Comfy Cruising

I was wondering what options are there now for games that allow you to just go around and cruise comfortably bonus with friends
Test Drive Unlimited is dead, The Crew is just lel no. Forza seems like it would be fine if it wasn't for the fact it is Windows Kike Exclusive. My Summer Slav seems a bit limited in the driving department though still need to get a copy from the department of demo procurement first.
Any key recommendations I may have overlooked anons?

I'd love some sort of VR chatroom in the form of a car where you can browse websites and share shit with your friends. That is the future and it isn't here yet, sadly.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 if you like driving trucks. Not sure if there's anything like that for regular cars, though.

Games that let you drive in the snow (blizzard please) at night would be a plus.

Need a good PC to emulate this.

unironically GTAV, going down the coast road is comfy imo, if a bit short.
Someone needs to make a game which is just an infinitely long costal road at night in an 80's sports car

How do you get the snow to show up on a pirated version of the game? I don’t mean hacking to get to the beginning; I mean activating the online function where the real game world is covered in snow.

The Crew, if you can put up with all its other faults, and the fact that it's made by Ubishit

And find a version that actually fucking works. The only one with seeds that I’ve found refuses to extract its archive once downloaded. “Corrupt”, despite all 100.00% of the torrent verified as accurate.

Vette! was possibly the first game of the "cruise around an open city" kind.

Outrun?

I mean yeah outrun is comfy but
nibba I can do the coast road in 60 seconds then it goes into the mountains or some shit.
I mean a game that can stitch a rod together as you play it, endless runner style but not shit and no points scoring, just to chill and relax.
I guess you could put an arcade mode in there too and do other styles like alpine roads, dirt tracks through the desert and stuff.

despite being published by Electronic Arts Burnout Paradise is actually comfy as fuck.

There's a little indie game called Jalopy, it's all about cruising around the eastern bloc in your Lada, with your uncle.

Sleeping Dogs is fantastic if you like city sunsets, cities at night and during the rain. It has its own ingame radio too if you wanna listen to music there. Or you can turn it off and just enjoy the sounds.

FFXV has driving around… on rails. But the world is pretty and it can get pretty comfy with the music and the views. It has rain, and a day/night cycle. The problem is, aside from the views, the music, the weather, the driving is shit/practically non-existent. And you have to dig through some stupid story and dumb characters to unlock the whole world to drive through. It's a decent comfy game, even outside of driving when you're just exploring, but a terrible game game. If you're exploring and combat happens, possibly one of the worst combat systems in an action rpg ever, it really puts a damper on the mood.

I found a fellow gear head to play the game with me because "fuck it I don't have anything else to play" and the game is fucking buggy mess to the point where we both pretty much gave up on it. Sound bugs. SHIT loads of matchmaking bugs that either cause you to D/C during a race, be unable to join someone someone outright, D/C from the game randomly because "muh always online" and sometimes it just doesn't match you properly in other events. Nevermind cringe inducing story or muh SJW undertones that permeate every interaction. It gets better though. Who's holding your leash? A fucking woman. So every story beat you have her telling you what to do- same as Tom Clancy's Wildlands. I'm not even against that in practice but it seems like it's like this for every fucking ubisoft game.

How many ubisoft games have female characters acting as your boss and basically barking at you to fucking do shit?

I'm glad I got this sucker for free. If I had paid money for this garbage I would very salty.

Back when EA actually made good games by accident

Of course it would. Is his name Sergi?

have fun with your malware

Can you not just pirate it?

Actually don't think it needs Origin.

How else do I play BF3 and BF4 on ranked servers? Pls halp.

I agree, I'd be pissed if I had actually paid for this garbage. I don't know about playing with others, though. I have ignored the story and just use it as a cruising game. I turn off the shitty in-game music, and the shitty arcade challenges, and just drive around the map from coast to coast while listening to a podcast or something.

