends have made gondolas in it. The game is just not fun to play. But your brains are so rotten that they think that making memes in a game is somehow fun and it should have a continuous thread. May god have mercy on your souls.

Literal autism.

STOP HAVING FUN!

Let me be perfectly clear here. I do not oppose you making Spore threads. You like making funny looking creatures in Spore, that's fine. But that was not enough for you. You also want others to notice how funny and clever your shit is. So you make a thread about it, and never stop.
I love the gondola designs, they are really great, but seriously? A continuous thread of basically same shit. Are you going to do Pepe next? or maybe some other meme?
You should stick to facebook, tumbler or devart if you want to continue doing this forever.

i personally don't mind because people playing actual videogames have a chance to drop by and see this cool OC instead of missing it after the first thread dies.
just don't keep making them too long

If you think that OP is the guy making the gondolas you're wrong.

IMO, the CC and the first two stages are the fun ones. Everything after is meh, but you can have a bit of fun in space mode.

I'm wewing so hard right now. Isn't not being able to accept someone else's opinion a sign of autism? Then again, most of the hi/v/emind is autistic. It's not just this game they have an everlasting autistic hateboner for. There are far more people that enjoy this game than those that hate it. The people who hate it are a highly vocal minority. Sorry about that. Also, the Benisguy is not the OP.

Thanks Satan. I would have had this one done sooner, but spore can be a pain in the ass to get things right sometimes. I wanted to add a lot of stuff, but I couldn't get it to work properly. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I think I might make this guy a recurring villain in my gondola adventures.

I apologize for wanting to enjoy video games, I forgot that Holla Forums is a place where all ideas of fun are disallowed and making vidya OC is a bad thing. I will cease from trying to have fun and instead will take your example and proceed to the dick-sucking section instead.

Why do people hate Spore? It is a good game.

Not really. Spore is the kind of game where you make your own fun, the game itself is very poor. If you are not able to make your own fun then it's no good. I am making gondolas to play with, and that in itself is a novelty. In addition though spore has a lot of functionality, it lacks a lot of features it should have had. For a lot of people they simply can't get past what the game should have been. It's flaws are hard to ignore.

Is this how it starts?

Does he float when you play him otside the editor?

Sort of. Creatures like that move with their body, but the body never touches the ground. Sometimes it looks like they are vibrating violently to move around. He has parts to fly though. I wish GA had added a floating part to the game.

can we get footage of that

I really need to get on making webms. I'm so lazy though, life has made me cautious of trying new things since people try to ruin everything. Here is a gaprop for building underground tunnels, and caves.

your gondola quest is one of the two reasons i visit Holla Forums

you have my full support, all of your gondola content is being saved to my gondola folder

More people like it than those that hate it. As I said here it's a highly vocal minority that hates the game. Memes aside, Holla Forums does function as a hivemind much like tumblr, and was asshurt as hell when it was released and sperged about it constantly and that spread across the internet.

Objectively speaking, Spore is far from bad. Its actually rather good and is still one of the most unique games released this decade. Calling it disappointing is valid criticism given the cut content, but anything past that is really pushing it. Stuff like "a big disappointment" and "worst game ever" are wrong. It delivered mostly what was promised.

The whole game is just a character editor. Granted there are lots of games like this (take basically any thot-fest mmo for example) but this one is also somewhat devoid of content. I'd have preferred to see it like an evolution simulator where every potential mate has different traits and it generates offspring based on the combination of you and your mate, giving you the ability to tweak things. Being able to completely redo your creature into something completely different each time you enter the editor is really weird to me. This would also make the graph at the end of each stage pretty too. It could have branches where it splits each time you have a generation and comes to an end if you die, reverting back to the last successful generation if you do.

Spore is basically missed potential: the game and what could have been will always massively overshadow what is. What we got is lackluster and boring but has room for creativity. Saying it's a good game is like saying an ad-lib book is a good story because you can do what you want with it even though without your addition of content it's missing huge chunks.

spore was the big "no man sky" back then

tried to chew too much, ended up being a sort of jack of all trades with ppl massively dissapointed/angry at the game

but its ok cause we can make gondolas

I'm too lazy to install spore and make proper screenshots, but I did make some really degenerate furshit back in the day that I'd like to share.

