NIOH

We're just a few days out from the 3rd, and presumably final, DLC.
Looks like we definitely get mothgirl this time.
No confirmation on a new weapon type yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/09/07/niohs-final-action-packed-dlc-bloodsheds-end-arrives-26th-september/
archive.is/MRjzw
gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html
store.steampowered.com/app/485510/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also it appears we will be encountering a certain ninja this time as well.

PC port when?

I haven't played since just before the first free DLC launched. Is there anything significant that has changed I should know about before I dive back in with all the DLCs at the same time?

Did the PvP turn out good?

Anyone where where i can buy the season pass or the expansion DLC's for a cheap price?

Better get a PC port of this some year.

You'll get your PC port of Nioh after you get your PC port of Ninja Gaiden Black. Never.

you get two new weapons, odachi and tonfa. odachi is pretty fun.

Neat I've been waiting to get a definitive edition of this.

Oh I forgot to mention there's going to also be a new mode. It's going to be some kind of wave based PVE mode.

I'm going to be so pissed if we don't get the moth waifu.

Do you think they're going to add in a new game plus after Way of the Wise?

That soon? That's nice, last I heard it wasn't coming out until the winter. I've been holding off on a replay until all of the expansions are out.

Are the DLCs any good? How do you get them? What's the secret backer only DLC

They're very good, each pack adds a new chunk of missions roughly half the length of regular chapter of the game, several new sets of armor, a new weapon class, and a new difficulty level.

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/09/07/niohs-final-action-packed-dlc-bloodsheds-end-arrives-26th-september/

Also it is really soon, it snuck up on me.

I hope the new DLC includes a fist weapon of some kind.

I've only played a handful of matches but it's decent enough when there's no lag. It uses a best of 3 format, which I like since it gives you and your opponent some breathing room to adapt to each other.

They are adding a new difficulty level, yes. A new mode called the abyss is getting added from the way they've described it
It sounds like some kind of endless fighting mode or maybe an endless dungeon of some kind.

Nice

I suffer without pc port

plss

Will never care until it is unshackled from consoletrash.

No such thing, unless you're talking about the rewards for players who played the betas and beat the bosses back then. The dlc are just some helmets.

Helmets that exist in game, and some of the npc wraiths have some of the nip exclusive helmets.

Isn't the main character just a rip-off of Geralt?

arrgggghhhhhhhhh

More correctly the dlc rewards are the smithing texts for those helmets.
You can still get them even if you didn't take part in the demos, you just have to grind them out from their respective bosses.

William Adams was a real dude. In fact he may have been the first weaboo. The real one was English and not Irish but I won't hold that against him.

I want the Dark Souls audience to leave.

At least it's consistent.
Consistently dead.

I'm not certain why Nioh even has PVP in the first place. The game doesn't need it.

Sooner or later you will want to test your skills on smarter enemies, there's no denying in that.

apparently it has.
it came with a dlc or an update.

Excited yet at the same time sad that this is gonna be the end of William the Potatopeeler's journey

I hate to bring up builds, but I'm level 150 in NG++ with an odachi and I just can't dish out enough damage. Is there a definitive "build" or am I just under leveled and need to finally need to get autistic with equipment forging?

I wonder if there is even any room for a sequel. It doesn't seem likely.

Get autistic with weapon forging. Start getting the +levels stacked up on your divine gear, and get some awesome bonuses forged into it.

Getting materials is easy, just farm a bunch of crap from the laters levels, then break them down into the chunks and shit you need (I'm forgetting the exact names of stuff right now because I haven't played in a while).

equipment* forging
from the later* levels
My typing is full retard tonight apparently.

I don't see how they could continue William's journey for a Nioh 2 unless he becomes a ninja/ Edo policeman and fights youkai threats on the down low.
You could easily have a non direct sequel that takes place earlier in the Songoku period featuring a different character though.
I wouldn't mind a spiritual sequel of some type. I've come to really love the "Fast Souls" gameplay and all the samurai bling.

I heard they were going to add new skills to existing weapons instead. I hope that's true.

They added a new mode to PvP which is Skill. It gives you preset equipment and items based on the primary and secondary(?) weapons you have equipped.

I think tonfa are getting more skills which they sorely need.

If there WAS a sequel, it's gonna have to be William's life as a Samurai Lord/Shipwright/Ambassador after the War, and I don't see them making it possible unless they want to add in some Yokai craziness and some Chinese mythological shit and make up the setting about some evil mystic ala Samurai Showdown. Other than that, come on Game of the Year Edition.

MOTH WAIFU SPIRIT! LITERALLY THE REASON WHY I WAITED THIS FUCKING LONG!

I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH OF THE CAMPAIGN. I DROPPED IT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, DLC CAME AND WENT… BUT ALWAYS, ALWAYS I CHECKED, AND NEVER WAS I FULFILLED: I NEED THAT MOTH WAIFU!

AT LONG LAST, I CAN FINISH THE GAME

Ōtani Yoshitsugu a shit. Except in maybe Sengoku Basara as far as his gameplay.

The historical William settled in japan , became an ambassador and had two kids. Maybe nioh 2 will be about his kids

Please don't lie to me again user.

I'm 100% sure because they've posed her with William together in that first pic. That's how they've always done with new Pokekami reveals.

150 in Way of the Demon sounds woefully underleveled to me. But yes, you are going to have to get autistic with forging, look to get a change to attack stat on your weapon and then put all your points into that stat. It really helps with extra damage output.

The reward for playing the Alpha was getting to experience the game untainted as it was supposed to be, though it's not much considering how the finished product was so terribly diluted for the whiners. Instead of just extending the loot treadmill a mode built off and reintroducing everything it was before would actually be the best thing for them to do.

Didn't the alpha have weapon durability?

Fuck that.

It had a hell of a lot more than that, that was even more important to the combat than it, but the durability was implemented very well and was a valid risk and punishment without being a hassle to actually deal with, despite people crying and being biased about it because wah durability and not knowing how to offer at shrines.

I wasn't around for the Alpha admittedly. Did offering at shrines have more effect than just a handful of amerita and consumable items?

It did the same thing, but repair items were among the items you got, so as long as you were collecting loot you were able to offer it and keep your equipment repaired if necessary. It was tougher so offering was quite a bit more helpful for items to get through the stage. Whetstones and glue were also drops from the boxes and barrels littered around the stage so basically anyone complaining about it was extremely uninformed in how they could deal with it.
Also again there was so much more changed about the game that entirely screwed with the feel, challenge, depth and balance of the combat that people just defaulting to bringing up durability, while it was also a factor in balance, didn't understand the game at all if they're ignoring everything else.

Sounds like durability and repairs would have only been a big issue in the early parts of the game if they could be handled with consumable items.

Not really, it was more designed to be a danger during drawn out fights and situations, which not only were much more plentiful back then since the full game gutted the enemy count, their aggressiveness and pursuit ranges and their health, but even from the Beta and in the main game there were plenty of gauntlet style missions and areas where you had to survive waves of enemies to move on.

Fuck the moth waifu. Who can I turn into?

Hideyoshi Toyotomi is a pretty sure thing for the new DLC. I'm surprised to see him in the game.

If the enemy count was higher, it would likely have justified me using all my axe skills. Sorta a shame it didn't pan out like that, but also a little thankful since the game tends to degrade into complete chaos when you fight 3 or more enemies at once.

Still haven't cleared that one post-game mission with all the paralysis enemies…

Any kind of "chaos" is completely controllable with the sheer amount of skills, abilities and mobility you have on the table, it's pretty much the only time when the game really pushes you. Nioh was originally designed around the way the Alpha was, the current iteration is a hack job trying to appease the wrong feedback demanding all the wrong things.
This is just the first video I saw after googling so I can't vouch for it, but the differences will still be clear, I really recommend looking up more footage though so you can see just how different the game really was at it's core, it still had all the styling possible but all the changes had very far reaching consequences on combat, both the obvious and not so obvious ones, and if more people were concerned about a genuinely excellent game being true to it's vision rather than wanting to avoid gitting gud on a "hard" game because it's different or playing as a girl, maybe we could actually get an update to bring things back into balance.

There's no way this isn't coming to PC

Meh. I'll live.
Really want Nioh though.

Oh fuck, it's the Alpha autist!

Just a reminder that durability is a garbage concept in a game like this, and side-strafing doesn't ruin the game.

I think it's his concubine's son, Hideyori as this is set in the last Osaka campaign, a follow up of the battle of Sekigahara between the Tokugawa and pro-Toyotomi factions. IIRC Mitsunari mentions wanting to resurrect Hideyoshi with Amrita before Ed turns him into a monster.

What a great argument, clearly you know what you're talking about.

As opposed to you who treats your own speculation as fact, right?

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Everything I said is backed up by evidence from all versions of the game itself. Calling names just to avoid seeing the obvious doesn't change a thing.

Except you simply can't prove that every single change Team Ninja has made that you didn't like was solely because of feedback. Your whole rhetoric is that the devs had an extremely specific vision of what the game was going to be about to the tiniest detail, but the "whiners" came along and ruined it for everyone (even though the feedback for the demos was largely positive, but sure, let's conveniently ignore that).

And weren't you the one who argued for specific mechanics being included or excluded on the mere basis this game was inspired by an unused Akira Kurosawa script? Pretty sure you're the same user, I shudder to think there's actually more than one of you ardent defenders of the Alpha.

Ah yeah, we will most likely face Hideyori as a midboss or something.

It has been a while since I've played, so I hope Maria if she isn't available yet.

I got this game. I liked it…but I have a problem with games like this where I end up playing a certain build and then after a while feel locked into what that build has to offer so before I beat the game I restart to try a different build.

