New Duke Controller

Not a duke nukem but a new revision of the duke controller, the first xbox controller.

archive.fo/q6uWZ

finally a product microsoft fans have been demanding almost as much as the win10 telemetry

Playing the OG Xbox intro screen on the controller is cool as fuck.
But still, what is the point of this controller? Is it just to serve as a replacement for old, broken controllers so that collectors can keep using their old Xbox consoles?

It will work on the current console/PC platforms.

Will the huge screen have some usage besides flashing the xbox logo? I would like to see someone hack it to give it some utility for games.

That square display looks nasty as fuck to be honest

Some people have big hands, and thus like big controllers.

That is VEEEERRRRrrryyy cool. Back before I had the Xbox, I thought that the controller did have a screen on it based on that huge circle in the middle. I won't buy one, but I'm impressed.

That's how it's supposed to look.

the screen only has green leds, so all they need to do is put some red leds in there and it should look a lot better.

what like a hud or minigames like the dreamcast? not a million years

Who the fuck cares if all x86 PC platforms are shit and backdoored?
If it wont work on my Sun Ultra 25 or my Power Mac G5 I'm not buying.
And make sure you niggers buy that Talos II.

Oh man, i have got to get one. I love the old duke controller cause my hands are way too fucking big. I hope it has shoulder buttons.

I believe some autists could probably hack a HUD and maybe even stuff like minimaps or get doom running on it.
Otherwise i think it at least will be the best choice for emulating N64 and Saturn controls.

now there's a big boy. wonder if he could compete with duke from bad dragon :3c

STOP

Already made that joke, stoopid

Who says it was a joke, user?

Fun Fact: The reason why WhitePowerPC was eliminated from the market had nothing to do with it being a poor comparison, actually its far superior in every way to Intel's instructions, its main reason why the (((industry))) stopped buying it was because of IBM's involvement in the supposed "Holocaust". That's why no console of this generation will use PPC or ever again, never again.

I can emulate PS1 games on my PPC mac mini, from OSX, I have installed Linux on my G5 Power Mac but can't get fucking X server to work off its GPU. Last summer I started writing my own OS for it so I'd have more control querying the hardware.

Sucks ass. I'm glad POWER can still cling on in the TOP500 lists today, but it's not going to last unless if we shill hard for Talos II.
I could even take a MIPS, SPARC, or Alpha workstation, just build it on an ATX platform and make it modern enough.
WHITEPOWER9

you are so retarded it is fucking astonishing. "far superior to Intel's instructions" doesn't even make sense. IBM manufactured weapons for the Americans during WWII and the Hollerith system was licensed from IBM before the war and upgraded by the Germans, not by IBM.what a load of shit. I'm a white person from a particularly backward part of texas and even I think you're a goddamn disgrace.

Shame that he didnt improve the d-pad but I really liked the duke. Maybe ill get one for the pc if my 360 controller dies and the duke isnt like 100 bucks.

That boot up screen on the controller is sexy. To bad it's only a light. I'd like for controller HUD screens to come back someday.

Tbh i dont like all these lights and extra features on controllers. The touchpad on the DS4 is never used. I want a low cost high quality controller that is just a controller and nothing more. I want my clicky buttons and vita-like dpad.

It's to remind people of when xbox was "cool", at least to them. It's the kind of thing old, out of touch people think will get an ailing brand's mojo back.

That's a pretty impressive fuck up, more so given that the analogues are obvious: The one with the impression for the thumb is meant for movement and the one with the more rounded shape is meant for camera. If they make them all like that I'm going to laugh my ass off.

dohoho, as a 1488er assembly programmer from the '90s, you're full of shit, kid. VMX was nicer than the hot garbage that was SSE, but it came right as doing that kind of processing on the CPU started its nose dive to irrelevancy. While AVX2 today is much nicer than anything out there, I have no idea who uses it outside of some really basic use in system libraries. Everything I used to use vector extensions for is either now hardware accelerated, done on a GPU, or purposefully done on the slow path for security reasons. And everything other than VMX on PowerPC was worthless.

Oh boy, I can't wait until those little memelords who never actually used one take the bait and buy it, only to discover what a disgusting piece of shit the duke actually is compared to modern gamepads. You're all shitting your pants over how great it's going to be, and as soon as it's out, and public opinion turns, all of you shiteaters will pretend you were actually against it the entire time, and that you just knew it was going to be shit.

Feel free to cap this to rub it in later, because I've never been wrong about this shit.

>(((intel))) shills being this butthurt
my ring -2 rootkits bring all the boys to the yard~

Which one is the bazinga button?

There's a reason why x86 microcode translates to RISC hardware. PPC already is hardware RISC, no crazy microcode to make it seem like it actually isn't, and thus no hidden surprises, most of the SSE instructions are just switches into its underlying multi-port architecture. Like I said PPC isn't coming back, also PPC isn't being as heavily as Intel's so some of the pipeline has lagged behind it but theoretically it is far superior if you can handle its power level. Anyway enjoy your Israeli developed CPU, trust the Jew goy.

Even the m68k was a WAYY better CISC. Why do these people go with the company that was one of the first to have a fab in Israel?
Fun Fact: the 8088 was designed in Hadera, Israel.

user confirmed to have tiny girl hands instead of huge manly hands.

this saddens me.

I'm not sure what you mean user
But aside from being the most ergonomic modern gamepad, the controller S has the best triggers and the best and most precise analogs ever made. It's the only controller I ever used that I found actually good for first person shooters.
The d-pad, while not great it's still better than any non-Nintendo controller that came after it.

Give me the duke with the S d-pad, maybe with the shade buttons on the bottom like the S too but keep every other element, the good sticks and the oval buttons.

Tell me more.

nice meme

Holy fuck, why not just make the goddamned VMU instead of breaking a perfectly good Sega Dreamcast controller.

Also… speaking of Microsoft, are they intentionally fucking the performance of Forza 7 on the PC just to make the Xbox One X look a little less pathetic? I heard something interesting about it, and decided to check for myself and sure enough… it's pretty much running on one fucking core.

No wonder the recommended specs are so goddamned bloated.

Guess this is the best place to ask, does anyone have that Xbox mod guide image? I have my Xbox softmodded and need to see the instructions on how to replace the internal HDD with a bigger one.

wtf i love ibm now

disgusting