STAR WARS GALAXIES, WITH JTL

Who wants to play faggots? Ready to play the best starfighter sim star wars ever got sans battlefront 2?
Its that time again, last thread was back during new years when we tried to jump onboard the stella bellum project which failed hard. I promised to let everyone know when an alternative was found.
About a week ago a project called "vision of hope" released quietly without much advertisement, i've checked on this server and this server looks to be just about where the game was at when EA gave it the knife for SWOTOR. Jump to Lightspeed seems to be functioning just fine as i'm going through imperial pilot training now.

HOW TO JOIN
1. torrent the star wars galaxies full disk set off piratebay or something because whos going to really send you a letter about it?/install the steam version which is still available to anyone who had it on steam and still installable

2. go here swghope.com/
3. make your account, try to not to make your account look like a bot due to automoderation
4.get the installer from the site in step 2 after registry
5.patch using installer
6. play, login using forum credentials, make your character.
7. skip the tutorial if you wish, don't if you are new to NGE
8. Open chat and send a /tell "hi faggot"
to Sam Hyde (/tell Sam Hyde HI FAGGOT in chat)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8654114/Star_Wars_Galaxies_-_SWGemu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still waiting on SWGemu to fucking adopt Jedi and shit. High Ground is still there anons.

Does this actually have Jedis or no?

Jedi are in as a starter class, unfortunately. but ive only seen people playing gun classes/traders so far so perhaps the server isin't full of donut steel retards.

dropped

Earned my TIE flightsuit and helmet, now to reach for the ace helmet
Storm squadron is hardest suqadron to play but best.
Really hoping we can get everyone from SWGEMU and Project Pheonix threads together for space action.

I was actually looking into SWGEMU last week because I've really been in the mood for a good Star Wars game, but most of them either suck or I've already played them to death. Can somebody actually sell me on this game? Is it as good as people say it is? I watched a few YouTube videos of old veterans trying to explain the basics to newcomers, but they did a really bad job at making it sound fun. Honestly it just sort of sounds like a grind.

It's a MMO user, it's always a grind. As it stands, I wouldn't go into SWGEMU by yourself unless you really have the time to kill. Most of it involves fetch quests, kill this quests, whilst bots/macros are about pretending the world is 'alive'.

You'll rarely find another player outside of the canteens, and even then, they're macros 9/10 for dancing and shit.

I just want to forget already.

Not really sure if I can sell you on this, we got burnt from SWGEMU due to the sheer lack of content pre-cu has. SWGEMU is just plain boring after a while.

As for this server? starfighters are in, which means space combat, space mining, and fighting a rouge star destroyer, all sorts of fun shit, kessel is a place too.
if you plan to actually touch the ground, level 90 is a pretty easy grind. should take 3-4 days and then the world is your oyster.

The game features mustafar and kasshyk as maps. and a a special long ass raid instance that replays the hoth battl.
The real draw of the game is exploring places in star wars, naboo gets REALLY comfy. and if we can get 6-8 people in the guild alone and up to 80-90 theres lots of content to explore. game also has interior decoration and the item limit is one thousand per house, apperance equipping for player characters, and a few dozen mounts, including an LAAT.
master pilots can get anything from the millenium falcon (YT-24?) to the imperial gunboat, and the larger ships have interiors which can also be decorated, many players lived in their ships. comfy side shit like fishing and camping is also in.
SWG also had the most intricate crafting system i've ever seen in an MMO, look it up sometime.
I can try all day to sell you on it, but you have to deal with graphics that are a bit dated (texturepacks exist to touch them up) and not being able to run the really really good shit till level 90. (level 60 you can start to participate, especially if we get this group going)

I'm glad I never watched it.
I saw rogue one on a flight recently. I was surprised how boring and shit that movie was.

What's the average time for the mods to confirm your account after registering?

After the movie came out they labelled them as 'TIE/fo fighters", with the "fo" predictably standing for "first order". Even though they look and perform exactly the same as standard TIE fighters, they have room for a co-pilot for some reason, and for life-support systems
An entire new TIE fighter designation was made literally just to fill in the gaps in TFA's shit storytelling

If you can imagine it, TFA is actually worse than RO

Bad graphics don't really bother me. I just need a reason to get invested. In the specific video I was watching the guy was complaining that SWTOR is "too grindy" (which it is) while simultaneously showing off the mission system in SWGEMU, which looked equally as grindy to me. The bit about cool mounts and player-owned ship housing seems really cool though

fuck if I know, I was able to jump into the game as soon as I registered and use the forums too.
seems its an automoderator.