I don't like starting a new build from the middle of the game tho.

Dammit gib PC port already.

Ditto, it's hard to really break out of how you've played the game if you've stuck to a particular skill set.

Oh, so your method of arguing is to invent the argument the other person is using while ignoring everything that's actually being said (since you haven't said a word about anything posted in this thread), making some kind of very vague goal for them because it's easier for you to refute, zeroing into the most specific of details regardless of importance and inflating them to retardedness because they clash with what you personally believe (reeeeee you don't like these changes so you're just against change of any type fullstop because I like these changes) and misrepresenting evidence to suit your cause and ignoring when it doesn't (Japan was the largest negative feedback area, the numbers don't include any of the written feedback, many videos and communities were full of people who were butthurt that it wasn't exactly like Souls, lest you forget with your revisionism) and I don't know what you're even babbling about with this Kurosawa thing but it just makes you look deeply confused about something.
But hey, if you want to address anything I said in this thread then you can go ahead but if you want to linger on how triggered you somehow still are about some kind of discussion that must have happened months ago then I don't see the point, but don't blame anyone for laughing at you.

I want the FromSoft audience to leave.
Your starting stats are completely superfluous, anons. Whatever build or skill set you have in mind is going to be rendered obsolete by the time you reach Way of the Strong/Demon/Wise anyway, because the game is very equipment and buff heavy. Your character stats really don't matter as much as your equipment and what effects you have on them, and your buffs, and debuffs on the enemy.

I don't mean the character stats, I mean the way I use my particular choice of weapon.

You know there's more weapons than spears and more stances than middle stance, right, DSP?

Oh right, and disregarding that they discussed multiple times in several interviews how the survey results had an effect on the game, Toukiden set a precedent for surveys changing the final product already, so I've heard.

I don't really see why it'd be that tough. There's huge potential for having and combining multiple different skills and abilities with how skills work and how many extra points you get, so using a lot of different things and changing things up is pretty easy and fun.

I'm not that much of a faggot. Axe and high stance. Low/mid stance when dealing with more than two enemies.

You should branch out more often into the other stances then, even if it's not as necessary as it should be they're all strong and offer different options that are each useful on a moment by moment basis, not just based on enemy type or number. True Niohing comes from mastering and tying them all together.

Right right, I need to make more use of stance changing since I do have the skills that restore ki and such on successful stance change after an attack.

Flux is pretty much one of the best skills in the game to get a hang of, it's like the next step after Ki Pulse and helps open up your options so much. It's definitely worth practicing and is really fun to do too, though if you're not used to it don't feel too pressured to do it all the time, just slowly work it in where you can.

That was literally your first post in this thread . You talk about "experiencing the game untainted as it was supposed to be" and the "finished product was so terribly diluted for the whiners".

Then I just connected the dots with the discussion I had months ago, and remembered the person I was arguing with dragged the discussion to ridiculous points, such as the inclusion of side-strafing lock-on breaking the game, or that certain mechanics shouldn't have been included as to evoke the sense of the Sengoku era, which was fucking absurd, that's why I remember it, not because "hurr durr i waz trigherd". If you're not the same person, then just forget about that, but as for my first point I didn't invent any argument, I addressed it directly, in fact.

So you're going to accuse me of revisionism while STILL ignoring that the majority of feedback was positive from the surveys? It seems you just can't accept the fact that Team Ninja made some changes voluntarily, or (God forbid) might have agreed with some of the criticisms without those people being considered "whiners". How far up your own ass do you have to be? Oh wait, I forgot we're on Holla Forums.

The ONE (1) thing I might concede is that enemies leash is a bit too strong, but to treat a single change from the Alpha as a fucking "hackjob" is just retarded, whiny nonsense. Other than that, there is absolutely no indication they removed item durability due to pressure. If you're accusing people that were butthurt because Nioh wasn't exactly like Souls, then that's precisely the mechanic those people would want to see implemented, so you're defeated by your argument there.
As for enemy count, the game is perfectly fine as is, fighting two One-eyed Onis at the same time is already annoying. The enemies we fought in the Alpha were manageable because they were mostly humans who get easily staggered by attacks, but most Yokai do not, which is what made the second level of the Alpha unbalanced in terms of difficulty.

points put into certain stats give you other points you can use to upgrade your character's movesets. Last build I had was ninja heavy so I could use all those little items and tricks.
I specialized my use of a certain weapon to make sure I can open up that weapon's stances and techniques as much as possible as early as possible.
The items in the game that give you points in those areas to put towards unlocking new techniques are far and few in between.

It sounds like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Did you even play the game? Or are you just a "fan" of the game? You just watch youtubers play it all day? Just read these threads?

Or wait..let me guess..you took this retarded outlook on the game of yours and dumped all your stat points into health to make yourself nearly immortal while you spend 3 hours on a boss fight.

Jeez and I was thinking about replying seriously to the whole post too, it was bad enough that you can't imagine how a game where the combat gives big damage bonuses to being hit from behind might suffer when the main cause of being turned around is removed, but it's a good thing I read the whole post in it's ridiculous, blind glory. But ok sure, apparently I agree with the changes (plural) and that's why I've said the changes (again, plural, there's far more that you've obviously missed since you don't know shit about design) are badly implemented. I suppose I'll quell a bit of the sheer idiocy and add that in regards to durability (already complained about by someone who didn't even play the Alpha, and it's established the survey had an effect), the only Souls game where it was actually a factor was Dark Souls 2. I don't think I need to specify further and with how haphazard and detached from reality the rest of your post is I'm not going to waste my time with this or the next.

That is why he said once you reach the higher difficulties, where exotics are pretty common and divines show up as well. If a sword or a piece of armor doesn't have the change to attack or other rare trait you want you should have enough chunks and fragments to change the skills on your equipment randomly or with umbracite.

Yes, it is annoying. In all my character builds (all of which I avoid making them over-powered) I have to constantly attack and back away from them to avoid damage, and in a certain gauntlet sub-mission, I even use the rock to separate them.

Who said I "couldn't handle it", you absolute retard? Are you sure you're not the one who is detached from reality here? Your lack of self-awareness boggles the mind.
It is "unbalanced", that's what I said, and it's the same as the example above, fighting multiple enemies who don't stagger unless you drain them out of their Ki (which doesn't matter because they're able to recover while you're getting bummed by other enemies) is not fun, and it's not hard either, just boring and time-consuming. If you've watched Oroboro stream this game with his cheesy play style of running attack->dodge backwards, you'd know a higher number of strong enemies just further encourages that type of gameplay.

Nioh mostly shines in duels, where you can make the most of out of a weapon's moveset and combos, not being surrounded by dickheads that make the player resort to spam OP ranged attacks and abuse living weapon builds. It's probably the reason that most bosses are humanoids, which are the type of foe you can utilize most of your tools.

But sure, go ahead and brush all off that criticism as being a Souls pleb or a whiner.

Not even going to bother with most of this.

Which is still a far cry from removing it entirely, so your point is moot. In Souls games, you still get the occasional need to repair your equipment when you're stuck at a boss, and considering that you lose souls when you die, it's wise to keep some soul items with you so that you have enough currency to repair at a bonfire/workshop (DS1 and BB being a prime example of this). It was mostly DS3 that fucked up this system, where you have the benefit of automatic repairs from DS2, but weapons don't degrade fast enough like in DS2 to justify that feature.
This isn't to say I wanted Nioh to have item durability, but I'm arguing from the perspective of a Soulsfag who wouldn't mind seeing this implemented (which according to you, it's the type of people who had major influence over the changes).

100% confirmed lunacy or shiposter. Thanks, that's all I needed to know to avoid dragging this longer than it's needed or deserved.

yeah, I always think whenever I play, what if I had to menu for a couple seconds every 3-4 minutes.
I then go to my whetstones and use one, just to remember what the good old days of durability were like, before crying that casuals RUINED IT

They could make durability work well in Nioh. But it's more likely, they'd end up with some kind of system similar to Breath of the Wild where being armed is more a worry than what you're armed with. You could make weapon breaking as a part of combat mechanics potentially. I could see fighting Muneshige in a field of blades with you and him having to periodically grab new weapons off the ground throughout the battle, constantly changing up the weapon types and properties you have to fight with. They would've had to dramatically simplify the loot system and made a convenient and quick way to swap out your damaged gear with new gear in your inventory.

Sure sounds like you couldn't handle Ki and learning how to use it in that particular scenario because it's actually easy as hell. But whatever helps you sleep at night and makes you give up so there's a slight chance I can talk about this with someone who isn't severely triggered and terminally inept.

So I guess this guy can be written off too.

Or they could just use the system they had in place, which didn't really have anything wrong with it. If the weapon descriptions are to be believed it sounded like wooden weapons actually were going to lack durability which would have been pretty interesting, though if really necessary they could have changed one of the Kodama blessings to repair items as well. As cool as a fight like that sounds, weapons breaking entirely isn't necessary and would go against much of the rest of the game's design, though there did have to be some kind of lasting punishment for letting your weapon hit 0, perhaps that it needed the blacksmith to repair it.
You could already equip two different weapons and through clever use of swapping between them made both of them last much longer and was enough, which worked great for actually getting some use out of having two weapons equipped.
But for the love of god, if we're going to keep talking about the prerelease versions, can it be something other than this scapegoat of a mechanic? They changed a hell of a lot more than just removing durability so why act otherwise, why does no one mention elixirs essentially being 4 times as powerful for example, or enemies doing nearly twice the damage on everything because it's the only way they can try to make them threatening since they do next to no Ki damage?

