Tfw FF16 will not come out till the PS5 does, and not in its launch year

Tfw FF16 will not come out till the PS5 does, and not in its launch year

So how many years into the PS5 gen do you think FF16 will appear? i'm guessing mid lifecycle sometime in the 2020's.

Remember the late 90's when we got a new one like every 18 months and 8's level scaling was the worse the brand ever got?

It was a simple time, a better time. Point is: Fuck FFXIV.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/KAv84
archive.is/jbtna
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they can fuck right off

Sony already said the PS5 probably won't be a thing, and Microsoft will probably kill the Xbox entirely

archive.fo/KAv84
It's never going to get any better

Square Enix has stated they have already begun work on their first Playstation 5 title internally.

This is a good thing, let Squenix spin their wheels with remakes while they try to figure out how to produce FF games normally again.

Why the fuck do you want another Final Fantasy you cuckmaster?

FF15 is quite possibly the single most overproduced game ever made. It doesn't seem like a single penny spent on the game actually made it any better.

That seems like the design philosophy of most modern games.

Because the unknown contains the possibility of good things as long as teams do not remain constant faggatoni

Not as long as there's a Squeenix logo on it.

Yeah, because Squeenix isn't going to hire useless faggots if they don't use the current team.
Dumb fuck

the only good FF games are 7-8-9 anything after 9 is complete shit anything before 7 is irrelevant

You sure you got that roman numeral correct, son?

At-least the wait isn't going to hurt anymore. I'm not anywhere near as excited for new Final Fantasies as I used to be.

I kinda liked the combat in X, X-2, and XII even though the stories sucked.

I just want a nice comfy aesthetic MMO treadmill experience without paying for it.

I hear XI has a semiactive private server that goes up to Wings of the Goddess. I don't know the name though so you will have to dig around for it.
XIV is in a weird place right now. You can tell the writers want to write more FF 1-6 tier stories but the higher ups seem to want to push Dissidia and is shoehorning in past FF characters in the world while shitting on the lore of the game itself.

anyone who pays attention to computer hardare knows its nearly guarnateed that sony and microsoft are just going to go to AMD for another mobile APU. this time based on the ZEN CPU architecture and either vega or navi GPU architecture depending on release date.

I remember them saying that the next playstation would be a streaming device for games and not console meaning no PS5
And Xbox is doing so shit I'd say Microsoft is about to axe them

Final Fantasy has been garbage since 2001 with the tenth game.

Oh my god who the fuck cares

>Microsoft makes their exclusive series exclusive to these PCs, final nail in the coffin because these PCs are shoddily built and have a 55% failure rate :^)

I would be perfectly fine with this, but only if japs stop coding like fucking japs and tying things like framerate to system clock making BC a clusterfuck and allowing future hardware revisions with higher clock speeds to natively and naturally increase framerate as god intended.

Eventually, they will break the original version's compatibility with new games and force an upgrade to the new, updated console that will still play all the old games. Just like what happened with new 3DS getting exclusives that don't run on the original hardware. Except on a much larger scale.

You mean like they've been doing since at least the N64 with the expansion pack? But why do that when goyim will gladly cough up another $500 for an entirely new console?

Final fantasy 16 will be the final final fantasy it will play like kingdom hearts and will last hit killing final fantasy for good

is that the failure rate of the surface not-laptops by chance?

just kill your self mang

Well yeah, that's I want. Upgraded version that plays exclusive games that take full advantage of the new hardware, instead of PissPoor Pro's dumb thing where you play the same games at maybe 60fps and maybe 1440p

That's the failure rate of launch window Xbox 360s

I vaguely wonder if this shit would have happened if they hadnt kicked nomura off 15

it might have been even worse

But it doesn't really work that way in the west. For some reason, Japanese gamers are more likely to buy new versions of hardware, while the west is not. This is why, despite there being newer and newer iterations of the PSP, only one game really had significant features that you could only use on the newer versions, which was Final Fantasy Type Zero. Western console buyers want a retard-proof one and done solution that just werkz, and really, if there's any reason to buy a console, that's it. Which is strange, considering the opposite attitude exists here for smart phones. Maybe Sony has just yet to make the PlayStation a social status symbols like the iPhone. Holy fuck, please never let this happen.

How can one person be so wrong?

Well, the west actually wants significant improvement out of upgrades. A Burger sees that the PissPoor Pro only does up to native 1440p and for most games doesn't even bring up the framerate to 60fps. So you're average burger sees that and says "Even if I traded in my PS4 for one of these I'd probably still be shelling out like $300. And why should I shell out $300 for such an insignificant improvement?"
What a device like the Switch needs is to use the latest Tegra chip every 5ish years in it's new model. It needs to be as big of a jump from DS to 3DS every time. Considering that the newest Tegras are capable of native 4K gaming(albeit only playable in toaster games), I'd say that when the next Switch comes out we're probably looking at a huge leap

If they opened settings up more on consoles I don't see why not, lots of games can run modestly on a toaster PC while looking great on a higher end one.

archive.is/jbtna

How come Nomura still has a job? Is he the boytoy of the CEO?

12 was better then 10, and the only reason anyone truly hates on 15 is because of Cindy's bodacious body.

There's way better rpg franchises out there, this franchise being so popular is only because FF7 was the first JRPG to be heavily marketed to the western crowd, that and graphics whore jerking themselves on the cinematics
All style and no substance