Aceu Combata Sevun

N-NANI?! KANSEI DORIFTO

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201709/21142345.html
4gamer.net/games/369/G036985/20170925093/
useatoday.blogspot.com
encycstra.net/blog/tgs-2017-4gamer-interview-summary
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Assassin's Creed looks better and better.

What the fuck are you talking about user?
This is an Armored Core thread

Pretty sure that this is about Ancient Civilization.

Well that looks fucking stupid.

They're supposedly making post stall maneuvering incredibly tricky to do in game. Project Aces are really trying to get away from DFM in ACAH

It's going to be a dodge button isn't it?
I'm sure that it's going to be a dodge button.

They better not fuck it up.

Look at the airspeed of the planes. You'd make yourself a sitting suck

pretty crazy they've been making the same game for 20 years with better graphics. still nothing can beat air combat 3

< < Man, there's sure a lot of nuggets in this thread. > >

Seems like it's something you have to pull of manually. I don't see a bar building up like the Maneuver system, and no indicators like DFM.

Plus the biggest tell to me is seeing that you have to reposition yourself after the maneuver. You don't end up right behind them, you have to control the plane.

It seems Kono was interviewed and commented on how it works. I threw it in a nipponese translator so there might be some mistakes famitsu.com/news/201709/21142345.html

Interviewer
Kono

Oh, thank God.
Ace Combat + cuhrayzee when?

Ridge Racer segment when?

I'll fucking fight you mate.

Go dance with the angels mister!

???
It was cheesy as fuck. And that's not a bad thing.

Fantastic

The correct pronunciation is "Ēsu Konbatto," you baka gaijin.

What is best girl watching Aces?

ACE COMBAT 7: DORIFTO UNKNOWN

GOTY 2018

calling it now

What the hell is "nani"

and proud of it. now, what does it mean

:D

Please lurk moar

What

Nani the hell is "what"

You might just be retarded too.

How's your first day on Holla Forums?

It means "what" in Japanese. It's an anime cliché that, when something cool or unexpected or embarrassing happens, there will usually be accompanied by one or more characters saying, "N-nani?!" or some variation thereof.

I doubt it, but I think they are setting her up to be a villain.

*it will usually be accompanied

Don't spoon-feed the retarded newfags.

This can only end well.

Anyone got the video the guy playing ac0 with a pilot suit? Can't find it on youtube.

Me and my dad are so fucking excited for this game

Reminder that you should play this game if you haven't already

Something i just realized, the ravine in the AC7 trailer looks like Gnome Ravine from AC4, it's even foggy and rainy on it on AC4 too.

Well there goes all the hopes I had for AC.

Thank god. This is shaping up to be a success story where the devs learn from their mistakes and make a better game.

AC7 has drones, lasers, and space elevators. But it isn't set as far in the future as 3.

You do know that post-stall maneuvers are a real thing right? Fuck me they even had the yellows in AC04 use them occasionally.

You clearly have to maneuver right and decelerate right to be able to stall effectively to pull this off.

Even Ace Combat 2 had Sukhois using the cobra.

Any news on release date on TGS?

What about Strike Suit games?

No, TGS was mediocre as fuck

I have it on my laptop. I'll post it once I get home. (Should be in about five hours.)

It would be shit. You can't bank in space, since there's no air friction.

The game doesn't have to be realistic, you can use Star Wars physics to make your spacecraft do maneuvers.

This one?

TUNNEL MISSION CONFIRMED
Apparently it's gonna be a hard one.
4gamer.net/games/369/G036985/20170925093/

Or you could actually innovate and design new mechanics which realistically visualize how space battles might play out.

Sorry for the doublepost but here's a quick rundown of the main things revealed in this interview:

Faggot, real men play in cockpit view only.

Sorry for the doublepost but here's a quick rundown of the main things revealed in this interview:

redpill me on this one:

why is doing star fox U-turns and pressing X for homing missile fun?

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT THIS SITE AND THE MOBILE APP NEEDS TO FIX THEIR FUCKING CODE

Also I have to add that the UAV apparently isn't a big baddie, just another advanced drone that you'll be shooting down by the hundreds.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT THIS WEBSITE AND THE MOBILE APP NEEDS TO FIX THEIR FUCKING CODE

I think the original had sound, but this works.