Look out anons! The Mastermind has sent his minions to destroy Gondolore.

No, it's so much worse than that. It had a lot of stuff complete like the water stage but was removed because their publisher said so. It was deliberately gutted, not tried and failed.

stuff was gutted cause the publisher was bleeding money in and out, they had to literally cauterize the non-fully working parts and ship it out before it exploded in their hands

Amazingly, Will Wright pushed for this butchering, and even contributed to it. He actually wanted the game to be casualized to an extent to appeal to a wider audience. This is really nothing new considering that he did make the most casual game series ever and EA publishes these games. EA also did their part, but even that is exaggerated. Still, the damage EA did to studios during this period is absolutely unacceptable. Spore got the middle sized straw and could've been much worse.

They started stripping alot of the content in late 2006. Willosaur parts, aquatic stage, gore, other editors etc. 2007 Spore is almost identical to what we have today. The most noticeable differences is the HUD and UI.

Cute.

In process of creating another, this time a comedy adventure. It's for now named Good vs Evil.

Requesting sleeky/beautiful mech walkers/mecha "spaceships"
I wish I could post something from my collections, but they were wiped out a long time ago

Noice, can't wait.

Will this do? The Mastermind has sent out the big guns.

What do you think you are doing you dumbfuck

He's the mastermind. He's crazy enough to add arms to it.

Thats not a good excuse
If you must have arms make them look like feet at least.

By that logic I shouldn't add wheels because gondolas don't have wheels.

Wheels can be an analogue for feet though.

Ignore him. It looks excellent

Think of it like this:
Lots of things humans make are made to be used with human hands. Our tools match our physiology
If you had a species that only had legs, if they were to invent an arms like equilicant it would be based on their legs.

Oh stop it you.

Then why did doctor octopus develop a bunch of metal tentacle arms?

The work on adventure continues… *cough*

Naughty..

He was a closet furry obviously
What are the Gondola's emulating to give them arms, and why are they emulating it?

Assuming you are just joking around. The Mastermind has been halfway across the galaxy plotting his revenge against the gondola people. He will bring a plethora of devious machines, and monsters with him.

Scratch what I said before, he need more arms

Good news everyone! I have almost finished the "Good guys" area at least buildingwise. And to hammer in the point that they are the "good guys" I gave their ground the most eyebleedingly obnoxious color of green I could find.

Looking good.

One of the most powerful robots the Mastermind has constructed.

This is supposed to be a creature that is inside a vehicle, but has animations unlike other vehicles since it's a creature.

Look out anons, he's going to grab all your rare gondolas.

I can't be assed to post my own shit, but here's a list of creators I like

spore.com/view/myspore/mo289
spore.com/view/myspore/YadNiMonde
spore.com/view/myspore/The88
spore.com/view/myspore/Esepibe
spore.com/view/myspore/SniperMonkey
spore.com/view/myspore/Parkaboy
spore.com/view/myspore/G3NJI
spore.com/view/myspore/MichaeI88
spore.com/view/myspore/MoaBurns
spore.com/view/myspore/PBGamerhttp://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Rebecca1208

hope you anons enjoy. There's also a lot of cool stuff on youtube with people making impressive shit

Well thanks for archiving who ever did that. We should probably keep these in the OP when we make them.
archive.is/JL6Uh

Actually, how often should they be made? Do we just go and make another thread every time a share thread hits page 13? Or do we do it more scarcely?

I guess it will depend on OP. We'll probably just follow the 13 rule for now, and make them as we can. Here is the shield generator used by the evil Mastermind to protect his base of evil.

you posted this on halfchan didn't you? I remember in that other spore thread a month or so ago

