Games that don't take themselves seriously

Lately I've found that I've only been able to enjoy games that are silly, self-aware and aren't serious business. Something about some well-placed silliness, or lack thereof, can make or break a game for me. It doesn't have to be laugh out loud funny, but a little pun or 4th wall breaking can go a long way.
What are your favorite games that are silly in some areas, but are still good games?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/FNuhj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best games both don't take themselves too seriously a lot of the time but have their intense moments that contrast with everything else, Danganronpa and MGR are what came to mind for me where much of them is quite silly but the former has some pretty emotional/climactic moments and the latter gets intense as shit during boss fights despite each game being pretty ridiculous most of the time.

i.e. SR2

I'd argue dangitronpaul is the antithesis of what makes silly work, ie. humility and willingness to just laugh at itself. MGR is apparent serious business with enough levity in the execution that the player just stops overthinking it and goes along. BulletRefutation is the opposite, it's an ostensibly silly as shit setting and characters which primary story conceit is that everything is in fact terrible. The presentation isn't so much helping the game be lighthearted as it is about either softening the blow or make it even more dissonant.
I mean, just look at the final chapter and the rest of the series in general. The DR3 anime specifically, if you had the fortune of missing it Danganronpa is silly in appearance but does, in fact, take itself extremely seriously.

Fuck you

Ohh man, I remember that shit to well. To bad they fucked up SR3 and SR4. I wait for a sequal for ages but when it finally comes out it turns out to be total shit. A few other series did the same. As a Street Fighter fan I really hoped SFV would turn out good, but that game turned out pretty bad.

Fallout can get pretty silly sometimes

Also, if you haven't touched the Yakuza series check out the new prequel and remake of the first game.

No More Heros

Open Steam store, search for "humor" tag, get many results. Or is that too easy for you?
Also every non-Star Wars Lucasarts game & Banjo-Tooie.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
It's almost like ubisoft had somebody who liked videogames working for them

plebs, all of you.

No one's played God Hand, but that's more or less what I'm looking for.
What are the chances of it being brought to PC like Vanquish and Bayonetta?

the same as okami, maybe a little less.

Resident Evil after and possibly before 3
The rock punching scene can't have been done seriously, right? R-Right?

Litetally everyone has pirated it at one point

So highly likely, then? Okami's already confirmed for a PC release due December.

I was gonna ask why monster hunter then i remembered about the joke armors and weapons, also wonky dlc with giant/tiny bosses

oh shit it is? i thought that was just a rumor.

archive.fo/FNuhj
Oh hey, I didn't know this was a thing

Divinity games are good for that, all of them really. I really liked Divine Divinity, Divinity 2, and Original Sin 2 (the first one had really shitty humour).

Shadow Warrior 2013 is kinda repetitive but it's not that bad of a game

How playable is that newest fan translated monster hunter on a 2DS? Is it a pain in the ass without the cuckstick?

Custom Robo:Battle Revolution

You can just emulate it though.

Super Mario in general, I guess?

Man I completely forgot about this. Exactly how bad was it? Not Zero Time Dilemma bad I hope.

I don't know the specifics because I haven't bothered to keep up with DR after the disappointment that was DR2. Though they aired a dub alongside the japanese version and forgot to remove a blooper from it that manages to make it all immensely better, whatever the story originally was.

The whole world in MH is just purposefully silly. You have an entire race of talking cats that are basically slaves but they are cool with it and make cat puns all the time. You have hunters eating gigantic meals within seconds and then going out to hunt where they can jump off mountains without getting hurt but get knocked over and take damage from an insect. A lot of the dialogue with human NPCs is made to be funny too, like having a quest giver who wants to actually fuck the monsters you are hunting, or one of the arena girls who's a total cunt that mocks you.

It emulates nigh perfectly, and it's not like a port would make the controls work without twin sticks. It's like playing a comedic kung fu movie, lots of expressive visual comedy and a good selection of practical and impractical moves. Plus you can customize your moveset, and the most recurring boss is a fat mexican demon named elvis who has hokey exchanges with the protagonist while swearing in spanish.

How could anyone see this coming?

Nigger what? It emulates fine and it's hardly difficult to find if you want a physical copy. And if you're that desperate/technologically illiterate you can always get the PS3 port of the PS2 version, I mean don't, but it exists. There are loads of ways to play God Hand, too many for no one to have played it at this point.

Zero Time Dilemma was pretty much just a wet fart. DR3 the anime is pure, refined Nothin' Personnel Kid. Future Arc is just a slasher where everyone's in the future foundation a cunt. Past Arc is okay and comfy the first few episodes but then everything is Junko'd up. And throughout both, everything, from the plot events and death to the Tragedy itself, is explained by brainwashing anime. Also Junko is ultimate analyst or some shit. It's fucked and at no point does it want you to have fun.

Also bumping with the ultimate not-taking-itself-seriously game.

don't drop me from a cliff and shiet

Let me also add Tropico to the list. Specifically, 3 and 4 in terms of gameplay, but the humor's still there even in the latest iterations. For instance, they inserted a specific event to ensure that their preview of the game at Gamescon would not run into money problems, but still felt the need of making Penultimo (your second in command and advisor) make a humorous comment on it.