Umihara Kawase Switch

Where were you when the Switch got its killer app?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypBcHsG1Ojg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 it's just a port

Big fucking deal

Would it kill you to not make it sound like a template thread?

Anyway the switch finally has another game that has me interested. Maybe I'll pick one up used when it's near the end of its lifespan.

It says "new entry in the series"

Sorry, we both know that's the only way to get discussion nowadays.

It better be called Okaeri Umihara Kawase.

What the hell is with Switch actually getting games all of a sudden?

I am always willing to git gud, but shit like this is just demoralizing.

It's actually selling in Japan.

I'm seriously buying a switch the month it launches despite knowing it will get a PC port eventually.
I need to compete with jap autists for the leaderboards like I did when Sayonara launched in japan.

Does anybody have a magnet link for Sayanora?

It should never have left nintendo platforms.

Thanks satan o/

This isn't a first party game tho.

You've been using too many buzzwords, friendo!

This is a meme game

you're a meme game

every game ever is a meme game as soon as information is shared about it

FYI meme game is a game that gets any amount of popularity not thanks to good gameplay, because it doesn't have one, but thanks to external factors like advertising or pandering to specific social groups.
Overwatch and Umihara are meme games.
Deus Ex and God Hand are not.

People like Umihara because of its gameplay, though?

Bump

Oh shit. I'd better get my act together and clear stage 43.

Isn't this just a titty monster fishing game?

You can't be serious
Also, wheres the faggot that was always screaming that Umihara was kill and that the PC port was to blame because Saizensens publisher died?

Oh great, another cuckchanner OP who still thinks hes posting on cuckchan

WHERE'S THE LEWD

The spacing is supposed to be a reddit telltale sign. Work on your armchair moderating, retard.

t.Reddit

You're not making as much sense as you think you do, user.

Wait a second, I thought the studio that made this series went bankrupt. Hell, there was a lot of mourning last year about it too.

It was the publisher. The studio found another one.

Hoping for a PC port. I loved Sayonara.

most pure waifu. Getting past her fishy smell would be easy.

Every time.

I'll buy a copy before I get a switch I think.

no, you idiot.

deus ex is a meme game, it's part of the Holla Forums-core meme.

In a just society, people who say "meme game" would be shot on sight.

whether it makes you mad or not is your own problem, there's lots of meme games out there.

There are meme games but the Umihara series would hardly count as one. I'm not seeing the rabid autistic fanbase that an undertale or five nights would produce to warrant that title.

Thing is there's no definition of what meme game means so everyone can just use it to bait for (You)s or justify their shit opinions with buzzwords

the only meme umihara kawase might be a part of is a loose network of speed runners/platformer enthusiasts/a few japanese artists i know. by definition it's not a meme by virtue of having almost no social presence.

meme games are a thing.

You're a thing

examples?

The Switch is shit and nothing will ever make it worth buying. Kill yourself, Nintoddler.

When I die thousands of times in one game, I personally like to know that I did. I think it`s amusing.

Barely anyone in the west has ever even heard about these games. I only played the Super Famicom one, and that was because I saw Arino play it.

It`s pretty unique. Worth playing.

the Holla Forums-core meme is relatable and immediately identifiable. Things like VTMB, Deus Ex, Dark Messiah, Stalker, etc. all fit into it. I don't want to sound condescending, but you are aware of the concept as it appears in The Selfish Gene, right?

No I don't read meme books.

Nigger, what? Like, really, when I type obvious examples of stupid shit I tend to immediately realize it and not make the fucking post.
Like dissecting memes so much? "Protip: If you have to make up a rule on the spot to support your argument then your stance isn't worth defending to begin with."

Meme game is too ambiguous of a term
Does it mean:
or any combination of the above descriptions? It would be easy to file undertale under most of these, which is part of the reason why the term is so ambiguous.

I think it's fun to reflect on those trials.

Where's our dogshit too hard articles for the UmiKawa series?