Whenever they hit bump limit or near that, and when one gets archived.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN MY ADVENTURE, HIS NAME IS BLOODEDGE THE MOONSLAYER NINJA. HE WAS FIGHTING FOR THE GOOD FACTION IN THE PAST, BUT HE FOUND THE GREAT SOURCE OF EVIL TECHNO-POWER AND TOOK CONTROL OVER IT GROWING TWO MECHANICAL WINGS BECOMING THE FINAL UNKILLABLE LIFEFORM. THE GOOD FACTION BECAME AFRAID OF HIM AND WENT TO BATTEL WITH HIM WHERE HE WON BUT HE LOST ONE OF HIS WINGS BUT THAT ONLY MADE HIM MORE POWERFUL BECAUSE HE USED THE CONSTANT PAIN OF LOSING THE WING TO INCREASE HIS POWER. THE SCARS ON HIS BODY ARE FROM ALL HIS BATTLES WITH GOOD AND HIS ONLY WISH IS TO SPREAD PAIN AND SUFFRING ALL OVER THE PLANTE. HE IS THE MOST POWERFUL FIGHTER IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. HE WEARS THE SKULL OF DAVID, BECAUSE HE'S EVIL BUT HE WAS BULLIED AS A KID AND HE KILLS ALL THE BULIES AND ESPECIALY DAVID, FUC YOU DAVID.

yes

I actually wish Spore had better combat, I imagine a system where instead of the system we have, creature parts would function as loot with their own statistics and shit. And you could get this loot by either killing creatures or befriending them as in the original game. But there would be many different parts with many different skills though you could choose only 4 of them. The thing is parts wouldn't be equal to each other, there wouldn't be "levels" of skills like punch but instead their damage would be decided by their stats. Later on technological parts could work the same way.

I wish there were some good mods for spore or an effort to create another game like it. As much as I'm having fun with you guys I'm still sad over the older version.

It's weird, I try to put the adventure in the folder and although all the other creations are showing up in my game, this one doesn't for some reason. Anyone knows why?

Did you download the PNG, and put them in the correct folders?

I think so, I put all the creatures in the correct folders. I'll try to check it, but at least most of them are showing up, the adventure isn't showing up in the editor though.

That's odd. It should show up even if you have no creations for it. You put the adventure PNG in the adventure folder correct? Also the phonebooth is a vehicle prop.

I missed one piece but I downloaded it as well as putting phone booth into the right folder.

Still nothing, yeah, it's in the adventure folder but for some reason it doesn't work.

Try this one, if that doesn't work I don't know. Try looking in the everything tab right above the maxis tab in your sporepedia.

Still nothing, what's also weird is that I removed one of the adventures from the "adventures" folder and it still was avalible in the game. Maybe rebooting my computer will work.

You have to close spore every time, or new creations will not show up.

But I did reboot Spore a few times already.

You've made a captain, and gone through the adventure town right?

I remember an user having similar problems with my Hypothermia in the other thread, if you're still here, can you tell us how you fixed it?

It would be weird if that was the problem as I was able to download your other adventure with no problem but I'll try it. I was able to access editor by going into Adventure Town and quitting it

Nope, doesn't work it must be something else.

Try this one then. If this doesn't work I can't imagine what it is. Unless you have a different version of spore. I think mine is 1.5.

I'm using a higher version of Spore so that can't be it.

What I find interesting is that adventures simply do not disappear after you delete them from the folder. They must be saved somewhere else as well. Weird.

What version? Mine is GoG. You might have the retail, origin, or steam.

I think mine's retail actually, but the problem is that it still wouldn't make sense. Remember man, I already downloaded and played your previous adventure.

I'll try this: I'll try deleting your previous adventure and putting in this, maybe this will work.

Shit I don't know then. The adventure you downloaded was this one?

WAIT, IT SHOWED UP, IT JUST RANDOMLY SHOWED UP IN THE FOLDER.

It tells me that some of the creations were "blocked". The same problem that the previous user had.

I had that problem with yours actually. It happened after I deleted your creations, and then redownloaded them. Try getting them back, maybe after a while they will appear to.

Ok, I get it now. Sorry to bother you with my semi-aggressive "maybe this thread is more suitable to some other platform like maybe Holla Forums" - posts.

But here's the deal: Spore is a mediocre game with a fun creature editor. And the creature editor has very little to do with the game. See Master of Orion: You can design own spaceships, and your designs are a significant factor of gameplay, how godly your ship design is, is one of the most important things to succeed in the game. But making stuff in the creature editor has no real impact in game, it's mostly cosmetic facebook tier sharing shit. I still love the gondolas, holy fuck dude, those are great.

