I have some questions for the Warhammer 40k lore

I have some questions for the Warhammer 40k lore.

Why do the imperial guard infantery uses laser guns and not bullet based guns? (I guess is because of ammo and sci fi shit).

What can the human empire do againts the tyranid invassion?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stubber
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_8th_edition
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_7th_edition
archive.is/ck4KY
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!d8hWGKBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where I can read about the lore without spending money on plastic garbage?

Stubbers exist. For Tyranids, just slap an Exterminatus in a 3D plane in the general area they're coming from and say it was because of heresy :^) It's called google faggot.

Lazguns are cheap, real cheap, and nobody likes to give extra money to the IG. They're cannon fodder that can sometimes kill an ork or two.

Humans have been holding back tyranids pretty well so far, the issue is they also need to hold back orks, necrons, chaos and a whole lot more. Best thing about humans though is that there's a fuckton of them across massive range of planets, they won't ever run out of manpower anytime soon.

Head to /tg/, this is a topic for that board really, not Holla Forums

Kek.

Wikis. Lots of wikis.

What you want is a Stubber.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Stubber
These are the names for any gun that uses gunpowder and some guardsman actually prefer using them as they're reliable, easily customisable and tend to last longer than flashlights. Downside is that unless you're using speciality ammo, it's probably easier to use a flashlight. Not to mention you have to carry you're own ammo. and if you run out it's not like you're friends will have more when they're using flash lights.

The books
>>>/tg/ (don't know if 8ch has some sort of equivalent a-la /g/ and Holla Forums)
Black Bible at the share thread
W40K wikias

You're asking the wrong questions in the wrong place. Whatever reason there is for IG to primarily or at least on the promotional material carry lasguns, there's sure to be a lengthy explanation, because this is warhammer we're talking about.

I'm a complete noob, I wanted to get into the game because of the lore, but I was a poor spic in a third world shithole.

I still want to read about the lore, but it seems is on eternal status quo.

Well now that the Emperor's big blue golden boy is back I guess they could team up with the death god eldar and the blue commies and maybe some of the reasonable necrons. Also that giant warp rift that bisects the galaxy probably interferes withe the bugs' migration since they don't like the warp and the warp doesn't like them.

where the tyranids come from?

which is the biggest faction on the lore?

Nids coms from outside the galaxy to nom-nom everything in sight. They're drawn by the light of the Astronomicon and are slowly making their way towards Terra.

Biggest faction is the Imperium of Man, by sheer size. But Chaos undivided, Orks and Necros when they all wake up pose serious threats when massed.

which faction will win?

They come from outside the galaxy either being controlled by or fleeing from an unknown greater power. There is some evidence the the tyranids may have passed through the galaxy once before and left behind monstrous organisms on many worlds, particularly death worlds.
Got to be the Orks.

The nids come from outside the galaxy. Nobody knows if they are either looking for more food as they sucked their home galaxy dry, or if they are running from something even more fucked up than they are or for different reasons.
What do you mean by biggest faction? If by native to the Milky Way and historically, the Eldar were pretty much hedonistic King and Queens of the galaxy. Technologically, nothing can compete with the Necrons and their biological matter pulverizing weapons. The most resilient are the Orks because of their WAAAGH!!! energy and their reproduction via fungus. The Imperialism and rapid expansion of humanity makes them the largest numbers wise currently.

Who knows now that Cadian fell.

*Cadia

general consensus is if emps dies and gets reborn before earth falls, the imperium. if not, then the orks or tyranids. there is an argument that the orks are winning due to the whole 'eternal war' thing.

is there any progress on the lore or is berserk boat tier progress?

The latest to happen was that Cadia was taken by Chaos but that was because GW thought everyone wanted the story to progress the same way they thought everyone wanted the End Times to happen in Fantasy.

We aren't on a boat, we're on a glacier.

That's actually an interesting question, because it goes beyond "Will the Imperium win this battle?" It's more like "Will the Imperium still exist if it can vanquish all it's threats?"