Freelancer and Elite Dangerous

there's my summer car where that's pretty much the point of the game. build a shitty car out of a bunch of parts in your garage then marvel over how spent 10 hours trying to build this thing before you looked up a guide how to build it and what the bolt sizes are. then maintain your car because parts loosen and damage over time and just fall off or force you to go to the landfill and look for new ones. can also use custom images for posters in your room and a very expensive car paintjob you can get in the game and use custom ogg files for the music

I haven't been able to do so successfully

it does now, if you buy it on g2a it gives you an origin code

That said PC Burnout Paradise is missing some DLC that the consoles got, an entire stunt based island.

wouldn't euro truck simulator make the cut for you?

Ca you Eurobeat in it?

Wish Midtown Madness wasn't dead.

GTA V, just hope that you and your friend are in a non cancerous lobby.

Is GTA IV still kicking on unofficial servers or something?

This dude knows what's up.

That's all I do in that game anymore, is drive along the freeway in an empty lobby while listening to some tunes.

Drift Stage
Once you get the hang of the controls, there isn't a comfier game for zoning out and listening to music just trying to shave a few milliseconds off your time
Don't get the free version offered, it's outdated. Pirate or buy the latest release.

what are you, a faggot?

post more, this sounds comfy as fuck

You're a nigger.

I do the same thing, also in multiplayer, but I prefer bikes tbh.

You know there are private servers, right? If I'm dicking around and want to comfy drive, I'll use R* servers because I've got a bunch of cars, but there are custom launchers with tons of private servers. Lots of RP servers if that's your thing, but there are also racing servers.

Look into FiveM, it seems to be less shitty than the other launchers.

Sleeping Dogs is an underrated game, honestly. Story gets good after a while, comfy atmosphere, and fun melee combat.

I thought it wasn't even out yet.

ETS2 with Promods, Rusmap and Southern Region is really comfy. Some of the new areas in Promods are just incredible.

I wouldn't mind giving the game a whirl with Redux. While the contrast and saturation are way off, I get this weird Mirror's Edge feel from it. Still, Vanilla looks better.

Hey OP, how about cruising in a plane rather than a lame car? I wish there were more comfy trains like in RDR.

Funny how these games are played to get comfy, when in real life being a trucker is as stressful and exhausting as hell.

Funny how these games are played to get comfy, when in real life being a trucker is as stressful and exhausting as hell.

Just Cause 3. The islands are gorgeus, although might not be as good looking as GTA5. The mobility you have in that game with that DLC jetpack is just great.

GTA5 is pretty cool too. Although why would you play online, I imagine you can just mod all those online cars into sp, right?

not a huge trucking fan, but when I played a buch it was pretty comfy, it's great for podcast listening
also, is there a mod for the dlcs, so I dont have to buy them?

flying is pretty comfy

There might be torrents. I own a lot of the dlc but aside from the map ones, the rest are kind of Jewish

All I want is to get on the ride. Although I admit I have no idea how the game mechanics would look like, given that you'd normally just stay in your car and GTFO.

This could actually be interesting, where you have to avoid getting slaughtered but there's also a mode that allows for simply driving minus the dying part

I was initially torn between red, or white. I couldn't settle on either, so I figured: Why not both?

Plus, I already have a white Infernus.

Everyone has a preference. I have a few bikes, but I've always been a car person more than a bike person. But I respectfully respect your opinion.

Vanilla is better. These "redux" mods all suffer from the same shit where idiots don't know anything about contrast or color scaling. So the contrast is too high, the darks are too deep, and it ends up looking like a stupid cartoon with too many reflections.

I play online because I enjoy it, and because I have a consistent group of friends who I've been playing with for the past couple of years. I'm sure I could mod those cars into SP, but going on comfy drives with friends makes it even more worthwhile. Drift clubbing is a lot of fun too.

I'd be fully content if regular driving simulators would have GTA-style scary easter eggs where driving down certain roads has a one-in-x chance to trigger a creepy special event.

I tried one before with all the dlcs but it seemed infected, so I said fuck it. I'll keep an eye on sales, although I want to get a new wheel too for some rallying. Quality peripherials are supercomfy btw.