Wait Jump to Lightspeed is done? I remember for ages it was completely missing

When stella bellum mods decided they wanted the easy way out from having to be game devs, they released the sourcecode which was pretty much launch ready, with JTL working and ready.

This server likely uses it

Rouge One was better than TFA, but not by much. The movie's very existence is my problem because Disney killed the EU only to dig up the corpse of Dark Forces, one of my favorite game series of all time, and steal its first level as the plot for a really bad movie where they wrote out Kyle Katarn and raped Jan Ors.

That's less shit storytelling and more nuSW having writers who never even saw the movies. I can see it now:

Well, I made an account, but until the admin comes back, I can't do anything in the launcher. Should I try to contact someone on the forums or what, user?

Honestly, Disney has ruined Star Wars as an aesthetic. It's just tiresome at this point. They've done more damage to the brand than George ever could.

The Resistance is like Antifa, it works for the Government and gets paid by them, but pretends it doesn't. Basically the new Republic in Disney Wars is just real world Neo-Liberal shit. Disney Wars is pure propaganda, and bad propaganda at that.

Trying to get in touch with the CSRs of the server to push everyones verifications through
Jesus was datamined for your sins.

Looks like people are starting to get verified.
start checking your launcher login periodically.

Ill be waiting for you all on bestine, tatooine if you want to join the imp navy.

ayy it worked, time to apply the patches

Your complaint about the TIE not having life support systems is such a small problem among the movie's other problems that it took me a few minutes to actually realize that's what you were talking about.
Literally everything in the new movies is BIGGER AND COOLER than the stuff in the OT, even TIEs. Weren't they single-pilot before, no gunner seat? It stands to reason they could have gained life support in the new design. But only because every single goddamn thing in Star Wars has now been re-imagined as a Mary Sue version of its OT counterpart.

It's a fucking shit show and their only goal seems to be one-upping the OT at every turn.

The old EU actually had a bunch of people steal the Death Star plans, not just Kyle. This was not hard to explain away: each subcontractor only had part of the plans. That explanation also explains why nobody noticed the weak point but the rebels did within like a week of getting the plans: it caused a "chain reaction", which couldn't be forseen by people who didn't have the full plans.

You forgot

Oh I wasn't listing the problems, just the significant ways Disney's autistic staff are trying to one-up the original movies.

1. Either because they assume their audience is fucking retarded and can't understand anything that isn't like the old ones or
2, a (((hollywood))) agenda
they need the good guys to be "rebels" and the bad guys to be a powerful white male establishment.
It's probably a mixture of both things.

The only way I see them explaining it is some cuck shit where the new republic are pacifists and the only people who will step up to the plate are a ragtag team led by the heroes from 30 years ago.

>(((NGE)))
FUCK OFF, YOU ARE WHAT RUINED SWG

call me in another 6 years when SWGEMU is done and implements things beyond the 5 minutes of content it has currently.

NGE is no SWG at all and you have shit taste for accepting that

We have a bunker down and theres two of us running around so far, based on the thread i'm waiting on a few more of you to send me a /tell
dont forget to /tell sam hyde "hey faggot"

Also in your advanced options in the launcher, uncheck UI and sounds because they arent vanilla by default.

I've been waiting my whole life for this moment

Alright, I'm about to hop in. Name's Joxx.

Is it time? I'll be joining soon. I think I have to retorrent the discs.

Absolutely fucking not.

Just said "Hey faggot" to Sam Hyde. I'm running around some dock doing work for Han right after we escaped from wherever.

What? Its was some guys pet last time we played that wouldnt do its trick.
where the fuck can Ifind the isos, I can seem to find them

Did the server go down just now?

Seems like it, hopefully temporary.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8654114/Star_Wars_Galaxies_-_SWGemu

Alrighty, I was in the middle of making the bartender a drink too… ;_;

I also did the whole /tell Sam Hyde HI FAGGOT but nothing happened sooo…

Servers battery backup autistically screeched, server should be up shortlyTM

How long does it take for an admin to notice your account and activate it?

Server is back online

Is space implemented yet? Last time i played emu was around the days of Best Korellia, and it was barely a game.

SWGEMU doesn't have JTL but the server we are currently playing does infact have JTL fully implemented

I WANT TO LIKE THIS GAME BUT KOTOR IS A BETTER SINGLEPLAYER STAR WARS MMO JESUS

You guys don''t understand this isint pre-cu at all, a lot of shit has changed and theres like 5+ years of content development extra

Who cares.