My point is that sharing Spore designs here is like: sharing tweets here playing Superbrothers-games, or sharing Zachtronics-designs, but not playing the game, or posting worldseeds/pics while not discussing the actual act of playing minecraft.

I think just making memes in an editor is not enough to warrant a continuous thread, but that is just me.

TL;DR Gray area stuff, but I smell a bunch of underage Holla Forums posters forming a cancerous meme pustule in Holla Forums.

Oh wait I have the steam version now when I look at it. I'll try to look for a better solution to this problem if possible.

Okay I found what people are saying is a fix. They're saying that you should delete a file called "Pollination.package" from your Spore appdata folder if you have that problem. I'll try that now.

Adventures are fun enough to warrant playing the games, creating small stories and playing through them is the biggest appeal about this thread I think. And just sharing your content with others is fun, no matter what it is.

*in your opinion

Tell that to all the casuals and critics. Our opinions mean jack shit and we can't say they are facts when they're not. The game got great review scores and casuals ate it up and the vast majority loves it. Slavs, spics whatever. We are objectively wrong because of this.

I was also having trouble getting Gondola Quest to work and this fixed it, thanks user.

It doesn't work, it's telling me that the adventure is simply too complex, and only the last adventure file actually even shows up. Weird.

Try moving your appdata spore folder to the desktop. The game will create a new one on launch and it may fix your problem. The appdata spore folder has your creatures and saves so don't delete it.

Nope, doesn't work.

Maybe it's the robot parts that are getting me fucked over. They were already installed with the version I had so it's very possible that it might be the problem. I still believe that we should add this info into the OP as it worked for this user

Also, anyone figured out how to remove complexity limit yet?

I agree. I'll stop this nonsensical resistance to these threads. It's a popular vote anyhow, so my views don't count if everyone else thinks it all good.

It actually is a pretty fun game, maybe 5/10. But it has zero replay value, and it tricks you to think that any of you three choices of progression matters not unlike ME3. I'll say it once again: Great potential wasted by too strict deadlines and too grand promises.

The space part of the game was a real let down. You wander around the galaxy with your "Exterminatos9000-space-oppressor-machine" oppressing everything, and nothing happens. Endgame is just WTF?:ing around the galaxy, doing what I would call "fetch quests".

There's an unlimited adventure complexity mod here:
davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5092 Give it a go. Maybe the gondola guy has that installed?

Here is my last effort. It's a less complex one, with quite a few superfluous details removed. Try this one, and see if it will let you play. If the complexity is an issue then then I need to keep that in mind. The old version was right at the limit.

Hey guys, I just removed some rocks from the adventure and now it works!

Well there you go. I guess I shouldn't ride the complexity limit so hard. Fucking maxis.

Should I be lost wandering the desert looking for someone to talk to? Or is something still fucked?

I think we'll add that to recommended mods for the next OP.

Should I be lost wandering the desert looking for someone to talk to? Or is something still fucked?

HOLY SHIT GUYS

I think I've found the problem, it's the inter-galactic phonebooth that's fucked for some reason

Really sorry for this, it seems that my internet connection was fucky.

Also as I said, if the message I've sent didn't reach, then it seems that the Intergalactic phone booth is the problem for some reason.

Fixed that for you. Yes the first part is the most difficult to find. I wanted to make a big adventure of just exploring.

How so? Is it refusing to use it?

Now you're just being unreasonable user. 5/10 usually means little to no fun. 6.5/10 would've been more appropriate. Again, casuals and critics like this game and the majority does too. We can't factually call it shit. Opinions aren't facts.

It doesn't even show in the game.

This one has a different phone booth now, and it has a gondola face.

Here is a nice wall for making caves.

That is fucking art.

I love it.

Now I just need to make a couple more pieces.

I'm definitely getting better.

Here is the arch for the cave.

Here is a platform for caverns, and such.

Just letting you guys know what I am up to.

Still building the set pieces. Hopefully will have it done this weekend.

Changed up the colors a bit. Here are some cavern decorations.

I am running into some real issues with the game not applying the textures to some of my cave walls. I guess it's a problem with the games optimization, it will constantly fail to apply the texture to a building even if you look right at it. I'll have to find a solution.

Have you tried the ultra graphics config file fix? If you have a shit pc, don't worry about it.