I don't get this, but interesting idea I guess.

I roamed the countryside with franklin at night in gta5 and I was randomly attacked by 3 rednecks on atvs, felt great.

As I said, I wouldn't really put it into the same sub-genre unless the horror tidbits were the size of easter eggs - like the aforementioned Bigfoot stuff in GTA, etc.

Never say never. I'm sure it'll be a thing eventually.

There's still a lot of people that play GTA, especially ones who do private lobbies for the sake of cruising, racing, etc.

Cancerous as the general playerbase might be, I've come across some good people playing too. Ones who like doing the same thing and aren't meme spouting retards.

Cancerous as the general playerbase might be, I've come across some good people playing too. Ones who like doing the same thing and aren't meme spouting retards.
Sure and I played with a couple of those, but as a newcomer I just don't have it in me to wait 5-10 minutes in a lobby and another 5-10 minutes to get a heist to start just for a random retard to leave the game randomly. There's so much time wasting in that multiplayer system that I'd rather just leave it and play sp.

Never could get the hang of drifting in GTA. Oversteer feels uncontrollable, even when using a controller instead of M&K, and cars in general seem glued to the road.

Heists are probably the worst and most unrewarding part of that game. Too much time wasted in between loading screens, setup, and having to start over because some faggot tried to be xX360GokuNoScopeXx on missions. They're fun the first couple times, but once the novelty wears off, they're just awful. Too much time investment for too little reward, especially now since GTA$ has declined so much since the Heists update.

I'd totally be willing to help out and lend a hand if you need people to roll with, though.

Every car has its own personality, especially in the Sports class. The Carbonizzare there is a good drifter, because you can brake into your turns with it, atop of being a super agile vehicle overall.

Best advice I can give:
Take your car onto the track. (Cutting Coroners or Rodeo Loop are personal favorites.) - You'll quickly see the strengths/weaknesses of your car of choice.

Play to those strengths/weaknesses. Especially when it comes to rear weight/momentum, and compensating around that. Some cars have massive oversteer, (Carbonizzare) some have massive understeer. (Jester) Some cars have their weight closer to the back, while others have it closer to the center axis.

In your turns, feather your handbrake with them, and gradually apply pressure when necessary. Handbraking is your flourisher, but the regular brake is your equalizer. This is where M+KB comes in super handy.

That said, not every car needs handbrake to drift. Regular brake works well with some cars. I love the Carbo for that reason, it's one of my favorite cars.

Most I can advise is, see which cars suit your driving style the most, some are wholly different animals.

As long as you can get into them with a pirated copy I guess it doesn't matter much. The driving in IV is still better though

Carbo was actually my daily driver before I turned into a bikefag. Problem is, I just can't work out a proper drift technique. Do you actually countersteer?

The driving in IV is fine. It's scaled to suit the cramped confines of Liberty City. My only complaint is that the vehicle suspension is unrealistically loose, feels like the cars are situated over giant slinkies with how much they bob and roll into simple turns.

Played through IV and Episodes last weekend. The game has held up really well and is still super enjoyable.

Partly.

I steer into the turn while braking. The braking is very smooth and gradual, and it's one of the few cars which has that ability (T20 and Lynx pre-upgrades) aside.

The Carbo is super nimble though, so if you wanted to hard drift, it's very possible to ride the handbrake, just have to maintain a balancing act to keep it parallel. Because it's such a nimble car, shit can go wrong very quickly if you lose that balance. You might need to countersteer at the end of the drift to keep stability, but it's balanced to the degree where any countersteering that needs to be done is resolved with a quick tap.

Should I be leaving the brakes stock, then? Because I just ran through Cutting Coroners twice on my Carb (2:30 both times, minor crash each run) and it was braking very hard.

Max the brakes if you're able. The stronger the brakes, the easier it is to control the weight and momentum into your turns.