Look you're the one defending it as a mechanic, when it did literally nothing. It was so much of a non issue it became a nuisance more than an actual mechanic.
Also

You can't make a statement like that and not be called a fucking retard

Your post made me dig up this ridiculous clip from the Beta. I was of course still trying to grasp the mechanics of the game at the time, but something like this would still be hard as fuck to overcome without total reliance on "fuck you" summons.

You can't even take advantage on an enemy being out of Ki if you're swarmed by other enemies at the same time, this is common sense. You might have a chance to get a free hit or two, but have to back out immediately, no longer you'd be able to capitalize on a "tired" Yoki with Reaper, for example.
Instead, the player would essentially act out the same play style as if Ki didn't exist to begin with, which is pretty much what happens here .

You know what, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt even though you exaggerated how long it took to use them. The only point it actually became a "non-issue" was after constant replays of the same two areas over and over again when you amassed high levels and powerful gear, and even then it was still a present factor that you had to pay attention to, but not a nuisance because repairing itself was fast and you had multiple weapons and items to use in between. Not all mechanics have to be GROUNDBREAKING PIVOTAL CHANGES for them to matter, this had an impact on balance and awareness and that was enough to make it's inclusion worthwhile.
Also I don't know whose ass you pulled that greentext out of or what you're even trying to imply with it but I don't see you specifying anything.

That webm's pretty hilarious. The whole scenario's something you brought on yourself though by running from all the guys and letting them gang up, but moving the fight around to different areas to try and get an advantage is another cool thing now lost. You also could have used midstance and many other skills a bit more, but I digress, situations like that are what made all the OP abilities not quite so OP, and unlike now where enemies are just "everything kills you in two hits because fuck you, we can't hit you anyway though", it's things like your misuse of Ki and attack choice that traps you and causes that damage, aka you're properly punished for fucking up at reading the fight in a way that's reactive without being heavyhanded or unfair. Removing all the danger while keeping everything OP the same, is one of the roots of why balance in Nioh is now so screwed.

But you see, the fact alone that the enemy has gotten tired and is put out of commission is giving you an advantage, which you can capitalize on in many other ways, by focusing on the other enemies, for example. Just because your strategy has to change from always using your slowest longest strongest skill to something else depending on the situation doesn't eliminate the system itself, how in the hell can you even say such a thing? Even in that webm (a hugely extreme case with like ten guys) there's instances where the enemies get knocked over or can't attack, buying him important time and space.

actually yes, they have to add something to the gameplay or be an interesting addition to the game/story rather than a generic insert that serves absolutely no purpose other than to make you menu for a few seconds.

All that does is encourage the hit-once-dodge-back play style I mentioned earlier, all you're doing is just wait for a few of them to get tired so you can deal with rest of the group. No real aggressiveness or creativity in stringing different moves, no initiative, just boring defensive gameplay.
Hell, in such a case you likely can't even get a grapple reliably on a tired human enemy, because there's a small window of vulnerability before the hit connects, not to mention being unable to utilize a weapon's combos to its fullest potential, which is one of the things that truly separates this game from Souls.

And it does, because it sets equipment types apart, acts in balancing, gives a bit more incentive to use the two weapons you equip and your items as well as improve in how you deal with encounters, and has an effect on how you deal with certain enemies, on top of having the potential to dynamically change fights. It doesn't have to be the only mechanic that affects each of those things, and it doesn't have to be taken out because of that either.

Well, speak for yourself I guess. I for one know that because of how many options are available in attacks, skills, movement and with Ki Pulse, you can very much play hyper-aggressively and use full combo strings even when outnumbered and in fact are encouraged to do so specifically because of the Ki system, since fighting back lowers their Ki and evens the odds. Also I think you're forgetting that in this game, dodge attacks are much more of an offensive move and string right into combos or multiple dodge attacks, which don't take you out of the fight in a defensive manner. Even someone using them for poking with single hits isn't quite as defensive since it's active and can transition into offense swiftly, but there is far more that can be done than just falling back on that.

except it doesn't. It WOULD do that, in theory. but the implementation in the alpha/beta did absolutely fucking none of that.

The only way I can imagine fights against large groups of enemies to be remotely enjoyable is if you had an OP as fuck build that is typically seen on youtube, or if you're a god. The best Nioh player that I know of is XLHGladiator and the vast majority of his videos deal with one or two enemies at a time in a way that's fun and enganging.

I just can't imagine you sitting there with a straight face and say your options aren't severly limited or that gauntlets with powerful enemies don't become a huge slog. Fighting the two One-eyed Onis is just a small example of that, the sub-missions Team Ninja added in a free patch were way more ridiculous, and you're still dissatisfied?
Seriously, I'd like to see you personally play this game, because practical examples would be much easier to analyze. Can you post webms?

It very much did do that, that's why I mentioned them all in the first place. Each weapon and armour type had different max amounts, each whetstone fixed all equipped weapons rather than needing one for each, stone soldiers in particular were actually a concern because they were almost entirely built around this, and the speed it went down along with the reduction in efficacy beginning at half durability meant it could come into play depending on the situation. Durability wasn't in the Beta by the way, only the Alpha, so uh yeah.

Half the skills and abilities are practically designed for any particularly difficult encounters like if you're severely outnumbered. That's why they're so broken now when the rest of the game has lost it's teeth. It isn't just about having more enemies, that's just another thing the game is missing, even though all your mobility and offensive options can really be taken advantage of due to it. It's funny you bring up XLHGladiator since he has several videos of both the Alpha and Beta where he's outnumbered, but you don't have to be a god or extremely overpowered just to fight more than one enemy, and just because you run a high risk of death when against large groups doesn't make it something that should never happen. The game warns you about it, but it doesn't deny it.
Now now, don't put words into my mouth. No shit you have to take more care about what you're doing if you're against groups because it gets more dangerous, but that's par for the course and being able to defend against and attack enemies from multiple angles and learning how to make use of abilities in those situations is a real thrill and offers a whole new and unique challenge. As for those new missions, while they were fun for what they were, it doesn't really matter what they add. I'm "dissatisfied" because they entirely fucked the core balance of the game and then fucked the design on top of that, then fucked some more of the balance to try and make up for it. I'm not entirely sure what you seeing gameplay of myself would prove here though or why you're asking for it to analyze for whatever it is you're hoping to see.

The fact that you're over-complicating this simple matter means there's not much else to be said here. I mean, do you seriously need an explanation as to why gameplay footage would be better evidence than just merely theorizing for several paragraphs until someone just moves on from all this? Not sure what that would prove, much less change anything besides ego stroking, but whatever floats your boat.
Also, "entirely fucked the core balance of the game" is yet another vague claim that doesn't mean anything by itself. I just get really bored of these conversations.

Just an important correction I absolutely need to make. I was referring to Onyudo and not the One-eyed Oni. I had them mixed up for some reason. It's pic related that appears in gauntlet sub-mission where there's two of them at the same time.

Fighting two of those at once is always an immediate summon, no hesitation. Fuck those guys.

Come to think of it, I remember I was actually pretty disappointed at how many enemies got removed from some of those smaller wave-based bonus levels that were in the beta. Upon beating them in the final release I basically said "that's it?" I had already gotten used to how they were in the beta, and it was quite fun.

Time for Nioh Black?

Yeah this is exactly the kind of thing I expected you would say because I didn't immediately try showing you something even though you haven't given me the courtesy. You're acting as if I would have on hand whatever it is you want to see. Evidence for what, exactly? If you want to see someone fighting multiple enemies there's plenty of it around, hell you yourself brought up a channel full of it, and surely you don't need me to show you that to know that something like Sword Ki is a useful move against multiple enemies, or how fast William can go, or that powerful ninjutsu is perfect for fights like that but too much if those fights don't happen. But here's something from a long ass time ago in the Beta anyway, even though I'm willing to bet on the response and I doubt it will be enough or adequate to what you're looking for. Unless you're actually on the game right now I suppose.
I already went over it a bit in this thread, but I'll make it as straight forward and to the point as I can, though there's still a lot,

Alpha: Game is based around innovative focus of Ki mechanics as well as positioning. High punishment when low on Ki and bonus damage from the rear is balanced by Ki Pulse, high combo potential and multiple options for movement and attack from stances if aware of opportunities. Movement requires attention making fights require commitment, playing into Ki awareness. Enemies being subject to similar weaknesses makes for a very satisfying ebb and flow to combat. Ninjutsu, Onmyo and Living Weapons are extremely powerful, but the higher risk makes them more important for survival. The camera angle is frickin sweet and makes fights feel up close and personal.
Beta: Ki punishment is hugely reduced, now it doesn't matter unless you get hit and the time is shortened. Sidestrafing while locked on is now a thing, now movement and positioning doesn't matter because the bonus damage is gone and you can safely circle and mash till no Ki then run away, something enemies aren't designed for. Enemy health and aggro is reduced, lowering the impact of Ki or the combo potential since everything dies too fast. Ninjutsu and Onmyo are made stronger, Living Weapon indirectly made stronger by the Ki change. Camera angle changed to be lame as shit.
Release: Ki damage and punishment reduced even further, like half the enemies in all stages removed and their health reduced even further along with weakspots breaking instantly, normal damage greatly increased on enemies as some kind of compensation which just overshadows Ki system further. Elixirs made twice as fast and twice as strong. Ninjutsu and Onmyo made even stronger, Living Weapon "nerfed" by removing ability to change stance and use other stance skills because it's actually fun or something.

I've missed many other details as well but that's a sweeping generalization. All of this was done in less than a year, you simply cannot look at how Nioh is now, the path it's taken, and proclaim it's balance to be totally fine.