Thanks

Also here's a video for those of you who can understand Jap where the devs confirm that only a few aircraft are supermaneuverable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Try one of the holy trinity games (4, 5, or Zero) user. There are no "Star Fox u-turns" in these games. What you're seeing in this trailer are kulbit and Pugachev's cobra maneuvers. These are real-life maneuvers that have to be manually input by the player to work, unlike the single-button presses of other games. These games are fun because the dogfights tend to be very intense and you can approach them in any way you want. If you wanna be a tryhard faggot and go guns-only you can, and even with the missiles your timing has to be good or they'll miss.

At least my suffering can bring joy to others.

Also here's a video for those of you who can understand Jap where the devs confirm that only a few aircraft are supermaneuverable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Try one of the holy trinity games (4, 5, or Zero) user. There are no "Star Fox u-turns" in these games. What you're seeing in this trailer are kulbit and Pugachev's cobra maneuvers. These are real-life maneuvers that have to be manually input by the player to work, unlike the single-button presses of other games. These games are fun because the dogfights tend to be very intense and you can approach them in any way you want. If you wanna be a tryhard faggot and go guns-only you can, and even with the missiles your timing has to be good or they'll miss.

At least my suffering can bring joy to others.

i'm not sure why this is so funny to me

don't get me wrong, i love you bro

I think the original had sound, but this works.

Thanks

For the retards in this thread.

How is joint assault shit?

HUD view is best view, but I can understand pairing cockpit view with LARPing like that.

It's not shit, it's just below average. The main issues are the stupid "enhanced combat view" that completely warps your perception of enemy distance and movement speed, it makes them all feel slow and constantly changing in size like some kind of cosmic joke. Also the real world setting sucks and is completely uninteresting compared to Strangereal. I'd still play it over the utter trash that is Assault Horizon, Advance, or Northern Wings.

Oh, and Assault Horizon Legacy uses the same "enhanced combat view" which was disappointing to see, but at least it's a cool remake of AC2.

I want to play these games in release order, so are there any titles that I should absolutely skip and what's the difference between the two AC3 version?
Playing it in Japanese isn't going to be a problem, but I want to know how the same game changed so much.

Playing in release order isn't a bad idea, but if you are the kind of person that gets burned out when playing a series back to back you might not enjoy the best games in the series (4/5/0) as much as you would have if you had just let them be your first time. Plus, AC4 is the start of a new universe, and 1/2/3 are retconned into it, so playing them isn't very important story-wise.

The Jap version of 3 is a two disc game with multiple branching storyline paths, this was stripped out for the other releases and made into a linear game on one disc. There was a fan translation completed in December that you can use on an emulator. useatoday.blogspot.com

difference between the international and JP version is about half a game in short, project nemo mentioned by user is the best choice.

Maybe I'm not remembering 4 correctly, but I remember it being very mildly cheesy, while 5 was of moderate cheese.

Yeah honestly that chart is dumb, AC5 really puts on the cheese for sure.

I see.
So I wouldn't be missing much if I skipped the first 3.
That said, AC3 still sounds like it would be interesting and it's not like I have to play them one after another without ever taking a break.

Thanks.

Oh one more time, if you start with Air Combat then switch the control scheme to "expert" in the main menu before you start playing, as this will give you the full control scheme that the later games default to.

One more thing*
Autocorrect

I'd say that you should play 2 and 3. Air combat is can be entirely skipped. 2 is great for finding out the basics, and 3 while being set way in the future is really damn good and has some really unique missions. really you should play JP 3

user start with 4 tbh, then if you like it you can go about the rest of the series

Duly noted.

That was my initial plan, but I felt like I'd have a hard time getting into the PS1 games afterwards, so I changed my mind.

"It's not that deep, fam" - Kazutoki Kono
This article has some of the points from the interview in your post. So we don't need to understand moon runes
encycstra.net/blog/tgs-2017-4gamer-interview-summary

Dumb Torpedo.

it's shit

Area 88 AC spinoff game never ever

The PS2 trilogy is so srs business that it laps over into dangerously cheesy

You can spin around freely though. That's why mobile suits have limbs.

there is a single mission in 3 that takes place in space. That's it though. All you do is shoot down satellites iirc.

They have limbs because they're supposed to look humanoid, so the Gundam can serve as a personal extension of the pilot in the psychology of the viewer.
Having limbs doesn't enable a spacecraft to turn more easily.

Why is there no good Strike Witches Action-RPG yet?

Fuck your weebshit.

Yes that's the point, checkmate planefuckers.

Looks like not only the maneuvers are hard to pull off, it makes you easy to shoot at while slowing down

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

[wild applause]

What do you guys think of these photoshops I did?

That's not how shit works, commie.

breddy gud/10

Updated the yuke photo with slightly darker roundels. They blend in better now.

thanx fam