I have not. Do you mean just tweaking the file, or downloading a fix? I definitely don't have a toaster so my PC can take it.

Let me show exactly what I am looking at. At certain points the game is applying poor textures, or no textures. It seems the game is unable to actually tell what it should be applying textures to in a crowded environment.

Yup. You need to do the ultra config fix. forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/81238.page Don't download the config in the op. Do what rob55rod says.
If it still looks bad, you can also use the highrestexture cheat.

Thanks I'll try that. I already have all my setting at ultra, I don't know why it would display this way.

This looks quite good. I wish I was able to do insides just as well as you user.

Everything I learned was from ryuujin, and grimbot. Grimbot was the original guy who put together buildings in this way. I'm not entirely happy with the results though. I might end up starting from scratch, but I will probably share what I have so others can use the parts, or learn how to make them.

Hey anons I have hit a bit of a snag as far as making the caves go. I am not really happy with how it is being put together, and will probably remake it from the ground up. It's not a huge setback, but it does mean I will take a lot longer now. Here are the pieces I made in case anybody wants to use them for their own stuff.

I was too busy to play Spore for the last couple of days but when I make something more then I'll post it. Haven't been working on that adventure, but I still plan to finish it.

Bumping to save this thread. Have a gondola.

Update for my adventure, Running pretty far behind, but I am making progress. Probably will post a short adventure just to keep the thread up.

Tribal canoe, and gondolier are vehicles. Many of these buildings are also not mine.

Here is the adventure. Gondolized of course.

Sorry for taking so long with this one. I just have not been able to figure out exactly how I want to do the tunnels, but I am making progress. I'll be it slowly.

I read "At the Mountains of Madness" last night.

Had to correct an issue with the tentacles.

I set up some props to show off the gondola mushrooms I've made for my caves. There is nothing else around them though at this point.

Woops meant to share the creature to. It's another one to be used with the shield wall glitch. Also there seems to be a problem on /gondola/, a bunch of posts have disappeared.

This one almost seems like fate. The little mushrooms formed perfect eights.

This looks much better.

Anons guess what? You know that really cool adventure I was telling you about? Well I tried to share it before, but couldn't and now I know why. Because FUGGIN spore one of the parts was not saved to my sporepedia correctly. It was just a matter of putting the part back in, and resharing. Now you guys can have it to, I'll share it in a minute.

Here's the first batch.

He who lurks is a creature, and the rest are vehicles.

Hunter killers, and super bike are vehicles. Valkyrie, and road pylon go in your UFO/spaceship folder. All the other creations will be buildings at this point.

And finally "Whom God's destroy" goes in your adventure folder. I left it open so we can bring our gondolas, or whatever else.

It's too perfect.

New gondola for my adventure.

On a scale of mother theresa to pineapple on a pizza how heretical is this?

I think I have an idea for a new adventure after gondola quest 2. I think I'll call it A Fug's Life.

Cool creature

Not dead… yet.

Here we have an excavated gondolian tomb that dates back to the rule of Varaoh Ramzeez the Third. Ramzeez was well known for his large public works projects, and big benis which rival the buildings, and benises of today. Notice the gondolian bust above the tomb entrance. It depicts what might have been a lesser known figure, we know this because the special headdress worn by the statue was only for gondolian royalty. It is unlikely this tomb was for Ramzeez himself because it's just too small. Gondolians in ancient times practiced the old ways, and rarely communicated verbally. They preferred to use hieroglyphics such as the ones that are displayed on the tombs walls.

It's happened all over infinity. I feel your pain. I can try reposting them, but it's an awful lot.

OH MY GOD IT KILLED THE ADVENTURE I JUST SHARED TO! Fucking codemonkey!

Sadly this gondola's adventures didn't end well for him.

I'll repost the stuff tomorrow probably. Blame codemonkey. This is all his fault.

Okay made you wait long enough. Retoasting gondolized "Life and Times of a Sea Monster. missing creations.

And this should be the gondolized version.

Here some 404 pics, and the gondola biologist for gondola quest.

Some of these creations have been changed slightly since I posted them.

Woops forgot to put the intergalactic phone booth back to.

Still working on set pieces.

Sure is a lot of biodiversity in the gondola genus