Currently, the Eldar with Ynnead are making a push to slay Slaanesh finally. Row Boat has finally woken up with a bit of help and he's launched a crusade to secure Imperium territory. Cadia has finally fallen to Abbadon but he had to expend alot of might to do so. Imperial forces retreated but there's whispers of a counter-attack forming to push back.

All the above is 8th Codex fluff that they've written. 7th was awhile ago.
That is literially the Imperium. Dangling from a cliff with one hand, they flip off the Chaos gods watching above rather than to try and get a sturdier grip.

Also, Robot Girlyman is now back to full health and his dad told him he didn't love him back.

Where I can get these lore updates?

It's only when the codexs are updated. I read through the 1d4 article of the 8th edition.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_8th_edition

how often are they updated?

The better question is "Who is going to lose the least?"
And that's sort of dependent on a multitude of unknown factors like whether the Emperor is going to regenerate or instead turn into a full fledged warp god, whether or not the Eldar can get their god of the dead fully awake and give Slaanesh the king of fisting that isn't a good pain, whether or not the Silent King can rouse and unify the necrons, whether or not the Orks actually manage to get their own God Emperor Warboss, and whether or not Chaos manages to actually get it's shit together like it did back during the Horus Heresy. There's also other bigger unknowns like, the possibility of one of the Old Ones returning or enslaveer outbreaks, or the question of just how big the tyanid hive fleet really is. And of course the terrifying possibility of a full fledged C'tan waking up and exactly which one at that.

7th was 3 years ago, but they're rewiritng alot of stuff for 8th, so don't expect 9th for a long while.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_7th_edition

are there plans for ending the story in the next decade?

(checked)
I hope not, the End Times were a shit show and if Age of Smegmar is any indication, the "Age of God-Emperor-of-Mankind" would be even worse.

Probably not. It's making money for them, so why stop it?

The Orks have already won.
An endless war with a varied palette of enemies is their end goal, and endless war with a varied palette of enemies is the default state of the 40k setting.

I'm just curious to see if there will be progress or is berserk tier.

Not likely. Although it does look like they are going to bring more Primarchs back. I heard a rumor on /tg/ that one of the loyalist Primarchs is going to flip sides and mayby one of the traitor Primarchs too.

The overall galactic setting/story has remained at 5 minutes to midnight for awhile now and Black Library's books are all about small little stories that go on in this setting. Same with the Dawn of War games and such, usually self contained stories set against the larger backdrop of the failing Imperium.
What stories they'll tell when the Imperium finally falls of the cliff, we'll see.

Which of the novels are actually good and don't require too much prior knowledge of 40k lore (I know basic facts about all of the factions, most of the really big names a la Primarchs and chapter names, Chaos gods, etc., but beyond really major events like Horus Heresy and the fall of the Eldar I don't know much about what actually happened)?

Reading some reviews…
Gaunt's Ghosts: The Founding
Eisenhorn
Storm of Iron
Titanicus
Ciaphas Kain
First three are highly recommended.

wew

eldaronline or 40k.ca used to be the big wiki/forum sites of the early/mid 2000s.

Havent been there in over a decade so i dunno if they are still around.

well it's more that a nid infestation would never be less than a billion points of units

Yeah, when you consider that the Imperium have Hellfire rounds that work well against Nids, can develop toxins to counter hive fleets and if caught early, little damage is done. They've been back three fleets already, so they're well versed facing them even if they evolve.
When you also consider how much of a problem Orks are when organised, the Necrons when they wake up or Chaos when they get a warband together, Nids seem the lesser of all these evils.

I guess this should be a good time to mention for any who aren't up-to-date on Games Jewshops; Games Jewshop is being sued by itself for 62 million dollars.
He claims games workshop has:
They're also contesting how much of the IP Games Workshop actually owns and how much of it is actually public domain. Fun fact it's proposed they're violating RICO and RICO was established to help the US fight the Italian Mafia.
archive.is/ck4KY

Necrons are basically the control factor with Tryanids, as long as they exist tryanids can win.
Pic unrelated to a degree, but its what I imagine Necrons make when facing Tyranids

Orcs are the true ever lasting threat, no other race can boast being wiped out on a planet only to form new tribes 10x in number on the previously purged planet
Orcs not chaos are the true reasons behind exterminatus

Orks are also the succeeding faction in the 40k universe
So far as goals go, they're the only ones who have succeeded entirely.