Ah, those guys. They're more of a handful but still something that can be dealt with. Their big size and slow swings are what you prey on, and they have a habit of charging away themselves.

That shit is easy to take care of if you use the high stance kusarigama, its designed for long range with its strong attack with throws itself several feet and clearing out crowds of enemies with its spinning blender attack. Just walk close to them in a certain distance, spinning blender, back up, repeat and you're good! Enemies and certain bosses became my bitches after mastering that weapon, those guys in that webm are a joke too.

Master the kusarigama, become stronk like Nioh.

Taking the enemies out of the Twilight boss battles killed a lot of the uniqueness of those fights as well, plus the few new moves they added were nothing and showed up in their other appearances anyway so the whole allure and threat a Twilight mission is supposed to bring isn't there at all.

No wonder, that weapon is stupidly overpowered. It's pretty telling that it was the one weapon added later on, but it's as good as or better at everything that the other weapons are meant to specialize in, the closest thing it has to a weakness (low break) doesn't even realistically exist because of it's moveset, and it has every option there is and more. And if that's not enough, it directly scales from Dexterity, so you already have points spent for Ninjutsu.

those are back in higher difficulties

That probably wouldn't work too well either. I've played as William in Warriors All-Stars, and his moveset just doesn't work out too hot against Musou/Warriors levels of enemies. Also his voice actor sounded like he wanted to die.

It's actually not? Really, I don't know what else to tell you.

Now you're nitpicking a bunch of shit you didn't like and it's supposed to be self-evidently a downgrade? A few examples, we've talked about enemy count at length, and it's by no means established this was a bad decision (except in your own mind).
And elixirs work perfectly well, you're literally the first person I've ever seen to complain about them, let alone that they break the "core balance" of the game as you claim.
The overly harsh punishment of Ki in the Alpha (inb4 "ur casul") was bullshit because it endangers safe play more than anything. That is yet another thing we've discussed months ago for several posts and in the end no one changed their mind.

I could go on and on, but there's just no way I'm going to pick apart every single point you've made here because the way things have been progressing this discussion would literally take weeks.

Yeah, no shit. But I went ahead and looked up footage of XLH fighting against those two, and he was pretty lucky because the tongue attacks missed him a few times while he was attacking. Other issues I was able to spot were the poke-and-dodge tactic (similar to that webm you posted), no skills used, and lack of attack variety except at the very end of the fight where there was only one left.
I was just playing this sub-mission now and sometimes it's hard to even fucking see because their large bodies can obstruct each other's attacks, not to mention they also attack through each other. That's exactly what I meant by this fight being annoying, and it's still one of the easier gauntlets in the grand scheme of things.
To return to the point I made earlier, this game isn't ideal to fight against groups of larger enemies, hence why a higher enemy count doesn't help matters in the slightest.

Fuck, I meant "engenders" (cause or give rise to (a feeling, situation, or condition).

I haven't seen them in Strong, but having to complete the game twice before it starts doing half of what it was supposed to do in the first place and actually offers some kind of challenge is stupid.

I'd say that's down to about 1.5 times since they thankfully relaxed the requirements for new regions in later difficulties. I'm thankful I never have to set foot in Spider Nest Castle or Iga Castle ever again.

Because I don't magically have what you want to see on hand, and no matter what you would have zeroed in immediately on what you wanted to see just like what you did. Skills are not the bread and butter of combos, them being useful even in crowd fights doesn't mean they always have to be done nonstop. I don't think you even understand the purpose of the dodges.
Seriously? If I was nitpicking I would have talked about how Combo Pulse was better on high stance and complained about them entirely forgetting about it, not talked about the fuckin base design and mechanics of the game and how they relate to each other. I explained succinctly yet exactly why each point is a downgrade except for enemy count because I already told you multiple times that it's supposed to act as a dangerous threat that demands more use of your stronger resources and actually require use of awareness and the insane mobility William has. Many moves and even weapons are built to deal with being surrounded, the game itself says this.
Jesus, even in DS3 people cry bloody murder about Estus being a bit faster compared to the previous games, but here where it's effectively FOUR TIMES as powerful as it was before it's perfectly fine and isn't a case of the balance being shot to pieces?
Nice Freudian slip, but wrong. The punishment of running out of Ki was entirely countered by Ki Pulse which consistently rewards aggressive play. Running out of Ki is something entirely caused by you, but doesn't guarantee you'll be hit heavily or die either. Now compare it to how the game is now, if you get hit from almost anything you die in two or three hits. So fair! I feel so encouraged to be aggressive!
Now this is what sounds like nitpicking, the times when he doesn't get hit are only lucky and specific scenarios in that fight that can be avoided by the player positioning well are what make fighting against groups bad. Those enemies have very clear ranges and movements, the only thing that really unfairly gets in the way is the new camera. Not to mention, a higher enemy count doesn't directly correlate to having to always fight larger groups of enemies. The levels are just ghost towns the way they are.

I can't believe I forgot that Onyudos have the perfect example of how the changes only make things feel cheaper and more bullshit in their run up sucker punch that does stupid damage for no reason despite being very quick and having good range. But mismanaging your Ki, the bar you have full control over is what's unfair.

Those stages are fun though. Wewuz's Castle is a pain in the ass though.

Not if you're an arachnophobe. Also a ;_;7 for Samurai Wewuz.

Jesus christ… Read the previous posts, at one point I said that game footage would be better at proving your points than just theorizing, then I ASKED if you could post webms. If you can't, then let it go, holy fucking shit.

Yes, it's just that, an overview. We can finally agree on someth-
Simply saying "elixirs made twice as fast and twice as strong" does NOT mean anything. Just because you throw around facts (and I'm being generous in believing you that elixirs did in fact change from the Alpha, as I've seen no proof yet, but it doesn't matter), doesn't automatically make them bad just because you label it that way using your own criteria.

You claim XYZ thing is bad, then you just run with it. You really have trouble distinguishing opinion from fact, that has been the whole issue from the start.
I'm just ignoring the rest, it just isn't worth anyone's time.

didn't mean to sage

When what you're saying is "The combat isn't designed in ANY way to work with fighting multiple enemies because I don't like the way some people do it, it's challenging and I refuse to believe skills can EVER be useful for it", what are you even expecting? Look, Iai being used to hit someone else in a group scenario, are you happy now or do I have to personally carry you through the Yokai Realm?
I missed that one in the original post, but disregarding my followup comment I would think you could put two and two together and see how that just might have an effect on things. Just maybe. Oh and as for proof, the change was from Beta to release, the old elixirs are shown multiple times in that webm already in the thread posted by the other guy. Again, try comparing how healing has changed in each of the Soulsborne games if you want some kind of analog.
Nah, I was clear from the beginning in explaining why each change that's bad is bad in the context of the game, you just ignore it and consider your opinion to be superior specifically because you ignored it.
Nah, the issue is just that you keep surpassing my expectations of how dense you can be.

lmao who are you quoting? I never said anything even remotely close to that. I said Nioh is at its best in duels, and when fighting multiple enemies at the same time (two Ryudos or two Tengus being a prime example of this, I don't just mean 3 or 4 human soldiers or other group of weaklings), the game CAN devolve into an overly defensive play style that brings it much closer to the Souls formula, probably more so than any other issue you've pointed out so far.

Well, no. That's your own presupposition and I genuinely never thought elixirs were broken.

From what I can tell from all the different version of the game, from Alpha to the current build, is that the demo versions of the game were made intentionally harder in order to give an accurate feel of how the full game would play. I don't think alpha should be taken as anything but simply a point for them to balance from. Certainly it shouldn't be treated as the true vision of the dev team that was somehow ruined.
Slower and weaker elixers don't really do anything but slow the game play down. Besides people would just use regen talismans + unlimited onmyo and later the instant cast mystic art.

Okay your arguement makes no fucking sense. Elixirs being made stronger was in response to an overall increase in enemy damage. Taking 90 hits as seen in the beta footage in
, created more of a comedic effect than a tense one because the individual hits mattered so little

Well disregarding that such a claim is reliant on personal skill level being high enough that it doesn't sway your judgement, even at it's most passive the game still has far more mobility and offense occurring than Souls, along with your example of rapid dodge attacks being more of an offensive maneuver with how quick they are. The types of attacks available, like mid stance's combo or Sword Ki, help you be more offensive in those situations, and to be honest I don't have anything more to specifically show it, but I mean come on it's a sweeping combo and an aoe with high Ki damage.
I didn't say they alone were broken (even though it's a bit overkill in my opinion), but the change highlights how the overall balance is completely discarded, which I'll get to in response to the other guy.

The changes weren't specifically to make the game just "easier" though, they changed core mechanics that dictated how the game straight up controlled and played out, so trying to say it was to give an accurate feel of how it would be just doesn't fly when that feel is almost entirely gone. I'm not sure you realise the timeframe either, or that they said themselves the changes were because of the feedback rather than them changing their mind for whatever reason.
The elixirs didn't particularly slow anything down since the fight is still going, and if you can't retreat to heal then you have no choice to fight back. Having elixirs not be so powerful means alternative healing methods are actually much more worth having.

It's comedic because we're watching it now but I guarantee the guy playing must've been bricking it. Also that looks like heavy armour which actually was very defensive back then to balance the weight. But anyway to get to the important part, my original argument was that after drastically reducing the Ki punishment and enemy health, they upped the normal damage and the efficacy of elixirs which entirely overshadows the Ki system and kills the original balance and beauty of the combat system since everything dies too fast for combos or Ki to really make an impact, both you and them. If you get hit you just run back a bit, heal and go back in or just die, when there was much more commitment in battle before that really set the game apart.

Hush you I'm lazy and playing videogames.

