Will Nintendo Ninjas come after me for this?

Will Nintendo Ninjas come after me for this?

No, but schizo telemetry cucks will.

It's just a sloppy port to Dream Team's engine isn't it op?

No, not really. Seems pretty well done.

I knew it was gonna look bad but Christ almighty, they butchered it.

They gave it the mobile phone look

Yeah, That's the thing I don't like so far too. They threw the original's artstyle out the window.

>minigames and boss fights incredibly casualized to the point where if you want a boss fight to last more than two turns, you have to force yourself to not use bros. attacks this was the case in the original but only because of broken mechanics and by dumping every single extra point into strength, but you can do the same retard damage by dumping everything in worthless stats like speed
I can list even more, and this is just from 4 hours of fucking playtime. This is far from 'pretty well done'. It's a soulless cash grab.

Nah.

I'm like 20 minutes in. I also said "seems" because I hadn't looked at the original since release

You misspelled Nintencucks. But yeah, those fanboys will definitely come after you.

And here I thought 'well gee, how hard could it possibly be to just copy everything from Superstar Saga and slap it onto the Dream Team engine?'

All it makes me want to do is just replay the original the farther I get. It's incredibly disappointing, and I was actually excited for this.

If anyone is having doubts about the fucking music, here's what they did to the Popple and Rookie boss track.
Be assured the rest is just as shit.

>they did this to the best boss theme in the game
Who the hell was responsible for this mess? Was it too much effort to call Yoko Shimomura to remix it?

So far, the only good remixes are Oho Oasis and Bowser's Castle. They even made Teehee Valley shit.

I don't know why they didn't just keep the original fucking music and maybe give it updated, less grating midi instruments. Everything sounds like shit.

user… Yoko Shimomura did that remix.

God dammit. I was really hoping she hadn't lost her touch, but here we are. Now I'm terrified about KH3's soundtrack.

Is bowser's minions at least okay? I might consider pirating it after I finish the original just so I can see how disappointed I can get.

She is old and lost her mojo

I don't understand how Yoko made perfect remasters of soundtracks for shit like Kingdom Hearts maybe two years ago and then turn around and make this.

I've played it for like 30 minutes now, the gameplay is okay. But just play the original.

She must have had a fucking stroke when she signed off on this. Sounds nowhere near finished
I made this post earlier but had the wrong embed. Gonna go kill myself now.

Just for fucking reference, here's a track she did that is similar enough in composition. I should have just webmd these to make it a single post but fuck it. But this is till gonna sell like mad because asshats are gonna eat it up blindly just because they're so starved for actual nintendo games.

So it got the stranded nintendo mario rpg treatment these days not to surprising

Man this shit is painful to even listen to.

Stranded is about right. Nintendo's creative decisions have been lost late into the Wii era.

How can anyone miss the point of a Mario and Luigi so badly?

This is the deal breaker to be honest. SS had soul because of them, not because it was another Mario RPG.
It's probably so that you learn how to use Bro Moves early.

Citra fucking WORKS?!

Ah, nope. Still requires a real 3DS to play Pokémon and other games. Shit/10.

Why would an emulator require the actual hardware? Doesn't that defeat the original purpose?

the other user probably means that it seems more viable to just have a hacked 3DS to play some games, as Citra isn't as advanced as something like Cemu. Pokemon X and Y apparently also run terribly on Citra, although you're not missing much since X and Y are easily the worst games in the mainline series.

It's the fucking NSMB cave look. God fucking damn it Miyamoto or whatever autistic faggot who keeps demanding this sameness that makes me want to puke. I swear to god if Miyamoto cant just seperate himself from it all and let the rest of the company make it's own decisions (which is terrible enough to consider already with modern Nintendo) then could he just, like, die for the sake of his legacy? I don't believe for a second that he preserves anything of legitimate concern alongside his eternal bullshit.

Of course he would be, according to the credits from the original, squeenix owns him, and there was no way nintendo was going to pay extra money if they didn't have to. The DK thing is perplexing though, what's the point in removing that.

It's like Guile's theme all over again.

Why don't you just hack your DS?

What if that's the case? What if they just rushed the game and used tracks that were in the middle of being worked on? As lazy as this remake is, it being rushed out the door would make sense.

What's happening to Mario RPGs, anons? Dream Team was an absolute mess and I can't begin to imagine how what Paper Jam is like. And now this shit has me downright depressed. Aside from what's happened to Paper Mario.

shigeru is your answer, user

Miyamoto

Miyamoto happened to paper mario. I imagine ML games are turning to shit because the devs are getting tired of doing nothing but Mario and Luigi games.

Why did it have to be Gunpei Yokoi and not him that got ran over or whatever?

Well, it's not so much Miyamoto, but the fact that they're accepting his advice anyhow. There's other design choices that are just baffling that I can't see Miyamoto around to contradict at every moment. The problems can't all be attached to one person, there are similar issues that persist in other developers.

Gunpei Yokoi was leaving Nintendo so they had the Yakuza take him out so they could keep their secrets.

Dream Team wasn't as bad as Partners in Time, but I couldn't even get past the first chapter in Paper Jam because it was so boring. Each game after the first one seems to feel the need to put a bunch of gimmicks in it to make it different, but the only one that did that well was Bowser's Inside Story.

I think it's more about cucked jap culture than anything. You COULD say miyamoto but the he's not in absolute control and when he gives suggestions the people listening to him see him as higher and THEY HAVE to take it.
Why these gooks don't grow a spine and day "No." Is beyond me.

*then
*say