>tfw tomboys are all brainwashed nowadays

if it gets localized we can expect them
the snes game is actually too hard for me, i've tried and failed to beat it numerous times over the years

That fact that the person who brought up "meme game" in the first place is a (1) and done should tell you everything you need to know about the term.

Fixed

I just tried the 3DS title. God, this is so fucking bad.
The physics are absolutely terrible, making every obstacle that much more difficult. Physics shouldn't be relied on so much anyway since it possibly complicates the entire 'puzzle'. Hope the switch title is at least free if it's going to have gameplay as shit as the 3DS one.

why are you calling yourself reddit?

The fishing pole works like a bungee cable and you need to use that to reach many places. When you figure out how the game works, you'll be speedrunning many stages by slinging yourself into the goal. There are many levels I've beaten under 10 seconds on some runs.

user, the whole game is based around the physics. That's like complaining that Tetris is based around making lines. This sounds more like you didn't bother learning how to play the game and complained that you couldn't do well.

The can hardly call the 'physics' in that game based in reality at all. Completely spastic and hard to predict.
Not an argument. You could use this same statement for any bad game that has ever existed. Doesn't make the game any less shit.

It's a game. The entire point of this game is to master its physics system and work with it to reach the goal as fast as possible. If you can't gel with that, fine, but don't call the game shit on the basis that it's not for you.

Not that guy, but thank you for finally explaining that T thing. I've been seeing it everywhere with no consistency to the usage and it's impossible to google because it's one fucking letter.

Missed the >
this is why you don't phonepost

Ya'll are making the 2D/3D barrier give me acute pain again.

You didn't even bother watching the video.

btw does anyone know how to get Sayonara Umihara Kawase to run properly in High resolution? I never understood what I needed to do to get Durante's GeDoSaTo to work properly and his instructions which I fallowed where kinda vague. There was also some odd talk about how the latest DX11 version of GeDoSaTo has caused some unintentional malicious issues with OS systems which sorta scared me away from experimenting too much with it.

Sonic team needs to learn from umihara kawase franchise.

i could be acute pain tonite oniichan

No need, I played the shitty game.

The problem is with the control, or lack thereof. You can hardly control the fucking thing, which shouldn't be a factor of difficulty in a puzzle game. If it weren't for the crap bungie fishing pole mechanics, the game would be super easy.
Again; it's not difficult, just annoying.

Subjective
It's a platforming game.

In any case, you're just not good at it. Practice more.

the game actually uses a highly predictable physics model and the creators said flat out they don't want a more realistic one because it becomes too unpredictable and unfun. The point of the game is it is highly predictable. You just aren't good at it

youtube.com/watch?v=ypBcHsG1Ojg

considering how good some players are, your complaints about the controls seem immature (in the most technically sense of the word). Git Gud

why is Umihara art so hit or miss?

I love the difficulty of the SNES one, or at least the PC version. It makes you really feel like you earned the victory, but the PC port gives you player replays and practice mode to make it fair on you.

It's a fighting game, retard.

It's mostly just the diaperfag dragging down the other pieces. The rest have some value.

thankfully I haven't seen any of that

you are not wellcome, reddit.

Some people are good at Battleborn. Doesn't make the game any less shit.

Wast of dubs for just pretending to be retarded. Do you honestly think your hero Molyjeux would condone your defeatist attitude and victimology? Are you that "never be get gud" autist?

It's not that. I just don't want to waste my time on a sub-par game with shitty controls.

Really need that clip of the Chief commenting on how busty Umihara is.

It's already free on my 2DS.

I only realized this game was a thing once I saw it on GCCX. I still have yet to beat the 3DS final route with that second crab boss. I always get fucked on the last phase.

the 30fps version of sayonara was only worth playing when it was the only version

I thought they were done with the games. Shit, I want this hopefully the remodel for the Switch that makes it genuinely portable comes out soonish.