To be very honest the only "healing" method I used through much of the game was amrita crystals and Suzaku.

Woo.

Was that Ryu as a boss fight? Also it looks like the mothgirl is in this one.

This truly is the dark souls of japan

I just remembered, it would have been cool if we got Uroboros as a guardian spirit at some point. Maybe it's hidden somwhere in this DLC… But if not, we've still got moth waifu

Yeah, with Living Weapon's indirect buffs and everything else being made weaker, that strat became ridiculous.

Hm, I wonder if flying swallow will be there.

The durability was a good thing, trust me. In the final game getting some lucky drop with, say, 25% bonus damage + 20% wind + 17% dark damage could float you through most of the game. In the alpha, I thought the only annoying thing was that there would be so many drops of the same weapon, with just slightly different percentages/advantages, so i thought it would stop once the durability is removed.

So I don't understand why I still have to sort through 50+ weapons/armors after a single level with most being the exact same, it's fucking tedious. I can't say if the alpha was harder otherwise or not since I never made it to Nue on time, first level seemed to have a bit more of the demons around.

Is this Okami?

Anyway, Complete Edition has been announced for Japan. November 7 for digital and December 7 for physical.

The purpose of all the lesser loot was so you could offer/sell/disassemble/donate as you saw fit as well as for inheriting special effects. Checking and getting rid of it honestly takes only a few seconds too, just sorting for ability is often enough. The Alpha felt harder, but more importantly it was much more satisfying to play. There's a ton of footage around if you wanna compare though.

How to deal with loot:
Done.

archive.is/MRjzw
Finally, I can pick up this game

just japan right now, but no doubt this will be coming here too. It's what I've been waiting out on really.

good.

Soon

Fuck you!

seems unlikely

Soon

You're lying your ass off, the alpha you tripped over glue and whetstones constantly because they dropped from random breakables like barrels and the like.

What's the general consensus on Nioh? Is Tecmo going to bundle the game with the DLC for a definitive edition?

They just did.

I wish it took more from onimusha, but it is alright.

It's a good evolution of the soulslike formula. Fast and interesting gameplay, good selection of weapons and armor, fun combat and boss fights. How well you are like the story is going to depend on how much you are interested in or know about late Sengoku politics. Gets a little grindy once you get to NG+ or if you are trying to 100% the game. Gets VERY grindy if you are going after smithing texts.
USE A GUIDE FOR SMITHING TEXTS.
See

Which means that there is not much point to durability then.

Change log.
gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html

So a new spirit is the nine-tailed fox, the final difficulty is called road to Nioh, and they finally added a marker if you've been to all the springs in a mission.

Just because you have the items available to repair doesn't take away from the necessity to do so. You don't remove the ability to die because you have healing items. The speed that it went down at being actually noticeable for once means you had to be wary and it would still crop up in fights.

It all sounds pretty interesting, but Google Translate's impenetrable for this one. Hopefully they put out a real translation soon. I'm curious about that item shortcut mention, and it sounds like they might have finally readded defiled items, something they pulled from the Alpha before they even had a chance to implement it for whatever reason.

You don't need a guide for that if you want a weapon or armor that an enemy has they drop the books for their stuff. Also you can get cool masks and hats from the monster enemies.

Time to commit sudoku.

Maybe not for the more obvious things but then there's the Great Halberd text that only drops from twilight version of centipede man and some of the more obscure texts. You really do need a guide for special helms though.

Also
IT'S UP

Maybe not for the more obvious things but then there's the Great Halberd text that only drops from twilight version of centipede man and some of the more obscure texts. You really do need a guide for special helms though.

Also
IT'S UP
IT'S UP
IT'S UP

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS SITE

Did my post ever go through?

You can buy the DLC already, but not download it. It just gets stuck in this state no matter what, but that's normal.

Patch 1.18 is available, though (+7GB).

Ethereal items can fuck right off. They're a pain in the ass to grind, especially when you don't yasakani magatama to bring your shit together. Does anyone have advice for ethereal shit? I'm fucking dying and I need help.

Isn't that what the Abyss mode is now for? I have yet to try it, but from my understanding it seems like it will be the go-to place for farming the best gear in the game.

The point of that post totally flew over your head didn't it?

Not just farming.You can now turn lower level gear into ethereals by corrupting them then fighting in the abyss.But if you die during the attempt then you apparently lose them forever.Also Fox Spirit #2 gives you increased ethereal drop rate.

That's a really cool idea. Leave it to the Japanese to out-fun every Diablo-like in the past decade.

Health and durability don't work the same way at all, that's a horrible comparison.
Just because you have an item to close doors doesn't mean that windows aren't open

You Ryu-fags must be beside yourselves with glee.

But will it be a good katana? I'm just a katana fsg that really wants them to be good.

No idea, it depends on its set bonuses I guess.

It seems like it is. The set has extended i-frames, higher Ki recovery speed and attack if you use the proper sword and kusarigama, and %100 unlimited shuriken (with the downside of decreased damage).
I'm planning to ditch my whole Iga set for it, I've already got the smithing text for the outfit and the Kusa.

Now you can perform Jedi Samurai mind tricks.

Does that include the special shuriken and kunai as well or is it just for regular shuriken?

It's probably just the regular one. The set also gives you a buff to attack if you hit an enemy with Ninjutsu, I think the shuriken is included in that as well.

I forgot to mention, you also get a small chance to unlock Izuna Drop if you defeat Hayabusa.
I know what I'll doing in the next few days: making a Hayabusa build.

All these good ideals and people only rip off shit ones.

I'm complaining that more people don't rip off good shit like item world more.Just realized that I got the wrong idea across.

Item/Chara World and such is why I'd love for Koei to make a Disgaea Warriors.

Merely an analogy, you can apply it to anything similar but the point is it's not balanced solely by how many items you have. However, they're both bars that dictate your ability to keep going and fighting that are reduced based on how you fight and need to be recovered by using an item, there's plenty of parallels. I'm not entirely sure what your analogy is referring to though unless you're actually defending durability.

I've never even played Ninja Gaiden apart from the NES one and I'm hyped as shit about pic related.

The move's been in more than just Ninja Gaiden, but it's just a cool ass move in general

I may be retarded, but how do you get more cracked ochoko cups?

I was retarded. Twilight missions are where you get them.

I seem to get them from some bosses as a drop along with whichever missions may reward them, so you're not TOO retarded at least.

Do we get any of Maria's equipment? I haven't had much time to actually play yet.

Is this a general skill or a sword skill or what?

So far as I've seen (beaten all the main story missions and sub missions leading up to it, none of the sub missions unlocked after the final story mission), doesn't look like it. You don't even get a rematch with her, she literally just fucks off into a portal before the final boss fight.

This new abyss mode is neat, is there a limit to how many levels you can go down?

Is this a setup for Nioh 2? I can just immagine it now, William travels the world collecting heraldic beast from every culture.

Ryu?
Uhh, is he supposed to be in the Niohverse?

Is that Ranmaru Mori?

I'm at the fourth province now, got the game last week and the season pass, love it so far, probably over 30 hours in. How long until I can access any of the DLC?

DLCs chronologically take place after the story, so you have to beat the main game first.

I really want to play more, but I don't think Way of the Wise is any fun. I mean, even with full ethereal equipment, I die in two hits, which doesn't do any good when I have fun as a melee character who powers through attacks. Does it ever even do anything different than Way of the Demon, aside from bloating the stats on enemies?

Apparently. I guess the question is which version of him.
I was kind of hoping there was going to be some reference to Fatal Frame too. Maybe like a side mission through All Gods Village or something.

Looks like the OG version.

I know but which OG version? the NES, Arcade, and Sega version all had wildly different plots that are probably mutually incompatible.
Also I really appreciate the return of original Ryu. I never could get into new Ryu.

They end the DLC on a note of "and the adventure continues" with William staying in Japan and saying he'll be ready to take on any other foreigners who come after the amrita. Looks like there's some wiggle room for a sequel, but given that William is supposed to have died 5 years after the siege of Osaka I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Nioh 2 focused on a different character.

The real William presumably didn't have an immortality granting mermaid waifu either.

Mothgirl is a real cutie pie.

I've heard it's Jin Hayabusa, the original founder of the clan.

I've finally managed to get the entire Hayabusa set, and reforged everything to my liking.
Now, let's say I want to "upgrade" all this gear to Ethereal by defiling it and going to the Abyss, do the equipment traits stay the same, or do they get randomized?

It'll likely be randomized since Defiled items display as ??? while in the abyss.

I guess that makes better sense than it being Ryu randomly thrown back to the beginning of the Edo period. Maybe William and him can team up in Nioh 2 to prevent the Shogun of Darkness and Nostradamus from awakening Jashin and destroying the world.

I'm pretty sure they're randomized.

Damn… having to reforge equipment is a pain in the dick. I guess I'll just hold on to my current setup for as long as possible.

Actually maybe not. It looks like defiling only rerolls the ethereal set bonus.