Loli's of Battle

Actually the Imperium of Man on a few occasions have deployed technology that has been more advanced than that of the Necrons, which begs to wonder what would happen if they recovered even a minute fraction of the Dark Age Tech.

A WOODEN BAAAAANEBLAAAAAAAADE

I love how squats are the gift that keep on giving.

Technically, one of the Ciaphas Cain novels takes place 5 minutes after the midnight and everything is pretty much the same in it. So, either that's an oversight or GeeDubs is REALLY interested in Imperium winning or at least maintaining status quo.

Logistical simplicity, lasguns are equally as effective as autorifles and can be charged from the sun or any source of heat.

I've not read Storm of Iron but the rest of those are indeed great. Anything by Abnett, Aaron Dembski-Bowden or Mitchell is a solid bet. Everything by Goto is bad. Otherwise ask /tg/ or look and see if 1d4chan have said anything about that book/series.

I'd argue with the fall of Cadia, Rowboat Girlyman waking up from his nap, and the Imperium being split in two by the Cicatrix Maledictum that the fluff has progressed a good bit compared to where it was a couple years ago.

every faction has completly insane end-game tech.
Imperium has cannons that shoot antimater with1000% precision thanks to time manipulation, eldars from bieltan have fuck-you nanite cannon that desintegrates every living thing down to each individual cell (great against orks) and almost every craftworld has equivalent, lords of dark eldar have pocket black holes, infinite pocket dimensions and acess to every place in existence and beyond. Necrons have death stars and everything they have self regenerates, orks are themselfs a bio-weapon, chaos has demons, ability to corrupt everything and mad scientists without morals or barriers daemonculeba
Only tau are lacking in super weapons department

I thought the Tau's main thing was fighting from afar in mechs and robots, aside from Farsight. Plus they are kind of resistant to the warp.

well. yeah
that's not really his point though

The Tau's superweapon is space communism

No, it's the water caste and their Greater Goods

I thought it was NOBRE ETEREARS

There is an entire board desicated to this shit, why are you here?

Since nurelic destroyed the dawn of war franchise, does warhammer 40k have any kind of future in videogames whatsoever? I never expected warhammer fantasy to become more popular in that space, but here we are.

Cause that board is dedicated entirely to being shit.

There are plenty worse boards than /tg/ here. Slow as fuck though.

Because they are reliable, powerful (for our standards anyway) and can be easily re-chanrged in the field just by throwing the battery pack in the fire or leaving it out in the sun.

Warhammer Fantasy games are literally the only decent or good ones out right now.
Despite all it's flaws Vermintide is worth a playthrough.
Man O'War Corsair is actually pretty good all things considering
Total Warhammer is jewish as fuck but still pretty damned good.

So their superpower is to starve everyone to death?

The dude is representing himself in court, this is a complete lolsuit and will get thrown out pronto.

Couldn't happen to a nicer company.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is gud.

Deathwatch was good, but pirate it

I have a gift for you.
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!d8hWGKBY
That's pretty much every fluff book ever put out by Black Library (the part of GW that writes stories as opposed to making overpriced plastic.)
Popular recommendations:
Gaunt's Ghosts, Irish light infantry following around a badass commissar fighting (mostly) chaos.
The Horus Heresy, very different from normal 40k books, I don't actually like it that much, but a lot of people who know nothing about 40k do like it, I'd compare it to the Star Wars prequels.
Ciaphas Cain: Humor? In 40k? Sort of
Eisenhorn and Ravenor: Same author as Gaunt's Ghosts, but about 2 different inquisitors doing inquisitor things
Personal recommendations:
Cadian Blood: Standalone book about the Cadian 88th mechanized regiment.
Night Lords series: Same author as Cadian Blood, about arguably one of the most fucked up Chaos Space Marine legions, which is saying something. Pic related, it's the main characters.

