EDF THREAD: TGS 2017 REPORT

EDF 5 release date: December 7th 2017

NEW EDF SPIN-OFF, EDF: IRON RAIN
Why is noone talking about this? really caught me by surprise

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9bVq6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gameplay demo, it use Unreal engine and it looks really awesome. While the main series have that campy B movies feel, Iron Rain have that big budget hollywood movie. There a lack of fencer class though but we have 2 female class, dunno what the other one suppose to be. I might be wrong though because I dont speak japanese, not sure if its a class selection screen or loadout screen at the begining.

Because all of it is on the countless TGS threads we had.
Also, Iron Rain looks like fucking garbage and even IA looks better.

Werid spin off.

Shove it up your ass OP, this game looks like hot garbage and the money going towards its developent could have gone to bringing more content to EDF 5.

IA unironically looks better than this, from the art to the gameplay design that was somewhat close to the originals.

better at pozzing your neghole maybe.

Its certainly better than this fucking shit
Please go suck yellow microdick somewwhere else

Iron Rain gives off Starship Trooper vibes.

The shitty animated ones, yeah.

EDF in SPACE when?

I wonder what those blue crystal pickups are supposed to be, maybe the credits for calling stuff in? Or maybe just credits in general for buying weapons/armor instead of getting drops? I dont see anything else dropping.

Also
Awesome. What was the giant walker at the end, like was it a robot or a bug do you think?

archive.is/9bVq6

I like how it looks so far. Reminds me of Lost Planet with its visuals. The way guts spray from the enemies, the lighting and smoke effects of the RPG, and some of the fast movement of enemies.

That dash is a pretty nice feature too. I wonder how consistently you'll be able to do it. Enemies look pretty aggressive and they actually crawl over each other now instead of just corpses. Hopefully it turns out well.

I'm hyped for it

that always works out so well doesn't it?

uwotm8?

How retarded are you?

So exactly how much of the human population is there left to lose at this point? Not to mention how do they still have standing cities?

Not all EDFs are connected. I believe only a few are actually connected to each other.

Letting another dev handle the spinoff means they are spending zero resources from the main series on this.
So what's the problem exactly?

My blood pressure rises as I realize all the games I've always wanted are being announced directly after I enlisted for a 5 year contract.

The prblem is that it is wasting resources that could have gone to 5 and that it looks like fucking garbage

How is this the game you've always wanted?

You're assuming too much. When you lend an IP you're more likely to make -some- money without nearly as much risk as you would putting more money toward a game of your own. You don't know the finance of the company, you can't make a full game with two bucks, they might be hoarding some money to assists EDF5 development.
Now stop being a retard and a whinny faggot.

The sense of comraderie in EDF games always pumps me up. Hell even in that wingdiver game one of its selling points is that you see rangers/fencers/air raiders fighting in the background.

EDF have 2 series at this point, the mainline which is numbered (they only do this recently) EDF 5, and the spin off EDF:[subtitles]. Both of these are not connected and while the gameplay may look identical, the mechanic are very different.

any news on pc version?

EDF 5 doesn't even have a western release yet and they already announce a new game. So its gonna be a long time before PC release is announce

D3 live event, they're showing EDF 5

You sound like a fucking redditor get a thicker skin newfaggot

Fair enough, the gameplay still looks like shit though, and a step below the mainline games and even IA.

I love this girls outfit

Nice combo right there. Trying too hard to fit in though.

Looking good. Is it an updated version of their own engine or UE4 too?

Sex sells user, that's how you get peoples attention from boring ass conference

Ýou're the reason cuckchan is as bad as it is today, I shilled EDF 4 before we even had threads about it and as sure as well will criticize it when they fuck up.

I never-ever at any given point on this thread made a comment about the quality of the spin off or anything of the like, much less attempted to defend it.
You really need to stop trying so hard to fit in, is embarrassing.

Her nipples are getting absurdly hard though, hard to stay focused on games

It must just be cold, that fabric looks like plastic and her legs are slender and toned.

Anyone else watching the stream?

Apparently Wing Divers get Shmup segments.

No this is a different spinoff game.