Anyone know a good build to at least start Way of the Wise that doesn't absolutely need Ethereals or Starred stats? I'm hitting a wall with my dual blades build because I don't want to spam sotc and trying to find other builds when I don't have much of a pool of ethereals is hard

You have quite a lot of options available to you. One of the better cheap ones is a critical LW build.
5 General of Kigetsu pieces and a Fanatic piece is basically all you need in terms of drops.
Yasakani is always a must. The other accessory slot should enhance your LW.
In terms of reforging, it's mostly standard stuff. Inherit Attack on armor, get amrita earned on as much as possible, Agility on main ranged weapon, etc. Your main weapon should have the standard attack stuff (CTA, CCA,…) but also the elemental damage(Weapon) affix, so if you are using Suzaku you get 50% more fire damage. If your waepon has room, you can also put the Enemy(Scorched) or equivalent on it. I also highly recommend Tenacity on one of your armor pieces. If you are going with a fire spirit, also try to make your main ranged weapon a cannon. They can get a fire damage affix.
Get some of the self-debuffing talismans from the Onmyo tree like Leeching and Reciprocity and the basic stuff for LW builds. Standard stuff for Ninjutsu like Quick-change,…

Depending on your playstyle, your choice of spirit can change drastically so i'll just name a few. Kato and Kara-jishi for skill centric-play outside LW. Enko with Tanuki as secondary for strong attack spam. Suzaku, Hi-nezumi and Janomecho for more critical stuff. Gyokuto and Itokuri for equipment farming.
You can also use Saoirse to an extent but she's not really optimal. You could use her if you're not confident and want the amrita recovery+enemy sense. There's also Tengen if you like playing in high stance or switching constantly but you should keep in mind to not forge the elemental affixes on your weapon.

This build offers some nice protection and damage with the Kigetsu armor as long as you keep your buffs/debuffs up and it's quite flexible.

Some other cheaper builds are Odachi strong attack LW, full Kaido and the bloodstained cleaver if you can find it, full Kingo or a mix with Red demon.
If you like these types of LW Strong attack builds, keep an eye out for the "Kame-wari Shibata Kabuto" helmet. It is part of higher end LW builds if it has the Grace of Susano on it.

Hm, you know I debated doing odachi lw. Is the Bloodstained cleaver still bis or could I also do the new Odachi that has no fixed trait if I manage to get a 6 slotted version?

The best build that i could make and find actually uses the Kigetsu Odachi.

For progression purposes, the bloodstained cleaver would still be your best option but it's not really crucial.

actually yeah, quite a bit different, most enemies get new attacks, in addition to DLC enemies being in normal areas

Dork Soles audience here. PvP is shit, you're better without it.

Don't be a silly nigger

I only hit Way of the Wise as the last patch hit, so I assumed that the enemy variety was from the patch. I don't think that's enough to keep me going though, because I've actually stopped having fun at this point. It's a real shame, 'cause it's a good game, even if it's more casual than originally planned.

not really, the casualization isn't really there, well except of course if you listen to the one dumbass who thinks wasting 10 seconds every 5 minutes is a "challenge" that adds to the game

Yeah for starting LW, I was probably going to use an Ethereal Monohoshizao, though I nabbed a Taro Tachi from Tome, and that seems to have two locked traits on it, one being CTA AA- Strength and the other Nullify weakening weapons; is it worth holding on to?

I was just talking about the ki pulse thing. I liked it when you actually had to use it in the beta. Then again, you could have just backed away there too, I'm sure.

you could but it was a low stance exclusive thing

Are ninja/speed weapons that lightweight?

he's talking about dodging having the same effects as a ki pulse I think

Fuck if I know. I used an odachi for most of the game. Living weapon and ki pulse were both systems I was able to forget about, which kinda sucked.

Oh that I can get, yeah. I gotta use then when dealing with Date Shigezane because he's impossible to tank.

How boring, sorry to hear that.

Shit nigga I'm on semi-permanent spirit weapon.

I can't even tell what you're referring to which is how I know you're wrong since you would be either way.

If you mean Dodge Pulse, in Alpha that was only on low stance and felt a bit too powerful back then but it was still balanced somewhat by the Ki punishment and strength/aggressiveness of enemies meaning you had to commit to offense. In Beta they swapped that to high stance which was excellent but took Combo Pulse from high and gave it to low in exchange, which was a really bad and unnecessary idea. Then people bitched about not getting to spam dodge attacks in low stance (even though you still could but to a fair amount now) so they said fuck it balance be damned everything gets Dodge Pulse now.
Of course it doesn't matter either because what you said at the end became a lazy reality in the Beta after they added circlestrafing. Since you don't turn round when running, you very much can just back away for free which is one of the most damaging things to the combat alongside the overall overshadowing of Ki.

Does anyone know how to unlock higher than 99 stats?

Have you unlocked Way of the Nioh yet?

No, is that that what you have to do?

I don't understand this complaint. There's not a single time where I don't take advantage of Ki pulse, I can barely imagine the game without it.
There was this one run I did in the Abyss with a tank build, and one of the debuffs in the Crucible was one level lower of agility. Given that this character was already heavy, with the debuff I couldn't even Ki pulse at all, not even dodge pulse, as if that mechanic was turned off entirely and the combat became like Souls.

Can you actually prove they changed that only because people complained about it, or is this yet more speculation?

Does it matter? Every changelist specifically stated they were all made taking feedback fully into account, they all talked about relaxing Ki punishment and giving every stance Dodge Pulse is very much a method of doing that. There was also a lot of complaints about the change cited and people specifically saying they would ask for it back in the survey. If you want to nitpick so hard then it is anecdotal and just one aspect to it (and I never implied otherwise) but considering that it's in regard to changes based on survey feedback it can be related. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that they changed it.

Are you ready for the PC port announcement?

If you're playing Ninja right then you shouldn't really even be relying on skills that take ki in the first place. Unless you're a tonfa ninja that is, in which case you had best get in there close and beat up that pussy. Don't forget to demon dance.

PC port only available in the Berenstein universe I'm afraid.

In other words, you can't. But what's even funnier about this is that you've been complaining about muh Souls players supposedly impacting the surveys, yet this change (more like, they just added dodge pulse skills to all stances, doesn't even really count as a change per se, it just means not all skills were available in the demos) would have nothing to do with it. In fact, not being able to cancel out of attacks is exactly what Souls games are about.

You constantly paint this negative picture of user feedback, but you can't even make that caricature consistent. It's simply scattershot to "everyone I disagree with".

If we're going to dream about alternate realities, let's dream bigger: Nioh was developed for PC in mind, console ports came afterwards.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that Tachi sounds pretty good. AA scaling isn't common and the only way to get better scaling is to roll a starred CTA. As you may or may not have noticed, the weakening weapon debuff can really kill all your damage so anything that can help against that is pretty nice. So it might actually be worth it to use that one on occasion if you don't mind reforging it a bit. It depends on how much money/fragments/umbarcite you have and are willing to spend.

As a side-note if you ever get tired of your build i recommend trying one of the new divine sets, if you can get your hands on them. There's some silly stuff like a Bare-handed set and a drunken stone-thrower set.

Oh fuck that sounds good. I've wanted to go barehanded for awhile.

Do you think the DLC bundle will ever go on sale for christmas or something? I don't really know if the PS store offers discounts on stuff like that.

If you really require me to tell a wild story about how I caught up with Hayashi at a strip club and in between him stuffing 100 yen bills down the bra of a slutty Ayane cosplayer he explained how each individual mechanic was changed around in an attempt to make things easier or simpler then you're more naive than I thought. Never did I complain specifically about only Souls players impacting the survey, but the concept really seems to get at you though with how often you bring it up, almost like it's hitting close to home. But hell I'm a huge fan of the Souls series since Demon's Souls and understood what made this game special was it's differences and how important they were.
What? Also it wasn't just a matter of the skill not being available yet, it was entirely removed/swapped/added across the versions. But anyway, again this has nothing to do with Souls in a gameplay style sense and I didn't say that once. It's a balance consideration and a method of making stances unique. Dodge Pulse on all stances means Ki Pulse requires less thought or awareness.
Ok? What does that have to do with anything? Actually don't answer that, I get the impression you want to steer this towards something it has nothing to do with.
Nah.

Rarely.

I meant Ethereal sets

The set you're looking for is "Sukunahikona's Grace". Too bad that the bare-handed move-set is pretty limited. I went through Way of the samurai bare-handed and that got pretty hard later on. That was back in the first few patches however.
It seems they went all-out after the second DLCs subpar Ethereal sets. There's a few other ones that i can remember. There's the one that gives you luck and damage when you defeat enemies in LW, there's one that's based around Gyokuto and increasing luck when you obtain gold, there's one that increases your attack based on your luck. They also made a new
series of elemental sets that are based on the status effect a specific element has.

and you said that you weren't cancer?

Or maybe I'm using your own words.
You never said it was "only" Souls players, but to act like you weren't the one who specifically brought that up is so fucking dishonest, it's not even funny.

Which by itself doesn't prove anything. Having dodge pulse in only one stance would be completely arbitrary anyway. The main reason for this is that you can attack in one stance and dodge pulse with another. I've just tested it, I respecced an entire build, only activated dodge pulse in low stance, attacked in high stance, and lo and behold, the dodge pulse is still useable! All they did was cut the middleman so that you don't have to constantly switch stances after each attack to use dodge pulse.

If it still bothers you that much, then don't use it. Give yourself a challenge, I'm all for that.

That is what you do constantly, if it's not a specific group of people, then it's the "whiners". I suggest reading your own posts.

You never said it was "only" Souls players, but to act like you weren't the one who specifically brought that up is so fucking dishonest, it's not even funny.

Which by itself doesn't prove anything. Having dodge pulse in only one stance would be completely arbitrary anyway. The main reason for this is that you can attack in one stance and dodge pulse with another. I've just tested it, I respecced an entire build, only activated dodge pulse in low stance, attacked in high stance, and lo and behold, the dodge pulse is still useable! All they did was cut the middleman so that you don't have to constantly switch stances after each attack to use dodge pulse.

If it still bothers you that much, then don't use it. Give yourself a challenge, I'm all for that.

That is what you do constantly, if it's not a specific group of people, then it's the "whiners". I suggest reading your own posts.