Wiki says we need a level 83 crafter, (or a guild hall I believe) in order to start a guild.
We have 6 as of the end of last night, IIRC so ill try and get this going.

Link is dead, and the launcher is giving me shit and won't launch despite me manually patching the corrupted modules, but it seems to be related to outdated .NET versions.

How to get. I want a home dammit

If this is the "hero" class-based build, then it's already about 3 years beyond the point when it got butchered.
SWG was amazing when, and only when, it was a freeform sandbox MMO up to no more than 1 year following the release of the JTL expansion.

Something interestingly stupid that I never really thought about before - the SW universe has fully sentient AI rampant across the galaxy, yet planet-sized spaceships are flown entirely manually by teams of dozens to hundreds of concurrent operators with no AI in sight. Even when R2-D2 is plugged into the X-Wing he only operates as an interactive damage control and diagnostic unit that only acts under direct voice command.

Shit's backwards and fucking bonkers.

AHCKTUALLY, astromech droids assist in the lightspeed jump calculations. That's their main function when plugged into starships.

Home is the bunker at /way -1403, 1, -5020 on tatooine.
Everyone should start with their own redeemable bunker, check the /claimvet command, set down in a cluster around my area so we can become a semi-organized Holla Forumsillage until we can boot up a guild.

Send Sam Hyde and ingame mail instead of a tell as I can't be on 24/7 so I can keep track of 8+ people now

Well, it's still a far cry from automated space stations or sentient ship AI.
Unless you consider Lobot, Lando's second in command at cloud city, who it turns out is a member of a species of sentient spaceships that go through a life cycle where they're humanoid as children and then transform into spaceships when they come of age.

The extended universe had some good books, but good lord is the bulk of it fucking cancer.

I have never heard this before, what the fuck? I thought he used to be a thief or something but he suffered an accident that damaged his brain/spinal column and that's why he had that shit plugged into his head

Lobot is a cyborged human, you are confusing him with Vuffi Raa

Lando had an associate that was a member of a droid race from the Vong's home galaxy known as the Silentium. They were built by an unknown species in their own image, and the droid race eventually formed their own culture involving prime numbers and shapes.

Anyone know how to fix floor and wall clipping in a dungeon? I'm stuck and I can't get out of the asteroid station you fly to in the beginning. I am trapped in the black void of space if I try to walk back up from where I came.

Decided to add a picture

Nevermind, killing myself fixed it

Ive had more than a few people complain about being stuck in some part of the intro space dungeon. looks like it needs a quick patch but they are releasing one tonight which might contain a fix.

Making good progress, trying to get us a tatooine guild hall comissioned, how are the rest of you faring?

Terrible because I haven't played. I would like to see this shit get more players because its kinda lonely just sitting there and grinding this gay shit out.

Whats your name user? I could wingman for you, everyone else logged for the night

Attention faggots, the guild has been properly set up, get in here and send a mail or /tell to Sam in order to be put in and have guildchat.
At this rate we might have enough to keep a city going.

Yo, still wating for the account the get verified.Does it normaly take long?

Slab Hardfist here, which of the Glorious Faggots are you

How long ago did you register? if its over one day ago now you probably got automoderated out, try making a new account, and dont use tenminutemail or something. someone from here just made one and got in within an hour.

Hey Slab, its Topkex/doktor Imp
let get the party back together. if we could get everybody from project pheonix and SWEMU plus the new recruits we have now? we would have like 20 people.

i've missed our space adventures, and once my verification goes through i'll join up with you guys

i did it this morning would redchan.it work?

head over to the community
with your browser only, sign up for it with a mail.com account, and ask the admin *isonowore* if he can push your account through, give him your account name.

patching now. i'll be in shortly

Suddenly I'm getting this shit.

Where da guild at nigga

Did you send me a mail user? I just got home, ill stay on a while if you are around

Alright faggot, set your clock and be on at 11 MST if you can, and for the last time, send an ingame message to Sam.

i'm pilot level 6 and i am so fucking sick of this scyk fighter that i could puke. where can i go and a get TIE fighter?

I can get you one, i'm currently online and can buy you a better TIE, if you have the rank.
Come soon i'm tired.

This thread made me go check if swgEMU ever changed their insane IP exemption rules.