Slave, currently flying a gunship: "You know, I've changed my mind, I do want to know, what requires all of First Claw and your superheavy transport?"
Talos: "A Titan"
Slave:…
Talos: "Also I want you to bomb it"
Slave:..

The Iron Warriors and Ultramarines series are also good, but they focus a little too much on space marines for my taste. The Night Lords have multiple slaves as major characters, and humans interacting with space marines emphasizes just how alien the marines are.

Start by reading the rule books and codex's. They have lore in them and you can pirate them easily.

There are 1 million space marines (give or take since a lot of chapters dont follow the codex) and trillions upon trillions of normal humans.

Of course they are going to be aliens to the plight of the common man.

fun fact: the orks are actually some of the most - if not the most - powerful psychics in the universe. the reason ork machines can work, even though they're basically just plates of steel hammered together or guns with nine barrels or whatever, is because the orks believe that they will work, so they do. it's an unconscious manifestation of their psychic power, and it's the reason why in ork-dom the red vehicles really do go faster. if the orks could stop their warring and bloodlusting long enough to realize their true psychic potential it's a pretty safe bet they'd conquer the universe

Thanks, that's a fantastic archive. I've only read several of the Cain novels and the first 3 parts of Gaunt's Ghosts. Trying to get physical copies of the books was always a fairly expensive thing, even for used copies.

I still don't know when this started being such a big thing. They always had their "psychic glue" to keep everything going longer than it should and a good chant never hurt what they were doing, but they never used to fire guns that had no ammo or drive cars with no engine. There's the Armageddon Ork Hunters, which were known for looting and using ork guns, so it's obvious there was a point it wasn't set in stone they were magic savants who ran off pure willpower/ignorance.

It was usually like the Jokaero, they just had an innate knack for building shit and an ever-present slave class to make it for them. This is why they still have levers and knobs to control their vehicles built into them, they just don't know what half of them even do. They're still actual vehicles and guns, you just likely wouldn't survive using them when an ork probably wouldn't bother go pick up his fingers after it explodes.

The exception being the Salamanders. They actually live with the normal humans on Nocturne when not on duty and they go out of their way to minimize civilian casualties when they are on crusade.

Don't forget that purple iz da sneakiest. I mean, have you eva' seen a purple ork?

The only thing they really do better than any other group in the galaxy is indoctrination, and only then it is really only useful against Imperium worlds.

The only thing they really do better than any other group in the galaxy is indoctrination, and only then it is really only useful against Imperium worlds.

Test

No one. GW will always milk space marines, and space marines need someone to fight.

Pic related might have a good shot at it, assuming they aren't out-teched by everyone else.

How?

We know they are.
That, and they recently pretty much openly stated by way of Black Library that the date system used by the IoM is fucky as hell (mentioned in one of the recent novels with girlyman in it). As in "shit, we're in the wrong millennia," fucky.
That's why it's still 40k instead of 41k.

Anyway OP has shown themselves to be the latest September recruit for the internet. Congratulations, OP. Have a link to the 40k board.
>>>/tg/

Thats still a thing, the impressive part is that teh exceptions are what has the imperium puzzled.
They study ork tech and say its crude, but sometimes it shouldnt even be working, not all of the time.

Hello, I'm learning English. Does
mean the same thing as
?

First off, please sage when not otherwise contributing to the thread (or simply in a poor thread).
Secondly, no, it doesn't. But it was pretty clear what the newfag OP wanted.
As to why they don't mean the same thing, consider the following questions and answers:

Thank you for the help. I apologize for no sage.

Don't lasgun ammo thingers have ridiculous ease of charging? Like, in an emergency, you can toss one into a campfire and it'll charge?

Yes, but this is only done as a measure of last resort because the machine spirits are not fucking pleased with it and may cause your lasgun to malfunction ever so spectacularly.

Although stormtroopers IIRC can do it somewhat more reliably.

You can just leave the spent ones in the sun while you man your trench and by the time you need them it will be either fully charged or partially, thats the main reason why the lasgun is the standard weapon of the IG.

Did they clarify if lasguns have machine spirits?
Werent machine spirits AIs that the imperium though were real spirits that inhabited all machines?