I'll take loose suspension over what we got in GTAV tbh. The way most the cars handle makes it nearly unplayable for me after playing 4.

Playing around with it, braking as I turn seems to be making my cornering much faster. I checked the car and apparently the brakes were level 1, so I've actually got to grind some cash for the upgrade since I spent all my hackerbux on ripping off your color scheme. I didn't know they'd added the Testarossa.

also pondering a white with pink pearlescent, since I've had a Miami Vice outfit saved forever

The difference between the two games are jarring, no doubt. I think both cars are fine in their respective games, since they're balanced around the environments they were designed for. I adore both games equally, it's apples to oranges in my eyes.

That's good! So long as you keep at it and practicing with it, you'l do fine. Especially once you have all of your upgrades down.

They added the Testarossa a couple months ago, it's still my main car today. Glad you're enjoying the color scheme as well!

Pink pearl on white could look nice, has enough sharp edges and clean lines that it might bring it out well. Never know until you try. Took me about 12 different resprays before I settled on my pink.

Have a counterpart to your screencap. Took the exact same one at the exact same shop after upgrading the brakes.

Looking good.

God damn it the Carbo is such a sexy car.

Have a proper reaction because my previous is fucked.

just download a save where you have a ton of money and everything unlocked, then buy a truck you like. don't bother choosing a cargo or anything, just go drive. i do this in american truck simulator all the time when i need to just zone out and relax

Driving in general feels really arcadey and boring in gta v. I have no idea how anons in this thread play it for the driving.

yeah I only wanted to play them once or twice, the one or two bigger ones I played were pretty cool, stealing jets while danger zone is blasting in the radio, stuff like that is cool.
But is it worth playing GTA5 online alone? Seems to me that it's a shitshow for a beginner.

I fucking loved the driving in GTA4 and I heard bad things about 5's system. It's definitely more arcady, but it's ain't that bad. Fits the tone of the game better I think and there's always mods customize everything you would ever want.

This is now a comfy cruising garage thread.

the regular cars rolled in corners
the sports cars handled like sports cars and didnt have the extreme body roll
GTAIV was borderline simulation tier

you ever slide into a corner in a regular shirbox at 40 mph IRL? the car shifts just as much

LOL. The cars wallowed around like ships in high seas. The only cars in real life that are as floaty as cars in GTA IV are cars with broken air suspension systems.

Just google any video of even a car like the Coquette driving around in that game, the entire thing leans so much to the sides in every single turn that it looks like the whole car is going to keel over at any second. THe driving physics in that game was garbage. I think nostalgia is affecting your judgement.

The cars were better in IV than 5 tbh. If you don't find the physics fun then I guess that's your problem. Though they're not as exaggerated as you're making it sound.

In IV all the cars had an amount of body roll typically associated with a real life land barge like the crown victoria or any sedan from the 70s. It was realistic, for piece of shit cars nobody drives anymore and suspension engineering that stopped being used 30 years ago.
GTAV is more arcadey but it's not so extreme it's terrible. It's just an extreme difference compared to IV. You can initiate a drift with momentum in lower-powered cars, just like real life. The steering isn't simulation and controlling the car in the air is obviously bullshit, but the physics are solid.

How is American Truck Simulator anyway? I never tried it. How much of the map is available?

Speaking of ETS2, is the in-game radio broken for anyone else? Ever since a year or two ago I can't get it to work anymore and it just skips to the next channel after a few seconds ad infinitum like they're all offline. Only ones I got to work still are a couple Polish radio channels.
I tried messing around with the text file with all the stream adresses

besides that, try ebrake turning a toyota camry at 60 mph dude, you will pop a tire from the transfer of weight and flip the fucking thing, yes, cars have that much pitch and roll IRL when you drive like a maniac

I have over 300 hours in Just Cause 2 and half of that must be only from driving around. I never got as much fun driving in JC3 for some reason, I think it's the roads.