Holy shit, this site is busted.

How hard has it been getting? I'm at like 150+5 gear and floor 5 is kinda intimidating. It doesn't help they threw in the special instructors from the Dojo to function as midbosses.

I'm on six right now, but I've been getting some pretty easy bosses so far. After 5 you start to get status afflictions when you enter the planes.

I have all 250 ethereal gear. Died from a single iai strike from Tachibana on 25 from full health while blocking

Man you got some severe tunnel vision. I mentioned it once as an exact reference to what you said, I didn't "act like" I didn't bring it up at all so you're inventing your own outrage, but if you read any other post, it turns out the only other times I mention Souls in any form are comments and comparisons on specific mechanics and nothing about the fanbase's reception to Nioh's Alpha. But just like I said, the only thing you can do is try to play off of something incredibly minor, disregard anything else related to it or the actual concept and go "See? See?", like some kind of child. Just like you did with my anecdotal comment and just like I said you did in the very beginning.
Gee! This game focused on indepth combat with a high skill ceiling due to having three unique stances you can swap between at any time that each offer different styles and strengths SURELY would benefit from cutting that out and homogenizing them. No shit swapping to the stance to do it works, I was literally one of the first people to discover that, but that requires actual awareness and god forbid some fucking effort from the player. It's not cutting out the middleman, it's removing interesting interplay between the stances that rewards application of skill and understanding of the system AKA WHAT THE COMBAT IS BUILT AROUND. But here you are thinking none of that shit matters since it goes over your head so just cut it out, same with everything else like movement and Ki. Are you one of those "shoryukens are artificial difficulty" retards too? You are actually a genuine fucking idiot and I have never regretted actually wasting my time with you any more than I am right now.

What are you wearing?

Sure thing, user. You totally didn't strawman anyone ever in any of your pointless rants.

The rest of your post is a real gem, though, and you're getting pretty damn emotional because the argument didn't go your way. Yeah, I'm sure what you meant by "awareness" and "thought" here was "learn how to press a couple of buttons between attacks to exploit how dodge pulse used to work".

Hell, even if I was the most charitable person on the planet (which frankly I'm not, and I think you're completely full of shit), I would still have to point out that has more to do with muscle memory than anything else, which you didn't make it clear in any way, shape or form. But go ahead and blame me for your own incompetence, whatever makes you sleep better at night, buddy.

But more damning than that is that you also mentioned balance, which is another can of worms on its own.
So even accepting your view of what constitutes "awareness" and "thought", the fact that the game can be exploited to link any attack regardless of stance to do a dodge pulse would still mean that it compromises the balance of the game, by your own admission. I'm sure you're going to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to try to get out of that one, though.
The fact of the matter is the player has to actually purchase dodge pulse skills for each stance individually, but more importantly, it has nowhere near the same effect as doing a full Ki pulse or flux, so this idea that doing a dodge pulse without needing to change stance between attacks makes the game unbalanced in any way is complete bogus.

You're free to leave any time.

He's at it again! Hahaha, thanks to continue proving my point!

Wew lad, you lost that angle from the very first post you made. You've already proven you have no credibility whatsoever from trying to use your lack of skill in the basic gameplay concepts as some kind of argument, this simply brought it into the spotlight in a repugnant climax of sheer bullheaded idiocy which deserved some attention since it's the cancer killing videogames and all.
Plus it isn't even solely muscle memory because combat situations are highly volatile and require different dodges and Ki Pulses depending on what's happening.
No? Because it requires you to use the stance system, requires timing and additional inputs, to learn it's possible in the first place, and only works from one dodge type since it's tied to one stance? This is why I keep telling you not to be so single minded, you pull your own miniature assumptions out of your ass and pretend it makes you look smart when it just makes it even more obvious that you don't know what you're talking about in regards to the game. But sure, call it an exploit when it's exactly the kind of thing the combat is built on as seen with Flux and stances straight up being different by design. Oh and by the way, Dodge Pulse and Combo Pulse originally wasn't even a skill and they both very much can be Perfect Pulses if you have the timing for it, but them being unlockable doesn't change they're unlockable for all three, and "j-just ignore it" is no argument at all.
And here we go again, this is one change alongside several others that are cumulative in skewing the balance and depth of the game to be easier, simpler and less satisfying overall.
Naaaaah, I'm here to talk about Nioh. But you keep getting butthurt and replying to my posts where I'm not even addressing you (>>13489425) because of some self-warranted ego trip ironically so it sure is cute how you're trying to pull that card now.
If you ever even had a point you wouldn't know what to do with it.

Why does Izuna suck so much?

Because it's meant to be dropped.

IT CAN'T EVEN PREFORM IT'S SIGNATURE MOVE WHEN WILLIAM USES IT AND IT ONLY HITS FOR ABOUT 100 DAMAGE!
Who thought this was acceptable?
It even got cucked out of being the only fox spirit by a nine tails. Why must Mitsunari continue to suffer?

Yes, you've proved yourself to be a mentally stable individual. I can see that.

Nigga, your whole presence in these threads is perpetual butthurt. You're worshiping a dead version of the game that we'll never see again. You spent the vast majority of your posts complaining about that, and I don't know what world do you live in where people go on endless rants without being questioned.

And? Dodge pulse in all 3 stances still doesn't change any of that. Just because you can dodge pulse with a roll in high stance doesn't mean it's the best tool for the situation. So your complaints about homogeneity flow right out the window, because there are plenty of things that make each stance unique other than that particular feature.
All these skills do is save you a bit of Ki while dodging, and ultimately remove unnecessary fiddling with the controller (and no, none of this is remotely comparable to fighting game inputs). Hell, I was even wrong in my assumption that these skills shortened the time needed to cancel out of attacks, they actually don't seem to do that, so they have even less of an impact than I originally thought.

Not to mention you can save those skill points to spend on more worthwhile abilities, so there's a trade-off to consider there. Nothing about that is unbalanced or dumbs down the game. If KT actually was careful about that, they would have put more restrictions into level/stat caps and cut down on astronomical damage values the player can do, those are by far the most glaring issues with regards to balancing in this game.

Are you talking about the new Izuna Drop skill or the guardian spirit?

The guardian spirit. It is easily the worst spirit of the entire bunch.

They really did kinda drop the ball on guardian spirits. I hope they're more unique and specialized in the next game. Maybe they could have signature moves locked behind a higher spirit score or something.

My biggest problem is that it's so difficult for me to move away from using Suzaku. Resurrection + long use time + resistance to being dispelled + amrita gain + a powerful summon attack means that it is just a beast in battle.

Yeah. Switching off of Suzaku was a bitch. Ninja and Onmyo really only have one option each too. Sure. Genbu and the rabbit are there, but the bat and the rat are too useful if you're heavilly invested in ninjutsu or magic.

I didn't remember what Izuna even does and i still have no idea what it's purpose is besides being bad. It just looks like they decided it's skills and stats by RNG and it got really unlucky.

I hope they also split around the spirit types a bit more between the elements. Every offensive type being fire and defensive type being either water or earth is a pretty bad idea in a game that's about killing things quickly. It's also pretty stupid that Kato is one, if not the, best spirit in the game and you can just start with him.

>That double finishing blow with Yukimura
>That Chacha and Yukimura death scene

Sorry that typing words frightens you or something.
If a post with more than a few lines in it is a rant to you then you might want to stop posting.
Except it very much could be because of the Dodge Pulse if that is the only one that can do it. The roll by default has little going for it compared to the other dodges, giving it Dodge Pulse means it has it's own unique edge and decision making becomes more interesting.
Literally homogenization. If your only defense against is it "I did not speak out"-tier then you're not defending anything.
Do you know what a Ki Pulse even does? Dodge Pulse works exactly the same way, the only difference is you're dodging, so instead of Flux you can go right back on the attack. And no, that's not an adequate balancing replacement for it being on all stances because it's not a replacement at all, it always worked like that and still leaves the stances less unique.
Please stop.
Similar concept. It's easier than them though.
Are you serious with this? Maybe if you didn't level up a single time such a trade-off would exist, but even then there's locks and Proficiency, with levels you're practically drowning in Samurai points. For 9 points you can get Dodge Pulse on all stances (with cost going from 5 to 3 to 1 per stance and not counting the 1 point each for the 3 skills prior since you want them for others anyway). 9 points total for a skill that's comparable to Flux in utility and strength while being easier to activate. There is no trade-off here. Removing the need to consider what stance you're in or any execution requirement for using a skill, with no mechanic or design in it's stead, is the exact definition of dumbing down.
I absolutely agree, and what do you know, one of the biggest changes made from Alpha to Beta to release was constant nerfs to enemy health and buffs to William's damage potential through Ki punishment nerfs and the removal of Durability.

Izuna has Amrita on strong attack, Amrita earned, CCA Ki reduction, Wind damage and really fast life recovery after Living Weapon. Honestly I kinda like it, the attack is shitty and I have no idea why it does so little damage but it can still trigger the status fairly well and covers a wide range, and the Amrita on attack is fun with Movement Speed on Amrita Absorption. It's pretty "gotta unsheathe fast" in general with it's passives.

Yeah, the amrita on strong attacks seemed the most unique. It didn't really register for me since i play with extraction talisman all the time.

Izunas passives really don't warrant it's terrible stats. The only thing decent about them are the A- in Action and the mediocre element, time and might.
If you look at another pretty bad spirit like Saoirse, you can atleast see the gimmicks and understand why someone would use her. I think, like you said, Izunas best use is for hit-and-run tactics.

It doesn't, and yet again you're putting too much stake in dodge pulse as being some kind of game changer. The roll actually makes it easier at dodging certain AoEs than the quick evade does.

