Rainbow Six: Siege update bricks PS4s

archive.is/2MhaN
According to Ubisoft, the bricking is because the update fucked with the PS4 firmware, however Sony was supposed to test and identify if the update bricks consoles, which it didn't.
Is this viable for a lawsuit?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tUGf6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only you were that stupid OP. Enjoy your brick.

This pleases me

kek

Nice

What does archiving reddit accomplish?

Quality kill, Team Rainbow.

Trash game on a trash console.

What should I expect, a shit game that's gonna be dead next week?

YES

It's actually pretty good and the guys working on it seem to actually want to keep it alive.

Prevents deletions. Cover-ups. Hiding manipulation.
archive.is/tUGf6

Can we sue NISA yet?

It won't be dead in a week let alone a few more years.

It doesn't link directly to that cesspit.
You need to go back.

kinda spooky

There is apparently a faction within Ubisoft's gamedevs that is both seditious and radical, daring to slip out a games that are actually not bad.

Good, the more normalfags suffer from their shitty cashgrab games the faster the gaming crash will arrive.

Token diversity hires, FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

this is a nice early christmas

Probably not, but if normalfags are smart they'd get a free new PSnoGaem from Sony. They should have known Ubisoft can't quality control for shit, so double checking their updates is totally on Sony.

also
W E W

No one is going to file a lawsuit over their $300 game box dying. That is a monumentally stupid waste of money. There may be a lawsuit between Ubisoft and Sony to settle who is responsible for the damages and in what amount, but consumers won't see any of it beyond replacement systems, and only if they're still under warranty, probably.

They deserve everything they got.

I thought it was $20 for a year? Oh I see, they raised it to $60 a year

Wew lad. We really live in the shittiest timeline since a fucking game company is MAKING ITS CONSUMERS UNABLE TO PLAY ANY GAMES ON THEIR OWN MACHINES.

I am actively waiting for the PR damage control that will surely follow.

The missing beta features didn't kill it. The game being abandoned by ubi on launch didn't kill it. The seasonal OP-ness of new operators for season pass owners didn't kill it. The hackstorm didn't kill it. Ubisoft letting the servers run on a potato for 2 months didn't kill it. The massive banwaves didn't kill it. The eternal jewery of Ubisofts most successful game in recent history isn't killing it. A few bricked PS4s won't do shit. Not like they have any other games to play anyways.

This game is a diamond in the rough, and I mean real fucking rough. Cut yourself deep playing it. But plenty of anons still do, because theres a solid idea there, and despite everything, they didn't take the money and run. This game has been out for almost 2 years, and even when the game is getting fucked by the latest issue, there is still lots of fun to be had. Especially with friends anything is fun with friends

To be fair, this isn't Sony bricking their consumers, its a 3rd party. I want to know how they managed it though? Is Siege to intense for the PS4? All the components in my computer are older than the PS4 and I run the game on ultra with the high resolution texture pack.

They fucked with the firmware.

Sony did? Well shit, I thought Siege was bricking consoles, but fuck Sony can feel free to kill themselves.

Are you retarded?

No, no. As I understood it, ubi's patch fucked with sony's firmware and not the other way around, right?

Can I get a free PissPoor out of this? Just call into Ubisoft and claim mine was bricked?

yes but Sony was responsible to troubleshoot the patch before they gave the green-lite. Therefore its Sony who is legally responsible.

kinda. sony is the responsible party from the user's perspective, but sony can actually sue ubisoft for violation of terms if they exist.

the user would prove sonys fault or negligence which is easy, but sony would have to prove ubisoft malice, which would not be easy.

"It's fun with friends!"-fags on suicide watch.

Thank you based Ubisoft.

How does a game be allowed to brick the system in the first place? The system is supposed to have security against that sort of modification.

There's your answer.

Think about the one thing in life you care the least about and try to imagine caring even less. Sony cares half as much about quality assurance.

They started taking their console system security pretty strongly though. PS4 has resisted cracking attempts so far, even the later PS3 systems overcame their initial humiliation. Sadly the same can't be said about PSN.

I keep seeing general for this game, is it really good or it just shill that play them?

gee user, you tell me

nice non-answer user

It's not bad but it's not great either. It hangs somewhere between "mediocre" and "decent". There are a few problems about it, the biggest being the lag compensation and the tick rate. The developer is "working" on it. Also it's not very well optimized.
Fix the above problems and it'd probably a good game. Otherwise, it's just decent at best. They have a good core idea, and they built the game around it well enough.