I think youve never seen or been in a car doing crazy shit like pulling 1.2gs

Well, then you thought wrong. First of all, in case you were lost and thought you were on /o/, this is a thread about video game cars you retard. Second of all, I've stuffed a car at over 120 MPH, I bet you've never gone 120 backwards while barreling towards a bunch of trees, faggot. I also use to have a 2006 STI that I would rag the absolute shit out of, I went through a transmission in my first month of ownership rowing through the gears while doing axle spins, and every single fuckign da yin that car I'd be bouncing off the rev limiter in that car while weaving in and out of traffic at 155. Every car except for the Porsche and the Vette in your pictures are gay as fuck btw.

Here's another one of my old Impala, all my pictures of my old STI are either on an old camera phone or on old school regular photos that got covered in toothpaste because that's what we used to hang pictures up in our cells when I was locked up.

I didn't even have a seat belt on during the Impala crash btw, I was drunk as fuckand thought it'd be a good idea to test how fast I could take this one turn even though I knew I was going entirely too fast to complete it. I spun 180 degrees about mid turn and went flying off the left side of the road that had a huge embankment, went airborne for quite awhile before slamming back down to earth and hitting a giant concrete ditch at the bottom of the embankment, that's what pulled my exhaust up in front of my rear tires in that second photo of it I posted, it's also what slowed me down a bunch before hitting the tree and is what saved my life. I got knocked out by the airbag for a split second but other than that I came out without even a scratch. I'm basically God-tier.

it's really fun, but it feels much smaller than ETS. the big differences are the huge expanses of open road in arizona/nevada, the shit-tier roads and speed limits in california, and the huge optimus prime style semitrucks as opposed to the sensible little european trucks. i bought it and don't regret it. as far as the radio stations go, if you're playing a pirated copy as far as i know the internet radio addresses change every so often or something. i just know that i've had that problem before when i was playing pirated ETS and haven't had that problem once since switching to ATS.

you type like a fag and your shit's all retarded

I thought this game was dead?

Going through a transmission in a month is not something to be proud of, user.

You're an obnoxious tryhard faggot and probably have no real friends. You unironically drove an STI, so you probably vape as well. I'm going to laugh when my EMT buddies scrape your brains off your own dashboard. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later and you won't take anyone else with you, you disgusting fucking waste of oxygen. You will be utterly forgotten when you die, and nobody - not a single soul - will ever miss you.

I never said a single thing about knowing everything about cars, learn to read, friend-o.
LOL, faggot. My transmission blew up on the way from St.Louis, I was 200 miles away from home on the side of the highway and the dealership sent a flatbed out to pick me and drove us and my car home free of charge, and then put a brand new transmission into the car completely for free. Sorry for not being a scared ass faggot and not having as much fun as possible in a car that I paid for. Next time I'll try to drive more to your standards.

I hope I kill a van full of children in the crash and take them with me tbqh.

Sorry, my bad, you can't even have that cool of a life in your fantasies, you have to LARP about having friends that do that job. What a queer.

That has nothing to do with anything. It broke because you're a retard who can't drive properly, not because you were "enjoying it."

If I didn't want it to break, I would've kept it in first gear and not tried to see if I could do the spins in 6th, like I did. The entire time I owned that car from the moment I first took it on the test drive all the way to the final time I drove it on my way to the shooting I went to prison for, I did nothing but floor that car and treat it like absolute shit. The dealership was going to pay for anything that went wrong with it so who gives a fuck? And even if they wouldn't have, my parents are rich and would've just paid to fix it, no questions asked. I really couldn't give a shit less about how I treated a car, I just want to have as much fun as possible in them. You give me a 62 250 GTO and you better believe I would absolutely destroy that thing in a month and not give one single fuck about it and just move on to the next car.

Am I being memed?

There's more bait in there than just that. You were suppose to hook onto the rich parents part first. This is suppose to eventually degenerate into a full blown case of affluenza. Get on my level, plebs.

I realized how obvious it was as I continued reading the post, but that was after I replied.

I genuinely hope you die slowly and painfully.

6/10 would probably get angry again.