If you're going to get this autistic about muh homogenization, you should take that concept way, way farther than what the earlier versions of Nioh did to begin with. As it stands, each stance does basically the same thing: aside from a slight variation in skills, you can block, attack and dodge with all three of them. Styles in DMC4 for example have radically different purposes and are way more distinct than what Nioh ever accomplished with stances. Compared to that, this much discussion on a tiny mechanic is like splitting hairs. You're not even taking your ideas deep enough.

I guess KT should have balanced character stats and bonuses better, then. Less skill points earned per stat. Wow, so hard.

no u

Nice try, but piggybacking on my point to hamfist muh durability in there makes you look like a try-hard.

why do chinks have this immense pride in hacking their way on video game leaderboards

Is there even such a thing as a legitmate online leaderboard? I just assumed every single one gets hacked at some point or another.

I managed to legitimately get to the top of my clan for a little while. Felt pretty good.

THE FUCKING DRAGON SWORD GLOWS WHEN YOU EQUIP THE FULL SET

It's an invincible immediate Ki Pulse. How could you ever think it wasn't?
Nevermind, your old defense was fuckin invincible compared to this one. And no, stances don't all do the same thing. At all. It's quite obvious really.
They already did. It was called having it unique to one stance and dodge type.
Again with the pidgeonholing…

YOU ARE THE LAST DRAGON, YOU POSSES THE POWER OF THE GLOW

I feel like the Amrita earning somewhat makes up for the lower stats with a much more consistent Living Weapon in theory, and the heal does recover a whole lot overall, but nothing really excuses how pathetically weak the attack is, even if you happen to land all three Izunas. It can cause a knockdown though which can be real nice, but it feels really inconsistent with it and I don't fully understand it.
Despite that I just find myself coming back to it often. I can never decide on a Spirit to stick with and that's the closest to what I want to do along with an attack that sort of works and a pretty cool pairing with Kara-jishi. A lot of them either only have an attack I like, only have some passives I like, or are just really strong and blander for it.

Everyone does it. I remember when the Pantheon in Demon's Souls was actually usable to see the most accomplished Slayers of Demon's. Now it's all just 999999999999 souls in each slot and whatnot.

Holy shit this game came out? Last I remember everyone was hyping the demo and now a 3rd dlc is coming out? Fucking hell I can't take it anymore, time has lost all meaning or something profound ya-da ya-da

Welcome to February. Enjoy your stay? I'm sure the complete edition they announced for Japan will come westward soon, so maybe wait a bit longer for it. Also that's third paid DLC, there was also free DLC.

Both Mizuchi and Daiba-washi are great for knocking down stubborn humans that like to block all your attacks. And surprisingly I've got a lot of good use out of Itokuri. Not as useless of a spirit as it first might seem. Narikama Tanuki's attack is just fucking funny.

It's been out since early this year. It's now completely out DLC's and all.
If you've waited this long you might as well and wait a little longer for the complete edition. You might save some money.

Technically it'll just be the same as the Deluxe Edition so there's not really any need to wait on it to arrive when it's already here in a sense. It just depends on what the price of the complete edition might be.

Daiba-washi and Mizuchi are actually two of my other favourite spirits, I like a few of their passives and the attacks are awesome, especially Daiba-washi's launcher. Itokuri is so unique I've never really thought of it as being bad, the innate Paralysis is cool as a concept and I'd love to see something based around the Familiarity Bonus and Soul Release talismans or maybe the new buff. The Tanuki smash is too damn good, on a related note I really like how it synergizes with the Tokugawa clan bonus, rather than just doing the same thing, the combination of life recovery when at critical and chance to survive when out of it is clever. A lot of the spirits, clans and sets are like that.

In which you're left with less Ki than doing a stationary Ki pulse, which from there you can also do Flux or Flash Attack. Simply dodging haphazardly is not always a good thing because enemies can catch you at the end of the invulnerability window.

OR, if there were less skill points, and bigger restrictions on stats and the like, the player would have harder choices to make in what abilities to purchase. That would fix this, uh, "problem" I guess, along with much bigger ones. It beats removing a choice from the game entirely.

Again, nice try.

At this point, it's safe to say we've got nowhere with this. Plus, I have shit to do, so I'll just leave it there. Knock yourself out.

meant for

The only Ki cost is the cost of the dodge itself, which is so minor as to be negligible in comparison even with C agility and in high stance. Standard Ki Pulses have an animation and Flux takes time and stance awareness to do, with both leaving you in place. Dodging badly is far less likely assuming you already know how to dodge, and gives distance on top of that.
And no, stances don't basically all do the same thing*
Having less skill points would not matter because only a fool would pass up the opportunity to regain Ki while dodging.
That is what having Dodge Pulse available on all stances does. It removes the choice from gameplay because every stance can just do it anyway, so you have less meaningful decision making to make in combat and a complete no-brainer in skill choice. Or by having far less skill points you can stifle creativity by limiting the availability of actually unique skills for the sake of nothing.
Sounds triggered to me. It's not even difficult to understand. When a weapon's durability is lowered, your damage is decreased.
You thought this took energy.

Does anyone know if the amount of ki consumption matters in LW?
I'm using Tonfas and in LW they have trouble breaking through the guard of humans. I was thinking of either using Ki reduction or break/Ki damage but i'm not sure which is better for this purpose. I have Parry disabled on my weapon so my only issue is running out of LW whilst pummeling a blocking person.

Does an extraction talisman give you amrita if you hit a blocking opponent when you have pierce guard? That would also solve my problem.

Now this is an interesting armor set.
Also take a look at that spear.

I think extraction works as long as you actually get an actual hit including pierced guard. You might want to forge extraction to your equipment as well to boost the effect. You are also using Pleiades too aren't you?

Just tested it and you are correct. I've been using pleiades, i also have bonus attack and amrita gauge when i absorb amrita. Most of the slots on my armor are all in use so not sure if i can arrange anything else. I've only recently started using LW so a lot of this is new to me.
The Tosa armor is quite a nice addition since it allows for non-standard skill spam builds. Do blinded enemies just attack and move in random directions?

the drop rate on the izuna drop is killing me.

Oh shit I just found a piece of an armor set that makes all Guardians act like Suzaku. I think it's called the Last Great something or another. The set doesn't include a weapon so you can use whatever you want.

They attack in your last "known" direction. They still have some tracking but if you dodge around a blinded enemy they'll have a hard time keeping up with you. Since that's a fire spear you could probably swap that into a Red Demon build instead of it's normal spear.

Also unless if you are using the dragon tonfa you could try putting paralysis on it or keep the paralysis ninjutsu prepared. Some human enemies are going to block worse than others, dual sword and kama users are the worst.

A blinding/scorching build would be pretty neat. You could use two kagutsuchi ranged weapons to enhance it even further.

I'm using reforged Ueekata's tonfa and Mothgirl.
I actually use the ninjutsu paralysis stuff on occasion. Later on, certain enemies get loads of resistance against status effects. I remember Floor 28 Tachibana taking nearly 4 Medusa powders before he got stunned once. I mostly use it for Marobashi farming.

The only other thing I can think of for the weapons themselves is reforging and wearing accessories for a high percentage guard break. Beyond that just level up Mothgirl as high as you can and make sure to put your prestige points into living weapon.

>tfw no ginchiyo

I had no idea that the black and white fox masks had smithing texts. I thought the mages only dropped the masks themselves.

I think pretty much every headgear has a text except for that JP DLC helmet.

Most of the dev revenat kabutos don't have texts but that might have changed with the abyss. Nue mask doesn't either. I wish they all did. At least you can upgrade you equipment by defiling now.
I think they actually do have texts but we just cant get them here.

WHY DIDN'T YOU CAP IT?
I TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN AFTER ALL THE DLC WAS RELEASED
I DID IT FOR MONTHS

Pleasant surprise since I didn't buy any of the DLC.

The PC port announcement thread is cancer, not that that wasn't expected.

Expecting anything else would be surprising

Fuck, I figured a lot of the headgears had texts, it would be great if there was a place that had a repository of knowledge for the game since like mentions the wiki is still behind. Most of what I know about it comes from either here or from what I've found playing.

store.steampowered.com/app/485510/
Did any tecmo koei games have denuvo before?

Only their Dragon Quest Heroes games, but thats a license by Squeenix who uses that garbage on all their games.
Everything else doesn't have it

Those digits can't lie.
Seems like day1 buy then.

Fucking hell that was the fastest NEVER EVER I've ever seen.

FUCK YOU, MARK YOU FAT JEW

There are actually two threads. This one which has been up for days, and the other one talking about the PC release. He should have directed to that other thread, but you are still a faggot for making a thread without looking at the catalog. Assuming that was you anyway.

Oh please nigger the game being never ever status is worth another thread especially since you niggers been gloating over your exclusive.

just when I was thinking I would finally break down and buy a PS4

Nice to see more people will be able to play the game. Pretty curious what mods will come about although it's more likely anything coming from this release will just be lewd stuff with the models.

You are a faggot.

This shit has to stop somewhere you know, it doesn't matter who. This thread alone already had people begging for a port and shitting on it for not being on PC, and hurr never ever gonna play it, it's not like it's only from one end either. You could always just be excited to play a new game and for people that get to play it, and talk about said game.

Honestly you'd probably end up having to play it on PS4 because I have a feeling the port is gonna be horse shit

I already have the game, I just find this shitposting pointless and a waste of time that only ruins threads. I don't know how the port will end up though, apparently KT aren't known for great ports but I heard Warriors Allstars was alright and people might fix it if necessary.

Could be more a time-travelling Joe Hayabushi.