Anyone here still playing this?

Anyone here still playing this?

Is it already dead? I thought it just came out.

online maylay action?!

Population dropped from 19k daily peak at release to 600 daily peak recently. Moderately dead.

Yes online maylay action, you design a deck and use it to beat people up, its like a 3d fighting where you design your own character instead of picking from a roster.

Was anyone ever playing it?

Why do indie devs bother making multiplayer games if the market is so saturated at this point?

The game is tiny. There's no reason to spend more than a few days playing it. You can stop making threads about it now.

Because more indie devs aren't much better than the Triple Ayyy faggots who have investors and marketing teams telling them they have to compete with Call of Duty.

On release it was very active, but the NA servers were constantly going down, the player base sharply dropped off, and Oceanic servers didn't come until something around a week after release which didn't help here, anyone who stuck around after the servers finally got stabilized got sick of flaky peer to peer networking, constant crashing, and developer's lack of response to balance problems. There's a handful of players still sticking it out.

Yeah, this is pretty much the first time I've jumped on a game's bandwagon so soon after release. It hurts pretty bad seeing something with so much potential, and so many people trying to play it on release, to get ritually executed by its developer's incompetence.

It didn't have market penetration issues, there were a shitload of players on release, it was a severely botched release, lack of communication, and poor post release support that killed it.

Fighting online is very fun and kept me going for a few weeks, you can spend a very long time designing a deck and experimenting. Game should have had either more pve content, or more pvp content though.

It's not that the market is saturated, it's that indie devs simply don't make enough initial sales to sustain an active playerbase. The dropoff is super fucking steep and once there's too few people playing, the sales stop as well.
But why they bother, I don't know. Blind optimism probably.

This is what happens when your devs are pajeets and ideas guys.

And this is why you should never buy multiplayer games on release, no matter how hyped you are, and no matter how many of your friends are buying it. At minimum, wait two months and see how the playerbase is trending, and how much the devs have patched it in the interim. Chances are, your friends won't be playing it anymore at that point, and neither will most of the other idiots who bought it, and it'll still be a broken mess.

But if it's good, and everyone is still playing it, and it's getting lots of dev attention, then you buy it, and you risk nothing. I don't know how you fags don't get this.

Apparently this game outsold hotline miami.

I don't know if I regret buying the game. I had fun with it while it lasted. And I got a lot out of it in the last three weeks.

Would you still have bought it knowing what you know now?

How is that thing still alive ?
How is this thing so bad ?

Probably, yeah. I still find it a fun game. It's just that it could be so much better.

Absolver
Online·Melee·action

Lawbreakers
Gravity·Defying·Combat

SolSurvivor
Defend·Support·Survive

what the fuck is with this stupid meme of using 3 words separated with those floating dots in the middle that you do with Alt+3 on the keyboard? do they think nobody realizes? its all the same fucking people doing these shit games.

Well patch just dropped. Time to see if there's any hope left

Tactical Espionage Action.

Online ♥ Melee ♥ Action

Everyone knows that typing like a telegram is the height of sophistication.

the right alt
and the 3 that is right above the E key, not the alphanumeric 3

♥ Shut ♥ Up ♥ Nerd ♥

game is not balanced
its not worth playing, unless you think 20 game hours of multiplayer out of novelty is worth its price

Yeah just opened it to try the windfall buffs, got matched with a kahlt and forsaken. I didn't even notice the stamina nerf. And forsaken doesn't give a shit about stamina since they just wait for you to attack and then parry anyway.
It's all ogre. Why can't we have nice things.

Havent got a chance to test the new balance changes so I cant really tell, but I can already tell that people are going to get salty one way or another

I like that elohim mask thing. Hopefully this game goes on sale soon or something.

This looks mindnumbingly generic. If you told me any of those masks were just stock assets I'd believe you.

The shitposting mask it's the only one I found funny, also the eyes changes colors and blinks, granted you will never see this most of the time so…

So is this game basically a fighter with a freer camera?

ex-ubisoft devs indeed, this is For Honor 2: Connection Boogaloo
Can't even refund because I decided to wait to see if they'd fix it and have more than two hours logged. Serves me the fuck right for actually buying a videogame. Screw this industry.

It's not even the fact that this is almost solely geared towards multiplayer in scope and content, it's that the devs pretty much killed the game all by themselves by accommodating this extremely poorly; the servers were awful, absorb was /is? shitty and terrible compared to the other dodges, the ledge maps were aids and encouraged people to use underhanded plays in order to win, the game took an obvious influence from dark souls, but without the real organisation regarding bosses, co-op, or even much PVP, the devs practically shot themselves in the foot.

Overall, it shows a lot of promise, but ultimately fails to deliver fully, and now that the game has already been released, it's almost like it's too late to go back; they might never have the same amount of players as they did when the game first launched. I sincerely want this game to succeed, but judging from what's already on the scene (Multiplayer focus, awful servers, limited content) I have no idea what will happen.

It's like they hate attracting new players/bringing back old ones. The actual gameplay is good, there's just only so many times you can get into combat with the exact same conditions and for it still to be fun.

Do you mean "fighting game"?
Projectiles and aerial attacks the cornerstone of most fighting games and afaik Absolver has neither, so no, I imagine the combat would feel a lot different.

I started windfall, and switched to kahlt after a week. Kahlt is (was? idk how the stamina nerfs change things) far better than windfall, the only thing going for windfall is that it's really freaking stylish.
Kahlt had insanely easy execution, you just have to know there's an attack coming and you get free hyper armor, which lets you just walk through opponents with a combo by absorbing whenever they're going to try counter attack, it gives you insane aggression.
Windfall on the other hand, there's just no playstyle or anything that you can do with it, you get no guaranteed punish like forsaken, it doesn't give you any momentum since if the slow down doesn't proc (it often doesn't, you have to dodge so late that it's near suicide to try trigger it) your opponent can just gold link into a sweep and smack you in the knee caps while you're still recovering from your avoid high.
So not only do you have the insanely difficult execution of guessing one of three directions (straight, high, low), which isn't based on actual collision detection, every attack is flagged as straight, high, or low, and you get iframes against them for avoiding with the correct direction. Attacks like the fidget spinner punches and knee breaker unintuitively have to be jumped over, they'll clip through your legs without hitting, and if even if you jump cleanly over a sweep, if you're outside the window of iframes, you'll teleport back down and get nailed, if you duck under a spinning high kick but outside the iframe window, the kick will snap to your crouched position and connect, this is most noticeable on high ping but I've had it occur as low as 20.
On top of the execution, even when you do all this perfectly, you get basically nothing for it, hardly even a jab.

File for a refund anyway, there's no harm in trying as long as you state your case like that too.

Just pirate it, multiplayer works fine.

You gotta be shitting me.

Seriously?

Wasn't a fan of it. Combat was too clunky. Went in expecting something fluid like Dark Souls or Chivalry and got a clunky, hard to control mess that lacks fluidity or precision.

Yeah it was posted in the share thread.

I mean… When I say "multiplayer works fine" I mean relative to how the games multiplayer works for bought versions. Which is shitty. Why they released a multiplayer bralwer with such shit netcode/servers is beyond me.