Yep, if you have more than one person using the same IP you've still got to bust out a camera, take a picture of two sets of discs with account information in the shot, and do the ol' wait 'n pray.

SOE is not even a fucking company anymore.Why the fuck are they such goddamn nazis about someone having someones son or wife play with them? Nigga I aint buyin' from some reseller on ebay. You can't even pretend that shit goes back to the developers these days. I bet these faggots cornered the SWG disc market and hold on so firmly because they profit from it.

If it's just two people they allow multiboxing so you could log into two characters on the same account from two computers.

They claimed THAT would also get you banned. Something something it is easy to tell if the 2nd character is another person or not.

That's gay.

The original SWGEMU devs are antipiracyfags I think not to mention if they encourage piracy someone actually in power could come along and lawyer the shit out of them.

Not sure what the multibox policy on this emu is, but you can talk to the devs personally via thier discordishit

Who the fuck would lawyer someone for a long dead MMO from a company that does not even exist anymore?

Daybreak games still exists and disney has room to up their game to nintendo levels of jewry. Don't forget that.

In about six more years at SWGEMUs current dev pace.

REBEL ARE FUCK
I AM ACE MAN
6,543,203 DEAD A-WINGS

Does Daybreak still hold the rights to it? I would be afraid of Disney though, they don't fuck around

it's just lip service to SOE in particular in order to avoid any DMCA bullshit, i would imagine. i know SWGemu in particular is on sony's radar since as far as i remember they actually met with sony staff at least once, so they probably want to keep their noses extra clean

Daybreak is SOE reformed, but if they still have any right I'm not sure, EA being handed over star wars game exclusivity might cover that.

OP, I'm a little interested in joining, I played a bit of late NGE and liked it even though I was horrified reading what was lost from the original version. But I'm not sure if I want to go full Imperial or go with an Imperial-alligned CorSec trando bounty hunter. With some cursory wiki scanning, the M22-T Krayt looks like a mean son of a bitch as heavy fighters go even if it inherently maneuvers like a pig, although the rest of the freelance tree seems a bit milquetoast outside the pretty good Vaksai.

But Imperial ships are aesthetically wonderful, and maneuver rather nicely, except they seem to have a chronic mass shortage compared to the other two ship trees, and in particular have sort of dubious heavy fighters/bombers. It's not like I have any experience looking for the right stats on ships, but still. What's your take? Is there any utility in being a fencesitter in name only as opposed to go full Imperial? Does on-ground freelancing even exist, or is it like I remember where you get railroaded by plot quests into picking one faction or the other but for some reason exists in space?

Daybreak is SOE reformed, but if they still have any right I'm not sure, EA being handed over star wars game exclusivity might cover that.>>13474107
Imperial ships do lack mass, barring the gunboats, however they can easily fit important gear, and the TIE Aggressor can be amazing if you have a copilot and a good rear gun for PVE (fly in a straight line so fighters chase, gunner opens fire)
TIE opressor however is shit.
Shit.

The TIE bomber is a ponderous piece of shit but it has two weapon slots, two ordnance slots, and something like 190k~ mass if its made good (source: my own TIE bomber)
The Imperial Guard TIE Interceptor is breddy gud and has 80k mass and you get it for free if you do a questline and will carry you for most of the line.
PVP and PVE wise most TIEs, especially the Imperial Guard TIE have small hitboxes as well so you get hit less when you dodge.
As for fenceshitter ships I can't say aside from the fact that they have really really good mass. which means better gear

Alright, it's good to hear that Imperial mass shortage isn't crippling. I think I might end up going fenceshitter anyways just because the M22 Krayt & the preceding M12L Kimogila are really tanky cast-shape aesthetic gunfighters, but it's good to know my options are open if I decide I want to change or make a character for both lines.

Whenever I happen to go Imperial, which squadron should I join? Apparently Storm Squadron is reputed as the hardest squad in the game, which sounds interesting, but I wonder if it's reasonably soloable.

its mostly a breeze but theres about 3-4 missions that are absolute pain

storm squadron is soloable. as far as i know almost all pilot quests can be teamed up on, so one of us faglords can help you with any that give you trouble, but with that said i don't know if an imperial pilot would be able to help you with a fenceshitter quest or vice versa

god damn

Bonus better be double XP or something.

Server is up(?) Hardware failure so they have decided to go ahead with deploying their new server hardware over the next two days, Database for all our progress has apparently been loaded onto the test center server software

Triple posting but I fucked up on the two days part, should only take them about 3-4 hours tops.