Then my point still stands, even if the funds aren't being funneled somewhere else, which they are because the game is being published by D3 and thus at the very least the marketing is costing them money, the game still looks like shit.

Different game

RIP Balam, they replace it with gay yellow robot with very simplistic design

I thought that was a separate game.

Iron Rain looks nice, but I'm getting a little bit of an Insect Armageddon vibe from it. It might be unfounded since it's still being made by a Japanese dev.

What gets me is that they had a class that's a mix of a fencer and ranger.

its insect armageddon all over again

a boring grim dark 2seroius take on something that is mimicking the style of the 60s scifi alien invader films.

I bet there won't even be singing

TGS > E3 >>>>> Gamescom

Always

That's the idea of a spin-off, the mainline is for campy shooter while Iron Rain is for grim dark serious shooter. The monster doesn't look half bad though and look very menacing

Its a different game you retard
Its a SHMUP starring a Wing Diver, not ED5 with SHMUP segments.
Stop trying to discredit me you sack of shit

Not even singing could save this scaled down mediocrity.

Yeah, I'm kinda digging it. I always really like when sidestories or major context jumps aren't afraid to play with the art style to get a different feel from game to game. Each of the Megaman subfranchises, for example.

t. 4.1 on Steam is my first EDF.

Reddit strikes again

I don't mind the gritiness
Its the gameplay that looks really fucking mediocre along with the scaled down maps with shit design
Looks even worse than IA

shit wrong video, thats the actual good one

The world seems a lot bigger though, maybe because the camera are closer to the player. And your character no longer at the center of the screen, but slightly to the left, probably because they need to compensate the bigger character model to avoid blocking the screen. That giant bug look intimidating as fuck, I dont want to be anywhere near that thing.

kill me

i'm sure 4.1 sold enough on PC to warrent a release of 5

Maybe they're waiting for the english version to be released before producing a PC port.

if i may go off topic.

i find it strange i have not seen city shrouded in shadow discussed at all on Holla Forums

can we get excited and then depressed when we realise this game will never ever see a western release

about 150k. expect a delayed port.

Looks like licensing would be a bit of a nightmare for a western release.

That's the wrong reason. Get excited then depressed because it's published by Bamco. Half the game will probably be cut to be sold in a 3 part DLC plan at $30 a pop.

EDF!

Xseed manage to localize Akiba Strip with all the licensed stuff, but the licensed in that game are very niche. City Shrouded in Shadown got some mainstream stuff that may already have a western distribution deal. For the right to godzilla, they need permission from Legendary studio since they kinda owned it..

1 year after western localization, which is 3 years after the japanese release. Fuck me

This is weird, D3 is publishing company not game studio but also owned by Bamco. How does that work? 2 publisher owned by the same company

That might have been because it was the first PC release D3 had carried out themselves, so there was
1) A time in which they weren't actively following the demand for a PC version
2) Getting used to putting out a game for PC

Hopefully the gap will be shorter now.

do i have to have friends to enjoy EDF?
is EDF unplayable without friends? some multiplayer-focused games make progression in solo completely impossible.

You don't but its a very grindy game focused on collecting item to gain more weapons and HP.

It works fairly fine unless you're bad at things, won't be quite the same variety of mayhem but it's still enjoyable. The AI soldiers are fairly basic but tend to get enough done you won't get entirely overwhelmed.

Wait
TWO
EDF games next year?

None of it have confirmed release date on the west. EDF 5 will be release December 2017 in japan, EDF:Iron Rain will be release somewhere 2018. So maybe the west will be getting EDF 5 late 2018 and Iron Rain 2019. There's also a wing diver SHUMP game but its not really EDF

what's the third?

EDF 5

EDF: Iron Rain

EDF 4.1:Wingdiver The Shooter

THREEEE

Looks like it'll be better than IA, though that isn't a very high bar to pass. I like the design of the new giant robot.

I played through IA, so don't give me that crap. It's got 15 missions total, paltry enemy variety, "gritty" artstyle, and a stupid as fuck leveling system. The fact that Iron Rain has some color to it, is already close to IA in amount of different enemies just on the reveal trailer, and doesn't require you to place c4 charges on the insect nest to blow it up already blows IA out of the water.

I just want EDF to be good! Fuck!